- Obesity 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Obesity and binge eating disorder 2005, KargerControl of Food Intake / Gutzwiller, J.-P.; Beglinger, C. (Basel) -- Regulation of Body Weight / Langhans, W.; Geary, N. (Zurich) -- Epidemiology and Symptomatology of Obesity / Wechsler, J.G. (Munchen); Leopold, K. (Lausanne); Bischoff, G. (Munchen) -- Etiology of Obesity / Vogele, C. (London) -- Treatment Options of Obesity: Behavioral Weight Control / Laessle, R.G. (Trier) -- Pharmacological Management of Obesity / Bray, G.A. (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity / Muller, M.K.; Weber, M. (Zurich) -- Treatment of Obese Children / Braet, C. (Ghent) -- Binge Eating Disorder: A New Eating Disorder or an Epiphenomenon of Obesity? / Tuschen-Caffier, B.; Schlussel, C. (Bielefeld) -- Course, Etiology, and Maintenance of Binge Eating Disorder / Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- The Psychological and Pharmacological Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder. An Overview / Biedert, E. (Basel) -- Binge Eating Disorder in Childhood - What Do We Know About It? / Munsch, S. (Basel); Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Binge Eating Disorder: Specific and Common Features. A Comprehensive Overview / Munsch, S.; Dubi, K. (Basel)
- Obesity and diabetes 2006, SpringerObesity and diabetes: the historical events marking the evolution of the understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of two related diseases / George Karanastasis and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Epidemiology of obesity and diabetes: prevalence and trends / Susanna C. Larsson and Alicja Wolk -- Genetics of obesity and diabetes / Despina Sanoudou and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Nutrients and peripherally secreted molecules in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, Diana Barb, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Central integration of peripheral signals in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, George Karanastasis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Role of energy expenditure in regulation of energy homeostasis / Eric S. Bachman -- Pathophysiology of diabetes in obesity / Geetha R. Soodini and Osama Hamdy -- Diagnosing obesity, diabetes mellitus and the insulin resistance syndrome / Diana Barb and Christos S. Mantzoros --Metabolic syndrome / Rochelle L. Chaiken and Mary Ann Banerji -- Obesity, diabetes, and hypertension / Anjanette S. Tan ... [et al.] -- Dyslipidemia associated with diabetes and insulin resistance syndromes / Jody Dushay and J. Peter Oettgen -- Obesity, diabetes, and endothelial dysfunction / Geetha R. Soodini, Edward S. Horton, and Osama Hamdy -- Atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease: sequelae of obesity and diabetes / Satish N. Nadig and Allen Hamdan -- Obesity, diabetes, and risk of cancer: a review of epidemiological studies / Susanna C. Larsson, Hans-Olov Adami, and Alicja Wolk -- Polycystic ovary syndrome a and its metabolic complications / Emilia P. Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence / Susann Blüher and Wieland Kiess -- Diabetic retinopathy / Vassiliki Poulaki and Joan W. Miller -- Obesity and renal disease / Ayman Geneidy and Richard Solomon --Diabetic peripheral neuropathy / Rachel Nardin and Roy Freeman -- The diabetic foot / Thanh L. Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Erectile dysfunction / Kenneth J. Snow -- Infections in diabetes mellitus / Sotirios Tsiodras ... [et al.] -- The HAART-induced metabolic syndrome / Sotirios Tsiodras, Theodore Kelesidis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Diet and lifestyle in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes / Frank B. Hu -- Diet, exercise, and behavioral treatment of obesity / George L. Blackburn -- Medical approaches to the treatment of the obese patient / George A. Bray and Donna H. Ryan -- Medical treatment of the obese patient with type 2 diabetes / Jean L. Chan, Christos S. Mantzoros and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Surgical treatment of obesity and diabetes / Benjamin E. Schneider and Edward C. Mun -- Future developments in the area of pharmacotherapy: molecules in early-stage preclinical development and in clinical trials that may affect energy homeostasis / Diana Barb, Greeshma K. Shetty, and Christos S. Mantzoros.
- Obesity and lung disease 2013, Springer
- Obesity and metabolism 2008., KargerMonogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. --Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. --Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- Obesity and the kidney 2006, KargerObesity and chronic kidney disease / Kramer, H. -- Obesity and kidney transplantation / Srinivas, T.R., Meier-Kriesche H.-U. -- Body mass index and the risk of chronic renal failure: the Asian experience / Iseki, K. -- Obesity paradox in patients on maintenance dialysis / Kalantar-Zadeh, K., Kopple, J.D. -- Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ: a nephrologists' perspective / Chudek, J. ... [et al.] -- Renal handling of adipokines / Kataoka, H., Sharma, K. -- Lipid metabolism and renal disease / Abrass, C.K. -- Role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the metabolic syndrome / Engeli, S. -- Functional and structural renal changes in the early stages of obesity / Thakur, V., Morse, S., Reisin, E. -- Leptin as a proinflammatory cytokine / Lord, G.M. -- Adipose tissue and inflammation in chronic kidney disease / Axelsson, J., Heimbürger, O., Stenvinkel, P. -- Leptin and renal fibrosi / Wolf, G., Ziyadeh, F.N. -- Obesity and renal hemodynamics / Bosma, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and renal disease / Fliser, D., Kielstein, J.T., Menne, J. -- Treatment of obesity: a challenging task / Sharma, A.M., Iacobellis, G. -- Weight loss and proteinuria / Praga, M., Morales, E. -- Treatment of arterial hypertension in obese patients / Wenzel, U.O., Krebs, C. -- Bariatric surgery / Korenkov, M.
- Obesity before birth 2011, Springer
- Obesity in childhood and adolescence 2004, Karger
- Obesity management 2005, HighWire
- Obesity management in family practice 2006, Springer
- Obesity surgery 2008, AccessSurgery
- Obesity treatment and prevention 2012, KargerBrain reorganization following weight loss / M. Rosenbaum, R.L. Leibel -- Physical activity and weight loss / J.M. Jakicic -- Dietary strategies for weight management / B.J. Rolls -- Targeting adipose tissue inflammation to treat the underlying basis of the metabolic complications of obesity / M.I. Goran, T. Alderete -- Summary discussion on obesity treatment : challenges and opportunities -- New directions for prevention -- The gut microbiome and obesity / M.A.J Hullar, J.W. Lampe -- Starting early : obesity prevention during infancy / L.L. Birch, S. Anzman-Frasca, I.M. Paul -- The economics of food choice behavior : why poverty and obesity are linked / A. Drewnowski -- The importance of the food and physical activity environments / J.M. Oppert, H. Charreire -- The importance of systems thinking of address obesity / D.T. Finegood -- Summary discussion on new directions for prevention.
- Obesity. 2nd ed. 2013, CRCnetBASE"The spread of obesity has been declared a worldwide epidemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). In fact, a new term, globesity, has been coined to describe the recent upsurge of overweight and obesity throughout the world's population. How severe is the problem? According to WHO, worldwide obesity has more than double since 1980. In 2008, 1.5 billion adults, 20 and older, were overweight . Of these over 200 million men and 300 million women were obese. 65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight . Furthermore, nearly 43 million children under the age of five were underweight in 2010 "--Provided by publisher.
- Object recognition, attention, and action 2007, SpringerObject recognition.Occlusion awaits disclosure /Gijs Plomp, Cees van Leeuwen --Functional MRI evidence for neural plasticity at early stages of visual processing in humans /Sophie Schwartz --Pattern recognition in direct and indirect view /Hans Strasburger, Ingo Rentschler --Part based strategies for visual categorisation and object recognition /Martin Juttner --Recent psychophysical and neural research in shape recognition /Irving Biederman --Object recognition in humans and machines /ChristianWallraven, Heinrich H. Bulthoff --Prior knowledge and learning in 3D object recognition /Markus Gschwind, Hans Brettel, Ingo Rentschler --Neural representation of faces in human visual cortex : the roles of attention, emotion, and viewpoint /Patrik Vuilleumier --Attention.Object recognition : attention and dual routes /Volker Thoma, Jules Davidoff --Interactions between shape perception and egocentric localization /Hiroyuki Sogo, Naoyuki Osaka --Feature binding in visual working memory /Jun Saiki --Biased competition and cooperation : a mechanism of mammalian visual recognition? /Gustavo Deco, Martin Stetter, Miruna Szabo --Action.Influence of visual motion on object localisation in perception and action /Hiroshi Ashida --Neural substrates of action imitation studied by fMRI /Shigeki Tanaka --Two types of anticipatory timing mechanisms in synchronization tapping /Yoshihiro Miyake, Yohei Onishi, Ernst Poppel.
- Objective structured clinical examinations 2013, Springer
- Observed confidence levels 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Obstetric anesthesia handbook. 5th ed. 2010, Springer
- Obstetric dermatology 2009, Springer
- Obstetric fistula 2006, WHO
- Obstetric medicine 2007., Springer
- In addition to subjects in this record, subjects covered include: female anatomy; anatomy, diagnosis, scenes, and garb of pregnancy; embryology; the obstetric pelvis; labor, the birth chamber; resuscitation, swaddling, circumcision, and baptism of the newborn; nursing; multiple pregnancies/births; fertility and its control; and texts written on the subjects.
- Health care for women: obstetrics and gynecology as specialty and primary-preventive health care -- Ethics in obstetrics and gynecology -- Embryology, anatomy, and reproductive genetics -- Maternal-fetal physiology -- Antepartum care -- Intrapartum care -- Abnormal labor -- Intrapartum fetal surveillance -- Immediate care of the newborn -- Postpartum care -- Isoimmunization -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Postpartum infection -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Medical and surgical considerations of pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Multifetal gestation -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Postterm pregnancy -- Preterm labor --Premature rupture of membranes -- Obstetric procedures -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Vulvitis and vaginitis -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Pelvic relaxation, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection -- Endometriosis -- Dysmenorrhea and chronic pelvic pain -- Disorders of the breast -- Gynecologic procedures -- Reproductive cycle -- Puberty -- Amenorrhea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Menopause -- Infertility -- Premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder -- Cell biology and principles of cancer therapy -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia -- Vulvar and vaginal disease and neoplasia -- Cervical neoplasia and carcinoma -- Uterine leiomyoma and neoplasia -- Endometrial hyperplasia and cancer -- Ovarian and adnexal disease -- Human sexuality -- Sexual assault and domestic violence.
- Endocrinology of Pregnancy -- Fetal Physiology -- Normal Pregnancy, the Puerperium, and Lactation -- Antepartum Care -- Identification of the High-Risk Pregnant Patient -- Prenatal Screening and Diagnosis: Obstetric Ultrasound and Genetic Testing -- Teratology -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Bleeding -- Labor and Delivery -- Intrapartum Fetal Monitoring -- Operative Obstetrics -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- Postterm Pregnancy -- Preterm Labor -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Other Medical Complications of Pregnancy -- The Gynecologic Office Visit -- The Menstrual Cycle -- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology -- Müllerian Anomalies and Disorders of Sexual Development -- Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome -- Hirsutism and Hyperandrogenic Disorders -- Pelvic Pain -- Endometriosis -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- The Infertile Couple -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Family Planning: Contraception and Complications -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Vulvovaginitis -- Disorders of the Pelvic Floor -- Menopause -- Breast Disease -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Pelvic Malignancies -- Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault -- Medicolegal Considerations in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Obstetrics in family medicine 2006, SpringerPhysiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- Obstetrics. 5th ed. 2007
- Obstetrics. 6th ed. 2012, MD ConsultPlacental anatomy and physiology -- Placental and fetal physiology -- Maternal physiology -- Maternal-fetal immunology -- Developmental origins of adult health and disease -- Preconception and prenatal care: part of the continuum -- Nutritional management during pregnancy -- Drugs and environmental agents in pregnancy and lactation: embryology, teratology, epidemiology -- Obstetrical ultrasound: imaging, dating, and growth -- Genetic counseling and genetic screening -- Prenatal genetic diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal evaluation -- Normal labor and delivery -- Abnormal labor and induction of labor -- Operative vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal evaluation -- Obstetrical anesthesia -- Malpresentations and shoulder dystocia -- Antepartum and postpartum hemorrhage -- Cesarean delivery -- The neonate -- Postpartum care -- Lactation and breastfeeding -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma and related surgery in pregnancy -- Pregnancy loss -- Cervical insufficiency -- Preterm birth -- Premature rupture of the membranes -- Multiple gestations -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Red cell alloimmunization -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Prolonged and postterm pregnancy -- Hypertension -- Heart disease -- Respiratory diseases in pregnancy -- Renal disease -- Diabetes mellitus complicating pregnancy -- Thyroid and parathyroid diseases in pregnancy -- Pituitary and adrenal disorders in pregnancy -- Hematologic complications of pregnancy -- Thromboembolic disorders -- Collagen vascular diseases -- Hepatic and gastrointestinal diseases -- Neurologic disorders -- Malignant diseases and pregnancy -- Skin disease in pregnancy and puerperium -- Maternal and perinatal infection: the sexually transmitted diseases chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphilis -- Maternal and perinatal infection-viral -- Maternal and perinatal infection-bacterial -- Mental health and behavioral disorders in pregnancy -- Patient safety and quality measurement in obstetrical care -- Legal and ethical issues in obstetrical practice.
- Obstructive airway diseases 2012, CRCnetBASE"Incidences of inflammatory airway diseases are on the rise across the world. Existing therapeutic options are ineffective, unsafe, and expensive, and severe cases are nonresponsive to conventional therapy. Therefore, it is imperative that research be undertaken to discover new treatment options. Obstructive Airway Diseases: Role of Lipid Mediators discusses clinically successful and potential lipid targets that can make a difference in treating some of the most intractable disease states."--Publisher description.
- Obstructive sleep apnea in adults 2011, KargerObstructive sleep apnea in adults : epidemiology, clinical presentation, and treatment options -- Inflammation, oxidative stress, and procoagulant and thrombotic activity in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Metabolic disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea in adults -- Endothelial dysfunction in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Hemodynamic and autonomic changes in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Cardiovascular disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- Perspectives / Kudisha -- History / Zupancic, Lavie -- Epidemiology / Yuen -- Ontogeny / Hoban, Bliwise -- Upper airway anatomy / Tung -- Physiology and dynamics of the upper airway / Huang, Marcus -- Control of breathing in sleep / Smith ... [et al.] -- Arousal from sleep / Halász -- Pathogenesis / Nguyen, Yim, Malhotra -- Risk factors / Ramar, Guilleminault -- Familial and genetic factors / Patel, Tishler -- The spectrum of sleep-disordered breathing / Habib, Phillips -- Central and autonomic nervous systems / Colrain, Trinder -- Cardiac arrhythmias and congestive heart failure / Chen, Bradley -- Hypertension and the cardiovascular system / Budhiraja, Quan -- Endocrine function and glucose metabolism / Stamatakis, Punjabi -- Obesity / Dyken ... [et al.] -- Mood and behavior in obstructive sleep apnea / Aloia, Bruce -- Sleepiness / Kirsch, Chervin -- Obstructive sleep apnea and health-related quality of life / Moyer, Moyer, Chervin -- Driving risk and accidents / Sagaspe, Philip -- Economic and societal impact / Wittmann, Rodenstein.
- Work, environment, and health -- Recognition, assessment, and prevention -- Hazardous exposures -- Adverse health effects -- An integrated approach to prevention.
- Occupational asthma 2010, Springer
- Occupational crime 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational ergonomics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational ergonomics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational hearing loss. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Occupational physiology 2012, CRCnetBASEWork, working life, occupational physiology / Allan Toomingas, Svend Erik Mathiassen, and Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work demanding high energy metabolism / Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work requiring considerable muscle force / Katarina Kjellberg -- Work in awkward postures / Karin Harms-Ringdahl -- Work with highly repetitive movements / Fredrik Hellström -- Prolonged, low-intensity, sedentary work / Allan Toomingas -- Work with high levels of mental strain / Bo Melin -- Work that disrupts the diurnal rhythm / Torbjörn Åkerstedt -- Work in heat and cold / Désirée Gavhed -- A good working life for everyone / Allan Toomingas, Margareta Bratt Carlström, and Svend Erik Mathiassen.
- Occupational stress in the service professions 2003, CRCnetBASEIntroduction : Context, theories and intervention / Maureen F. Dollard -- The DISC model : demand-induced strain compensation mechanisms in job stress / Jan De Jonge and Christian Dormann -- Measurement and methodological issues in work stress research / Maureen F. Dollard and Jan de Jonge -- Conventional wisdom is often misleading : police stress within an organisational health framework / Peter M. Hart and Peter Cotton -- Burnout among oncology care providers : radiation assistants, physicians and nurses / Pascale M. Le Blanc and Wilmar B. Schaufeli -- Senior nurses : interventions to reduce work stress / Amanda Griffiths ... [et al.] -- Work stress and its effects in general practitioners / Helen R. Winefield -- Teacher stress / Esther R. Greenglass and Ronald J. Burke -- Stress in university academics / Anthony H. Winefield -- Prostitution : an illustration of occupational stress in 'dirty work' / Kara Anne Arnold and Julian Barling -- Social workers and human service practitioners / Robert L. Lonne -- Clergy in crisis / Sarah J. Cotton ... [et al.] -- Stress in psychological work / Susan P. Griffiths -- Volunteering work stress and satisfaction at the turn of the 21st century / Jacques C. Metzer -- Conclusion / Maureen F. Dollard.
- Occupational therapy in epidermolysis bullosa 2013, Springer
- Occupy medicine 2012
- Oceans and health 2006, SpringerPathogens in the sea: an overview / Colin B. Munn -- Diversity, sources, and detection of human bacterial pathogens in the marine environment / Janelle R. Thompson, Luisa A. Marcelino, and Martin F. Polz -- Biotic and abiotic effects / Lester W. Sinton -- Survival of enteric bacteria in seawater: molecular aspects / Yael Rozen and Shimshon Belkin -- Human pathogenic viruses in the marine environment / Albert Bosch, F. Xavier Abad, and Rosa M. Pinto -- Survival of viruses in the marine environment / Charles P. Gerba -- Zoonotic protists in the marine environment / Ronald Fayer and James M. Trout -- Marine and estuarine harmful algal blooms: impacts on human and animal health / Jan Landsberg, Fran Van Dolah, and Gregory Donelli -- Vibrio vulnificus / James D. Oliver -- Vibrio parahaemolyticus--seafood safety and associations with higher organisms / Firdausi Qadri ... [et al.] -- Global microbial ecology of vibrio cholerae / Rita R. Colwell -- Gram-positive bacteria in the marine environment / Maria del mar Lleo, Caterina Signoretto, and Pietro Canepari -- Fecal contamination in coastal areas: an engineering approach / M. Pommepuy ... [et al.] -- Retention of pathogenicity in viable nonculturable pathogens / Iddya Karunasagar and Indrani Karunasagar -- Thalassogenic infectious diseases caused by wastewater pollution of the marine environment / Hillel Shuval -- Bacterial pathogens of marine fish / Brian Austin -- Microbial diseases of corals / E. Rosenberg and Y. Barash -- Aquacultures and animal pathogens in the marine environment with emphasis on marine shrimp viruses / Jeffrey M. Lotz, Robin M. Overstreet, and D. Jay Grimes.
- OCT in AMD 2009, Springer
- Ocular angiogenesis 2006, SpringerAngiogenic diseases -- Age-related macular degeneration / Curtis L. Hagedorn and Ron A. Adelman -- Endogenous angiogenic inhibitors in diabetic retinopathy / Jian-Xing Ma and Sarah X. Zhang -- Corneal angiogenesis / Trevor R. Carmichael -- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy / Nahoko Ogata and Kanji Takahashi -- Myopic choroidal neovascularization / Kyoko Ohno-Matsui and Takashi Tokoro -- Mechanisms of the formation and stability of retinal blood vessels / Jonathan Stone, Trent Sandercoe, and Jan Provis -- Neovascular glaucoma / James C. Tsai and M. Bruce Shields -- Eales' disease / Jyotirmay Biswas -- Angiogenesis and ocular tumorigenesis / Nader Sheibani and Daniel M. Albert -- Genetics of ocular vascular disease / Jacquie Greenberg, Ari Ziskind, and Stephen P. Daiger -- Endogenous promoters and inhibitors of angiogenesis -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and retinal diseases / Sam Dahr and Karl G. Csaky -- The role of fibroblast growth factors in ocular angiogenesis / Andreas Bikfalvi and Sophie Javerzat -- Control of neovascularization and cell survival in the eye by PEDF / Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable -- Thrombospondin: guarding the clear view / Arin Aurora and Olga V. Volpert -- Regulation of ocular angiogenesis by matrix proteases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases / Bela Anand-Apte -- Integrins in ocular angiogenesis / Matthew R. Ritter and Martin Friedlander -- Ocular inflammation and neovascularization / Chi-Chao Chan and Robert B. Nussenblatt -- Therapeutics and delivery for angiogenic eye diseases -- Anti-VEGF therapies for diseases of the retina and choroid / Ming Lu and Donald J. D'Amico -- Anecortave acetate: a novel ocular angiostatic agent / Stella M. Robertson ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for neovascular retinopathies / Brian J. Raisler, Kenneth I. Berns, and William W. Hauswirth -- Noninvasive delivery of DNA into the eye / John M. Nickerson ... [et al.] -- Novel drug delivery systems for posterior segment ocular disease / Heather Sheardown and W. Mark Saltzman.
- Ocular blood flow 2012, Springer
- Ocular blood flow and glaucomatous optic neuropathy 2009, Springer
- Ocular differential diagnosis. 7th ed. 2002, Ovid
- Ocular drug delivery systems 2013, CRCnetBASE1.Nanoparticulate-based therapeutics: an overview /Deepak Thassu, Kris Holt, and Gerald J. Chader --2.Eye anatomy, physiology and ocular barriers: basic considerations for drug delivery /Gerald J. Chader and Deepak Thassu --3.Animal models to evaluate nanoparticulate drug delivery systems /Vinson M. Wang, Jingsheng Tuo, and Chi-Chao Chan --4.Computer modeling for ocular drug delivery /Paul J. Missel --5.Considerations for development of ophthalmic nanotechnology-based drugs /Banu S. Zolnik, Sherizaq Baksh, and Nakissa Sadrieh --6.Blood-retinal barrier: the fundamentals /Rosa Fernandes, Andreia Gonçalves, and José Cunha-Vaz --7.Barriers to transscleral drug delivery to the retina /Alexandra Almazan ... [et al.] --8.Drug delivery to the vitreous humor /Francine Behar-Cohen --9.Transscleral and suprachoroidal drug delivery /Damian E. Berezovsky and Henry Edelhauser --10.Protein drug delivery to retina and choroid /Hogwen M. Rivers and Patrick M. Hughes --11.Transscleral drug delivery to the posterior segment of the eye /Bernard F. Godley ... [et al.] --12.Drug delivery to the suprachoroidal space /Sung Won Cho and Timothy Olsen --13.Use of nanoparticles in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and other degenerative retinal diseases /Marco A. Zarbin ... [et al.] --14.Drug molecule characteristics and their impact on anterior versus posterior segment drug delivery strategies /Kay D. Rittenhouse --15.Surface modulation of nanoparticles /Deepak Thassu and Kris Holt --16.Nanoparticles for the treatment of retinal diseases / Amin Famili and Uday B. Kompella --17.Gene-based medicine for ocular diseases /Shannon M. Conley and Muna I. Naash --18.Stealth-type polymeric nanoparticles with encapsulated betamethasone phosphate for treatment of intraocular inflammation /Tsutomu Sakai, Tsutomu Ishihara, and Megumu Higaki --19.Nanotechnology-guided imaging of retinal vascular disease /Joshua R. Trantum, John S. Penn, and Ashwath Jayagopal --20.Photoresponsive polymers for ocular drug delivery /Laura A. Wells and Heather Sheardown --t21.Nanosuspensions in ocular drug delivery systems /Himanshu Bhattacharjee and Sonia Bedi.
- Basic principles of pathology -- Congenital anomalies -- Nongranulomatous inflammation: uveitis, endophthalmitis, panophthalmitis, and sequelae -- Granulomatous inflammation -- Surgical and nonsurgical trauma -- Skin and lacrimal drainage system -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea and sclera -- Uvea -- Lens -- Neural (sensory) retina -- Vitreous -- Optic nerve -- Orbit -- Diabetes mellitus -- Glaucoma -- Ocular melanocytic tumors -- Retinoblastoma and pseudoglioma.
- Ocular surface disease 2013, ScienceDirect
- Ocular transporters in ophthalmic diseases and drug delivery 2008, Springer1Aquaporins and water transport in the cornea /Alan S. Verkman --2Roles of corneal epithelial ion transport mechanisms in mediating responses to cytokines and osmotic stress /Peter S. Reinach, José E. Capó-Aponte, Stefan Mergler, and Kathryn S. Pokorny --3Vitamin C transport, delivery, and function in the anterior segment of the eye /Ram Kannan and Hovhannes J. Gukasyan --4Mechanisms of aqueous humor formation: cellular model of aqueous flow /Chi-wai Do, Chi-wing Kong, Chu-yan Chang, Mortimer M. Civan, and Chi-ho To --5Membrane transporters: new roles in lens cataract /Paul J. Donaldson and Julie Lim --6Lens Na+, K+-ATPase /Nicholas A. Delamere and Shigeo Tamiya --7Pathophysiology of pericyte-containing retinal microvessels: roles of ion channels and transporters /Donald G. Puro --8Molecular mechanisms of the inner blood-retinal barrier transporters /Masatoshi Tomi and Ken-ichi Hosoya --9Regulation and transport in the RPE /Adnan Dibas and Thomas Yorio --10Glucose transporters in the retinal pigment epithelium /Lawrence J. Rizzolo --11Ca2+ channels in the retinal pigment epithelium: modulators of retinal pigment epithelium function and communication with neighboring tissues /Olaf Strauss -12Taurine transport pathways in the outer retina in relation to aging and disease /Ali A. Hussain and John Marshall --13P-Glycoprotein expression and function in the retinal pigment epithelium /Paul A. Constable, John G. Lawrenson, and N. Joan Abbott --14The retinal rod NCKX1 and cone/ganglion cell NCKX2 Na+/CA2+-K+ exchangers /Paul P.M Schnetkamp et al --15Excitatory amino acid transporters in the retina /Vijay Sarthy and David Pow --16Localization and function of gamma aminobutyric acid transporter 1 in the retina /Giovanni Casini --17Biochemical defects associated with genetic mutations in the retina-specific ABC transporter, ABCR, and macular degenerative diseases /Esther E. Biswas-Fiss --18Glutamate transporters and retinal disease and regulation /Nigel L. Barnett and Natalie D. Bull --19Glutamate transport in retinal glial cells during diabetes /Erica L. Fletcher and Michelle M. Ward --20The emerging significance of drug transporters and metabolizing enzymes to ophthalmic drug design /Mayssa Attar and Jie Shen --21Barriers in ocular drug delivery /Sriram Gunda, Sudharshan Hariharan, Nanda Mandava, and Ashim K. Mitra --22Ophthalmic applications of nanotechnology /Swita Raghava, Gaurav Goel, and Uday B. Kompella --23Vitamin C transporters in the retina /Vadivel Ganapathy, Sudha Ananth, Sylvia B. Smith, and Pamela M. Martin --24The plasma membrane transporters and channels of corneal endothelium /Jorge Fischbarg.
- Ocular traumatology 2008, SpringerTerminology of mechanical injuries: the Birmingham Eye Trauma Terminology (BETT) -- Classification of mechanical eye injuries -- Predicting the severity of an eye injury: the Ocular Trauma Score (OTS) -- Counseling the injured individual and the family -- From the other side: the patient's viewpoint -- Myths and truths in ocular traumatology -- Clinical epidemiology, prevention, and rehabilitation -- Strategic thinking in ocular traumatology -- Evaluation -- Emergency management -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea -- Sclera and limbus -- Tissue prolapse -- Anterior chamber -- Iris and pupil -- Lens -- Ciliary body and choroid -- Vitreous and retina -- Trauma by blunt object: contusions -- Open glove injury: a brief overview -- Trauma by blunt object: ruptures -- Penetrating injuries and IOFBs -- Perforating injuries -- Injury involving the entire globe -- Ocular trauma in children and in elderly patients -- Endophthalmitis -- Posttraumatic glaucoma -- Hypotony -- Endoscopy -- Chemical injuries -- Electromagnetic trauma -- The effects of systemic trauma on the eye.
- Oculoplastic surgery atlas. Cosmetic facial surgery 2005, Springer
- Oculoplastics and orbit. Aesthetic and functional oculofacial plastic problem-solving in the 21st century 2010, Springer
- Office andrology 2005, SpringerEssentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek --Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- Office building safety and health 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Office ergonomics 2008, CRCnetBASE1. Working posture -- 1.1. Introduction -- 1.2. Sitting versus standing -- 1.3. The back -- 1.4. Posture -- 1.5. Maintenance and monitoring of good posture -- 1.6. Summary -- 2. The design of workstation furniture -- 2.1. Introduction -- 2.2. Desks -- 2.2.1. Desk height -- 2.2.2. Worksurface design -- 2.2.3. Worksurface layout -- 2.2.4. Undersurface features -- 2.3. Partitions -- 2.4. Chairs -- 2.4.1. Seat height adjustment -- 2.4.2. Backrest adjustment -- 2.4.3. Armrests -- 2.4.4. Adjustment mechanisms -- 2.5. Accessories -- 2.5.1. Footrests -- 2.5.2. Wristrests -- 2.5.3. Document holders -- 2.5.4. Screen risers -- 2.5.5. Telephone headsets -- 2.5.6. Reading slopes -- 2.6. Summary -- 3. Workstation trials -- 3.1. Introduction -- 3.2. Task analysis -- 3.2.1. Starting the procedure -- 3.2.2. Information collection -- 3.2.3. Recording information -- 3.3. Trials -- 3.4. The roll-out -- 3.5. Summary -- 4. Computer use -- 4.1. Introduction -- 4.2. Desktops -- 4.3. Flat screens -- 4.4. Laptops -- 4.5. Wireless technology -- 4.6. Out-of-office working -- 4.6.1. Home office -- 4.6.2. Mobile offices -- 4.7. Summary -- 5. Screen displays -- 5.1. Introduction -- 5.2. Memory -- 5.2.1. Short-term memory -- 5.2.2. Long-term memory -- 5.3. Displays -- 5.3.1. Fonts -- 5.3.2. Using color -- 5.3.3. Layout -- 5.3.4. Wording -- 5.3.5. Windows -- 5.4. Summary -- 6. Input devices -- 6.1. Introduction -- 6.2. Keyboards -- 6.3. Mouse -- 6.4. Touchpads -- 6.5. Trackball -- 6.6. Joystick -- 6.7. Touchscreens -- 6.8. Graphics tablets -- 6.9. Voice recognition software -- 6.10. General design requirements -- 6.11. Summary -- 7. Organizational issues -- 7.1. Introduction -- 7.2. Job design -- 7.3. Work rate -- 7.4. Rest breaks -- 7.5. Overtime -- 7.6. Incentives -- 7.7. Motivation -- 7.8. Shift work -- 7.9. Compressed working week -- 7.10. Managing change -- 7.11. Summary -- 8. Training -- 8.1. Introduction -- 8.2. The trainees -- 8.3. Training methods -- 8.4. The course -- 8.5. Alternative approaches -- 8.6. Making training more effective -- 8.7. After the course -- 8.8. Summary -- 9. The environment -- 9.1. Introduction -- 9.2. Noise -- 9.3. Lighting -- 9.3.1. Glare -- 9.3.2. Artificial light -- 9.3.3. Natural light -- 9.3.4. Color -- 9.4. Thermal comfort -- 9.5. Summary -- 10. Manual handling -- 10.1. Introduction -- 10.2. Manual handling injuries -- 10.3. Reducing the risk -- 10.3.1. Mechanical assistance -- 10.3.2. Work demands -- 10.3.3. Object characteristics -- 10.3.4. Environmental conditions -- 10.3.5. The person -- 10.4. Training -- 10.5. Summary -- 11. Work-related ill health -- 11.1. Introduction -- 11.2. Upper limb disorders -- 11.2.1. Types of upper limb disorders -- 220.127.116.11. Tenosynovitis -- 18.104.22.168. Carpal tunnel syndrome -- 22.214.171.124. Dupuytren's contracture -- 126.96.36.199. Vibration white finger -- 188.8.131.52. Ganglion -- 184.108.40.206. Epicondylitis -- 220.127.116.11. Tendinitis -- 18.104.22.168. Frozen shoulder -- 22.214.171.124. Thoracic outlet syndrome -- 126.96.36.199. Cervical spondylosis -- 188.8.131.52. Osteoarthritis -- 11.2.2. Causes of upper limb disorders -- 184.108.40.206. Repetition -- 220.127.116.11. Awkward postures -- 18.104.22.168. Static muscle work -- 22.214.171.124. Force -- 126.96.36.199. Duration of exposure -- 188.8.131.52. Other contributory factors -- 184.108.40.206. Psychosocial factors -- 220.127.116.11. Extra-organizational factors -- 11.3. Responding to ULDs -- 11.4. Backache -- 11.5. Visual fatigue -- 11.6. Stress -- 11.7. Summary -- 12. Disability -- 12.1. Introduction -- 12.2. Workstation arrangements -- 12.3. Computer work -- 12.4. General environment -- 12.5 Summary -- 13. Risk assessment -- 13.1. Introduction -- 13.2. Sample checklists -- 14. Case studies -- 14.1. Introduction -- 14.2. Case study A -- 14.3. Case study B -- 14.4. Case study C -- 14.5. Case study D -- 14.6. Case study E --14.7. Case study F.
- Official methods for the determination of trans fat 2003, CRCnetBASE
- OIE/FAO International Scientific Conference on Avian Influenza Lane Catalog record
- Oligonucleotide synthesis 2004, Springer ProtocolsSynthesis of DNA using a new two-step cycle / Douglas J. Dellinger ... [et al.] -- RNA synthesis using 2'-O-(tert-butyldimethylsilyl) protection / Brian S. Sproat -- RNA oligonucleotide synthesis via 5'-silyl-2'-orthoester chemistry / Stephanie A. Hartsel... [et al.] -- Dimethylthiarum disulfide: new sulfur transfer reagent in phosphorothioates oligonucleotide synthesis -- Zhiwei Wang, Quanlai Song, and Yogesh H. Sanghvi -- Assay for evaluating ribonuclease H-mediated degradation of RNA-antisense oligonucleotide duplexes / Annie Galarneau ... [et al.] -- Di- and oligonucleotide synthesis using H-phosphonate chemistry / Jacek Stawinski and Roger Strömberg -- Solid-phase synthesis of circular oligonucleotides / Enrique Pedroso ... [et al.] -- Locked nucleic acid synthesis / Henrik M. Pfundheller ... [et al.] -- Synthesis of DNA mimics representing HypNA-pPNA hetero-oligomers / Vladimir A. Efimov and Oksana G. Chakhmakhcheva -- Base-modified oligonucleotides with increased duplex stability: pyrazolo[3,4-d] pyrimidines replacing purines / Frank Seela ... [et al.] --Introduction of hypermodified nucleotides in RNA / Darrell R. Davis and Ashok C. Bajji -- Chemical methods for peptide-oligonucleotide conjugate synthesis / Dmitry A. Stetsenko and Michael J. Gait -- Biotin labeled oligonucleotides with extraordinarily long tethering arms / A. Michael Morocho ... [et al.] -- Universal labeling chemistry for nucleic acid detection on DNA chips / Ali Laayoun ... [et al.] -- Postsynthetic functionalization of triple helix-forming oligonucleotides / Alexandre S. Boutorine and Jian-Sheng Sun -- Fluorescence-based on-line detection as an analytical tool in RNA electrophoresis / Ute Scheffer and Michael Göbel -- Design and optimization of molecular beacon real-time polymerase chain reaction assays / Jacqueline A. M. Vet and Salvatore A. E. Marras -- High-thoughput production of optimized primers (fimers) for whole-genome direct sequencing / Nikolai Polushin ... [et al.] -- Nonenzymatic template directed RNA synthesis / Marcus Hey and Michael Göbel -- DNAse I footprinting of small molecule binding sites on DNA / Christian Bailly ... [et al.] --Gene targeting using peptide nucleic acid / Peter E. Nielsen -- Nucleic acid library construction using synthetic DNA constructs / Hani S. Zaher and Peter J. Unrau -- In vitro selection from combinatorial nucleic acid libraries / Andres Jäschke -- In vitro selection procedures for identifying DNA and RNA aptamers targeted to nucleic acids and proteins / Eric Dausse ... [et al.] -- Short double-stranded ribonucleic acid as inhibitor of gene expression by the interference mechanism / Jean-Rémi Bertrand, Andrei Maksimenko, and Claude Malvy.
- The plant, production, olives and olive oil, and their detailed characterization. The plant and production. Olives and olive oil. The detailed characterization of olives and olive products -- Components of olives and olive plant product and uses. Lipids, phenolics, and other organics and volatiles. Metals, electrolytes, and other components. Non fruit aspects including mill wastewater -- Stability, microbes, contaminants, and adverse components and processes. Bacterial and fungal and other microbial aspects. Pesticides and adulterants. Toxicology and contaminants -- Analytical methods. Natural components. Adverse components -- General nutrition. General aspects and changes in food processing -- Cardiovascular. Cardiac aspects. Vascular aspects including hypertension. Lipid aspects -- Oxidative stress -- Cancer and immunology. Cancer. Immunology and inflammation -- Other effects, uses, and diseases. Cells and cellular effects. Skin and cosmeceuticals. Major organ systems including liver and metabolism -- Tyrosol and hydroxytyrosol -- Oleuropein -- Oleic acid -- Other components found in olive plants and products.
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle 2010, CRCnetBASECh. 1. Molecular biology of Omega-3 chains as structural lipids : many central questions remain unanswered -- Ch. 2. Darwinian selection of the fittest membrane lipids : from archaeal isoprenoids to DHA-enriched rhodopsin disks -- Ch. 3. Coevolution of DHA membranes and their proteins -- Ch. 4. Convergent evolution of DHA/EPA biosynthetic pathways -- Ch. 5. Membrane evolution in a marine bacterium : capitalizing on DHA for energy conservation in seawater -- Ch. 6. Evolution of DHA membranes in human neutrons -- Ch. 7. DHA/EPA chains as powerful membrane antifreeze -- Ch. 8. DHA as a mediocre permeability barrier against cations : water wire theory -- Ch. 9. DHA/EPA membranes as targets of oxidative damage -- Ch. 10. Bacteria : environmental modulation of membrane lipids for bioenergetic gain -- Ch. 11. Chloroplasts : harnessing DHA/EPA for harvesting light in the sea -- Ch. 12. Mitochondria : DHA-cardiolipin boosts energy output -- Ch. 13. Sperm : essential roles of DHA lead to development of a mechanical stress hypothesis -- Ch. 14. DHA/EPA mutualism between bacteria and marine animals -- Ch. 15. Membrane adaptations for an oily environment : lessons from a petroleum-degrading bacterium -- Ch. 16. Lessons from yeast : phospholipid conformations are important in winemaking -- Ch. 17. DHA principle applied to global warming -- Ch. 18. DHA principle applied to molecular farming -- Ch. 19. DHA/unsaturation theory of aging -- Ch. 20. DHA principle applied to neurodegenerative diseases -- Ch. 21. Dietary DHA in prevention of colon cancer : how a risk to the cell benefits the organism.
- Omega-3 fatty acids, the brain and retina 2009, KargerOmega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acids : biological effects / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Depression, suicide, and deficiencies of omega-3 essential fatty acids in modern diets / Hibbeln, J.R. -- Serial structural magnetic resonance imaging analysis and proton and 31-phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy to the investigation of cerebral fatty acids in major depressive disorder, Huntington's disease (chorea), and myalgic encephalomyelitis (chronic fatigue syndrome), and in forensic schizophrenic patients / Puri, B.K.; Tsaluchidu, S.; Treasaden, I.H. -- Omega-3 fatty acid docosahexaenoic acid is the precursor of neuroprotectin D1 in the nervous system / Niemoller, T.D.; Stark, D.T.; Bazan, N.G. -- Docosahexaenoic acid and amyloid-[beta] peptide signaling in Alzheimer's disease / Lukiw, W.J. -- Administration of docosahexaenoic acid, uridine, and choline increases levels of synaptic membranes and dendritic spines in rodent brain / Wurtman, R.J. ... [et al.] -- An assessment of dietary docosahexaenoic acid requirements for brain accretion and turnover during early childhood / Hadley, K.B. ... [et al.] -- Variation in lipid-associated genes as they relate to risk of advanced age-related macular degeneration / SanGiovanni, J.P., Mehta, S., Mehta, S.
- Omega-6/3 fatty acids 2013, Springer
- Omega-6/omega-3 essential fatty acid ratio 2003, Karger
- Omics 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Omics perspective on cancer research 2010, Springer
- OMMBID 2001
- Irving Yalom. --- Opening remarks -- Richard Shaw. --- Running from the garden with the hibiscus hedge -- Randall Weingarten. --- A Simple monk --- Word for a chairman leaving office --- Transference --- Memoir in eight lines -- James Lock. --- Stories for doctors -- Audrey Shafer. --- Operating room suite --- A Foot -- Mark Cullen. --- Excerpt from Thurwood summer, Thurwood fall -- Hans Steiner. --- Holding a life in your head -- List of Pegasus publications from 2010 & 2011.
- On bypass 2008, Springer
- On growth, form and computers 2003, ScienceDirect
- On suffering 2011, ebraryThe first book to address issues of suffering as separate from pain that require psychologically and culturally sensitive interventions
- On the psychobiology of personality 2004, ScienceDirect
- On the take 2005Free gifts, free meals, free education, special deals -- Money-warped behavior -- Conflicts of interest : financial and otherwise -- Influenced by gifts? Not I! -- Your doctor's tainted information -- Our obliging professional organizations -- Can you trust your doctor? -- Can we trust our researchers? -- How did it happen? -- What can be done?
- On-line hemodiafiltration 2011, KargerHistorical milestones of a long pathway / Roy, T. -- Polysulfone : the development of a membrane for convective therapies / Heilmann, K., Keller, T. -- The machine and the therapy concept / Greenwood, R.N. -- Backfiltration : past, present and future / Rangel, A.V. ... [et al.] -- Producing on-line ultrapure dialysis fluid / von Albertini, B. -- Membrane requirements for high-flux and convective therapies / Bowry, S.K. -- Regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Pirovano, D. -- Facing regulatory challenges of on-line hemodiafiltration / Kümmerle, W. -- The membrane permeability outcome study / Locatelli, F. ... [et al.] -- The early years of on-line HDF : How did it all start? How did we get here? / Canaud, B. -- Evolution of the concept of biocompatibility and the cardioprotective effect of on-line hemodiafiltration / Ramírez, R., Martín-Malo, A., Aljama, P. -- On-line hemodiafiltration in the large RISCAVID study / Panichi, V., Tetta, C. -- Overcoming the limitations of post-dilution on-line hemodiafiltration : mixed dilution hemodiafiltration / Pedrini, L.A., Wiesen, G. -- Fifteen years of experience with on-line hemodiafiltration / Maduell, F. -- Adopting on-line hemodiafiltration as standard therapy in EMEA nephrocare centers / Stopper, A. ... [et al.] -- Utilization of hemodiafiltration as treatment modality in renal replacement therapy for end-stage renal disease patients : a global perspective / Sichart, J.-M., Moeller, S. -- Seeking an optimal renal replacement therapy for the chronic kidney disease epidemic : the case for on-line hemodiafiltration / Gatti, E., Ronco, C.
- On-line medical dictionary Fulltext
- On-scene guide for crisis negotiators. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Part I. The Science and Technology of Oncofertility -- Reproductive health after cancer -- Designing follicle-environment interactions with biomaterials -- Gamete preservation -- To transplant or not to transplant: that is the question -- Clinical cases in oncofertility -- Cancer genetics: risks and mechanisms of cancer in women with inherited susceptibility to epithelial ovarian cancer -- Protecting and extending fertility for females of wild and endangered mammals -- -- Part II. Historical and Legal Perspectives -- Placing the history of oncofertility -- Medical hope, legal pitfalls: potential legal issues in the emerging field of oncofertility -- Domestic and international surrogacy laws: implications for cancer survivors -- -- Part III. Clinical and Theoretical Ethics -- Adoption after cancer: adoption agency attitudes and perspectives on the potential to parent post-cancer -- Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and bioethical discourse -- Lessons of oncofertility for assisted reproduction -- Morally justifying oncofertility research -- Ethical dilemmas in oncofertility: an exploration of three clinical scenarios -- Participation in investigational fertility preservation research: a feminist research ethics approach -- Reproductive "choice" and egg freezing -- Impact of infertility: why ART should be a higher priority for women in the global south -- Oncofertility and informed consent: addressing beliefs, values, and future decision making -- -- Part IV. Religious Perspectives -- Bioethics and oncofertility: arguments and insights from religious traditions -- Sacred bodies: considering resistance to oncofertility in Muslim communities -- Unlikely motherhood in the Qur'an: oncofertility as devotion -- Technology and wholeness: oncofertility and Catholic tradition -- Jewish perspectives on oncofertility: the complexities of tradition -- --Part V. Ramifications for Education and Economics -- Oncofertility Saturday academy: a paradigm to expand the educational opportunities and ambitions of high school girls -- Myoncofertility.org: a web-based patient education resource supporting decision making under severe emotional and cognitive overload -- Anticipating ovarian tissue cryopreservation in the health-care marketplace: a willingness to pay assessment -- Perspectives on oncofertility from demography and economics -- For the sake of consistency and fairness: why insurance companies should cover fertility preservation treatment for iatrogenic infertility -- -- Part VI. Repercussions of Oncofertility for Patients and Their Families -- Health provider perspectives on fertility preservation for cancer patients -- Counseling and consenting women with cancer on their oncofertility options: a clinical perspective -- Fertility-related treatment choices of cancer patients: cancer-related infertility and family dynamics -- Whose future is it?: ethical family decision making about daughters' treatment in the oncofertility context -- -- Part VII. Healthcare Provider Stories and Final Thoughts -- Choosing life when facing death: understanding fertility preservation decision-making for cancer patients -- Discussing fertility preservation with breast cancer patients -- Warning: Google can be hazardous to your health: fertility preservation is an important part of cancer care -- Role of a patient navigator in fertility preservation -- Judaism and reproductive technology -- Reading between the lines of cancer and fertility: a provider's story -- Rewarding experience for a pediatric urologist -- Final thoughts.
- Oncofertility. Fertility preservation for cancer survivors 2007, SpringerPart I. Introduction --The emergence of a new discipline: oncofertility /Teresa K. Woodruff --Part II. Fertility risk and treatment options --Fertility management for women with cancer /Sanjay K. Agarwal and R. Jeffrey Chang --Fertility preservation in adult male cancer patients /Robert E. Brannigan --Managing fertility in childhood cancer patients /Kimberley J. Dilley --Fertility risk in pediatric and adolescent cancers /Clarisa R. Gracia and Jill P. Ginsberg --Part III. Oncofertility techniques and research --Bioengieneering and the ovarian follicle /Min Xu, Teresa K. Woodruff, and Lonnie D. Shea --The science of cryobiology /Steven F. Muller and John K. Critser --Ovarian tissue cryopreservation and transplantation: banking reproductive potential for the future /David Lee --Progress, history and promise of ovarian cryopreservation and transplantation for pediatric cancer patients /Yasmin Gosiengfiao --Part IV. Health care decision-making --Oncofertility and the social sciences /Karrie Ann Snyder --Shared decision making: fertility and pediatric cancers /Marla L. Clayman, Kathleen M. Galvin, and Paul Arnston --Part V. Ethical and psychosocial impact of cancer-related infertility --Today's research, tomorrows cures: the ethical implications of oncofertility /Leilah E. Backhus and Laurie Zoloth --The psychosocial context of cancer-related infertility /Matthew J. Loscalzo and Karen L. Clark --Childhood cancer: fertility and psychosocial implications /Karen E. Kinahan, Aarati Didwania, and Carrie L. Nieman --Fertility preservation and adolescent cancer patients: lessons from adult survivors of childhood cancer and their parents /Carrie L. Nieman ... [et al.] --Part VI. Training in a new medical discipline and medical guidelines --Oncofertility: a new medical discipline and the emerging scholar /Laxmi A. Kondapalli --Oncofertility Consortium consensus statement: guidelines for ovarian tissue cryopreservation /Leilah E. Backhus ... [et al.] --Part VII. Patient stories and oncofertility --Personal accounts of cancer and infertility /provided by Fertile Hope.
- Oncogene techniques ScienceDirect
- Oncogenes meet metabolism 2008, Springer
- Oncogenomics 2004At the precarious cusp of oncogenomics / Charles Brenner -- Genome-wide searches for mutations in human cancer / Michael R. Stratton, P. Andrew Futreal and Richard Wooster -- Molecular cytogenetics : increasing resolution using array-based CGH / Anne Kallioniemi -- SNPs and functional polymorphisms in cancer / Penelope E. Bonnen and David L. Nelson -- expression profiling of breast cancer : from molecular portraits to clinical utility / Therese Br̜lie, Anne-Lise Br̜resen-Dale, Per E. Ln̜ning, Patrick O. Brown and David Botstein -- Classifying hereditary cancers and phenocopies of hereditary cancers using expression arrays / Mary B. Daly, Alicia Parlanti and David Duggan -- Linking drugs and genes : pharmacogenomics, pharmacoproteomics, bioinformatics, and the NCI-60 / John N. Weinstein -- Tissue microanalysis : profiling cancer stages / Michael A. Tangrea and Michael R. Emmert-Buck -- Proteomics in bladder cancer / Julio E. Celis, Irina Gromova, Fritz Rank and Pavel Gromov -- Chemical and genetic methods to validate targets in non-mammalian organisms / Tia M. Maiolatesi and Charles Brenner -- Mouse models of cancer / Debrah M. Thompson, Louise Van Der Weyden, Patrick J. Biggs, Yeun-Jun Chung and Allan Bradley -- Genome-wide modifier screens : how the genetics of cancer penetrance may shape the future of prevention and treatment / Linda D. Siracusa, Karen A. Silverman, Revati Koratkar, Marina Markova and Arthur M. Buchberg -- Protein kinases as targets in cancer therapy: validated and emerging approaches / Paul Nghiem, Yong-son Kim and Stuart L. Schreiber -- Ras Superfamily-Directed Compounds / George C. Prendergast -- Clinomics : Post-Genomic Cancer Care / Daniel D. Von Hoff, Haiyong Han, David Bearss -- Oncogenomics Tomorrow : Prevention, Early Detection and Treatment
- Oncogenomics handbook 2005, Springer
- Oncologic and cardiologic PET/CT-diagnosis 2008, Springer
- Oncologic imaging 2012, ScienceDirect
- Oncology 2006, SpringerSect. 1. Principles of oncology. Evidence-based approach to oncology -- Principles of chemotherapy -- Principles of radiation oncology -- Principles of surgical therapy in oncology -- Principles of targeted and biological therapies -- Biologic principles of hematopoietic stem cell transplantation -- Evaluation of tumor markers: an evidence-based guide for determination of clinical utility -- Design and analysis of oncology clinical trials -- Ethics of clinical oncology research -- Informatics infrastructure for evidence-based cancer medicine -- Economics of cancer care -- Principles of screening for cancer -- Patient decision making -- Establishing an interdisciplinary oncology team -- Principles of complementary and alternative medicine for cancer -- Sect. 2. Translational basic science. Fundamental aspects of the cell cycle and signal transduction -- Viral carcinogenesis -- Environmental carcinogenesis -- Cancer metastasis -- Tumor immunology and immunotherapy -- Technologies in molecular biology: diagnostic applications -- Sect. 3. Cancer prevention and control. Cancer epidemiology -- Evidence-based cancer prevention research: a multidisciplinary perspective on cancer prevention trials -- Screening --Genetic screening and counseling for high-risk populations -- Behavior modification -- Sect. 4. Cancer imaging. Central nervous system imaging -- Breast imaging -- Imaging of throacic malignancies -- Imaging of gastrointestinal stromal tumor -- Genitourinary imaging -- Musculoskeletal imaging -- Positron emission tomography and cancer -- Sect. 5. Solid tumors. Central nervous system tumors -- Eye, orbit, and adnexal structures -- Head and neck cancer -- Lung cancer -- Therapy for malignant pleural mesothelioma -- Mediastinum -- Esophageal cancer -- Stomach -- Colon, rectal, and anal cancer management -- Adenocarcinoma and other small intestinal malignancies -- Cancer of the lung and bile ducts -- An evidence-based approach to the management of pancreatic cancer -- Renal cell cancer -- Ureter, bladder, penis, and urethra -- Prostate cancer -- Testis cancer -- Cervix, vulva, and vagina -- Gastational trophoblastic neoplasms -- Ovarian cancer -- Uterine malignancies -- Evidence-based management of breast cancer -- Thyroid and Parathyroid -- Tumors of the endocrine system -- Sarcomas of bone -- Soft tissue sarcoma --Cutaneous melanoma -- Nonmelanoma cutaneous malignancies -- Cancer of unknown primary site -- Solid tumors of childhood -- Sect. 6. Hematologic malignancies. Acute myeloid leukemia and the myelodysplastic syndromes -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Chronic lymphocytic leukemia and related chronic leukemias -- Chronic myeloid leukemia -- An evidence-based approach to the management of Hodgkin's lymphoma -- The non-Hodgkin's lymphomas -- Multiple myeloma -- Sect. 7. Practice of oncology. Superior vena cava syndrome -- Central nervous system emergencies -- Metabolic emergencies in oncology -- Surgical emergencies -- Oral complications of cancer therapy -- Alopecia and cutaneous complications of chemotherapy -- Infectious complications of cancer therapy -- Acute toxicities of therapy: pulmonary complications -- Cardiac complications -- Neurologic complications of therapy -- Acute toxicities of therapy: urologic complications -- Issues in vascular access with special emphasis on the cancer patient -- Management of cancer pain -- Nausea and vomiting in the cancer patient -- Nutritional support for the cancer patient --Paraneoplastic syndromes -- Malignant effusions -- Evidence-based use of hematopoietic growth factors for optimal supportive care of patients with cancer -- Management of the bone marrow transplant patient -- Management of anxiety and depression in adult cancer patients: toward an evidence-based approach -- Reproductive complications and sexual dysfunction in the cancer patient -- Metastatic cancer to the central nervous system -- Metastatic cancer in lung -- Surgical and regional therapy for liver metastases -- Metastatic cancer to bone -- Cancer in the immunosuppressed patient -- Cancer in the older population -- Chemotherapy in patients with organ dysfunction -- Management of the pregnant cancer patient -- Sect. 8. Cancer survivorship. Survivorship research: past, present, and future -- Late effects of cancer treatments -- Medical and psychosocial issues in childhood cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in Hodgkin's disease survivors --Medical and psychosocial issues in testicular cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in testicular cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in gynecologic cancer survivors -- Medical, psychosocial, and health-related quality of life issues in breast cancer survivors -- Medical and psychosocial issues in prostate cancer survivors -- Physical and psychosocial issues in lung cancer survivors -- Cancer survivorship issues in colorectal cancer -- Medical and psychosocial issues in transplant survivors -- Second malignancies after radiation treatment and chemotherapy for primary cancers -- Psychosocial rehabilitation in cancer care -- Cancer advocacy.
- Oncology and basic science 2008, OvidSection I: Evaluation and management of musculoskeletal oncology problems -- Evaluation of bone tumors / Timothy A. Damron -- Evaluation of soft tissue tumors / Carol D. Morris -- Biopsy of musculoskeletal tumors / Edward A. Athanasian -- Treatment principles -- Surgical margins / Robert Quinn -- Benign tumors of bone / Cynthia M. Kelly -- Malignant bone lesions / Francis R. Patterson, Timoth A. Damron, and Carol D. Morris -- Soft tissue tumors / John Heiner and Jeremy White -- Pathologic fractures / Timothy A. Damron --Section II: Specific bone neoplasms and simulators -- Benign bone tumors -- Bone lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cartilage lesions / Felasfa M. Wodajo -- Cystic lesions / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and neural tumors / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Fibrous lesions of bone / Sung Wook Seo, Young Lae Moon, and Francis Young-In Lee -- Giant cell tumor of bone / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Vascular lesions / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Other tumors of undefined neoplastic nature / Sean V. McGarry and C. Parker Gibbs -- Bone sarcomas -- Osteosarcoma / Francis R. Patterson -- Ewing sarcoma and primitive neuroectodermal tumor of bone / Bruce Rougraff -- Chondrosarcoma / R. Lor Randall and Kenneth J. Hunt -- Fibrous, fibrohistiocytic, and giant cell tumor malignancies / Hannah D. Morgan -- Notochordal tumors / Hannah D. Morgan -- Vascular sarcomas of bone / Hannah D. Morgan -- Myogenic, lipogenic, and epithelial bone sarcomas / Hannah D. Morgan -- Congenital and inherited bone conditions -- Familial adenomatous polyposis / Kathryn Palomino -- Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome / Danielle A. Katz -- Skeletal dysplasias / Danielle A. Katz -- Retinoblastoma syndrome / Timothy A. Damron -- Rothmund-Thomson syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Werner syndrome / Kathryn Palomino -- Metastatic disease / Timothy A. Damron -- Hematologic malignancies / Valerae O. Lewis -- Metabolic bone diseases / Susan V. Bukata --Section III: Specific soft tissue neoplasms and simulators -- Benign soft tissue tumors / Timothy A. Damron and Gustavo de la Roza -- Soft tissue sarcomas / Carol D. Morris --Section IV: Basic science -- Cellular and molecular biology / Matthew J. Allen -- Growth and development of the musculoskeletal system / Donald E. Sweet and Thomas V. Smallman -- Genetic basis of musculoskeletal disorders / Sathappan S. Sathappan, Kirill Ilalov, and Paul E. Di Cesare -- Biomechanics / Frederick W. Werner and Joseph A. Spadaro -- Biomaterials / Joseph A. Spadaro, Michael T. Clarke, and Julie M. Hasenwinkel -- Principles of orthopaedic pharmacology / Carol D. Morris -- Bone form, function, injury, regeneration, and repair / Alexia Hernandez-Soria and Mathias Bostrom -- Articular cartilage structure, composition, and repair / Peter J. Roughley and Thomas V. Smallman -- Diarthrodial joints / Thomas V. Smallman, Kris Shekitka, and Donald Flemming -- Meniscal structure, function, repair, and replacement / Mark C. Drakos and Answorth A. Allen -- Intervertebral disk structure, composition, and mechanical function / Samuel A. Joseph, Jr., and Patrick Boland -- Tendon and ligament anatomy, biology, and biomechanics / Brian J. Harley and Joseph W. Bergman -- Peripheral nerve physiology, anatomy, and pathology / Shikha Sethi ... [et al.] -- Skeletal muscle anatomy, physiology, and mechanics / Bryan T. Kelly and William J. Robertson -- Infectious disorders of bone and joint / Thomas V. Smallman ... [et al.] -- Bacterial infection -- Granulomatous infection -- Infection associated with neuropathy -- Viral disorders -- Neoplasia / Matthew J. Allen.
- Oncology of CNS tumors. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive breast surgery 2013, Springer
- Oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery for breast cancer 2009, Springer
- Oncoplastic breast surgery 2010, Springer1. General Surgery -- Surgical Anatomy / Elisabeth Würinger -- Breast Cancer Surgery: Standard Principles / Florian Fitzal -- Oncoplastic Breast Surgery / Peter Schrenk -- 2. Oncoplastic Surgery (OPS) -- OPS and Breast Conserving Surgery (BSC) / Peter Schrenk, Elizabeth J. Hall-Findlay, Florian Fitzal, Andrea Grisotti and Donato Casella, et al. -- OPS and Mastectomy / Grant W. Carlson, Francesca De Lorenzi, Mario Rietjens, Andrea Manconi and Daniela Hoch, et al. -- Special Considerations / Florian Fitzal, Rupert Koller, Stefan Gärner, Elisabeth Grafinger-Witt and Mario Rietjens, et al.
- Oncothermia 2011, Springer
- One day update in heart failure 2006, HighWire
- OneLook dictionaries Database
- ONLINE! citation styles Fulltext
- Only EKG book you'll ever need. 5th ed. 2007, OvidThe basics -- Hypertrophy and enlargement of the heart -- Arrhythmias -- Conduction blocks -- Preexcitation syndromes -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction -- Finishing touches -- Putting it all together -- How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
- Only EKG book you'll ever need. 7th ed. 2012, OvidThe basics -- Hypertrophy and enlargement of the heart -- Arrhythmias -- Conduction blocks -- Preexcitation syndromes -- Myocardial ischemia and infarction -- Finishing touches -- Putting it all together -- How do you get to Carnegie Hall?
- Ontologies, a handbook of principles, concepts and applications in information systems. 1st ed. 2006, MyiLibrary
- Oocyte biology in fertility preservation 2013, SpringerFertility preservation has become one of the most important and fast growing fields of reproductive medicine. Although there are several strategies for fertility preservation in female, most of them are still considered experimental. It is important to perfect the existing technologies, but also developing new strategies should be actively sought. The future development of fertility preservation strategies should be based on the sound scientific knowledge and principles. One of the main objectives of fertility preservation in females is prevention of oocyte depletion. The mechanisms of oocyte loss and survival in the ovary are complex, which include genetic control both in germ cells and in somatic cells, DNA damage and repair mechanism, apoptosis and autophagy, and other poorly understood molecular mechanisms.To develop clinically effective and safe strategies for fertility preservation, it is essential to know and understand the fundamentals of oocyte and ovarian biology at the molecular level. Thus, the purpose of this edition is to review the current progress in research related to molecular and genetic control of oocyte development that can be applied to fertility preservation. The main topics that are discussed in this publication include molecular signaling mechanisms of oocyte activation and loss, genomic integrity of oocytes, and epigenetics.
- Oogenesis 2013, SpringerThe oocyte is the largest and most mysterious cell in the body of mammalian organisms. Through its growth and maturation, it reaches extreme levels of specialization, while maintaining at the same time a condition of totipotency. Its unique ability, in co-operation with the spermatozoon, to give rise to a fully developed organism formed from hundreds of different tissues and myriads of individual cells has inspired intellectuals of all ages.Oogenesis finds impetus and purpose in casting scientific perspective towards this unique cell for the benefit of scientists and assisted reproductive technology (ART) specialists. The authors of the chapters are distinguished authorities in their respective areas of competence. From the opening of the book the reader is lead on a fantastic voyage from the formation of the primordial oocyte to the development of the early embryo, passing through crucial processes of oogenesis, such as co-ordination of oocyte and follicle growth, gene expression and organelle reorganization during growth and maturation, epigenetic mechanisms, regulation of meiosis, totipotency, cell polarity, oogenesis in vitro and maternal regulation of early development.
- Open access bibliography : 2005, Assoc Res Libr
- Open, laparoscopic and robotic hepatic transection 2012, Springer
- Operated heart at autopsy 2009, Springer
- Operations research and health care 2004, Springer
- Operative anatomy of the heart 2011, Springer
- Operative atlas of laparoscopic reconstructive urology 2009, Springer
- Operative dentistry 2006, Springer
- Operative hip arthroscopy. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Operative hip arthroscopy. 3rd ed. 2013, Springer
- Operative neuromodulation v. 1-2, 2007., Springerv. 2, 2007 Springerv. 1. Functional neuroprosthetic surgery -- v. 2. Neural networks surgery.
- Operative otolaryngology. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2008.
- Operative surgery manual 2003, MD Consult
- Traditional postoperative management and fast-track care pathways -- Development of laparoscopic colorectal surgery -- Instrumentation and setup -- Key operative steps -- Operative procedures. Segmental colectomy ; Rectal surgery ; Total colectomy ; Stoma formation -- Dealing with complications and other technical tricks -- Other useful techniques.
- Operative urology at the Cleveland Clinic 2006, SpringerSurgical incisions / J. Stephen Jones -- Adrenal disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic adrenalectomy / Mihir M. Desai and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal malignancy / Andrew C. Novick -- Laparoscopic surgery for renal cell carcinoma / Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal calculus disease / Stevan B. Streem and J. Stephen Jones -- Renal vascular disease / Andrew C. Novick -- Surgical technique of cadaver donor nephrectomy / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Open donor nephrectomy / David A. Goldfarb -- Living laparoscopic donor nephrectomy / Alireza Moinzadeh and Inderbir S. Gill -- Renal transplantation / David A. Goldfarb, Stuart M. Flechner, and Charles S. Modlin -- Renal trauma / J. Stephen Jones -- Nerve-sparing retroperitoneal lymphadenectomy / Eric A. Klein -- Ureterolysis / Lawrence M. Wyner -- Pancreas transplantation / Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Ureteropelvic junction obstruction / Stevan B. Streem and Jonathan H. Ross -- Laparoscopic pyeloplasty / Anup P. Ramani and Inderbir S. Gill -- Urothelial tumors of the renal pelvis and ureter / Stevan B. Streem -- Management of the en bloc distal ureter and bladder cuff during retroperitoneoscopic radical nephroureterectomy / Osamu Ukimura and Inderbir S. Gill -- Ureteral disorders in children / Jonathan H. Ross and Robert Kay -- Iatrogenic and traumatic ureteral injury / Bashir R. Sankari -- Ureteral calculi / Stevan B. Streem -- Office procedures / J. Stephen Jones -- Radical cystectomy and orthotopic diversion in men and women / Eric A. Klein -- Laparoscopic radical cystectomy with intracorporeal urinary diversion / Jihad H. Kaouk and Inderbir S. Gill.
- 1. Basic sciences: Anatomy of the eye -- Physiology of the eye -- Optics -- Pharmacology -- Microbiology -- 2. Clinical practice: Office efficiency and public relations -- History taking -- Preliminary examination -- Understanding ophthalmic equipment -- Refractive errors and how to correct them -- History of spectacles -- Facts about glasses -- Rigid contact lenses: basics -- Soft contact lenses -- Advanced techniques in soft and rigid contact lens fitting -- Visual fields -- Automated visual field testing -- Ocular injuries -- The urgent case -- Common eye disorders -- Common retinal disorders -- Glaucoma -- Examination of the newborn, infant and small child -- Maintenance of ophthalmic equipment and instruments -- Diagnostic ultrasound -- 3. Surgical techniques: Aseptic technique and minor office surgery -- The operative patient -- Highlights of ocular surgery -- Assisting the surgeon -- Lasers in ophthalmology -- Ambulatory surgery -- Computerized corneal topography -- Refractive surgery -- Wavefront aberrations and custom ablation -- 4. Special procedures: Ocular motility and binocular vision --Ophthalmic photography -- Visual aids for the partially sighted -- 5. Community ocular programs: Blind persons in the modern world -- Art and the eye -- Reading problems in children -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation -- 6. Expanded roles in eye care delivery: Computers in opthalmic practice -- 7. Role of assistants in eye care: Allied health personnel in ophthalmology -- Ophthalmology ethics -- Ophthalmic allied health personnel: scope of practice -- Testing of ophthalmic skills -- The development of ophthalmic assistants in North America -- Assisting in the international community and in the prevention of blindness.
- Ophthalmic drug delivery systems. 2nd ed. rev. and expanded 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Ophthalmic microsurgical suturing techniques 2007, Springer
- Ophthalmic pathology 2013, Springer
- Foreword /Neil R. Miller --Preface --Acknowledgments --1.Basic screening techniques and indications for ultrasound --2.Anterior segment evaluation --3.The vitreous --4.The retina --5.The choroid --6.Trauma --7.Intraocular tumors --8.The optic nerve --9.Extraocular muscles --10.Evaluation of the orbit --11.Additional ocular conditions and biometry.
- Ophthalmologic drug guide. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerAntibacterial agents -- Antifungal agents -- Antiviral agents -- Anti-parasitic agents -- Anti-glaucoma agents -- Neuro-ophthalmology -- Anti-inflammatory agents -- Mydriatics, cycloplegics, and reversal agents -- Lubricants and viscoelastics -- Miscellaneous -- Anti-angiogenesis agents -- Contact lens solutions.
- 1.Clinical anatomy of the eye /Kenneth B. Gum --2.Anatomy of the eye and orbit /Edward H. Bedrossian, Jr. --3.Optics and refraction /Janice A. Gault --4.Color vision /Mitchell S. Fineman --5.Ophthalmic and orbital testing /Caroline R. Baumal, Patric De Potter --6.Visual fields /Janice A. Gault --7.The red eye /Janice A. Gault --8.Corneal infections /Sherman W. Reeves, Elisabeth J. Cohen, Terry Kim --9.Ophthalmia neonatorum /Janine G. Tabas --10.Topical antibiotics and steroids /Stephen Y. Lee --11.Dry eyes/Janice A. Gault --12.Corneal dystrophies /Sadeer B. Hannush, Lorena Riveroll --13.Keratoconus /Irving Raber --14.Refractive surgery /Brandon D. Ayres, Christopher J. Rapuano --15.Glaucoma /Mary Jude Cox, George L. Spaeth --16.Angle-closure glaucoma /Anup Khatana, George L. Spaeth --17.Secondary open-angle glaucoma /Janice A. Gault --18.Medical treatment of glaucoma /Jeffrey D. Henderer, Richard P. Wilson --19.Trabeculectomy surgery /Marlene R. Moster, Augusto Azuara-Blanco --20.Traumatic glaucoma and hyphema /Douglas J. Rhee --21.Cataracts /Richard Tipperman --22.Techniques of cataract surgery /Sydney Tyson --23.Complications of cataract surgery /John D. Dugan, Robert S. Bailey --24.Amblyopia /Steven E. Brooks --25.Esodeviations /Scott E. Olitsky, Leonard B. Nelson --26.Miscellaneous ocular deviations /Janice A. Gault --27.Strabismus surgery /Bruce M. Schnall --28.Nystagmus /Robert D. Reinecke --29.The pupil /Barry Schanzer, Peter J. Savino --30.Diplopia /Julian D. Perry --31.Optic neuritis /Barry Schanzer, Peter J. Savino --32.Miscellaneous optic neuropathies and neurologic disturbances /Janice A. Gault --33.Tearing and the lacrimal system /Nancy G. Swartz, Marc S. Cohen --34.Proptosis /David G. Buerger --35.Thyroid-related ophthalmopathy /Robert B. Penne --36.Orbital inflammatory diseases /Roberta E. Gausas, Madhura Tamhankar --37.Ptosis /Carolyn S. Repke --38.Eyelid tumors /Janice A. Gault --39.Uveitis /Tamara R. Vrabec, Caroline R. Baumal, Vincent F. Baldassano, Vinay N. Desai, Jay S. Duker --40.Toxic retinopathies /Sobha Sivaprasad, Philip G. Hykin --41.Coats disease /William Tasman --42.Fundus trauma /Jeffrey P. Blice --43.Age-related macular degeneration /Joseph I. Maguire --44.Retinopathy of prematurity /J. Arch McNamara --45.Diabetic retinopathy /James F. Vander --46.Retinal arterial obstruction /Jay S. Duker --47.Retinal venous occlusive diseases /Vernon K.W. Wong --48.Retinal detachment /Michael J. Borne, James F. Vander --49.Retinoblastoma /Carol L. Shields --50.Pigmented lesions of the ocular fundus /Jerry A. Shields --51.Ocular tumors /Ralph C. Eagle --52.Orbital tumors /Jurij R. Bilyk.
- Ophthalmology. 3rd ed. 2009, MD Consult
- Ophtho notes 2003, Thieme BookCh. 1General topics in ophthalmology --Ch. 2Orbit, eyelids, and ocular adnexa --Ch. 3Cornea and conjunctiva --Ch. 4Glaucoma --Ch. 5Uveal tract and ocular inflammation --Ch. 6Lens --Ch. 7Retina and vitreous --Ch. 8Neurologic --Ch. 9Pediatrics and strabismus --Ch. 10Medications.
- Opiate receptors and antagonists 2009, Springer
- Opiate receptors. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Opioid research 2003, Springer Protocols
- Opioid receptors and opioid pharmacodynamics / Mellar P. Davis & Gavril W. Pasternak -- Opioid pharmacokinetics / Kenneth C. Jackson II -- Codeine / Janet R. Hardy -- Hydrocodone / Mellar P. Davis -- Tramadol / Mellar P. Davis -- Dextroproxyphene / Paul Glare -- Morphine / Paul Glare -- Hydromorphone / Paul Glare -- Oxycodone / Mellar P. Davis -- The lipophilic opioids : fentanyl, alfentanil, sufentanil and remifentanil / Tony Hall & Janet R. Hardy -- Methadone / Mellar P. Davis -- Levodrophanol / Mellar P. Davis -- Diamorphine / Janet Hardy -- Oxymorphone / Paul Glare -- Choice of opioids and WHO ladder / Paul Glare -- Opioid rotation / Janet R. Hardy -- Opioids equianalgesia : dynamics and kinetics / Mellar P. Davis -- Opioid dosing strategies / Paul Glare & Mellar P. Davis -- Patient controlled analgesia / Mellar P. Davis -- Spinal opioids in cancer pain / Mellar P. Davis -- Opioid-resistant pain / Mellar P. Davis.
- OPLL. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Opththalmologic drug guide 2007, Springer1Antibacterial agents --2Antifungal agents --3Antiviral agents --4Antiparasitic agents --5Antiglaucoma agents --6Neuro-ophthalmology --7Anti-inflammatory agents --8Mydriates, cycloplegics, and reversal agents --9Lubricants and viscoelastics --10Miscellaneous conditions --11Anti-angiogenesis agents --12Contact lens.
- Optical fluorescence microscopy 2011, SpringerFundamentals of optical microscopy / Franco Quercioli -- The white confocal: continuous spectral tuning in excitation and emission / Rolf Borlinghaus -- Second/third harmonic generation microscopy / Shakil Rehman ... [et al.] -- Role of scattering and nonlinear effects in the illumination and the photobleaching distribution profiles / Zeno Lavagnino, Francesca Cella Zanacchi and Alberto Diaspro -- New analytical tools for evaluation of spherical aberration in optical microscopy / Isabel Escobar ... [et al.] -- Improving image formation by pushing the signal-to-noise ratio / Emiliano Ronzitti ... [et al.] -- Site-specific labeling of proteins in living cells using synthetic fluorescent dyes / Gertrude Bunt -- Imaging molecular physiology in cells using FRET-based fluorescent nanosensors / Fred S. Wouters -- Measuring molecular dynamics by FRAP, FCS, and SPT / Kevin Braeckmans ... [et al.] -- In vitro-in vivo fluctuation spectroscopies / M. Collini ... [et al.] -- Interference x-ray diffraction from single muscle cells reveals the molecular basis of muscle braking / L. Fusi ... [et al.] -- Low concentration protein detection using novel SERS devices / Gobind Das ... [et al.] -- Near infrared three-dimensional nonlinear optical monitoring of stem cell differentiation / Uday K. Tirlapur and Clarence Yapp -- A correlative microscopy: a combination of light and electron microscopy / Umberto Fascio and Anna Sartori-Rupp.
- Optical imaging of cancer 2009, Springer
- Optical imaging techniques in cell biology 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Optical polarization in biomedical applications 2006, Springer
- Optimal control of nonlinear processes 2008, Springer
- Optimal experimental design with R 2011, CRCnetBASE"Experimental design is often overlooked in the literature of applied and mathematical statistics: statistics is taught and understood as merely a collection of methods for analyzing data. Consequently, experimenters seldom think about optimal design, including prerequisites such as the necessary sample size needed for a precise answer for an experimental question. Providing a concise introduction to experimental design theory, Optimal Experimental Design with R: Introduces the philosophy of experimental design Provides an easy process for constructing experimental designs and calculating necessary sample size using R programs Teaches by example using a custom made R program package: OPDOE. Consisting of detailed, data-rich examples, this book introduces experimenters to the philosophy of experimentation, experimental design, and data collection. It gives researchers and statisticians guidance in the construction of optimum experimental designs using R programs, including sample size calculations, hypothesis testing, and confidence estimation. A final chapter of in-depth theoretical details is included for interested mathematical statisticians"--Back cover.
- Optimization algorithms in physics 2002, Wileych. 1. Introduction to Optimization, p. 1-7 -- ch. 2. Complexity Theory, p. 9-35 -- ch. 3. Graphs, p. 37-52 -- ch. 4. Simple Graph Algorithms, p. 53-72 -- ch. 5. Introduction to Statistical Physics, p. 73-90 -- ch. 6. Maximum-Flow Methods, p. 91-127 -- ch. 7. Minimum-Cost Flows, p. 129-157 -- ch. 8. Genetic Algorithms, p. 159-184 -- ch. 9. Approximation Methods for Spin Glasses, p. 185-226 -- ch. 10. Matchings, p. 227-254 -- ch. 11. Monte Carlo Methods, p. 255-272 -- ch. 12. Branch-and-Bound Methods, p. 273-292 -- ch. 13. Practical Issues, p. 293-357.
- Optimization in drug discovery 2004, Springer ProtocolspKa, solubility and lipophilicity: assessing physicochemical properties of lead compounds / Yushen Guo and Hong Shen -- Use of caco-2 cell monolayers to study drug absorption and metabolism / Ming Hu ... [et al.] -- Absorption screening using the PAMPA approach / Jeffrey A. Ruell and Alex Avdeef -- In situ single-pass perfused rat intestinal model for absorption and metabolism / Eun Ju Jeong ... [et al.] -- In vitro permeation study with bovine brain microvessel endothelial cells / Sung-Hack Lee ... [et al.] -- An enzymatic microplate assay for testing P-glycoprotein substrates and inhibitors / S. Orlowski, J. Nugier and Eric Ezan -- Evaluation of drug-transporter interactions using in vitro cell models / Yaming Su and Patrick J. Sinko -- Plasma protein-binding methods in drug discovery / Lucinda H. Cohen --Isothermal titration calorimetry characterization of drug-binding energetics to blood proteins / Gary W. Caldwell and Zhengyin Yan -- Metabolic stability assessed by liver microsomes and hepatocytes / David C. Ackley, Kevin T. Rockich, and Timothy R. Baker -- In vitro drug metabolite profiling using hepatic S9 and human liver microsomes / Wu-Nan Wu and Linda A. McKown --In vitro identification of UDP-glucuronosyltransferases involved in drug metabolism / Michael H. Court -- In vitro CYP induction in human hepatocytes / Daniel R. Mudra and Andrew Parkinson -- High-throughput screening of human cytochrome P450 inhibitors using fluorometric substrates: methodology for 25 enzyme/substrate pairs / David M. Stresser -- Evaluation of cytochrome P450 inhibition in human liver microsomes / Zhengyin Yan and Gary W. Caldwell -- Identification of CYP mechanism-based inhibitors / Amin A. Nomeir, Jairam Palamanda, and Leonard Favreau --Detection of DNA adducts by 32P-postlabeling analysis / Naomi Suzuki, Padmaja M. Prabhu, and Shinya Shibutani -- Covalent DNA adduct formation mediated by cytochrome P450 / Marie Stiborová -- Application of in vitro comet assay for genotoxicity testing / Bojana Zegura and Metka Filipic -- Assessing DNA damage using a reporter gene system / Xuming Jia and Wei Xiao -- Improvement of the Ames test using human liver S9 preparation / Atsushi Hakura, Satoshi Suzuki, and Tetsuo Satoh -- Screening for chemical mutagens using the mouse lymphoma assay / Tao Chen and Martha M. Moore -- A high throughput binding assay for HERG / Keith Finlayson and John Sharkey -- In vitro drug metabolism: thiol conjugation / Wei Tang and Randy R. Miller -- In vitro screening assay of the reactivity of acyl glucuronides / Sébastien Bolze.
- Optimization in medicine 2008, Springer
- Optimization in medicine and biology 2008, CRCnetBASEClassification and disease prediction via mathematical programming /Eva K. Lee and Tsung-Lin Wu --Using influence diagrams in cost-effectiveness analysis for medical decisions /Ram S. Duriseti --Non-Bayesian classification to obtain high quality clinical decisions /Ram S. Duriseti --Optimizing pediatric vaccine formularies /Shane N. Hall, Sheldon H. Jacobson, and Edward C. Sewell --Optimal spending on HIV prevention and treatment : a framework for evaluating cost-effectiveness with example application to the India AIDS initiative /Margaret L. Brandeau ... [et al.] --Optimization over graphs for kidney paired donation /Sommer E. Gentry --Introduction to radiation therapy planning optimization /Gino J. Lim --Beam orientation optimization methods in intensity modulated radiation therapy treatment planning /Dionne M. Aleman, H. Edwin Romeijn, and James F. Dempsey --Multileaf collimator shape matrix decomposition /Thomas Kalinowski --Optimal planning for radiation therapy /Mark Langer, Ronald Rardin, and Ali Tuncel --Introduction to systems biology for mathematical programmers /Eivind Almaas, Allen Holder, and Kevin Livingstone --Algorithms for genomics analysis /Eva K. Lee and Kapil Gupta --Computational methods for probe design and selection /Claudio N. Meneses, Panos M. Pardalos, and Michelle A. Ragle --Implementation of logical analysis of data for oligo probe selection /In-Yong Jang, Kwangsoo Kim, and Hong Seo Ryoo --New dihedral angle measure for protein secondary prediction /Moon K. Kim, Yunho Jang, and J. MacGregor Smith --Optimization of tumor virotherapy with recombinant measles viruses /Zeljko Bajzer ... [et al.] --Combating microbial resistance to antimicrobial agents through dosing regimen optimization /Michael Nikolaou and Vincent H. Tam.
- Optimizing bone mass and strength 2007, KargerOsteoporosis : a paediatric concern? / R.A. Faulkner, D.A. Bailey -- The biomechanical basis of bone strength development during growth / S.A. Kontulainen ... [et al.] -- The effect of exercise on bone mass and structural geometry during growth / R.M. Daly -- Evidence for an interaction between exercise and nutrition for improved bone health during growth B. Specker, M. Vukovich -- Gene-environmental interactions in the skeletal response to nutrition and exercise during growth / J.-P. Bonjour ... [et al.] -- The effect of energy balance on endocrine function and bone health in youth / C. Zanker, K. Hind -- Risk factors for fractures in normally active children and adolescents / A. Goulding -- Does exercise during growth prevent fractures in later life? / M.K. Karlsson -- Lessons learned from school-based skeletal loading intervention trials : putting research into practice / J.M. Hughes, S.A. Golner, M.A. Petit.
- Optimizing health 2006, SpringerForeword -- Preface -- Contributors -- Authors biographies -- FRAMEWORK OF CLINECS. "CLINECS": strategy and tactics to provide evidence of the usefulness of health care services from the patient's perspective (value for patients) -- Systems view of health care -- ETHICS AND PHILOSOPHY. ETHICS. Seeking justice in health care -- Evidence-based medicine and ethics: desired and undesired effects of screening -- PHILOSOPHY. Paradoxes of medical progress: abandoned patients, physicians, and nurses -- Theory behind the bridge principles -- PSYCHOLOGY. PSYCHOMETRICS. How to measure quality of life -- New instrument to describe indicators of well-being in old old patients with severe dementia: Vienna list -- CULTURE AND PSYCHOLOGY. Patient empowerment: increased compliance or total transformation? -- Shared decision making in medicine -- CLINICAL PRACTICE. PROBLEMS OFTEN OVERLOOKED. Overdiagnosis and pseudodisease: too much of a "good thing"? -- Palliative medicine today: evidence and culture -- Medical geography- who gets the goods? More may not be better -- Cancer survival in Europe and the United States -- QUALITY AND SAFETY. Patient safety: what does it mean in the United States? -- Increasing safety by implementing optimized team interaction: experience from the aviation industry -- Evidence-based information technology: concept for rational information processing in the health care system -- ECONOMICALLY ORIENTED ANALYSES. Cost-effectiveness analysis: measuring the value of health care services -- Cost-effectiveness of lung volume reduction surgery -- Health economic evaluation of adjuvant breast cancer treatment -- Aims and value of screening: is perceived safety a value for which to pay? -- CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY. APPLICATIONS. Evidence-based health care seen from four points of view -- Efficacy, effectiveness, and efficiency of diagnostic technology -- Reduced mammographic screening may explain declines in breast carcinoma among older women -- "Fading of reported effectiveness" bias: longitudinal meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials -- Clinical research and outcomes research: common criteria and differences -- Are the results of randomized trials influenced by preference effects? Part I. Findings from a systematic review -- Are the results of randomized trials influenced by preference effects? Part II. Why current studies often fail to answer this question -- CONCLUSION AND OUTLOOK. Suggested changes in practice, research, and systems: clinical economics point of view -- Index.
- Optimizing women's health through nutrition 2008, CRCnetBASENeed to optimize the health of women / Lilian U. Thompson and Wendy E. Ward -- Sex-specific biology of the gastrointestinal tract / Marianne J. Legato -- Adolescence / Nicole Larson ... [et al.] -- Premenopause / Paula Skidmore and Aedin Cassidy -- Pregnancy and lactation / Lisa A. Houghton and Deborah L. O'Connor -- Menopause and midlife / Stacie E. Geller, Marci Goldstein Adams, and Laura Studee -- Obesity and weight management / Peter Clifton -- The metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes mellitus / Janet A. Vogt and Thomas M.S. Wolever -- Cardiovascular disease / Alice H. Lichtenstein and Nirupa R. Matthan -- Breast and ovarian cancer / Bette J. Caan and Cynthia A. Thomson -- Osteoporosis and osteoarthritis / Wendy E. Ward -- Rheumatoid arthritis / Lisa K. Stamp and Leslie G. Cleland -- Irritable bowel syndrome / Gerald E. Mullin and Linda A. Lee -- Eye health / Jennifer Evans -- Alzheimer's disease and other forms of dementia / Pasqualina Perrig-Chiello, Sara Hutchison, and Hannes B. Staehelin -- Depression and psychiatric disorders / Christina P.C. Borba and David C. Henderson -- Eating disorders / Richard E. Kreipe and Sophie Bucher Della Torre -- Oral health / Peter C. Fritz and Wendy E. Ward -- Conclusion: what we know, and where do we go from here / Lilian U. Thompson and Wendy E. Ward.
- Optogenetics. Tools for controlling and monitoring neuronal activity. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectOptogenetics is a fast-growing field concerning the invention, and use, of molecules that are genetically expressed in cells, and then either report on cellular physiology in optical form, or enable control of specific pathways in cells when actuated by light. This book reviews the current state, as well as the underlying principles and future directions, of a diversity of optogenetic tools of importance for observing and controlling cellular signaling and physiology. These tools are already revolutionizing neuroscience, and are starting to have impact on fields ranging from metabolism to
- Oracle essentials. 3rd ed. 2004, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle PL/SQL best practices ProQuest Safari
- Oracle PL/SQL programming. 4th ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Loader ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Plus. 2nd ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle SQL*Plus. 2nd ed. 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Oracle9i for dummies 2002, SUNet ID login required to search for this title
- Oral and cranial implants 2013, Springer
- Oral and maxillofacial medicine. 3rd ed. 2013, ScienceDirect
- "Be prepared to diagnose and manage any condition you encounter in your practice! This bestselling reference gives you direct access to a complete range of full-color clinical images and patient radiographs that illustrate the differentiating characteristics of lesions in the oral and maxillofacial region. Significantly revised and updated content throughout this edition brings you the latest information on the etiology, clinical features, histopathology, treatment, and prognosis of each disease entity, as well as cutting-edge topics such as bisphosphonate osteonecrosis, the oral complications associated with methamphetamine abuse, solitary fibrous tumors, gene mutation, and plasminogen deficiency. Over 1,300 clinical photos and radiographs, most in full color, facilitate identification and classification of lesions. Current concepts of pathogenesis and disease management help you understand the diseases that affect the oral and maxillofacial structures, formulate an accurate diagnosis, and institute proper treatment. Each chapter is logically organized by body system or disease group, enabling you to easily identify a specific condition. A comprehensive appendix of differential diagnosis among oral and maxillofacial disease processes helps you rule out invalid diagnoses. The bibliography divided by topic presented at the end of each chapter enables you to pursue supplemental literature. Highly accomplished authors and contributors with a broad range of clinical and classroom teaching experience provide well-balanced coverage of the entire subject. Chapter outlines at the beginning of each chapter allow immediate access to specific topics. Over 200 new illustrations have been added to this popular, visual reference. A new section on bisphosphonate-associated osteonecrosis thoroughly explores and illustrates this recently identified complication resulting from medications used to prevent bone loss in patients with multiple myeloma, metastatic tumors, and osteoporosis. A new section about the oral complications of methamphetamine abuse details characteristic oral manifestations such as "meth mouth caries" and factitial injuries. Expanded coverage of oral piercings, intraoral tattoos, and other body modifications includes unusual entities such as tongue splitting and charm needles. A new section on transient lingual papillitis sheds light on this common cause of transitory tongue irritation. A new section on solitary fibrous tumors familiarizes you with this popular designation for certain benign fibrous neoplasms. A new section on hypoplasminogenemia (ligneous conjunctivitis), or plasminogen deficiency, includes images from a patient case that illustrate the characteristic gingival lesions associated with this rare but fascinating systemic condition. A new section on hereditary mucoepithelial dysplasia describes the characteristic oral manifestations that can lead you to accurately diagnose this condition, potentially preventing a woman with this disorder from having cytologically unusual cells misdiagnosed as carcinoma on her cervical PAP smears. A new section discusses the clinical and microscopic features of chronic ulcerative stomatitis, an immune-mediated condition of the oral mucosa that presents with erosive lesions and is often mistaken for lichen planus. The chapter on Forensic Dentistry has been thoroughly revised and updated by leading forensic odontology author, Dr. Edward Herschaft, to include the latest information on this fascinating topic. Several chapters have been updated to include the most current knowledge of specific gene mutations associated with hereditary oral disorders."--Publisher's website.
- Oral and maxillofacial trauma. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2005.Part I - Basic principles in the management of traumatic injuries -- Part II - Systematic evaluation of the traumatized patient -- Part III - Management of head and neck injuries -- Part IV - Special considerations in the management of traumatic injuries.
- Oral biology 2010, Springer ProtocolsGene therapy of salivary diseases -- Collection, storage, and processing of saliva samples for downstream molecular applications -- Proteomic analysis of saliva: 2D gel electrophoresis, LC-MS/MS, and Western blotting -- Transcriptomic analyses of saliva -- The oral microbiota : General overview, taxonomy, and nucleic acid techniques -- Microbial community profiling using terminal restriction fragment length polymorphism (T-RFLP) and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis (DGGE) -- Protocols to study the physiology of oral biofilms -- Adhesion of yeast and bacteria to oral surfaces -- Quantitative analysis of periodontal pathogens by ELISA and real-time polymerase chain reaction -- Bacterial viability determination in a dentinal tubule infection model by confocal laser scanning microscopy -- Characterization of anti-competitor activities produced by oral bacteria -- Natural transformation of oral streptococci -- Use of in vivo-induced antigen technology (IVIAT) to identify virulence factors of porphyromonas gingivalis -- Oral bacterial genome sequencing using the high-throughput roche genome sequencer FLX system -- Use of a yeast-based membrane protein expression technology to overexpress drug resistance efflux pumps -- Explant culture of embryonic craniofacial tissues : Analyzing effects of signaling molecules on gene expression -- A method to isolate, purify, and characterize human periodontal ligament stem cells -- Preclinical methods for the evaluation of periodontal regeneration in vivo -- Proteomic analysis of dental tissue microsamples -- Immunological techniques : ELISA, flow cytometry, and immunohistochemistry -- Analysis of immune responses to purified recombinant antigens of periodontal pathogens -- Single-strand conformation polymorphism analysis for the diagnosis of T-cell clonality in periodontal disease -- Real-time PCR focused-gene array profiling of gingival and periodontal ligament fibroblasts -- The use of gene arrays in deciphering the pathobiology of periodontal diseases -- Bioinformatics techniques in microarray research : Applied microarray data analysis using R and SAS software.
- Oral cancer metastasis 2010, Springer
- Oral cytology 2013, Springer
- Oral delivery of macromolecular drugs 2009, Springer
- Oral pharmacotherapy for male sexual dysfunction 2005, SpringerPhysiology and pharmacology of erectile dysfunction / Rafael Carrion ... [et al.] -- Epidemiology of erectile dysfunction / Jonathan D. Schiff and John P. Mulhall -- Pharmacology of phosphodiesterase inhibitors / Erwin Bischoff -- Sildenafil citrate, the classical PDE5 inhibitor: a five-year review of its efficacy and safety in the arena of erectile dysfunction / Harin Padma-Nathan -- Tadalafil: clinical trials experience / Culley C. Carson, III -- Vardenafil: clinical trials experience / Ajay Nehra -- Erectile dysfunction assessment and management in primary care practice / Louis Kuritzky and Martin Miner -- When to refer the patient with erectile dysfunction to a specialist / Ira D. Sharlip -- Erectile dysfunction: assessing risk and managing the cardiac patient / Thorsten Reffelmann and Robert A. Kloner -- Is diabetic erectile dysfunction more difficult to treat? / Pierre Theuma and Vivian A. Fonseca -- Depression and antidepressant-associated erectile dysfunction / Raymond C. Rosen -- Intracavernous, transurethral, and topical therapies for erectile dysfunction in the era of oral pharmacotherapy: salvaging first-line therapy, failures with combination therapies / Hans-Martin A. Fritsche, Mustafa F. Usta, and Wayne J.G. Hellstrom -- Androgen deficiency of the aging male: enhancing erectile response to oral pharmacotherapy / Alvaro Morales and Jeremy P.W. Heaton -- Central activation of erection and clinical experience / Jeremy P.W. Heaton, Alvaro Morales, and Michael A. Adams -- Sustaining the cure: oral pharmacotherapy failures salvage with vacuum devices and penile implants / Ronald W. Lewis -- Prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction utilizing lifestyle changes and dietary supplements: what works and what is worthless? / Mark A. Moyad -- Pharmacological strategies in the management of rapid ejaculation / Chris G. McMahon -- Sexual dysfunction after radical prostatectomy and the use of PDE-5 inhibitors / Andrew McCullough -- Female sexual dysfunction: is there a magic pill? / Ridwan Shabsigh ... [et al.].
- Oral surgery 2007, Springer
- Orbital tumors 2005, Springer
- Orexin/hypocretin system 2006, Springer
- Orexin/hypocretin system. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThis issue of Progress in Brain Research reviews current knowledge and understanding, provides a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and builds a platform for further research and discovery. Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Organ microcirculation 2005, Springer
- Organelle genetics 2012, Springer
- Organelle proteomics 2008, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of organelles by on-line two-dimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Edwin P. Romijn and John R. Yates III -- Purification and proteomic analysis of chloroplasts and their sub-organellar compartments / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Proteomic analysis of the stacked golgi complex / Mark S. Lowenthal, Kathryn E. Howell, and Christine C. Wu -- Purification of Saccharomyces cerevisiae mitochondria by zone electrophoresis in a free flow device / Hans Zischka ... [et al.] -- Preparation of respiratory chain complexes from Saccharomyces cerevisiae wild-type and mutant mitochondria : activity measurement and subunit composition analysis / Claire Lemaire and Geneviève Dujardin -- Mitochondrial proteomics : analysis of a whole mitochondrial extract with two-dimensional electrophoresis / Thierry Rabilloud -- Purification and proteomic analysis of the mouse liver mitochondrial inner membrane / Sandrine Da Cruz and Jean-Claude Martinou -- Subcellular fractionation and proteomics of nuclear envelopes / Laurence Florens, Nadia Korfali, and Eric C. Schirmer -- Purification and proteomic analysis of a nuclear-insoluble protein fraction / Tsuneyoshi Horigome, Kazuhiro Furukawa, and Kohei Ishii -- Preparation methods of human metaphase chromosomes for their proteome analysis / Kiichi Fukui, Hideaki Takata, and Susumu Uchiyama -- Purification and proteomic analysis of plant plasma membranes / Erik Alexandersson ... [et al.] -- Protocol to enrich and analyze plasma membrane proteins from frozen tissues / Jacek R. Wiśniewski -- Proteomic characterization of membrane protein topology / Adele R. Blackler and Christine C. Wu -- Free flow isoelectric focusing : a method for the separation of both hydrophilic and hydrophobic proteins of rat liver peroxisomes / Markus Islinger and Gerhard Weber -- Use of gas-phase fractionation to increase protein identifications : application to the peroxisome / Jacob Kennedy and Eugene C. Yi -- Purification and proteomic analysis of lysosomal integral membrane proteins / Huiwen Zhang ... [et al.] -- Affinity purification of soluble lysosomal proteins for mass spectrometric identification / Sylvie Kieffer-Jaquinod ... [et al.] -- Purification and proteomic analysis of synaptic vesicles / Holly D. Cox and Charles M. Thompson -- Purification and proteomics analysis of pancreatic zymogen granule membranes / Xuequn Chen and Philip C. Andrews -- Isolation and proteomic analysis of chlamydomonas centrioles / Lani C. Keller and Wallace F. Marshall -- Purification and proteomic analysis of 20S proteasomes from human cells / Marie-Pierre Bousquet-Dubouch ... [et al.] -- Characterization of E. coli ribosomal particles : combined analysis of whole proteins by mass spectrometry and of proteolytic digests by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry / Isabelle Iost ... [et al.] -- Assessment of organelle purity using antibodies and specific assays : the example of the chloroplast envelope / Daniel Salvi ... [et al.] -- Identifying bona fide components of an organelle by isotope-coded labeling of subcellular fractions : an example in peroxisomes / Marcello Marelli, Alexey I. Nesvizhskii, and John D. Aitchison -- Determination of genuine residents of plant endomembrane organelles using isotope tagging and multivariate statistics / Kathryn S. Lilley and Tom P.J. Dunkley -- Quantitative proteomic analysis to profile dynamic changes in the spatial distribution of cellular proteins / Wei Yan, Daehee Hwang, and Ruedi Aebersold -- Use of transcriptomic data to support organelle proteomic analysis / Wallace F. Marshall.
- Organelles, genomes, and eukaryote phylogeny 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Organic photochemistry and photophysics 2006, CRCnetBASEPhotochemistry and photophysics of highly excited valence states of polyatomic molecules: nonalternant aromatics, thioketones, and metalloporphyrins /G. Burdzinski ... [et al.] --Proton transfer reactions in the excited states /Haruo Shizuka and Seiji Tobita --Photoreactivity of n,[pi]*-excited azoalkanes and ketones /Werner M. Nau and Uwe Pischel --Photonucleophilic substitution reactions /Maurizio Fagnoni and Angelo Albini --Mechanistic and synthetic aspects of SET-promoted photocyclization reactions of silicon substituted phthalimides /Ung Chan Yoon and Patrick S. Mariano --Photoanimation with ammonia and amines /Masahide Yasuda ... [et al.] --DNA-templated assembly of helical multichromophore aggregates /Bruce A. Armitage.
- Organizational crisis management 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Orientation and navigation in vertebrates 2008, Springer
- Origin and evolution of the vertebrate telencephalon, with special reference to the mammalian neocortex 2007, Springer
- Origin of cancers 2010, Springer
- Origin of group identity 2009, SpringerAn overview : identity from bacteria to belief -- The prokaryotes : viruses, hyperparasites and the origin of group identity -- Sensory systems (light, odor, pheromones) in communities of oceanic microbes -- Subjugation of the individual : prokaryotic group living : blooms, slime and mats -- Animal group identity : from slime to worms, emergence of the brain -- Group identity in aquatic animals : learning to belong -- Development of tetrapod group identity, the smell of self -- Origin of primate group identity : vision and the great ERV invasion -- Human group identity : language and a social mind.
- Origin of mitochondria and hydrogenosomes 2007, SpringerThe road to hydrogenosomes -- Mitochondria: key to complexity -- Origin, function,and transmission of mitochondria -- Mitochondria and their host: morphology to molecular phylogeny -- Anaerobic mitochondria: properties and origins -- Iron-sulfur proteins and iron-sulfur cluster assembly in organisms with hydrogenosomes and mitosomes -- Hydrogenosomes (and related organelles, either) are not the same -- The chimeric origin of mitochondria: photosynthetic cell enslavement, gene-transfer pressure, and compartmentation efficiency -- Constantin Merezhkowsky and the endokaryotic hypothesis -- The diversity of mitochondrion-related organelles amongst eukaryotic microbes -- Mitosomes of parasitic protozoa: biology and evolutionary significance -- index.
- Origins of life on the earth and in the cosmos. 2nd ed. 2000, ScienceDirect
- Origins of neonatal intensive care in the UK Wellcome Trust
- Origins of phobias and anxiety disorders 2003, ScienceDirectFeatures of fear and anxiety -- Functions of fear versus anxiety -- Disposition to fear and anxiety : negative affectivity -- Threat-based style of reacting to negative affect : influences upon emotion regulation -- Anxious processes -- Specificity in Salience and threat value -- Anxiety disorders -- Why more women than men?
- Orphan G protein-coupled receptors and novel neuropeptides 2006, Springer
- Orthopaedic key review concepts 2008, OvidBasic science / Sudheer Reddy, Miltiadis H. Zgonis, and Joshua D. Auerbach -- Pediatric orthopaedics / Harish S. Hosalkar ... [et al.] -- Sports medicine / Jeffrey F. Sodl ... [et al.] -- Adult reconstruction / Sharat Kusuma and Jonathan P. Garino -- Foot and ankle / Sudheer C. Reddy, Selene G. Parekh, and Enyi Okereke -- Hand and microsurgery / Sepideh Baghian -- Adult spine / Todd A. Michener and Kingsley R. Chin -- Musculoskeletal tumors / Harish S. Hosalkar ... [et al.] -- Rehabilitation / Richard Scarlett, Samir Mehta, and Mary Ann Keenan -- Trauma / Samir Mehta -- Biostatistics / G. Russell Huffman -- Business and practice principles / Sharat Kumar Kusuma, Selene G. Parekh, and Price Chipley French -- Tips for the OITE, written and oral boards, and recertifying examinations / Sameer Nagda ... [et al.].
- Basic science / section editor, Thay Q. Lee -- Instability and athletic injuries / section editor, Peter J. Millett -- The rotator cuff / section editor, Leesa M. Galatz -- Arthroscopy / section editors, Jeffrey S. Abrams, Benjamin Shaffer -- Arthritis and Arthroplasty / section editor, Michael Pearl -- Trauma and fractures / section editor, Herbert Resch -- Elbow trauma, fracture, and reconstruction / section editor, Matthew L. Ramsey -- Miscellaneous shoulder topics / section editor, John W. Sperling.
- Orthopaedic management in cerebral palsy. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog record
- Orthopedic imaging. 5th ed. 2011, Ovid
- Orthopedic principles--a resident's guide 2005, Springer
- Orthopedic rehabilitation, assessment, and enablement 2007, Springer
- Orthopedic sports medicine 2011, Springer
- Orthopedic surgery in patients with hemophilia 2008, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology 2006, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology 2013, Springer
- Orthopedic traumatology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Orthopedics of the upper and lower limb 2013, Springer
- Orthopoxviruses pathogenic for humans 2005, Springer
- Orthospinology procedures 2007, Ovid
- Osborn's Brain: Imaging, Pathology, and Anatomy Lane Catalog record
- OSHA compliance management 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Oski's Pediatrics. 4th ed. 2006, OvidThe history of pediatrics in America -- The field of pediatrics -- Ethics of pediatric medicine -- Reading and keeping up with the medical literature -- Pediatric history and physical examination -- Diagnostic process -- Pharmacologic principles of drug therapy -- Complementary, alternative, holistic, and integrative medicine -- Fluid and electrolyte physiology and therapy -- Molecular genetics -- Genetics in pediatric primary care -- Evaluating and using laboratory tests -- Ambulatory care: present and future -- Feeding the healthy child -- Immunization -- Injury prevention and control -- Child maltreatment -- Newborn screening -- Congenital malformations -- Growth and metabolic adaptation of the fetus and newborn -- General obstetric care -- Fetal evaluation and prenatal diagnosis -- Management of the normal newborn -- The newborn intensive care unit -- The premature newborn -- Neonatal hyperbilirubinemia.Intrauterine growth restriction -- Follow-up of infants discharged from newborn intensive care -- Ethical issues in neonatology -- Surgical considerations and postoperative care of the newborn -- Neuroembryology -- Intraventricular hemorrhage of the preterm infant -- White matter injury in the premature infant -- Neonatal encephalopathies -- Perinatal cerebral infarction -- Neonatal seizures -- The floppy infant and the late walker -- Neonatal abstinence syndrome -- Developmental considerations -- Physiologic considerations -- Causes of respiratory distress in the newborn -- Respiratory distress syndrome -- Cystic adenomatoid malformation -- Transient tachypnea of the newborn -- Pneumonia -- Pulmonary air leaks -- Meconium aspiration syndrome -- Persistent pulmonary hypertension -- Apnea -- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia -- Cardiovascular embryology -- Epidemiology of congenital heart disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the newborn -- Cardiovascular surgery in the newborn -- Developmental disorders of gastrointestinal function -- Neonatal cholestasis -- Sucking and swallowing disorders and gastroesophageal reflux -- Distended Abdomen -- Necrotizing enterocolitis -- Short bowel syndrome.Renal and genitourinary diseases -- Neonatal endocrinology -- Infant of the diabetic mother -- Mineral metabolism in the newborn -- Urinary tract infections -- Hematopoiesis and hematologic diseases -- Malignancy in the newborn -- Dermatologic disease -- Craniofacial defects -- Eye evaluation of the newborn -- Sepsis neonatorum -- Meningitis -- Osteomyelitis and septic arthritis -- Skin and soft tissue infections -- Group B streptococcal disease -- Enterovirus -- Cytomegalovirus -- Herpes simplex virus -- Neonatal varicella-zoster virus -- Epstein-Barr virus -- Neonatal syphilis -- Rubella -- Neonatal toxoplasmosis -- Hepatitis viruses -- Neisseria gonorrhoeae -- Chlamydia trachomatis -- Genital mycoplasmas -- Nosocomial infection in the newborn -- Introduction to adolescent medicine -- Breast disorders -- Menstrual disorders -- Adolescent pregnancy and contraception -- Adolescent hypertension -- Adolescent substance abuse and other high-risk behaviors -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Normal infant and childhood development -- Streams of development: the key to developmental assessment -- Mental retardation -- Biopsychosocial and developmental approaches in pediatrics -- Psychosocial interview.Mental disorders and psychological stress -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Emotional disorders with childhood onset -- Depression in childhood and adolescence -- Suicide -- Somatoform and conversion disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorder and autistic disorder -- Eating disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Psychotic disorders -- Enuresis -- Encopresis -- School difficulties -- Adoption -- Child and adolescent psychiatric referral -- Selected topics in emergency medicine -- Apparent life-threatening events. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) -- Acute head trauma -- General principles of poisoning management -- Salicylism -- Acetaminophen overdose -- Plant poisoning -- Lead poisoning -- Minor burns -- Respiratory complications of burns and smoke inhalation (respiratory burns) -- Foreign bodies -- Oral problems -- Pediatric ophthalmology -- Pediatric dermatology -- Sports medicine -- Failure to thrive -- Fever without source -- Fever of unknown origin -- Pathogenesis of ever and its treatment -- Sepsis and septic shock -- Bacterial meningitis beyond the newborn period -- Opportunistic infections in the compromised host -- Bioterrorism -- Pediatric human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Antiretroviral therapy in pediatric acquired immunodeficiency syndrome.Prophylaxis for exposure to human immunodeficiency virus -- Mycoplasma and ureaplasma infections -- Chlamydial infections -- Rickettsial diseases -- Control of nosocomial infections -- Diagnostic microbiology for pediatric infections -- Assays for the diagnosis of infectious diseases -- Kawasaki disease -- Cardiovascular aspects of Kawasaki disease -- Aeromonas -- Actinomycosis -- Nocardiosis -- Anaerobic infections -- Bartonellosis -- Relapsing fever -- Lyme disease -- Campylobacter and helicobacter -- Cat-scratch disease -- Diphtheria -- Diarrheagenic Escherichia coli -- Haemophilas influenzae -- Legionella -- Leptospirosis -- Listeriosis -- Meningococcal infections -- Gonococcal infections -- Pasteurella multocida -- Pertussis -- Plague -- Pneumococcal infections -- Pseudomonas and related genera -- Rat-bite fever -- Salmonella infections -- Shigellosis -- Staphylococcal infections -- Group A streptococcal infections -- Tularemia -- Syphilis -- Tuberculosis -- Nontuberculous mycobacteria -- Yersinia enterocolitica -- Yersinia pseudotuberculosis -- Miscellaneous bacterial infections -- Arboviruses and related zoonotic viruses -- Coronaviruses -- Rhinoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Influenza viruses -- Parainfluenza viruses -- Human metapneumovirus -- Respiratory syncytial virus.Parvoviruses -- Polioviruses -- Nonpolio enterovirsues and parechoviruses -- Epstein-Barr virus infection in children -- Postnatal herpes simplex virus -- Human herpesvirus type 6 -- Human herpesvirus types 7 and 8 -- Varicella-zoster virus infections -- Acquired cytomegaloviral infections -- Rubella (German measles) -- Measles (Rubeola) -- Mumps -- Polyomaviruses -- Retroviruses -- Smallpox -- Viral gastroenteritis -- Candidiasis -- The dermatophytoses -- Aspergillosis -- Coccidioidomycosis -- Cryptococcosis -- Histoplasmosis -- Sporotrichosis -- Miscellaneous fungal infections -- Entamoeba histolytica -- Babesiosis -- Cryptospordiiosis -- Giardia lamblia -- Leishmaniasis -- Malaria -- Toxoplasmosis -- The nematodes -- Toxocara infections -- The cestodes -- Schistosomiasis -- Arthropoda -- Chronic cough in children -- Bronchiolitis -- Viral and atypical pneumonia -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis -- Pneumocystis Jiroveci pneumonia -- Bacterial pneumonia -- Laryngeal disorders -- Ciliary dyskinesia -- Cystic fibrosis -- Pulmonary hemosiderosis -- Obstructive sleep apnea syndrome -- Central hypoventilation syndromes -- Chronic diffuse interstitial lung disease in childhood.Pulmonary alveolar microlithiasis -- Emphysema -- Diseases of the pleura -- Recurrent or persistent lower respiratory tract symptoms -- The common cold -- Paranasal sinusitis -- Orofacial infections -- Pharyngitis -- Deep neck abscesses -- Otitis externa -- Otitis media -- Mastoiditis -- Uvulitis -- Life-threatening upper airway obstruction -- Croup -- Cervical lymphadenitis -- Herpangina -- Pharyngoconjunctival fever -- Parotitis -- Echocardiography and electrocardiography -- Hypertension -- Transposition of the great arteries -- Truncus arteriosus -- Tricuspid atresia -- Tetralogy of Fallot -- Double-outlet right ventricle -- Eisenmenger syndrome -- Single ventricle -- Hypoplastic left heart syndrome -- Cardiac malposition and heterotaxy -- Defects of the atrial septum, including the atrioventricular canal -- Ventricular septal defect -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Pulmonary valve atresia with intact ventricular septum -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Anomalous pulmonary venous connections -- Congenital mitral valve disease -- Mitral valve prolapse -- Aortic arch and pulmonary artery abnormalities -- congenital coronary artery abnormalities -- Myocarditis -- Cardiomyopathy -- Infective endocarditis -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic heart disease -- Abnormalities of rate and rhythm -- Therapeutic cardiac catheterization.Nutritional anemias -- Hemoglobinopathies and thalassemias -- Hemolytic anemias -- Hypoplastic and aplastic anemias -- Polycythemia -- Quantitative granulocyte disorders -- The spleen and lymph nodes -- General approaches to coagulopathies -- Disorders of platelets -- Disorders of coagulation factors -- General considerations of neoplastic diseases -- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia -- Acute myeloid leukemia -- Chronic myeloproliferative disorders -- Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for childhood leukemias -- Hodgkin disease -- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma -- Malignant brain tumors -- Wilms tumor -- Neuroblastoma -- Soft-tissue sarcomas -- Retinoblastoma -- Malignant bone tumors -- Malignant tumors of the gastrointestinal tract, liver, and endocrine system -- Gonadal and germ cell neoplasms -- Histiocytic proliferative diseases -- Vascular malformations -- Hemangiomas and other vascular tumors of infancy -- Thymomas -- Splenic cysts -- Morphologic development of the kidney -- Disorders of renal development and anomalies of the collecting system, bladder, penis, and scrotum -- Urinary tract infection -- Chronic renal failure -- End-stage renal disease -- Renal malformations -- Glomerulonephritis and nephrotic syndrome -- Progressive hereditary nephritis.Benign familial hematuria -- Familial juvenile nephronophthisis -- Nephropathy of diabetes mellitus -- Sickle cell nephropathy -- Primary hyperoxaluria (oxalosis) -- Nail-patella syndrome (hereditary onychoosteodysplasia) -- Renal tubular acidosis -- Panproximal tubular dysfunction (Fanconi syndrome) -- Disorders of renal glucose transport -- Disorders of renal phosphate transport -- Nephrogenic diabetes insipidus -- Bartter syndrome -- Renal hypertension -- Renal vascular thrombosis -- Urolithiasis -- Normal gastrointestnal function -- Functional constipation and encopresis -- Chronic nonspecific diarrhea of childhood -- Inguinal hernia -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Peptic ulcer disease -- Intussusception -- Motility disorders -- Oral rehydration therapy -- Anorectal malformations -- Ulcerative colitis -- Crohn disease -- Antibiotic-associated diarrhea and colitis -- Chronic recurrent abdominal pain -- Protein-losing enteropathy -- Protein intolerance -- Eosinophilic gastrointestinal diseases -- Short bowel syndrome -- Small bowel bacterial overgrowth -- Celiac disease -- Immunodeficiency states -- Enzyme and transport defects -- Appendicitis -- Ascites -- Pancreatitis -- Disorders of the liver and biliary system -- Liver abscess -- Cholecystitis -- Cirrhosis -- Portal hypertension -- Hepatic steatosis -- Parathyroid glands.Puberty and gonadal disorders -- Growth, growth hormone, and pituitary disorders -- Childhood obesity -- Neuroendocrine disorders -- Type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Thyroid gland -- Adrenal cortex -- Adrenal medulla -- Introduction to inborn errors of metabolism -- Disorders of transport -- Disorders of amino acid and organic acid metabolism -- Disorders of mitochondrial fatty acid oxidation -- Disorders of carbohydrate metabolism -- Disorders of lipoproteins -- Lysosomal storage disorders -- Peroxisomal disorders -- Disorders of purine and pyrimidine metabolism -- Heritable disorders of connective tissue -- Inborn errors associated with faulty bone mineralization -- Evaluation of the child with neurologic disease -- Developmental defects -- Cerebral palsy -- Acute encephalopathies -- Static encephalopathy -- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension -- Cerebrovascular disease in childhood -- Epilepsy -- Status epilepticus -- Febrile seizures -- The comatose child -- Reye syndrome -- Disorders of the anterior horn cell -- Peripheral neuropathies -- Diseases of the neuromuscular junction.Hereditary and acquired types of myopathy -- Slow virus infections and transmissible spongiform encephalopathies of the central nervous system -- Leukodystrophies -- Metabolic encephalopathies -- Rett syndrome -- Basal ganglia and neurotransmitter disorders -- Diseases with astrocyte abnormalities -- Phakomatoses and other neurocutaneous syndromes -- Headache -- Unclassified nervous system disorders: Alpers disease -- General considerations of allergies in childhood -- Asthma -- Urticaria and angioedema -- Food allergies -- Atopic dermatitis -- Allergic rhinitis and associated disorders -- Insect sting allergy -- The immune system -- Clinical presentation of primary immunodeficiency diseases -- Disorders of humoral immunity -- Complement deficiencies -- Functional disorders of granulocytes -- Combined immunodeficiency diseases -- Bone, joint, and muscle problems -- Skeletal dysplasias.Rheumatic diseases of childhood -- Amyloidosis -- Henoch-Schönlein syndrome -- Intensive care: physical environment -- Electrocardiographic and respiratory monitors -- Infusion devices -- Temperature-controlling and temperature-sensing devices -- Vascular catheters -- Measurement of cardiac output -- Echocardiography -- Intracranial pressure measurements -- Intubation -- Extubation -- Tracheostomy -- Abdominal paracentesis -- Acute peritoneal dialysis -- Acute hemodialysis -- Continuous renal replacement therapy -- ontinuous drip feeding -- Shock -- Acute respiratory distress syndrome -- Acute hepatic failure -- Acute renal failure -- Hemolytic-uremic syndrome -- Syndrome of inappropriate secretion of antidiuretic hormone -- Care of children with solid-organ transplants -- Multiple trauma.
- Osler medical handbook. 2nd ed. 2006, MD Consult
- Osmosensing and osmosignaling 2007, ScienceDirectWater compartments in cells / G. D. Fullerton ... [et al.] -- Yeast osmoregulation / S. Hohmann ... [et al.] -- Physiological analysis of bacterial mechanosensitive channels / I. R. Booth ... [et al.] -- Control of cell cycle in response to osmostress: Lessons from yeast / J. Clotet ... [et al.] -- Bacterial osmosensing transporters / J. M. Wood -- Plant gene networks in osmotic stress response: From genes to regulatory networks / L. S. Tran ... [et al.] -- Osmosensing by integrins in rat liver / F. Schliess ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic activation of the CD95 system / R. Reinehr ... [et al.] -- New approaches for determining apoptotic volume decrease in cells / C. D. Bortner ... [et al.] -- Transient receptor potential channels in mechanosensing and cell volume regulation / S. F. Pedersen ... [et al.] -- Cell volume regulatory ion channels in cell proliferation and cell death / F. Lang ... [et al.] -- Actin cytoskeleton architecture and signaling in osmosensing / E. A. Papakonstanti ... [et al.] -- Osmotic stress and DNA damage / N. I. Dmitrieva ... [et al.] -- Transcriptional activator tone-binding protein in cellular protection and differentiation / J. A. Kim ... [et al.] -- Desiccation response of mammalian cells: Anhydrosignaling / Z. Huang ... [et al.] -- Tonicity-regulated gene expression / J. D. Ferraris ... [et al.] -- Hyperosmotic induction of mitogen-activated protein kinase scaffolding / T. L. Hilder ... [et al.] -- Osmoregulation of bile formation / R. Kubitz ... [et al.] -- Osmosignaling and volume regulation in intestinal epithelial cells / C. H. Lim ... [et al.] -- Osmotic regulation of cellular glucose uptake / P. Gual ... [et al.] -- Effects of osmolytes on protein folding and aggregation in cells / Z. Ignatova ... [et al.] -- Simulations of macromolecules in protective and denaturing osmolytes: Properties of mixed solvent systems and their effects on water and protein structure and dynamics / D. A. Beck ... [et al.] -- Application of the transfer model to understand how naturally occurring osmolytes affect protein stability / M. Auton ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of high salinity tolerance in plants / N. Tuteja -- Phenotype of the taurine transporter knockout mouse / U. Warskulat ... [et al.] -- Molecular basis of osmolyte effects on protein and metabolites / J. Rosgen -- Methods of changing biopolymer volume fraction and cytoplasmic solute concentrations for in vivo biophysical studies / M. C. Konopka ... [et al.] -- Characterization of plant aquaporins / R. Kaldenhoff ... [et al.].
- Osteoarthritis 2008, NICEThe summary of the published clinical guideline on Osteoarthritis. It links to the published guidance and key documents.
- Osteoarthritis 2005
- Osteoarthritis. 4th ed. 2007, Ovid
- Osteoimmunology 2010, SpringerThe role of bone marrow edema and lymphangiogenesis in inflammatory-erosive arthritis / Edward M. Schwarz ... [et al.] -- Activation of [gamma][delta] T cells by bisphosphonates / Keith Thompson ... [et al.] -- Identification of cell cycle-arrested quiescent osteoclast precursors in vivo / Naoyuki Takahashi ... [et al.] -- Megakaryocyte-bone cell interactions / Melissa A. Kacena and Wendy A. Ciovacco -- Regulation of osteoblast differentiation by Runx2 / Toshihisa Komori -- Communication between ephrinB2 and ephB4 within the osteoblast lineage / T.J. Martin ... [et al.] -- The unexpected link between osteoclasts and the immune system / Hiroshi Takayanagi -- NFATc1 in inflammatory and musculoskeletal conditions / Antonios O. Aliprantis and Laurie H. Glimcher -- Novel functions of RANK(L) signaling in the immune system / Andreas Leibbrandt and Josef M. Penninger -- Eph and ephrin interactions in bone / Koichi Matsuo -- How do bone cells secret proteins? / Haibo Zhao ... [et al.] -- Regulation of osteoclast apoptosis by Bcl-2 family protein Bim and caspase-3 / Sakae Tanaka ... [et al.] -- Regulation of bone formation and immune cell development by Schnurri proteins / Dallas C. Jones and Laurie H. Glimcher.
- Osteoimmunology. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Overview: The Developing Field of Osteoimmunology / Joseph Lorenzo, Yongwon Choi, Mark Horowitz, Hiroshi Takayanagi -- 2. Origins of Osteoclasts / Deborah L. Galson, G. David Roodman -- 3. The Adaptive Immune Response / David G. Hesslein, Hector L. Aguila, Mark C. Horowitz -- 4. The Role of Bone Cells in Establishing the Hematopoietic Stem Cell Niche / Joy Y. Wu, Henry M. Kronenberg -- 5. Osteoblasts and their Signaling Pathways: New Frontiers for Linkage to the Immune System / Jane B. Lian, Ellen M. Gravallese, Gary S. Stein -- 6. The Osteoclast: The Pioneer of Osteoimmunology / Roberta Faccio, Yongwon Choi, Steven L. Teitelbaum, Hiroshi Takayanagi -- 7. The Effects of Immune Cell Products (Cytokines and Hematopoietic Cell Growth Factors) on Bone Cells / Joseph Lorenzo -- 8. Interactions Among Osteoblasts, Osteoclasts, and Other Cells in Bone / T. John Martin, Natalie A. Sims, Julian M.W. Quinn -- 9. The Role of the Immune System in the Development of Osteoporosis / Ulrike I. Mödder, B. Lawrence Riggs, Sundeep Khosla -- 10. The Role of the Immune System in the Bone Loss of Inflammatory Arthritis / Steven R. Goldring, Georg Schett -- 11. Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Bone / Francisco A. Sylvester, Anthony T. Vella -- 12. The Role of the Immune System in Fracture Healing / Brandon M. Steen, Louis C. Gerstenfeld, Thomas A. Einhorn -- 13. The Role of the Immune System and Bone Cells in Acute and Chronic Osteomyelitis / Brendan F. Boyce, Lianping Xing, Edward M. Schwarz -- 14. The Role of the Immune System in Hematologic Malignancies that Affect Bone / Jessica A. Fowler, Claire M. Edwards, Gregory R. Mundy -- 15. Osteoimmunology in the Oral Cavity (Periodontal Disease, Lesions of Endodontic Origin and Orthodontic Tooth Movement) / Dana T. Graves, Rayyan A. Kayal, Thomas Oates, Gustavo P. Garlet.
- Osteoimmunopathology 2011, Springer
- Osteomyelitis of the jaws 2009, Springer
- Osteoporosis NLM
- Osteoporosis 2007, OvidDiagnosis -- Pathogenesis -- Assessment of fracture risk -- Bone densitometry: using dual-energy x-ray absorptiometry for monitoring -- Biochemical evaluation -- Secondary causes of osteoporosis -- Acquired vitamin D deficiency -- Treatment options -- Tailoring therapy to individual patients -- Determining success of therapy and what to do when therapy fails -- Future therapeutic options -- Case studies.
- Osteoporosis 2008, Springer Protocols
- Osteoporosis and bone densitometry measurements 2013, SpringerOsteoporosis is a serious problem worldwide, and its significance is continuing to increase as the world population grows and ages. Osteoporosis and Bone Densitometry Measurements provides a comprehensive review of the latest research on this potentially devastating condition. The book encompasses prevention, diagnosis, and therapy, providing state of the art information on each aspect. A wide range of topics are discussed, including differentiation between acute and chronic, benign and malignant vertebral fractures; the value of the WHO FRAX tool in patient evaluation; the roles of dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry, quantitative computed tomography, quantitative ultrasound, and high-resolution imaging; and the use of kyphoplasty and vertebroplasty to treat vertebral compression fractures. All chapters are written by acknowledged experts in the field.
- Osteoporosis fragility fracture 2012, NICEThe summary of the published clinical guideline on Osteoporosis fragility fracture. It links to the published guidance and key documents.
- Osteoporosis in men. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection 1. Essentials of bone biology -- The biochemistry of bone : composition and organization / Adele L. Boskey -- Bone remodeling : cellular activities in bone / David W. Dempster, Hua Zhou, Shi Shou Lu -- Assessment of bone turnover in men using biochemical markers / Patrick Garnero, Pawel Szulc -- Fundamentals of mineral homeostasis / David A. Hanley, K. Shawn Davison -- The mechanical properties of bone / David P. Fyhrie -- Essentials of bone biology : assessment of bone architecture / Thomas F. Lang -- Section 2. Development and growth of the male skeleton -- Skeletal growth in males / Qingju Wang, Ego Seeman -- Pubertal growth of the male skeleton / Vincent Gilsanz, Stefano Mora -- The effects of sex steroids on bone growth / Giampiero I. Baroncelli, Silvano Bertelloni -- Nutritional basis of skeletal growth / Connie M. Weaver, Elizabeth Haney -- Physical activity and skeletal growth / Heather M. Macdonald, Heather A. McKay, Melonie Burrows --Section 3. Skeletal genetics -- The genetics of peak bone mass / Luigi Gennari, Robert F. Klein, Serge Ferrari -- Section 4. Aging and the male skeleton -- Age-related changes in bone remodeling and microarchitecture / Roger Zebaze, Ego Seeman -- Markers of bone remodeling and the aging skeleton / Serge Cremers, Christian Meier, Markus J. Seibel -- Alterations in mineral metabolism in the aging male / Shonni J. Silverberg, Bismruta Misra -- Changes in bone size and geometry with aging / Pawel Szulc -- Aging and bone loss / Steven Boonen ... [et al.] -- The effect of age on material properties / Charles H. Turner, Matthew R. Allen, David B. -- Section 5. Nutritional issues -- Calcium, bone strength and fractures / Laura A.G. Armas, Robert P. Heaney, Joan M. Lappe -- Vitamin D and bone / Roger Bouillon ... [et al.] -- Role of dietary protein in bone growth and bone loss / Rene Rizzoli --Section 6. Sex steroids and the skeleton in men -- Section 7. Fractures in men -- Section 8. Metabolic bone disease in men -- Section 9. Diagnostic approach -- Section 10. Therapy.
- Osteoporosis in older persons 2009, Springer
- Osteoporosis research 2011, SpringerHow to Select Your Animal Model for Osteoporosis Research / A. Simon Turner -- Skeletal Phenotyping in Rodents: Tissue Isolation and Manipulation / Janet E. Henderson, Chan Gao and Edward J. Harvey -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Biomechanics / José B. Volpon and Antonio C. Shimano -- Methods in Bone Histomorphometry for Animal Models / Natalie Dion, Audray Fortin and Louis-Georges Ste-Marie -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Imaging / Blaine A. Christiansen and Mary L. Bouxsein -- Methods in Bone Biology in Animals: Biochemical Markers / Markus Herrmann -- Methods in Bone Biology: Cancer and Bone / Yu Zheng, Markus J. Seibel and Hong Zhou -- How to Test Osteoporosis Treatments in Experimental Animals / Robert J. van ʻt Hof -- The Ovariectomized Mice and Rats / Jameela Banu -- Classical Models of Senile Osteoporosis / Ken Watanabe -- Animal Models of Premature Aging / Wei Li and Gustavo Duque -- Nonhuman Primate Models of Osteoporosis / Susan Y. Smith, Aurore Varela and Jacquelin Jolette -- Other Large Animal Models / Susan Reinwald and David B. Burr -- Mouse models for the Study of Fracture Healing and Bone Regeneration / Joerg H. Holstein, Patric Garcia, Tina Histing, Moritz Klein and Steven C. Becker, et al.
- Osteoporosis. 2nd rev. ed. 2009, Springer
- Osteoporosis. 4th edition. v.1-2, 2013, ScienceDirectVolume 1. I. Introduction: The bone organ system : form and function / Elise F. Morgan, George L. Barnes, Thomas A. Einhorn ; The nature of osteoporosis / Robert Marcus, David W. Dempster, Mary L. Bouxsein ; Reflections on osteoporosis / B.E. Christopher Nordin ; Reflections on development of concepts of intercellular communication in bone / T. John Martin ; Osteo-odyssey : a memoir / Paula H. Stern -- II. Cellular, molecular, and develomental biology of bone: Development of the skeleton / Sylvain Provot [and 3 others] ; The skeletal stem cell / Dongsu Park [and 3 others] ; Osteoclast biology / Timothy R. Arnett ; Osteoblast biology / Johannes P.T.M. van Leeuwen [and 4 others] ; Osteocyte biology / Lynda F. Bonewald ; The regulatory role of matrix protein in mineralization of bone / Adele L. Boskey, Pamela Gehron Robey -- III. Skeletal hormones and regulatory factors: Parathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related protein / Robert A. Nissenson ; Vitamin D : biology, actions, and clinical implications / David Feldman, Aruna V. Krishnan, Srilatha Swami ; Regulation of bone cell function by estrogens / Suzanne E. Wardell, Donald P. McDonnell, Erik R. Nelson ; Androgens and skeletal biology : basic mechanisms / Kristine M. Wiren ; Phosphatonins / Peter J. Tebben, Theresa J. Berndt, Rajiv Kumar ; Skeletal growth factors / Ernesto Canalis ; Wnt signaling in skeletal homeostasis and diseases / Francesca Gori, Roland Baron -- IV. Skeletal structure and biomechanics: The mechanical behavior of bone / Lamya Karim [and 3 others] ; Cellular and molecular mechanotransduction in bone / Julia C. Chen, Alesha B. Castillo, Christopher R. Jacobs ; Adaptation of skeletal structure to mechanical loading / Marjolein C.H. van der Meulen, Christopher J. Hernandez ; Biomechanics of hip and vertebral fractures / Denise E. Anderson, Alexander G. Bruno, Mary L. Bouxsein ; Prevention of osteoporosis by physical signals : defining a potential role for nondrug strategies in the treatment of musculoskeletal injury and disease / Clinton T. Rubin [and and 3 others] -- V. Epidemiology of osteoporosis: Epidemiologic methods in studies of osteoporosis / Kristine E. Ensrud, Brent C. Taylor ; Genetic determinants of osteoporosis / André G. Uitterlinden, M. Carola Zillikens, Fernando Rivadeneira ; Race, ethnicity, and osteoporosis / Jane A. Cauley, Dorothy A. Nelson ; Geographic variability in hip and vertebral fractures / Ghada Ballane [and 3 others] ; Nutrition and risk for osteoporosis / Robert P. Heaney ; Physical activity and exercise in the maintenance of the adult skeleton and the prevention of osteoporotic fractures / Dennis R. Taaffe [and 4 others] ; Premenopausal reproductive and hormonal characteristics and the risk for osteoporosis / John F. Randolph Jr., Maryfran R. Sowers ; Clinical and epidemiological studies : skeletal changes across menopause / Jane A. Cauley, Michelle E. Danielson, Gail A. Greendale ; Osteoporosis in men: epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical characterization / Eric S. Orwoll, Dirk Vanderschueren, Steven Boonen ; Falls as risk factors for fracture / Sarah D. Berry, Douglas P. Kiel ; Nonskeletal risk factors for osteoporosis and fractures / Jeri W. Nieves ; Outcomes following osteoporotic fractures / Jacqueline R. Center -- VI. General pathophysiology of osteoporosis: Skeletal heterogeneity and the purposes of bone remodeling : implications for the understanding of osteoporosis /A. Michael Parfitt ; On the evolution and contemporary roles of bone remodeling / Paul Kostenuik ; Cytokines and the pathogenesis of osteoporosis / Joseph Lorenzo ; Animal models for osteoporosis / Urszula T. Iwaniec, Russell T. Turner ; Bone and fat / Francisco J.A. de Paula [and 3 others] ; Bone mineral acquisition in utero and during infancy and childhood / Linda A. DiMeglio, Mary B. Leonard ; Bone acquisition in adolescence / Heather M. MacDonald, Christa L. Hoy, Heather A. McKay --Volume 2. Osteoporosis in childhood and adolescence / Leanne Ward, M. Zulf Mughal, Laura K. Bachrach ; Osteoporosis associated with pregnancy / Rachel B. Wagman, Robert Marcus ; Osteoporosis in premenopausal women / Adi Cohen ; Estrogen deficiency, postmenopausal osteoporosis, and age-related bone loss / Sundeep Khosla, Roberto Pacifici --VII. Spectrum of secondary osteoporosis: Immobilization osteoporosis / William A. Bauman, Christopher P. Cardozo ; Osteoporosis associated with illnesses and medications / Elizabeth Shane, Robert Marcus ; Glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis / Robert A. Adler, Robert S. Weinstein, Kenneth G. Saag ; Anticonvulsant-related bone disease / Alison M. Pack ; Thyroid hormone and the skeleton / Daniel Baran ; The skeletal actions of parathyroid hormone in primary hyperparathyroidism and in osteoporosis / John P. Bilezikian, Lorraine A. Fitzpatrick, Shonni J. Silverberg ; Osteogenesis imperfecta and other defects of bone development as occasional causes of adult osteoporosis / Jay R. Shapiro ; HIV and osteoporosis / Todd T. Brown, Michael T. Yin ; Obesity, diabetes, and fractures / Melissa Premaor, Juliet Compston ; Osteoporosis in organ transplant patients / Emily Stein, Elizabeth Shane ; Osteoporosis associated with rheumatologic disorders / Steven R. Goldring ; Osteoporosis associated with chronic kidney disease / Susan M. Ott, Grahame Elder ; Oral bone loss and systemic osteoporosis : weighing the risk benefit ratio of treatment / Marjorie K. Jeffcoat -- VIII. Cancer and osteoporosis: Cancer treatment-induced bone loss in patients with breast cancer : pathophysiology and clinical perspectives / Allan Lipton, Roger Dansey, Robert Coleman ; Pathophysiology-prostate cancer / Philip J. Saylor, matthew R. Smith ; Mechanisms of bone destruction in myeloma / Rebecca Silbermann, G. David Roodman --IX. Diagnosis and evaluation: Evaluation of the patient at risk for osteoporosis / E. Michael Lewiecki ; Imaging of osteoporosis / James F. Griffith, Harry K. Genant ; Osteoporosis : who should be treated? Who should be screened? / Cynthia A. Stuenkel, Bruce Ettinger ; Clinical use of bone densitometry / Sydney Lou Bonnick, Paul Miller ; Biochemical markers of bone turnover in osteoporosis / Pawel Szulc, Douglas C. Bauer ; Fracture risk assessment : the development and application of FRAX® / John A. Kanis [and 3 others] -- X. Patient management: Orthopedic aspects of osteoporosis / Susan V. Bukata ; Falls prevention interventions / Kim Delbaere, Catherine Sherrington, Stephen R. Lord ; Physical therapy, physical modalities, and exercise regimens in the management of osteoporosis / Susan B. Broy, Karen L. Kemmis ; Calcium in the treatment of osteoporosis / Robert P. Heaney ; Vitamin D and its metabolites and analogs in the management of osteoporosis / Roger Bouillon, Ian R. Reid ; Alternative therapy through nutrients and nutraceuticals / Jeri W. Nieves -- XI. Pharmacotherapeutics: Design considerations for clinical investigations of osteoporosis / Robert P. Heaney ; Lessons from bone histomorphometry on the mechanisms of action of osteoporosis drugs / Hua Zhou, David W. Dempster ; -- Estrogen and estrogen analogs for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis / Margery L.S. Gass, Sobia Khan ; Androgens / Mona Al Mukaddam, Peter J. Snyder ; Calcitonin in osteoporosis / Roberto Civitelli ; Bisphosphonates : pharmacology and use in the treatment of osteoporosis / Dima L. Diab, Nelson B. Watts, Paul D. Miller ; Osteonecrosis of the jaw and atypical femoral fractures / Elizabeth Shane, Sundeep Khosla, David Burr ; Condition critical : compliance and persistence with osteoporosis medications / Deborah T. Gold ; Denosumab for the treatment of osteoporosis / Michael R. McClung ; Strontium ranelate in the prevention of osteoporotic fractures / René Rizzoli ; Parathyroid hormone treatment for osteoporosis / Felicia Cosman, Robert Lindsay ; New approaches to osteoporosis therapeutics /Aline Costa [and 3 others] ; The past, present, and uncertain future of therapeutic innovation in osteoporosis /Hunter Heath III.
- Osteoporotic syndrome. 4th ed. 2000, ScienceDirectCh. 1. The necessity of a managed care approach for osteoporosis -- Ch. 2. Effects of aging on bone structure and metabolism -- Ch. 3. The genetics of osteoporosis -- Ch. 4. Bone mass measurement techniques in clinical practice -- Ch. 5. Biochemical markers of bone turnover -- Ch. 6. Calcium, vitamin D, and bone metabolism -- Ch. 7. Estrogens and selective estrogen receptor modulators for prevention and treatment of osteoporosis -- Ch. 8. Bisphosphonate treatment for osteoporosis -- Ch. 9. Calcitonin treatment in postmenopausal osteoporosis -- Ch. 10. Therapy with vitamin D metabolites, sodium fluoride, thiazides, and isoflavones -- Ch. 11. Orthopedics and the osteoporotic syndrome -- Ch. 12. Glucocorticoid-related osteoporosis -- Ch. 13. Osteoporosis and the bone biopsy.
- Definitions, terminology, and classification. -- Anatomy. -- Physiology, pathophysiology, and pathogenesis. -- Epidemiology. -- Microbiology. -- Immunology. -- Diagnosis. -- Management. -- Complications and sequelae: intratemporal. -- Complications and sequelae: intracranial.
- Otolaryngology-- head & neck surgery. 4th ed. v. 1-4, 2005.
- Otolith function and disorders 2001, Karger
- Otosclerosis and stapes surgery 2007, Karger
- Ototoxicity 2004
- Our genes, our choices. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectNeurogenetic origins of behavior -- Jinn in the genome -- 2B or not 2B? -- Stephen Mobley and his X-chromosome -- Dial multifactorial for murder : the intersection of genes and culture -- Distorted capacity I : the measure of the impaired will -- Distorted capacity II: neuropsychiatric diseases and the impaired will -- Inheritance of behavior and genes for behavior : gene wars -- Scientific and historic bases of genethics: who watches the geneticists and by what principles? -- World is double helical -- DNA, RNA, and proteins in a few easy pieces -- Stochastic brain : from DNA blueprint to behavior -- Reintroducing genes and behavior -- Warriors and worriers -- How many genes does it take to make a behavior? -- Genesis and genetics of sexual behavior -- Gene by environment interaction -- Epigenetic revolution : finding the imprint of the environment on the genome -- DNA on trial -- Parents and children : neurogenetic determinism and neurogenetic individuality -- Summing up genetic predictors of behavior.
- Out of joint 2005
- Out of practice 2011The author uses his own experiences as a primary care physician to describe the state of his profession and argues that the health care system will collapse without a strong physician-patient relationship and that the role of the primary care physician must change to survive.
- The predictive value of detailed histological staging of surgical resection specimens in oral cancer -- Survival after treatment of intraocular melanoma -- Recent developments in relative survival analysis -- Environmental and genetic risk factors of lung cancer -- Chaos, cancer, the cellular operating system and the prediction of survival in head and neck cancer -- Flexible hazard modelling for outcome prediction in cancer: perspectives for the use of bioinformatics knowledge -- Information geometry for survival analysis and feature selection by neural networks -- Artificial neural networks used in the survival analysis of breast cancer patients: a node-negative study -- The use of artificial neural networks for the diagnosis and estimation of prognosis in cancer patients -- Machine learning contribution to solve prognostic medical problems -- Classification of brain tumors by pattern recognition of magnetic resonance imaging and spectroscopic data -- Towards automatic risk analysis for hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer based on pedigree data -- The impact of microarray technology in brain cancer -- The web and the new generation of medical information systems -- Geoconda: a web environment for multi-centre research -- The development and execution of medical prediction models.
- Outer membrane vesicles of bacteria 2012, Springer
- A brief overview of molecular genetics -- An overview of information theory -- More on molecular genetics -- More on information theory -- An outline of error-correcting codes -- DNA is an ephemeral memory -- A toy living world -- Subsidiary hypothesis, nested system -- Soft codes -- Biological reality conforms to the hypotheses -- Identification of genomic codes.
- Ovarian cancer 2008, Springer
- Ovarian cancer, renal cancer, urogenitary tract cancer, urinary bladder cancer, cervical uterine cancer, skin cancer, leukemia, multiple myeloma, and sarcoma 2010, Springer
- Ovarian cancer. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Ovarian toxicology 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Ovary. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Overactive bladder 2007
- Overactive bladder in clinical practice 2012, Springer
- Overweight and the metabolic syndrome 2006, Springer
- Owning the genome SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status."DNA patenting has emerged as a hot topic in science policy and bioethics as private companies and government agencies spend billions of dollars on genetic research and development in a race to identify, sequence, and analyze DNA from human, animal, and plant species. David B. Resnik's Owning the Genome explores the ethical, social, philosophical, theological, and policy issues surrounding DNA patenting and develops a comprehensive approach to the topic. Resnik considers arguments for and against DNA patenting and concludes that only a patent on a whole human genome would be inherently immoral, while the morality of other DNA patents depends on their consequences for science, medicine, agriculture, industry, and society. He also stresses the importance of government regulations and policies in order to minimize the harmful effects of patenting while promoting the beneficial ones. Book jacket."--BOOK JACKET.
- Oxford English dictionary DatabaseA complete text of the 2nd. ed. of the Oxford English dictionary with quarterly updates, including revisions not available in any other form.
- Good surgical practice -- Principles of surgery -- Surgical pathology -- Practical procedures -- Head and neck surgery -- Breast and endocrine surgery -- Upper gastrointestinal surgery -- Liver, pancreatic, and biliary surgery -- Abdominal wall -- Urology -- Colorectal surgery -- Paediatric surgery -- Major trauma -- Orthopaedic surgery -- Plastic surgery -- Cardiothoracic surgery -- Peripheral vascular disease -- Transplantation -- Surgery in tropical diseases -- Eponymous terms and rarities.
- Oxford language dictionaries online DatabaseIncludes all of words, phrases, and translations, in French, German, Spanish and Italian from the print dictionaries. Users can search the full A-Z from both sides of the dictionary in Oxford's unabridged bilingual dictionaries: French, German, Spanish, and Italian.
- Oxford Textbook of functional anatomy. 2nd ed. v. 1-3, 2005.v. 1. Musculo-skeletal system -- v. 2. Thorax and abdomen -- v. 3. Head and neck.
- Oxford Textbook of medicine. 5th ed. 2010, Oxford Medicinev. 1. -- section 1. On being a patient -- section 2. Modern medicine: foundations, achievements, and limitations -- section 3. Global patterns of disease and medical practice -- section 4. Cell biology -- section 5. Immunological mechanisms -- section 6. Principles of clinical oncology -- section 7. Infection -- section 8. Sexually transmitted diseases and sexual health -- section 9. Chemical and physical injuries and environmental factors and disease -- section 10. Clinical pharmacology -- section 11. Nutrition -- section 12. Metabolic disorders -- v. 2. -- section 13. Endocrine disorders -- section 14. Medical disorders in pregnancy -- section 15. Gastroenterological disorders -- section 16. Cardiovascular disorders -- section 17. Critical care medicine -- section 18. Respiratory disorders -- section 19. Rheumatological disorders -- v. 3. -- section 20. Disorders of the skeleton -- section 21. Disorders of the kidney and urinary tract -- section 22. Disorders of the blood -- section 23. Disorders of the skin -- section 24. Neurological disorders -- section 25. The eye -- section 26. Psychiatry and drug related problems -- section 27. Forensic medicine -- section 28. Sports medicine -- section 29. Geratology -- section 30. Pain -- section 31. Palliative medicine -- section 32. Biochemistry in medicine -- section 33. Acute medicine.
- Part I: Foundations --A brief history of psychopathology /Theodore Millon --Classification /Roger K. Blashfield, Jared W. Keeley, and Danny R. Burgess --Developmental pathogenesis /Theodore Millon --Studying psychopathology /Michael L. Raulin and Scott O. Lilienfeld --Part II: Major Axis I syndromes --Anxiety disorders: panic and phobias /Steven Taylor, Brian J. Cox, and Gordon J. G. Asmundson --Generalized anxiety disorder and obsessive-compulsive disorder /Timothy A. Brown and Amy E. Lawrence --Posttraumatic stress disorder /Richard J. McNally --Mood disorders: biological bases /Sheri L. Johnson ... [et al.] --Depression: social and cognitive aspects /Rick E. Ingram, Walter D. Scott, and Sarah Hamill --Substance abuse: etiological considerations /Robert O. Pihl --Substance abuse: diagnosis, comorbidity, and psychopathology /Susan R. Tate, Michelle L. Drapkin, and Sandra A. Brown --Schizophrenia: etiology and neurocognition /Barbara A. Cornblatt ... [et al.] --Schizophrenia: interpersonal functioning /Jill M. Hooley --Paranoid and delusional disorders /Paul H. Blaney --Part III: Other Axis I syndromes --Sexual dysfunctions /Donald S. Strassberg and Michael A. Perelman --Eating disorders /Howard Steiger and Kenneth R. Bruce --Dissociative disorders /Onno van der Hart and Ellert R. S. Nijenhuis --Somatoform disorders /Theo K. Bouman and Georg H. Eifert --Sleep/wake disorders /Charles M. Morin and Jack D. Edinger --Sexual disorders /James M. Cantor, Roy Blanchard, and Howard Barbaree --Part IV: Axis II disorders --Personality and its disorders: structural models, mathematical methods, and theoretical conceptions /Theodore Millon --Schizoid and avoidant personality disorders /David P. Bernstein, Arnoud Arntz, and Laura Travaglini --Dependent and histrionic personality disorders /Robert F. Bornstein and Iris L. Malka --Psychopathy /Robert D. Hare and Craig S. Neumann --Sadistic personality disorder /Michael H. Stone, Jeremy R. Butler, and Kathleen M. Young --Obsessive-compulsive and negativistic personality disorders /Joseph T. McCann --Schizotypic psychopathology: theory, evidence, and future directions /Mark F. Lenzenweger --Borderline personality disorder /Joel Paris --Depressive personality disorder /Daniel N. Klein and Melissa L. Bessaha --Narcissistic personality disorder /Elsa Ronningstam.
- Oxidants and antioxidants 2002, Springer Protocols
- Oxidants and antioxidants in cutaneous biology 2001, Karger
- Oxidants and antioxidants. Part A-B ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Oxidants in biology 2008, Springer
- Oxidation 2008, Springer
- Oxidation and phosphorylation ScienceDirect
- Oxidative damage to nucleic acids 2007, SpringerOxidatively generated damage to cellular DNA : mechanistic aspects / Jean Cadet ... [et al.] -- Chlorination and nitration of DNA and nucleic acid components / Clare L. Hawkins ... [et al.] -- Prevention of the mutagenicity and cytotoxicity of oxidized purine nucleotides / Yusaku Nakabeppu ... [et al.] -- Nucleotide incision repair : an alternative and ubiquitous pathway to handle oxidative DNA damage / Sophie Couvé-Privat ... [et al.] -- OGG1 : from structural analysis to the knockout mouse / Arne Klungland, Jon K. Laerdahl, and Torbjörn Rognes -- Processing of 3'-end modified DNA strand breaks induced by oxidative damage / Jason L. Parsons, Emma Boswell, and Grigory L. Dianov -- Oxidative damage and promoter function / David Mitchell and Rita Ghosh -- Oxidative DNA damage and telomere shortening / Torsten Richter and Thomas von Zglinicki -- Oxidative damage and repair in the mitochondrial genome / Lene Juel Rasmussen and Keshav K. Singh --The role of oxidative damage to nucleic acids in the pathogenesis of neurological disease / V. Prakash Reddy ... [et al.] -- Nucleic acid oxidation and the pathogenesis of cardiovascular diseases / Maria Grazia Andreassi -- Oxidative DNA damage and carcinogenesis / Ryszard Olinski, Marek Foksinski, and Barbara Tudek -- The physiological and pathological roles of oxidative damage to DNA in relation to life stage / Alberto Izzotti -- Analysis of 8-hydroxy-2'-deoxyguanosine as a marker of oxidatively damaged DNA in relation to carcinogenesis and aging / H. Kasai ... [et al.] -- Oxidatively damaged DNA and inflammation / Peter C. Dedon and Marita C. Barth -- The role of antioxidants in the prevention of oxidative damage to nucleic acids / Peter Muller and Steffen Loft.
- Oxidative folding of peptides and proteins SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Oxidative neural injury 2009, Springer
- Oxidative phosphorylation in health and disease 2004, SpringerThe human OXPHOS system / Immo E. Scheffler -- Molecular biology of the OXPHOS system / Richard C. Scarpulla -- Clinical diagnosis of oxidative phosphorylation disorders / Robert McFarland ... [et al.] -- Contribution of histopathological examination to the diagnosis of OXPHOS disorders / Martin Lammens and Henk ter Laak -- Biochemical diagnosis of OXPHOS disorders / J.M. Frans Trijbels ... [et al.] -- Mitochondrial DNA and OXPHOS disorders / Massimo Zeviani and Valerio Carelli -- Nuclear DNA and oxidative phosphorylation / Lambert P. van den Heuvel and Jan A.M. Smeitink -- Cell biological consequences of OXPHOS disorders / Werner J.H. Koopman ... [et al.] -- Animal models of OXPHOS disorders / Nicole Hance and Nils-Göran Larsson -- Therapeutic options in OXPHOS disorders / Rob C.A. Sengers ... [et al.] -- Prenatal diagnostics in oxidative phosphorylation disorders / Antoon J.M. Janssen ... [et al.] -- Future developments in the laboratory diagnosis of OXPHOS disorders / David R. Thorburn.
- Oxidative stress and age-related neurodegeneration 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Oxidative stress and free radical damage in neurology 2011, Springer
- Oxidative stress and neuroprotection 2006, Springer
- Oxidative stress biomarkers and antioxidant protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Oxidative stress in aging 2008, Springer
- Oxidative stress in cancer biology and therapy 2012, Springer
- Oxidative stress, inflammation, and health 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Oxygen biology and hypoxia 2007, ScienceDirect
- Oxygen radicals in biological systems. Part C ScienceDirect
- Oxygen radicals in biological systems. Part D ScienceDirect
- Oxygen radicals in biological systems. [Part A] ScienceDirect
- Oxygen sensing 2004, ScienceDirect
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXIX Lane Catalog record
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXVI 2005, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXVII 2006, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXVIII 2007, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXX 2009, SpringerAir and fire : Carl Wilhelm Scheele, Torbern Bergman, the Royal Society of Sciences and the discovery of oxygen in Uppsala in 1772 / Lars-Olof Sundelöf -- Mathematical modeling of the interactiion betwen oxygen, nitric oxide and superoxide / Donald G. Buerk -- Haemoglobin saturation controls the red blood cell mediated hypoxic vasorelaxation / Andrew G. Pinder ... [et al.] -- Blood vessel specific vaso-activity to nitrite under normoxic and hypoxic conditions / Thomas E. Ingram ... [et al.] -- Nitrite-induced improved blood circulation associated with an increase in a pool of RBN-NO with NO bioactivity / Joseph M. Rifkind ... [et al.] -- The control of oxidative phosphorylation in the adrenal gland (Y1) cell line / James E.J. Murphy and Richard K. Porter -- Replication of murine mitochondrial DNA following irradiation / Hengshan Zhang ... [et al.] -- Effects of anesthesia on brain mitochondrial function, blood flow, ionic and electrical activity monitored in vivo / Nava Dekel ... [et al.] -- The influence of flow redistribution on working rat muscle oxygenation / Louis Hoofd and Hans Degens -- Heterogeneity of capillary spacing in the hypertrophied plantaris muscle from young-adult and old rats / Hans Degens, Christopher I. Morse, and Maria T.E. Hopman -- Microvascularity of the lumbar erector spinae muscle during sustained prone trunk extension test / Rammohan V. Maikala and Yagesh N. Bhambhani -- Fiber capillary supply related to fiber size and oxidative capacity in human and rat skeletal muscle / Rob C.I. Wüst, Sarah L. Gibbings, and Hans Degens -- Novel therapeutic approach targeting the HIF-HRE system in the kidney / Masaomi Nangaku -- Carotid body sensory discharge and glomus cell HIF-1[alpha] are regulated by a common oxygen sensor / S. Lahiri ... [et al.] -- Impact of reactive oxygen species on the expression of adhesion molecules in vivo / Oliver Thews ... [et al.] -- Mini sensing chip for point-of-care acute myocardial infarction diagnosis utilizing micro-electro-mechanical system and nano-technology / Jianting Wang ... [et al.] -- A chemical biosynthesis design for an antiatherosclerosis drug by acyclic tocopherol intermediate analogue based on "isoprenomics" / Yoshihiro Uto ... [et al.] -- Zymogen protein C concentrate for safer heterozygote surgery, "I am a guinea pig!" / Duane F. Bruley -- Steady state redox levels in cytochrome oxidase : relevance for in vivo near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) / Chris E. Cooper ... [et al.] -- Bicuculline-induced seizures : a challenge for optical and biochemical modeling of the cytochrome oxidase CUa NIRS signal / Chris E. Cooper ... [et al.] -- A method to calculate arterial and venous saturation from near infrared spectroscopy (NIRS) / Jan Menssen ... [et al.] -- Development of a dynamic test phantom for optical topography / Peck H. Koh, Clare E. Elwell, and David T. Delpy -- Numerical simulation of oxygen transport in cerebral tissue / Toshihiro Kondo ... [et al.] -- Non-invasive estimation of metabolic flux and blood flow in working muscle : effect of blood-tissue distribution / Nicola Lai ... [et al.] -- Oxygen extraction index measured by near infrared spectroscopy : a parameter for monitoring tissue oxygenation? / Oskar Baenziger ... [et al.] -- Non-invasive measurement of the superficial cortical oxygen partial pressure / Chris Woertgen ... [et al.] -- One sensor fits all : a new approach in monitoring brain physiology / H. Doll ... [et al.] -- Evaluation of NIRS data based on theoretical analysis of oxygen transport to cerebral tissue / Kazunori Oyama ... [et al.] -- Myocardial capillary net and blood constituents in streptozotocin (STZ-)-induced diabetic rats / Tomiyasu Koyama and Akira Taka -- Effects of proinsulin C-peptide on oxygen transport uptake and utilization in insulinopenic diabetic subjects : a review / Lina Nordquist and Sara Stridh -- Reduced oxygenation in diabetic rat kidneys measured by T2* weighted magnetic resonance micro-imaging / Jenny Edlund ... [et al.] -- Identification and distribution of uncoupling protein isoforms in the normal and diabetic rat kidney / Malou Friederich ... [et al.] -- Iodinated contrast media decrease renomedullary blood flow : a possible cause of contrast media-induced nephropathy / Per Liss ... [et al.] -- C-peptide normalizes glomerular filtration rate in hyperfiltrating conscious diabetic rats / Sara Stridh ... [et al.] -- Lipoprotein nanoplatform for targeted delivery of diagnostic and therapeutic agents / Jerry D. Glickson ... [et al.] -- Prognostic potential of the pre-therapeutic tumor oxygenation status / Peter Vaupel -- Histological basis of MR/optical imaging of human melanoma mouse xenografts spanning a range of metastatic potentials / He N. Xu ... [et al.] -- The relationship between vascular oxygen distribution and tissue oxygenation / Alexandru Daşu and Iuliana Toma-Daşu -- Intraoperative measurement of colonic oxygenation during bowel resection / Daya B. Singh ... [et al.] -- Quantifying tumour hypoxia by PET imaging : a theoretical analysis / Iuliana Toma-Daşu, Alexandru Da̧su, and Anders Brahme -- New measurements for assessment of impaired cerebral autoregulation using near-infrared spectroscopy / Dominique De Smet ... [et al.] -- Single shot T₁p magnetic resonance imaging of metabolically generated water in vivo / Eric A. Mellon ... [et al.] -- Brain tissue oxygen consumption and supply induced by neural activation : determined under suppressed hemodynamic response conditions in the anesthetized rat cerebral cortex / Kazuto Masamoto ... [et al.] -- Brain oxygen balance under various experimental pathophysiological conditions / Michal Schechter, Judith Sonn, and Avraham Mayevsky -- Ketones suppress brain glucose consumption / Joseph C. LaManna ... [et al.] -- False positives in functional near-infrared topography / Ilias Tachtsidis ... [et al.] -- Relationship between brain tissue haemodynamics, oxygenation, and metabolism in the healthy human adult brain during hyperoxia and hypercapnea / Ilias Tachtsidis ... [et al.] -- Use of a Codman microsensor intracranial pressure probe : effects on near infrared spectroscopy measurements and cerebral hemodynamics in rats / Helga Blockx, Willem Flameng, and Geofrey De Visscher -- Effect of severe hypoxia on prefrontal cortex and muscle oxygenation responses at rest and during exhaustive exercise / Thomas Rupp and Stéphane Perrey.
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXXI 2010, SpringerPart 1. Physiology and pathophysiology of O2 transport -- Part 2. In vivo measurement of O2 -- Part 3. Exercise and O2 transport -- Part 4. O2 microenvironment in cancer -- Part 5. Clinical aspects of O2 transport.
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXXIII 2012, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue XXXIV 2013, Springer
- Oxygen transport to tissue. XXXII 2011, Springer
- Ozone. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerPhysical-chemical properties of ozone: natural production of ozone: the toxicology of ozone -- How ozone is generated and its concentrations measured? -- Preparation of ozonated water and oil for the topical therapy: ozone as a drinking water disinfectant: ozone disinfection to prevent nosocomial infections -- How does ozone act?: how and why can we avoid ozone toxicity? -- How is ozone administered? -- The actual six therapeutic modalities -- The potential toxicity of ozone: side effects and contraindications of ozonetherapy -- Is ozone really a "wonder drug"? -- The clinical applications of ozonetherapy -- The dilemma between hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HOT) and ozone therapy -- The still uncertain future of ozone therapy in medicine.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Authors: Adrian M.K. Thomas, Arpan K. Banerjee