- v. 1-2, 1921. Google BooksFulltext (v. 2 1921) Google Booksbearbeitet von O. de la Camp ... [et al.] ; herausgegeben von L. Krehl.Also available: Print – v. 1-2, 1921.
- 2009Jablonski, Stanley.
- 2012 SpringerThomas Decker, Mathias Müller, editors.The Continuing Fascination with Jaks and Stats: An Introduction / Thomas Decker and Mathias Müller -- Regulation of JAKs: Insights Gleaned from the Functional Protein Domains / Claude Haan, Daniela Ungureanu, Tuija Pekkala, Olli Silvennoinen and Serge Haan -- Nuclear Functions of the Janus Kinases / Mark A. Dawson and Andrew J. Bannister -- Self-association of STAT Proteins from Monomers to Paracrystals / Mathias Droescher and Uwe Vinkemeier -- How Stats Interact with the Molecular Machinery of Transcriptional Activation / Amanda M. Jamieson, Matthias Farlik and Thomas Decker -- Nongenomic Functions of STAT3 / Daniel J. Gough, Pravin Sehgal and David E. Levy -- Evolution of Jak and Stat Proteins / Claus Vogl, Priyank Shukla and Ingo Ebersberger -- JAK/STAT and Chromatin Regulation in Drosophila / Kriti Gaur and Willis X. Li -- JAK/STAT Signaling and Invertebrate Immune Responses / Feng Zhou and Hervé Agaisse -- Stat5 as a Hematopoietic Master Regulator for Differentiation and Neoplasia Development / Harini Nivarthi, Katrin Friedbichler and Richard Moriggl -- Regulation of Dendritic Cell Development by STATs / Haiyan S. Li and Stephanie S. Watowich. STAT Transcription Factors: Controlling All Aspects of NK Cell Biology / Eva Maria Putz, Eva Zebedin and Veronika Sexl -- Function of JAKs and STATs in Lymphocytes: Bench to Bedside / Alejandro Villarino, Xiang-Ping Yang, Kiyoshi Hirahara, Yuka Kanno and John J. O' Shea, et al. -- The Role of Janus Kinases in Hematopoietic Malignancies / Damla Olcaydu and Robert Kralovics -- Activation of Janus Kinases During Tumorigenesis / Jeffrey W. Schmidt and Kay-Uwe Wagner -- STAT1 and STAT3 Transcription Factors in Inflammation-associated Colon Cancer / Paulina Rampetsreiter and Robert Eferl -- Universal and Specific Functions of STAT3 in Solid Tumours / Lidia Avalle, Gabriella Regis and Valeria Poli -- Impact of STAT5 on Normal Tissue Development and Cancer / Maria M. Caffarel and Christine J. Watson -- Crosstalk with the Jak-STAT Pathway in Inflammation / Lionel B. Ivashkiv -- Activation and Inhibition of JAK-STAT Signal Transduction by RNA Viruses / Curt M. Horvath -- Multifaceted Antiviral Actions of Interferon-stimulated Gene Products / Birgit Strobl, Nicole R. Leitner and Mathias Müller -- Interferon Regulation of the Innate Response to Bacteria / Ali Abdul-Sater and Christian Schindler.
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Sandra E. Nicholson and Nicos A. Nicola.Analysis of Janus tyrosine kinase phosphorylation and activation / Jeremy A. Ross, Georgialina Rodriguez, and Robert A. Kirken -- Co-immunoprecipitation protocol to investigate cytokine receptor-associated proteins, e.g., Janus kinases or other associated signaling proteins / Claude Haan and Serge Haan -- In vitro JAK kinase activity and inhibition assays / Jeffrey J. Babon and James M. Murphy -- Quantitative analysis of JAK binding using isothermal titration calorimetry and surface plasmon resonance / Jeffrey J. Babon -- Determination of protein turnover rates in the JAK/STAT pathway using a radioactive pulse-chase approach / Anna Dittrich, Elmar Siewert, and Fred Schaper -- Designing RNAi screens to identify JAK/STAT pathway components / Katherine H. Fisher, Stephen Brown, and Martin P. Zeidler -- The use of JAK-specific inhibitors as chemical biology tools / Christopher J. Burns, David Segal, and Andrew F. Wilks -- Methods for detecting mutations in the human JAK2 gene / Anthony J. Bench, E. Joanna Baxter, and Anthony R. Green -- Detection of activated STAT proteins / Jean-Patrick Parisien and Curt M. Horvath -- Detection of activated STAT species using electrophoretic mobility shift assay (EMSA) and potential pitfalls arising from the use of detergents / Serge Haan and Claude Haan -- Flow cytometric analysis of STAT phosphorylation / Jane Murphy and Gabrielle L. Goldberg -- Acetylation of endogenous STAT proteins / Torsten Ginter, Thorsten Heinzel, and Oliver H. Krämer -- Detection and cellular localization of phospho-STAT2 in the central nervous system by immunohistochemical staining / Reza Khorooshi and Trevor Owens -- Nuclear trafficking of STAT proteins visualized by live cell imaging / Velasco Cimica and Nancy C. Reich -- Characterization of STAT self-association by analytical ultracentrifugation / Nikola Wenta and Uwe Vinkemeier -- Constitutively active STAT5 constructs / Lynn M. Heltemes-Harris and Michael A. Farrar -- Analysis of suppressor of cytokine signalling (SOCS) gene expression by real-time quantitative PCR / Tatiana B. Kolesnik and Sandra E. Nicholson -- Detection of endogenous SOCS1 and SOCS3 proteins by immunoprecipitation and western blot analysis / Jian-Guo Zhang and Sandra E. Nicholson -- In vitro ubiquitination and cytokine signaling components / Jeffrey J. Babon, Artem Laktyushin, and Nadia J. Kershaw -- Production and crystallization of recombinant JAK proteins / Isabelle S. Lucet and Rebecca Bamert -- Bacterial expression, purification, and crystallization of tyrosine phosphorylated STAT proteins / Florence Baudin and Christoph W. Müller.
- 2008Kenneth Murphy, Paul Travers, Mark Walport ; with contributions by Michael Ehrenstein ... [et al.].Basic concepts in immunology -- Innate immunity -- Antigen recognition by B-cell and T-cell receptors -- The generation of lymphocyte antigen receptors -- Antigen presentation to T lymphocytes -- Signaling through immune system receptors -- The development and survival of lymphocytes -- T cell-mediated immunity -- The humoral immune response -- Dynamics of adaptive immunity -- The mucosal immune system -- Failures of host defense mechanism -- Allergy and hypersensitivity -- Autoimmunity and transplantation -- Manipulation of the immune response -- Evolution of the immune system.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2012Kenneth Murphy ; with acknowledgment to Charles A. Janeway, Jr., Paul Travers, Mark Walport ; with contributions by Allan Mowat, Casey T. Weaver.1. Basic concepts in immunology -- 2. Innate immunity: the first lines of defense -- 3. The induced responses of innate immunity -- 4. Antigen recognition by B-cell and T-cell receptors -- 5. The generation of lymphocyte antigen receptors -- 6. Antigen presentation to T-lymphocytes -- 7. Signaling through immune-system receptors -- 8. The development and survival of lymphocytes -- 9. T cell-mediated immunity -- 10. The humoral immune response -- 11. Dynamics of adaptive immunity -- 12. The mucosal immune system -- 13. Failures of host defense mechanisms -- 14. Allergy and allergic diseases -- 15. Autoimmunity and transplantation -- 16. Manipulation of the immune response.
- 2009 Kargervolume editor, Masaaki Yamamoto ; with a foreword by Kintomo TakakuraHistory and present status of gamma knife radiosurgery in Japan / S. Otto -- Dose selection for optimal treatment results and avoidance of complications / H. Nagano ... [et al.] -- Gamma knife radiosurgery for arteriovenous malformations: the furukawa experience / H. Jokura ... [et al.] -- Radiosurgery for cavernous malformations in basal ganglia, thalamus and brainstem / Y. Kida -- Radiosurgery for dural arterio-venous fistula / Y. Kida -- Gamma knife radiosurgery for vestibular schwannomas / S. Fukuoka ... [et al.] -- Long-term results of gamma knife radiosurgery for 100 consecutive cases of craniopharyngioma and a treatment strategy / T. Kobayashi -- Long-term results of stereotactic gamma knife radiosurgery for pituitary adenomas : specific strategies for different types of adenoma / T. Kobayashi -- Gamma knife radiosurgery for skull-base meningiomas / M. Takanshi -- Other skull-base tumors / H.K. Inoue -- Radiosurgery for intracranial gliomas / Y. Kida, M. Yoshimoto, T. Hasegawa -- Gamma knife radiosurgery for other primary intra-axial tumors / Y. Iwai, K. Yamanaka-- Metastatic brain tumors : lung cancer / T. Serizawa -- Gamma knife radiosurgery for brain metastases of non-lung cancer origin : focusing on multiple brain lesions / M. Yamamoto, B.E. Barfod, Y. Urakawa -- Treatment of functional disorders with gamma knife thalamotomy / C. Ohye, T. Shibazaki -- Trigeminal neuralgia / M. Hayashi.
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Alain Goossens and Laurens Pauwels.Phenotyping jasmonate regulation of senescence / Martin A. Seltmann and Susanne Berger -- Characterizing jasmonate regulation of male fertility in Arabidopsis / Bryan Thines, Ajin Mandaokar, and John Browse -- Phenotyping jasmonate regulation of root growth / Fabian Kellermeier and Anna Amtmann -- Bioassays for assessing jasmonate-dependent defenses triggered by pathogens, herbivorous insects, or beneficial Rhizobacteria / Saskia C.M. Van Wees ... [et al.] -- Elicitation of jasmonate-mediated defense responses by mechanical wounding and insect herbivory / Marco Herde, Abraham J.K. Koo, and Gregg A. Howe -- Pseudomonas syringae infection assays in Arabidopsis / Jian Yao, John Withers, and Sheng Yang He -- Jasmonate signaling in the field, part I : elicited changes in jasmonate pools of transgenic Nicotiana attenuata / Emmanuel Gaquerel ... [et al.] -- Jasmonate Signaling in the field, part II : insect-guided characterization of genetic variations in jasmonate-dependent defenses of transgenic and natural Nicotiana attenuata populations / Emmanuel Gaquerel ... [et al.] -- Profiling of jasmonic acid-related metabolites and hormones in wounded leaves / Yusuke Jikumaru -- Non-targeted approach for extended liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry profiling of free and esterified jasmonates after wounding / Gaëtan Glauser and Jean-Luc Wolfender -- Cell-specific detection of jasmonates by means of an immunocytological approach / Bettina Hause, Kati Mielke, and Susanne Forner -- Jasmonic acid-amino acid conjugation enzyme assays / Martha L. Rowe and Paul E. Staswick -- Pull-down analysis of interactions among jasmonic acid core signaling proteins / Sandra Fonseca and Roberto Solano -- Yeast two-hybrid analysis of jasmonate signaling proteins / Amparo Pérez Cuéllar ... [et al.] -- Modified bimolecular fluorescence complementation assay to study the inhibition of transcription complex formation by JAZ proteins / Tiancong Qi, Susheng Song, and Daoxin Xie -- Agroinfiltration of Nicotiana benthamiana leaves for co-localization of regulatory proteins involved in jasmonate signaling / Volkan Çevik and Kemal Kazan -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assay for the analysis of interactions of jasmonic acid-responsive transcription factors with DNA / Johan Memelink -- Transient expression assays in tobacco protoplasts / Robin Vanden Bossche ... [et al.] -- Functional analysis of jasmonic acid-responsive secondary metabolite transporters / Nobukazu Shitan, Akifumi Sugiyama, and Kazufumi Yazaki -- Expression analysis of jasmonate-responsive lectins in plants / Nausicaä Lannoo and Els J.M. Van Damme -- Profiling the jasmonic acid responses by nuclear magnetic resonance-based metabolomics / Hye Kyong Kim, Young Hae Choi, and Robert Verpoorte -- Metabolite profiling of plant tissues by liquid chromatography fourier transform ion cyclotron resonance mass spectrometry / Jacob Pollier and Alain Goossens -- cDNA-AFLP-based transcript profiling for genome-wide expression analysis of jasmonate-treated plants and plant cultures / Janine Colling ... [et al.] -- Analysis of RNA-seq data with TopHat and cufflinks for genome-wide expression analysis of jasmonate-treated plants and plant cultures / Jacob Pollier, Stephane Rombauts, and Alain Goossens -- Transcriptome coexpression analysis using ATTED-II for integrated transcriptomic/metabolomic analysis / Keiko Yonekura-Sakakibara and Kazuki Saito -- Guide to CORNET for the construction of coexpression and protein-protein interaction networks / Stefanie De Bodt and Dirk Inzé.
- 2012edited by Jeffrey L. Noebels, Massimo Avoli, Michael A. Rogawski, Richard W. Olsen, Antonio V. Delgado-Escueta.Introduction -- Fundamentals of neuronal excitability relevant to seizures and epilepsy -- Mechanisms of seizures susceptibility and epileptogenesis -- Epilepsy genes and development -- Epilepsy therapeutics.
- 2012 ClinicalKeyJatin P. Shah, Snehal G. Patel, Bhuvanesh Singh.Basic principles of head and neck surgery -- Scalp and skin -- Eyelids and orbit -- Nasal cavity and paranasal sinuses -- Skull base -- Lips -- Oral cavity -- Pharynx and esophagus -- Larynx and trachea -- Cervical lymph nodes -- Thyroid and parathyroid glands -- Salivary glands -- Neurogenic tumors and paragangliomas -- Soft tissue tumors -- Bone tumors, including odontogenic lesions -- Reconstructive surgery -- Oncologic dentistry, maxillofacial prosthetics, and implants -- Radiation therapy -- Chemotherapy.
- 2007 Springerby Harshawardhan Bal and Johnny Hujol."The science and practice of medicine has undergone a fundamental change as a result of large-scale genome projects that led to the sequencing of a number of important microbial, plant and animal genomes in the last 5 years. This book aims to combine industry standard software engineering and design principles, genomics and bioinformatics and cancer research. It focuses on creating and integrating practical, useful tools for the scientific community in the context of real-life, real-value biomedical problems that researchers face on a routine basis, rather than being just a didactic exercise in learning a programming platform. The book leverages technologies for molecular biology, genomics and bioinformatics and cancer research developed by the NIH, NCI-Center for Bioinformatics (NCICB), the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI, a division of the National Library of Medicine (NLM) at the NIH) and Stanford University."--Publisher.
- John Ferguson Smart.
- 2013 (27th ed.) AccessMedicine26th ed., 2010 AccessMedicineAdelberg, Edward A.; Brooks, George F.; Jawetz, Ernest; Melnick, Joseph L.Also available: Print – 1991-<2016>
- JDBC 4.0 and Oracle JDeveloper for J2EE development : a J2EE developer's guide for using Oracle JDeveloper's integrated database features to build data-driven applicationsDeepak Vohra.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyby David L. Katz [and others].Basic epidemiologic concepts and principles -- Epidemiologic data measurements -- Epidemiologic surveillance and epidemic outbreak investigation -- The study of risk factors and causation -- Common research designs and issues in epidemiology -- Assessment of risk and benefit in epidemiologic studies -- Understanding the quality of data in clinical medicine -- Statistical foundations of clinical decisions -- Describing variation in data -- Statistical inference and hypothesis testing -- Bivariate analysis -- Applying statistics to trial design: sample size, randomization, and control for multiple hypotheses -- Multivariable analysis -- Introduction to preventive medicine -- Methods of primary prevention: health promotion -- Principles and practice of secondary prevention -- Methods of tertiary prevention -- Clinical preventive services (United States Preventive Services Task Force) -- Chronic disease prevention -- Prevention of infectious diseases -- Mental and behavioral health -- Occupational medicine -- Birth outcomes: a global perspective -- Introduction to public health -- Public health system: structure and function -- Public health practice in communities -- Disaster epidemiology and surveillance -- Heatlh management, health administration, and quality improvement -- Health care organization, policy, and financing -- One health: interdependence of people, other species, and the planet.
- 2011 CRCnetBASEedited by Mark L. Witten, Errol Zeiger, Glenn D. Ritchie.Air Force-related jet fuel toxicology research (1991-2010) / Walter J. Kozumbo -- Jet fuel composition / Tim Edwards -- The toxicity and underlying mechanism of jet propulsion fuel-8 on the respiratory system / Simon S. Wong and Mark L. Witten -- Neurotoxicological and neurobehavioral effects from exposure to jet fuels / Glenn D. Ritchie -- Differential protein expression following JP-8 jet fuel exposure / Frank A. Witzmann and Mark L. Witten -- Immune modulation by dermal exposure to jet fuel / Gerardo Ramos and Stephen E. Ullrich -- Absorption, penetration, and cutaneous toxicity of jet fuels and hydrocarbon components / James E. Riviere, Alfred O. Inman, and Nancy Monteiro-Riviere -- Methods of assessing skin irritation and sensitization of jet fuels / R. Jayachandra Babu, Ram Patlolla, and Mandip Singh -- Understanding systemic and local toxicity of JP-8 after cutaneous exposures / James N. McDougal, James V. Rogers, and Richard Simman -- The effects of aerosolized JP-8 jet fuel exposure on the immune system: a review / David T. Harris -- The involvement of poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation in defense against JP-8 jet fuel and other chemical toxicants / Luis A. Espinoza ... [et al.] -- Evaluation of methods used to generate and characterize jet fuel vapor and aerosol for inhalation toxicology studies / Raphaël T. Tremblay, Sheppard A. Martin, and Jeffrey W. Fisher -- Genetic damage in the blood and bone marrow of mice treated with JP-8 jet fuel / Vijayalaxmi -- Computational analyses of JP-8 fuel droplet and vapor depositions in human upper airway models / Clement Kleinstreuer and Zhe Zhang -- Human exposure to Jet Propellant-8 / Raymond H. Tu and Terence H. Risby.
- Jewish pastoral care : a practical handbook from traditional and contemporary sources. 2nd ed., revised and expanded.2010edited by Rabbi Dayle A. Friedman.
- 2011 ebraryDawn M. Formo and Cheryl Reed ; foreword by Kristina Mesaros, Carla Maroudas, and Kevin Degnan.Becoming literate in the employment line : Dr. Strangefield, or, How we learned to stop worrying and love the job search -- Case study 1 : to enter the job market fray or not? -- Writing the script : the application process -- Case study 2 : making your file work : personalize! -- The callback : the professional conference interview -- Case study 3 : the (somewhat) lighter side of the academic job search -- The screen test : the campus interview -- Case study 4 : my job search : a Cinderella story -- Case study 5 : it can be done : getting a tenure-track job as ABD in the Humanities -- Rehearsing for ad-libbing : preparing for (un)anticipated interview questions -- Case study 6 : the ghosts in the machine : women of color and the job market -- The awards ceremony : negotiating the university job contract or deciding to "leave showbiz" -- Case study 7 : managing negotiations with the clock ticking -- Case study 8 : the academic couple -- Case study 9 : reading, writing, and ramen : an academic couple's search for sustainable employment -- Case study 10 : the corporate interview -- Best performance in an underfunded public drama : the tenure-track professorship at the community college -- Case study 11 : a community college candidate's perspective -- Case study 12 : tale of two interviews : how failing to get the job can still lead to important insight -- Case study 13 : calling on your professional experience : securing a votech (vocational technology) teaching position -- In the director's chair : being an ethical academic advisor to students preparing for the job search.
- 2005-6 Ovid, 12th ed.Bartlett, John G.Also available: Print – 1993, 1995, 1997-2002.
- v. 1-3, 1943-1963by Alan M. Chesney, foreword by William H. Howell.I. Early years, 1867-1893.--II. 1893-1905.--III. 1905-1914.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyConte, John V.Preoperative assessment / Maryhelen Miller and Glenn Beauman -- Cardiovascular pharmacological agents / Paul K. Simmonds, Jr., Danial Nyhan, and Dan E. Berkowitz -- Coronary artery disease / Tain-Yen Hsia, Eric A. Peck, and John V. Conte -- Valvular heart disease / David J. Caparelli and John V. Conte -- Diseases of the aorta / Glen D. Quigley, Jason A. Williams, and John V. Conte -- Surgical treatment of cardiac arrhythmias / Ashish S. Shah and William A. Baumgartner -- Heart transplantation and treatment of end-stage heart disease / Jason A. Williams and Brian T. Bethea -- Mechanical devices / Pramod Bonde and John V. Conte -- Postoperative hemodynamic management / Todd Dorman and Daniel Nyhan -- Hemostasis, coagulopathy, and tamponade / Ala' Sami Haddadin Nauder Farraday -- Fluid, electrolyte, and renal function / Jeffrey M. Dodd-O -- Postoperative myocardial ischemia / Edward W. Verde -- Postoperative pulmonary management / Kelly Grogan -- Management of postoperative cardiac arrhythmias / Elizabeth Martinez ... [et al.] -- Postoperative infection in cardiac surgery / Theresa L. Hartsell -- Neurologic sequelae of cardiac surgery / James Weller -- Anticoagulation / Sue Aumick, Valerie Elliot, and Gloria Peithman -- Physical rehabilitation / Melissa Trottman and Amy Pippenger -- Special care issues / Jennifer Moyer, Christina Cafeo, and Mary Lohmann-Edwards.Also available: Print – 2008
- 2015 OvidDepartment of Gynecology and Obstetrics, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine ; editors, Clark T. Johnson, Jennifer L. Hallock, Jessica L. Bienstock, Harold E. Fox, Edward E. Wallach.Also available: Print – 2015
- 2007 Ovideditors, Kimberly B. Fortner ... [et al.].
- 2011 Ovideditors, K. Joseph Hurt ... [et al.].I. Women's Health Care -- Primary and Preventive Care -- Breast Diseases -- Critical Care -- Preconception Counseling and Prenatal Care -- II. Obstetrics -- Normal Labor and Delivery, Operative Delivery, and Malpresentations -- Fetal Assessment -- Complications of Labor and Delivery -- Gestational Complications -- Preterm Labor and Preterm Premature Rupture of Membranes -- Third-Trimester Bleeding -- Perinatal Infections -- Congenital Anomalies -- Endocrine Disorders of Pregnancy -- Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy -- Cardiopulmonary Disorders of Pregnancy -- Renal Disorders, Gastrointestinal Disorders, and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus in Pregnancy -- Hematologic Disorders of Pregnancy -- Alloimmunization -- Surgical Disease and Trauma in Pregnancy -- Postpartum Care and Breast-feeding -- HIV in Pregnancy -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- III. Gynecology -- Anatomy of the Female Pelvis -- Perioperative Care and Complications of Gynecologic Surgery -- Infections of the Genital Tract -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Chronic Pelvic Pain -- Urogynecology and Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery -- Fertility Control: Contraception, Sterilization, and Abortion -- Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault -- Pediatric Gynecology -- IV. Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility -- Infertility and Assisted Reproductive Technologies -- Miscarriage and Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- Menstrual Disorders: Endometriosis, Dysmenorrhea, and Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder -- Evaluation of Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Hyperandrogenism -- Female Sexual Response and Sexual Dysfunction -- Menopause -- V. Gynecologic Oncology -- Diseases of the Vulva and Vagina -- Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia -- Cervical Cancer -- Cancer of the Uterine Corpus -- Ovarian Cancer -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy -- Palliative Care.Also available: Print – 2011
- 2014 AccessSurgeryedited by David D. Yuh, Luca A. Vricella, Stephen C. Yang, John R. Doty.Part I. General thoracic surgery -- Part II. Adult Cardiac Sugery -- Part III. Congenital Cardiac Sugery.
- 2007Martin H. Johnson.Sex -- Gender and sexuality -- Reproductive messengers -- Testicular function in the adult -- Ovarian function in the adult -- Regulation of gonadal function -- Puberty and the maturation of the hypothalamic-pituitary-gonadal axis -- Actions of steroid hormones in the adult -- Coitus and fertilization -- Implantation and the establishment of the placenta -- Maternal recognition and support of pregnancy -- The fetus and its preparations for birth -- Parturition -- Lactation and maternal behaviour -- Fertility.
- 2007 Ovid[edited by] William S. Pease, Henry L. Lew, Ernest W. Johnson.Anatomy for the electromyographer / Denise L. Davis and Ernest W. Johnson -- The essentials of the needle EMG exam / Vivek Kadyan, Ernest W. Johnson, and Denise L. Davis -- Basic nerve conduction techniques / Robert J. Weber and Margaret Turk -- Electrophysiology / Jun Kimura -- Instrumentation / Sanjeev D. Nandedkar -- Advanced needle EMG methods / Erik Stålberg -- Quality improvement and reporting in electrodiagnostic medicine / William S. Pease -- Pictorial guide to muscles and surface anatomy / Henry L. Lew and Su-Ju Tsai -- Pictorial guide to nerve conduction techniques / Henry L. Lew and Su-Ju Tsai -- Entrapment neuropathies and other focal neuropathies (including carpel tunnel syndrome) / Lawrence R. Robinson -- Evaluation of the patient with suspected peripheral neuropathy / James W. Albers -- Electrodiagnostic approach to patients with suspected radiculopathy / Timothy R. Dillingham -- Evaluation of the patient with suspected myopathy / Albert C. Clairmont, Bakri Elsheikh, and Yousef M. Mohammad -- Neuromuscular complications of critical illness: evaluation of the patient with a suspected critical illness neuromuscular disorder / Daniel M.Clinchot -- Evaluation of the patient with suspected neuromuscular junction disorder / William J. Litchy -- Pediatric considerations in electromyography / Rosalind J. Batley.Also available: Print – 2007
- 2016 SpringerAnne-Laure Sutter-Dallay, Nine M-C. Glangeaud-Freudenthal, Antoine Guedeney, Anita Riecher-Rössler, editors.This book addresses key issues in perinatal mental health and discusses the different types of psychiatric care that may be appropriate for pregnant women, parents, and infants, with emphasis on the need for joint care. The wide range of preventive measures, mainly applicable in primary care, and the various potential curative interventions are examined in detail, with coverage of ambulatory care, day care, and the role of mother and baby units. The importance of working in networks and joint decision-making strategies is explained. In addition, an overview of maternal perinatal psychopathology is provided, and other relevant aspects are fully discussed, including the establishment of parent-infant interactions and the impacts of parental psychiatric illness on parenting skills and infant development. The book will be invaluable for adult and child psychiatrists, psychologists, psychotherapists, midwives, nurses, and all others involved in the provision of perinatal psychiatric care.
- 2005 CRCnetBASEErik Hollnagel, David D. Woods.
- 2013 SpringerSergio Lopes Viana, Maria Custódia Machado Ribeiro, Bruno Beber Machado.Since the advent of cross-sectional imaging methods, few works have been devoted to pediatric musculoskeletal imaging, and information is especially limited on the skeletally immature joint. Furthermore, reduced emphasis on pediatric training means that general radiologists are increasingly unfamiliar with normal and abnormal imaging findings in children and adolescents. Knowledge of the imaging appearances of the immature joint is, however, crucial for correct image interpretation. This book covers key selected topics in the imaging evaluation of the skeletally immature joint. The opening chapters consider the current role, advantages, and limitations of each modality in pediatric assessment and present the imaging appearances of anatomic and developmental peculiarities of the growing skeleton. Findings in a wide range of important conditions are then described in a series of richly illustrated chapters that document appearances on diverse imaging studies, from conventional radiography through to modern high-tech modalities. By presenting the essential information on imaging of the immature joint, the authors hope to provide radiologists (musculoskeletal specialists and generalists alike) with a new tool that will assist greatly in overcoming the daily challenges posed by interpretation of pediatric examinations in the twenty-first century. The book will also be of interest to all other specialists involved in the diagnosis and treatment of children and adolescents with articular complaints.
- 2006Susan L. Edmond.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEDimitris Rizopoulos."Preface Joint models for longitudinal and time-to-event data have become a valuable tool in the analysis of follow-up data. These models are applicable mainly in two settings: First, when focus is in the survival outcome and we wish to account for the effect of an endogenous time-dependent covariate measured with error, and second, when focus is in the longitudinal outcome and we wish to correct for nonrandom dropout. Due to their capability to provide valid inferences in settings where simpler statistical tools fail to do so, and their wide range of applications, the last 25 years have seen many advances in the joint modeling field. Even though interest and developments in joint models have been widespread, information about them has been equally scattered in articles, presenting recent advances in the field, and in book chapters in a few texts dedicated either to longitudinal or survival data analysis. However, no single monograph or text dedicated to this type of models seems to be available. The purpose in writing this book, therefore, is to provide an overview of the theory and application of joint models for longitudinal and survival data. In the literature two main frameworks have been proposed, namely the random effects joint model that uses latent variables to capture the associations between the two outcomes (Tsiatis and Davidian, 2004), and the marginal structural joint models based on G estimators (Robins et al., 1999, 2000). In this book we focus in the former. Both subfields of joint modeling, i.e., handling of endogenous time-varying covariates and nonrandom dropout, are equally covered and presented in real datasets"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2015 SpringerE. Carlos Rodriguez-Merchan, editor.This book provides clear instruction on the surgical treatment of joint problems in adult hemophilia patients. The procedures applicable to specific joints, including the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, and ankle, are carefully reviewed with the aid of high-quality illustrations. The surgical treatment of articular hemophilic pseudotumors and bone cysts is also considered. In addition, clinically relevant information is provided on a range of topics, such as the treatment of hemophilic hemarthroses, the imaging of hemophilic joints, hematological perioperative management, anesthesia, rehabilitation, and pharmacoeconomics. Finally, the controversial issues of postoperative thromboembolic prophylaxis and the role of COX-2 inhibitors in hemophiliacs are reviewed. The guidance provided draws on both the authors? extensive personal experience and an in-depth review of the pertinent literature. The book offers an excellent, up-to-date account of knowledge on musculoskeletal problems and approaches to joint surgery in adults with hemophilia. It will be of value to orthopedic surgeons, rehabilitation physicians, hematologists, radiologists, and pharmacy researchers.
- 1978-edited by Leon Sokoloff ; contributors, Roger Dee ... [et al.].
- Jokichi Takamine : the man who gave "adrenaline" to the world : English translation of the panels exhibited at the National Science Museum, Tokyo, Japan, December 10, 2004-January 10, 2005 in commemoration of the 150th anniversary of Takamine's birth.2007Ishida, Mitsuo; Nakatsugawa, Tsutomu.
- 2015Charlotte DeCroes Jacobs."He first full biography of Jonas Salk offers a complete picture of the enigmatic figure, from his early years working on an influenza vaccine--for which he never fully got credit--to his seminal creation of the Polio vaccine, up through his later work to find a cure for AIDS"-- Provided by publisher.
- 2005 Ovidedited by C. Ronald Kahn ... [et al.].Also available: Print – 2005
- v. 1-70, 1973-2005. ScienceDirectAlso available: Print – v. 1, 27, 1973, 1984.
- Journey into the heart : a tale of pioneering doctors and their race to transform cardiovascular medicine2007David Monagan ; with David O. Williams, medical editor.
- edited by Gemma Blackshaw and Sabine Wieber.The Mad objects of fin-de-siècle Vienna : journeys, contexts, and dislocations in the exhibition 'Madness and modernity' / Leslie Topp -- Solving riddles : Freud, Vienna, and the historiography of madness / Steven Beller -- Symphonies and psychosis in Mahler's Vienna / Gavin Plumley -- Creating an appropriate social milieu : journeys to health at a sanatorium for nervous disorders / Nicola Imrie -- Travel to the spas : the growth of health tourism in Central Europe 1850-1914 / Jill Steward -- Vienna's most fashionable neurasthenic : Empress Sisi and the cult of size zero / Sabine Wieber -- Peter Altenberg : authoring madness in Vienna circa 1900 / Gemma Blackshaw -- Hell is not interesting, it is terrifying : a reading of the madhouse chapter in Robert Musil's The man without qualities -- Reason dazzled : Klimt, Krakauer, and Eyes of the Medusa / Luke Heighton -- Mapping the sanatorium : Heinrich Obersteiner and the art of psychiatric patients in Oberdbling around 1900 / Anna Lehninger -- The Wuerttemberg Asylum of Schussenried : a psychiatric space and its encounter with literature and culture from the outside / Thomas Mueller and Frank Kuhn.
- Joy of science : an examination of how scientists ask and answer questions using the story of evolution as a paradigm2007 Springeredited by Richard A. Lockshin.How science works -- Origin of the theory of evolution: time and change -- Origin of the theory of evolution: social aspects -- Molecular basis of evolutionary theory -- History of the earth and the origin of life -- Origin of species -- Evolution of humans.
- 2005 ebraryPeter Filene ; foreword by Ken Bain.Understanding yourself as a teacher -- Understanding your students -- Defining your aims and outcomes -- Constructing a syllabus -- Lecturing -- Discussing -- Broadening the learning environment -- Evaluating and grading -- Relating to students -- Teaching and not perishing.
- Justin Edelson and Henry Liu.
- 2013 (13th ed.) AccessMedicineJunqueira, Luiz Carlos Uchôa; Mescher, Anthony L.Also available: Print – 2013-<2016>
- 2005 CRCnetBASEedited by Haruki Yamada, Ikuo Saiki.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.