- V(D)J recombination ....................
- — Viral hemorrhagic fevers ...............
- Viral Hepatitis C. Frequently Asked Q...
- — Vulva & vagina manual ..................
- V(D)J recombination 2009, SpringerEarly steps of V(D)J rearrangement : insights from biochemical studies of RAG-RSS complexes / Patrick C. Swanson, Sushil Kumar, and Prafulla Raval -- Regulation of RAG transposition / Adam G.W. Matthews and Marjorie A. Oettinger -- Recent insights into the formation of RAG-induced chromosomal translocations / Vicky L. Brandt and David B. Roth -- V(D)J recombination deficiencies / Jean-Pierre de Villartay -- Large-scale chromatin remodeling at the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus : a paradigm for multigene regulation / Daniel J. Bolland, Andrew L. Wood, and Anne E. Corcoran -- Genetic and epigenetic control of V gene rearrangement frequency / Ann J. Feeney -- Dynamic aspects of TCRa gene recombination : qualitative and quantitative assessments of the TCRa chain repertoire in man and mouse / Evelyne Jouvin-Marche, Patrizia Fuschiotti, and Patrice Noël Marche -- Germline transcription : a key regulator of accessibility and recombination / Iratxe Abarrategui and Michael S. Krangel --Dynamic regulation of antigen receptor gene assembly / Lance R. Thomas, Robin Milley Cobb, and Eugene M. Oltz -- Molecular genetics at the T-cell receptor b locus : insights into the regulation of V(D)J recombination / Marie Bonnet, Pierre Ferrier, and Salvatore Spicuglia -- Molecular pathways and mechanisms regulating the recombination of immunoglobulin genes during B-lymphocyte development / Kristen Johnson, Karen L. Reddy, and Harinder Singh -- Regulation of V(D)J recombinationby E-protein transcription factors / Mary Elizabeth Jones and Yuan Zhuang -- Temporal and spatial regulation of V(D)J recombination : interactions of extrinsic factors with the RAG complex / Yun Liu, Li Zhang, and Stephen Desiderio -- V(D)J recombination : of mice and sharks / Ellen Hsu -- Normal and pathological V(D)J recombination : contribution to the understanding of human lymphoid malignancies / Saïda Dadi ... [et al.].
- Vaccination Lane Catalog record
- Vaccine adjuvants 2006, SpringerMicrobial pathogenesis and the discovery of toll-like receptor function / Bruce Beutler -- Dendritic cells: targets for immune modulation by microbes and immunologists / Bali Pulendran ... [et al.] -- Achieving transcriptional specificity in NF-[gamma]B-dependent inflammatory gene expression / Gioacchino Natoli -- Adjuvants and the initiation of t-cell responses / Matthew F. Mescher, Julie M. Curtsinger, and Marc Jenkins -- Mechanism for recognition of CpG DNA / Kiyoshi Takeda, Hiroaki Hemmi, and Shizuo Akira -- CpG ODN as a Th1 immune enhancer for prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines / Arthur M. Kried and Heather L. Davis -- Modified bacterial toxins / Ed C. Lavelle, Olive Leavy, and Kingston H.G. Mills -- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchors as natural immunological adjuvants derived from protozoan parasites / Ricardo T. Gazzinelli ... [et al.] -- The immunomodulatory glycan LNFPIII/Lewis X functions as a potent adjuvant for protein antigens / Mitsuhiro Okano ... [et al.] -- Immune and antiviral effects of the synthetic immunomodulator murabutide: molecular basis and clinical potential / George M. Bahr -- Effect of QS-21 on innate and adaptive immune responses / Charlotte Read Kensil ... [et al.] -- Monophosphoryl lipid A and synthetic lipid a mimetics as TLR4-based adjuvants and immunomodulators / Jory Baldridge ... [et al.] -- Microparticles and DNA vaccines / Kimberly Denis-Mize ... [et al.].
- Vaccine adjuvants Springer Protocols
- Development of vaccine adjuvants : a historical perspective / Gary Ott and Gary Van Nest -- Antigen processing and presentation / Subash Sad -- Mechanisms of adjuvant action / Nils Lycke -- Aluminum-containing adjuvants : properties, formulation, and use / Stanley L. Hem and Harm HogenEsch -- MF59 : a safe and potent oil-in-water emulsion adjuvant / Derek T. O'Hagan and Manmohan Singh -- TLR4 agonists as vaccine adjuvants / David A. Johnson and Jory R. Baldridge -- Immunostimulatory CpG oligodeoxynucleotides as vaccine adjuvants / Dennis M. Klinman, Debbie Currie, and Hidekazu Shirota -- Small molecule immunopotentiators as vaccine adjuvants / Fengfeng Xu, Nicholas M. Valiante, and Jeffrey B. Ulmer -- New ISCOMs meet unsettled vaccine demands / Bror Morein ... [et al.] -- Surface-charged poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microparticles as novel antigen delivery systems / Manmohan Singh ... [et al.] -- Liposomal cytokines and liposomes targeted to co-stimulatory molecules as adjuvants for HIV subunit vaccines / Bulent Ozpolat and Lawrence B. Lachman -- Archaeosome vaccine adjuvants for cross-priming CD8+ T-cell immunity / Lakshmi Krishnan and G. Dennis Sprott -- Mucosal adjuvants and delivery systems / Michael Vajdy -- Cytokines as vaccine adjuvants / Nejat K. Egilmez -- Polyphosphazenes as vaccine adjuvants / Alexander K. Andrianov -- Vaccine delivery by transdermal electroporation / Amit Misra -- Nonclinical safety assessment of vaccines and the evaluation of novel adjuvants and delivery systems / Jose A. Lebron ... [et al.] -- Safety evaluation of vaccine adjuvants / Erik B. Lindblad.
- Vaccine book 2003, ScienceDirect
- Vaccine cell substrates 2004 Lane Catalog record
- Vaccine protocols. 2nd ed. 2003, Springer Protocols
- Vaccine. 1st ed. 2007In this account of vaccination's miraculous, inflammatory past and its uncertain future, journalist Arthur Allen reveals a history both illuminated with hope and shrouded by controversy--from Edward Jenner's discovery of smallpox vaccine in 1796 to Pasteur's vaccines for rabies and cholera, to those that safeguarded the children of the twentieth century, and finally to the tumult currently surrounding vaccination. Faced with threats from anthrax to AIDS, we are a vulnerable population and can no longer depend on vaccines; numerous studies have linked childhood vaccination with various neurological disorders, and our pharmaceutical companies are more attracted to the profits of treatment than to the prevention of disease.--From publisher description.
- Vaccines against allergies 2011, SpringerImmunological approaches for tolerance induction in allergy -- Clinical experience with recombinant molecules for allergy vaccination -- Allergen-specific immunotherapy with recombinant allergens -- Vaccine approaches for food allergy -- Intralymphatic immunotherapy: From the rationale to human applications -- Induction of allergen-specific tolerance via mucosal routes -- T cell epitope-based allergy vaccines -- Allergen-specific immunotherapy: Towards combination vaccines for allergic and infectious diseases -- Passive immunization with allergen-specific antibodies -- Cell-based therapy in allergy -- Current strategies for allergen-specific immunotherapy at its centenary.
- Vaccines for biodefense and emerging and neglected diseases. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Vaccines for pandemic influenza 2009, SpringerPart I. Pandemic Influenza Overview -- Pandemic influenza as a current threat -- Antigenic cross-reactivity among H5N1 Viruses -- -- Part II. Current Approaches for Human and Avian Vaccine Production -- Seasonal influenza vaccines -- Generation and characterization of candidate vaccine viruses for pre-pandemic influenza vaccines -- Live attenuated vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Influenza vaccines for avian species -- Development and application of avian influenza vaccines in China -- -- Part III. Novel Vaccine Approaches -- Designing vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Attenuated influenza virus vaccines with modified NS1 proteins -- DNA Vaccines against Influenza viruses -- Recombinant proteins produced in insect cells -- Influenza neuraminidase as a vaccine antigen -- Recombinant vectors as influenza vaccines -- Influenza virus-like particles as pandemic vaccines -- Pandemic influenza vaccines -- Adjuvants for pandemic influenza vaccines -- -- Part IV. Novel Approaches of Vaccine Delivery -- Transcutaneous immunization with influenza vaccines -- Microneedle-based vaccines -- -- Part V. Vaccine Evaluation, Production and Distribution -- Animal models for evaluation of influenza vaccines -- Immunosenescence and influenza vaccine efficacy -- Vaccines for pandemic influenza: summary of recent clinical trials -- Considerations for licensure of influenza vaccines with pandemic and pre-pandemic indications -- Strategies for broad global access to pandemic influenza -- Prioritization of pandemic influenza vaccine: rationale and strategy for decision-making.
- Vaccines. 4th ed. 2004
- Vaccines. 5th ed. 2008A short history of vaccination / Susan L. Plotkin, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Vaccine immunology / Claire-Anne Siegrist -- The vaccine industry / R. Gordon Douglas, Jerald C. Sadoff, Vijay B. Samant -- Vaccine manufacturing / Phillip L. Gomez, James M. Robinson, Joseph A. Rogalewicz -- Immunologic adjuvants / Frederick R. Vogel, Stanley L. Hem -- Vaccine additives and manufacturing residuals in United States-licenced vaccines / Theresa M. Finn, William Egan -- General immunization practices / William L. Atkinson, Andrew L. Kroger, Larry K. Pickering -- Anthrax vaccines / Philip S. Brachman, Arthur M. Friedlander, John D. Grabenstein -- Cholera vaccines / Carol O. Tacket, David A. Sack -- Diphtheria toxoid / Charles R. Vitek, Melinda Wharton -- Haemophilus influenzae vaccines / Aruna Chandran, James P. Watt, Mathuram Santosham -- Hepatitis A vaccines / Anthony E. Fiore, Stephen M. Feinstone, Beth P. Bell -- Hepatitis B vaccines / Eric E. Mast, John W. Ward -- Human papillomavirus vaccines / John T. Schiller, Ian H. Frazer, Douglas R. Lowy -- Inactivated influenza vaccines / Carolyn B. Bridges ... [et al.] -- Influenza vaccine--live / Robert B. Belshe ... [et al.] -- Japanese encephalitis virus vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, Julie Jacobson -- Measles vaccines / Peter M. Strebel ... [et al.] -- Meningococcal vaccines / Dan M. Granoff, Lee H. Harrison, Ray Borrow -- Mumps vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Steven A. Rubin -- Pertussis vaccines / Kathryn M. Edwards, Michael D. Decker -- Plague vaccines / E. Diane Williamson, Andrew J. Simpson, Richard W. Titball -- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and pneumococcal common protein vaccines / Steven Black ... [et al.] -- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccines / Lisa A. Jackson, Kathleen M. Neuzil -- Poliovirus vaccine-inactivated / Stanley A. Plotkin, Emmanuel Vidor -- Poliovirus vaccine-live / Roland W. Sutter, Olen M. Kew, Stephen L. Cochi -- Rabies vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Hilary Koprowski, Charles E. Rupprecht -- Rotavirus vaccines / H. Fred Clark ... [et al.] -- Rubella vaccine / Stanley A. Plotkin, Susan E. Reef -- Smallpox and vaccinia / Donald A. Henderson, Luciana L. Borio, John D. Grabenstein -- Tetanus toxoid / Steven G.F. Wassilak ... [et al.] -- Tick-borne encephalitis virus vaccines / P. Noel Barrett, Stanley A. Plotkin, Hartmut J. Ehrlich -- Tuberculosis vaccines / Kim Connelly Smith, Ian M. Orme, Jeffrey R. Starke -- Typhoid fever vaccines / Myron M. Levine -- Varicella vaccine / Anne A. Gershon, Michiaki Takahashi, Jane F. Seward -- Yellow fever vaccine / Thomas P. Monath, Martin S. Cetron, Dirk E. Teuwen -- Zoster vaccine / Myron J. Levin -- Combination vaccines / Michael D. Decker, Kathryn M. Edwards, Hugues H. Bogaerts -- Adenovirus vaccines / Charlotte A. Gaydos, Gregory C. Gray -- Biodefense and special pathogen vaccines / Philip Pittman, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Therapeutic cancer vaccines / Neil L. Berinstein, David Spaner -- Cytomegalovirus vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin -- Dengue vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, David W. Vaughn -- Diarrheal disease vaccines / James P. Nataro, Eileen M. Barry -- Ebola vaccines / Nancy J. Sullivan, Gary J. Nabel -- Epstein-Barr virus vaccines / Joanne E. Davis, Denis J. Moss -- Hepatitis C virus vaccines / Eva Reali, Michael Houghton, Sergio Abrignani -- Hepatitis E virus vaccines / Robert H. Purcell, Suzanne U. Emerson -- Herpes simplex virus vaccines / Lawrence R. Stanberry -- Human immunodeficiency virus vaccines / Marc P. Girard, Wayne C. Koff -- Lyme disease vaccines / Allen C. Steere -- Malaria vaccines / Filip Dubovsky, Elissa Malkin -- Noninfectious disease vaccines / George R. Siber -- Respiratory syncytial virus and parainfluenza virus vaccines / Ruth A. Karron -- Parasitic disease vaccines / Peter J. Hotez, Jeffrey M. Bethony -- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) vaccines / Bart L. Haagmans, Albert D.M.E. Osterhaus -- Staphylococcus aureus vaccines / Robert S. Daum -- Streptococcus group A vaccines / Karen L. Kotloff -- Streptococcus group B vaccines / C. Mary Healy, Carol J. Baker -- Technologies for making new vaccines / Ronald W. Ellis -- Alternative vaccine delivery methods / Bruce G. Weniger, Mark J. Papania -- The development of gene-based vectors for immunization / Gary J. Nabel --- Vaccination in the immunocompromised host / Per Ljungman -- Vaccination of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons / William J. Moss, Neal A. Halsey -- Vaccines for international travel / Elizabeth D. Barnett, Phyllis E. Kozarsky, Robert Steffen -- Vaccines for health care workers / David J. Weber, William A. Rutala -- Immunization in the United States / Walter A. Orenstein ... [et al.] -- Immunization in Europe / David M. Salisbury, John S. Spika -- Immunization in the Asia-Pacific region / Theodore F. Tsai, Zhi Yi Xu -- Immunization in developing countries / Stephen C. Hadler ... [et al.] -- Community immunity / Paul E.M. Fine, Kim Mulholland -- Economic analyses of vaccine policies / Mark A. Miller, Alan R. Hinman -- Regulation and testing of vaccines / Norman W. Baylor, Karen Midthun -- Vaccine safety / Paul A. Offit, Robert L. Davis, Deborah Gust -- Legal issues / Geoffrey Evans, Emily Marcus Levine, Elizabeth H. Saindon -- Ethics / Arthur L. Caplan, Jason L. Schwartz.
- Vaccinia virus and poxvirology 2004, Springer ProtocolsAn in vitro transcription system for studying Vaccinia virus early genes / Steven S. Broyles and Marcia Kremer -- An in vitro transcription system for studying Vaccinia virus late genes / Cynthia F. Wright -- Studying Vaccinia virus RNA processing in vitro / Paul D. Gershon -- Methods for analysis of poxvirus DNA replication / Paula Traktman and Kathleen Boyle -- Studying the binding and entry of the intracellular and extracellular enveloped forms of Vaccinia virus / Mansun Law and Geoffrey L. Smith -- Pox, dyes, and videotape: making movies of GFP-labeled Vaccinia virus / Brian M. Ward -- Interaction analysis of viral cytokine-binding proteins: using surface plasmon resonance / Bruce T. Seet and Grant McFadden -- Monitoring of human immunological responses to Vaccinia virus / Richard Harrop ... [et al.] -- Vaccinia virus as a tool for immunologic studies / Nia Tatsis, Gomathinayagam Sinnathamby, and Laurence C. Eisenlohr -- Mouse models for studying orthopoxvirus respiratory infections / Jill Schriewer, R. Mark L. Buller, and Gelita Owens --Viral glycoprotein-mediated cell fusion assays using Vaccinia virus vectors / Katharine N. Bossart and Christopher C. Broder -- Use of dual recombinant Vaccinia virus vectors to assay viral glycoprotein-mediated fusion with transfection-resistant primary cell targets / Yanjie Yi ... [et al.] -- Poxvirus bioinformatics / Chris Upton -- Preparation and use of molluscum contagiosum virus from human tissue biopsy specimens / Nadja V. Melquiot and Joachim J. Bugert.Working safely with Vaccinia virus: laboratory technique and the role of Vaccinia vaccination / Stuart N. Isaacs -- Construction and isolation of recombinant Vaccinia virus using genetic markers / María M. Lorenzo, Inmaculada Galindo, and Rafael Blasco -- Construction of recombinant Vaccinia virus: cloning into the thymidine kinase locus / Chelsea M. Byrd and Dennis E. Hruby -- Transient and inducible expression of Vaccinia/T7 recombinant viruses / Mohamed Ragaa Mohamed and Edward G. Niles -- Construction of recombinant Vaccinia viruses using leporipoxvirus-catalyzed recombination and reactivation of orthopoxvirus DNA / Xiao-Dan Yao and David H. Evans -- Construction of cDNA libraries in Vaccinia virus / Ernest S. Smith, Shuying Shi, and Maurice Zauderer -- Construction and isolation of recombinant MVA / Caroline Staib, Ingo Drexler, and Gerd Sutter -- Growing poxviruses and determining virus titer / Girish J. Kotwal and Melissa-Rose Abrahams -- Rapid preparation of Vaccinia virus DNA template for analysis and cloning by PCR / Rachel L. Roper -- Orthopoxvirus diagnostics / Hermann Meyer, Inger K. Damon, and Joseph J. Esposito --
- Vaginal surgery for incontinence and prolapse 2006, Springer
- Validating medical packaging 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Validating pharmaceutical systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Validation standard operating procedures 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Valuation and conservation of biodiversity 2005, Springer
- Valuation in life sciences 2007, Springer
- Valuation in life sciences. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Value of health 2007
- Valuing water, valuing livelihoods 2011, WHO"This publication addresses the broader issues of social cost-benefit analysis performed on options to invest in drinking-water supplies, with a focus on small community suppliers"--Back cover.
- Valvular heart disease in clinical practice 2009, SpringerThe Mitral Valve Disease / Michael Henein and John Pepper -- Aortic Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Joseph Maalouf -- Right Heart Valve Disease / Michael Henein -- Pulmonary Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Wei Li -- Stress Echo in Valvular Heart Disease / Eugenio Picano -- Valve Substitutes / John Chambers -- Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis / Maurizio Galderisim and Sergio Mondillo.
- Vander's Renal physiology. 6th ed. Lane Catalog record
- Vander's Renal physiology. 8th ed. 2013, AccessMedicineRenal functions, basic processes and anatomy -- Renal blood flow and glomerular filtration -- Clearance -- Basic transport mechanisms -- Renal handling of organic substances -- Basic renal processes for sodium, chloride, and water -- Regulation of sodium and water excretion -- Regulation of potassium balance -- Regulation of acid-base balance -- Regulation of calcium, magnesium and phosphate.
- Variation 2005, ScienceDirectVariation and variability : central concepts in biology / Benedikt Hallgrímsson and Brian K. Hall -- Variation from Darwin to the modern synthesis / Peter J. Bowler -- The statistics of variation / Leigh Van Valen -- Landmark morphometrics and the analysis of variation / Joan T. Richtsmeier, Subhash R. Lele, and Theodore M. Cole III -- Variation in ontogeny / Donna Carlson Jones and Rebecca Z. German -- Constraints on variation from genotype through phenotype to fitness / Lauren Ancel Meyers -- Developmental origins of variation / Ellen Larsen -- Canalization, cryptic variation, and developmental buffering : a critical examination and analytical perspective / Ian Dworkin -- Mutation and phenotypic variation : where is the connection? : capacitators, stressors, phenotypic variability, and evolutionary change / Ary A. Hoffmann and John A. McKenzie -- Within individual variation : developmental noise versus developmental stability / Katherine E. Willmore and Benedikt Hallgrímsson -- Developmental constraints, modules, and evolvability / Christian Peter Klingenberg -- Developmental regulation of variability / Miriam Leah Zelditch -- Role of stress in evolution : from individual adaptability to evolutionary adaptation / Alexander V. Badyaev -- Environmentally contingent variation : phenotypic plasticity and norms of reaction / Sonia E. Sultan and Stephen C. Stearns -- Variation and life-history evolution / Derek A. Roff -- Antisymmetry / A. Richard Palmer -- Variation in structure and its relationship to function : correlation, explanation, and extrapolation / Anthony P. Russell and Aaron M. Bauer -- A universal generative tendency toward increased organismal complexity / Daniel W. McShea -- Variation and versatility in macroevolution / V. Louise Roth -- Variation and developmental biology : prospects for the future / David M. Parichy -- Phenogenetics : genotypes, phenotypes, and variation / Samuel Sholtis and Kenneth M. Weiss -- The study of phenotypic variability : an emerging research agenda for understanding the developmental-genetic architecture underlying phenotypic variation / Benedikt Halgrímsson, Jevon James Yardley Brown, and Brian K. Hall.
- Variation in health care spending 2013, NAP"Variation in Health Care Spending investigates geographic variation in health care spending and quality for Medicare beneficiaries as well as other populations, and analyzes Medicare payment policies that could encourage high-value care. This report concludes that regional differences in Medicare and commercial health care spending and use are real and persist over time. Furthermore, there is much variation within geographic areas, no matter how broadly or narrowly these areas are defined. The report recommends against adoption of a geographically based value index for Medicare payments, because the majority of health care decisions are made at the provider or health care organization level, not by geographic units. Rather, to promote high value services from all providers, Medicare and Medicaid Services should continue to test payment reforms that offer incentives to providers to share clinical data, coordinate patient care, and assume some financial risk for the care of their patients."--Publisher's description.
- Varicella-zoster virus 2010, SpringerThe Varicella-zoster virus genome -- VZV molecular epidemiology -- Roles of cellular transcription factors in VZV replication -- Effects of Varicella-zoster virus on cell cycle regulatory pathways -- Varicella-zoster virus open reading frame 66 protein kinase and its relationship to alphaherpesvirus US3 kinases -- VZV ORF 47 serine protein kinase and its viral substrates -- Overview of Varicella-zoster virus glycoproteins gC, gH and gL -- Analysis of the function of glycoproteins E and I and their promoters during VZV replication in virto and in skin and T cell xenografts in the SCID mouse model of VZV pathogenesis -- Varicella-zoster virus glycoprotein M -- Varicella zoster virus immune evasion strategies -- VZV Infection of keratinocytes: production of cell-free infectious virions in vivo -- Varicella-zoster virus T cell tropism and the pathogenesis of skin infection -- Experimental models to study varicella zoster virus infection of neurons -- Molecular characterization of Varicella zoster virus (VZV) in latently infected human ganglia: physical state and abundance of VZV DNA, quantitation of viral transcripts and detection of VZV-specific proteins -- Neurological disease produced by Varicella zoster virus reactivation without rash -- Varicella-zoster virus neurotropism in SCID mouse-human DRG xenografts -- Rodent models of Varicella-zoster virus neurotropism -- Simian Varicella virus: molecular virology -- Simian Varicella virus pathogenesis -- Varicella-zoster virus vaccine : molecular genetics -- VZV T-cell-mediated immunity -- Perspectives on vaccines against Varicella-zoster virus infections.
- Development of vascular access surgery -- Patient assessment and planning for vascular access surgery -- Anesthesia for vascular access surgery -- Surgical anatomy for hemodialysis access -- Physiology of the arteriovenous fistula -- Thrombophilia as a cause of recurrent vascular access thrombosis in hemodialysis patients -- Biologic properties of venous access devices -- Biologic response to prosthetic dialysis grafts -- Strategies to reduce intimal hyperplasia in dialysis access grafts -- Epidemiology and pathophysiology of chronic renal failure and guidelines for initiation of hemodialysis -- Autologous arteriovenous fistulas: direct radiocephalic anastomosis for hemodialysis access -- Autogenous vein for fistulas and interposition grafts -- Basili vein transposition: a modern autogenous vascular access for hemodialysis -- Interposition arteriovenous grafts (bridge fistulas) for hemodialysis -- New synthetic grafts and early access -- Central venous cannulation for hemodialysis access -- Access in the neonatal and pediatric patient -- Surveillance, revision, and outcome of vascular access procedures for hemodialysis -- Endovascular management of dialysis graft stenosis -- Axillosubclavian vein thrombosis -- Complications of vascular access: thrombosis, venous hypertension, congestive heart failure, neuropathy, and aneurysm -- Dialysis access-associated ischemic steal syndrome -- Vascular access neuropathic syndrome: ischemic monomelic neuropathy -- Infection in vascular access procedures -- Assessment and intervention for arteriovenous fistula maturation -- Coordination and patient care in vascular access -- Cardiovascular consequences of rapid hemodialysis -- Peritoneal dialysis -- Socioeconomic implications of vascular access surgery -- Ultrasound in vascular access -- Reflections on four decades of experience in vascular access surgery -- Organizing hemodialysis access: the kaiser permanente southern California experience -- Should the KDOQI guidelines for first time dialysis access apply to all patients? -- Ten mistakes to avoid in dialysis access surgery -- Placement of indwelling venous access systems -- Vascular access for trauma, emergency surgery, and critical care -- Complications of percutaneous vascular access procedures and their management.
- Vascular and interventional radiology Lane Catalog record
- Patient evaluation and care -- Standard angiographic and interventional techniques -- Pathogenesis of vascular diseases -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Pelvic and lower extremity arteries -- Upper extremity arteries -- Renal arteries and veins -- Mesenteric arteries -- Hepatic, splenic, and portal vascular systems -- Endocrine, exocrine, and reproductive systems -- Pulmonary and bronchial arteries -- Lower extremity veins -- Inferior vena cava -- Upper extremity veins and superior vena cava -- Vascular access placement and foreign body retrieval -- Hemodialysis access -- Lymphatic system -- Percutaneous biopsy -- Transcatheter fluid drainage -- Gastrointestinal interventions -- Biliary system -- Urologic and genital systems.
- Vascular biology protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsRat carotid artery balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Histological and morphometric analyses for rat carotid balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Plaque rupture model in mice / Takeshi Sasaki, Kae Nakamura and Masafumi Kuzuya -- Immunostaining of mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Hong Lu, Debra L. Rateri and Alan Daugherty -- Surgical animal model of ventricular hypertrophy / Giuseppe Marano and Alberto U. Ferrari -- Animal models of hypertension / Brett M. Mitchell, Thomas Wallerath and Ulrich Förstermann -- Rat models of cardiac insulin resistance / Sanjoy Ghosh, Brian Rodrigues and Jun Ren -- The Isolated, perfused pseudo-working heart model / Gary J. Grover and Rajni Singh -- Altering and analyzing glucose metabolism in perfused hearts of transgenic mice / Rajakumar V. Donthi and Paul N. Epstein -- Methods in the evaluation of cardiovascular renin angiotensin aldosterone activation and oxidative stress / Camila Manrique -- Detection and quantification of apoptosis in the vasculature / Wendy A. Boivin and David J. Granville -- Endothelial progenitor cell and mesenchymal stem cell isolation, characterization, viral transduction / Keith R. Brunt, Sean R. R. Hall, Christopher A. Ward, and Luis G. Melo -- Assessment of endothelial damage/dysfunction: a focus on circulating endothelial cells / Christopher J. boos, Andrew D. Blann, and Gregory Y. H. Lip -- Evaluation of endothelial function by in vivo microscopy / Rosario Scalia -- Hapotaxis of endothelial cell migration under flow / Steve Hsu, Rahul Thakar, and Song Li -- Isolation, culture, and functional analysis of adult mouse cardiomyocytes / Ronglih Liao and Mohit Jain -- Mechanical measurement of contractile function of isolated ventricular myocytes / Loren E. Wold and Jun Ren -- Studying ischemia and reperfusion in isolated neonatal rat ventricular myocytes using coverslip hypoxia / Kelly R. Pitts and Christopher F. Toombs -- Isolation and functional studies of rat aortic smooth muscle cells / Nair Sreejayan and Xiaoping Yang -- Detection of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide in vascular cells and tissues / Hua Cai, Sergey Dikalow, Kathy K. Griendling, and David G. Harrison -- Assessment of protein glycoxidation in ventricular tissues / Shi-Yan Li and Jun Ren -- Assessment of PI-3 kinase and Akt in ischemic heart diseases in diabetes / Takashi Matsui and Amy J. Davidoff -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis in platelet proteomics research / Ángel García -- Stem cell therapy in the heart and vasculature / Loren E. Wold, Wangde Dai, Joan S. Dow, and Robert A. Kloner.
- Vascular complications in human disease 2008, Springer
- Vascular CT angiography manual 2011, SpringerCT basics -- Concepts in radiation -- Technical aspects of vascular CT angiography -- Carotid and upper extremity CT angiography -- Thoracic aortic CT angiography -- Abdominal aortic CT angiography -- Peripheral arterial CT angiography.
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- Vascular diagnosis 2005
- Vascular disruptive agents for the treatment of cancer 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pre-clinical development -- The Discovery and Characterisation of Tumour Endothelial Markers / Dario Neri and Roy Bicknell -- The Use of Animal Models in the Assessment of Tumour Vascular Disrupting Agents (VDAs) / R. Barbara Pedley and Gillian M. Tozer -- Combination Therapy with Chemotherapy and VDAs / Giulia Taraboletti, Katiuscia Bonezzi and Raffaella Giavazzi -- Lessons from Animal Imaging in Preclinical Models / Lesley D. McPhail and Simon P. Robinson -- Combining Antiangiogenic Drugs with Vascular Disrupting Agents Rationale and Mechanisms of Action / Yuval Shaked, Paul Nathan, Laura G. M. Daenen and Robert S. Kerbel -- Development of Vascular Disrupting Agents / Graeme J. Dougherty and David J. Chaplin -- Part 2. Imaging in the development of vascular disruptive agents -- MRI to Assess Vascular Disruptive Agents / Martin Zweifel and Anwar R. Padhani -- Contrast Ultrasound in Imaging Tumor Angiogenesis / Grzegorz Korpanty and Rolf A. Brekken -- Part 3. Clinical development -- The Clinical Development of Tubulin Binding Vascular Disrupting Agents / Martin Zweifel and Gordon Rustin -- ASA404 (DMXAA): New Concepts in Tumour Vascular Targeting Therapy / Bruce C. Baguley -- Vascular Disruptive Agents in Combination with Radiotherapy / Henry C. Mandeville and Peter J. Hoskin.
- Vascular effects of statins Lane Catalog record
- Vascular endothelium 2006, SpringerII Springer
- Vascular interventional radiology 2007, Springer
- Vascular interventional radiology. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Vascular liver disease 2011, Springer
- Vascular mechanics and pathology 2007, Springer
- Vascular surgery 2012, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Vascular surgery. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.
- Tumor vasculature : a target for anticancer therapies / Dietmar W. Siemann -- Abnormal microvasculature and defective microcirculatory function in solid tumors / Peter Vaupel -- The role of microvasculature in metastasis formation / Oliver Stöltzing, Lee M. Ellis -- Development of agents that selectively disrupt tumor vasculature : a historical perspective / David J. Chaplin, Sally A. Hill -- Morphologic manifestations of vascular-disrupting agents in preclinical models / Mumtaz V. Rojiani, Amyn Rojiani -- Molecular recognition of the colchicine binding site as a design paradigm for the discovery and development of vascular disrupting agents / Kevin G. Pinney -- Combined modality approaches using vascular-disrupting agents / Wenyin Shi, Michael R. Horsman, Dietmar W. Siemann -- Vascular-targeting therapies and hyperthermia / Michael R. Horsman, Rumi Murata -- Flavones and xanthenones as vascular-disrupting agents / Bronwyn G. Siim, Bruce C. Baguley -- Targeting inside-out phospholipids on tumor blood vessels in pancreatic cancer / Adam W. Beck, Rolf Brekken, Philip E. Thorpe -- Cadherin antagonists as vascular-targeting agents / Orest Blaschuk, Tracey M. Rowlands -- Alphastatin : a pluripotent inhibitor of activated endothelial cells / Carolyn A. Staton, Claire Lewis -- Cationic lipid complexes to target tumor endothelium / Uwe Michaelis, Michael Teifel -- Development of vascular-targeting cancer gene therapy / Graeme J. Dougherty, Peter D. Davis, Shona T. Dougherty -- Vascular-disrupting strategies combined with bacterial spores targeting hypoxic regions of solid tumors / G-One Ahn, J. Martin Brown -- Imaging the effects of vascular-targeting agents / Susan M. Galbraith -- Clinical progress in tumor vasculature-disrupting therapies / Andrew M. Gaya, Gordon J. S. Rustin -- Use of vascular-disrupting agents in non-oncology indications / Joseph C. Randall, Scott Young.
- Vasculitis in clinical practice 2010, SpringerDefinitions -- Classification and epidemiology -- General presentation of the vasculitides -- General principles of treatment -- Giant cell arteritis -- Takayasu arteritis -- Wegener's granulomatosis -- Churg-Strauss syndrome -- Microscopic polyangiitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa -- Kawasaki disease -- Henoch-Schonlein purpura -- Behcet's dsease -- Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis -- Vasculitis mimics -- Secondary vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system vasculitis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Cogan's syndrome.
- Vasopressin and oxytocin 2002, ScienceDirect
- Vaughan & Asbury's General ophthalmology AccessMedicine, latest ed. only.
- VBA for dummies. 5th ed. 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Vegetables and fruits 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Vegetables, fruits, and herbs in health promotion 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Cruciferous vegetables and biological activity of isothiocyanates and indoles -- Green leafy vegetables in cancer prevention -- The role of tomato lycopene in cancer prevention -- [Beta]-carotene and other carotenoids in cancer prevention -- The role of alliums and their sulfur and selenium constituents in cancer prevention -- Molecular mechanisms of chemoprevention with capsaicinoids for chili peppers -- Influence of dietary soy isoflavones genistein and daidzein on genotoxicity and mammary carcinogenicity in rats exposed to the model carcinogen 7, 12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA) -- The potential roles of seeds and seed bioactives on the prevention and treatment of breast and prostate cancer -- Nuts as part of a whole diet approach to cancer prevention -- Whole grains and their constituents in the prevention of colon cancer.
- Vegetarian nutrition 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Vehicular accident investigation and reconstruction 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Vein pattern recognition 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Venous embolization of the liver 2011, Springer
- Venous thromboembolism 2005, Springer
- Ventricular geometry in post-myocardial infarction aneurysms 2012, SpringerAnatomy of the Myocardium in the Normal Left Ventricle --Normal Left Ventricular Dynamics: Contraction and Relaxation Patterns --Altered Left Ventricular Geometry in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy --Altered Ventricular Function in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy --Hemodynamics in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy: Left Ventricular Aneurysm Formation --Evolution of Techniques of Surgical Ventricular Restoration: From Linear Repair to Endoventricular Linear Patch Plasty --The Surgical Technique of Linear Endoventricular Patch Plasty --Surgical Ventricular Restoration by the Technique of Endoventricular Linear Patch Plasty: Long-Term Clinical Results --The Impact of Surgical Technique on Cardiac Hemodynamics Following Surgical Ventricular Restoration --Recent Controversies: To STICH or Not to STICH? --Role of Electrophysiological Testing, Intracardiac Defibrillator Implantation, and Concomitant Surgical Procedures in Patients with Left Ventricular Aneurysms Presenting with Ventricular Tachycardia --Role of Mitral Valve Surgery in Surgical Ventricular Restoration for Left Ventricular Aneurysms.
- Version control with Subversion. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Vertebrate genomes 2006., KargerThe human genome and its upcoming dynamics / M. Platzer -- Primate genomes / H. Herlyn, H. Zischler -- The mouse genome / S.D.M. Brown, J.M. Hancock -- The dog genome / F. Galibert, C. André -- The feline genome / W.J. Murphy -- The bovine genome / J.E. Womack -- The sheep genome / N.E. Cockett -- Cracking the genomic piggy bank : identifying secrets of the pig genome / B.E. Mote, M.F. Rothschild -- The horse genome / B.P. Chowdhary, T. Raudsepp -- Marsupial and monotreme genomes / E. Koina, J. Fong, J.A. Marshall Graves -- The chicken genome / D.W. Burt -- Insights from Xenopus genomes / N. Pollet, A. Mazabraud -- The Tetraodon genome / H. Roest Crollius -- The medaka genome : why we need multiple fish models in vertebrate functional genomics / H. Mitani ... [et al.] -- The zebrafish genome : a review and msx gene case study / J.H. Postlethwait -- Urochordate genomes / N. Satoh ... [et al.].
- Vertebrate hair cells 2006, Springer
- Fulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Vertical scar mammaplasty 2005, Springer
- Vertigo and dizziness 2005, Springer
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potential 2009, Springer
- 1998 NAP2000 NAP2004 NAP
- Veterans and agent orange. Herbicide/Dioxin exposure and acute Myelogenous Leukemia in the children of Vietnam veterans 2002, NAP
- Vetiveria 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Vibrational spectroscopy for tissue analysis 2013, CRCnetBASE"This book presents a variety of vibrational spectroscopic techniques, focusing on Raman and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy and their use in noninvasive optical tissue diagnosis. It covers the most recent research in this area to create a unique database of different chemical bands and their assignments of spectral bands. The text explores the spectroscopic investigation of different tissues and samples, including breast tissue, lung tissue, and brain tissue. Based on their years of experience with various applications, the authors provide definitions of peak frequencies as well as other aspects of spectroscopy that could be helpful to a wide range of scientists"--Provided by publisher.
- Vibrational spectroscopy of biological and polymeric materials 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Victor McKusick and the history of medical genetics 2012, SpringerVictor McKusick /; Krishna R. Dronamraju --; Family Life and Victor's Meeting the Unexpected /; Anne Bishop McKusick --; The McKusick Twins: A Personal Essay /; Vincent L. McKusick --; Personal Recollections of Victor /; Krishna R. Dronamraju --; Memories of Victor McKusick /; Don M. Long --; Memories of the Moore Clinic, 1960-1965 /; David J. Weatherall --; Cytogenetics and Early Days at the Moore Clinic with Victor McKusick /; Malcolm A. Ferguson-Smith --; Travels with Victor: Marfan Syndrome and Its Cousins /; Reed E. Pyeritz --; Homage for Victor McKusick /; Nicholas Avrion Mitchison --; How Did My Association with Victor Influence Me, My Career, and My Family? /; Digamber S. Borgaonkar --; The Assimilation of Classical Genetics into Human Genetics /; Elof Axel Carlson --; Genetic Studies in Isolated Populations: Victor McKusick's Contributions to Population Genetics /; Aravinda Chakravarti --; Victor A. McKusick and Medical Genetics Among the Amish /; Clair A. Francomano --; Dr. Victor A. McKusick and the Genetics of Dwarfism /; Clair A. Francomano and David L. Rimoin --; Clinical Genomicist in the Future of Medical Practice /; Edison T. Liu --; Victor McKusick and the History of Medical Genetics /; Peter S. Harper --; The Influence of Victor A. McKusick on the Development of Training in Medical Genetics in Europe and in the World /; Giovanni Romeo.
- Video and image processing blockset. Version 1. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Vienna 2007, Springer
- The Lancet: an introduction -- Vintage papers from The Lancet (1820s to 1860s from Wakley to Nightingle -- 1870s to 1910s from Bacteria to Blood Groups -- 1920s to 1950s from Iron Lungs to Ultrasound -- 1960s to 2005 from Thalidomide to SARS).
- Violence against women 2007, Springer
- Violence against women and mental health 2013, KargerViolence against women, its prevalence and health consequences / Claudi García-Moreno, Heidi Stöckl -- Gender-based violence in the Middle-East : a review / Josyan Madi Skaff -- Violence against women in Latin America / Silvia Lucía Gaviria -- Violence against women in South Asia / Unaiza Niaz -- Violence against women in Europe : magnitude and the mental health consequences described by different data sources / Karin Helweg-Larsen -- Intimate partner violence as a risk factor for mental health problems in South Africa / Rachel Jewkes -- Intimate partner violence and mental health / Sian Oram, Louise M. Howard -- Sexual assault and women's mental health / Sandra L. Martin, Angela M. Parcesepe -- Child sexual abuse of girls / Harriet L. MacMillan, C. Nadine Wathen -- Sexual violence and armed conflict : a systematic review of psychosocial support interventions / Vivi Stavrou -- Abuse and trafficking among female migrants and refugees / Marianne Kastrup -- Abuse in doctor-patient relationships / Werner Tschan -- Workplace harassment based on sex : a risk factor for women's mental health problems / Lilia M. Cortina, Emily A. Leskinen -- Violence against women and suicidality : does violence cause suicidal behaviour? / Karen M. Devries, Maureen Seguin -- Violence against women suffering from severe psychiatric illness / Marta B. Rondon -- Violence against women and mental health / Claudia García-Moreno, Anita Riecher-Rössler.
- Violence assessment and intervention 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Viral entry into host cells 2013, SpringerFor a virus to invade a host cell it needs to penetrate the physical barrier imposed by the plasma membrane. Viruses have evolved specialized surface proteins to meet this challenge. These proteins facilitate delivery of the viral genetic information into the host cell by either fusing the viral envelope with a host cell membrane or by forming membrane pores. Membrane fusion and pore formation critically depend on the engagement of host cell receptors and receptor choice is a key determinant of viral tropism. The multi-faceted interplay between viral and cellular factors during virus entry is a fascinating field of study, which can provide important insight into viral pathogenesis and define new targets for intervention. This book provides a comprehensive overview of this exciting field of research.
- Viral fitness 2004As natural as breathing : the flu virus -- Farming and feeding the hungry : plant viruses and human enteroviruses -- Raising cattle and eating meat : rinderpest, measles, and mad cow disease -- Slaking our thirst: the cholera bacteria and its toxic viruses -- Weathering storms and droughts : West Nile virus and others alike -- Getting lucky with a faulty gene : escape from simple retroviruses -- Taking chances with sex : the herpes and papova viruses -- Risking death with sex : the AIDS virus -- Warring against humans and other animals: smallpox, monkeypox and others -- Raiding the wild for delicacies : the SARS virus.
- Viral gastroenteritis 2003, ScienceDirect
- Viral genome packaging machines 2005, SpringerViral genome packaging machines: an overview / Carlos Enrique Catalano -- Bacteriophage lambda terminase and the mechanisms of viral DNA packaging / Michael Feiss and Carlos Enrique Catalano -- DNA packaging in bacteriophage T4 / Venigalla B. Rao and Lindsay W. Black -- T3/T7 DNA packaging / Philip Serwer -- DNA packaging by bacteriophage P22 / Sherwood Casjens and Peter Weigele -- Bacteriophage SPP1 DNA packaging / Anja Dröge and Paulo Tavares -- The phi 29 DNA packaging motor : seeking the mechanism / Dwight Anderson and Shelley Grimes -- Encapsidation of the segmented double-stranded RNA genome of bacteriophage f6 / Minna M. Poranen, Markus J. Pirttimaa, and Dennis H. Bamford -- Cleavage and packaging of herpes simplex virus 1 DNA / Joel D. Baines and Sandra K. Weller.
- Viral genome replication 2009, Springer
- Viral haemorrhagic fevers. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Viral hemorrhagic fevers 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases