- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 17th ed...
- — Shaped-beam radiosurgery ...............
- Shared destiny .........................
- — Spine secrets ..........................
- Spine secrets plus. 2nd ed. ............
- — Stroke genomics ........................
- Stroke prevention in clinical practic...
- — Systems thinking for health systems s...
- "Electronic image collection to accompany Sabiston Textbook of Surgery"--Accompanying CD-ROM.
- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 19th ed. 2012, MD Consult
- Safe abortion 2003
- Safe abortion. 2nd ed. 2012, WHO
- Expert consensus / G. Rees, J. Bartram and D. Kay -- Bivalves: global production and trade trends / S. Pawiro -- Adverse health outcomes / T.K. Graczyk, K. Suresh and D. Lees -- Driving forces and risk management / G. Rees, I. Karunasagar and J. Santo Domingo -- Identification of primary sources of faecal pollution / J.W. Santo Domingo and T.A. Edge -- Components of microbiological monitoring programmes / R. Lee and L. Murray -- Real-time monitoring technologies for indicator bacteria and pathogens in shellfish and shellfish harvesting waters / A.P. Dufour and G.N. Stelma Jr. -- Sanitary profiling of shellfish harvesting areas / R. Lee ... [et al.] -- Depuration and relaying / D. Lees, A. Younger and B. Doré -- Overview of legislative principles and measures / L. Murray and R. Lee -- é Scotland / L. Murray -- Official control monitoring programmes for live bivalve molluscs - legislative and regulatory approaches: Canada / G. Sauvé -- Official control monitoring programmes for live bivalve molluscs - legislative and regulatory approaches: New Zealand / P. Busby -- Current management practices / G. Rees ... [et al.] -- Experience from recreational waters / D. Kay ... [et al.] -- Microbial modelling in coastal environments and early warning systems: use full tools to limit shellfish micorbial contamination / M. Gourmelon ... [et al.] -- Framework for change / D. Kay and G. Rees.
- Safe passage NAP
- Safe piped water 2004, WHOThe microbiology of piped distribution systems and public health -- Minimizing potential for changes in microbial quality of treated water -- Design and operation of distribution networks -- Maintenance and survey of distribution systems -- Precautions during construction and repairs -- Small animals in drinking-water distribution systems -- Risk management for distribution systems.
- Safe use of chemicals 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Safety analysis. 2nd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Safety assessment of cosmetics in Europe 2008, KargerCosmetic products and their current regulatory framework -- Challenges related to cosmetic safety assessment in the EU -- Critical analysis of the safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients performed at the European level -- Safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients present in technical information files of finished products -- The cosmetic technical information file in practice -- The use of alternative methods in the safety assessment of cosmetic ingredients.
- Safety evaluation of medical devices. 2nd ed., rev. and expanded. 2002, CRCnetBASE1. Introduction -- I. Biocompatibility -- II. Scope of Devices and the Medical Device Market -- III. History -- IV. Nonspecific Regulatory Considerations -- 2. Regulatory Aspects and Strategy in Medical Device and Biomaterials Safety Evaluation -- I. Regulatory Basis -- II. Toxicity Testing: Medical Devices -- 3. Road Map to Test Selections -- I. Key Concepts -- II. Conditions of Use -- III. Materials, Components, and Products -- IV. Prior Knowledge -- V. Types and Uses of Tests -- 4. What to Test: Sampling and Sample Preparation -- I. Sampling -- II. Randomization -- III. Sample Preparation -- IV. Reference Materials -- V. Conclusion -- 5. Cytotoxicity Testing -- I. Background -- II. Cytotoxicity Assays -- III. Conclusion -- 6. Blood Compatibility -- I. Introduction -- II. Standard Tests -- III. Conclusion -- 7. Irritation and Pyrogenicity -- I. Dermal Irritation -- II. Ocular Irritation Testing -- III. Other Nonparenteral Route Irritation Tests -- IV. Parenteral Irritation/Tolerance -- V. Parenteral Routes -- VI. Intracutaneous Irritation -- VII. Problems in Testing (and Their Resolutions) -- 8. Immunotoxicology -- I. Overview of the Immune System -- II. Evaluation of the Immune System -- III. Local Lymph Node Assay -- IV. Approaches -- V. Problems and Future Directions -- 9. Implantation Biology and Studies -- I. USP Implantation Test -- II. British Pharmacopoeia -- III. ISO 10993 Implantation Test -- IV. Test Method for Implantation in Subcutaneous Tissue -- V. Test Method for Implantation in Muscle -- VI. Test Method for Implantation in Bone -- VII. Control Materials -- VIII. Long-Term Implant Studies -- IX. Considerations -- 10. Genotoxicity -- I. DNA Structure -- II. Cytogenetics -- III. In Vitro Cytogenetic Assays -- IV. In Vivo Cytogenetic Assays -- V. Sister Chromatid Exchange Assays -- 11. Subchronic and Chronic Toxicity and Reproductive and -- Developmental Toxicity -- I. Objectives -- II. Regulatory Considerations -- III. Parameters to Measure -- IV. Histopathology -- V. Study Interpretation and Reporting -- VI. Reproductive and Developmental Toxicity -- 12. Carcinogenicity -- I. Animal Model -- II. Dose Selection -- III. Interpretation of Results -- 13. Sterility, Sterilization, and Heavy Metals -- I. Sterility -- II. Heavy Metals -- 14. Combination Devices -- I. Combination Products -- II. Device Programs that CDER and CBRH Will Administer -- 15. Clinical Studies for Medical Devices -- I. Design Considerations -- II. Epidemiology -- III. Conclusion -- 16. Special Studies -- I. Cardiovascular Devices and Prostheses -- II. Tampons -- III. Contact Lenses and Their Solutions -- IV. Specific Tests -- V. Twenty-One-Day Eye Irritation Study in Rabbits -- VI. Systemic Injection Test -- VII. Production of Toxic Shock Syndrome Toxin-l (TSST-1) -- VIII. In Vitro Evaluation of the Effects of Potential Tampon -- Materials on pH and Growth of Vaginal Microflora -- IX. Inflammatory Responses to Biomaterials -- 17. Case Histories and Problem Resolution -- I. Phthalate and Other Residuals Leaching from Devices -- II. Dalkon Shield -- III. Talc on Gloves and Condoms -- IV. Toxic Shock Syndrome -- V. Latex Allergy -- VI. Silicones in Devices -- VII. Problem Solving -- VIII. Risk Assessments -- IX. Conclusion -- Appendix A. Selected Regulatory and Toxicological Acronyms -- and Abbreviations -- Appendix B. Contract Testing Laboratories -- Appendix C. Notable Regulatory Internet Addresses -- Appendix D. Non-U.S. Medical Device Regulators.
- Safety of genetically engineered foods 2004, NAPIntroduction -- Methods and mechanisms for genetic manipulation of plants, animals, and microorganisms -- Unintended effects from breeding -- New approaches for identifying unintended changes in food composition -- Adverse impacts of food on human health -- Methods for predicting and assessing unintended effects on human health -- Framework, findings, and recommendations.
- Safety officer's concise desk reference 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Safety pharmacology in pharmaceutical development and approval 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Safety pharmacology in pharmaceutical development. 2nd ed. 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book covers the regulatory required evaluation and study of the potentially adverse pharmacological effects of new drugs, from the general regulatory requirements to the specific studies that must be done and how they are performed and interpreted. Based on more than 30 years of direct experience, the author describes tricks and practical insights for making studies work and understanding why they don't. The second edition includes current regulations (US FDA and international especially Europe and Japan) and updated test methods, interpretation, and science"--Provided by publisher.
- Safety, health, and asset protection. 2nd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- SAGES manual 2008, Springer
- SAGES manual of hernia repair 2013, Springer
- SAGES manual of quality, outcomes and patient safety 2012, Springer
- SAGES manual of strategic decision making 2008, Springer
- Part 1.Fundamentals of Surgical Energy --Evolutions and Revolutions in Surgical Energy /Steven D. Schwaitzberg --Fundamentals of Electrosurgery --Part I:Principles of Radiofrequency Energy for Surgery /Malcolm G. Munro --Fundamentals of Electrosurgery --Part II:Thermal Injury Mechanisms and Prevention /L. Michael Brunt --The Art and Science of Monopolar Electrosurgery /C. Randle Voyles --Bipolar Electrosurgical Devices /Chan W. Park and Dana D. Portenier --Electrosurgical Energy in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy /Brian J. Dunkin and Calvin D. Lyons --Ultrasonic Energy Systems /James G. Bittner, J. Esteban Varela and Daniel Herron --Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator /James S. Choi --Principles and Safety of Radiofrequency and Cryo Ablation /Pascal R. Fuchshuber --Principles and Safety of Microwave Ablation /Ryan Z. Swan and David A. Iannitti --Surgical Energy Systems in Pediatric Surgery /Gretchen Purcell Jackson --Integration of Energy Systems with Other Medical Devices /Stephanie B. Jones and Marc A. Rozner --How to Report Adverse Events Related to the Use of Energy Devices in the Operating Room /Charlotte L. Guglielmi --Part 2.Enrichment Chapters --Hands-On Station: Fundamentals and Safety of Radiofrequency Electrosurgery /Malcolm G. Munro --Hands-on Station: Art and Science of Monopolar Electrosurgery - Case Studies of Metal-to-Metal Arcing and Single Port Cannula Surgery /C. Randle Voyles --Hands-on Station: Thermal Spread with Bipolar Electrosurgery /Dean Mikami --Hands-on Station: Ultrasonic Energy Devices /Dana D. Portenier --Hands-on Station: Cavitron Ultrasonic Surgical Aspirator (CUSA) and Argon Beam Device /James S. Choi --Hands-on Station: Radiofrequency Ablation /Pascal R. Fuchshuber --Hands-on Station: Microwave Devices /Ryan Z. Swan and David A. Iannitti --Hands-on Station: Effects of Monopolar and Bipolar Electrosurgery on Cardiovascular Implantable /Electrical (Pacemakers or Implanted Cardioverter Defibrillator) Devices /Marc A. Rozner and Stephanie B. Jones --Hands-on Station: Radiofrequency Electrosurgery in Gastrointestinal Endoscopy /Jeffrey W. Hazey.
- SAGES manual. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- SAGES manual.. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerFulltext v. 2 SpringerV. 1. Basic laparoscopy and endoscopy / Nathaniel J. Soper and Carol E.H. Scott-Conner, editors -- v. 2. Advanced laparoscopy and endoscopy / Ninh T. Nguyen and Carol E.H. Scott-Conner, editors.
- Salicylic acid 2007, Springer
- Salivary diagnostics 2008
- Salivary gland cytopathology 2008, Springer
- Salivary gland disorders 2007, Springer
- Salivary glands 2010, KargerIntroduction to salivary glands : structure, function, and embryonic development / Miletich, I. -- Salivary gland adaptations : modification of the glands for novel uses / Tucker, A.S. -- Genetic regulation of salivary gland development in drosophila melanogaster / Pirraglia, C. ; Myat, M.M. -- Extracellular matrix and growth factors in salivary gland development / Sequeira, S.J. ; Larsen, M. ; DeVine, T. -- Lumen formation in salivary gland development / Wells, K.L. ; Patel, N. -- Epithelial stem/progenitor cells in the embryonic mouse submandibular gland / Lombaert, I.M.A. ; Hoffman, M.P. -- Salivary gland regeneration / Carpenter, G.H. ; Cotroneo, E. -- Salivary gland disease / Thomas, B.L. ; Brown, J.E. ; McGurk, M.
- Salmonella 2007, Springer ProtocolsQuantitative, multiplexed detection of salmonella and other pathogens by Luminex xMAP suspension array / Sherry A. Dunbar and James W. Jacobson -- Detection of salmonella by bacteriophage felix 01 / Jonathan C. Kuhn -- Physical mapping of salmonella genomes / Shu-Lin Liu -- Cloth-based hybridization array system for the identification of antibiotic resistance genes in salmonella / Burton W. Blais and Martine Gauthier -- Genome-based identification and molecular analysee of pathogenicity islands and genomic islands in Salmonella enterica / Michael Hensel -- Determination of the gene content of salmonella genomes by microarray analysis / Steffen Porwollik and Michael McClelland -- In vivo excision, cloning, and broad-host-range transfer of large bacterial DNA segments using VEX-capture / James W. Wilson and Cheryl A. Nickerson -- Amplified fragment length polymorphism analysis of Salmonella enterica / Ruiting Lan and Peter R. Reeves -- Salmonella phages and prophages : genomics and practical aspects / Andrew M. Kropinski ... [et al.] -- Salmonella typhimurium phage typing for pathogens / Wolfgang Rabsch -- Salmonella phages examined in the electron microscope / Hans-W. Ackermann -- Applications of cell imaging in salmonella research / Charlotte A. Perrett and Mark A. Jepson -- Analysis of kinesin accumulation on salmonella-containing vacuoles / Audrey Dumont ... [et al.] -- Magnesium, manganese, and divalent cation transport assays in intact cells / Michael E. Maguire -- Methods in cell-to-cell signaling in salmonella / Brian M. M. Ahmer ... [et al.] -- Development of salmonella strains as cancer therapy agents and testing in tumor cell lines / Abraham Eisenstark ... [et al.] -- Further resources for molecular protocols in salmonella research / Abraham Eisenstark and Kelly K. Edwards.
- 1.Introduction --2.Differences in the nature of chicken meat production and the implications for salmonella and campylobacter --3.Review of available scientific information on control of salmonella and campylobacter : occurrence and challenges, and state of the science --4.Examples of possible interventions for hazard reduction --5.Evaluation of likey outcomes of specific interventions --6.Development of a Web-based risk-management tool --7.Summarized considerations of CCFH request --8.References --Appendix.
- Samii's Essentials in neurosurgery 2008, Springer
- Sample size calculations in clinical research. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEConsiderations prior to sample size calculation -- Comparing means -- Large sample tests for proportions -- Exact tests for proportions -- Tests for goodness-of-fit and contingency tables -- Comparing time-to-event data -- Group sequential methods -- Comparing variabilities -- Bioequivalence testing -- Dose response studies -- Microarray studies -- Bayesian sample size calculation -- Nonparametrics -- Sample size calculation in other areas.
- Sampling and surveying radiological environments 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Sampling for radionuclides in the environment 2006, HighWire
- Samter's Immunologic diseases. 6th ed. 2001, Ovidv. 1. Recognition : innate and adaptive immunity -- Effector mechanisms : innate and adaptive -- Primary immunodeficiencies -- Proliferation disorders of immunologic cells -- v. 2. Systemic diseases -- Organ-specific diseases -- Allergic diseases -- Evasion, activation and ineffective immunity -- Transplantation -- Therapeutic immunology.
- Coma, head trauma, and spinal cord injury / Galen V. Henderson -- Epilepsy / Edward B. Bromfield and Barbara A. Dworetzky -- Dizziness / Robert W. Baloh -- Back and neck pain / Allan H. Ropper -- Sleep disorders / Milena Pavlova -- Neurooncology / Patrick Y. Wen and Santosh Kesari -- Multiple sclerosis and other demyelinating diseases / Maria K. Houtchens and David M. Dawson -- Motor neuropathies and peripheral neuropathies / Anthony A. Amato -- Neuromuscular junction disorders and myopathies / Anthony A. Amato -- Chronic pain / Robert D. Helme -- Headache and facial pain / Elizabeth Loder and Paul Rizzoli -- Stroke and cerebrovascular disorders / Steven K. Feske -- Movement disorders / Lewis Sudarsky -- Behavioral neurology and dementia / Kirk R. Daffner and David A. Wolk -- Neuroophthalmology / Marc J. Dinken and Don C. Bienfang -- Toxic and metabolic disorders / Martin A. Samuels -- Infections of the central nervous system / Tracey A. Cho.
- Introduction -- The interview -- The history -- The case record -- General appearance -- The vital signs -- Integument -- Lymph nodes -- The head -- The eye -- The ear -- The nose -- The oropharynx -- The neck -- The breast -- The chest -- The heart -- Arteries -- Veins -- The abdomen -- Male genitalia -- Female genitalia -- The rectum -- The extremities -- The musculoskeletal system -- The neurologic examination -- Clinical reasoning -- Some bedside laboratory tricks.
- Sarcoidosis 2006
- Sarcomere and skeletal muscle disease 2008, SpringerThe sarcomere and sarcomerogenesis / Elisabeth Ehler and Mathias Gautel -- Skeletal muscle alpha-actin diseases / Kathryn N. North and Nigel G. Laing -- Nebulin : a giant chameleon / Katarina Pelin and Carina Wallgren-Pettersson -- Skeletal muscle disease due to mutations in tropomyosin, troponin, and cofilin / Nigel F. Clarke -- Investigations into the pathobiology of thin-filament myopathies / Biljana Ilkovski -- Mouse models for thin filament disease / Mai-Anh T. Nguyen and Edna C. Hardeman -- Thick filament diseases / Anders Oldfors and Phillipa J. Lamont -- Acute quadriplegic myopathy : an acquired "myosinopathy" / Lars Larsson -- Third filament diseases / Bjarne Udd -- The Z-disk diseases / Duygu Selcen and Olli Carpén -- Intermediate filament diseases : desminopathy / Lev G. Goldfarb ... [et al.] -- Muscular integrity : a matter of interlinking distinct structures via plectin / Patryk Konieczny and Gerhard Wiche -- The sarcomere and the nucleus : functional links to hypertrophy, atrophy, and sarcopenia / Mathias Gautel -- Other model organisms for sarcomeric muscle diseases / John Sparrow, Simon M. Hughes, and Laurent Segalat -- Therapeutic approaches for the sarcomeric protein diseases / Kristen J. Nowak.
- Sarcopenia- age-related muscle wasting and weakness 2011, Springer
- SARS- and other coronaviruses 2008, Springer ProtocolsA pancoronavirus RT-PCR assay for detection of all known coronaviruses / Leen Vijgen ... [et al.] -- Detection of group 1 coronaviruses in bats using universal coronavirus reverse transcription polymerase chain reactions / Leo L.M. Poon and J.S. Malik Peiris -- Detection and sequence characterization of the 3'-end of coronavirus genomes harboring the highly conserved RNA motif s2m / Christine Monceyron Janassen -- RT-PCR detection of avian coronaviruses of galliform birds (chicken, turkey, pheasant) and in a parrot / Francesca Anne Culver, Paul Britton, and Dave Cavanagh -- Detection of group 2a coronaviruses with emphasis on bovine and wild ruminant strains / Mustafa Hasoksuz, Anastasia Vlasova, and Linda J. Saif -- Detection of SARS coronavirus in humans and animals by conventional and quantitative (real time) reverse transcription polymerase chain reactions / J.S. Malik Peiris and Leo L.M. Poon -- Detection of new viruses by VIDISCA / Krzysztof Pyrc ... [et al.] -- Titration of human coronaviruses, HCoV-229E and HCoV-OC43, by an indirect immunoperoxidase assay / Francine Lambert ... [et al.] -- The preparation of chicken tracheal organ cultures for virus isolation, propagation, and titration / Brenda V. Jones and Ruth M. Hennion -- Isolation and propagation of coronaviruses in embryonated eggs / James S. Guy -- Large-scale preparation of UV-inactivated SARS coronavirus virions for vaccine antigen / Yasuko Tsunetsugu-Yokota -- Purification and electron cryomicroscopy of coronavirus particles / Benjamin W. Neuman ... [et al.] -- Production of coronavirus nonstructural proteins in soluble form for crystallization / Yvonne Piotrowski ... [et al.] -- Generating antibodies to the gene 3 proteins of infectious bronchitis virus / Amanda R. Pendleton and Carolyn E. Machamer -- Establishment and characterization of monoclonal antibodies against SARS coronavirus / Kazuo Ohnishi -- Production of monospecific rabbit antisera recognizing nidovirus proteins / Jessika C. Zevenhoven-Dobbe ... [et al.] -- Manipulation of the coronavirus genome using targeted RNA recombination with interspecies chimeric coronaviruses / Cornelis A.M. de Haan ... [et al.] -- Generation of recombinant coronaviruses using vaccinia virus as the cloning vector and stable cell lines containing coronaviral replicon RNAs / Klara Kristin Eriksson, Divine Makia, and Volker Thiel -- Transient dominant selection for the modification and generation of recombinant infectious bronchitis coronaviruses / Maria Armesto ... [et al.] -- Engineering infectious cDNAs of coronavirus as bacterial artificial chromosomes / Fernando Almazán, Carmen Galán, and Luis Enjuanes -- Systematic assembly and genetic manipulation of the mouse hepatitis virus A59 genome / Eric F. Donaldson, Amy C.Sims, and Ralph S. Baric -- Identification of sugar residues involved in the binding of TGEV to porcine brush border membranes / Christel Schwegmann-Wessels and Georg Herrler -- Pseudotyped vesicular stomatitis virus for analysis of virus entry mediated by SARS coronavirus spike proteins / Shuetsu Fukushi, Rie Watanabe, and Fumihiro Taguchi.
- SARSReference. 3rd ed.- 2003-, Flying PublisherSARS reference is a medical textbook that provides a comprehensive and up-to-date overview of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS).
- SAS and R 2010, CRCnetBASE
- SAS for dummies 2007, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- SAS functions by example. 2nd ed. 2010, ProQuest SafariFulltext SUNet ID login required. books24x7Character functions -- Perl regular expressions -- Sort functions -- Date and time functions -- Array functions -- Truncation functions -- Descriptive statistics functions -- Mathematical and numeric functions -- Random number functions -- Special functions -- State and ZIP code functions -- Trigonometric functions -- Macro functions -- SAS file I/O functions -- Variable information functions -- Bitwise logical functions.
- SAS programming 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Sauer's Manual of skin diseases. 9th ed. 2006, Ovid
- Saving women's lives 2005, NAP
- Since its inception in the early 1950's, Sax's Dangerous Properties of Industrial Materials has become the primary source for those who need to evaluate the hazardous potential of substances used in commerce. Sax's is the only reference that combines--for so many substances--data on toxicology, flammability, reactivity, explosive potential, and regularity information.
- Scaffolding in tissue engineering 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Scale-up and optimization in preparative chromatography 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Scaling and uncertainty analysis in ecology 2006, Springer
- Opportunities and challenges -- Lessons learned -- Principles of scale-up -- Managing scale-up of antiretroviral therapy -- The path forward.
- Scanning electrochemical microscopy 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Scanning probe microscopes 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Scar-less surgery 2013, Springer
- Schein's Common sense emergency abdominal surgery. 3rd ed. 2010, Springer
- Schiff's Diseases of the liver. 10th ed. 2007, OvidHistory taking and physical examination for the patient with liver disease -- Laboratory tests -- Liver biopsy and laparoscopy -- Imaging -- Interventional radiology procedures for diagnosis and treatment of hepatobiliary disease -- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography -- Physioanatomic considerations -- Bilirubin metabolism and jaundice -- Hepatic histopathology -- Mehanisms of liver injury -- The liver in systemic disease -- Hematologic disorders and the liver -- Nutrition and the liver -- Hepatic fibrosis -- Portal hypertension and nonsurgical management -- Surgical management of portal hypertension -- Renal complications and hepatorenal syndrome -- Pulmonary manifestations of liver disease -- Ascites and spontaneous bacterial peritonitis -- Hepatic encephalopathy -- fulminant hepatic failure -- Gallstone disease: pathogenesis and treatment -- Primary sclerosing cholangitis -- Primary biliary cirrhosis -- Postoperative jaundice -- The hepatitis viruses -- Hepatitis A -- Hepatitis E -- Hepatitis B and D -- Hepatitis C -- Autoimmune hepatitis -- Alcoholic liver disease -- Drug-induced liver disease -- Mechanisms of drug-induced liver injury -- Wilson disease -- Hemochromatosis and iron storage disorders -- a₁-Antitrypsin deficiency -- Porphyrias -- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease -- Vasucular diseases of the liver -- The liver in circulatory failure -- Benign solid tumors -- Nodular and cystic lesions -- Hepatocellular carcinoma -- Surgical options for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma -- Liver disease in infancy and childhood -- The liver in pregnancy -- Liver abscesses -- Parasitic diseases -- Bacterial and systemic infections -- Hepatobiliary manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus -- Granulomas of the liver -- Selection and timing of liver transplantation -- Immunosuppression: the global picture -- The first 6 months following liver transplantation -- The long-term care of transplanted patient -- The surgical options of liver transplantation -- Recurrent disease following liver transplantation -- The role of retransplantation -- Hepatobiliary complications of hematopoietic cell transplantation.
- Schiff's Diseases of the liver. 9th ed. v. 1-2, 2003.
- Schistosomes and schistosomiasis in South Asia 2012, SpringerIntroduction --The schistosomes --The snail --Prevalence in final host --Immunological studies --Disease manifestation and pathology --Parasitological diagnosis --Immunodiagnosis --Chemotherapy --Control --Laboratory models developed --Technologies developed.
- Schistosomiasis 2005, Springer
- The cardinal symptoms of schizophrenia -- The clinical pictures of schizophrenia -- The natural history of schizophrenia -- The diagnosis of schizophrenia -- Aetiological factors in schizophrenia -- The neurochemistry of schizophrenia -- The neurodevelopmental theory of schizophrenia -- The psychology and neuropsychology of schizophrenia -- The cognitive neuropsychology of schizophrenia -- Neuroleptic drug treatment -- The management of schizophrenia -- Paraphrenia and paranoia -- Schizoaffective and other atypical psychoses -- Schizophrenia and organic brain disease -- Childhood schizophrenia, autism and Asperger's syndrome -- Schizophrenia and personality.
- Schizophrenia is a misdiagnosis 2012, Springer
- Schmidek & Sweet Operative neurosurgical techniques. 6th ed. / 2012, ScienceDirectV. 1: -- Ensuring Patient Safety in Surgery-First Do No Harm -- Surgical Navigation with Intraoperative Imaging: Special Operating Room Concepts -- Functional Tractography, Diffusion Tensor Imaging, Intraoperative Integration of Modalities, and Neuronavigation -- Intraoperative Neurophysiology: A Tool to Prevent and/or Document Intraoperative Injury to the Nervous System -- Gamma Knife Surgery for Cerebral Vascular Malformations and Tumors -- Cortical and Subcortical Brain Mapping -- Chemotherapy for Brain Tumors -- Current Surgical Management of High-Grade Gliomas -- Surgical Management of Low-Grade Gliomas -- Management of Recurrent Gliomas -- Tumors in Eloquent Areas of Brain -- Management of Primary Central Nervous System Lymphomas -- Surgical Management of Brain Stem Tumors in Adults -- Cerebellar Tumors in Adults -- Surgical Management of Cerebral Metastases -- Multimodal Assessment of Pituitary and Parasellar Lesions -- Medical Management of Hormone-Secreting Pituitary Tumors -- Growth Hormone-Secreting Tumors -- Prolactinomas -- Cushing's Disease -- Endocrinologically Silent Pituitary Tumors -- Endoscopic Endonasal Pituitary and Skull Base Surgery -- Transcranial Surgery for Pituitary Macroadenomas -- Craniopharyngiomas -- Endoscopic Endonasal Approach for Craniopharyngiomas -- Arachnoid, Suprasellar, and Rathke's Cleft Cysts -- Surgical Approaches to Lateral and Third Ventricular Tumors -- Transcallosal Surgery of Lesions Affecting the Third Ventricle: Basic Principles -- Endoscopic Approach to Intraventricular Brain Tumors -- Management of Pineal Region Tumors -- Management of Tumors of the Fourth Ventricle -- Surgical Management of Parasagittal and Convexity Meningiomas -- Surgical Approach to Falcine Meningiomas -- Surgical Management of Midline Anterior Skull Base Meningiomas -- Supraorbital Approach Variants for Intracranial Tumors -- Surgical Management of Sphenoid Wing Meningiomas -- Spheno-Orbital Meningioma -- Tumors Involving the Cavernous Sinus -- Surgery for Trigeminal Neurinomas -- Surgical Management of Petroclival Meningiomas -- Surgical Management of Lesions of the Clivus -- Surgical Management of Posterior Fossa Meningiomas -- Surgical Management of Tumors of the Foramen Magnum -- Surgical Management of Tumors of the Jugular Foramen -- Suboccipital Retrosigmoid Surgical Approach for Vestibular Schwannoma (Acoustic Neuroma) -- Translabyrinthine Approach to Vestibular Schwannomas -- Transtemporal Approaches to Posterior Cranial Fossa -- Surgical Management of Neurofibromatosis Types 1 and 2 -- Hearing Prosthetics: Surgical Techniques -- Multimodal Treatment of Orbital Tumors -- Surgical Approaches to the Orbit -- Anterior Midline Approaches to the Skull Base -- Orbitozygomatic Infratemporal Approach to Parasellar Meningiomas -- Methods for Cerebrospinal Fluid Diversion in Pediatric Hydrocephalus: From Shunt to Scope -- Posterior Fossa Tumors in the Pediatric Population: Multidisciplinary Management -- Supratentorial Tumors in the Pediatric Population: Multidisciplinary Management -- Mapping, Disconnection, and Resective Surgery in Pediatric Epilepsy -- Surgical Decision-Making and Treatment Options for Chiari Malformations in Children -- Fetal Surgery for Open Neural Tube Defects -- Surgical Management of Spinal Dysraphism -- Revascularization Techniques in Pediatric Cerebrovascular Disorders -- Management of Pediatric Severe Traumatic Brain Injury --Contemporary Dorsal Rhizotomy Surgery for the Treatment of Spasticity in Childhood -- Instrumentation and Stabilization of the Pediatric Spine: Technical Nuances and Age-Specific Considerations -- Methods of Cranial Vault Reconstruction for Craniosynostosis -- Surgical Management of Extracranial Carotid Artery Disease -- Management of Dissections of the Carotid and Vertebral Arteries -- Management of Unruptured Intracranial Aneurysms -- Surgical Management of Intracerebral Hemorrhage -- Surgical Management of Cerebellar Stroke-Hemorrhage and Infarction -- Surgical Treatment of Moyamoya Disease in Adults -- Surgical Treatment of Paraclinoid Aneurysms -- Surgical Management of Posterior Communicating, Anterior Choroidal, Carotid Bifurcation Aneurysms -- Surgical Management of Anterior Communicating and Anterior Cerebral Artery Aneurysms -- Surgical Management of Aneurysms of the Middle Cerebral Artery -- Surgical Management of Terminal Basilar and Posterior Cerebral Artery Aneurysms -- Surgical Management of Midbasilar and Lower Basilar Aneurysms -- Surgical Management of Aneurysms of the Vertebral and Posterior Inferior Cerebellar Artery Complex -- Far Lateral Approach and Transcondylar and Supracondylar Extensions for Aneurysms of the Vertebrobasilar Junction -- Surgical Management of Cranial Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas -- Surgical Management of Cavernous Malformations of the Nervous System -- Surgical Management of Infratentorial Arteriovenous Malformations -- Surgical Management of Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations -- Endovascular Management of Intracranial Aneurysms -- Endovascular Treatment of Stroke -- Endovascular Treatment of Cerebral Arteriovenous Malformations -- Endovascular Treatment of Intracranial Occlusive Disease -- Endovascular Treatment of Extracranial Occlusive Disease -- Embolization of Tumors: Brain, Head, Neck, and Spine -- Endovascular Management of Dural Arteriovenous Fistulas -- Endovascular Management of Spinal Vascular Malformations -- Endovascular Treatment of Head and Neck Bleeding -- Imaging Evaluation and Endovascular Treatment of Vasospasm -- Surgical Management of Hydrocephalus in the Adult -- Adult Pseudotumor Cerebri Syndrome -- Endoscopic Third Ventriculostomy -- Management of Shunt Infections -- Interstitial and LINAC-Radiosurgery for Brain Metastases -- Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Trigeminal Neuralgia -- CyberKnife Radiosurgery for Spinal Neoplasms -- Stereotactic Radiosurgery for Pituitary Adenomas -- Radiation Therapy and Radiosurgery in the Management of Craniopharyngiomas -- Vestibular Schwannomas: The Role of Stereotactic Radiosurgery -- Stereotactic Radiosurgery Meningiomas -- Role of Gamma Knife Radiosurgery in the Management of Arteriovenous Malformations -- Radiation Therapy of Epilepsy -- Gamma Surgery for Functional Disorders --V. 2: -- Presurgical Evaluation for Epilepsy Including Intracranial Electrodes -- Temporal Lobe Operations in Intractable Epilepsy -- Surgical Management of Extratemporal Lobe Epilepsy -- Multilobar Resection and Hemispherectomy in Epilepsy Surgery -- Corpus Callosotomy: Indications and Techniques -- Treatment of Intractable Epilepsy by Electrical Stimulation of the Vagus Nerve -- Deep Brain Stimulation in Movement Disorders: Parkinson's Disease, Essential Tremor, and Dystonia -- Cervical Dystonia and Spasmodic Torticollis: Indications and Techniques -- Novel Targets in Deep Brain Stimulation for Movement Disorders -- Molecular Therapies for Movement Disorders -- Cingulotomy for Intractable Psychiatric Illness -- Deep Brain Stimulation for Intractable Psychiatric Illness -- Brain-Computer Interfacing Prospects and Technical Aspects -- Thoracoscopic Sympathectomy for Hyperhidrosis -- Surgery for Intractable Spasticity -- Retrogasserian Glycerol Rhizolysis in Trigeminal Neuralgia -- Percutaneous Stereotactic Rhizotomy in the Treatment of Intractable Facial Pain -- Neurovascular Decompression in Cranial Nerves V, VII, IX, and X -- Deep Brain Stimulation for Pain -- Mesencephalic Tractotomy and Anterolateral Cordotomy for Intractable Pain -- Spinal Cord Stimulation for Chronic Pain -- Spinal Cord Stimulation and Intraspinal Infusions for Pain -- Dorsal Root Entry Zone Lesions -- Motor Cortex Stimulation for Intractable Facial Pain -- Perioperative Management of Severe Traumatic Brain Injury in Adults -- Surgical Management of Severe Closed Head Injury in Adults -- Management of Penetrating and Blast Injuries of the Nervous System -- Decompressive Craniectomy for Traumatic Brain Injury -- Management of Skull Base Trauma -- Surgical Management of Chronic Subdural Hematoma in Adults -- Management of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks -- Principles of Scalp Surgery and Surgical Management of Major Defects of Scalp -- Surgical Management of Major Skull Defects and Potential Complications -- Management of Traumatic Intracranial Aneurysms -- Management of Penetrating Brain Injury -- Management of Suppurative Intracranial Infections -- Management of Infections After Craniotomy -- Spinal Infections: Vertebral Osteomyelitis and Spinal Epidural Abscess -- Neurosurgical Management of HIV-Related Focal Brain Lesions -- Management of Neurocysticercosis -- Management of Tuberculous Infections of the Nervous System -- Fungal Infections of the Central Nervous System -- Management of Intracranial Aneurysms Caused by Infection -- Treatment Evolution in Management of Cervical Disc Disease -- Anterior Cervical Foraminotomy (Jho Procedure): Microscopic or Endoscopic -- Minimally Invasive Posterior Cervical Foraminotomy and Microdiscectomy -- Disc Replacement Technologies in the Cervical and Lumbar Spine -- Anterior Approaches for Multilevel Cervical Spondylosis --Management of Cervical Spondylotic Myelopathy -- Cervical Laminoplasty: Indications and Techniques -- Circumferential Cervical Spinal Fusion -- Surgical Techniques in the Management of Thoracic Disc Herniations -- Video-Assisted Thoracoscopic Discectomy: Indications and Techniques -- Lumbar Microdiscectomy: Indications and Techniques -- Lumbar Microdiscectomy: Indications and Techniques -- Minimally Invasive Lumbar Microdiscectomy: Indications and Techniques -- Management of Far Lateral Lumbar Disc Herniations -- Lumbar Spinal Arthroplasty: Clinical Experiences of Motion Preservation -- Management of Degenerative Lumbar Stenosis and Spondylolisthesis -- Posterior Lumbar Fusion by Open Technique: Indications and Techniques -- Percutaneous Placement of Lumbar Pedicle Screws: Indications and Techniques -- Dynamic Stabilization of the Lumbar Spine: Indications and Techniques -- Posterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion -- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion: Indications and Techniques -- Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion: Indications and Techniques -- Lateral Lumbar Interbody Fusion: Indications and Techniques -- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty: Indications and Techniques -- Management of Injuries of the Cervical Spine and Spinal Cord -- Transoral Approaches to the Cervical Spine -- Atlantoaxial Instability and Stabilization -- Stabilization of the Subaxial Cervical Spine (C3-C7) -- Thoracolumbar Anterolateral and Posterior Stabilization -- Management of Sacral Fractures -- Management of Penetrating Injuries to the Spine -- Craniovertebral Abnormalities and Their Neurosurgical Management -- Management of Chiari Malformations and Syringomyelia -- Management of Occult Spinal Dysraphism in Adults -- Neurologic Problems of the Spine in Achondroplasia -- Management of Degenerative Scoliosis -- Surgical Management of Intramedullary Spinal Cord Tumors in Adults -- Intradural Extramedullary Tumors -- Management of Spinal Cord Tumors and Arteriovenous Malformations -- Management of Cauda Equina Tumors -- Management of Primary Malignant Tumors of the Osseous Spine -- Surgical Approaches to the Cervicothoracic Junction -- Surgery for Metastatic Spine Disease -- Surgical Resection of Sacral Tumors -- Surgical Management of Cerebrospinal Fluid Leakage after Spinal Surgery -- Peripheral Nerve Injury -- Imaging for Peripheral Nerve Disorders -- Management of Adult Brachial Plexus Injuries -- Nerve Transfers: Indications and Techniques -- Management of Median Nerve Compression -- Management of Ulnar Nerve Compression -- Management of Entrapment Neuropathies -- Management of Nerve Sheath Tumors Involving the Spine -- Peripheral Nerve Tumors of the Extremities -- Management of Cranial Nerve Injuries -- Management of Thoracic Outlet Syndrome -- Nerve-Grafting Procedures for Birth-Related Peripheral Nerve Injuries.
- School violence and primary prevention 2008, SpringerSchool-related violence and prevention : editorial introduction / Thomas W. Miller -- Theory, assessment, and forms of school violence: School-related violence : definition, scope, and prevention goals / Thomas W. Miller and Robert F. Kraus. The neurobiology of violence and victimization / William P. French. Threat assessment in school violence / Connie Callahan. Social information processing and aggression in understanding school violence : an application of Crick and Dodge's model / Amy Nigoff. The roles of morality development and personal power in mass school shootings / Ken Kyle and Stephen Thompson. Multiple contextual levels of risk for peer victimization : a review with implications for prevention and intervention efforts / Noel A. Card, Jenny Isaacs, and Ernest V. E. Hodges. Assessment of childhood sexual abuse : clinical measures, evaluation, and treatment / Mark V. Sapp. Impact of trauma in school violence on the victim and the perpetrator : a mental health perspective / Lane J. Veltkamp and Amy Lawson. Boundary violations : harassment, exploitation, and abuse / Thomas W. Miller and Lane J. Veltkamp. Cliques and cults as a contributor to violence in the school environment / Thomas W. Miller, Thomas F. Holcomb, and Robert F. Kraus -- Teatment and prevention of violence in the schools: Violence in our schools / Matt Thompson, Bobbie Burcham, and Kathy McLaughlin. The role of teachers in school violence and bullying prevention / Jina S. Yoon and Elizabeth Barton. Developmental issues in the prevention of aggression and violence in school / Paul Boxer, Andrew Terranova, Sarah Savoy, and Sara E. Goldstein. Bullies and victims at school : perspectives and strategies for primary prevention / Christian Berger, Ramin Karimpour, and Philip C. Rodkin. The psychiatrist's role after a school shooting: the emergency room and beyond / Elissa P. Benedek and Praveen Kambam. Current perspectives on linking school bullying research to effective prevention strategies / Dorothy L. Espelage and Susan M. Swearer. School shootings in middle school, high school, and college : clinical management and school interventions for high-risk students / Thomas W. Miller, William Weitzel, and Janet Lane. Character education as a prevention strategy for school-related violence / Thomas W. Miller, Robert F. Kraus, and Lane J. Veltkamp. The bully free program : a profile for prevention in the school setting / Allan Beane, Thomas W. Miller, and Rick Spurling. A series of culturally relevant models to prevent school-age youth violence : a 4-year (2001-2005) family and community violence prevention study / Laxley W. Rodney, Rameshwar P. Srivastava, and Dana L. Johnson. Prevention of school violence : directions, summary, and conclusions / J. Robert McLaughlin and Thomas W. Miller.
- Schwartz's Principles of surgery. 9th ed. 2010, AccessMedicineFulltext AccessSurgeryAccreditation council for graduate medical education core competencies -- Systemic response injury and metabolic support -- Fluid and electrolyte management of the surgical patient -- Hemostasis, surgical bleeding, and transfusion -- Shock -- Surgical infections -- Trauma -- Burns -- Wound healing -- Oncology -- Transplantation -- Patient safety -- Physiologic monitoring of the surgical patient -- Minimally invasive surgery, robotics, and natural orifice transluminal endoscopic surgery -- Molecular and genomic surgery -- The skin and subcutaneous tissue -- The breast -- Disorders of the head and neck -- Chest wall, lung, mediastinum, and pleura -- Congenital heart disease -- Acquired heart disease -- Thoracic aneurysms and aortic dissection -- Arterial disease -- Venous and lymphatic disease -- Esophagus and diaphragmatic hernia -- Stomach -- The surgical management of obesity -- Small intestine -- Colon, rectum, and anus -- The appendix -- Liver -- Gallbladder and the extrahepatic biliary system -- Pancreas -- Spleen -- Abdominal wall, omentum, mesentery, and retroperitoneum -- Soft tissue sarcomas -- Inguinal hernias -- Thyroid, parathyroid, and adrenal -- Pediatric surgery -- Urology -- Gynecology -- Neurosurgery -- Orthopedic surgery -- Surgery of the hand and wrist -- Plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Surgical considerations in the elderly -- Anesthesia of the surgical patient -- Ethics, palliative care, and care at the end of life.
- Science and business of drug discovery 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- pt. I. Background to drug discovery and development -- pt. II. The drug development pipeline: discovery to testing in humans -- pt. III. The drug development pipeline: clinical trials to marketing authorization -- pt. IV. The global pharmaceuticals business -- pt. V. Professional interactions with drug discovery industry.
- Science and litigation 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Science and practice of pediatric critical care medicine 2009, Springer
- Science and practice of pressure ulcer management 2006, Springer
- Science and technology of terrorism and counterterrorism 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Science and the media. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectMedicine, media, and the dramaturgy of biomedical research: historical perspectives / John H. Warner -- Delgado's brave bulls: the marketing of a seductive idea and a lesson for contemporary biomedical research / Peter J. Snyder -- Adrenal transplantation for Parkinson's disease / Dennis D. Spencer -- The use of SSRIs in the treatment of childhood depression: a scientific dialectic / Peter Fonagy -- Media coverage of stem cell research / David H. Smith, Aaron Klink, Julius Landwirth -- Medicine's obsession with disclosure of financial conflicts: fixing the wrong problem / Jerome P. Kassirer -- In support of industry-sponsored clinical research / Declan P. Doogan -- Prevailing truth: the interface between religion and science / Wesley Carr -- Science meets fundamentalist religion / Pat Shipman -- Uneasy alliance: the intersection of government science, politics and policymaking / Ruth J. Katz -- On the relationship between scientists and journalists: reflections by an ethicist / Robert J. Levine -- Don't shoot the messenger / Laura Spinney -- Future trends in medical research publishing / Harry W. McConnell, Ashley Pardy -- Conclusion: the ethics of scientific disclosure / Peter J. Snyder, Linda C. Mayes.
- Science askew 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Science of flavonoids 2006, Springer
- Science of human perfection 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status."Keeping his focus on America, Nathaniel Comfort introduces the community of scientists, physicians, and public health workers who have contributed to the development of medical genetics from the nineteenth century to today. He argues that medical genetics is closely related to eugenics, and indeed that the two cannot be fully understood separately. He also carefully examines how the desire to relieve suffering and to improve ourselves genetically, though noble, may be subverted. History makes clear that as patients and consumers we must take ownership of genetic medicine, using it intelligently, knowledgeably, and skeptically"-- Provided by publisher.
- Science of phototherapy 2005, Springer
- Science of well-being 2009, SpringerIntroduction : the science of well-being : reviews and theoretical articles by Ed Diener / Ed Diener -- Subjective well-being / Ed Diener -- In pursuit of happiness : empirical answers to philosophical questions / Pelin Kesebir and Ed Diener -- Personality and subjective well-being / Richard E. Lucas and Ed Diener -- Beyond the hedonic treadmill : revising the adaptation theory of well-being / Ed DIener, RIchard E. Lucas and Christie Napa Scollon -- Will money increase subjective well-being? : a literature review and guide to needed research / Ed Diener and Robert Biswas-Diener -- The well-being of nations : linking together trust, cooperation, and democracy / William Tov and Ed Diener -- The optimum level of well-being : can people be too happy? / Shigehiro Oishi, Ed Diener, and Richard E. Lucas -- Beyond money : toward an economy of well-being / Ed Diener and Martin E.P. Seligman -- Conclusion : the well-being science needed now / Ed Diener.
- Sciences of aphasia 2003, ScienceDirect
- Scientific and statistical database management 2008, Springer
- Scientific approach to scientific writing 2011, SpringerMaximizing chances of publication -- Essential steps before writing a paper -- Drafting papers -- Complex studies -- Linguistic points -- Covering letters and referees' objections -- Other kinds of written scientific communication.
- Scientific aspects of women's gymnastics 2003, Karger
- Scientific basis for Ayurvedic therapies 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Scientific basis of healthcare 2012, CRCnetBASE"In the past three decades there has been a major sea change in the way healthcare is taught and carried out. Healthcare has been transformed from a "this is what you do" concept to a profession that has a significant educational and scientific basis with an ethos of evidence-based material. The healthcare professional is now more educated, very often to the degree and masters level. As a consequence, Practice and Procedures are continually changing with a corresponding improvement in healthcare. Concomitantly, the demand for comprehensive and focused evidenced-based text and scientific literature covering single areas of nursing and healthcare science or treatment has also increased. This then is the rational for the present series. This volume on Asthma covers, inter alia, asthma care in primary care centers, rhinosinusitis and asthma, asthma and psychological distress, inhalation techniques for different inhalers, emergency treatment for acute asthma, therapy for elderly patients, treatment for pediatric asthma, nursing care at home and so on. The series is designed for student nurses, practicing healthcare workers, qualified nurses and healthcare practitioners, post graduates, special project students, teachers, lecturers and professors of nursing and healthcare. It is also suitable for college, university or nursing school libraries as a reference guide"--Provided by publisher.
- Scientific basis of healthcare 2012, CRCnetBASE"In the past three decades there has been a major sea change in the way healthcare is taught and carried out. Healthcare has been transformed from a "this is what you do" concept to a profession that has a significant educational and scientific basis with an ethos of evidence-based material. The healthcare professional is now more educated, very often to the degree and masters level. As a consequence, Practice and Procedures are continually changing with a corresponding improvement in healthcare. Concomitantly, the demand for comprehensive and focused evidenced-based text and scientific literature covering single areas of nursing and healthcare science or treatment has also increased. This then is the rational for the present series. The volume on Arthritis covers, rheumatoid arthritis, cytokines, leukocyte immunoglobulin-like receptors, alleles, cardiovascular risk, disease outcomes, treatment protocols, and drugs for arthritis. The series is designed for student nurses, practicing healthcare workers, qualified nurses and healthcare practitioners, post graduates, special project students, teachers, lecturers and professors of nursing and healthcare. It is also suitable for college, university or nursing school libraries as a reference guide"--Provided by publisher.
- Scientific basis of healthcare. AIDS and pregnancy / 2012, CRCnetBASEHIV/AIDS : an overview / Francis Agyemang-Yeboah and Bernard C. Nkum -- Can teens teach other teens HIV prevention? : implications for AIDS and pregnancy / Ganga Mahat and Maryann Scoloveno -- Knowledge of antenatal attendees about HIV/AIDS in pregnancy / Anietie Effiong Moses, Emem Abasi Bassey, and Godwin Etim Asuquo -- Midwives and occupational exposures to HIV / Maria Ganczak -- Pregnancy and delivery in HIV positive women : antenatal care and outcome / Karoline Aebi-Popp, Christoph Rudin, and Luigia Elzi -- Management of HIV/AIDS stigma : nursing perspectives / Susan W. Gaskins -- Prenatal assistance to pregnant women with HIV/AIDS / Prescilla Chow ... [et al.] -- Antenatal screening and HIV-pregnancy : strategies for treatment / Ali A. Al-Jabri ... [et al.] -- Low lymphocyte count in HIV-pregnancy and strategies for treatment / Alashle Abimiku and Evaezi Okpokoro -- Antiretroviral regimens recommended for prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV / Christiana Smith and Adriana Weinberg -- Pregnancy-related adverse effects of antiretroviral therapy / Elie Azria, Sophie Matheron, and Dominique Luton.
- Scientific basis of healthcare. Angina / 2012, CRCnetBASEEpidemiology of angina / John F. Beltrame -- Chest pain : cardiac and non-cardiac causes / Geraldine Lee -- Coronary plaque rupture in patients with acute coronary syndrome / Toshio Imanishi -- The use and application of angina questionnaires / Norul Badriah Hassan and Muhammad Termizi Hassan -- American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association guidelines for ST-elevation myocardial infarction : overview of guidelines for care before, during, and after STEMI / Rohit S. Loomba and Rohit R. Arora -- Non-invasive coronary angiography with cardiac CT in patients with angina pectoris / Christof Burgstahler, Harald Brodoefel, and Stephen Schroeder -- Drugs used in angina : an overview / Mario Marzilli and Alda Huqi -- Current clinical application of direct thrombin inhibitors in angina pectoris / Bernardo Cortese and Marco Centola -- Anti-anginal drugs in focus : trimetazidine / Mario Marzilli and Alda Huqi -- Enhanced external counterpulsation therapy in coronary artery disease management / Ozlem Soran and Debra L. Braverman.
- Describes the path that led to the discovery of the Arias-Stella reaction. Uses fictional names for the local protagonists, e.g., Pedro Asari Saltel for Javier Arias-Stella.
- Scientific examination of documents. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Scientific examination of questioned documents. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASEAbout the editors/authors -- Contributors -- Preface -- Acknowledgments -- 1. Organization and content of book -- 2. What is forensic document examination -- 3. A forensic document examiners training -- 4. Care and handling of documents -- 5. Work notes -- 6. The Daubert era -- 7. Conclusions and guidelines for handwriting comparison -- 8. Identification of handwriting -- 9. Identification of signatures -- 10. Identification of hand printing and numerals -- 11. Disguise in hand printing and numerals -- 12. Preparation and collection of signatures and handwriting standards -- 13. Pens and pencils -- 14. Typography -- 15. Typewriters -- 16. The examination of computer-generated documents -- 17. Photocopiers -- 18. Facsimile machines -- 19. Manipulated photocopies, faxes, and computer-printed documents -- 20. Rubber stamps -- 21. Checkwriters -- 22. Staples -- 23. Conventional printing processes -- 24. Paper examinations -- 25. Carbonless paper -- 26. Accidental markings and indented writing on a document -- 27. Alterations in documents -- 28. Multi-faceted approach -- 29. The role of indentation analysis, offsetting, and transfer -- 30. Dating by materials: identification, comparison, and examination of changes -- 31. Cameras, scanners, and image enhancement -- 32. Conclusions and guidelines -- 33. Considerations in preparing for court -- 34. Demonstrative charts -- 35. Pretrial conference -- 36. Preparation for a Daubert hearing -- 37. The untrained document expert witness -- 38. The document examiners testimony in court -- Glossary -- Index.
- Scientific foundation of neuropsychological assessment. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectScientific neurological basis for assessment -- Introductory scientific history to neuropsychological assessment -- Nature of science -- Theoretical foundation of neurological assessment -- Neuropsychological basis of assessment -- Brain-function analysis -- Formal analytic methodology -- Neuropsychological battery patterns -- Justification of formal procedures -- Fundamental psychometric status of neuropsychological batteries -- Justification of neuropsychological batteries -- Accuracy of formal neuropsychological methods -- Application to forensics -- Admissibility of neuropsychological expert testimony under the Daubert and Frye evidentiary standards -- Usefulness of a validated neuropsychological test battery is scientifically supporting and communicating forensic evaluation results -- Formal neuropsychological methods -- In defense of the Halstead-Reitan Battery: a critique of Lezak's review -- In defense of the Halstead-Reitan Battery: revisited -- Norming subjects for the Halstead-Reitan Battery -- Major Halstead-Reitan Battern norm sets.
- Scientific Foundations for Future Physicians 2009, AAMCPresents a new framework for preparing students with the scientific know-how optimal for studying medicine and becoming physicians.
- Scientific imaging with Photoshop 2008, ProQuest Safari
- Scientific papers and presentations. Rev. ed. 2005, ScienceDirectThe semantic environment of science -- Before you begin -- Organizing and writing a rough draft -- Searching and reviewing scientific literature -- The proposal -- The graduate thesis -- Publishing in scientific journals -- Style and accuracy in the final draft -- Reviewing and revising -- Titles and abstracts -- Presenting data -- Ethical and legal issues -- Scientific presentations -- Communication without words -- Visual aids to communication -- The oral presentation -- Poster presentations -- Group communications -- Communicating with other audiences -- To the international student.
- Scientific research as a career 2011, CRCnetBASE1. Introduction -- 2. Scientific training and personal development -- 3. The scientific method -- 4. Attributes required by research scientists -- 5. The impact of managerialism -- 6. Leadership in science -- 7. Insights from notable scientists -- 8. Future challenges for scientific research.
- Sclera. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerStructural Considerations of the Sclera --Immunologic Considerations of the Sclera --Diagnostic Approach of Episcleritis and Scleritis --Clinical Considerations of Episcleritis and Scleritis --Pathology in Scleritis --Noninfectious Scleritis --Infectious Scleritis --Noninflammatory Diseases of the Sclera --Treatment of Episcleritis and Scleritis.
- Scleroderma 2012, Springer
- I. Prefácio, por António Coutinho -- II. Notas para a História da Esclerose Múltipla, por Paulo Pacheco da Fontoura -- III. A Sclerose em Placas Disseminadas, por Vicente Ferreira de Moura -- IV. Notas Finais e Agradecimentos.
- Sclerotherapy. 5th ed. / 2011, ScienceDirect
- Screening and preventive diagnosis with radiological imaging 2007, Springer
- Scrotal pathology 2012, Springer
- Scrub typhus Lane Catalog record
- Seasonal climate 2008, Springer
- Seasonal forecasts, climatic change, and human health 2008, Springer
- Seasonality in human mortality 2007, Springer
- Seat on the aisle, please! 2006, Springer
- Second harmonic generation imaging 2014, CRCnetBASE"Second harmonic generation serves as the basis for a microscope imaging contrast mechanism that visualizes cell and tissue structure and function. This book provides a complete overview of the principles underlying this technique and its current applications, including use in molecular sensing. Covering practical issues related to instrumentation, the text examines which kinds of external labels to use. It also gives detailed reviews of the use of second harmonic generation in biomedical research, from imaging of cancer and skin disorders to self-assembled gels, holographic SHG imaging, and tissue engineering applications"--Provided by publisher.
- The commercialization of U.S. medicine --The consequences of commercialized care --The revolt of the payers --"Consumer-driven" health care: the new new thing --The reform we need --Can we get there? do we want to? --Lessons from Canada --An open letter to my colleagues in the medical profession.
- Second victim 2013, CRCnetBASEVictims -- Trauma -- Guilt -- Investigation -- Justice -- Forgiveness -- Support -- Resilience.
- Primary aldosteronism / Mihir M. Desai and Inderbir S. Gill -- Nonprimary aldosteronism / William T. Kendrick, Jean-Michel Archard, and David G. Warnock -- Hypertension in Cushing's syndrome / Judy A. Whitworth, George J. Mangos, and John J. Kelly -- Biochemical diagnosis and localization of pheochromocytoma / Emmanuel L. Bravo -- Pheochromocytoma treatment / Carl D. Malchoff, Dougald MacGillvray, and Steven Shichman -- New insights into pseudopheochromocytoma and emotionally provoked hypertension / Otto Kuchel -- Secondary hypertension in children and adolescents / Empar Lurbe and Joseph Redon -- Sleep apnea and hypertension / Thomas G. Pickering and Mona Yacoub.Refractory hypertension / George A. Mansoor -- Iatrogenic and drug-induced hypertension / Ehud Grossman and Franz H. Messerli -- Hypertension in chronic kidney disease / Robert D. Toto -- Diagnostic evaluation for patients with renovascular hypertension / Sumeska Thavarajah and William B. White -- Interventional treatments for renal artery stenosis / George A. Mansoor -- Medical management of renovascular hypertension / Vincent J. Canzanello -- Primary reninism or renin-secreting tumors / Timothy L. Reudelhuber -- Primary aldosteronism / William F. Young, Jr. -- Medical management of primary aldosteronism / Emmanuel L. Bravo --
- Secondary metabolism in model systems 2004, ScienceDirect
- Secret agents 2002, NAPDisease in disguise -- Winged victories -- Food fright -- Superbugs -- The once and future pandemic -- Infection unmasked -- Bioterror.
- Secret epidemic 2005, ebrary
- Secrets of women 2006
- Sectarian reformers in American medicine, 1800-1910 SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.1. Orthodoxy and American Practice -- 2. Old and New World Eclectics -- 3. Jeremiads and Apostates -- 4. Reform Literature -- 5. Reform Colleges -- 6. Reform Societies -- 7. Between the Abrahams -- Appendices -- A. Reform Medical Journals to 1909 -- B. Reform Medical Colleges to 1915 -- C. Reform Medical Societies to 1900.
- Sectional anatomy 2007, Springer
- CT of the abdomen / Kousei Ishigami -- MRI of the abdomen / Akihiro Nishie and Alan H. Stolpen -- CT of the male pelvis / Kousei Ishigami -- CT of the female pelvis / Kousei Ishigami -- MRI of the male pelvis / Akihiro Nishie and Alan H. Stolpen -- MRI of the female pelvis / Akihiro Nishie and Alan H. Stolpen.MR arthrography of the hip / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the thigh / Mark J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the knee / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the leg / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the ankle / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the foot / Mark. J. Kransdorf -- MRI of the thoracic spine / William J. Montgomery -- MRI of the lumbar spine / William J. Montgomery -- CT of the thorax / Brian F. Mullan -- MRI of the heart / Brian F. Mullan and Alan H. Stolpen --MRI of the pectoral girdle and chest wall / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MRI of the shoulder / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MR arthrography of the shoulder / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MRI of the arm / Thomas P. Martin and Timothy Averion-Mahloch -- MRI of the elbow / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the forearm / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the wrist / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the hand / Carol A. Boles -- MRI of the hip / Mark. J. Kransdorf --
- Seeing 2000, ScienceDirectFormation and sampling of the retinal image / Larry N. Thibos -- The receptive fields of visual neurons / Robert Shapley -- Spatial vision / Wilson S. Geisler and Duane G. Albrecht -- Color vision / Karen K. De Valois and Russell L. De Valois -- Binocular vision / Clifton Schor -- Seeing motion / Andrew Derrington -- The neural representation of shape / Jack L. Gallant -- Visual attention / Jeremy M. Wolfe.
- Seeing patients 2011"... Use[s] extensive research and interviews with leading physicians to show how subconscious stereotyping influences doctor-patient interactions, diagnosis, and treatment"--From publisher description.
- Terminology and classifications -- Perspectives -- Mechanisms of neuronal excitation and synchronization -- Basic mechanisms of seizures and epilepsy -- Causes of human epilepsy -- Epileptic seizures -- Epilepsy syndromes -- Epileptogenesis -- Periictal phenomena -- Status epilepticus -- Chronic behavioral disturbances -- Diagnostic evaluation -- Differential diagnosis -- General principles of treatment -- Antiseizure drugs -- Nonpharmacological therapy of seizures -- Social management.
- Presentation and pathophysiology of seizures in the critical care environment: an overview / Marek A. Mirski -- Stroke and critical care seizures / Panayiotis N. Varelas and Lotfi Hacein Bey -- Traumatic brain injury and seizures in the ICU / Andrew Beaumont and Grant Sinson -- Brain tumors and ICU seizures / Efstathios Papavassiliou and Panayiotis N. Varelas -- Global hypoxia-ischemia and critical care seizures / Matthew A. Koenig and Romergryko Geocadin -- Seizures in renal and hepatic failure and endocrine disease / Andrew Beaumont -- Seizures in organ transplant recipients / Greg A. Worrell and Eelco F. M. Wijdicks -- Extreme hypertension, eclampsia, and critical care seizures / Errol Gordon and Michel T. Torbey -- Infection or inflammation and ICU seizures / Wendy C. Ziai -- Electrolyte disturbance and critical care seizures / Jenice Robinson and Jose I. Suarez -- Alcohol-related seizures in the ICU / Zachary Webb -- Seizure-inducing drugs used for the critically ill / Rebecca E. Schuman and Panayiotis N. Varelas -- Critical care seizures related to illicit drugs and toxins / Andreas R. Luft -- Management of status epilepticus and critical care seizures / Panayiotis N. Varelas and Marianna V. Spanaki.
- Seizures in critical care. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerPresentation and pathophysiology of seizures in the critical care environment: an overview -- Diagnosing and monitoring seizures in the ICU: the role of continuous EEG for detection and management of seizures in critically ill patients -- Stroke and critical care seizures -- Traumatic brain injury and seizures in the ICU -- Brain tumors and ICU seizures -- Global hypoxia-ischemia and critical care seizures -- Seizures in fulminant hepatic failure, multiorgan failure, and endocrine crisis -- Seizures in organ transplant recipients -- Extreme hypertension, eclampsia and critical care seizures -- Infection or inflammation and ICU seizures -- Electrolyte disturbances and critical care seizures -- Alcohol-related seizures in the intensive care unit -- Drug-induced seizures in critically ill patients -- Critical care seizures related to illicit drugs and toxins -- Management of status epilepticus and critical care seizures.
- Seldin and Giebisch's The Kidney. 5th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectSection I. Epithelial and Nonepithelial Transport and Regulation -- Section II. Structural and Functional Organization of the Kidney -- Section III. Fluid and Electrolyte Regulation and Dysregulation -- Section IV. Pathophysiology of Renal Disease.
- Selected 2-alkoxyethanols 2010, WHO
- Selected aspects of cancer progression 2008, Springer
- Selected papers of Frederick Mosteller 2006, Springer
- The role of government in health care: a societal issue -- A simple continuous-flow blood transfusion instrument -- Carcinoma of the lung -- The development of vascular surgery -- Surgical treatment of aneurysm of abdominal aorta by resection and restoration of continuity with homograft -- Successful resection of aneurysm of thoracic aorta and replacement by graft -- Successful carotid endarterectomy for cerebrovascular insufficiency: nineteen-year follow-up -- Surgical considerations of dissecting aneurysm of the aorta -- Aneurysm of thoracoabdominal aorta involving the celiac, superior mesenteric, and renal arteries: report of four cases treated by resection and homograft replacement -- Patterns of atherosclerosis and their surgical significance -- Left ventricular bypass pump for cardiac assistance: clinical experience -- Human cardiac transplantation -- Aortocoronary bypass with saphenous vein graft: seven-year follow-up.
- Selection and breeding programs in aquaculture 2005, Springer
- Selection and use of contract research organizations 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Selective estrogen receptor modulators 2006, Springer
- Selective sentinel lymphadenectomy for human solid cancer 2005, Springer
- Selective sweep 2005, SpringerInferring evolutionary history through inter- and intraspecific DNA sequence comparison : the Drosophila janus and ocnus genes / John Parsch, Colin D. Meiklejohn and Daniel L. Hart -- Rapid evolution of sex-related genes : sexual conflict or sex-specific adaptations? / Alberto Civetta and Rama S. Singh -- Selective sweep in the evolution of a new sperm-specific gene in Drosophila / Rob J. Kulathinal ... [et al.] -- Detecting selective sweeps with haplotype tests : hitchhiking and haplotype tests / Frantz Depaulis, Sylvain Mousset and Michel Veuille -- A novel test statistic for the identification of local selective sweeps based on microsatellite gene diversity / Christian Schlutterer and Daniel Dieringer -- Detecting hitchhiking from patterns of DNA polymorphism / Justin C. Fay and Chung-I Wu -- Periodic selection and ecological diversity in bacteria / Frederick M. Cohan -- Distribution and abundance of polymorphism in the malaria genome / Stephen M. Rich -- Selective sweeps in structured populations-empirical evidence and theoretical studies / Thomas Wiehe, Karl Schmid and Wolfgang Stephan.
- Selenium. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Selenium. 3rd ed. 2012, Springer
- Self assessment questions in rheumatology 2009, Springer
- Self management of chronic disease 2009, Springer
- Self-assessment in clinical psychiatry 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- Self-assessment in clinical psychopharmacology. [2nd ed.]. 2007, PsychiatryOnline
- Self-help in mental health 2010, SpringerWhat constitutes self-help in mental health and what can be done to improve it? -- The self-help movement in mental health : from passivity to interactivity -- Distance writing : helping without seeing participants -- Bibliotherapy -- Online support groups and therapy -- Manuals for practitioners -- Anxiety disorders -- Mood disorders -- Eating disorders : anorexia, bulimia, and obesity -- Addictive behaviors -- Personality disorders -- Severe psychopathology -- Medical conditions -- Who benefits by self-help and why?
- Selfish cell 2008, Springer
- Semantic cognition 2004
- Semantic web 2007, Springer
- Semantic web for the working ontologist SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Semaphorins 2007, SpringerThe CRMP family of proteins and their role in Sema3A signaling / Eric F. Schmidt and Stephen M. Strittmatter -- GTPases in semaphorin signaling / Andreas W. Püchel -- Intracellular kinases in semaphorin signaling / Aminul Ahmed and Britta J. Eickholt -- Mical flavoprotein monooxygenases : structure, function and role in semaphorin signaling / Sharon M. Kolk and R. Jeroen Pasterkamp -- Signaling of secreted semaphorins in growth cone steering / Sangwoo Shim and Guo-li Ming -- Modulation of semaphorin signaling by IG superfamily cell adhesion molecules / Ahmad Bechara ... [et al.] -- Proteoglycans as modulators of axon guidance cue function / Joris de Wit and Joost Verhaagen -- Semaphorin signals in cell adhesion and cell migration : functional role and molecular mechanisms / Andrea Casazza, Pietro Fazzari, and Luca Tamagnone -- Semaphorin signaling during cardiac development / Toshihiko Toyofuku and Hitoshi Kikutani -- Semaphorin signaling in vascular and tumor biology / Gera Neufeld ... [et al.].
- "The semblance hypothesis explains how associative memory can result from the multidimensional semblance of activity from a specific set of presynaptic terminals at different orders of neurons. The hypothesized basic units are then examined for their feasibility to explain various physiological and pathological conditions of the nervous system, ranging from physiological time-scales of memory retrieval to plausible explanation for long term potentiation (LTP)"--Back cover.
- Preface / Lothar Thomas -- Introduction / Sabine Päuser -- From matula to test strip: the history of urine examination / Johannes Büttner -- Windows onto the building blocks of tissue: the history of histology / Erika and Gerd Novotny -- Pisse prophets, polarimetry and patient self-monitoring: the history of diabetes testing / Robert Tattersall and Rainer Proetzsch -- Arsenic--detection of a folk poison : the beginnings of toxicology / Burkhard Ziebolz -- Old scourges and new: microbe hunters explore a hidden world / Elmer W. Koneman -- The fungus among us / Elmer W. Koneman -- Living worms in living flesh: the diagnosis of parasitic diseases / Elmer W. Koneman -- From hobby to practical science: physicians discover the diagnostic utility of chemistry / Johannes Büttner -- Motes, protective ferments and hormones: pregnancy testing from antiquity to the present day / Ralf Bröer -- Blood lines / Erika Keller -- Cancer signs / Sabine Päuser -- The medium matters / Rolf Steinmüller -- Fighting the white death: Robert Koch, tuberculosis and tuberculin / Christoph Gradmann -- The analysis of biocatalysts: the develpment of clinical enzymology / Naotaka Hamasaki -- The development of coagulation diagnostics: a detective story / Monika Barthels -- It's a small world: the history of virological diagnosis / Elmer W. Koneman -- Immunoassays open up new possibilities in diagnostic testing / Heinz Fiedler -- The rise of automation / Dieter J. Vonderschmitt ... [et al.] -- Matters of the heart: the laboratory contribution to cardiodiagnostics / Peter Stiefelhagen and Sabine Päuser -- The dawning of a new era: PCR revolutionises diagnostics / Hans-Joachim Burkardt and Sabine Päuser -- What can genetic tests tell us? / Friedrich E. Maly -- Proteomics targets new disease markers / Michael Tacke -- Near-patient diagnostics: the laboratory goes to the patient / Wolfgang J. Fiedler -- Information is our future: enhancing treatment efficacy with individualised health prognoses / Hamid Emminger and Oliver Mast -- Pharmacogenetics: paving the way to more individualised medicine / Klaus Lindpaintner -- About the authors.
- Sensing the environment 2012, SpringerIntroduction --Biogenic Amines in the Skin --Melatoninergic System in the Skin --Cutaneous Cholinergic System --Corticotropin Signaling System in the Skin --Steroidogenesis in the Skin --Equivalent of Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Adrenal Axis in the Skin --Cutaneous Secosteroidal System --Equivalent of Hypothalamic-Pituitary-Thyroid Axis --Cutaneous Opioid System --Cutaneous Endocannabinoid System --Perspectives.
- Sensing, signaling and cell adaptation 2002, ScienceDirectIschemic tolerance in the brain : models and mechanisms / Michael Bell, Kelly Drew, Mark Smith and John Hallenbeck -- Regulation of gene expression by hypoxia in lung alveolar epithelial cells / Christine Clerici, Tokujiro Uchida, Carole Planès and Michael A. Matthay -- A profile of the metabolic responses to anoxia in marine invertebrates / Kevin Larade and Kenneth B. Storey -- The role of adenosine in tissue protection during ischemia-reperfusion / Gail W. Sullivan and Joel Linden -- NF-kB function in inflammation, cellular stress and disease / Neil R. Chapman, Sonia Rocha, Ian M. Adcock and Neil D. Perkins -- MAPping stress survival in yeasts : from the cell surface to the nucleus / Aaron Ngocky Nguyen and Kazuhiro Shiozaki -- Calcium signaling mediated by cyclic ADP-ribose and NAADP : roles in cellular response to stress / Hon Cheung Lee -- The cellular and molecular basis of the detection of pain / Jennifer K. Bonnington, David R. Robinson, Vittorio Vellani and Peter A. McNaughton -- Acquired freezing tolerance in higher plants : the sensing and molecular responses to low nonfreezing temperatures / Zhanguo Xin -- Sensing and responses to low temperature in cyanobacteria / Dmitry A. Los and Norio Murata -- Dehydrins / Jan Svensson, Abdelbagi M. Ismail, E. Tapio Palva and Timothy J. Close -- Dual role of membranes in heat stress : as thermosensors they modulate the expression of stress genes and, by interacting with stress proteins, re-organize their own lipid order and functionality / László Vígh and Bruno Maresca -- Cellular adaptation to amino acid availability: Mechanisms involved in the regulation of gene expression and protein metabolism / Sylvie Mordier, Alain Bruhat, Julien Averous and Pierre Fafournoux -- Amino acid-dependent signal transduction / Peter F. Dubbelhuis and Alfred J. Meijer --Signal transduction pathways involved in the regulation of drug metabolizing enzymes / Vidya Hebbar and A.-N. Tony Kong -- Biological actions of infrared radiation / Lee Laurent-Applegate and Stéphanie Roques -- Energy sensing and photostasis in photoautotrophs / Norman P.A. Huner, Alexander G. Ivanov, Kenneth E. Wilson, Ewa Miskiewicz, Marianna Krol and Gunnar Öquist -- The uncoupling proteins family: From thermogenesis to the regulation of ROS / Marie-Clotilde Alves-Guerra, Claire Pecqueur, Alison Shaw, Elodi Couplan, Maria Del Mar, Gonzalez Barroso, Daniel Ricquier, Frédéric Bouillaud and Bruno Miroux -- Regulation of proliferation, differentiation and apoptosis of brown adipocytes : signal transduction pathways involved / Almudena Porras and Manuel Benito -- Control analysis of metabolic depression / R. Keira Curtis, Tammie Bishop and Martin D. Brand -- Evolution of physiological adaptation / Douglas L. Crawford -- Dynamic use of cDNA arrays : heterologous probing for gene discovery and exploration of organismal adaptation to environmental stress / Sean F. Eddy and Kenneth B. Storey.
- Sensitivity and uncertainty analysis v. 1-2, 2003-05., CRCnetBASEv. 2, 2005 CRCnetBASEv. 1. Theory / Dan G. Cacuci -- v. 2. Applications to large-scale systems / Dan G. Cacuci, Mihaela Ionescu-Bujor, Ionel Michael Navon.
- Sensitization of cancer cells for chemo/immuno/radio-therapy 2008, Springer
- Sensors in medicine and health care 2004, Wileych. 1 Introduction / Prof. P.Å. Öberg, F.A. Spelman and T. Togawa, p. 1-13 -- ch. 2 Optical Sensors in Medical Care / P. Åke Öberg, p. 15-43 -- ch. 3 Biosensors for Monitoring Glucose / J.D. Newman and A.P.F. Turner, p. 45-78 -- ch. 4 Biomagnetic Imaging: Principles of Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Emerging Techniques in Progress / S. Ueno and N. Iriguchi, p. 79-105 -- ch. 5 Non-Invasive Cardiovascular Hemodynamic Measurements / K. Yamakoshi, p. 107-160 -- ch. 6 Sensors for Respiratory Monitoring / A. Johansson and B. Hök, p. 161-186 -- ch. 7 Sensors for Fetal and Neonatal Monitoring / P. Rolfe, p. 187-242 -- ch. 8 Body Motion Analysis / T. Tamura, p. 243-281 -- ch. 9 Cardiac Pacemakers / B. Hensel, G. Czygan, I. Weiss and T. Nappholz, p. 283-308 -- ch. 10 Cochlear Implants / F.A. Spelman, p. 309-338 -- ch. 11 Sensors for Catheter Applications / P.J. French, D. Tanase and J.F.L. Goosen, p. 339-380 -- ch. 12 Home Health Care and Telecare / T. Togawa, p. 381-405.
- Sensory and metabolic control of energy balance 2010, Springer
- Sensory mechanisms of the spinal cord. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2004.v. 1. Primary afferent neurons and the spinal dorsal horn -- v. 2. Ascending sensory tracts and their descending control.
- Sensory nerves 2009, Springer
- Sensory neuroscience, four laws of psychophysics 2009, Springer
- Sensory systems 2003, ScienceDirect
- Sentinel lymph node concept 2004, Springer
- Separation methods in drug synthesis and purification 2000, ScienceDirect
- Separation methods in proteomics 2006, CRCnetBASEApplications of pressure cycling technology (PCT) in proteomics / Feng Tao ... [et al.] -- Applications of ion-exchange (IEX) chromatography to reduce sample complexity prior to two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2DE) / Malcolm G. Pluskal, Eva Golenko, and Mary F. Lopez -- Separations in proteomics: use of camelid antibody fragments in the depletion and enrichment of human plasma proteins for proteomics applications / Mark ten Haaft, Pim Hermans, and Bruce Dawson -- Novel plasma protein separation strategy using multiple avian IgY antibodies for proteomic analysis / Sun W. Tam ... [et al.] -- Immunoaffinity depletion of high-abundant proteins for proteomic sample preparation / Nina Zolotarjova ... [et al.] -- Isolation of plasma membrane proteins for proteomic analysis / Catherine Fenselau and Amir Rahbar -- New ultrafiltration and solid phase extraction techniques improve serum peptide detection / Elena Chernokalskaya ... [et al.] -- Tools for sample preparation and prefractionation in two-dimensional (2D) gel electrophoresis / Anton Posch, Aran Paulus, and Mary Grace Brubacher -- Optic nerve fractionation for proteomics / Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya ... [et al.] -- Fractionation of retina for proteomic analyses / Sanjoy K. Bhattacharya ... [et al.] -- Reducing protein sample complexity with free flow electrophoresis (FFE) / Askar Kuchumov, Gerhard Weber, Christoph Eckerskorn --Destreaking strategies for two-dimensional electrophoresis / Fengju Bai, Sheng Liu, and Frank A. Witzmann -- Proteomic approaches to the study of rheumatoid arthritis / Mikaela Antonovici ... [et al.] -- Immunoglobulin patterns in health and disease / Ingrid Miller and Marcia Goldfarb -- Difference gel electrophoresis (DIGE) / Mustafa Unlu and Jonathan Minden -- Principles and challenges of basic protein separation by two-dimensional (2D) electrophoresis / Anton Posch, Aran Paulus, and Mary Grace Brubacher -- Multidimensional separation of membrane proteins / Susan Francis-McIntyre and Simon J. Gaskell -- Structural approaches to glycoproteomics / Heidi Geiser, Cristina Silvescu, and Vernon Reinhold -- Enrichment and analysis of glycoproteins in the proteome / Nicole L. Wilson, Niclas G. Karlsson, and Nicolle H. Packer -- Proteomic analyses using high-efficiency separations and accurate mass measurements / Jon M. Jacobs and Richard D. Smith -- Middle-out proteomics: incorporating multidimensional protein fractionation and intact protein mass analysis as elements of a proteomic workflow / Scott J. Berger ... [et al.] -- Polymeric monolithic capillary columns in proteomics / Alexander R. Ivanov -- Proteins staining in polyacrylamide gels / Gary B. Smejkal -- Multiplexed proteomics: fluorescent detection of proteins, glycoproteins, and phosphoproteins in two-dimensional (2D) gels / Birte Aggeler-Schulenberg -- Glyoxyl agarose and its composite gels: advantageous alternatives to polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis for very large and small proteins and peptides and all sizes in between / John R. Shainoff -- Nuclear magnetic resonance-driven chemical proteomics: the functional and mechanistic complement to proteomics / Phani Kumar Pullela and Daniel S. Sem -- Electrophoretic nuclear magnetic resonance in proteomics: toward high-throughput structural characterization of biological signaling processes / Qiuhong He and Xiangjin Song.
- Separation science and technology v. 1-, 1998-, ScienceDirect
- Separation techniques in clinical chemistry 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Sepsis 2008, Springer
- Sepsis 2011, KargerRoger C. Bone, MD and the evolving paradigms of sepsis / Balk, R. -- Clinical aspects of sepsis / Holub, M.; Závada, J. -- Virulence factors of gram-negative bacteria in sepsis with a focus on Neisseria meningitidis / Livorsi, D.J.; Stenehjem, E.; Stephens, D.S. -- Molecular mechanisms of sepsis / Russell, J.A. ... [et al.] -- Pro-inflammatory mechanisms in sepsis / Chong, D.L.W.; Sriskandan, S. -- Anti-inflammatory mechanisms of sepsis / Shubin, N.J.; Monaghan, S.F.; Ayala, A. -- Regulation of pro- and anti-inflammatory host responses / van der Poll, T.; van Zoelen, M.A.D.; Wiersinga, W.J. -- Future perspectives on regulating pro- and anti-inflammatory responses in sepsis / Delsesto, D., Opal, S.M.
- Sepsis management 2012, Springer
- Sepsis, kidney and multiple organ dysfunction 2004, Karger
- Sepsis-- new strategies for management 2008, Springer
- Sepsis. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Sequence - evolution - function 2003., NLM
- Sequence analysis in a nutshell. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Sequence comparison 2009, Springer
- Serial analysis of gene expression (SAGE) 2008, Springer ProtocolsSAGE and LongSAGE / Annabeth Laursen Høgh and Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- Robust-LongSAGE (RL-SAGE) : an improved LongSAGE method for high-throughput transcriptome analysis / Malali Gowda and Guo-Liang Wang -- aRNA LongSAGE : SAGE with antisense RNA / Anna M. Heidenblut -- SuperSAGE / Hideo Matsumura ... [et al.] -- Low-cost-medium throughput Sanger dideoxy sequencing / Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- DeepSAGE : higher sensitivity and multiplexing of samples using a simpler experimental protocol / Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- High-resolution, genome-wide mapping of chromatin modifications by GMAT / Tae-Young Roh and Keji Zhao -- 5'- and 3'-RACEfrom LongSAGE tags / Kåre Lehmann Nielsen -- Extraction and annotation of SAGE tags using sequence quality values / Jeppe Emmersen -- Correction of technology-related artifacts in serial analysis of gene expression / Viatcheslav R. Akmaev -- Duplicate ditag analysis in LongSAGE / Jeppe Emmersen -- Statistical comparison of two or more SAGE libraries : one tag at a time / Gerben J. Schaaf ... [et al.] -- Scaling of gene expression data allowing the comparison of different gene expression platforms / Fred van Ruissen ... [et al.] -- Clustering analysis of SAGE transcription profiles using a Poisson approach / Haiyan Huang, Li Cai, and Wing H. Wong -- Identifying nonspecific SAGE tags by context of gene expression / Xijin Ge and San Ming Wang.
- Serial murder and the psychology of violent crimes 2007, SpringerPt. I. The psychology of serial violent crimes. Normalcy in behavioral characteristics of the sadistic serial killer / Jack Levin and James Alan Fox -- The compulsive-repetitive offender: behavioral patterns, motivational dynamics / Louis B. Schlesinger -- Serial juvenile sex offenders and their offenses / Jessica Woodhams, Clive Hollin and Ray Bull -- A study of offense patterns and psychopathological characteristics among recidivistic Finnish homicide offenders / Helinä Häkkänen -- Sensational and extreme interests in adolescents / Kathy E Charles and Vincent Egan -- Narcissism, sadism and loneliness: the case of serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer / George B. Palermo -- pt. 2. New dimensions to violent crime. Sexual homicide: an overview of contemporary empirical research / Leonard I. Morgenbesser and Richard N. Kocsis -- Serial killers and serial rapists: a preliminary comparison of violence typologies / Stacey L. Shipley and Bruce A. Arrigo -- Firesetting: a burning issue / Jeffrey L. Geller -- The 'gentler sex': patterns in female serial murder / Hannah Scott -- Anatomy of a mass murder: a psychological profile of Martin Bryant and the Port Arthur massacre / Ian Sale -- pt. 3. Investigative considerations to serial violent crimes. Blundering justice: a case study of the Schiedam Park Murder / Peter J. van Koppen -- Sexual (lust) homicide: definitional constructs, dynamics and investigative considerations / Janet McClellan -- Criminal profile construction and investigative procedures: a study of the Westley Dodd serial sexual murders / Ronald Turco -- Psychological skills and criminal profile accuracy / Erica P. Hodges and Kristine M. Jacquin -- Profiling and professionalization of criminal investigation / Jeffrey B. Bumgarner
- "This book [is] part of a series of documents and tools supporting the IMCI (Integrated Management of Childhood Illness) strategy"--P.  of cover.
- Serosal membranes (pleura, pericardium, peritoneum) 2006, Springer
- Serotonin and anxiety 2012, Springer
- Serotonin and sleep 2008, Springer
- Serotonin receptors in neurobiology 2007, CRCnetBASEQuantitative imaging of serotonin autofluorescence with multiphoton microscopy / S.K. Kaushalya and Sudipta Maiti -- Monitoring receptor-mediated changes of intracellular cAMP level by using ion channels and fluorescent proteins as biosensors / Evgeni G. Ponimaskin ... [et al.] -- Membrane organization and dynamics of the serotonin1A receptor monitored using fluorescence microscopic approaches / Shanti Kalipatnapu, Thomas J. Pucadyil, and Amitabha Chattopadhyay -- Calmodulin is a 5-HT receptor interacting and regulatory protein / Justin N. Turner ... [et al.] -- Identification of novel transcriptional regulators in the nervous system / Federico Remes-Lenicov ... [et al.] -- Serotonin 2A (5-HT2A) receptor function: ligand-dependent mechanisms and pathways / Ishier Raote, Aditi Bhattacharya, and Mitradas M. Panicker -- The 5-HT1A receptor: a signaling hub linked to emotional balance / Probal Banerjee, Mukti Mehta, and Baishali Kanjilal -- Do limits of neuronal plasticity represent an opportunity for mental diseases, such as addiction to food and illegal drugs? Use and utilities of serotonin receptor knock-out mice / Valerie Compan -- Use of mice with targeted genetic inactivation in the serotonergic system for the study of anxiety / Miklos Toth.
- Serotonin-dopamine interaction 2008, ScienceDirect
- Serous cavity fluid and cerebrospinal fluid cytopathology 2012, SpringerIntroduction, Clinical and Technical Aspects--Normal Cytology--Reactive Mesothelial Hyperplasia--Malignant Mesothelioma--A Potential Litigation Diagnosis--Metastatic Cancers--Effusions in Children--Abdominopelvic Washings--Lymphocytic Effusions--Benign Inflammatory and Other Uncommon Conditions--Cerebrospinal Fluid.
- Serous effusions 2012, Springer
- Serpin structure and evolution. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectIntracellular production of recombinant serpins in yeast / Dion Kaiserman ... [et al.] -- Production of recombinant serpins in Escherichia coli / Mary C. Pearce and Lisa D. Cabrita -- Isolation and characterization of the nuclear serpin MENT / Sergei Grigoryev and Sheena McGowen -- Solving serpin crystal structures / Randy J. Read, Aiwu Zhou, and Penelope E. Stein -- Crystallography of serpins and serpin complexes / M.A. Dunstone and James Whisstock -- Serpins as hormone carriers : modulation of release / Robin Carrell, Xiaoqiang Qi, and Aiwu Zhou -- Serpin-glycosaminoglycan interactions / Chantelle M. Rein, Umesh R. Desai, and Frank C. Church -- Targeting serpins in high-throughput and structure-based drug design / Yi-Ping Chang ... [et al.] -- Development of inhibitors of plasminogen activator inhibitor-1 / Shih-Hon Li and Daniel A. Lawrence -- Bioinformatic approaches for the identification of serpin genes with multiple reactive site loop coding exons / Stefan Börner and Hermann Ragg -- Methods to measure the kinetics of protease inhibition by serpins / Anita J. Horvath ... [et al.] -- Predicting serpin/protease interactions / Jiangning Song ... [et al.] -- Amino-Terminal Oriented Mass spectrometry of Substrates (ATOMS) : N-terminal sequencing of proteins and proteolytic cleavage sites by quantitative mass spectrometry / Alain Doucet and Christopher M. Overall -- Computational methods for studying serpin conformational change and structural plasticity / Itamar Kass, Cyril F. Reboul, and Ashley M. Buckle -- Probing serpin conformational change using mass spectrometry and related methods / Yuko Tsutsui, Anindya Sarkar, and Patrick L. Wintrode -- Determining serpin conformational distributions with single molecule fluorescence / Nicole Mushero and Anne Gershenson -- Serpin polymerization in vitro / James A. Huntington and Masayuki Yamasaki -- The serpinopathies : studying serpin polymerization in vivo / James A. Irving ... [et al.].
- Sertoli cell biology 2005, ScienceDirect
- Fulltext (Pt. 2) NAPFulltext (Pt. 3) NAPFulltext (Pt. 4) NAPPt.1. Summary of the Chicago Workshop -- Pt. 2. Summary of the Austin Workshop -- Pt.3. Summary of the Los Angeles Workshop -- Pt. 4. Summary of the Washington, D.C. Workshop
- Severe injuries to the limbs 2007, SpringerIntroduction -- Primary treatment -- Definitive reconstruction -- Rehabilitation -- Treatment algorithm for missile open fractures of the limbs -- Conclusions.
- Severe pneumonia 2005
- Sex and gender aspects in clinical medicine 2012, Springer
- Sex and gender differences in pharmacology 2013, SpringerThis is the very first book to deal with sex and gender differences in drug therapy - an increasingly recognized medical need. It starts with an overview on S/G in clinical syndromes and a documentation of the medical and socioeconomic damage caused by gender specific adverse drug effects. Part I covers S/G differences in pharmacokinetics. Researchers will be satisfied by the detailed discussion of the mechanisms of S/G differences in drug effects that represents cutting edge science and includes interaction of drugs with sex hormones, genomic and epigenetic mechanisms. It also covers S/G in drug development, in animal models and clinical development and S/G in drug prescriptions. Part II targets S/G differences in drug effects in cardiovascular, pulmonary, CNS, neuromuscular, neuropsychiatric and metabolic diseases, in cancer, inflammation, and rheumatic diseases, in bacterial and retroviral infections, thrombosis, embolism. New drugs will be discussed.
- Sex differences 2000, ScienceDirect
- Sex differences in the human brain, their underpinnings and implications. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection I. General Overview -- Chapter 1. Sex differences in brain anatomy / Eileen Luders, Arthur W. Toga -- Chapter 2 . Sex differences in the human brain: A developmental perspective / Tomáš Paus -- Chapter 3. Sex influences on brain and emotional memory: The burden of proof has shifted / Larry Cahill -- Chapter 4. Sexual differentiation of the human brain in relation to gender identity and sexual orientation / Ivanka Savic, Alicia Garcia-Falgueras, Dick F. Swaab -- Section II. The Mechanisms Behind Sex Dimorphism in the Brain -- Chapter 5. Genes and brain sex differences / Francisco J. Sánchez, Eric Vilain -- Chapter 6. Genetic and epigenetic underpinnings of sex differences in the brain and in neurological and psychiatric disease susceptibility / Irfan A. Qureshi, Mark F. Mehler -- Chapter 7. Gene expression in neuroendocrine cells during the critical period for sexual differentiation of the brain / Khatuna Gagnidze, Donald W. Pfaff, Jessica A. Mong -- Chapter 8. Neurosteroids: Endogenous role in the human brain and therapeutic potentials / Doodipala Samba Reddy -- Section III. Clinical Implications -- Chapter 9. Sex and gender differences in pain and analgesia / Jeffrey S. Mogil, Andrea L. Bailey -- Chapter 10. The skewed sex distribution in affective disorders: A diagnostic, social, or biological problem? / Marianne J. Legato -- Chapter 11. Empathizing, systemizing, and the extreme male brain theory of autism / Simon Baron-Cohen -- Chapter 12. Gender and the injured brain / Paco S. Herson, Patricia D. Hurn.
- Sex hormones and immunity to infection 2010, SpringerSex differences in susceptibility to infection : an evolutionary perspective / Marlene Zuk and Andrew M. Stoehr -- Effects of sex steroids on innate and adaptive immunity / S. Ansar Ahmed, Ebru Karpuzoglu, and Deena Khan -- Sex steroid receptors in immune cells / Susan Kovats, Esther Carreras, and Hemant Agrawal -- Sex differences in susceptibility to viral infection / Sabra L. Klein and Sally Huber -- Sex differences in innate immune responses to bacterial pathogens / Jennifer A. Rettew, Ian Marriott, and Yvette M. Huet -- Sex hormones and regulation of host responses against parasites / James Alexander ... [et al.] -- Sex differences in parasitic infections : beyond the dogma of female-biased resistance / Galileo Escobedo, Marco A. De León, and Jorge Morale-Montor -- Progesterone, pregnancy, and innate immunity / Julia Szekeres-Bartho and Beata Polgar -- Pregnancy and susceptibility to parasites / Fiona L. Henriquez, Fiona M. Menzies, and Craig W. Roberts -- Sex steroids and risk of female genital tract infection / Patti Gravitt and Khalil Ghanem -- Sex, pregnancy, and measles / Allison C. Brown and William J. Moss -- Epilogue : challenges for the future / Craig W. Roberts and Sabra L. Klein.
- Introduction: The Political Body -- Constructing Race -- Constructing Sex -- Placed Bodies -- Ambiguous Bodies -- The Examined Body -- The Unexamined Body -- The Diseased Body -- Conclusion: The Body Politic.
- Sex-related homicide and death investigations 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Sexual dysfunction 2008, KargerIntroduction : new developments in the area of sexual dysfunction(s) / R. Balon -- Clinical and research evaluations of sexual dysfunctions / L.R. Derogatis -- Management of hypoactive sexual desire disorder / R.T. Segraves -- Erectile dysfunction / K. Wylie -- Recent advances in the classification, neurobiology, and treatment of premature ejaculation / M.D. Waldinger -- The impact of physical illness on sexual dysfunction / A. Clayton, S. Ramamurthy -- The impact of mental illness on sexual dysfunction / Z. Zemishlany, A. Weizman -- Psychotropics and sexual dysfunction : the evidence and treatments / L.A. Labbate -- Drugs of abuse and sexual functioning / A. Pacheco-Palha, M. Esteves -- Contribution of imaging to our understanding of sexual function and dysfunction / T.L. Woodard, M.P. Diamond.
- Sexual dysfunction 2011, KargerUpdate on diagnoses of sexual dysfunctions : controversies surrounding the proposed revisions of existing diagnostic entities and proposed new diagnoses / Balon, R. and Wise, T. -- Sexual desire and arousal disorders in women / Laan, E. and Both, S. -- Female orgasmic disorder / Rellini, A. and Clifton, J. -- Developments and trends in sex therapy / Meana, M. and Jones, S. -- The impact of cancer on sexual function / Morreale, M. -- Management of female sexual pain disorders / Boyer, S.C. ... [et al.] -- The impact of sexual trauma on sexual desire and function / McCarthy, B. and Farr, E. -- The complexity of Internet sexuality / Daneback, K. and Ross, M.W. -- Autogynephilia : an underappreciated paraphilia / Lawrence, A.A. -- Androgen deprivation treatment of sexual behavior / Houts, F.W. ... [et al.] -- Psychological and cross cultural aspects in infertility and human sexuality / Pacheco Palha, A. and Loureno, M.F.
- Sexual function in the prostate cancer patient 2009, SpringerSexual dysfunction presents a major challenge to physicians who take on the task of treating men with prostate cancer. While curing the disease and saving a life is paramount, improving technologies and therapies offer skilled surgeons and clinical oncologists the opportunity to eradicate the disease without compromising sexual function. In Sexual Function of the Prostate Cancer Patient, John Mulhall and a panel of internationally recognized experts on prostate cancer and sexual function assess in detail the current state of prostate cancer treatment. The authors offer a broad overview of the pathophysiology and treatment of erectile dysfunction in men with prostate cancer, reviewing the latest findings regarding erection-sparing radiation therapy and sexual function outcomes after laparascopic and robotic prostatectomy. Additional chapters discuss intra-operative maneuvers to minimize post-operative erectile dysfunction and pharmacologic penile preservation and rehabilitation. Timely and authoritative, Sexual Function in the Prostate Cancer Patient is a highly readable guide to preserving post-prostate cancer sexual function that no urologist or radiation and medical oncologist should be without.
- Sexual health and genital medicine in clinical practice 2007, Springer
- Sexual medicine in clinical practice 2013, Springer
- Sexual murder 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Sexual partnering, sexual practices, and health 2006, SpringerDiverse monogamies -- Multi-bonding: polygamy, polygyny, polyamory -- Child "partnering": incest, pedophilia, and child marriage -- Commercial partnering: sex work, trafficking, and pornography -- Object relations: fetish and related behaviors.
- Sexualities and identities of minority women 2009, Springer
- Sexuality and aging 2012, Springer
- Sexually transmissible infections in clinical practice 2009, Springer
- Sexually transmitted diseases 2006, Springer
- Sexually transmitted diseases 2000, ScienceDirectI. Epidemiology, physiology and immunology. 1. Global epidemiology of sexually transmitted diseases / Anthony L. Cunningham, Adrian Mindel and Dominic E. Dwyer ; 2. The changing epidemiology of sexually transmitted diseases: the Russian experience / Mikhail Gomberg, Vagan A. Akovbian and Anna A. Koubanova ; 3. The genital tract: developmental, anatomical and microbiological factors affecting STD acquisition and strategies for prevention / Morris D. Cooper ; 4. Mucosal immunity of the genital tract / David I. Bernstein and Gregg N. Milligan -- II. Non-specific strategies for control. 5. Behavioral and psychological factors associated with STD risk / Susan L. Rosenthal, Sheila S. Cohen, and Frank M. Biro ; 6. Physical barrier methods: acceptance, use and effectiveness / Joseph Kelaghan ; 7. Topical microbicides / Penelope J. Hitchcock -- III. Pathogens and vaccines. 8. Genital and perinatal herpes simplex virus infections: prophylactic vaccines / Lawrence R. Stanberry ; 9. Therapeutic vaccines for control of herpes simplex virus chronic infections / Pierre Vandepapelière ; 10. Cytomegalovirus / John D. Shanley ; 11. Genital papillomavirus infection / Jessica L. Severson, Karl R. Beutner and Stephen K. Tyring ; 12. Therapeutic vaccines for control of human papillomavirus chronic infections / Pierre Vandepapelière ; 13. Hepatitis B virus infection / Jane N. Zuckerman and Arie J. Zuckerman ; 14. Therapeutic vaccines for chronic hepatitis B infection / Pierre Vandepapelière ; 15. Chlamydia / Robert C. Brunham and Grant McClarty ; 16. Gonorrhea: epidemiology, control and prevention / Jonathan M. Zenilman and Carolyn D. Deal ; 17 Syphilis / Adrian Mindel and Claudia Estcourt ; 18. HIV vaccines: milestones and new insights / Bonnie J. Mathieson -- Index.
- "These guidelines for the treatment of persons who have sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) were developed by CDC after consultation with a group of professionals knowledgeable in the field of STDs who met in Atlanta, Georgia, during April 19-21, 2005. The information in this report updates the Sexually Transmitted Diseases Treatment Guidelines, 2002 (MMWR 2002;51[No. RR-6]). Included in these updated guidelines are an expanded diagnostic evaluation for cervicitis and trichomoniasis; new antimicrobial recommendations for trichomoniasis; additional data on the clinical efficacy of azithromycin for chlamydial infections in pregnancy; discussion of the role of Mycoplasma genitalium and trichomoniasis in urethritis/cervicitis and treatment-related implications; emergence of lymphogranuloma venereum protocolitis among men who have sex with men (MSM); expanded discussion of the criteria for spinal fluid examination to evaluate for neurosyphilis; the emergence of azithromycin- resistant Treponema pallidum; increasing prevalence of quinolone-resistant Neisseria gonorrhoeae in MSM; revised discussion concerning the sexual transmission of hepatitis C; postexposure prophylaxis after sexual assault; and an expanded discussion of STD prevention approaches." - p. 1
- Shackelford's Surgery of the alimentary tract. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2007.
- Shaped-beam radiosurgery 2011, Springer
- Sabiston Textbook of surgery. 17th ed...
- — Shaped-beam radiosurgery ...............
- Shared destiny .........................
- — Spine secrets ..........................
- Spine secrets plus. 2nd ed. ............
- — Stroke genomics ........................
- Stroke prevention in clinical practic...
- — Systems thinking for health systems s...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty