TAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- T cell activation by CD1 and lipid antigens 2007, Springer
- T cell protocols. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer ProtocolsAnalysis of frequency and phenotype of antigen-specific T cells / Angus Stock and Vincenzo Cerundolo -- B cell helper assays / Sergio Abrignani, ... [et al.] -- Transkingdom RNA interference (tkRNAi) / Thu A. Nguyen and Johannes H. Fruehauf -- Flow cytometry and cell activation / Sonia Gavasso -- Investigating T cells by polychromatic flow cytometry / Enrico Lugli, Leonarda Troiano, and Andrea Cossarizza -- Generation of human T cell clones / Sabrina Mariotti and Roberto Nisini -- Limiting dilution analysis of antigen-specific T cells / Jorge Carneiro, Lurdes Duarte, and Elisabetta Padovan -- T cell epitope-mapping by cytokine gene expression assay / Maurizio Provengano and Giulio C. Spagnoli -- Cytokine multiplex immunoassay / Wilco de Jager, Berent Prakken, and Ger T. Rijkers -- Purification of the T cell antigen receptor and analysis by blue-native PAGE / Mahima Swamy and Wolfgang W.A. Schamel -- Non-replicating recombinant vaccinia virus expressing CD80 to enhance T-cell stimulation / Paul Zajac.
- T Lymphocytes as tools in diagnostics and immunotoxicology 2014, SpringerThis book summarizes the state-of-the art in the development of T cell-based in vitro assays, which offer useful tools for hazard identification, risk assessment and improvement of diagnostics. It will be of interest to scientists, the chemical and pharmaceutical industry, and regulators involved in the replacement of animal testing methods. The identification of hazardous chemicals and drugs is essential to ensuring human health. The ban on animal testing for the cosmetics industry since 2009 and international efforts to reduce and replace animal testing in research and immunotoxicology call for alternative in vitro methods. The most specific immune response to chemicals and drugs that cause allergic contact dermatitis, respiratory disease and adverse drug reactions is the highly antigen-specific T lymphocyte response. Therefore the use of T cells as tools for identifying contact allergens and drugs that may cause health problems is of great interest.
- T-cell lymphomas 2013, SpringerThe mature T and NK cell lymphomas are rare, comprising approximately 10% of all malignant lymphomas. The incidence of T-cell lymphoma is variable around the world, with a higher incidence compared to B-cell lymphomas in the Asian basin. While the overall incidence of B-cell lymphomas has begun to decline in the United States, the incidence of T-cell lymphomas continues to rise. Over the last decade, a number of novel agents have been developed which target T-cell lymphomas and studies have identified novel genes and pathways associated with lymphomagenesis in T-cells. This comprehensive volume examines the clinical and biological aspects of the T-cell lymphoproliferative disorders in adults and children. The book includes an overview of both the cutaneous and the systemic T-cell malignancies and addresses the classification of T-cell lymphomas, the clinical features of each subtype, and the relevant molecular and genetic studies. Clinical outcomes and treatment strategies are discussed with an emphasis on the development of novel biological and targeted therapies. An outstanding resource for hematologists and oncologists, this book gathers insights from experts in the field and provides the most up-to-date information on all of the T-cell lymphoma subgroups and current and emerging therapies.
- Tachdjian's Pediatric orthopaedics. 4th ed. v. 1-3, 2008.Print Material
- Tai chi chuan 2008, KargerTemporal characteristics of foot movement in tai chi exercise / Hong, Y., Mao, D.W., Lia, J.X. -- The exercise intensity of tai chi chuan / Lan, C., Chen, S.-Y., Lai, J.-S. -- Tai chi exercise and muscle strength and endurance in older people / Xu, D.Q., Hong, Y., Li, J.X. -- Muscle action pattern and knee extensor strength of older tai chi exercisers / Wu, G. -- The effectiveness of tai chi exercise in improving aerobic capacity : an updated meta-analysis / Taylor-Piliae, R.E. -- Tai chi exercise in improving cardiorespiratory capacity / Thornton, E.W. --Effects of a traditional taiji/qigong curriculum on older adults' immune response to influenza vaccine / Yang, Y. ... [et al.] -- Tai chi exercise and proprioception behavior in old people / Li; J.X., Xu, D.Q., Hong, Y. -- Neural mechanisms underlying balance control in tai chi / Gatts, S. -- Sensorimotor control of balance : a tai chi solution for balance disorders in older subjects / Tsang, W.W.N., Hui-Chan, C.W.Y -- Tai chi and balance control / Wong, A.M.K., Lan, C. -- Tai chi and falls prevention in older people / Harmer, P.A., Li, F. --Tai chi exercise and the improvement of mental and physical health among college students / Wang, Y.T. -- Effect of tai chi on depressive symptoms amongst Chinese older patients with major depression : the role of social support / Chou, K.-L. -- Tai chi exercise and the improvement of health and well-being in older adults / Yau, M.K.-s. -- Teaching tai chi with mindfulness-based stress reduction to middle school children in the inner-city : a review of the literature and approaches / Wall, R.B. --Tai chi chuan in the management of Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease / Klein, P.J. -- Tai chi training for patients with coronary heart disease / Lan, C. ... [et al.] -- Tai chi exercise in patients with chronic heart failure / Yeh, G.Y., Wayne, P.M., Phillips, R.S. -- Tai chi chuan for breast cancer survivors / Mustian, K.M., Palesh, O.G., Flecksteiner, S.A. -- Tai chi improves pain and functional status in adults with rheumatoid arthritis : results of a pilot single-blinded randomized controlled trial / Wang, C. -- Effects of tai chi exercise on patients with type 2 diabetes / Wang, J.H.
- Taiwanese native medicinal plants 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Taking your iPhone to the max 2008, SpringerA guide to the iPhone discusses the features of the device, including the iPhone media and the QWERTY keyboard, as well as its e-mail, voicemail, and calendar functions; Internet connectivity and applications; third-party software to enhance the iPhone; iTunes, iBooks, and iPhone games; power user applications; and accessories
- Talar osteochondral defects 2014, Springer
- Talent is Overrated Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Talking about spirituality in health care practice 2006, ebraryIntroduction : Finding a voice for the spirit -- Spirituality and the holistic approach -- Learning about spirituality in the multi-professional team -- Developing opportunities to talk about spirituality -- Understanding spirituality -- Spiritual care -- Outcomes and opportunities -- Conclusion : the journey continues.
- Print Material
- Tamime and Robinson's Yoghurt. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Tandem repeat polymorphisms Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialTandem repeat polymorphisms : mediators of genetic plasticity, modulators of biological diversity and dynamic sources of disease susceptibility / Anthony J. Hannan -- Evolution of simple sequence repeats as mutable sites / David G. King -- Single amino acid and trinucleotide repeats : function and evolution / Noel Faux -- Promoter microsatellites as modulators of human gene expression / Sterling M. Sawaya ... [et al.] -- Dynamic mutations : where are they now? / Clare L. Van Eyk and Robert I. Richards -- Unstable mutations in the FMR1 gene and the phenotypes / Danuta Loesch and Randi Hagerman -- Molecular pathways to polyglutamine aggregation / Amy L. Robertson and Stephen P. Bottomley -- Polyglutamine aggregation in Huntington and related diseases / Saskia Polling, Andrew F. Hill and Danny M. Hatters -- Selective neurodegeneration, neuropathology and symptom profiles in Huntington's disease / Henry J. Waldvogel ... [et al.] -- Kennedy's disease : clinical significance of tandem repeats in the androgen receptor / Jeffrey D. Zajac and Mark Ng Tang Fui -- Characterising the neuropathology and neurobehavioural phenotype in Friedreich ataxia : a systematic review / Louise A. Corben ... [et al.] -- Polyalanine tract disorders and neurocognitive phenotypes / Cheryl Shoubridge and Jozef Gecz.
- Print Material
- Target discovery and validation reviews and protocols Springer Protocolsv. 2 Springer Protocolsv. 1. Emerging strategies for targets and biomarker discovery -- v. 2. Emerging molecular targets and treatment options.
- Target pattern recognition in innate immunity 2009, SpringerMacrophage pattern recognition receptors in immunity, homeostasis, and self tolerance / Subhankar Mukhopadhyay, Annette Plüddemann, and Siamon Gordon -- Pattern recognition by toll-like receptors / Stefan Bauer, Thomas Müller, and Svetlana Hamm -- Nod-like receptors : pivotal guardians of the immunological integrity of barrier organs / Philip Rosenstiel and Stefan Schreiber -- Toll-like receptors and nod-like receptors : domain architecture and cellular signalling / Tanja Langefeld ... [et al.] -- Humoral pattern recognition molecules : mannan-binding lectin and ficolins / Steffen Thiel and Mihaela Gadjeva --Lung surfactant proteins A and D as pattern recognition proteins / Patrick Waters ... [et al.] -- Pattern recognition by pentraxins / Alok Agrawal ... [et al.] -- Target pattern recognition by complement proteins of the classical and alternative pathways / Yu-hoi Kang ... [et al.] -- Pattern recognition in phagocytic clearance of altered self / Yoshinobu Nakanishi, Peter M. Henson and Akiko Shiratsuchi -- Structural basis of pattern recognition by innate immune molecules / Eamon P. McGreal -- Lessons from the fly : pattern recognition in Drosophila melanogaster / Subhamoy Pal and Louisa P. Wu -- Immune recognition of plasmodium-infected erythrocytes / Damien V. Cordery and Britta C. Urban -- Innate immune recognition in tuberculosis infection / Anthony G. Tsolaki.
- Target volume delineation and field setup 2013, SpringerThis handbook is designed to enable radiation oncologists to appropriately and confidently delineate tumor volumes/fields for conformal radiation therapy, including intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), in patients with commonly encountered cancers.The orientation of this handbook is entirely practical, in that the focus is on the illustration of clinical target volume (CTV) delineation for each major malignancy. Each chapter provides guidelines and concise knowledge on CTV selection for a particular disease, explains how the anatomy of lymphatic drainage shapes the selection of the target volume, and presents detailed illustrations of volumes, slice by slice, on planning CT images. While the emphasis is on target volume delineation for three-dimensional conformal therapy and IMRT, information is also provided on conventional radiation therapy field setup and planning for certain malignancies for which IMRT is not currently suitable.
- Targeted cancer immune therapy 2009, Springer
- Targeted cancer therapy 2008, SpringerPerspectives : bench to bedside and back / Jennifer Wheler and Razelle Kurzrock -- Targeted therapy in acute myelogenous leukemia / Elihu Estey -- Targeted therapy in breast cancer / Barbara S. Craft and Stacy Moulder -- Targeted therapy in chronic lymphocytic leukemia / Apostolia-Maria Tsimberidou and Michael J. Keating -- Targeted therapy in chronic myeloid leukemia / Elias Jabbour, Jorge Cortes, and Hagop Kantarjian -- Targeted therapy in colorectal cancer / Scott Kopetz -- Targeted therapy in non-small cell lung cancer / David J. Stewart -- Targeted therapy in lymphoma / Amanda Wedgwood and Anas Younes -- Targeted therapy in melanoma / Michael Davies, Sunil Patel, and Kevin B. Kim -- Targeted therapy in multiple myeloma / Yuhong Zhou, Raymond Alexanian, and Micael Wang -- Targeted therapy in myelodysplastic syndrome / Alfonso Quintás-Cardama ... [et al.] -- Targeted therapy in epithelial ovarian cancer / Maurie Markman -- Targeted drug therapy in pancreatic cancer / Don L. Gibbons, Robert A. Wolff, and Gauri Varadhachary -- Targeted therapy in prostate cancer / Amado J. Zurita, John F. Ward, and Jeri Kim -- Targeted therapy in renal cell carcinoma / Eric Jonasch and Nizar Tannir -- Targeted therapy of Sarcoma / Joseph Ludwig and Jonathan C. Trent -- Targeted and functional imaging / Vikas Kundra, Dawid Schellingerhout, and Edward F. Jackson -- Combining targeted therapies / David Hong and Lakshmi Chintala -- Drug development in cancer medicine : challenges for targeted approaches / Luis H. Camacho -- Toward personalized therapy for cancer / Sarah J. Welsh and Garth Powis.
- Targeted delivery of small and macromolecular drugs 2010, CRCnetBASETherapeutic potential of targeted drug delivery / Ajit S. Narang and Ram I. Mahato -- Antibody therapies for liver malignancy and transplantation / John M. Luk and Kwong-Fai Wong -- Transferrin receptor-mediated transcytosis in intestinal epithelial cells for gastrointestinal absorption of protein drugs / Nurmamet Amet ... [et al.] -- Ionizing radiation for tumor targeted drug delivery / Roberto Diaz, Li Zhou, and Dennis E. Hallahan -- Recent advances in gene expression and delivery systems / Ravikiran Panakanti and Ram I. Mahato -- Cellular barriers for nucleic acid delivery and targeting / Arto Urtti -- Targeted delivery systems of non-viral nucleic acid-based therapeutics / Ga Yong Shim ... [et al.] -- Delivery and targeting of oligonucleotides and siRNA / Ningning Yang and Ram I. Mahato -- Liposomes for non-viral gene delivery / Jiasheng Tu ... [et al.] -- Delivering the bullet to the right intracellular target : a cellular perspective on drug delivery / Maria Teresa Tarragâo-Trani and Brian Storrie -- Mitochondria-targeted drug delivery / Volkmar Weissig and Gerard G. M. D'Souza -- Site-specific prodrug activation strategies for targeted drug action / Mark D. Erion -- Enzyme-activated prodrug strategies for targeted drug action / Jarkko Rautio ... [et al.] -- Targeting colon and kidney : pathophysiological determinants of design strategy / Ajit S. Narang and Ram I. Mahato -- Principles and practice of pulmonary drug delivery / Vivek Gupta, Chandan Thomas, and Fakhrul Ahsan -- Recent advances in ocular drug delivery : role of transporters, receptors, and nanocarriers / Gyan P. Mishra ... [et al.] -- Injectable polymers for regional drug delivery / Rajendra P. Pawar ... [et al.] -- Polymer-drug conjugates / Lucienne Juillerat-Jeanneret and Feride Cengelli -- Polymer micelles for drug delivery / Sungwon Kim and Kinam Park -- Multifunctional stimuli-responsive nanoparticles for targeted delivery of small and macromolecular therapeutics / Srinivas Ganta, Arun Iyer, and Mansoor Amiji -- Physiological stress responsive gene regulation systems for tissue targeting / Hyun Ah Kim and Minhyung Lee.
- Targeted drug strategies for cancer and inflammation 2011, Springer
- Targeted interference with signal transduction events 2007, SpringerIntroduction: the rationale for the development of targeted drugs in cancer therapy -- Identifying critical signaling molecules for the treatment of cancer -- Tyrosine kinase inhibitors and cancer therapy -- Targeting ERBB receptors in cancer -- Inhibition of the IGF-I receptor for treatment of cancer. Kinase inhibitors and monoclonal anitbodies as alternative approaches -- Inhibition of the TGF-B signaling pathway in tumor cells -- The mammalian target of rapamycin kinase and tumor growth inhibtition -- The ras signalling pathway as a target in cancer therapy -- The mitogen-activated protein kinase pathway for molecular-targeted cancer treatment -- Clinical relevance of tareted interference with Src-mediated signal transduction events.
- Targeted intraoperative radiotherapy in oncology 2014, SpringerTargeted intraoperative radiotherapy is a major advance in the management of cancer patients and has been attracting massive interest worldwide following publication of the results of an important randomized controlled trial in The Lancet. This textbook is designed to introduce this innovative technology in a comprehensive manner to clinicians dealing with cancer patients. Throughout, the emphasis is on practical aspects, and the text is supported by many excellent illustrations. The editors of the book have extensive experience in targeted intraoperative radiotherapy and include co-directors of the TARGIT Academy, which runs international training courses on the technology in the United Kingdom and Germany. They have brought together multidisciplinary contributors from different centers across the world who have wide experience in the field and whose work has been recognized internationally. It is the editors' hope that this book will succeed in ensuring that targeted intraoperative radiotherapy is used effectively worldwide.
- Targeted molecular imaging 2012, CRCnetBASE"Covering the fundamental concepts of molecular imaging, this work addresses basic principles, disease models, imaging studies in animals, imaging in initial human studies, and the application of molecular imaging in pharmacy and drug discovery. Topics are presented in logical progression, from basic concepts to applications. The text includes examples from human studies with imaging of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease, and neurodegenerative diseases. The book is a valuable tool for readers involved with molecular imaging, biomedical imaging, radiology, medical physics, medicinal chemistry, and pharmacology"--Provided by publisher.
- Targeted muscle reinnervation 2014, CRCnetBASE"This reference covers clinical and bioengineering aspects of muscle reinnervation, a popular new technique at the boundary of biomedical and rehabilitation engineering and neuroscience. With contributions from pioneers in the field, the book provides a review of muscle reinnervation from a biomedical engineering and clinical perspective. It describes neuroscience and other related neuroprosthetic techniques. A companion website offers a wide range of videos and multimedia material to aid in comprehension and application"--Provided by publisher.
- Targeted therapies 2011, SpringerResistance to Targeted Therapies As a Result of Mutation(s) in the Target / Alexis B. Cortot and Pasi A. Jänne -- The Dynamics of the Cell Signaling Network; Implications for Targeted Therapies / Daniel Gioeli -- Cancer Signaling Network Analysis by Quantitative Mass Spectrometry / Jason R. Neil and Forest M. White -- Development and Implementation of Array Technologies for Proteomics: Clinical Implications and Applications / Julia D. Wulfkuhle, Menawar Khalil, Joseph C. Watson, Lance A. Liotta and Emanuel F. Petricoin -- Using Phosphoflow® to Study Signaling Events of Subpopulations Resistant to Current Therapies / Omar D. Perez -- Mathematical and Computational Models in Cancer / Sudhir Chowbina, Kevin A. Janes, Shayn M. Peirce and Jason A. Papin -- Somatic Evolution of Acquired Drug Resistance in Cancer / John W. Pepper -- Interrogating Resistance to Targeted Therapy Using Genetically Engineered Mouse Models of Cancer / Edward Gunther -- microRNA: A Potential Therapy Able to Target Multiple Cancer Pathways / Benjamin Kefas and Benjamin W. Purow -- Rational Combination of Targeted Agents to Overcome Cancer Cell Resistance / Yun Dai and Steven Grant.
- Targeted therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma 2011, Future MedTargeted therapies for hepatocellular carcinoma / Luigi Bolondi -- Overview of HCC pathophysiology and drug targets / Liliana Montella & Raffaele Addeo -- Antiangiogenic strategies for the treatment of hepatocellular carcinoma / Chiun Hsu, Ying-Chun Shen & Ann-Lii Cheng -- EGF receptor inhibitors for hepatocellular carcinoma / George Papatsimbas, Christina Chatedaki & Dimitris Zacharoulis -- mTOR inhibitors / Gerhard Treiber & Thomas Wex -- Histone deacetylase inhibitors (epigenetic alterations) / Sergio Valente & Antonello Mai -- Hepatocellular carcinoma therapy : combination is the future / Jean-François Dufour -- Other new targeted therapies / Jairo A. Garcia & Lewis R. Roberts.
- Targeted therapies for non-small-cell lung cancer 2012, Future MedTargeted therapy for non-small-cell lung cancer / Arun Rajan & Giuseppe Giaccone -- Overview of pathophysiology and drug targets for non-small-cell lung cancer / Anish Thomas, Arun Rajan & Giuseppe Giaccone -- EGFR inhibitors and their use in the treatment of metastatic disease / Cesare Gridelli & Antonio Rossi -- VEGF receptor inhibitors / Ariel Lopez-Chavez & Alan Sandler -- CTLA-4 inhibitor : ipilimumab for the treatment of NSCLC / Julie R. Brahmer -- VEGF receptor inhibitors / Kavitha Ramchandran, Millie Das & Heather Wakelee -- HGFR/MET and ALK inhibitors / Eunice L. Kwak -- Vaccines for lung cancer / Ronan J. Kelly -- Index.
- Targeted therapies for renal cell carcinoma 2011, Future MedTargeted therapy for renal cell carcinoma / Ronald M. Bukowski -- Overview of renal cell carcinoma pathways and drug targets / Bernard Escudier -- mTOR in renal cell cancer: modulator of tumor biology and therapeutic target / Piotr J. Wysocki -- VEGF inhibitors / Toni K. Choueiri & Ali R. Golshayan -- VEGFR/PDGFR inhibitors in RCC / Jean S.Z. Lee & Tim Eisen -- Next-generation immunotherapy: CTLA-4 and PD-1 inhibitors / Daniel Y.C. Heng -- EGF receptor inhibitors / Marine Gross-Goupil & Alain Ravaud -- Cytokines / Alexandra Leary, James M.G. Larkin & Lisa M. Pickering -- Vaccination / Robert J Amato -- Evidence-based therapy of non-clear-cell and sarcomatoid renal cell carcinoma / Elan Diamond, Naveed H. Akhtar, Scott T. Tagawa & David M. Nanus -- Bisphosphonates in renal cell carcinoma: palliation versus antitumor effects / Saby George & Roberto Pili -- Combination therapy and future directions in renal cell carcinoma / Bernard Escudier & Camillo Porta.
- Targeted therapies in cancer 2007, Springer
- Targeted therapies in cancer 2008, Springer
- Targeting the Wnt pathway in cancer 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Taser conducted electrical weapons 2009, SpringerConducted electrical weapons: a user's perspective / Greg Meyer -- The scientific history / Robert A. Stratbucker -- Conducted electrical weapons and resolution of use-of-force encounters / Charles Mesloh, Mark Henych, and Ross Wolf -- Nonlethal weapons: the broader context / Peter J. Cuenca and John G. McManus -- Transcutaneous muscle stimulation / James D. Sweeney -- Current flow in the human body / Dorin Panescu and Robert A. Stratbucker -- Animal studies / John G. Webster -- CEW research models: animal and human studies / Theodore C. Chan and Gary M. Vilke -- Cardiac arrhythmias / Derek J. Dosdall and Raymond E. Ideker -- Electrocardiographic effects of the CEW / Jeffrey D. Ho -- Serum and skin effects of CEW application / Jeffrey D. Ho -- Electrocardiographic effects of the CEW / Robert Reardon -- Rhabdomyolysis / Ronald Moscati and Samuel Cloud -- Effects of CEWs on respiration / Donald M. Dawes -- Neuroendocrine effects of CEWs / Donald M. Dawes and Mark W. Kroll -- Electroporation of cardiac and nerve cells / Vadim V. Fedorov, Leonid Livshitz, Geran Kostecki, and Igor R. Efimov -- Eye and head injuries / S. Robert Witherspoon, Andreas K. Lauer, and Jonathan L. Marinaro -- CEW effects with illegal stimulant intoxication / Patrick Tchou -- Alcohol and the CEW / Ronald Moscati and Jeffrey D. Ho -- Conducted electrical weapons and implantible cardiac devices / Subba Reddy Vanga, James L. Vacek. Loren Berenhom and Dhanunjaya R. Lakkireddy -- Risk management and the CEW / Greg Bingham -- The New York City experience / Michael D. White and Justin Ready -- Impact of CEW and other types of force and resistance on officer and suspect injuries / Michael R. Smith, Robert J. Kaminski, Jeffrey Rojek, Geoffrey P. Alpert, and James Mathis -- Field statistics overview / James E. Brewer and Mark W. Kroll -- Sudden in-custody death / Samuel J. Stratton -- Stimulant abuse and sudden cardiac death / Steven B. Karch -- The systemic role of illicit drugs and their toxicology / Joshua Gunn, Michael A. Evans, and M. Scott Kriger -- Excited delirium syndrome / Vincent J. M. Di Maio and Theresa G. Di Maio -- Biochemical brain markers in excited delirium deaths / Deborah C. Mash -- Sudden unexpected death in custody (SUDIC) / Charles V. Wetli -- Legal basics for the CEW -- Science and logic meet the law / Michael A. Brave -- Appendix A: Excited delirium checklist -- Appendix B: Electrocution diagnosis checklist.
- Taste and smell 2006, KargerCentral gustatory processing in humans / Small, D.M. -- Modern psychophysics and the assessment of human oral sensation / Snyder, D.J., Prescott, J., Bartoshuk, L.M. -- Postoperative/posttraumatic gustatory dysfunction / Landis, B.N., Lacroix, J.-S. -- Neurological causes of taste disorders / Heckmann, J.G., Lang, C.J.G. -- Toxic effects on gustatory function / Reiter, E.R., DiNardo, L.J., Costanzo, R.M. -- Burning mouth syndrome / Grushka, M., Ching, V., Epstein, J.Nasal anatomy and the sense of smell / Hornung, D.E. -- Transduction and coding / Rawson, N.E., Yee, K.K. -- Smell: central olfactory processing / Gottfried, J.A. -- Structure and function of the vomeronasal organ / Witt, M., Wozniak, W. -- Assessment of olfactory function / Hummel, T., Welge-Lüssen, A. -- Posttraumatic olfactory loss / Costanzo, R.M.C., Miwa, T.M. -- Chronic rhinosinusitis and olfactory dysfunction / Raviv, J.R., Kern, R.C. -- Olfactory disorders following upper respiratory tract infections / Welge-Lüssen, A., Wolfensberger, M. -- Olfaction in neurodegenerative disorder / Hawkes, C. -- Human taste: peripheral anatomy, taste transduction, and coding / Breslin, P.A.S., Huang, L. --
- Taurine. 6 2006, Springer
- Taurine. 7 2009, Springer
- Taurine. 8 v. 1-2, 2013., Springerv.2 SpringerVolume 1. The Nervous system, immune system, diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Volume 2. Nutrition and metabolism, protective role, and role in reproduction, development, and differientiation.
- Taxonomic guide to infectious diseases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectPt. I. Principles of taxonomy. The magnitude and diversity of infectious diseases -- What is a classification? -- The tree of life -- pt. II. Bacteria. Overview of Class Bacteria -- The Alpha Proteobacteria -- Beta Proteobacteria -- Gamma Proteobacteria -- Epsilon Proteobacteria -- Spirochaetes -- Bacteroidetes and Fusobacteria -- Mollicutes -- Class Bacilli plus Class Clostridia -- Chlamydiae -- Actinobacteria -- pt. III. Eukaryotes. Overview of Class Eukaryota -- Metamonada -- Euglenozoa -- Percolozoa -- Apicomplexa -- Ciliophora (ciliates) -- Heterokontophyta -- Amoebozoa -- Choanozoa -- Archaeplastida -- pt. IV. Animals. Overview of Class Animalia -- Platyhelminthes (flatworms) -- Nematoda (roundworms) -- Acanthocephala -- Chelicerata -- Hexapoda -- Crustacea -- Craniata -- pt. V. Fungi. Overview of Class Fungi -- Zygomycota -- Basidiomycota -- Ascomycota -- Microsporidia -- pt. VI. Nonliving infectious agents : viruses and prions. Overview of viruses -- Group I viruses : double-stranded DNA -- Group II viruses : single-stranded (+)sense DNA -- Group III viruses : double-stranded RNA -- Group IV viruses : single-stranded (+)sense RNA -- Group V viruses : single stranded (-)sense RNA -- Group VI viruses : single-stranded RNA reverse transcriptase viruses with a DNA intermediate in life-cycle -- Group VII viruses : double stranded DNA reverse transcriptase viruses -- Prions -- Appendices : I. Additional notes on taxonomy -- II. Number of occurrences in some common infectious diseases -- III. Organisms causing infectious disease in humans.
- Taxonomy of prokaryotes. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectTaxonomy of Prokaryotes presents experimental approaches in the detail required for modern microbiological research. Focusing on the methods most useful for the microbiologist interested in this specialty, this volume may be of interest to researchers working in microbiology, immunology, virology, mycology and parasitology.
- Taybi and Lachman's Radiology of syndromes, metabolic disorders, and skeletal dysplasias. 5th ed. 2007Print Material
- Taylor's Cardiovascular diseases 2005, Springer
- Taylor's Diagnostic and therapeutic challenges 2005, Springer
- Print Material"Taylor's Differential Diagnosis manual is a quick-reference pocket book, written for primary care professionals who face diagnostic problems in brief office visits. It offers evidence-based guidelines on which key questions to ask and what data to obtain in order to provide sound diagnoses of common adult problems. More than 140 chapters in eighteen sections cover symptoms and signs in mental health problems, vision, ear nose and throat, cardiovascular, respiratory, urologic, female reproductive, musculoskeletal, dermatology and more. New for this edition are new chapters on abnormal mammogram, anticoagulation, bipolar disorder, corneal abrasion, dyspareunia and loss of vision as well as the latest clinical evidence and changes in clinical practice since the prior edition"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Taylor's Musculoskeletal problems and injuries 2006, SpringerDisorders of the back and neck -- Disorders of the upper extremity -- Disorders of the lower extremity -- Osteoarthritis -- Rheumatoid arthritis and related disorders -- Selected disordeers of the musculoskeletal system -- Musculoskeletal problems of children -- Osteoporosis -- Gout -- Athletic injuries -- Care of acute lacerations -- Selected injuries.
- TB/HIV. 2nd ed. 2004Print MaterialBackground information on tuberculosis and human immunodeficiency virus -- An expanded framework for effective tuberculosis control -- Diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in adults -- Diagnosis of pulmonary tuberculosis in children -- Diagnosis of extrapulmonary tuberculosis in adults and children -- Diagnosis of HIV infection in adults with tuberculosis -- Diagnosis of HIV infection in children with tuberculosis -- Standardized tuberculosis case definitions and treatment categories -- Management of patients with tuberculosis -- Side-effects of antituberculosis drugs -- Antiretroviral therapy for the treatment of HIV infection -- Treatment and prevention of other HIV-related diseases in TB/HIV patients -- Coordinated care in different settings -- Prevention of tuberculosis in HIV-infected individuals.
- Te Linde's Operative gynecology. 10th ed. 2008, OvidSection I: General topics affecting gynecologic surgery practice -- Operative gynecology before the era of laparoscopy: a brief history / Gert H. Brieger -- The ethics of pelvic surgery / Ruth M. Farrell, Eli A. Rybak, and Edward Wallach -- Psychological aspects of pelvic surgery / Betty Ruth Speir -- Professional liability and risk management for the gynecologic surgeon / Charles J. Ward -- The changing environment in which we practice gynecologic surgery / Eric J. Bieber and Edie L. Derian -- Training the gynecologic surgeon / Robert M. Rogers, Jr. --Section II: Principles of anatomy and perioperative considerations -- Surgical anatomy of the female pelvis / John O. L. DeLancey -- Preoperative care / Sanford M. Markham and John A. Rock -- Postanesthesia and postoperative care / Alexander Duncan, Ira R. Horowitz, and Kenneth Kalassian -- Water, electrolyte, and acid-base metabolism / Jack B. Basil -- Postoperative infections: prevention and management / W. David Hager and John W. Larsen -- Shock in the gynecologic patient / Harriet O. Smith and Heather M. Greene -- Wound healing, suture material, and surgical instrumentation / Gary H. Lipscomb --Section III: Principles of gynecologic surgical techniques and management of endoscopy -- Incisions for gynecologic surgery / James J. Burke II and Donald G. Gallup -- Principles of electrosurgery as applied to gynecology / Richard M. Soderstrom and Andrew I. Brill -- Application of laser gynecology / John L. Marlow -- Diagnostic and operative laparoscopy / Howard T. Sharp, Sean L. Francis, and Ana Alvarez Murphy -- Operative hysteroscopy / Michael S. Baggish -- Control of pelvic hemorrhage / Howard W. Jones III and William A. Rock, Jr. --Section IV: Surgery for fertility -- The impact of assisted reproductive technology on gynecological surgery / Howard W. Jones, Jr. -- Reconstructive tubal surgery / Victor Gomel and Elizabeth Taylor -- Endometriosis / John S. Hesla and John A. Rock --Section V: Surgery for benign gynecologic conditions -- Surgical conditions of the vulva / Ira R. Horowitz, Joseph Buscema, and Bhagirath Majmudar -- Surgical conditions of the vagina and urethra / Celia E. Dominguez, John A. Rock, and Ira R. Horowitz -- Surgery for anomalies of the müllerian ducts / John A. Rock and Lesley L. Breech -- Normal and abnormal uterine bleeding / William J. Butler and David E. Carnovale -- Tubal sterilization / Herbert B. Peterson, Amy E. Pollack, and Jeffrey S. Warshaw -- Surgery for benign disease of the ovary / Joseph S. Sanfilippo and John A. Rock -- Persistent or chronic pelvic pain / John F. Steege -- Pelvic inflammatory disease / Mark G. Martens -- Leiomyomata uteri and myomectomy / Lesley L. Breech and John A. Rock -- Abdominal hysterectomy / Howard W. Jones III -- Vaginal hysterectomy / S. Robert Kovac -- Laparoscopic hysterectomy / Fred M. Howard --Section VI: Surgery for obstetrics -- Management of abortion / Melissa J. Kottke and Mimi Zieman -- Ectopic pregnancy / Mark A. Damario and John A. Rock -- Obstetric problems / Cornelia R. Graves -- Ovarian tumors complicating pregnancy / Cornelia R. Graves and Lynn Parker --Section VII: Surgery for corrections of defects in pelvic support and pelvic fistulas -- Pelvic organ prolapse----basic principles / Carl W. Zimmerman -- Site-specific repair of cystourethrocele / Carl W. Zimmerman -- Paravaginal defect repair / Bobby Shull -- Posterior compartment defects / Thomas M. Julian -- Vaginal vault prolapse / Steven D. Kleeman and Mickey M. Karram -- The nonsurgical management of pelvic organ prolapse: the use of vaginal pessaries / Rony A. Adam -- Stress urinary incontinence / Alfred E. Bent -- Operative injuries to the ureter / Paul Underwood, Jr. -- Vesicovaginal fistula and urethrovaginal fistula / G. Rodney Meeks and Ted M. Roth -- Anal incontinence and rectovaginal fistulas / Michael P. Aronson and Raymond A. Lee --Section VIII: Related surgery -- Breast diseases: benign and malignant / Victoria L. Green -- The vermiform appendix in relation to gynecology / Barry K. Jarnagin -- Intestinal tract in gynecologic surgery / Kelly L. Molpus -- Nongynecologic condition encountered by the gynecologic surgeon / James R. Dolan and Michael D. Moen --Section IX: Gynecologic oncology -- Malignancies of the vulva / Mitchel S. Hoffman -- Cervical cancer precursors and their management / Howard W. Jones III -- Cancer of the cervix / Dennis S. Chi ... [et al.] -- Endometrial cancer / Marta Ann Crispens -- Ovarian cancer: etiology, screening, and surgery / John R. Van Nagell, Jr., and David M. Gershenson -- Pelvic exenteration / Thomas W. Burke -- Surgical reconstruction of the pelvis in gynecologic cancer patients / Luis E. Mendez and Manuel Penalver.
- Tea and tea products 2009, CRCnetBASEGreen tea and black tea: manufacturing and consumption / Xiaochun Wan, Daxiang Li, and Zhengzhu Zhang -- Pu-erh tea: its manufacturing and health benefits / Huai-Yuan Chen, Shoei-Yn Lin-Shiau, and Jen-Kun Lin -- White tea: its manufacture, chemistry, and health effects / He-Yuan Jiang -- Biological functions and manufacturing of GABA tea / Andi Shau-mei Ou, Yung-sheng Tsai, and Hsueh-fang Wang -- Production of theaflavins, theasinensins, and related polyphenols during tea fermentation / Takashi Tanaka, Yosuke Matsuo, and Isao Kouno -- Analytical methods for bioactive compounds in teas / Chi-Chun Wong .. [et al.] -- Bioavailability and metabolism of tea catechins in human subjects / Ting Sun, Chi-Tang Ho, and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Antioxidant properties and mechanisms of tea polyphenols / Xiaochun Wan, Daxiang Li, and Zhengzhu Zhang -- Mechanisms of cancer chemoprevention by tea and tea polyphenols / Jen-Kun Lin -- Effect of tea and tea constituents on inflammation / Divya Ramji ... [et al.] -- Inhibition of breast cancer cell proliferation by theaflavins and epigallocatechin 3-gallate through suppressing proteasomal activities / Jen-Kun Lin, Yu-Wen Chen, and Shoei-Yn Lin-Shiau -- Suppression of prostate carcinogenesis by tea polyphenols through inhibiting microsomal aromatase and 5-a-reductase / Jen-Kun Lin -- Green tea-induced thermogenesis controlling body weight / John Shi, Sophia Jun Xue, and Yukio Kakuda -- Fermented tea is more effective than unfermented tea in suppressing lipogenesis and obesity / Jen-Kun Lin and Shoei-Yn Lin-Shiau -- Trapping of methylglyoxal by tea polyphenols / Di Tan ... [et al.] -- Chemistry and biological properties of theanine / Xiaochun Wan, Zhengzhu Zhang, and Daxiang Li -- Flavor stability of tea drinks / Hideki Masuda.
- Teach yourself visually iPad 2010, ProQuest SafariExploring the iPad -- Understanding what you can do with your iPad -- Configuring the iPad -- Getting the most from the internet -- Maximizing email on the iPad -- Syncing the iPad -- Getting the most from iTunes and photos -- Getting the most from YouTube and iBooks -- Managing contacts and appointments -- Simplifying your life with the iPad -- Enhance your iPad with the app store -- Maintaining and troubleshooting the iPad.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialShakespeare is not a one-shot deal : an open wiki model for the humanities / John Venecek and Katheryn Giglio -- Reusable learning objects : developing online information literacy instruction through collaborative design / Matthew Sylvain, Kari Mofford, Elizabeth Lehr, and Jeannette E. Riley -- Framing multiliteracies : a blended and holistic approach to digital technology education / Andrew Whitworth, Ian Fishwick, and Steve McIndoe -- Finding your fate : the evolution of a librarian faculty collaboration to bring history online / Kristina DuRocher and Lisa Nichols -- Supported open learning : developing an integrated information literacy strategy online / Clarissa Gosling and Ingrid Nix -- Information-literate avatars : resource-based learning in Second Life / Jenna Kammer and Tracey Thompson -- Information literacy by design recalibrating graduate professional asynchronous online programs / David Lavoie, Andrew Rosman, and Shikha Sharma -- Working outside the org chart a faculty librarian partnership to design an online graduate course / Susan M. Frey and Rebecca L Fiedler.
- Teaching mindfulness 2010, SpringerPart I: Clinical and Cultural Context -- Chapter 1. Getting grounded (in our own instability) -- Chapter 2. A history exercise to locate "mindfulness" now -- Chapter 3. Building a "working" definition of mindfulness -- Part II: Authenticity, Authority, and Friendship -- Chapter 4. The Person of the Teacher -- Chapter 5. The skills of the teacher -- Part III: Towards an "Empty" Curriculum -- Chapter 6. Organizing the intentions of teaching -- Chapter 7. Fulfilling the intentions of teaching -- Chapter 8. Practices and resources.
- Tech mining 2005, WileyPart I. Understanding Tech Mining -- Chapter 1. Technological Innovation and the Need for Tech Mining , p. 2-15 -- Chapter 2. How Tech Mining Works, p. 17-32 -- Chapter 3. What Tech Mining Can Do for You, p. 33-40 -- Chapter 4. Example Results. Fuel Cells Tech Mining, p. 41-50 -- Chapter 5. What to Watch for in Tech Mining, p. 51-66 -- Part II. Doing Tech Mining -- Chapter 7. Forming the Right Query, p. 95-111 -- Chapter 8. Getting the Data, p. 113-127 -- Chapter 9. Basic Analyses, p. 129-154 -- Chapter 10. Advanced Analyses, p. 155-186 -- Chapter 11. Trend Analyses, p. 187-214 -- Chapter 12. Patent Analyses, p. 215-248 -- Chapter 13. Generating and Presenting Innovation Indicators, p. 249-288 -- Chapter 14. Managing the Tech Mining Process, p. 289-306 -- Chapter 15. Measuring Tech Mining Results, p. 307-320 -- Chapter 16. Example Process. Tech Mining on Fuel Cells, p. 321-354 -- Appendix A. Selected Publication and Patent Databases, p. 355-359 -- Appendix B. Text Mining Software, p. 361-362 -- Appendix C. What You Can Do without Tech Mining Software, p. 363-364 -- Appendix D. Statistics and Distributions for Analyzing Text Entities, p. 365-368.
- Technetium-99m pharmaceuticals 2007, Springer
- Technical basis of radiation therapy. 4th ed. 2006, Springer
- Technical basis of radiation therapy. 5th ed. 2012, Springer
- Print Material
- Techniques in cartilage repair surgery 2014, Springer"Cartilage defects are common. Cartilage repair surgery is not only fascinating but also surgically challenging. There are books dealing with basic science and some surgical aspect. This book fills a gap in surgical techniques for cartilage repair. All of the surgical chapters are logically organised, covering patient selection, patient setup/positioning, surgical approach, potential complications and troubleshooting. An attempt is made to compare with various surgical techniques. This book also covers anaesthesia, postoperative follow-up, pain management and rehabilitation. Both the editors and the authors are renowned experts in the field. This book will be invaluable for orthopaedic and sports medicine surgeons (consultants and training doctors) and is also of potential interest to physiotherapists, medical students, general practitioners, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists, and rheumatology specialists."--Publisher's website.
- Print Material
- Techniques in gastrointestinal endoscopy v. 1-, 1999-, ScienceDirect
- Technology and medical sciences--TMSi 2010 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Technology enabled knowledge translation for eHealth 2012, Springer
- Teeth and their environment 2006, KargerOn the relationship between calculus and caries / Duckworth, R.M., Huntington, E. -- The structure, function and properties of the acquired pellicle / Hannig, M., Joiner, A. -- Model parameters and their influence on the outcome of in vitro demineralisation and remineralisation studies / Lynch, R.J.M. -- Tooth wear / Pickles, M.J. -- Nanomechanics, chemistry and structure at the enamel surface / Mann, A.B., Dickinson, M.E. -- Plaque as a reservoir for active ingredients / Duckworth, R.M., Gao, X.J.
- Telehealthcare computing and engineering 2013, CRCnetBASEPt. 1. System : tele-healthcare monitoring networks -- pt. 2. Hardware : medical sensors and devices -- pt. 3. Software : medical signal processing -- pt. 4. Others : medical security and privacy.
- Telemedicine in dermatology 2012, Springer
- Telemicrosurgery 2013, SpringerPart 1.GENERAL --History of Microsurgery /Yoshikazu Ikuta --History of Telesurgery /James Wall and Jacques Marescaux --Description of Robots /Jesse Creed Selber --Instruments /Sijo Joseph Parekatti and Michael Moran --Robot Installation in Telemicrosurgery /Thierry Lequint, Kiyohito Naito, Eric Nectoux, Sybille Facca and Philippe Liverneaux --Part 2.TRAINING --Earthworms /Gustavo Mantovani Ruggiero --Vessels /Joo-Yup Lee and Alexander Y. Shin --Nerves /Stacey H. Berner --Part 3.EXPERIMENTAL RESEARCH --Free Tissue Transfer /Stacey H. Berner --Tele-endomicrosurgery /Sybille Facca, Kiyohito Naito, Thierry Lequint, Eric Nectoux and Philippe Liverneaux --Brachial Plexus Repair /Gustavo Mantovani Ruggiero and Philippe Liverneaux --Tendon Transfer /Michael S. Bednar --Part 4.CLINICAL APPLICATIONS --Nerve Entrapment /Jose Carlos Garcia Jr. --Nerve Repair /Stacey H. Berner --Brachial Plexus /Kiyohito Naito, Mickaël Ohana, Thierry Lequint, Sybille Facca and Philippe Liverneaux --Skin Flaps /Thomas Lauwers, Tom Van Mulken and Darren Booi --Muscle Flaps /Jesse Creed Selber and John C. Pedersen --Head and Neck /Jesse Creed Selber --Urology /Sijo Joseph Parekattil --Part 5.PERSPECTIVES --Supermicrosurgery /Takeshi Todokoro and Isao Koshima --Network /Catherine Jane Mohr.
- Teleneurology by Internet and telephone 2011, Springer
- Telenursing 2011, Springer
- Teleophthalmology 2006, Springer
- Telepathology 2009, Springer
- Teleradiology 2008, Springer
- Telerehabilitation 2013, SpringerTelerehabilitation, as a subset of telehealth, is the use of telecommunications to deliver rehabilitation services at a distance and can bridge the gaps created by personnel shortages that exist in underserved and remote areas, as well as serve persons in urban settings who cannot easily leave their homes or offices to seek care. Given the mobile nature of our society, telerehabilitation can enable continuity of care while persons travel for work, vacation and/or education. While the technical capacities to conduct telerehabilitation have surged ahead in the past 10 years, there has been slower, yet ongoing progress in the development of the policies (e.g., legislation; state licensure; reimbursement) that will be required to actualize widespread telepractice service delivery. Telerehabilitation presents a wide-angle view of telerehabilitation worldwide at a seminal time in its development. The book contains contributions from authors across multiple disciplines, as well as a consumer-based perspective. This book contributes significantly to the current understanding of telerehabilitation, as well as elucidating the immense potential for telerehabilitation-based service delivery to benefit persons with disabilities.
- Telesurgery 2008, Springer
- Telomerase inhibition 2007, Springer ProtocolsMethods of telomerase inhibition -- Telomerase inhibition by synthetic nucleic acids and chemosensitization in human bladder cancer cell lines -- hTERT knockdown in human embryonic kidney cells using double-stranded RNA -- RNA interference using a plasmid construct expressing a short-hairpin RNA -- Retrovirus-mediated RNA interference -- Telomerase inhibition and telomere targeting in hematopoietic cancer cell lines with small non-nucleosidic synthetic compounds (BIBR1532) -- Uses of telomerase peptides in anti-tumor immune therapy -- Establishing cell-based reporter systems for the analysis of hTERT expression -- Telomerase RNA inhibition using antisense oligonucleotide against human telomerase RNA linked to a 2',5'-oligoadenylate -- Knockdown of telomerase RNA using hammerhead ribozymes and RNA interference -- Evaluation of tankyrase inhibition in whole cells -- Inhibition of telomerase by targeting MAP kinase signaling -- Screening of telomerase inhibitors -- Telomerase inhibition combined with other chemotherapeutic reagents to enhance anti-cancer effect.
- Telomeres and telomerase in aging, disease, and cancer 2008, Springer
- Telomeres and telomerase in cancer 2009, Springer
- Telomeres. 2nd ed. 2006Print MaterialA history of telomere biology -- The telomerase ribonucleoprotein particle -- Telomerase biochemistry and biogenesis -- Telomerase and human cancer -- Modeling cancer and aging in the telomerase-deficient mouse -- Telomerase deficiency and human disease -- Telomerase-independent maintenance of mammalian telomeres -- Telomerase-independent telomere maintenance in yeast -- Meiotic telomeres -- Telomere position effect : silencing near the end -- The structural biology of telomeres -- Budding yeast telomeres -- Mammalian telomeres -- Drosophila telomeres -- Ciliate telomeres -- Fission yeast telomeres -- Plant telomeres.
- Temperate fruit crop breeding 2008, Springer
- Temperature and toxicology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Temporal bone 2010, SpringerImaging Technique -- Anatomy -- Multiplanar Atlas -- Advanced Imaging Applications -- Imaging Microscopy of the Temporal Bone: An Anatomy Tutorial.
- Temporal dimensions of landscape ecology 2007, Springer
- Ten Cate's Oral histology. 8th ed. / Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialStructure of the oral tissues -- General embryology -- Embryology of the head, face, and oral cavity -- Cytoskeleton, cell junctions, fibroblasts, and extracellular matrix -- Development of the tooth and its supporting tissues -- Bone -- Enamel : composition, formation, and structure -- Dentin-pulp complex -- Periodontium -- Physiologic tooth movement : eruption and shedding -- Salivary glands -- Oral mucosa -- Temporomandibular joint -- Facial growth and development -- Repair and regeneration of oral tissues.
- Ten most wanted solutions in protein bioinformatics 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Sect. I: Pulmonary arteries, aorta, peripheral vessels -- Sect. II: Coronary arteries -- Sect. III: Intracardiac masses -- Sect. IV: Endocardium and valves -- Sect. V: Pericardium and myocardium -- Sect. VI: Congenital heart disease.
- Ten Years of Progress in GW/P Body Research 2013, SpringerIntroduction: The GW Body Story as an Example of Autoantibodies with Significant Impacts to Molecular Cell Biology -- The Discovery of GW Bodies -- The Discovery and Analysis of P Bodies -- Autoantibodies to Argonaute 2 (Su Antigen) -- GW/P-Bodies and Autoimmune Disease -- Function of GW182 and GW Bodies in siRNA and miRNA Pathways -- Post-transcriptional Stimulation of Gene Expression by MicroRNAs -- Gawky (GW) is the Drosophila melanogaster GW182 Homologue -- The Role of GW182 Proteins in miRNA-Mediated Gene Silencing -- Quantifying Argonaute Proteins In and Out of GW/P-Bodies: Implications in microRNA Activities -- Deadenylation and P-Bodies -- Relationship of GW/P-Bodies with Stress Granules -- Relationship of Other Cytoplasmic Ribonucleoprotein Bodies (cRNPB) to GW/P Bodies -- An SNP in the Trinucleotide Repeat Region of the TNRC6A Gene Maps to a Major TNGW1 Autoepitope in Patients with Autoantibodies to GW182 -- Reflections on Ten Years of History of, and Future Prospects for, GW182 and GW/P Body Research.
- Tendon injuries 2005, SpringerPart I. Basic Sciences, Etiology, Pathomechanics, and Imaging --1. Anatomy of Tendons / Moira O'Brien, p. 3-13 -- 2. Mechanical Properties of Tendons / Constantinos Maganaris and Marco Narici, p. 14-21 -- 3. Growth and Development of Tendons / Laurence Dahners, p. 22-24 -- 4. Aging and Degeneration of Tendons / Pekka Kannus, Mika Paavola and Lászlo Józsa, p. 25-31 -- 5. Epidemiology of Tendon Problems in Sport / Mika Paavola, Pekka Kannus and Markku Järvinen, p. 32-39 -- 6. Neurogenic, Mast Cell, and Gender Variables in Tendon Biology: Potential Role in Chronic Tendinopathy / David Hart, Cyril Frank, Alison Kydd, Tyler Ivie, Paul Sciore and Carol Reno, p. 40-48 -- 7. Imaging of Tendon Ailments / Tudor Hughes, p. 49-60 -- Part II. Anatomical Sites and Presentation -- 8. Injury of the Musculotendinous Junction / Jude Sullivan and Thomas Best, p. 63-69 -- 9. Insertional Tendinopathy in Sports / Per Renström and Thomas Hach, p. 70-85 -- 10. Tendon Avulsions in Children and Adolescents / Sakari Orava and Urho Kujala, p. 86-89.
- Tendon transfer for irreparable cuff tear 2011, Springer
- Terminal ballistics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Terminology and terminological systems 2012, SpringerIntroduction /Peter L. Elkin and Mark Samuel Tuttle --History of Terminology and Terminological Logics /Peter L. Elkin and Mark Samuel Tuttle --Knowledge Representation and the Logical Basis of Ontology /Peter L. Elkin and Steven H. Brown --Theoretical Foundations of Terminology /Peter L. Elkin --Compositionality: An Implementation Guide /Peter L. Elkin and Steven H. Brown --Interface Terminologies /S. Trent Rosenbloom --Springer Terminology Related Standards Development /Peter L. Elkin --Implementations of Terminology /Peter L. Elkin, Mark Samuel Tuttle, Marjorie Rallins, Jennifer Trajkovski and Elizabeth Lumakovska, et al. --Terminological Systems /Peter L. Elkin and Mark Samuel Tuttle --Conclusion /Peter L. Elkin and Mark Samuel Tuttle.
- Print Material
- Terrorism and homeland security 2008, CRCnetBASEToward a comprehensive strategy for terrorism and homeland security / Paul R. Viotti -- The search for national and homeland security : an integrated grand strategy / Robert H. Dorff -- Assured vulnerability : homeland security and the cold war legacy of defenselessness / David Goldfischer -- Terrorism and deterrence by denial / James M. Smith and Brent J. Talbot -- The importance of multinational and transnational cooperation strategies for homeland security / Veronica M. Kitchen and Gregory J. Moore -- WMD terrorism : new threats, revised responses / Jeffrey A. Larsen and James J. Wirtz -- Nuclear and radioactive threats to homeland security : prevention and response / Fred L. Wehling and Jeremy Tamsett -- Comparative risk analysis : biological terrorism, pandemics, and other "forgotten" catastrophic disaster threats / Terrence M. O'Sullivan -- Homeland security strategy and policy choices : a local government perspective / Greg Moser -- Democracy, civil society and the damage-limitation component of strategy / Alexander C. Diener and Timothy W. Crawford -- Transportation as a component of homeland security strategy / Joseph S. Szyliowicz -- Redefining U.S. energy security in the twenty-first century / Kevin King -- Afterword: terrorism and securing the homeland / Michael A. Opheim and Nicholas H. Bowen.
- Terrorism and organized hate crime 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Terrorism and organized hate crime. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Terrorist recognition handbook. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASESection 1. Know the terrorist. Your mission : critical awareness -- Who they are : identify terrorist operatives -- Intelligence profiling suspected terrorists -- Terrorist training -- Terrorism 101 : why the terrorist chooses this path -- What terrorists believe -- Section 2. Identifying the terrorist group and its cells. Terrorist group organization -- The terrorist cell -- Terrorist strategies and target selection -- Section 3. Detection of key terrorist activities. Terrorist preparations for attack : safe houses, finances, and mobility -- The terrorist's tools : conventional weapons identification -- The terrorist's tools : nuclear, biological, chemical weapons and equipment identification -- Section 4. Predicting an attack. Terrorist surveillance techniques -- Detecting infiltration and special mission techniques -- The decision and attack sequence -- The basics of analyzing intelligence and predicting terrorism events -- Point of danger : law enforcement traffic stops and encountering terrorists -- Point of failure : terrorist operations and tactics -- Section 5. The new fields of terror. A primer on Al-Qaeda and the global extremist insurgency -- Suicide terrorism : tactics, equipment and management -- Terrorism and insurgency in the Iraq War (2003-2008) -- Section 6. Supplemental data, bibliography and appendices . Appendix A. Global terrorist groups -- Appendix B. Explosive components & ingredients checklists.
- Print Material
- Testing computer systems for FDA/MHRA compliance 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Testing treatments 2006
- Print MaterialIntended audience -- Significance -- Roadmap -- General testing format -- Advance notification and disguised tests -- Avoiding false alarms -- Testing levels -- Debriefing procedures -- Staffing and materials -- Choosing a testing agency -- Choosing an appropriate test -- Developing call schedules and background stories -- Trainer responsibilities -- Training session 1: Preparing for a test and debriefing -- Training session 2: Practice and observation -- Initiating a call -- Reaching an action officer -- Debriefing -- Performance criterion -- Generating an after action report -- Continuous quality improvement.
- Tête à Tet. 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Tetrachloroethene 2006Print Material
- Tetrahymena thermophila. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Tetrapyrroles 2009, SpringerAn historical introduction to porphyrin and chlorophyll synthesis / Michael R. Moore -- Biosynthesis of 5-aminolevulinic acid / Dieter Jahn and Dirk W. Heinz -- 5-aminolaevulinic acid dehydratase, porphobilinogen deaminase and uroporphyrinogen III synthase / Heidi L. Schubert, Peter T. Erskine and Jonathan B. Cooper -- Transformation of uroporphyrinogen III into protohaem / Johanna E. Cornah and Alison G. Smith -- Inherited disorders of haem synthesis: the human porphyrias / Michael N. Badminton and George H. Elder -- Heme degradation: mechanistic and physiological implications / Angela Wilks -- Regulation of mammalian heme biosynthesis / Amy E. Medlock and Harry A. Dailey -- Tetrapyrroles in photodynamic therapy / David I. Vernon and Ian Walker -- Heme transport and incorporation into proteins / Linda Thöny-Meyer -- Heme and hemoproteins / Andrew W. Munro ... [et al.] -- Novel heme-protein interactions: some more radical than others / Ann Smith -- Synthesis and role of bilins in photosynthetic organisms / Nicole Frankenberg-Dinkel and Matthew J. Terry -- Phytochromes: bilin-linked photoreceptors in bacteria and plants / Matthew J. Terry and Alex C. McCormac --Biosynthesis of chlorophyll and bacteriochlorophyll / Derren J. Heyes and C. Neil Hunter -- Regulation of tetrapyrrole synthesis in higher plants / Matthew J. Terry and Alison G. Smith -- Regulation of the late steps of chlorophyll biosynthesis / Wolfhart Rudiger -- Chlorophyll breakdown / Bernhard Kräutler -- Vitamin B12: biosynthesis of the corrin ring / Ross M. Graham, Evelyne Deery and Martin J. Warren -- Conversion of cobinamide into coenzyme B12 / Jorge C. Escalante-Semerena ... [et al.] -- The regulation of cobalamin biosynthesis / Jeffrey G. Lawrence -- Coenzyme B12-catalyzed radical isomerizations / Dominique Padovani and Ruma Banerjee -- Biosynthesis of siroheme and coenzyme F430 / Martin J. Warren, Evelyne Deery and Ruth-Sarah Rose -- Role of coenzyme F430 in methanogenesis / Evert C. Duin -- The role of siroheme in sulfite and nitrite reductases / M. Elizabeth Stroupe and Elizabeth D. Getzoff -- The role of heme d1 in denitrification / Stuart J. Ferguson.
- Tetraspanins 2013, SpringerTetraspanin proteins have recently emerged as a new class of modulators of various processes involving cell surface receptors, including cell migration and invasion, host immune responses, cell-cell fusion, and viral infection. The book summarises recent advances in the fields of biology in which the role of tetraspanins have been established and also covers the molecular evolution of the tetraspanin superfamily and structural aspects of the organisation of tetraspanin microdomains.
- Textbook of aging skin 2010, Springer
- Textbook of angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis 2012, SpringerAngiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis have become attractive targets for drug therapy because of their key roles in a broad spectrum of pathological disease states ranging from macular degeneration to tumor growth and metastasis. A substantial increase in the research effort over the past decade has deepened our understanding of the basic mechanisms underlying angiogenesis and lymphangiogenesis, promoting the development of promising therapeutics for the clinical management of vascular-related diseases.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPart I: Structure of macromolecules -- 1. Eukaryotic Cell Structure -- 2. DNA and RNA: Composition and Structure -- 3. Proteins I: Composition and Structure -- Part II: Transmission of information -- 4. DNA Replication, Recombination, and Repair -- 5. RNA: Transcription and RNA Processing -- 6. Protein Synthesis: Translation and Posttranslational Modifications -- 7. Recombinant DNA and Biotechnology -- 8. Regulation of Gene Expression -- Part III: Functions of proteins -- 9. Proteins II: Structure-Function Relationships in Protein Families -- 10. Enzymes: Classification, Kinetics, and Control -- 11. The Cytochromes P450 and Nitric Oxide Synthases -- 12. Biological Membranes: Structure, Receptors, and Solute Transport -- 13. Fundamentals of Signal Transduction -- Part IV: Metabolic pathways and their control -- 14. Bioenergetics, Mitochondria, and Oxidative Metabolism -- 15. Carbohydrate Metabolism I: Major Metabolic Pathways and Their Control -- 16. Carbohydrate Metabolism II: Special Pathways and Glycoconjugates -- 17. Lipid Metabolism I: Synthesis, Storage, and Utilization of Fatty Acids and Triacylglycerols -- 18. Lipid Metabolism II: Pathways of Metabolism of Special Lipids -- 19. Amino Acid and Heme Metabolism -- 20. Purine and Pyrimidine Nucleotide Metabolism -- 21. Metabolic Interrelationships -- 22. Biochemistry of Hormones -- Part V: Physiological processes -- 23. Molecular Cell Biology -- 24. Cell Cycle, Programmed Cell Death, and Cancer -- 25. Digestion and Absorption of Basic Nutritional Constituents -- 26. Vitamins and Minerals: Requirements and Function -- 27. Macronutrients: Metabolic Effects and Health Implications -- Appendix: Review of Organic Chemistry -- Glossary -- Index.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPart I. Background -- Accomplishments in cancer epidemiology / Brian MacMahon -- Measures and estimates of cancer burden / Pagona Lagiou, Johanna Adami, and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- The origin of cancer /Jeffrey Ecsedy and David Hunter -- Genetic epidemiology of cancer / Christopher Haiman and David Hunter -- Biomarkers in cancer epidemiology / Paolo Boffetta and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- Concepts in cancer epidemiology and etiology / Pagona Lagiou, Dimitrios Trichopoulos, and Hans-Olov Adami --Part II. Cancer epidemiology by site-specific cancers -- Oral and pharyngeal cancer / Paul Brennan, Lorelei Mucci, and Hans-Olov Adami -- Nasopharyngeal carcinoma / Ellen Chang and Hans-Olov Adami -- Esophageal cancer / Olof Nyrén and Hans-Olov Adami -- Stomach cancer / Olof Nyrén and Hans-Olov Adami -- Colorectal cancer / John D. Potter and David Hunter -- Cancer of the liver and biliary tract / Sherri Stuver and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- Pancreatic cancer / Anders Ekbom and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- Cancer of the lung, larynx, and pleura / Paolo Boffetta and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- Skin cancer / Adèle Green, Jolieke van der Pols, and David Hunter -- Breast cancer / Susan Hankinson, Rulla Tamimi, and David Hunter -- Cervical cancer / Nathalie Ylitalo, Sherri Stuver, and Hans-Olov Adami -- Endometrial cancer / Immaculata DeVivo, Ingemar Persson, and Hans-Olov Adami -- Ovarian cancer / Penelope Webb, Dorota Gertig, and David Hunter -- Prostate cancer / Lorelei A. Mucci, Lisa B. Signorello, and Hans-Olov Adami -- Testicular cancer / Lorenzo Richiardi, Rulla Tamimi, and Hans-Olov Adami -- Urinary bladder cancer / Manolis Kogevinas, Montserrat Garcia-Closas, and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- Kidney cancer / Eunyoung Cho, Per Lindblad, and Hans-Olov Adami -- Brain cancer / David A. Savitz and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- Thyroid cancer / Per Hall and Hans-Olov Adami -- Hodgkin lymphoma / Mads Melbye, Henrik Hjalgrim, and Hans-Olov Adami -- Non-hodgkin lymphoma / Mads Melbye, Karin Ekström Smedby, and Dimitrios Trichopoulos -- Leukemias / Eleni Petridou, Apostolos Pourtsidis, and Dimitrios Trichopoulos.
- Textbook of cardiovascular medicine. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidAtherosclerotic biology and epidemiology of disease --Diet and nutritional issues --Obesity and metabolic syndrome --Diabetes --Lipid disorders --Exercise and physical activity --Hypertension: context and management --Smoking --Estrogen, female gender, and heart disease --Ethanol and the heart --Other risk factors for coronary artery disease --Behavioral cardiology and heart disease --Cardiac rehabilitation and secondary prevention --An integrated approach to risk factor modification --The history --Physical examination --Chronic stable coronary disease --Unstable angina: ischemic syndromes --Acute myocardial infarction: early diagnosis and management --Acute myocardial infarction: complications --Post-Myocardial infarction management --Mitral valve disease --Aortic valve disease --Acquired tricuspid and pulmonary valve disease --Prosthetic valve disease --Infective endocarditis --Diseases of the pericardium, restrictive cardiomyopathy, and diastolic dysfunction --Pulmonary hypertension --Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy --Congenital heart disease --The heart and pregnancy --Women and heart disease --The elderly and aging --End-of-life care --The heart and other organ systems --Endocrine systems and the heart --Hematologic disorders and the heart --The heart and the renal system --Cardiac manifestations of selected neurologic disorders --Cardiovascular manifestations of rheumatic diseases --The heart and infectious diseases --Substance abuse and the heart --The athlete's heart --Cardiac trauma --Cardiac tumors --Clinical pharmacology for the cardiologist --Perioperative anesthetic considerations in noncardiac surgery for those at high risk of cardiovascular disease --Medical economics in cardiovascular medicine --Considerations in the design, conduct, and interpretation of quantitative clinical evidence --Databases in cardiology --Quality of care and medical errors in cardiovascular disease --Principles of imaging --Plain film examination of the chest --Exercise electrocardiography --Transthoracic echocardiography --Stress echocardiography --Doppler echocardiography --Transesophageal echocardiography --Imaging techniques in nuclear cardiology --Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging --Positron emission tomography --Computed tomography of the heart --Mechanisms of cardiac arrhythmias --Genetics of arrhythmias --Electrocardiography --Ambulatory and signal-averaged electrocardiography and t-wave alternans --Electrophysiologic testing --Bradycardias: sinus nodal dysfunction and atrioventricular conduction disturbances --Atrial fibrillation --Atrial flutter --Atrioventricular nodal-dependent tachycardias and preexcitation --Ventricular tachycardia --Sudden cardiac death and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators --Sudden cardiac death in the young: the impact of inherited cardiovascular disease --Cardiopulmonary resuscitation --Arrhythmias in congenital heart disease --Syncope --Antiarrhythmic drugs --Catheter ablation therapy for arrhythmias --Cardiac pacemakers --Left ventricular dyssynchrony and cardiac resynchronization therapy-- Coronary angiography --Cardiac catheterization and hemodynamic assessment --Percutaneous coronary intervention --Percutaneous cardiac procedures --Coronary artery bypass surgery --Approaches to the patient with prior bypass surgery --Percutaneous valve dilatations --Catheter interventions in congenital heart disease --Global pandemic of heart failure --Pathophysiology of the heart failure clinical syndrome --Acute heart failure --Chronic heart failure management --Diagnosis and medical treatment of inflammatory cardiomyopathy --Nonischemic cardiomyopathies --Cardiac transplantation and mechanical circulatory support --surgical approaches for heart failure --Prevention of heart failure --General techniques in molecular cardiology --Molecular genetics --Genetic factors in atherosclerosis --Genetic studies of myocardial and vascular disease --Gene therapy --Myocyte structure and function --Signal transduction pathways of the heart --Molecular basis of heart development --Stem cell therapy for ischemic heart disease --The biology of restenosis --Therapeutic angiogenesis --Diseases of the pulmonary vasculature --Diseases of the aorta --Noninvasive assessment of peripheral vascular disease --Cerebrovascular disease --Disease of peripheral vessels --Renal artery disease --Venous thromboembolism.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPrinciples of echocardiographic image acquisition and Doppler analysis -- Transthoracic views, normal anatomy, and flow patterns -- Transesophageal echocardiography -- Other echocardiographic modalities -- Clinical indications and quality assurance -- Left and right ventricular systolic function -- Ventricular diastolic filling and function -- Ischemic cardiac disease -- Cardiomyopathies, hypertensive and pulmonary heart disease -- Pericardial disease -- Valvular stenosis -- Valvular regurgitation -- Prosthetic valves -- Endocarditis -- Cardiac masses and potential cardiac "source of embolus" -- Diseases of the great vessels -- The adult with congenital heart disease.
- Textbook of clinical embryology 2013, Cambridge"The success of Assisted Reproductive Technology is critically dependent upon the use of well optimized protocols, based upon sound scientific reasoning, empirical observations and evidence of clinical efficacy. Recently, the treatment of infertility has experienced a revolution, with the routine adoption of increasingly specialized molecular biological techniques and advanced methods for the manipulation of gametes and embryos. This textbook - inspired by the postgraduate degree program at the University of Oxford - guides students through the multidisciplinary syllabus essential to ART laboratory practice, from basic culture techniques and micromanipulation to laboratory management and quality assurance, and from endocrinology to molecular biology and research methods. Written for all levels of IVF practitioners, reproductive biologists and technologists involved in human reproductive science, it can be used as a reference manual for all IVF labs and as a textbook by undergraduates, advanced students, scientists and professionals involved in gamete, embryo or stem cell biology"--Provided by publisher.
- Print MaterialIntroduction to hemodynamic assessment in the cardiac catheterization laboratory / Michael Ragosta -- Normal waveforms, artifacts, and pitfalls / Michael Ragosta -- Cardiac outputs and shunts / Vishal Aurora -- Mitral valve disorders / Michael Ragosta -- Aortic valve disease / Michael Ragosta -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy and related conditions / Michael Ragosta -- Right-sided heart disorders: hemodynamics of the tricuspid and pulmonic valves and pulmonary hypertension / Michael Ragosta -- Pericardial disease and restrictive cardiomyopathy / Michael Ragosta -- Shock, heart failure, and related disorders / Michael Ragosta -- Complications of acute myocardial infarction / Brandon Brown -- Congenital heart disease / Rajan A.G. Patel and D. Scott Lim -- Coronary hemodynamics / Michael Ragosta -- Advanced hemodynamic assessment of ventricular function / D. Scott Lim and Howard P. Gutgesell -- Miscellaneous hemodynamic conditions / Michael Ragosta.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPrinciples and practice -- Work sectors and special populations -- Occupational diseases and injuries -- Hazards in the workplace and the environment -- Policy, regulation and control.
- Textbook of clinical pediatrics. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Textbook of diagnostic ultrasonography. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2006.Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialThe origins of family medicine -- Principles of family medicine -- Illness in the community -- A profile of family practice -- Philosophical and scientific foundations of family medicine -- Illness, suffering, and healing -- Doctor-patient communication -- Clinical method -- The enhancement of health and the prevention of disease -- The family in health and disease -- Acute sore throat -- Headache -- Fatigue -- Hypertension -- Diabetes -- Home care -- Records -- Consultation and referral -- The health professions -- The community service network -- Alternative or complementary medicine -- Practice management -- Continuing self-education -- Research in family practice.
- Print Material
- Textbook of Family Medicine. 8th ed. 2011, MD Consult
- Textbook of gastroenterology. 4th ed. 2003, Ovid
- Textbook of hand eczema 2014, SpringerHand eczema is a major complaint worldwide and a frequent occupational disorder. This book provides a comprehensive and detailed overview of the classification, etiology, diagnosis, prevention, and therapy of hand eczema. It is innovative, up to date, and practical. The links with particular occupations are explained, the various diagnostic tests are presented, and the role of different topical and systemic treatments is clearly described. The authors are world leaders in the field. The Textbook of Hand Eczema reflects a new era in hand dermatitis and will be invaluable for all who deal with the condition in their clinical practice.
- Textbook of healthcare ethics. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer
- Textbook of influenza. 2nd edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, WileyInfluenza: perspective -- Human influenza: one health, one world -- Influenza pandemics: history and lessons learned -- Structure and replication -- Structure, disassembly, assembly, and budding of influenza viruses -- The virus genome and its replication -- Influenza glycoproteins: hemagglutinin and neuraminidase -- Proton channels of influenza A and B viruses -- The NS1 protein: a master regulator of host and viral functions -- Structure and function of the influenza virus replication machinery and PB1-F2 -- The genome and its manipulation: recovery of the 1918 virus and vaccine virus generation -- Pathogenesis -- Evolution and ecology of influenza viruses -- Ecology and evolution of influenza viruses in wild and domestic birds -- Influenza in swine -- Equine/canine/feline/seal influenza -- Emergence and evolution of the 1918, 1957, 1968, and 2009 pandemic virus strains -- Epidemiology and surveillance -- Influenza surveillance and laboratory diagnosis -- Epidemiology of influenza -- Immunology of influenza -- Innate immunity -- Antibody-mediated immunity -- Cell-mediated immunity -- Vaccines and vaccine development -- Immunogenicity, efficacy of inactivated/live virus seasonal and pandemic vaccines -- New approaches to vaccination -- Control of influenza in animals -- Influenza vaccine production -- Clinical aspects and antivirals -- Human influenza: pathogenesis, clinical features, and management -- Antivirals: targets and use -- The control of influenza and cost-effectiveness of interventions -- Applications of quantitative modeling to influenza virus transmission dynamics, antigenic and genetic evolution, and molecular structure -- Pandemic preparedness and response -- Influenza: the future -- The outbreak of H7N9.
- Print MaterialEvolution of integrative medicine and implications for mental health care -- Philosophical problems -- Paradigms in medicine, psychiatry, and integrative medicine -- Foundations of clinical methodology in integrative medicine -- History taking, assessment, formulation in integrative mental health care -- Starting and maintaining integrative treatment in mental health care -- Symptom-focused integrative mental health care -- Integrative management of depressed mood -- Integrative management of mania and cyclic mood changes -- Integrative management of anxiety -- Integrative management of psychosis -- Integrative management of dementia and mild cognitive impairment -- Integrative management of substance abuse and dependence -- Integrative management of disturbances of sleep and wakefulness.
- Print MaterialThe historical origins of modern international health -- International health agencies, activities, and other actors -- The political economy of health and development -- What do we know, what do we need to know, and why it matters : data on health -- Epidemiologic profiles of global health and disease -- Societal determinants of health and social inequalities in health -- Health under crisis -- Globalization, trade, work, and health -- Health and the environment -- Health economics and the economics of health -- Understanding and organizing health care systems -- Toward healthy societies : from ideas to action -- Doing international health.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialIntroduction to toxicology / Ernest Hodgson -- Introduction to biochemical and molecular methods in toxicology / Ernest Hodgson, Gerald A. LeBlanc, Sharon A. Meyer, Robert C. Smart -- Toxicant analysis and quality assurance principles / Ross B. Leidy -- Exposure classes: toxicants in air, water, soil, domestic and occupational settings / W. Gregory Cope -- Classes of toxicants: use classes / W. Gregory Cope, Ross B. Leidy, Ernest Hodgson -- Absorption and distribution of toxicants / Ronald E. Baynes, Ernest Hodgson -- Metabolism of toxicants / Randy L. Rose, Ernest Hodgson -- Reactive metabolites / Randy L. Rose, Patricia E. Levi -- Chemical and physiological influences on xenobiotic metabolism / Randy L. Rose and Ernest Hodgson -- Elimination of toxicants / Gerald A. LeBlanc -- Acute toxicity / Gerald A. LeBlanc -- Chemical carcinogenesis / Robert C. Smart -- Teratogenesis / Stacy Branch -- Hepatotoxicity / Ernest Hodgson, Patricia E. Levi -- Nephrotoxicity / Ernest Hodgson, Patricia E. Levi -- Toxicology of the nervous system / Bonita L. Blake -- Endocrine system / Gerald A. LeBlanc -- Respiratory toxicity / Ernest Hodgson, Patricia E. Levi, James C. Bonner -- Immunotoxicity / MaryJane K. Selgrade -- Reproductive system / Stacy Branch -- Toxicity testing / Helen Cunny, Ernest Hodgson -- Forensic and clinical toxicology / Stacy Branch -- Prevention of toxicity / Ernest Hodgson -- Human health risk assessment / Ronald E. Baynes -- Analytical methods in toxicology / Ross B. Leidy -- Basics of environmental toxicology / Gerald A. LeBlanc -- Transport and fate of toxicants in the environment / Damian Shea -- Environmental risk assessment / Damian Shea -- Future considerations for environmental and human health / Ernest Hodgson.
- Textbook of nanoneuroscience and nanoneurosurgery 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Textbook of nephro-endocrinology. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectPart I: The kidney as an endocrine organ -- Section I: Erythropoietin -- Erythropoietin: an historical overview of physiology, molecular biology and gene regulation / David R. Mole, Peter J. Ratcliffe -- Erythropoiesis: the roles of erythropoietin and iron / Herbert Y. Lin -- Extra-hematopoietic action of erythropoietin / Zheqing Cal, Gregg L. Semenza -- Development of recombinant erythropoietin and erythropoietin analogs / Iain C. Macdougall -- Erythropoietin, anemia and kidney disease / Ajay K. Singh ... [et al.] -- Section II: Vitamin D, PTH and novel regulators of phosphate -- Vitamin D and the kidney: introduction and historical perspective / Tejas Patel, Ajay K. Singh --- Vitamin D: molecular biology and gene regulation / Adriana S. Dusso, Alex J. Brown -- Endocrine regulation of phosphate homeostasis / Harald Jüppner, Anthony A. Portale -- Section III: Renin-Angiotensin -- The history of the renin-angiotensin system / Joel Menard -- Molecular biology of renin and regulation of its gene / Timothy L. Reudelhuber, Daniel F. Catanzaro -- Physiology and regulation of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system / Robert M. Carey, Shetal H. Padia -- The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system and the kidney / Benjamin Ko, George Bakris -- The renin-angiotensin system and the heart / Aaron J. Trask, Carlos M. Ferrario -- Renin-angiotensin blockage: therapeutic agents / Domenic A. Sica --Part II: The kidney as a hormonal target -- Section IV: Antidiuretic hormone -- Vasopressin in the kidney: historical aspects / Lynn E. Schlanger, Jeff M. Sands -- Molecular biology and gene regulation of vasopressin / Swasti Tiwari, Carolyn A. Ecelbarger -- Vasopressin antagonists in physiology and disease / Tomas Berl, Robert W. Schrier -- Diabetes insipidus and SIADH / Michael L. Moritz, Juan Carlos Ayus -- Section V: The atrial peptides -- ANP, BNP and CNP: physiology and pharmacology of the cardiorenal axis / Candace Y. W. Lee, John C. Burnett Jr -- Section VI: Aldosterone -- Aldosterone: history and introduction / John Coghlan, James F. Tait -- Aldosterone receptors and their renal effects: molecular biology and gene regulation / Celso E. Gomez-Sanchez, Elise P. Gomes-Sanchez, Mario Galigniana -- Aldosterone and its cardiovascular effects / Rajesh Garg, Gail K. Adler -- Regulation of aldosterone production / William E. Rainey, Windy B. Bollag, Carlos M. Isales -- Section VII: Endocrine disorders in renal failure -- Insulin resistance and diabetes in chronic renal disease / Donald C. Simonson -- Growth hormone / John D. Mahan -- Sexual dysfunction in men and women with chronic kidney disease / Biff F. Palmer -- Thyroid status in chronic renal failure patients: a non-thyroidal illness syndrome / Victoria S. Lim, Manish Suneja -- Metabolic acidosis of chronic kidney disease / Jeffrey A. Kraut, Glenn T. Nagami -- Pregnancy and the kidney / Chun Lam, S. Ananth Karumanchi.
- Textbook of neurointensive care. Second edition. [2nd ed.] 2013, SpringerListening to an injured brain is not easy. It takes knowledge, dedication, and understanding of the critically ill patient and their family. It takes an appreciation of the logistics of care in these difficult times of imbalance between more and sicker patients and fewer medical specialists. The impact of the right personnel, whose interest and training is in neurocritical care, has shown promise, both in terms of improving patient outcome and quality. The editors have updated this second edition with the latest knowledge and trends. Gathering together a group of international experts who champions the three characteristics Patient and Family Centered High Quality Care, Education, and Discovery needed in our NeuroICUs, the editors present to the reader a comprehensive textbook of neurocritical care, incorporating best practice / evidence-based medicine and performance improvement. This book is not an effort to embellish the shelf of a medical library; it is a practical bedside friend to be used to improve the neurological outcomes of those for whom we are honored to care: our patients.
- Textbook of palliative nursing. 2nd ed. 2006, MyiLibraryGeneral principles -- Symptom assessment and management -- Psychosocial support -- Spiritual care -- Special patient populations -- End-of-life care across settings -- Pediatric palliative care -- Special issues for the nurse in end-of-life care -- Models of excellence and innovative community projects -- "A good death."
- Textbook of Pediatric dermatology. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006.Print Material
- Print Material
- Resuscitation-pediatric basic and advanced life support -- Neonatal resuscitation -- Shock -- Sedation and analgesia -- Emergency airway management-rapid sequence intubation -- Emergency medical services and transport medicine -- Emergency department recognition and management of victims of biological and chemical terrorism -- Abdominal distension -- Apnea -- Ataxia -- Breast lesion -- Coma and altered level of consciousness -- Constipation -- Cough -- Cyanosis -- Crying and colic in early infancy -- Dehydration -- Diarrhea -- Disturbed child -- Dizziness -- Edema -- Epistaxis -- Eye-red -- Eye-strabismus -- Eye-unequal pupils -- Eye-visual disturbances -- Fever -- Foreign body-ingestion/aspiration -- Gastrointestinal bleeding -- Groin masses -- Hearing loss --- Patients with heart murmurs -- Hematuria -- Hypertension -- Immobile arm -- Injury-ankle -- Injury-head -- Injury-knee -- Injury-shoulder -- Jaundice-unconjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Jaundice-conjugated hyperbilirubinemia -- Limp -- Lymphadenopathy -- Neck mass -- Neck stiffness -- Odor-unusual -- Oligomenorrhea -- Oral lesions -- Pain-abdomen -- Pain-back -- Pain-chest -- Pain-dysphagia -- Pain-dysuria -- Pain-earache -- Headache -- Pain-joints -- Pain-scrotal -- Pallor -- Palpitations -- Polydipsia -- Rash-eczematous -- Rash-maculopapular -- Rash-papular lesions -- Rash-papulosquamous lesions -- Rash-petechiae and purpura -- Rash-urticaria -- Rash-vesicobullous -- Respiratory distress -- Seizures -- The septic-appearing infant -- Sore throat -- Stridor -- Syncope -- Tachycardia -- Urinary frequency in childhood -- Vaginal bleeding -- Vaginal discharge -- Vomiting -- Weakness -- Wheezing -- Weight loss -- Asthma and allergic emergencies -- Bite and stings -- Cardiac emergencies -- Dermatologic urgencies and emergencies -- Endocrine emergencies --Environmental emergencies -- Injuries involving radiation -- Gastrointestinal emergencies -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology -- Hematologic emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies -- Infectious disease emergencies-sexually transmitted diseases -- Metabolic emergencies -- Problems in the early neonatal period -- Neurologic emergencies -- Oncologic emergencies -- Pulmonary emergencies -- Emergencies in cystic fibrosis -- Renal and electrolyte emergencies -- Rheumatologic emergencies -- Toxicologic emergencies -- Evaluation of the ill returning traveler -- An approach to the injured child -- Major trauma -- Minor trauma-lacerations -- Abdominal trauma -- Burns -- Dental trauma -- Otolaryngologic trauma -- Facial trauma -- Genitourinary trauma -- Hand trauma -- Musculoskeletal trauma -- Neck trauma -- Neurotrauma -- Eye trauma -- Thoracic trauma -- Minor lesions and injuries -- Approach to the care of the technology-assisted child -- Abdominal emergencies -- Dental emergencies -- Otolaryngologic emergencies -- Urologic emergencies -- Orthopedic emergencies -- Neurosurgical emergencies, nontraumatic -- Ophthalmic emergencies -- Thoracic emergencies -- Transplantation emergencies -- Adolescent emergencies -- Behavioral emergencies -- Child abuse -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Ultrasound -- Illustrated techniques of pediatric emergency procedures -- App. A: Pediatric emergency medicine equipment -- App. B: Emergency drug compendium -- App. C: Practical information -- App. D: Parental instruction sheets -- App. E: Clinical pathways in emergency medicine.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Textbook of pediatric infectious diseases. 5th ed. v. 1-2, 2004.Print Material
- Textbook of pediatric rheumatology. 6th ed. 2011, ScienceDirectSection 1. Basic concepts -- section 2. Chronic arthritis -- section 3. Systemic connective tissue diseases -- section 4. Systemic vasculitis -- section 5. Arthritis related to infection -- section 6. Systemic disorders with rheumatic manifestations -- section 7. Noninflammatory causes of musculoskeletal pain.
- Textbook of penile cancer 2012, Springer
- Textbook of personalized medicine 2009, SpringerBasics of Personalized Medicine -- Molecular Diagnostics as Basis of Personalized Medicine -- Role of Biomarkers in Personalized Medicine -- Pharmacogenetics -- Pharmacogenomics -- Role of Pharmacoproteomics -- Role of Metabolomics in Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Biological Therapies -- Development of Personalized Medicine -- Personalized Therapy for Cancer -- Personalized Management of Neurological Disorders -- Personalized Therapy of Cardiovascular Diseases -- Personalized Management of Miscellaneous Disorders -- Personalized Preventive Medicine -- Organization of Personalized Medicine -- Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Personalized Medicine -- Economics of Personalized Medicine -- Future of Personalized Medicine.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases