- V(D)J recombination 2009, SpringerEarly steps of V(D)J rearrangement : insights from biochemical studies of RAG-RSS complexes / Patrick C. Swanson, Sushil Kumar, and Prafulla Raval -- Regulation of RAG transposition / Adam G.W. Matthews and Marjorie A. Oettinger -- Recent insights into the formation of RAG-induced chromosomal translocations / Vicky L. Brandt and David B. Roth -- V(D)J recombination deficiencies / Jean-Pierre de Villartay -- Large-scale chromatin remodeling at the immunoglobulin heavy chain locus : a paradigm for multigene regulation / Daniel J. Bolland, Andrew L. Wood, and Anne E. Corcoran -- Genetic and epigenetic control of V gene rearrangement frequency / Ann J. Feeney -- Dynamic aspects of TCRa gene recombination : qualitative and quantitative assessments of the TCRa chain repertoire in man and mouse / Evelyne Jouvin-Marche, Patrizia Fuschiotti, and Patrice Noël Marche -- Germline transcription : a key regulator of accessibility and recombination / Iratxe Abarrategui and Michael S. Krangel --Dynamic regulation of antigen receptor gene assembly / Lance R. Thomas, Robin Milley Cobb, and Eugene M. Oltz -- Molecular genetics at the T-cell receptor b locus : insights into the regulation of V(D)J recombination / Marie Bonnet, Pierre Ferrier, and Salvatore Spicuglia -- Molecular pathways and mechanisms regulating the recombination of immunoglobulin genes during B-lymphocyte development / Kristen Johnson, Karen L. Reddy, and Harinder Singh -- Regulation of V(D)J recombinationby E-protein transcription factors / Mary Elizabeth Jones and Yuan Zhuang -- Temporal and spatial regulation of V(D)J recombination : interactions of extrinsic factors with the RAG complex / Yun Liu, Li Zhang, and Stephen Desiderio -- V(D)J recombination : of mice and sharks / Ellen Hsu -- Normal and pathological V(D)J recombination : contribution to the understanding of human lymphoid malignancies / Saïda Dadi ... [et al.].
- Vaccination Lane Catalog record
- Vaccine adjuvants 2006, SpringerMicrobial pathogenesis and the discovery of toll-like receptor function / Bruce Beutler -- Dendritic cells: targets for immune modulation by microbes and immunologists / Bali Pulendran ... [et al.] -- Achieving transcriptional specificity in NF-[gamma]B-dependent inflammatory gene expression / Gioacchino Natoli -- Adjuvants and the initiation of t-cell responses / Matthew F. Mescher, Julie M. Curtsinger, and Marc Jenkins -- Mechanism for recognition of CpG DNA / Kiyoshi Takeda, Hiroaki Hemmi, and Shizuo Akira -- CpG ODN as a Th1 immune enhancer for prophylactic and therapeutic vaccines / Arthur M. Kried and Heather L. Davis -- Modified bacterial toxins / Ed C. Lavelle, Olive Leavy, and Kingston H.G. Mills -- Glycosylphosphatidylinositol anchors as natural immunological adjuvants derived from protozoan parasites / Ricardo T. Gazzinelli ... [et al.] -- The immunomodulatory glycan LNFPIII/Lewis X functions as a potent adjuvant for protein antigens / Mitsuhiro Okano ... [et al.] -- Immune and antiviral effects of the synthetic immunomodulator murabutide: molecular basis and clinical potential / George M. Bahr -- Effect of QS-21 on innate and adaptive immune responses / Charlotte Read Kensil ... [et al.] -- Monophosphoryl lipid A and synthetic lipid a mimetics as TLR4-based adjuvants and immunomodulators / Jory Baldridge ... [et al.] -- Microparticles and DNA vaccines / Kimberly Denis-Mize ... [et al.].
- Vaccine adjuvants Springer Protocols
- Development of vaccine adjuvants : a historical perspective / Gary Ott and Gary Van Nest -- Antigen processing and presentation / Subash Sad -- Mechanisms of adjuvant action / Nils Lycke -- Aluminum-containing adjuvants : properties, formulation, and use / Stanley L. Hem and Harm HogenEsch -- MF59 : a safe and potent oil-in-water emulsion adjuvant / Derek T. O'Hagan and Manmohan Singh -- TLR4 agonists as vaccine adjuvants / David A. Johnson and Jory R. Baldridge -- Immunostimulatory CpG oligodeoxynucleotides as vaccine adjuvants / Dennis M. Klinman, Debbie Currie, and Hidekazu Shirota -- Small molecule immunopotentiators as vaccine adjuvants / Fengfeng Xu, Nicholas M. Valiante, and Jeffrey B. Ulmer -- New ISCOMs meet unsettled vaccine demands / Bror Morein ... [et al.] -- Surface-charged poly(lactide-co-glycolide) microparticles as novel antigen delivery systems / Manmohan Singh ... [et al.] -- Liposomal cytokines and liposomes targeted to co-stimulatory molecules as adjuvants for HIV subunit vaccines / Bulent Ozpolat and Lawrence B. Lachman -- Archaeosome vaccine adjuvants for cross-priming CD8+ T-cell immunity / Lakshmi Krishnan and G. Dennis Sprott -- Mucosal adjuvants and delivery systems / Michael Vajdy -- Cytokines as vaccine adjuvants / Nejat K. Egilmez -- Polyphosphazenes as vaccine adjuvants / Alexander K. Andrianov -- Vaccine delivery by transdermal electroporation / Amit Misra -- Nonclinical safety assessment of vaccines and the evaluation of novel adjuvants and delivery systems / Jose A. Lebron ... [et al.] -- Safety evaluation of vaccine adjuvants / Erik B. Lindblad.
- Vaccine book 2003, ScienceDirect
- Vaccine cell substrates 2004 Lane Catalog record
- Vaccine protocols. 2nd ed. 2003, Springer Protocols
- Vaccine. 1st ed. 2007In this account of vaccination's miraculous, inflammatory past and its uncertain future, journalist Arthur Allen reveals a history both illuminated with hope and shrouded by controversy--from Edward Jenner's discovery of smallpox vaccine in 1796 to Pasteur's vaccines for rabies and cholera, to those that safeguarded the children of the twentieth century, and finally to the tumult currently surrounding vaccination. Faced with threats from anthrax to AIDS, we are a vulnerable population and can no longer depend on vaccines; numerous studies have linked childhood vaccination with various neurological disorders, and our pharmaceutical companies are more attracted to the profits of treatment than to the prevention of disease.--From publisher description.
- Vaccines against allergies 2011, SpringerImmunological approaches for tolerance induction in allergy -- Clinical experience with recombinant molecules for allergy vaccination -- Allergen-specific immunotherapy with recombinant allergens -- Vaccine approaches for food allergy -- Intralymphatic immunotherapy: From the rationale to human applications -- Induction of allergen-specific tolerance via mucosal routes -- T cell epitope-based allergy vaccines -- Allergen-specific immunotherapy: Towards combination vaccines for allergic and infectious diseases -- Passive immunization with allergen-specific antibodies -- Cell-based therapy in allergy -- Current strategies for allergen-specific immunotherapy at its centenary.
- Vaccines for biodefense and emerging and neglected diseases. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Vaccines for OIE list A and emerging animal diseases Lane Catalog record
- Vaccines for pandemic influenza 2009, SpringerPart I. Pandemic Influenza Overview -- Pandemic influenza as a current threat -- Antigenic cross-reactivity among H5N1 Viruses -- -- Part II. Current Approaches for Human and Avian Vaccine Production -- Seasonal influenza vaccines -- Generation and characterization of candidate vaccine viruses for pre-pandemic influenza vaccines -- Live attenuated vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Influenza vaccines for avian species -- Development and application of avian influenza vaccines in China -- -- Part III. Novel Vaccine Approaches -- Designing vaccines for pandemic influenza -- Attenuated influenza virus vaccines with modified NS1 proteins -- DNA Vaccines against Influenza viruses -- Recombinant proteins produced in insect cells -- Influenza neuraminidase as a vaccine antigen -- Recombinant vectors as influenza vaccines -- Influenza virus-like particles as pandemic vaccines -- Pandemic influenza vaccines -- Adjuvants for pandemic influenza vaccines -- -- Part IV. Novel Approaches of Vaccine Delivery -- Transcutaneous immunization with influenza vaccines -- Microneedle-based vaccines -- -- Part V. Vaccine Evaluation, Production and Distribution -- Animal models for evaluation of influenza vaccines -- Immunosenescence and influenza vaccine efficacy -- Vaccines for pandemic influenza: summary of recent clinical trials -- Considerations for licensure of influenza vaccines with pandemic and pre-pandemic indications -- Strategies for broad global access to pandemic influenza -- Prioritization of pandemic influenza vaccine: rationale and strategy for decision-making.
- Vaccines. 4th ed. 2004
- Vaccines. 5th ed. 2008A short history of vaccination / Susan L. Plotkin, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Vaccine immunology / Claire-Anne Siegrist -- The vaccine industry / R. Gordon Douglas, Jerald C. Sadoff, Vijay B. Samant -- Vaccine manufacturing / Phillip L. Gomez, James M. Robinson, Joseph A. Rogalewicz -- Immunologic adjuvants / Frederick R. Vogel, Stanley L. Hem -- Vaccine additives and manufacturing residuals in United States-licenced vaccines / Theresa M. Finn, William Egan -- General immunization practices / William L. Atkinson, Andrew L. Kroger, Larry K. Pickering -- Anthrax vaccines / Philip S. Brachman, Arthur M. Friedlander, John D. Grabenstein -- Cholera vaccines / Carol O. Tacket, David A. Sack -- Diphtheria toxoid / Charles R. Vitek, Melinda Wharton -- Haemophilus influenzae vaccines / Aruna Chandran, James P. Watt, Mathuram Santosham -- Hepatitis A vaccines / Anthony E. Fiore, Stephen M. Feinstone, Beth P. Bell -- Hepatitis B vaccines / Eric E. Mast, John W. Ward -- Human papillomavirus vaccines / John T. Schiller, Ian H. Frazer, Douglas R. Lowy -- Inactivated influenza vaccines / Carolyn B. Bridges ... [et al.] -- Influenza vaccine--live / Robert B. Belshe ... [et al.] -- Japanese encephalitis virus vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, Julie Jacobson -- Measles vaccines / Peter M. Strebel ... [et al.] -- Meningococcal vaccines / Dan M. Granoff, Lee H. Harrison, Ray Borrow -- Mumps vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Steven A. Rubin -- Pertussis vaccines / Kathryn M. Edwards, Michael D. Decker -- Plague vaccines / E. Diane Williamson, Andrew J. Simpson, Richard W. Titball -- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and pneumococcal common protein vaccines / Steven Black ... [et al.] -- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccines / Lisa A. Jackson, Kathleen M. Neuzil -- Poliovirus vaccine-inactivated / Stanley A. Plotkin, Emmanuel Vidor -- Poliovirus vaccine-live / Roland W. Sutter, Olen M. Kew, Stephen L. Cochi -- Rabies vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Hilary Koprowski, Charles E. Rupprecht -- Rotavirus vaccines / H. Fred Clark ... [et al.] -- Rubella vaccine / Stanley A. Plotkin, Susan E. Reef -- Smallpox and vaccinia / Donald A. Henderson, Luciana L. Borio, John D. Grabenstein -- Tetanus toxoid / Steven G.F. Wassilak ... [et al.] -- Tick-borne encephalitis virus vaccines / P. Noel Barrett, Stanley A. Plotkin, Hartmut J. Ehrlich -- Tuberculosis vaccines / Kim Connelly Smith, Ian M. Orme, Jeffrey R. Starke -- Typhoid fever vaccines / Myron M. Levine -- Varicella vaccine / Anne A. Gershon, Michiaki Takahashi, Jane F. Seward -- Yellow fever vaccine / Thomas P. Monath, Martin S. Cetron, Dirk E. Teuwen -- Zoster vaccine / Myron J. Levin -- Combination vaccines / Michael D. Decker, Kathryn M. Edwards, Hugues H. Bogaerts -- Adenovirus vaccines / Charlotte A. Gaydos, Gregory C. Gray -- Biodefense and special pathogen vaccines / Philip Pittman, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Therapeutic cancer vaccines / Neil L. Berinstein, David Spaner -- Cytomegalovirus vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin -- Dengue vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, David W. Vaughn -- Diarrheal disease vaccines / James P. Nataro, Eileen M. Barry -- Ebola vaccines / Nancy J. Sullivan, Gary J. Nabel -- Epstein-Barr virus vaccines / Joanne E. Davis, Denis J. Moss -- Hepatitis C virus vaccines / Eva Reali, Michael Houghton, Sergio Abrignani -- Hepatitis E virus vaccines / Robert H. Purcell, Suzanne U. Emerson -- Herpes simplex virus vaccines / Lawrence R. Stanberry -- Human immunodeficiency virus vaccines / Marc P. Girard, Wayne C. Koff -- Lyme disease vaccines / Allen C. Steere -- Malaria vaccines / Filip Dubovsky, Elissa Malkin -- Noninfectious disease vaccines / George R. Siber -- Respiratory syncytial virus and parainfluenza virus vaccines / Ruth A. Karron -- Parasitic disease vaccines / Peter J. Hotez, Jeffrey M. Bethony -- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) vaccines / Bart L. Haagmans, Albert D.M.E. Osterhaus -- Staphylococcus aureus vaccines / Robert S. Daum -- Streptococcus group A vaccines / Karen L. Kotloff -- Streptococcus group B vaccines / C. Mary Healy, Carol J. Baker -- Technologies for making new vaccines / Ronald W. Ellis -- Alternative vaccine delivery methods / Bruce G. Weniger, Mark J. Papania -- The development of gene-based vectors for immunization / Gary J. Nabel --- Vaccination in the immunocompromised host / Per Ljungman -- Vaccination of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons / William J. Moss, Neal A. Halsey -- Vaccines for international travel / Elizabeth D. Barnett, Phyllis E. Kozarsky, Robert Steffen -- Vaccines for health care workers / David J. Weber, William A. Rutala -- Immunization in the United States / Walter A. Orenstein ... [et al.] -- Immunization in Europe / David M. Salisbury, John S. Spika -- Immunization in the Asia-Pacific region / Theodore F. Tsai, Zhi Yi Xu -- Immunization in developing countries / Stephen C. Hadler ... [et al.] -- Community immunity / Paul E.M. Fine, Kim Mulholland -- Economic analyses of vaccine policies / Mark A. Miller, Alan R. Hinman -- Regulation and testing of vaccines / Norman W. Baylor, Karen Midthun -- Vaccine safety / Paul A. Offit, Robert L. Davis, Deborah Gust -- Legal issues / Geoffrey Evans, Emily Marcus Levine, Elizabeth H. Saindon -- Ethics / Arthur L. Caplan, Jason L. Schwartz.
- Vaccinia virus and poxvirology 2004, Springer ProtocolsAn in vitro transcription system for studying Vaccinia virus early genes / Steven S. Broyles and Marcia Kremer -- An in vitro transcription system for studying Vaccinia virus late genes / Cynthia F. Wright -- Studying Vaccinia virus RNA processing in vitro / Paul D. Gershon -- Methods for analysis of poxvirus DNA replication / Paula Traktman and Kathleen Boyle -- Studying the binding and entry of the intracellular and extracellular enveloped forms of Vaccinia virus / Mansun Law and Geoffrey L. Smith -- Pox, dyes, and videotape: making movies of GFP-labeled Vaccinia virus / Brian M. Ward -- Interaction analysis of viral cytokine-binding proteins: using surface plasmon resonance / Bruce T. Seet and Grant McFadden -- Monitoring of human immunological responses to Vaccinia virus / Richard Harrop ... [et al.] -- Vaccinia virus as a tool for immunologic studies / Nia Tatsis, Gomathinayagam Sinnathamby, and Laurence C. Eisenlohr -- Mouse models for studying orthopoxvirus respiratory infections / Jill Schriewer, R. Mark L. Buller, and Gelita Owens --Viral glycoprotein-mediated cell fusion assays using Vaccinia virus vectors / Katharine N. Bossart and Christopher C. Broder -- Use of dual recombinant Vaccinia virus vectors to assay viral glycoprotein-mediated fusion with transfection-resistant primary cell targets / Yanjie Yi ... [et al.] -- Poxvirus bioinformatics / Chris Upton -- Preparation and use of molluscum contagiosum virus from human tissue biopsy specimens / Nadja V. Melquiot and Joachim J. Bugert.Working safely with Vaccinia virus: laboratory technique and the role of Vaccinia vaccination / Stuart N. Isaacs -- Construction and isolation of recombinant Vaccinia virus using genetic markers / María M. Lorenzo, Inmaculada Galindo, and Rafael Blasco -- Construction of recombinant Vaccinia virus: cloning into the thymidine kinase locus / Chelsea M. Byrd and Dennis E. Hruby -- Transient and inducible expression of Vaccinia/T7 recombinant viruses / Mohamed Ragaa Mohamed and Edward G. Niles -- Construction of recombinant Vaccinia viruses using leporipoxvirus-catalyzed recombination and reactivation of orthopoxvirus DNA / Xiao-Dan Yao and David H. Evans -- Construction of cDNA libraries in Vaccinia virus / Ernest S. Smith, Shuying Shi, and Maurice Zauderer -- Construction and isolation of recombinant MVA / Caroline Staib, Ingo Drexler, and Gerd Sutter -- Growing poxviruses and determining virus titer / Girish J. Kotwal and Melissa-Rose Abrahams -- Rapid preparation of Vaccinia virus DNA template for analysis and cloning by PCR / Rachel L. Roper -- Orthopoxvirus diagnostics / Hermann Meyer, Inger K. Damon, and Joseph J. Esposito --
- Vaginal surgery for incontinence and prolapse 2006, Springer
- Validating medical packaging 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Validating pharmaceutical systems 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Validation standard operating procedures 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Valuation and conservation of biodiversity 2005, Springer
- Valuation in life sciences 2007, Springer
- Valuation in life sciences. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Value of health 2007
- Valuing water, valuing livelihoods 2011, WHO"This publication addresses the broader issues of social cost-benefit analysis performed on options to invest in drinking-water supplies, with a focus on small community suppliers"--Back cover.
- Valvular heart disease in clinical practice 2009, SpringerThe Mitral Valve Disease / Michael Henein and John Pepper -- Aortic Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Joseph Maalouf -- Right Heart Valve Disease / Michael Henein -- Pulmonary Valve Disease / Michael Henein and Wei Li -- Stress Echo in Valvular Heart Disease / Eugenio Picano -- Valve Substitutes / John Chambers -- Native and Prosthetic Valve Endocarditis / Maurizio Galderisim and Sergio Mondillo.
- Vander's Renal physiology. 6th ed. 2004, AccessMedicine
- Variation 2005, ScienceDirectVariation and variability : central concepts in biology / Benedikt Hallgrímsson and Brian K. Hall -- Variation from Darwin to the modern synthesis / Peter J. Bowler -- The statistics of variation / Leigh Van Valen -- Landmark morphometrics and the analysis of variation / Joan T. Richtsmeier, Subhash R. Lele, and Theodore M. Cole III -- Variation in ontogeny / Donna Carlson Jones and Rebecca Z. German -- Constraints on variation from genotype through phenotype to fitness / Lauren Ancel Meyers -- Developmental origins of variation / Ellen Larsen -- Canalization, cryptic variation, and developmental buffering : a critical examination and analytical perspective / Ian Dworkin -- Mutation and phenotypic variation : where is the connection? : capacitators, stressors, phenotypic variability, and evolutionary change / Ary A. Hoffmann and John A. McKenzie -- Within individual variation : developmental noise versus developmental stability / Katherine E. Willmore and Benedikt Hallgrímsson -- Developmental constraints, modules, and evolvability / Christian Peter Klingenberg -- Developmental regulation of variability / Miriam Leah Zelditch -- Role of stress in evolution : from individual adaptability to evolutionary adaptation / Alexander V. Badyaev -- Environmentally contingent variation : phenotypic plasticity and norms of reaction / Sonia E. Sultan and Stephen C. Stearns -- Variation and life-history evolution / Derek A. Roff -- Antisymmetry / A. Richard Palmer -- Variation in structure and its relationship to function : correlation, explanation, and extrapolation / Anthony P. Russell and Aaron M. Bauer -- A universal generative tendency toward increased organismal complexity / Daniel W. McShea -- Variation and versatility in macroevolution / V. Louise Roth -- Variation and developmental biology : prospects for the future / David M. Parichy -- Phenogenetics : genotypes, phenotypes, and variation / Samuel Sholtis and Kenneth M. Weiss -- The study of phenotypic variability : an emerging research agenda for understanding the developmental-genetic architecture underlying phenotypic variation / Benedikt Halgrímsson, Jevon James Yardley Brown, and Brian K. Hall.
- Varicella-zoster virus 2010, SpringerThe Varicella-zoster virus genome -- VZV molecular epidemiology -- Roles of cellular transcription factors in VZV replication -- Effects of Varicella-zoster virus on cell cycle regulatory pathways -- Varicella-zoster virus open reading frame 66 protein kinase and its relationship to alphaherpesvirus US3 kinases -- VZV ORF 47 serine protein kinase and its viral substrates -- Overview of Varicella-zoster virus glycoproteins gC, gH and gL -- Analysis of the function of glycoproteins E and I and their promoters during VZV replication in virto and in skin and T cell xenografts in the SCID mouse model of VZV pathogenesis -- Varicella-zoster virus glycoprotein M -- Varicella zoster virus immune evasion strategies -- VZV Infection of keratinocytes: production of cell-free infectious virions in vivo -- Varicella-zoster virus T cell tropism and the pathogenesis of skin infection -- Experimental models to study varicella zoster virus infection of neurons -- Molecular characterization of Varicella zoster virus (VZV) in latently infected human ganglia: physical state and abundance of VZV DNA, quantitation of viral transcripts and detection of VZV-specific proteins -- Neurological disease produced by Varicella zoster virus reactivation without rash -- Varicella-zoster virus neurotropism in SCID mouse-human DRG xenografts -- Rodent models of Varicella-zoster virus neurotropism -- Simian Varicella virus: molecular virology -- Simian Varicella virus pathogenesis -- Varicella-zoster virus vaccine : molecular genetics -- VZV T-cell-mediated immunity -- Perspectives on vaccines against Varicella-zoster virus infections.
- Development of vascular access surgery -- Patient assessment and planning for vascular access surgery -- Anesthesia for vascular access surgery -- Surgical anatomy for hemodialysis access -- Physiology of the arteriovenous fistula -- Thrombophilia as a cause of recurrent vascular access thrombosis in hemodialysis patients -- Biologic properties of venous access devices -- Biologic response to prosthetic dialysis grafts -- Strategies to reduce intimal hyperplasia in dialysis access grafts -- Epidemiology and pathophysiology of chronic renal failure and guidelines for initiation of hemodialysis -- Autologous arteriovenous fistulas: direct radiocephalic anastomosis for hemodialysis access -- Autogenous vein for fistulas and interposition grafts -- Basili vein transposition: a modern autogenous vascular access for hemodialysis -- Interposition arteriovenous grafts (bridge fistulas) for hemodialysis -- New synthetic grafts and early access -- Central venous cannulation for hemodialysis access -- Access in the neonatal and pediatric patient -- Surveillance, revision, and outcome of vascular access procedures for hemodialysis -- Endovascular management of dialysis graft stenosis -- Axillosubclavian vein thrombosis -- Complications of vascular access: thrombosis, venous hypertension, congestive heart failure, neuropathy, and aneurysm -- Dialysis access-associated ischemic steal syndrome -- Vascular access neuropathic syndrome: ischemic monomelic neuropathy -- Infection in vascular access procedures -- Assessment and intervention for arteriovenous fistula maturation -- Coordination and patient care in vascular access -- Cardiovascular consequences of rapid hemodialysis -- Peritoneal dialysis -- Socioeconomic implications of vascular access surgery -- Ultrasound in vascular access -- Reflections on four decades of experience in vascular access surgery -- Organizing hemodialysis access: the kaiser permanente southern California experience -- Should the KDOQI guidelines for first time dialysis access apply to all patients? -- Ten mistakes to avoid in dialysis access surgery -- Placement of indwelling venous access systems -- Vascular access for trauma, emergency surgery, and critical care -- Complications of percutaneous vascular access procedures and their management.
- Vascular and interventional imaging. 2nd ed. Lane Catalog record
- Vascular and interventional radiology Lane Catalog record
- Patient evaluation and care -- Standard angiographic and interventional techniques -- Pathogenesis of vascular diseases -- Thoracic aorta -- Abdominal aorta -- Pelvic and lower extremity arteries -- Upper extremity arteries -- Renal arteries and veins -- Mesenteric arteries -- Hepatic, splenic, and portal vascular systems -- Endocrine, exocrine, and reproductive systems -- Pulmonary and bronchial arteries -- Lower extremity veins -- Inferior vena cava -- Upper extremity veins and superior vena cava -- Vascular access placement and foreign body retrieval -- Hemodialysis access -- Lymphatic system -- Percutaneous biopsy -- Transcatheter fluid drainage -- Gastrointestinal interventions -- Biliary system -- Urologic and genital systems.
- Vascular biology protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsRat carotid artery balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Histological and morphometric analyses for rat carotid balloon injury model / David A. Tulis -- Plaque rupture model in mice / Takeshi Sasaki, Kae Nakamura and Masafumi Kuzuya -- Immunostaining of mouse atherosclerotic lesions / Hong Lu, Debra L. Rateri and Alan Daugherty -- Surgical animal model of ventricular hypertrophy / Giuseppe Marano and Alberto U. Ferrari -- Animal models of hypertension / Brett M. Mitchell, Thomas Wallerath and Ulrich Förstermann -- Rat models of cardiac insulin resistance / Sanjoy Ghosh, Brian Rodrigues and Jun Ren -- The Isolated, perfused pseudo-working heart model / Gary J. Grover and Rajni Singh -- Altering and analyzing glucose metabolism in perfused hearts of transgenic mice / Rajakumar V. Donthi and Paul N. Epstein -- Methods in the evaluation of cardiovascular renin angiotensin aldosterone activation and oxidative stress / Camila Manrique -- Detection and quantification of apoptosis in the vasculature / Wendy A. Boivin and David J. Granville -- Endothelial progenitor cell and mesenchymal stem cell isolation, characterization, viral transduction / Keith R. Brunt, Sean R. R. Hall, Christopher A. Ward, and Luis G. Melo -- Assessment of endothelial damage/dysfunction: a focus on circulating endothelial cells / Christopher J. boos, Andrew D. Blann, and Gregory Y. H. Lip -- Evaluation of endothelial function by in vivo microscopy / Rosario Scalia -- Hapotaxis of endothelial cell migration under flow / Steve Hsu, Rahul Thakar, and Song Li -- Isolation, culture, and functional analysis of adult mouse cardiomyocytes / Ronglih Liao and Mohit Jain -- Mechanical measurement of contractile function of isolated ventricular myocytes / Loren E. Wold and Jun Ren -- Studying ischemia and reperfusion in isolated neonatal rat ventricular myocytes using coverslip hypoxia / Kelly R. Pitts and Christopher F. Toombs -- Isolation and functional studies of rat aortic smooth muscle cells / Nair Sreejayan and Xiaoping Yang -- Detection of reactive oxygen species and nitric oxide in vascular cells and tissues / Hua Cai, Sergey Dikalow, Kathy K. Griendling, and David G. Harrison -- Assessment of protein glycoxidation in ventricular tissues / Shi-Yan Li and Jun Ren -- Assessment of PI-3 kinase and Akt in ischemic heart diseases in diabetes / Takashi Matsui and Amy J. Davidoff -- Two-dimensional gel electrophoresis in platelet proteomics research / Ángel García -- Stem cell therapy in the heart and vasculature / Loren E. Wold, Wangde Dai, Joan S. Dow, and Robert A. Kloner.
- Vascular complications in human disease 2008, Springer
- Vascular CT angiography manual 2011, SpringerCT basics -- Concepts in radiation -- Technical aspects of vascular CT angiography -- Carotid and upper extremity CT angiography -- Thoracic aortic CT angiography -- Abdominal aortic CT angiography -- Peripheral arterial CT angiography.
- Vascular dementia 2005, SpringerThe aging population and the importance of vascular dementia / Kelly L. Lange and Robert H. Paul -- Clinical forms of vascular dementia / Gustavo C. Román -- Neuropathological substrates of vascular ischemic dementia / Kurt A. Jellinger -- Diagnosis of vascular dementia : conceptual challenges / José G. Merino and Vladimir Hachinski -- Cerebral hemodynamics in the elderly / Jorge M. Serrador and Lewis A. Lipsitz -- The cadasil syndrome and other genetic causes of stroke and vascular dementia / Stephen Salloway and Sophie Desbiens -- Estrogen, the cerebrovascular system, and dementia / Sharon X.C. Yang and George A. Kuchel -- Hypertension and cerebrovascular disease : effects of hypertension on young and middle-aged rhesus monkeys / Mark B. Moss and Elizabeth M. Jonak -- The cognitive profile of vascular dementia / Angela Lee Jefferson ... [et al.] -- Progression of cognitive impairments associated with cerebrovascular disease / Sally Stephens ... [et al.] -- Neuropsychiatric correlates of vascular injury : vascular dementia and related neurobehavioral syndromes / Anand Kumar, Helen Lavretsky, and Ebrahim Haroon -- Functional impairment in vascular dementia / Patricia A. Boyle and Deborah Cahn-Weiner -- Functional brain imaging of cerebrovascular disease / Ronald Cohen ... [et al.] -- Contributions of subcortical lacunar infarcts to cognitive impairment in older persons / Dan Mungas --White matter hyperintensities and cognition / David J. Moser, Jason E. Kanz, and Kelly Davis Garrett -- Poststroke dementia : the role of strategic infarcts / Anelyssa D'Abreu and Brian R. Ott -- Understanding incidence and prevalence rates in mixed dementia / John Gunstad and Jeffery Browndyke -- Vascular basement membrane abnormalities and alzheimer's disease / Edward G. Stopa, Brian D. Zipser, and John E. Donahue -- Amyloid beta and the cerebral vasculature / Paula Grammas -- Cerebrovascular disease and the expression of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri and Zsuzsanna Nagy -- The neuropsychological differentiation between Alzheimer's disease and subcortical vascular dementia / David J. Libon ... [et al.] -- Pharmacological treatment of vascular dementia / Timo Erkinjuntti ... [et al.] -- Understanding and managing caregiver burden in cerebrovascular disease / Geoffrey Tremont, Jennifer Duncan Davis, and Mary Beth Spitznagel -- Quality of life in patients with vascular dementia / Rebecca E. Ready and Brian R. Ott -- Approaches to neuroprotection and recovery enhancement after acute stroke / Marc Fisher and Magdy Selim.
- Vascular diagnosis 2005
- Vascular disruptive agents for the treatment of cancer 2010, SpringerPart 1. Pre-clinical development -- The Discovery and Characterisation of Tumour Endothelial Markers / Dario Neri and Roy Bicknell -- The Use of Animal Models in the Assessment of Tumour Vascular Disrupting Agents (VDAs) / R. Barbara Pedley and Gillian M. Tozer -- Combination Therapy with Chemotherapy and VDAs / Giulia Taraboletti, Katiuscia Bonezzi and Raffaella Giavazzi -- Lessons from Animal Imaging in Preclinical Models / Lesley D. McPhail and Simon P. Robinson -- Combining Antiangiogenic Drugs with Vascular Disrupting Agents Rationale and Mechanisms of Action / Yuval Shaked, Paul Nathan, Laura G. M. Daenen and Robert S. Kerbel -- Development of Vascular Disrupting Agents / Graeme J. Dougherty and David J. Chaplin -- Part 2. Imaging in the development of vascular disruptive agents -- MRI to Assess Vascular Disruptive Agents / Martin Zweifel and Anwar R. Padhani -- Contrast Ultrasound in Imaging Tumor Angiogenesis / Grzegorz Korpanty and Rolf A. Brekken -- Part 3. Clinical development -- The Clinical Development of Tubulin Binding Vascular Disrupting Agents / Martin Zweifel and Gordon Rustin -- ASA404 (DMXAA): New Concepts in Tumour Vascular Targeting Therapy / Bruce C. Baguley -- Vascular Disruptive Agents in Combination with Radiotherapy / Henry C. Mandeville and Peter J. Hoskin.
- Vascular effects of statins Lane Catalog record
- Vascular endothelium 2006, SpringerII Springer
- Vascular interventional radiology 2007, Springer
- Vascular interventional radiology. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Vascular liver disease 2011, Springer
- Vascular mechanics and pathology 2007, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed. 2011, Springer
- Vascular surgery. 3rd ed., rev. and expanded. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Vascular surgery. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2005.
- Tumor vasculature : a target for anticancer therapies / Dietmar W. Siemann -- Abnormal microvasculature and defective microcirculatory function in solid tumors / Peter Vaupel -- The role of microvasculature in metastasis formation / Oliver Stöltzing, Lee M. Ellis -- Development of agents that selectively disrupt tumor vasculature : a historical perspective / David J. Chaplin, Sally A. Hill -- Morphologic manifestations of vascular-disrupting agents in preclinical models / Mumtaz V. Rojiani, Amyn Rojiani -- Molecular recognition of the colchicine binding site as a design paradigm for the discovery and development of vascular disrupting agents / Kevin G. Pinney -- Combined modality approaches using vascular-disrupting agents / Wenyin Shi, Michael R. Horsman, Dietmar W. Siemann -- Vascular-targeting therapies and hyperthermia / Michael R. Horsman, Rumi Murata -- Flavones and xanthenones as vascular-disrupting agents / Bronwyn G. Siim, Bruce C. Baguley -- Targeting inside-out phospholipids on tumor blood vessels in pancreatic cancer / Adam W. Beck, Rolf Brekken, Philip E. Thorpe -- Cadherin antagonists as vascular-targeting agents / Orest Blaschuk, Tracey M. Rowlands -- Alphastatin : a pluripotent inhibitor of activated endothelial cells / Carolyn A. Staton, Claire Lewis -- Cationic lipid complexes to target tumor endothelium / Uwe Michaelis, Michael Teifel -- Development of vascular-targeting cancer gene therapy / Graeme J. Dougherty, Peter D. Davis, Shona T. Dougherty -- Vascular-disrupting strategies combined with bacterial spores targeting hypoxic regions of solid tumors / G-One Ahn, J. Martin Brown -- Imaging the effects of vascular-targeting agents / Susan M. Galbraith -- Clinical progress in tumor vasculature-disrupting therapies / Andrew M. Gaya, Gordon J. S. Rustin -- Use of vascular-disrupting agents in non-oncology indications / Joseph C. Randall, Scott Young.
- Vasculitis in clinical practice 2010, SpringerDefinitions -- Classification and epidemiology -- General presentation of the vasculitides -- General principles of treatment -- Giant cell arteritis -- Takayasu arteritis -- Wegener's granulomatosis -- Churg-Strauss syndrome -- Microscopic polyangiitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa -- Kawasaki disease -- Henoch-Schonlein purpura -- Behcet's dsease -- Cryoglobulinemic vasculitis -- Vasculitis mimics -- Secondary vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system vasculitis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Cogan's syndrome.
- Vasopressin and oxytocin 2002, ScienceDirect
- Vaughan & Asbury's General ophthalmology AccessMedicine, latest ed. only.
- VBA for dummies. 5th ed. 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Vegetables and fruits 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Vegetables, fruits, and herbs in health promotion 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Cruciferous vegetables and biological activity of isothiocyanates and indoles -- Green leafy vegetables in cancer prevention -- The role of tomato lycopene in cancer prevention -- [Beta]-carotene and other carotenoids in cancer prevention -- The role of alliums and their sulfur and selenium constituents in cancer prevention -- Molecular mechanisms of chemoprevention with capsaicinoids for chili peppers -- Influence of dietary soy isoflavones genistein and daidzein on genotoxicity and mammary carcinogenicity in rats exposed to the model carcinogen 7, 12-dimethylbenz[a]anthracene (DMBA) -- The potential roles of seeds and seed bioactives on the prevention and treatment of breast and prostate cancer -- Nuts as part of a whole diet approach to cancer prevention -- Whole grains and their constituents in the prevention of colon cancer.
- Vegetarian nutrition 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Vehicular accident investigation and reconstruction 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Vein pattern recognition 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Venous embolization of the liver 2011, Springer
- Venous thromboembolism 2005, Springer
- Ventricular geometry in post-myocardial infarction aneurysms 2012, SpringerAnatomy of the Myocardium in the Normal Left Ventricle --Normal Left Ventricular Dynamics: Contraction and Relaxation Patterns --Altered Left Ventricular Geometry in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy --Altered Ventricular Function in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy --Hemodynamics in Ischemic Cardiomyopathy: Left Ventricular Aneurysm Formation --Evolution of Techniques of Surgical Ventricular Restoration: From Linear Repair to Endoventricular Linear Patch Plasty --The Surgical Technique of Linear Endoventricular Patch Plasty --Surgical Ventricular Restoration by the Technique of Endoventricular Linear Patch Plasty: Long-Term Clinical Results --The Impact of Surgical Technique on Cardiac Hemodynamics Following Surgical Ventricular Restoration --Recent Controversies: To STICH or Not to STICH? --Role of Electrophysiological Testing, Intracardiac Defibrillator Implantation, and Concomitant Surgical Procedures in Patients with Left Ventricular Aneurysms Presenting with Ventricular Tachycardia --Role of Mitral Valve Surgery in Surgical Ventricular Restoration for Left Ventricular Aneurysms.
- Version control with Subversion. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Vertebrate genomes 2006., KargerThe human genome and its upcoming dynamics / M. Platzer -- Primate genomes / H. Herlyn, H. Zischler -- The mouse genome / S.D.M. Brown, J.M. Hancock -- The dog genome / F. Galibert, C. André -- The feline genome / W.J. Murphy -- The bovine genome / J.E. Womack -- The sheep genome / N.E. Cockett -- Cracking the genomic piggy bank : identifying secrets of the pig genome / B.E. Mote, M.F. Rothschild -- The horse genome / B.P. Chowdhary, T. Raudsepp -- Marsupial and monotreme genomes / E. Koina, J. Fong, J.A. Marshall Graves -- The chicken genome / D.W. Burt -- Insights from Xenopus genomes / N. Pollet, A. Mazabraud -- The Tetraodon genome / H. Roest Crollius -- The medaka genome : why we need multiple fish models in vertebrate functional genomics / H. Mitani ... [et al.] -- The zebrafish genome : a review and msx gene case study / J.H. Postlethwait -- Urochordate genomes / N. Satoh ... [et al.].
- Vertebrate hair cells 2006, Springer
- Fulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Vertical scar mammaplasty 2005, Springer
- Vertigo and dizziness 2005, Springer
- Vestibular evoked myogenic potential 2009, Springer
- 1998 NAP2000 NAP2004 NAP
- Veterans and agent orange. Herbicide/Dioxin exposure and acute Myelogenous Leukemia in the children of Vietnam veterans 2002, NAP
- Vetiveria 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Vibrational spectroscopy for tissue analysis 2013, CRCnetBASE"This book presents a variety of vibrational spectroscopic techniques, focusing on Raman and Fourier transform infrared (FTIR) spectroscopy and their use in noninvasive optical tissue diagnosis. It covers the most recent research in this area to create a unique database of different chemical bands and their assignments of spectral bands. The text explores the spectroscopic investigation of different tissues and samples, including breast tissue, lung tissue, and brain tissue. Based on their years of experience with various applications, the authors provide definitions of peak frequencies as well as other aspects of spectroscopy that could be helpful to a wide range of scientists"--Provided by publisher.
- Vibrational spectroscopy of biological and polymeric materials 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Victor McKusick and the history of medical genetics 2012, SpringerVictor McKusick /; Krishna R. Dronamraju --; Family Life and Victor's Meeting the Unexpected /; Anne Bishop McKusick --; The McKusick Twins: A Personal Essay /; Vincent L. McKusick --; Personal Recollections of Victor /; Krishna R. Dronamraju --; Memories of Victor McKusick /; Don M. Long --; Memories of the Moore Clinic, 1960-1965 /; David J. Weatherall --; Cytogenetics and Early Days at the Moore Clinic with Victor McKusick /; Malcolm A. Ferguson-Smith --; Travels with Victor: Marfan Syndrome and Its Cousins /; Reed E. Pyeritz --; Homage for Victor McKusick /; Nicholas Avrion Mitchison --; How Did My Association with Victor Influence Me, My Career, and My Family? /; Digamber S. Borgaonkar --; The Assimilation of Classical Genetics into Human Genetics /; Elof Axel Carlson --; Genetic Studies in Isolated Populations: Victor McKusick's Contributions to Population Genetics /; Aravinda Chakravarti --; Victor A. McKusick and Medical Genetics Among the Amish /; Clair A. Francomano --; Dr. Victor A. McKusick and the Genetics of Dwarfism /; Clair A. Francomano and David L. Rimoin --; Clinical Genomicist in the Future of Medical Practice /; Edison T. Liu --; Victor McKusick and the History of Medical Genetics /; Peter S. Harper --; The Influence of Victor A. McKusick on the Development of Training in Medical Genetics in Europe and in the World /; Giovanni Romeo.
- Video and image processing blockset. Version 1. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Vienna 2007, Springer
- The Lancet: an introduction -- Vintage papers from The Lancet (1820s to 1860s from Wakley to Nightingle -- 1870s to 1910s from Bacteria to Blood Groups -- 1920s to 1950s from Iron Lungs to Ultrasound -- 1960s to 2005 from Thalidomide to SARS).
- Violence against women 2007, Springer
- Violence against women and mental health 2013, KargerViolence against women, its prevalence and health consequences / Claudi García-Moreno, Heidi Stöckl -- Gender-based violence in the Middle-East : a review / Josyan Madi Skaff -- Violence against women in Latin America / Silvia Lucía Gaviria -- Violence against women in South Asia / Unaiza Niaz -- Violence against women in Europe : magnitude and the mental health consequences described by different data sources / Karin Helweg-Larsen -- Intimate partner violence as a risk factor for mental health problems in South Africa / Rachel Jewkes -- Intimate partner violence and mental health / Sian Oram, Louise M. Howard -- Sexual assault and women's mental health / Sandra L. Martin, Angela M. Parcesepe -- Child sexual abuse of girls / Harriet L. MacMillan, C. Nadine Wathen -- Sexual violence and armed conflict : a systematic review of psychosocial support interventions / Vivi Stavrou -- Abuse and trafficking among female migrants and refugees / Marianne Kastrup -- Abuse in doctor-patient relationships / Werner Tschan -- Workplace harassment based on sex : a risk factor for women's mental health problems / Lilia M. Cortina, Emily A. Leskinen -- Violence against women and suicidality : does violence cause suicidal behaviour? / Karen M. Devries, Maureen Seguin -- Violence against women suffering from severe psychiatric illness / Marta B. Rondon -- Violence against women and mental health / Claudia García-Moreno, Anita Riecher-Rössler.
- Violence assessment and intervention 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Viral entry into host cells 2013, SpringerFor a virus to invade a host cell it needs to penetrate the physical barrier imposed by the plasma membrane. Viruses have evolved specialized surface proteins to meet this challenge. These proteins facilitate delivery of the viral genetic information into the host cell by either fusing the viral envelope with a host cell membrane or by forming membrane pores. Membrane fusion and pore formation critically depend on the engagement of host cell receptors and receptor choice is a key determinant of viral tropism. The multi-faceted interplay between viral and cellular factors during virus entry is a fascinating field of study, which can provide important insight into viral pathogenesis and define new targets for intervention. This book provides a comprehensive overview of this exciting field of research.
- Viral fitness 2004As natural as breathing : the flu virus -- Farming and feeding the hungry : plant viruses and human enteroviruses -- Raising cattle and eating meat : rinderpest, measles, and mad cow disease -- Slaking our thirst: the cholera bacteria and its toxic viruses -- Weathering storms and droughts : West Nile virus and others alike -- Getting lucky with a faulty gene : escape from simple retroviruses -- Taking chances with sex : the herpes and papova viruses -- Risking death with sex : the AIDS virus -- Warring against humans and other animals: smallpox, monkeypox and others -- Raiding the wild for delicacies : the SARS virus.
- Viral gastroenteritis 2003, ScienceDirect
- Viral genome packaging machines 2005, SpringerViral genome packaging machines: an overview / Carlos Enrique Catalano -- Bacteriophage lambda terminase and the mechanisms of viral DNA packaging / Michael Feiss and Carlos Enrique Catalano -- DNA packaging in bacteriophage T4 / Venigalla B. Rao and Lindsay W. Black -- T3/T7 DNA packaging / Philip Serwer -- DNA packaging by bacteriophage P22 / Sherwood Casjens and Peter Weigele -- Bacteriophage SPP1 DNA packaging / Anja Dröge and Paulo Tavares -- The phi 29 DNA packaging motor : seeking the mechanism / Dwight Anderson and Shelley Grimes -- Encapsidation of the segmented double-stranded RNA genome of bacteriophage f6 / Minna M. Poranen, Markus J. Pirttimaa, and Dennis H. Bamford -- Cleavage and packaging of herpes simplex virus 1 DNA / Joel D. Baines and Sandra K. Weller.
- Viral genome replication 2009, Springer
- Viral haemorrhagic fevers. 1st ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Viral hemorrhagic fevers 2014, CRCnetBASE
- Diagnosis and testing -- How is HCV spread from one person to another? -- Pregnancy and breast feeding -- Counseling -- Long-term consequences of HCV infection -- Management and treatment of chronic hepatitis C -- Genotype -- Hepatitis C and healthcare workers.
- Viral hepatitis in children 2010, Springer
- Viral hepatitis. 1st ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Viral infections of the human nervous system 2013, SpringerMachine generated contents note: pt. I Encephalitis -- Measles Virus Infection and Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis / Kalbiye Yalaz -- Epstein-Barr Virus and Cytomegalovirus Infections / Alex Tselis -- Herpes Simplex Virus Meningoencephalitis / Israel Steiner -- Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy / Allen J. Aksamit -- Varicella Zoster Virus Infections / Don Gilden -- pt. II Meningitis/Encephalitis/Poliomyelitis -- Enterovirus Infections / Burk Jubelt -- pt. III Retroviruses -- Human Immunodeficiency Virus Infection/AIDS / William Tyor -- Human T-Cell Lymphotropic Virus Type 1 Infection / Raya Massoud -- pt. IV Viral Zoonoses -- Rabies / Alan C. Jackson -- West Nile Virus Infection / Marc Fischer -- Japanese Encephalitis Virus Infection / Tom Solomon -- Chikungunya Virus Infection / Philippe Gasque -- Nipah Virus Infection / Chong-Tin Tan -- Viral Hemorrhagic Fevers / Marylou V. Solbrig -- pt. V Unconventional Agents -- Prion Diseases / Valerie L. Sim.
- Viral membrane proteins 2005, Springer
- Viral molecular machines 2012, SpringerViruses: sophisticated biological machines / M.G. Rossmann and V.B. Rao -- F(1)-ATPase: A prototypical rotary molecular motor / K. Kinosita, Jr. -- Principles of virus structural organization / B.V. Prasad and M.F. Schmid -- Reconstructing virus structures from nanometer to near-atomic resolutions with cryo-electron microscopy and tomography / J. Chang ... [et al.] -- Contractile tail machines of bacteriophages / P.G. Leiman and M.M. Shneider -- Long noncontractile tail machines of bacteriophages / A.R. Davidson ... [et al.] -- Short noncontractile tail machines: adsorption and DNA delivery by podoviruses / S.R. Casjens and I.J. Molineux -- Infection of cells by alphaviruses / D.T. Brown and R. Hernandez -- Influenza virus entry / M. Luo -- Molecular mechanisms of HIV entry / C.B. Wilen, J.C. Tilton and R.W. Doms -- Bunyavirus: structure and replication / T.S. Guu, W. Zheng and Y.J. Tao -- Viral polymerases / K.H. Choi -- Chaperonin-mediated folding of viral proteins / Z.L. Hildenbrand and R.A. Bernal -- Building the machines: scaffolding protein functions during bacteriophage morphogenesis / P.E. Prevelige and B.A. Fane -- Bacteriophage HK97 capsid assembly and maturation / R.W. Hendrix and J.E. Johnson -- Lipid-containing viruses: Bacteriophage PRD1 assembly / S.J. Butcher, V. Manole and N.J. Karhu -- Assembly of large icosahedral double-stranded RNA viruses / M.M. Poranen and D.H. Bamford -- The papillomavirus virion: a machine built to hide molecular Achilles' heels / C.B. Buck and B.L. Trus -- Procapsid assembly, maturation, nuclear exit: dynamic steps in the production of infectious herpesvirions / G. Cardone ... [et al.] -- Assembly and architecture of HIV / B.K. Ganser-Pornillos, M. Yeager and O. Pornillos -- Condensed genome structure / L.W. Black and J.A. Thomas -- The bacteriophage DNA packaging machine / M. Feiss and V.B. Rao -- The dsDNA packaging motor in Bacteriophage o29 / M.C. Morais -- Single-molecule studies of viral DNA packaging / Y.R. Chemla and D.E. Smith -- Genome gating in tailed bacteriophage capsids / P. Tavares, S. Zinn-Justin and E.V. Orlova -- Packaging in dsRNA Viruses / L. Mindich -- Mechanism of RNA packaging motor / E.J. Mancini and R. Tuma -- Helical viruses / G. Stubbs and A. Kendall.
- Viral nanoparticles 2011, CRCnetBASE
- Viral neuropathies in the temporal bone 2002, Karger
- Viral pathogenesis in diagrams 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Viral polymerases and related proteins ScienceDirect
- Viral proteases and antiviral protease inhibitor therapy 2009, Springer
- Viral storm. 1st ed. 2011The author, a Stanford biologist reveals the surprising origins of the world's most deadly viruses, and how we can overcome catastrophic pandemics. He discusses the complex interactions between humans and viruses, and the threat from viruses that jump from species to species. He tells the story of how viruses and human beings have evolved side by side through history; how deadly viruses like HIV, swine flu, and bird flu almost wiped us out in the past; and why modern life has made our species vulnerable to the threat of a global pandemic. His research missions to the jungles of Africa and the rain forests of Borneo have earned him the nickname "the Indiana Jones of virus hunters," and in this book he takes readers along on his groundbreaking and often dangerous research trips to reveal the surprising origins of the most deadly diseases and to explain the role that viruses have played in human evolution. In a world where each new outbreak seems worse than the one before, he points the way forward, as new technologies are brought to bear in the most remote areas of the world to neutralize these viruses and even harness their power for the good of humanity. His provocative vision of the future will change the way we think about viruses, and perhaps remove a potential threat to humanity's survival. -- Provided by publisher.
- Viral transport in plants 2007, Springer
- Viral vectors for gene therapy 2003, Springer Protocols
- Virchow's Eulogies 2008, Springer
- Virtopsy approach 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Virtual colonoscopy. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerWhy we do CTC : screening for colorectal cancer / Richard M. Mendelson -- The performance of CTC / Didier Bielen -- Starting CT colonography in your department / Darra Murphy, Alan O'Hare, and Helen Fenlon -- The eligible patient : indications and contraindications / M. Raquel Oliva, Ayodale S. Odulate, and Koenraad J. Mortele -- Patient preparation for CT colonography / J. Yee -- The prerequisite : faecal tagging / Philippe Lefere and Stefaan Gryspeerdt -- How to get the colon distended? / David Burling, Stuart Taylor, and Steve Halligan -- Right parameters / Andrea Laghi -- How to interpret CTC data : evaluation of the different lesion morphologies / Beth G. McFarland -- How to avoid pitfalls in imaging : causes and solutions to overcome false-negatives and false-positives / Stefaan Gryspeerdt and Philippe Lefere -- 3D imaging : invaluable for the correct diagnosis? / Ayso H. De Vries and Jaap Stoker -- The challenge : detection of early-stage superficial colorectal lesions -- Gen Iinuma ... [et al.] -- Extracolonic findings / Francesca Turini, Francesca Cerri, and Emanuele Neri -- The future : computer-aided detection / H. Yoshida -- Quality and consistency in reporting CT colonography / Abraham H. Dachman, Piotr R. Obara, and Michael E. Zalis -- Virtual colonoscopy : beyond polyp detection? / T. Mang ... [et al.] -- Pictorial overview of normal anatomy, mimics of disease, and neoplasia using CT colonography / J.G. Fletcher, Fargol Booya, and Luis S. Guimaraes.
- Virtual screening in drug discovery 2005, CRCnetBASE
- "Whether sharing photos or following financial markets, many of us spend a shocking amount of time online. While the Internet can enhance well-being, [Stanford psychiatrist] Elias Aboujaoude has spent years treating patients whose lives have been profoundly disturbed by it. Part of the danger lies in how the Internet allows us to act with exaggerated confidence, sexiness, and charisma. This new self, which Aboujaoude dubs our "e-personality," manifests itself in every curt email we send, Facebook "friend" we make, and "buy now" button we click. Too potent to be confined online, however, e-personality traits seep offline, too, making us impatient, unfocused, and urge-driven even after we log off. This first scrutiny of the virtual world's transformative power on our psychology shows us how real life is being reconfigured in the image of a chat room, and how our identity increasingly resembles that of our avatar"--From publisher description.
- Virus taxonomy 2011, ScienceDirect
- Viruses and liver cancer. 1st ed. 2002, ScienceDirect
- Viruses and nanotechnology 2009, SpringerChemical modification of viruses and virus-like particles / E. Strable, M.G. Finn -- Structure-based engineering of an icosahedral virus for nanomedicine and nanotechnology / N.F. Steinmetz, T. Lin, G.P. Lomonossoff, J.E. Johnson -- Hybrid assembly of CPMV viruses and surface characteristics of different mutants / N.G. Portney, G. Destito, M. Manchester, M. Ozkan -- A library of protein cage architectures as nanomaterials / M.L. Flenniken ... [et al.] -- Biomedical nanotechnology using virus-based nanoparticles / G. Destito, A. Schneemann, M. Manchester -- Tumor targeting using canine parvovirus nanoparticles / P. Singh.
- Overall issues of virus and host evolution -- Insights from simulated evolution -- Viruses and unicellular organisms -- The dilemma of the big transition in evolution: the eukarotes -- Microscopic aquatic organisms and their viruses -- A virus odyssey from worms to fish: viruses of early animals and aquatic animals -- Viruses, land plants, and insects: a trinity of virus, host, and vector -- Evolution of terrestrial animals and their viruses.
- Viruses in food 2008This report draws attention to the threat of viruses as a risk to public health when they are present in food. Viruses play a major role in the burden of infectious intestinal disease and require special and separate attention because they behave differently from bacteria. In identifying the major routes of viral contamination of foods, this report seeks to highlight those areas which need immediate attention and provide guidance to both risk assessors and risk managers in understanding the challenges to be overcome in effectively addressing the problems associated with foodborne viruses.--Publisher's description.
- Visceral vascular manipulations 2011, ScienceDirect
- Visible Human Project 2000, NLM
- Visible Human Project 2007, NLM
- Visible librarian 2003The primacy of customer service and other basics -- Doing the groundwork : marketing -- Publicity : the tangibles -- Public relations : the personal touch -- Advocacy : putting it all together
- Vision 2001, ScienceDirect
- Vision in Alzheimer's disease 2004, Karger
- Vision, science, and literature, 1870-1920 SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Visions 2003, ScienceDirect
- Visions 2003
- Visual Basic 2005 in a nutshell. 3rd ed. 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Visual Basic 2005 jumpstart. 1st ed. 2005, ProQuest Safari
- Visual data mining-- techniques and tools for data visualization and mining 2002, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- Development of the visual system / T. Rowan Candy -- Visual acuity in the young child / Robert H. Duckman -- Contrast sensitivity function / Karl Citek -- Refractive error / David E. FitzGerald -- Development of eye movements in infants / Jordan R. Pola -- Development of accommodation in human infants / Mark Rosenfield -- Development of binocular vision / Robert H. Duckman and Jojo W. Du -- Development of color vision in infants / Israel Abramov and James Gordon -- The pediatric case history / Robert H. Duckman and Jessica Yang -- Infant, toddler, and children's visual acuity--practical aspects / Robert H. Duckman -- Assessment of ocular health / Shoshana Bell-Craig and Robert H. Duckman -- Abnormalities of the anterior segment / Pamela Hooker -- Abnormalities of the posterior segment / Pamela Hooker -- Quantification of refractive error / Amelia G. Bartolone and Daniella Rutner -- Pediatric and adolescent contact lens correction / David P. Libassi and Ralph E. Gundel -- Evaluation of ocular motor function / Richard London -- Clinical tests of fusion and stereopsis / M.H. Esther Han and Robert H. Duckman -- Evaluation of accommodation / Ida Chung-Lock -- Pediatric color vision testing / Jay M. Cohen -- Prescribing lenses for the pediatric patient / Robert H. Duckman -- Options in strabismus / Valerie M. Kattouf -- Options in amblyopia / Valerie M. Kattouf -- Vision therapy for the very young patient / Carl Gruning, David E. FitzGerald, and Robert H. Duckman -- Development of a normal child / Robert H. Duckman and David A. Maze -- Visual concerns in the child with special needs / Barry Kran, Stacy Lyons, and Melissa Suckow.
- Visual development. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerCh. 1Introduction --Ch. 2Functional organization of the visual system --Pt. IDevelopment of the visual system --Ch. 3Development of visual capabilities --Ch. 4Anatomical development of the visual system --Ch. 5Development of receptive field properties --Pt. IIAmblyopia and the effects of visual deprivation --Ch. 6Modifications to the visual input that lead to nervous system change --Ch. 7Physiological and anatomical changes that result from optical and motor deficits --Ch. 8What is amblyopia? --Ch. 9Critical periods --Pt. IIIMechanisms of plasticity --Ch. 10Concepts of plasticity --Ch. 11Mechanisms of plasticity in the visual cortex --Ch. 12Long-term potentiation and long-term depression as early steps in ocular dominance plasticity --Ch. 13Deprivation myopia and emmetropization --Glossary --Index.
- Section 1. Visual Diagnoses in the Newborn -- Section 2. General Appearance -- Section 3. Head -- Section 4. Eyes -- Section 5. Ears -- Section 6. Nose -- Section 7. Mouth -- Section 8. Neck -- Section 9. Chest -- Section 10. Abdomen -- Section 11. Back -- Section 12. Extremities -- Section 13. Genital and Perineal Region -- Section 14. Perianal Area and Buttocks -- Section 15. Skin.
- Visual diagnosis in pediatrics 2006, OvidGeneral appearance / Evan J. Weiner -- Scalp swellings in newborns / Hans B. Kersten -- Newborn physical findings: facial lesions / Laura E. Smals -- Abnormal head shape / Laura E. Smals -- Hair loss / George A. Datto, III -- White specks in the hair / Hans B. Kersten -- Lumps on the face / Kelly R. Leite and Kathleen Cronan -- Red eye / Parul B. Patel and Steven M. Selbst -- Swelling of/around the eye / English D. Willis and Terri L. Young -- Discoloration of/around the eye / Maryellen E. Gusic and Dean John Bonsall -- Pupil, iris, and lens abnormalities / Renee M. Turchi and Esther K. Chung -- Misalignment of the eyes / Maryellen E. Gusic and Dean John Bonsall -- Abnormalities in ear shape and position / Charles A. Pohl -- Ear swelling / Kathleen Cronan -- Ear pits and tags / Renee M. Turchi and David E. Tunkel -- Ear canal findings / Lee R. Atkinson-McEvoy and Esther K. Chung -- Tympanic membrane abnormalities / Charles A. Pohl -- Nasal bridge swelling / Shoshana Melman -- Nasal swelling, discharge, and crusting / Shareen F. Kelly -- Mouth sores and patches / Robert L. Bonner, Jr -- Focal gum lesions / Nancy D. Spector -- Discoloration of the teeth / Harold V. Salvati -- Oral clefts and other variants / Cynthia Collier Warren and Paul S. Matz -- Tongue discoloration and surface changes / Christopher O'Hara -- Swellings within the mouth / Nancy D. Spector -- Throat redness / Robert L. Bonner, Jr -- Neck masses and swelling / Serena Yang -- Abnormal chest shape / Amy Renwick -- Breast swelling and enlargement / Heather E. Needham and Mariam R. Chacko -- Chest lumps / George A. Datto, III -- Abdominal midline bulge / Aviva L. Katz --Enlarged/distended abdomen / Vani Gopalareddy and Devendra I. Mehta -- Curvature of the back / Shareen F. Kelly -- Midline back pits, skin tags, hair tufts, and other lesions / Paul S. Matz -- Nail abnormalities / Denise W. Metry and Brandi M. Kenner -- Arm displacement / Jeoffrey K. Wolens -- Arm swelling / Teresia O'Connor -- Hand swelling / Serena Yang -- Finger abnormalities / Robert L. Zarr -- Fingertip swelling / Julieana Nichols -- Newborn physical findings: lower extremity abnormalities / Serena Yang -- Leg asymmetry / Jeoffrey K. Wolens -- Leg bowing and knock knees / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Intoeing / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Knee swelling / Julie A. Boom -- Foot deformities / Sujata R. Tipnis -- Foot swelling / Aida Zarina Khanum -- Foot rashes and lumps / Denise W. Metry and Brandi M. Kenner -- Female genitalia, variations / Collette C. Mull -- Penile abnormalities / T. Ernesto Figueroa and Ilia Zeltser -- Penile swelling / T. Ernesto Figueroa and Ilia Zeltser -- Perineal red rashes / Kathleen Cronan -- Perineal sores and lesions / Allan R. De Jong -- Vulvar swelling and masses / Allan R. De Jong -- Scrotal swelling / William R. Graessle -- Perianal and buttock swelling / Michael J. Wilsey, Jr and Karina Irizarry -- Perianal and buttock redness / Robert L. Zarr -- Imperforate anus / Julieana Nichols -- Newborn physical findings: skin abnormalities / Denise A. Salerno -- Facial rashes / Gary A. Emmett -- Diffuse red rashes / Susanne Kost -- Red patches and swellings / Nicholas B. Slamon -- Linear red rashes / Erin Preston -- Focal red bumps / George A. Datto, III -- Raised red rashes / Kathleen Cronan -- Vesicular rashes / Shirley P. Klein -- Nonblanching rashes / William R. Graessle -- Scaly rashes / Esther K. Chung -- Fine, bumpy rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Hypopigmented rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Hyperpigmented rashes / George A. Datto, III -- Bullous rashes / Angela Allevi.
- Visual ergonomics handbook 2005, CRCnetBASEPreface -- Introduction -- 1. Windows to the world / Jeffrey Anshel -- 2. The eyes and visual system / Jeffry Anshel -- 3. Electronic visual displays / Herb Berkwits -- 4. Computer vision syndrome / Jeffry Anshel -- 5. Office lighting for computer use / James E. Sheedy -- Addendum: the case for anti-glare computer filters / Sharon Middendorf -- 6. General ergonomics principles / Carolyn M. Sommerich -- 7. Vision examinations and glasses / Stephen Glasser -- 8. Vision in industrial settings / Bernard R. Blais -- 9. Kids and computers / Alan Hedge -- 10. General eye care tips / t Jeffry Anshel -- 11. Economics of visual ergonomics / Maurice Oxenburgh and Pepe Marlow -- App. A Computer workplace questionnaire -- App. B Seal of acceptance program for computer glare reduction filters as of November 2004 -- App. C Resources for the blind and visually impaired -- App. D Computer access products for blind and visually impaired users -- App. E Additional resources -- Glossary -- Index.
- Visual impairments 2002, NAP
- Visual Perception pt. 1-2., ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. 2) ScienceDirectPt. 1. Fundamentals of vision: low and mid-level processes in perception -- Pt. 2. Fundamentals of awareness: multi-sensory integration and high-order perception.
- Visual prosthesis and ophthalmic devices 2007, Springer1Retinal prosthetic devices: the needs and future potential --2Spatial-, temporal-, and contract-resolutions obtainable with retina implants --3How to restore reading with visual prostheses --4Subretinal artificial silicon retinal microchip implantation with retinitis pigmentosa --5Development of an intraocular retinal prosthesis to benefit the visually impaired --6Development of a visual prosthesis: a review of the field and an overview of the Boston Retinal Implant Project --7The Minimally Invasive Retina Implant Project --8A retinal implant system based on flexible polymer microelectrode array for electrical stimulation --9Electrode architecture: meeting the challenge of the retina-electrode interface --10Circuit designs that model the properties of the outer and inner retina --11Visual cortex and extraocular retinal stimulation with surface electrode arrays --12Glaucoma drainage devices: advances in design and surgical techniques --13The efficacy and safety of glaucoma drainage devices --14Pellucid marginal corneal degeneration --15Artisan toric lens implantation for correction of postkeratoplasty astigmatism --16Phakic intraocular lenses for the treatment of high myopia --17A telescopic prosthetic device for patients with end-stage AMD --18The use of intracorneal ring segments for keratoconus.
- Visual transduction and non-visual light perception 2008, SpringerAn organ of exquisite perfection / George Ayoub -- Development of the Foveal specialization / Keely M. Bumsted O'Brien -- An update on the regulation of rod photoreceptor development / Edward M. Levine and Sabine Fuhrmann -- Photoreceptor-RPE interactions : physiology and molecular mechanisms / Silvia C. Finnemann and Yongen Chang -- Molecular biology of IRBP and its role in the visual cycle / Diane E. Borst, Jeffrey H. Boatright, and John M. Nickerson -- Regulation of photoresponses by phosphorylation / Alecia K. Gross, Qiong Wang, and Theodore G. Wensel -- The cGMP signaling pathway in retinal photoreceptors and the central role of photoreceptor phosphodiesterase (PDE6) / Rick H. Cote -- Rhodopsin structure, function, and involvement in retinitis pigmentosa / Scott Gleim and John Hwa -- Multiple signaling pathways govern calcium homeostasis in photoreceptor inner segments / Tamas Szikra and David Krizaj -- The transduction channels of rod and cone photoreceptors / Dimitri Tränkner -- Rhodopsins in Drosophila color vision / David Jukam, Preet Lidder, and Claude Desplan -- INAD signaling complex of Drosophila photoreceptors / Armin Huber and Nina E. Meyer -- Visual signal processing in the inner retina / Botir T. Sagdullaev, Tomomi Ichinose, Erika D. Eggers, and Peter D. Lukasiewicz -- Human clone spectral sensitivities and color vision deficiencies / Andrew Stockman and Lindsay T. Sharpe -- Luminous efficiency functions / Lindsay T. Sharpe and Andrew Stockman -- Cone pigments and vision in the mouse / Gerald H. Jacobs -- Multifocal oscillatory potentials of the human retina / Anne Kurtenbach and Herbert Jägle -- The aging of the retina / Caren Bellmann and José A. Sahel -- Aging of the retinal pigment epithelium / Michael E. Boulton -- Visual transduction and age-related changes in lipofuscin / Małgorzata Różanowski and Bartosz Różanowski -- A nonspecific system provides nonphotic information for the biological clock / Marian H. Lewandowski -- The circadian clock : physiology, genes, and disease / Michael C. Antle.
- Visualization and processing of tensor fields 2006, Springer
- Visualization in medicine and life sciences 2008, Springer
- Visualizing data SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Provides information on the methods of visualizing data on the Web, along with example projects and code.
- Visualizing immunity 2009, SpringerTwo-photon imaging of the immune system: a custom technology platform for high-speed, multicolor tissue imaging of immune responses / Andrew Bullen, Rachel S. Friedman, and Matthew F. Krummel -- Visualizing intermolecular interactions in T cells / Nicholas R.J. Gascoigne ... [et al.] -- Multiscale analysis of T cell activation: correlating in vitro and in vivo analysis of the immunological synapse / Michael L. Dustin -- T cell migration dynamics within lymph nodes during steady state: an overview of extracellular and intracellular factors influencing the basal intranodal T cell motility / Tim Worbs and Reinhold Forster -- Chemoattractant receptor signaling and its role in lymphocyte motility and trafficking / John H. Kehrl, Il-Young Hwang, and Chung Park -- New insights into leukocyte recruitment by intravital microscopy / Alexander Zarbock and Klaus Ley -- Visualizing the molecular and cellular events underlying the initiation of B-cell activation / Naomi E. Harwood and Facundo D. Batista -- Tracking the dynamics of Salmonella specific T cell responses / James J. Moon and Stephen J. McSorley -- Imaging Listeria monocytogenes infection in vivo / Vjollca Konjufca and Mark J. Miller -- Inflammation on the mind: visualizing immunity in the central nervous system / Silvia S. Kang and Dorian B. McGavern -- Multiphoton imaging of cytotoxic T lymphocyte-mediated antitumor immune responses / Alexandre Boissonnas ... [et al.].
- Visualizing statistical models and concepts 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Vital and health statistics Fulltext
- Vital dyes in vitreoretinal surgery 2008, KargerA vitrectomy is done, when the vitreous is gone! : a tribute to prof. Peter Kroll / C.H. Meyer -- To see the invisible : the quest of imaging vitreous / J. Sebag -- Historical aspects and evolution of the application of vital dyes in vitreoretinal surgery and chromovitrectomy / E.B. Rodrigues ... [et al.] -- Three simple approaches to visualize the transparent vitreous cortex during vitreoretinal surgery / J.C. Schmidt ... [et al.] -- Safety parameters for indocyanine green in vitreoretinal surgery / S. Grisanti ... [et al.] -- Toxicity of indocyanine green in vitreoretinal surgery / A. Gandorfer, C. Haritoglou, A. Kampik -- Biomechanical changes of the internal limiting membrane after indocyanine green staining / G. Wollensak --Current concepts of trypan blue in chromovitrectomy / M.E. Farah ... [et al.] -- Trityl dyes patent blue V and brilliant blue G : clinical relevance and in vitro analysis of the function of the outer blood-retinal barrier / S. Mennel ... [et al.] -- Brilliant blue in vitreoretinal surgery / H. Enaida, T. Ishibashi -- Vital staining and retinal detachment surgery / T.L. Jackson -- An experimental approach towards novel dyes for intraocular surgery / C. Haritoglou ... [et al.] -- Experimental evaluation of microplasmin : an alternative to vital dyes / A. Gandorfer.
- Vital forces 2000, ScienceDirectRevolution in chemistry has come to pass -- Maze of organic chemistry -- Singular inward laboratory -- Catalytic force -- Building stones of protoplasm -- Chemical and geometrical phenomena of heredity -- Megachemistry of the future -- Giant molecules of the living cell -- Chemical basis of genetics -- Hereditary code-script -- Ubiquitous spiral -- Our thread of ariadne -- Nature is blind and reads braille.
- Vitamin A story 2012, KargerVitamin A deficiency in nineteenth century naval medicine -- Paris in the time of Francois Magendie -- Deprivation provides a laboratory -- Free but not equal -- The long, rocky road to understanding vitamins -- Milk, butter, and early steps in human trials -- Rise of the 'anti-infective vitamin' -- Vitamin A deficiency in Europe's former colonies -- Saving the children : rescue missions against strong undertow -- Night blindness among Black troops and White troops in the U.S. Civil War.
- Vitamin analysis for the health and food sciences. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEVitamin A and carotenoids -- Vitamin D -- Vitamin E: tocopherols and tocotrienols -- Vitamin K -- Ascorbic acid: vitamin C -- Thiamin -- Riboflavin -- Niacin -- Vitamin B6 -- Folate and Folic acid -- Vitamin B12 -- Biotin -- Pantothenic acid -- Multi-analyte methods for analysis of the fat- and water-soluble vitamins.
- Vitamin D analogs in cancer prevention and therapy Lane Catalog record
- Vitamin D and cancer 2011, Springer
- Vitamin D and rickets 2003, Karger
- Vitamin D and the lung 2012, SpringerPart 1.Introduction --Vitamin D Deficiency: Historical Perspectives /Kumaravel Rajakumar and Michael F. Holick --Perspective: Evolution of Human Skin Color: How Low Levels of Vitamin D Drove Natural Selection /Scott T. Weiss --Part 2.Vitamin D Mechanisms of Relevance to Lung Diseases --Vitamin D and Lung Development in Early Life /Virender K. Rehan and John S. Torday --Vitamin D and the Innate Immune Response /Aria Vazirnia and Philip T. Liu --Vitamin D and Regulatory T Cells /Zoë Urry, Sarah Dimeloe and Catherine M. Hawrylowicz --Dendritic Cell Modulation by the Vitamin D System /Luciano Adorini, Gilles Laverny and Giuseppe Penna --Vitamin D Modulates Airway Smooth Muscle Function /Audreesh Banerjee and Reynold A. Panettieri Jr. --Vitamin D: Genetics and Genomic Effects /Kelan G. Tantisira --Part 3.Disease Associations --Acute Respiratory Infections /Jonathan M. Mansbach and Carlos A. Camargo Jr. --The Role of Vitamin D in the Development, Exacerbation, and Severity of Asthma and Allergic Diseases /Augusto A. Litonjua --Vitamin D and Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease /Wim Janssens, An Lehouck, Marc Decramer and Ghislaine Gayan-Ramirez --Cystic Fibrosis /Helen M. Buntain and Anne B. Chang --Tuberculosis /Adrian R. Martineau --Lung Cancer /David C. Christiani and C. Matthew Kinsey.
- Vitamin D handbook 2008I. Dictionary -- Structures, chemical names, synonyms and properties -- II. Indexes -- CAS Registry Numbers -- NLM PubChem Chemical Identification Numbers -- Names and synonyms.
- Vitamin D. 2nd ed. 2010, Springer
- Vitamin D. 2nd ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Vitamin D. 3rd ed. v. 1-2, 2011.Vitamin D, a steroid hormone, has primarily been known for its effects on bone and osteoporosis. Current therapeutic practices have expanded into such fields as cancer research, pediatrics, nephrology, dermatology, immunology, and genetics. This edition covers Vitamin D's chemistry, metabolism, mechanisms of action, diagnosis and management, new analogs, and emerging therapies.
- Vitamin E 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Vitamin K in health and disease 2009, CRCnetBASEHistorical background -- Active forms, antagonists, physical properties, and synthesis of vitamin K -- Dietary intake of vitamin K and the vitamin K content of foods and plasma -- The vitamin K-dependent carboxylase and vitamin K epoxide reductase -- Vitamin K-dependent proteins -- Absorption, storage, and metabolism of vitamin K -- Public health concerns related to vitamin K status -- Vitamin K requirements, toxicity, and other metabolic interactions.
- Vitamins 2004
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part D ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part E ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part F ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part G ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part H ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part I ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part J ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part K ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. Part L ScienceDirect
- Vitamins and coenzymes. [Part A-C] ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. C) ScienceDirect
- Vitamins in foods 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Vitreo-retinal surgery 2009, SpringerCh. 1historical overview of microincision surgery --Ch. 225-gauge instrumentation: engineering challenges and tradeoffs --Ch. 325-gauge, sutureless, trans-conjunctival vitrectomy --Ch. 4Transconjunctival 23-gauge vitrectomy --Ch. 523-gauge one-step instrumentation --Ch. 6Small gauge vitrectomy: anesthesia, incision technique and cannula removal --Ch. 7Comparison of 25-gauge Trocar/cannula wound healing and remodeling with in vivo vitrector flow analysis --Ch. 825-gauge vitreous surgery: getting started --Ch. 925-gauge macular surgery: principles and instrumentations --Ch. 1025-gauge sutureless vitrectomy for diabetic retinopathy --Ch. 11Small-gauge vitrectomy for retinal detachment --Ch. 12Perfluorocarbon-perfused 25-gauge vitrectomy --Ch. 13Primary 25-gauge vitrectomy with topical anesthesia for persistent vitreous floaters --Ch. 1425-gauge vitrectomy in infectious endophthalmitis --Ch. 1525-gauge transconjunctival sutureless vitrectomy for vitreous and retinal/choroidal biopsy --Ch. 16Uveal biopsy with 25-gauge vitrector: work in progress --Ch. 17The use of 25-gauge vitrectomy systems in the management of trauma --Ch. 18Small-gauge approach in pediatric vitreoretinal surgery --Ch. 19Combined phaco/25-gauge vitrectomy --Ch. 20Complications of 25-gauge vitrectomy --Ch. 21A comparison of 20- vs 25-gauge vitrectomy: does size matter? --Ch. 2220-gauge sutureless vitrectomy Trocar system --Ch. 2320-gauge non-cannulated sutureless vitrectomy --Ch. 24Small-gauge vitrectomy: which calliper [caliper] should we choose and when? --Ch. 25Current clinical data and future (for small-gauge vitreoretinal surgery) --Ch. 26Pearls from experts.
- Vitreoretinal surgery 2008, SpringerAnatomy and clinical examination of the eye -- Introduction to vitreoretinal surgery -- Posterior vitreous detachment -- Vitreous hemorrhage -- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment -- Special rhegmatogenous retinal detachments -- Proliferative vitreoretinopathy -- Macular disorders -- Diabetic retinopathy and other vascular disorders -- Trauma -- Complications of anterior segment surgery -- Uveitis and allied disorders -- Miscellaneous conditions.
- Vitreous microsurgery. 4th ed. 2007, Ovid1Presurgical evaluation and decision making --2Surgical systems and tools, anesthesia, and operating room organizations --3Vitrectomy techniques and technology for anterior segment problems --4General posterior segment techniques --525-gauge, sutureless, transconjunctival vitrectomy --6Diabetic retinopathy --7Prophylaxis of retinal breaks and scleral buckling --8Vitrectomy for retinal detachment --9Proliferative vitreoretinopathy --10Giant breaks --11Pneumatic retinopexy and office fluid-air-gas exchange --12Epimacular membranes --13Macular holes --14Submacular surgery and macular translocation --15Nonsurgical treatment of subfoveal choroidal neovascular membranes --16Intravitreal corticosteroids --17Venous occlusive disease --18Trauma --19Endophthalmitis --20Pediatric traction retinal detachments --21Pediatric traction retinal detachments --22Inadvertent penetration of the eye --23Management of suprachoroidal hemorrhage --24Complications of vitreoretinal surgery --25Surgical self-education.
- Vitreous microsurgery. 5th ed. 2011, Ovid"Written by a pioneering leader in the development of vitreoretinal surgical techniques and instruments, Vitreous Microsurgery is a comprehensive how-to guide to all vitreoretinal procedures. This thoroughly updated Fifth Edition describes many new techniques and refinements of established procedures and includes new chapters and new illustrations. More than 170 three-dimensional full-color illustrations--many by the Charles Retina Institute's resident medical artist, Byron Wood--enable surgeons to clearly visualize the techniques. The focus of the text is on the decision making process a surgeon goes through in evaluating the best course of treatment for his/her patient undergoing vitreous surgery. The book describes in detail clinically proven methods of managing the anterior and posterior segment vitreous surgery patient in a systematic manner. The text is organized in a building block approach with general methodology preceding its application to specific disease states. The book stresses algorithms for intra-operative decision making, relying on knowledge of physical principles and performed in the order of ascending risk. A companion website included with purchase offers the fully searchable text and an online image bank"--Provided by publisher.
- Vocal fold paralysis 2006, Springer
- Vocational rehabilitation 2006, Springer
- Vogel and Motulsky's Human genetics. 4th completely rev. ed. 2010, Springer
- Voice of breast cancer in medicine and bioethics 2006, SpringerNegotiating personal and political settlements with breast cancer: women finding their own ways to live with human contingency / Rosemarie Tong -- Personalizing the political: negotiating the feminist, medical, scientific and commercial discourses surrounding breast cancer / Susan Sherwin -- Power, gender, and pizzazz: the early years of breast cancer activism / Barron Lerner -- Breast cancer: dueling discourses and the persistence of an outmoded paradigm / Gwynne Gertz -- Doing things with ideas and affects in the illness narratives of Susan Sontag and Eve Kosofsky Sedgwick / Lisa Diedrich -- The breast cancer diaries / Anita Ho -- Breast cancer: the maternal body reflected in a three-way mirror / Debra Gold -- Learn to love what's left: poems on breast cancer / Leatha Kendrick -- Death and the other: rethinking authenticity / Gail Weiss -- Breast cancer research: a political cause and paradigm for scientific inquiry / John S. Kovach -- Clinical trials for breast cancer and informed consent: how women helped make research a cooperative venture / Loretta M. Kopelman -- The role of psychosocial research in understanding and improving the experience of breast cancer and breast cancer risk / Anne Moyer and Marci Lobel -- Teaching about breast cancer and "common health" / Helen Rodnite Lemay -- Theoretical considerations on "reading" the breast / Tanfer Emin-Tunc -- Recent developments in breast cancer research / Sofya Maslyanskaya.
- Voltage-gated calcium channels 2005, Springer
- Vortex formation in the cardiovascular system 2012, Springer
- Vulva 2006
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty