- Dahlin's Bone tumors. 6th ed. ..........
- — Development and application of biomar...
- Development and causality ..............
- — Dietary supplements of plant origin ....
- Differences in death rates among Cali...
- — Dose finding by the continual reasses...
- Dose finding in drug development .......
- — Dystonia 4 .............................
- Introduction and scope of study -- Osteochondroma (osteocartilaginous exostosis) -- Chondroma -- Benign chondroblastoma -- Chondromyxoid fibroma -- Chondrosarcoma (primary, secondary, dedifferentiated, and clear cell) -- Mesenchymal chondrosarcoma -- Osteoma -- Osteoid osteoma -- Osteoblastoma (giant osteoid osteoma) -- Osteosarcoma -- Parosteal osteosarcoma (juxtacortical osteosarcoma) -- Fibrosarcoma and desmoplastic fibroma -- Benign fibrous histiocytoma -- Malignant fibrous histiocytoma -- Myeloma -- Malignant lymphoma of bone -- Ewing tumor -- Giant cell tumor (osteoclastoma) -- Malignancy in giant cell tumor of bone -- Chordoma -- Benign vascular tumors -- Angiosarcoma and hemangiopericytoma -- Adamantinoma of long bones -- Miscellaneous unusual tumors of bone -- Conditions that commonly simulate primary neoplasms of bone -- Odontogenic and related tumors.
- Dail and Hammar's Pulmonary pathology. 3rd ed. 2008, Springerv. II Springerv. 1. Nonneoplastic lung disease -- v. 2. Neoplastic lung disease.
- Daily and nocturnal hemodialysis 2004, KargerThe history and rationale of daily and nightly hemodialysis / Blagg, C.R. ... [et al.] -- Requirements of an in-center daily hemodialysis program / Ting, G.O., White, S., Lindsay, R. -- Technical requirements of a home hemodialysis program / Morgan, D., Schlaeper, C., Lockridge, R.S. -- Patient recruitment and selection / Ting, G.O., Leitch, R.E., Ouwendyk, M. -- Patient training and education / Leitch, R., Ouwendyk, M. -- Vascular access / Leitch, R.E., Ouwendyk, M., Lindsay, R.M. -- Cardiovascular risk factor modification with quotidian hemodialysis / Nesrallah, G.E., Chan, C.T., Buoncristiani, U. -- Calcium and phosphorus control / Lindsay, R.M., Pierratos, A., Lockridge, R.S.Management of anemia / Rao, M., Muirhead, N., Buoncristiani, U. -- Dialysis prescription and dose monitoring in frequent hemodialysis / Suri, R.S., Depner, T., Lindsay, R.M. -- Nutrition / Spanner, E., Lindsay, R.M. -- Quality of life / Heidenheim, A.P., Kooistra, M.P., Lindsay, R.M. -- A business model approach to quotidian hemodialysis / Kroeker, A.D., McFarlane, P., Mohr, P. -- Patient testimonials--"back in the land of the living"--as told by quotidian hemodialysis patients / Lindsay, R.M.
- Dairy science and technology. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Damage control management in the polytrauma patient. 1st ed. 2010, Springer
- Prenatal care / Vern L. Katz -- Normal labor, delivery, newborn care, and puerperium / Kirsten J. Lund and James McManaman -- Obstetric analgesia and anesthesia / Joy L. Hawkins -- Early pregnancy loss / T. Flint Porter, D. Ware Branch, and James R. Scott -- Ectopic pregnancy / Beata E. Seeber and Kurt T. Barnhart -- Genetics in obstetrics and gynecology / Kenneth Ward -- Prenatal diagnosis / Lorraine Dugoff -- Drugs in pregnancy / Jerome Yankowitz -- Ultrasound in obstetrics / Santosh Pandipati and John C. Hobbins -- Assessment of fetal well-being / Catherine Y. Spong -- Preterm labor and post-term delivery / J. Chris Carey and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Premature rupture of the membranes / Ronald S. Gibbs -- Intrauterine growth restriction / Bronwen F. Kahn, John C. Hobbins, and Henry L. Galan -- Multiple gestation / Roger B. Newman and Charles Rittenberg -- Diabetes mellitus and pregnancy / E. Albert Reece and Carol J. Homko -- Hypertensive disorders of pregnancy / Mounira Habli and Baha M. Sibai -- Medical and surgical complications of pregnancy / Deborah Krakow -- Immunologic disorders in pregnancy / D. Ware Branch, Robert M. Silver, and Kjersti Aagaard-Tillery -- Obstetric and perinatal infections / Jill K. Davies and Ronald S. Gibbs -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Howard Minkoff -- Placenta previa and abruption / Helen H. Kay -- Breech, other malpresentations, and umbilical cord complications / Timothy E. Klatt and Dwight P. Cruikshank -- Stillbirth and intrauterine fetal demise / Robert M. Silver -- Complications of labor / Donald J. Dudley -- Complications of delivery / Larry C. Gilstrap and Edward R. Yeomans -- Operative vaginal delivery / James A. Bofill and James N. Martin, Jr. -- Cesarean delivery / James R. Scott and T. Flint Porter -- Psychologic disorders of pregnancy and the postpartum period / Michael W. O'Hara and Lisa S. Segre -- Office gynecology and surgical procedures / Marian D. Damewood, William R. Keye, Jr., and Charles C. Coddington III -- Gynecologic ultrasound / Mika Thomas and Bradley J. Van Voorhis -- Pediatric and adolescent gynecology / Ann J. Davis -- Contraception / Lisa Memmel and Melissa Gilliam -- Induced abortion / Sabrina Holmquist and Melissa Gilliam -- Pelvic and sexually transmitted infections / David A. Eschenbach --Benign vulvovaginal disorders / Lori A. Boardman and Colleen M. Kennedy -- Amenorrhea / David P. Cohen -- Abnormal uterine bleeding / Steven R. Goldstein -- Premenstrual syndrome / Robert L. Reid -- Androgen excess disorders / Richard S. Legro and Ricardo Azziz -- Infertility / Kristen P. Wright and Julia V. Johnson -- Endometriosis / Robert S. Schenken -- Menopause / Marcelle I. Cedars and Michele Evans -- Women's sexuality and sexual dysfunction / Rosemary Basson -- Chronic pelvic pain / Howard T. Sharp -- Perioperative evaluation / Jeff Peipert and Sarah Hammil -- Laparoscopic surgery / Joseph S. Sanfilippo and Lisa M. Roberts -- Hysteroscopic surgery / R. Stanford Williams -- Epidemiology, pathophysiology, and evaluation of pelvic organ support / John O. L. DeLancey -- Operative management of pelvic organ prolapse / Kris Strohbehn and Holly E. Richter -- Nonsurgical treatment of pelvic organ prolapse / Ingrid D. Nygaard -- Female urinary incontinence: epidemiology and evaluation / Peggy A. Norton --Operative management of urinary incontinence / Charles W. Nager and Amy R. Kane -- Nonsurgical management of urinary incontinence and overactive bladder / Baharak Amir and Alfred E. Bent -- Fecal incontinence and defecation disorders / Dee E. Fenner and Catherine Ann Matthews -- Leiomyomata / Arthur F. Haney -- Disorders of the breast / Mary L. Gemignani -- Vulvar and vaginal cancer / Natalie S. Gould and Joan L. Walker -- Cervical cancer / Robert L. Giuntoli II and Robert E. Bristow -- Human papillomavirus and the management of the abnormal pap test / Christine H. Holschneider -- Uterine cancer / David G. Mutch -- Ovarian and tubal cancers / Ilana Cass and Beth Y. Karlan -- Management of the adnexal mass / Susan A. Davidson -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasms / Andrew John Li -- The special approach to solving the profession's liability crisis, improving patient safety, and preventing medical errors / Louis Weinstein and Jason K. Baxter -- Appendix: Evidence-based approach to obstetrics and gynecology / Ronald S. Gibbs.
- Book I--On the origin of the species - Book II--Voyage of the Beagle - Book III--The descent of man - Book IV--The expression of the emotions in man and animals.
- Daschner guide to in-hospital antibiotic therapy 2009, Springer
- Daschner guide to in-hospital antibiotic therapy. 2nd ed. 2012, Springer
- Data acquisition toolbox 2 : user's guide SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Data Acquisition Toolbox for use with MATLAB. Version 2. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Data analysis and graphics using R. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Data analysis of asymmetric structures 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Data analysis tools for DNA microarrays 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Data and safety monitoring committees in clinical trials 2009, CRCnetBASEIntroduction -- Organization of a safety monitoring program for a confirmatory trial -- Meetings -- Clinical issues -- Statistical issues -- Bias and pitfalls -- Data monitoring committee decisions -- Emerging issues.
- Data clustering SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Data manipulation with R 2008, Springer
- Data mining and knowledge discovery handbook 2005, books24x7, SUNet ID login required. Use Search. Direct Link not yet available
- Data mining in bioinformatics Springer
- Data mining in biomedical imaging, signaling, and systems 2011, CRCnetBASE"Data mining has rapidly emerged as an enabling, robust, and scalable technique to analyze data for novel patterns, trends, anomalies, structures, and features that can be employed for a variety of biomedical and clinical domains. Approaching the techniques and challenges of image mining from a multidisciplinary perspective, this book presents data mining techniques, methodologies, algorithms, and strategies to analyze biomedical signals and images. Written by experts, the text addresses data mining paradigms for the development of biomedical systems. It also includes special coverage of knowledge discovery in mammograms and emphasizes both the diagnostic and therapeutic fields of eye imaging"--Provided by publisher.
- Data mining in proteomics 2011, Springer ProtocolsInstruments and methods in proteomics -- In-depth protein characterization by mass spectrometry -- Analysis of phosphoproteomics data -- The origin and early reception of sequence databases -- Laboratory data and sample management for proteomics -- PRIDE and "Database on demand" As valuable tools for computational proteomics -- Analysing proteomics identifications in the context of functional and structural protein annotation: Integrating annotation using PICR, DAS, and BioMart -- Tranche distributed repository and proteomecommons.Org -- Data standardization by the HUPO-PSI: How has the community benefitted? -- mzIdentML: An open community-built standard format for the results of proteomics spectrum identification algorithms -- Spectra, chromatograms, metadata: mzML-the standard data format for mass spectrometer output -- imzML: Imaging mass spectrometry markup language: A common data format for mass spectrometry imaging -- Tandem mass spectrometry spectral libraries and library searching -- Inter-lab proteomics: Data mining in collaborative projects on the basis of the HUPO brain proteome project's pilot studies -- Data management and data integration in the HUPO plasma proteome project -- Statistics in experimental design, preprocessing, and analysis of proteomics data -- The evolution of protein interaction networks -- Cytoscape: Software for visualization and analysis of biological networks -- Text mining for systems modeling -- Identification of alternatively spliced transcripts using a proteomic informatics approach -- Distributions of ion series in ETD and CID spectra: Making a comparison -- Evaluation of peak-picking algorithms for protein mass spectrometry -- OpenMS and TOPP: Open source software for LC-MS data analysis -- LC/MS data processing for label-free quantitative analysis -- Spectral properties of correlation matrices - towards enhanced spectral clustering -- Standards, databases, and modeling tools in systems biology -- Modeling of cellular processes: Methods, data, and requirements.
- Data mining methods and models SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Dimension reduction methods -- Regression modeling -- Multiple regression and model building -- Logistic regression -- Naïve Bayes estimation and Bayesian networks -- Genetic algorithms -- Case study : modeling response to direct mail marketing.
- Data mining the Web SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Data mining with R 2011, CRCnetBASE"This hands-on book uses practical examples to illustrate the power of R and data mining. Assuming no prior knowledge of R or data mining/statistical techniques, it covers a diverse set of problems that pose different challenges in terms of size, type of data, goals of analysis, and analytical tools. The main data mining processes and techniques are presented through detailed, real-world case studies. With these case studies, the author supplies all necessary steps, code, and data. Mirroring the do-it-yourself approach of the text, the supporting website provides data sets and R code" -- Provided by publisher.
- Data mining with Rattle and R 2011, SpringerPart 1. Explorations -- Introduction -- Getting Started -- Working with Data -- Loading Data -- Exploring Data -- Interactive Graphics -- Transforming Data -- Part 2. Building Models -- Descriptive and Predictive Analytics -- Cluster Analysis -- Association Analysis -- Decision Trees -- Random Forests -- Boosting -- Support Vector Machines -- Part 3. Delivering Performance -- Model Performance Evaluation -- Deployment -- Part 4. Appendices -- Installing Rattle -- Sample Datasets.
- Data mining. 3rd ed. / 2011, ScienceDirectPart I. Machine Learning Tools and Techniques: 1. What's iIt all about?; 2. Input: concepts, instances, and attributes; 3. Output: knowledge representation; 4. Algorithms: the basic methods; 5. Credibility: evaluating what's been learned -- Part II. Advanced Data Mining: 6. Implementations: real machine learning schemes; 7. Data transformation; 8. Ensemble learning; 9. Moving on: applications and beyond -- Part III. The Weka Data MiningWorkbench: 10. Introduction to Weka; 11. The explorer -- 12. The knowledge flow interface; 13. The experimenter; 14 The command-line interface; 15. Embedded machine learning; 16. Writing new learning schemes; 17. Tutorial exercises for the weka explorer.
- Data preparation for analytics using SAS 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.Pt. 1. Data preparation: business point of view -- ch. 1. Analytic business questions -- Ch. 2. Characteristics of analytic business questions -- Ch. 3. Characteristics of data sources -- Ch. 4. Different points of view on analytic data preparation -- Pt. 2. Data structures and data modeling -- Ch. 5. The origin of data -- Ch. 6. Data models -- Ch. 7. Analysis subjects and multiple observations -- Ch. 8. The one row-per-subject data mart -- Ch. 9. The multiple-rows-per-subject data mart -- Ch. 10. Data structures for longitudinal analysis -- Ch. 11. Considerations for data marts -- Ch. 11. Considerations for predictive modeling -- Pt. 3. Data mart coding and content -- Ch. 13. Accessing data -- Ch. 14. Transposing one- and multiple-rows-per-subject data structures -- Ch. 15. Transposing longitudinal data -- Ch. 16. Transformations of interval-scaled variables -- Ch. 17. Transformations of categorical variables -- Ch. 18. Multiple interval-scaled observations per subject -- Ch. 19. Multiple catagorical observations per subject -- Ch. 20. Coding for predictive modeling -- Ch. 21. Data preparation for multiple-rows-per-subject and longitudinal data marts -- Pt. 4. Sampling, scoring, and automation -- Ch. 22. Sampling -- Ch. 23. Scoring and automation -- Ch 24. Do's and don'ts when building data marts -- Pt. 5. Case studies.
- SU Catalog (SearchWorks) Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Data quality 2003, ScienceDirectThe data quality problem -- Definition of accurate data -- Sources of inaccurate data -- Data quality assurance -- Data quality issues management -- The business case for accurate data -- Column property analysis -- Structure analysis -- Simple data rule analysis -- Complex data rule analysis -- Value rule analysis.
- Database book. 2nd ed. 2011, books24x7
- Database design and development 2003, Wiley
- Database Toolbox 3. Version 3.4. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Database Toolbox for use with MATLAB. Version 3. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Dating neurological injury 2011, SpringerThe structure of the normal brain and its imaging appearance -- The general appearance of edema and hemorrhage on CT, MR and US (including a general introduction to CT, MR and US scanning) -- The basics of contrast and its role in dating -- How the imaging appearance of edema and hemorrhage change over time on CT, MR, and US: dynamic (acute) dating -- Patterns of parenchymal injury: pattern (chronic) dating -- Principles of dynamic dating in the medical legal setting -- Principles of pattern dating in the medical legal setting -- Therefore, what can be said based on the images, and what can't be said based on the images -- The root causes of uncertainty in dating neurologic events based on imaging findings.
- Good medical practice -- Good prescribing -- Molecular mechanisms of disease -- Immunological factors in disease -- Environmental and nutritional factors in disease -- Principles of infectious disease -- Ageing and disease -- Critical care and emergency medicine -- Poisoning -- Medical psychiatry -- Oncology -- Palliative care and pain management -- Infectious diseases -- Human immunodeficiency virus infection and the human acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Sexually transmitted infections -- Clinical biochemistry and metabolism -- Kidney and urinary tract disease -- Cardiovascular disease -- Respiratory disease -- Endocrine disease -- Diabetes mellitus -- Alimentary tract and pancreatic disease -- Liver and biliary tract disease -- Blood disorders -- Musculoskeletal disorders -- Neurological disease -- Skin disease -- Appendix.
- Dawn and evolution of cardiac procedures 2013, SpringerPart 1.Research on Cardiac Surgery and Right Cardiac Catheterization before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass --1.The Discovery of Blood Circulation /Yves Glock --2.The History of Surgical Research /Marco Picichè --3.The Ignored Birth of Cardiac Surgery: The History of the Surgical Treatment of Heart Wounds and Pericardial Effusions /Vladimir Saplacan, Fabio Cuttone and Massimo Massetti --4.The History of Pulmonary Embolectomy Before the Advent of CPB /Marco Vola and Jean-Francois Fuzellier --5.Right Cardiac Catheterization Before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Achille Gaspardone and Giulio G. Stefanini --6.The History of Mitral and Tricuspid Valve Surgery Before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Luigi Chiariello, Paolo Nardi and Giovanni Alfonso Chiariello --7.Surgery of the Aortic Valve Before the Era of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Y. Glock --8.The History of Myocardial Revascularization Before the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Marco Picichè --9.The History of Experimental Heterotopic and Orthotopic Heart Transplantation Before Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Tyson A. Fricke and Igor E. Konstantinov --10.The History of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Before the Introduction of Extracorporeal Circulation /Alessandro Frigiola --Part 2.Research on the Cardiopulmonary Bypass Machine --11.On the Path to Cardiopulmonary Bypass: From Le Gallois' Experiments to Brukhonenko's Machine /Matthew S. Yong, Stephen B. Horton and Igor E. Konstantinov --12.Research on Cardiopulmonary Bypass in North America /Manon Caouette --13.From Research on Hibernation and Hypothermia to Recent Advances in Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Isabelle Plamondon and Edoardo Gasparotto --14.Cardiac Anaesthesia /Fabio Guarracino and Rubia Baldassarri -- Part 3.Research on Interventional Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery after the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass --15.The History of Research on Coronary Angiography and Coronary Angioplasty /Luigi La Vecchia --16.Right Cardiac Catheterization After the Advent of Cpb /Achille Gaspardone and Giuilo G. Stefanini --17.The History of Research on Coronary Stenting /Fabrizio Tomai and Leonardo De Luca --18.The History of Percutaneous Valvuloplasty /Alessandro Fontanelli --19.Percutaneous Closure of Atrial and Ventricular Septal Defects /Achille Gaspardone and Giulio G. Stefanini --20.Evolution of Homografts and Prosthetic Heart Valves /Marco Picichè --21.The History of Research on Mitral, Tricuspid, and Aortic Valve Repair After the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Ruggero De Paulis, Andrea Salica, Raffaele Scaffa and Luca Weltert --22.History of Research on Myocardial Protection /Victor S. Costache, Cristian Martu, Nicolas Chavanis, Jean Philippe Frieh and Serban Stoica --23.Supra-Diaphragmatic Aortic Surgery: Evolution of Material, Techniques and Brain Protection /François Dagenais --24.Surgical Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation /Gino Gerosa, Carlo Dal Lin and Vincenzo Tarzia --25.Catheter Ablation of Atrial Fibrillation /Alessio Marinelli and Domenico Corrado --26.The History of Cardiac Pacemakers and Defibrillators /Serge Boveda, Stéphane Garrigue and Philippe Ritter --27.The History of Surgery for Ischemic Heart Disease and Mechanical Complications of Myocardial Infarction After the Advent of CPB /Roland G. Demaria and Mohammed Al Yamani --28.Progress and Milestones in the Treatment of Deep Sternal Wound Infections /Richard Baillot and Daniel Cloutier --29.Engineering for IABP and ECMO /Roberto Lorusso, Attilio Renzulli and Sandro Gelsomino --30.The History of Research on Ventricular Assist Devices and Total Artificial Heart /Luc M. Jacquet --31.The History of Research on Adult and Paediatric Heart Transplantation /Johann U. Brink and Yves d'Udekem --32.The History of Pediatric Cardiac Surgery After the Advent of Cardiopulmonary Bypass /Jean E. Rubay --33.Minimally Invasive and Robotic Cardiac Surgery /Loris Salvador --34.The History of Research on Percutaneous, Transapical, and Sutureless Aortic Valve Replacement /Thierry Aymard and Thierry Carrel. --35.Erratum to: The History of Research on Percutaneous, Transapical, and Sutureless Aortic Valve Replacement /Thierry Aymard and Thierry Carrel.
- Dazzle 'em with style. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectPreface --Introduction --1.Preparing a scientific presentation --2.The structure of a scientific presentation --3.Visual displays: how to (and not to) use them --4.Delivery --App.A Checklist for presentations --App. BEvaluation form.
- DC servos 2011, CRCnetBASE
- DDT in indoor residual spraying 2011, WHOPart A. Report of WHO expert consultation on DDT rish characterization -- 1. Introduction -- 2. Consensus statement -- Part B. Hazard and exposure assessments -- 1. Summary and conclusions -- 2. Chemical identity -- 3. Exposure sources and metrics -- 4. Kinetics and metabolism -- 5. Hepatic effects and enzyme induction -- 6. Neurotoxicity -- 7. Immunotoxicity -- 8. Carcinogenicity -- 9. Genotoxicity -- 10. Endocrinological and reproductive effects -- 11. Hazard characterization -- 12. Exposure assessment.
- Deadly dermatologic diseases 2007, Springer
- Deafness 2013, SpringerDeafness explores the neuronal consequences of being deaf on the peripheral and the central nervous system as well as on cognition and learning, viewed from the standpoint of genetics, neuroanatomy and neurophysiology, molecular biology, systems neuroscience, and cognitive neuroscience.
- Dealing with statistics SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Why you need to use statistics in your research -- Understanding statistical language -- Linking data collection with analysis -- Presenting data -- Describing data -- Inferring differences and relationships from data -- What next? -- Appendix 1: Asking questions and types of data -- Appendix 2: Useful statistical software -- Appendix 3: An alphabet of statistics.
- Death investigation 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Death receptors and cognate ligands in cancer 2009, SpringerThe role of TNF in cancer / Harald Wajant -- Many checkpoints on the road to cell death: regulation of Fas-FasL interactions and Fas signaling in peripheral immune responses / Madhu Ramaswamy ... [et al.] -- FasL expression and reverse signaling / M. Lettau ... [et al.] -- Impact of TNF-R1 and CD95 internalization on apoptotic and antiapoptotic signaling / Stefan Schütze and Wulf Schneider-Brachert -- Ubiquitination and TNFR1 signaling / Ken-ichi Fujita and Srinivasa M. Srinivasula -- From biochemical principles of apoptosis induction by TRAIL to application in tumour therapy / Stefanie M. Cordier, Kerstin Papenfuss, and Henning Walczak -- Therapeutic targeting of TWEAK/Fn14 in cancer: exploiting the intrinsic tumor cell killing capacity of the pathway / Jennifer S. Michaelson and Linda C. Burkly -- APRIL in B-cell malignancies and autoimmunity / Fiona C. Kimberly, Jan Paul Medema, and Michael Hahne -- Autophagy in cancer and chemotherapy / Shida Yousefi and Hans-Uwe Simon -- Glucocorticoid-mediated apoptosis resistance of solid tumors / Ingrid Herr, Markus W. Büchler, and Jürgen Mattern -- Targeting death-receptors in radiation therapy / Olivier Niemöller and Claus Belka -- Death ligands designed to kill: development and application of targeted cancer therapeutics based on proapoptotic TNF family ligands / Jeannette Gerspach, Harald Wajant, and Klaus Pfizenmaier.
- Death receptors in cancer therapy 2005, Springer
- Death, dying and bereavement 2010, ebraryDeath and Dying in Modern Britain -- Palliative Care Philosophy and Practice -- Hospice Development in the UK -- Spirituality -- Understanding Grief -- Supporting Bereaved People -- Issues for Policy and Practice.
- Death, society, and human experience. 10th ed. SU Catalog, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.As we think about death -- What is death? -- The death system -- Dying -- Hospice and palliative care -- End-of-life issues and decisions -- Suicide -- Violent death : murder, terrorism, genocide, disaster, and accident -- Euthanasia, assisted death, abortion, and the right to die -- Death in the world of childhood -- Bereavement, grief, and mourning -- The funeral process -- Do we survive death? -- How can we help? -- Good life, good death?
- Deciphering growth 2005, Springer
- Decision making 2013, ScienceDirectThis well-established international series examines major areas of basic and clinical research within neuroscience, as well as emerging and promising subfields.This volume explores interdisciplinary research on decision making taking a neural and behavioural approach *Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research *Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered *All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Decision making in radiation oncology. Vol. 1-2 v. 1-2, 2011, Springerv. 2, 2011 Springer
- Decline of therapeutic bloodletting and the collapse of traditional medicine SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Bloodletting and inflammation -- Bloodletting and social norms -- Disease and causes of disease in early nineteenth century medical thought -- The Early nineteenth century conception of quackery -- The Edinburgh bloodletting controversy -- Ignaz Semmelweis and the adoption of etiological concepts of disease -- The Collapse of traditional medicine and the rise of medical science -- The Current crisis in epidemiology.
- Deep brain stimulation 2012, SpringerBasic Principles of Deep Brain Stimulation /F. L. H. Gielen and G. C. Molnar --Neural Circuits Affected by Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders /Suzanne N. Haber and Benjamin D. Greenberg --Mechanisms of Action of Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Psychiatric Disorders /J. Luis Lujan and Cameron C. McIntyre --Deep Brain Stimulation in the Ventral Capsule/Ventral Striatum for the Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: Role of the Bed Nucleus of the Stria Terminalis /Loes Gabriëls and Bart Nuttin --Deep Brain Stimulation in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Targeted at the Nucleus Accumbens /Pelle P. de Koning, Pepijn van den Munckhof, Martijn Figee, Rick Schuurman and Damiaan Denys --What is the Role of the Subthalamic Nucleus in Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder? Elements and Insights from Deep Brain Stimulation Studies /William I. A. Haynes and Luc Mallet --Obsessive-Compulsive Disorders in Animals /Christine Winter --Subcallosal Cingulate Cortex Deep Brain Stimulation for the Treatment of Refractory Mood Disorders: Evidence and Challenges /Peter Giacobbe, Nir Lipsman and Andres M. Lozano --Deep Brain Stimulation of the Human Reward System as a Putative Treatment for Refractory Major Depression /T. E. Schlaepfer, V. A. Coenen and B. H. Bewernick --Depression in Humans: The Ventral Capsule/Ventral Striatum /Mayur Pandya, Andre Machado and Donald Malone --Deep Brain Stimulation in Animal Models of Depression /Brian W. Scott, José N. Nobrega and Clement Hamani --Deep Brain Stimulation in Tourette Syndrome /L. Ackermans, I. Neuner, J. Kuhn and V. Visser-Vandewalle --Surgical Treatments for Drug Addictions in Humans /Bomin Sun and Wei Liu --Manipulating Addictive Behaviour in Animal Models /Rolinka M. C. Schippers, Tommy Pattij and Taco J. De Vries --Neuropsychiatric Side Effects of Deep Brain Stimulation in Parkinson's Disease /Christine Daniels and Jens Volkmann --Psychiatric Aspects of Parkinson's Disease in Animal Models of Deep Brain Stimulation of the Subthalamic Nucleus /S. K. H. Tan, H. Hartung, V. Visser-Vandewalle, T. Sharp and Y. Temel --Scientific Recordings in Deep Brain Stimulation /Michael X. Cohen --Neurotransmitter Release During Deep Brain Stimulation /Osama A. Abulseoud, Emily J. Knight and Kendall H. Lee --The Potential Role of Nonneuronal Cells in the Deep Brain Stimulation Mechanism: What Are Glia? What Are Their Functions? Could They Be Players in Deep Brain Stimulation? /Vinata Vedam-Mai, Michael S. Okun and Elly M. Hol --Animal Studies in Deep Brain Stimulation Research /Matthijs G. P. Feenstra and Damiaan Denys --Neuroimaging Deep Brain Stimulation in Psychiatric Disorders /Martijn Figee, Pepijn van den Munckhof, Rick Schuurman and Damiaan Denys --Optogenetic Strategies for the Treatment of Neuropsychiatric Disorders: Circuit-Function Analysis and Clinical Implications /Daniel L. Albaugh and Garret D. Stuber --Next-Generation Electrodes for Steering Brain Stimulation /H. C. F. Martens, M. M. J. Decré and E. Toader --Future Applications: Nanotechniques /Russell J. Andrews, Jessica E. Koehne and Meyya Meyyappan --Ethical Guidance for the Use of Deep Brain Stimulation in Psychiatric Trials and Emerging Uses: Review and Reflections /Emily Bell and Eric Racine --History of "Psychiatric" Deep Brain Stimulation: A Critical Appraisal /Marwan I. Hariz.
- Deep pelvic endometriosis 2011, SpringerIntroduction / P. De Nardi and S. Ferrari -- Diagnosis / P. De Nardi and S. Ferrari -- Treatment / P. De Nardi and S. Ferrari -- The Experience of Living with Endometriosis / E. Denny.
- Defects of secretion in cystic fibrosis 2005, Springer
- Defending life--the nature of host-parasite relations 2007, Springer
- Defense mechanisms 2004, ScienceDirect
- Definitions, conversions, and calculations for occupational safety and health professionals. 3rd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Definitive guide to MySQL. 2nd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Deformable models 2007, Springer
- DeGowin's Diagnostic examination. 9th ed. 2009, AccessMedicineDiagnosis -- History taking and the medical record -- The screening physical examination -- Vital signs, anthropometric data, and pain -- Non-regional systems and diseases -- The skin and nails -- The head and neck -- The chest : chest wall, pulmonary, and cardiovascular systems; the breasts -- Abdomen, perineum, anus, and rectosigmoid -- The urinary system -- The female genitalia and reproductive system -- Male genitalia and reproductive system -- The spine, pelvis and extremities -- The neurologic examination -- The mental status, psychiatric, and social evaluations -- The preoperative evaluation -- Principles of diagnostic testing -- Common laboratory tests.
- Motor strength and power -- Muscle tone -- Muscle volume and contour -- Abnormalities of movement -- -- Overview of the sensory system -- The exteroceptive sensations -- The proprioceptive sensations -- The interoceptive, or visceral, sensations -- Cerebral sensory functions -- Sensory localization -- -- Introduction to the reflexes -- The deep tendon or muscle stretch reflexes -- The superficial (cutaneous) reflexes -- Pathologic reflexes -- Postural and righting reflexes -- Associated movements -- -- Cerebellar function -- Gait and station -- -- The autonomic nervous system -- Peripheral neuroanatomy and focal neuropathies -- -- Neck and back pain -- Other musculoskeletal disorders -- -- The blood supply of the brain -- The ventricular system and the cerebrospinal fluid -- -- The examination in coma -- Miscellaneous neurologic signs -- -- Diagnostic reasoning and neurologic differential diagnosis.Overview of the nervous system -- The neurologic history -- The general physical examination -- General outline of the neurologic examination -- -- Gross and microscopic anatomy of the cerebral hemispheres -- Functions of the cerebral cortex and regional cerebral diagnosis -- The mental status examination -- Disorders of speech and language -- Agnosia, apraxia, and related disorders of higher cortical function -- -- An overview of brainstem and cranial nerve anatomy -- The olfactory nerve -- The optic nerve -- The ocular motor nerves -- The trigeminal nerve -- The facial nerve -- The acoustic (vestibulocochlear) nerve -- The glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves -- The spinal accessory nerve -- The hypoglossal nerve -- Brainstem and multiple cranial nerve syndromes -- -- Overview of the motor system -- The motor unit level -- The spinal cord level -- The corticospinal (pyramidal) level -- The extrapyramidal level
- DeJong's The neurologic examination. 7th ed. 2013, OvidIntroduction -- Overview of the nervous system -- The neurologic history -- The general physical examination -- General outline of the neurologic examination -- Gross and microscopic anatomy of the cerebral hemispheres -- Functions of the central cortex and regional cerebral diagnosis -- The mental status examination -- Disorders of speech and language -- Agnosia, apraxia, and related disorders of higher cortical function -- An overview of brainstem and cranial nerve anatomy -- The olfactory nerve -- The optic nerve -- The ocular motor nerves -- The trigeminal nerve -- The facial nerve -- The acoustic (vestibulocochlear) nerve -- The glossopharyngeal and vagus nerves -- The spinal accessory nerve -- The hypoglossal nerve -- Brainstem and multiple cranial nerve syndromes -- Overview of the motor system -- The motor unit level -- The spinal cord level -- The corticospinal (pyramidal) level -- The extrapyramidal level -- Motor strength and power -- Muscle tone -- Muscle volume and contour -- Abnormalities of movement -- Overview of the sensory system -- The exteroceptive sensations -- The proprioceptive sensations -- The interoceptive, or visceral, sensations -- Cerebral sensory functions -- Sensory localization -- Introduction to the reflexes -- The deep tendon or muscle stretch reflexes -- The superficial (cutaneous) reflexes -- Pathologic reflexes -- Postural and righting reflexes -- Associated movements -- Cerebellar function -- Gait and station -- The autonomic nervous system -- Peripheral neuroanatomy and focal neuropathies -- Neck and back pain -- Other musculoskeletal disorders -- The blood supply of the brain -- The ventricular system and the cerebrospinal fluid -- The examination in coma -- Miscellaneous neurologic signs -- Diagnostic reasoning and neurologic differential diagnosis.
- Dekker Encyclopedia of nanoscience and nanotechnology v. 1-5, 2004, CRCnetBASEv. 1. A-C -- v. 2. D-Mec -- v. 3. Met-Nano -- v. 4. Near-R -- v. 5. S-XYZ.
- DeLee & Drez's Orthopaedic sports medicine. 3rd ed. 2009, MD Consult
- Machine generated contents note: pt. I Principles of Assessment and Evaluation -- 1.Clinical Evaluation / Stephen F. Noil -- 2.The Physical Examination / Peter J. Moley -- 3.Assessment of Human Muscle Function / Jan Lexell -- 4.Electrodiagnostic Evaluation of the Peripheral Nervous System / Lawrence R. Robinson -- 5.Human Walking / Brian L. Bowyer -- 6.Imaging Techniques Relative to Rehabilitation / Angel Gomez -- 7.Diagnostic Ultrasound / Yi-Pin Chiang -- 8.Principles and Applications of Measurement Methods / Kathleen A. Hinderer -- 9.Functional Evaluation and Management of Self-care and Other Activities of Daily Living / Kristine L. Haerti -- 10.Disability Determination / Richard T. Katz -- 11.Applying the ICF in Rehabilitation Medicine / Alarcos Cieza -- 12.Systematically Assessing and Improving the Quality and Outcomes of Medical Rehabilitation Programs / Anne C. Hansen -- pt. II The Rehabilitation Team: Systems-Based Practice -- 13.Rehabilitation Team Function and Prescriptions, Referrals, and Order Writing / Amit Mehta -- 14.Psychological Aspects of Rehabilitation / Daniel E. Rohe -- 15.Speech, Language, Swallowing, and Auditory Rehabilitation / Jennifer Ryder -- 16.Sexuality and Disability / Andrei Krassioukov -- 17.Vocational Rehabilitation, Independent Living, and Consumerism / David Delambo -- 18.Community Participation and the Environment: Theoretical, Assessment and Clinical Implications / Daniel K. White -- 19.Systems-Based Practice of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation / Jared Fleisher -- 20.Ethical Issues in Rehabilitation Medicine / Janet F. Haas -- 21.Interactions with the Medicolegal System / Steve R. Geiringer -- 22.International Aspects of the Practice of Rehabilitation Medicine / Chang-Il Park -- pt. III Major Conditions -- 23.Stroke Rehabilitation / Murray E. Brandstater -- 24.Traumatic Brain Injury / Tessa Hart -- 25.Multiple Sclerosis / Alexander Rae-Grant -- 26.Rehabilitation of Persons with Parkinson's Disease and Other Movement Disorders / Donna Moxley Scarborough -- 27.Rehabilitation of Spinal Cord Injury / Monifa Brooks -- 28.Adult Motor Neuron Disease / Gregory T. Carter -- 29.Peripheral Neuropathy / Maya Therattil -- 30.Myopathy / David D. Kilmer -- 31.Osteoarthritis / Sausheen Heslop -- 32.Disorders of the Cervical Spine / David I. Lipetz -- 33.Rehabilitation of Lumbar Spine Disorders: An Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Approach / Carlo Trevisan -- 34.Scoliosis and Other Spinal Deformities / Scott M. Paul -- 35.Upper Extremity Soft-Tissue Injuries / Kathleen Fink -- 36.Cumulative Trauma Disorders / Joanne Borg-Stein -- 37.Hand Disorders / Lynn H. Gerber -- 38.Foot Disorders / Lynn H. Gerber -- 39.The Prevention and Treatment of Osteoporosis / Gopi Kasturi -- 40.Rehabilitation of the Patient with Rheumatic Diseases / Lynn H. Gerber -- 41.Cardiac Rehabilitation / Matthew Bartels -- 42.Rehabilitation of the Patient with Respiratory Dysfunction / Eric Altschuler --43.Burn Rehabilitation / M. Catherine Spires -- 44.Rehabilitation for Patients with Cancer Diagnoses / Deborah J. Franklin -- 45.Vascular Diseases / Vincent J. Yacyshyn -- 46.Transplantation Medicine: A Rehabilitation Perspective / Michael Munin -- 47.Rehabilitation of the Individual with HIV / Steven M. Fine -- pt. IV Secondary Conditions and Complications -- 48.Physical Inactivity: Physiological and Functional Impairments and Their Treatment / Kathleen R. Bell -- 49.Treatment of the Patient with Chronic Pain / Maxim Eckmann -- 50.Spasticity and Muscle Overactivity as Components of the Upper Motor Neuron Syndrome / Neil N. Jasey, Jr. -- 51.Neurogenic Bladder and Bowel / Steven A. Steins -- 52.Pressure Ulcers / Kath Bogie -- pt. V Special Populations -- 53.Sports Medicine / Garrett S. Hyman -- 54.Physical Activity for People with Disabilities / Jennifer A. Gray-Stanley -- 55.Performing Arts Medicine / Katie Weatherhogg -- 56.Children with Disabilities / Michael Armento -- 57.Adults with Childhood-Onset Disabling Conditions / Dennis Matthews -- 58.Empowering Women with Disabilities to be Self-Determining in their Health Care / Cassing Hammond -- 59.Aging and Rehabilitation / Hilary C. Siebens -- 60.Primary Care for Persons with Disability / Amanda Harrington -- pt. VI Management Methods -- 61.Therapeutic Exercise / Daniel A. Judelson -- 62.Aquatic Rehabilitation / Andrew J. Cole -- 63.Therapeutic Physical Agents / G. David Baxter -- 64.Manipulation, Massage, and Traction / Gregory Thompson -- 65.Pharmacotherapy of Disability / Jiaxin J. Iran -- 66.The Pharmacology of Analgesic Agents / Antonio Hernandez -- 67.Injection Procedures / Maxim Eckmann -- 68.Spinal Injection Procedures / Evish Kamrava -- 69.Palliative Care Symptom Management / Andrea L. Cheville -- 70.Evolution of Biofeedback in Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation / He (Helen) Huang -- 71.Therapeutic Electrical Stimulation in Neurorehabilitation / John Chae -- 72.Functional Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation / John Chae -- 73.Assistive Technology / Cathy Bodine -- 74.Upper and Lower Extremity Prosthetics / Daniel Santa Maria -- 75.Upper Limb Orthotics / Heikki Uustal -- 76.Lower Extremity Orthotics, Shoes, and Gait Aids / Alberto Esquenazi -- 77.Spinal Orthotics / Eva Durand -- 78.Wheelchairs / Rosemarie Cooper -- 79.Complementary and Alternative Medicine / David Jung Seto -- pt. VII Scientific Advances -- 80.Evidence-Based Practice in Rehabilitation (Including Clinical Trials) / Alan M. Jette -- 81.Neural Repair and Plasticity / Steven C. Cramer -- 82.Regenerative Medicine: Implications in Rehabilitation / Fabrisia Ambrosio -- 83.Rehabilitation Robotics / N. Hogan.
- pt. 1. The effectiveness of controlled release and delivery systems -- pt. 2. Materials and techniques for controlled release and delivery of nutrients -- pt. 3. Delivery and controlled release of particular nutraceuticals -- pt. 4. Regulatory issues and future trends.
- Delta receptor 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Dementia in clinical practice 2009., KargerClinical investigations in primary care / de Souza, L.C. ... [et al.] -- The concept of mild cognitive impairment : relevance and limits in clinical practice / Michon, A. -- Pathological substrates of cognitive decline in Alzheimer's disease / Giannakopoulos, P. ... [et al.] -- Functional imaging in mild cognitive impairment and early Alzheimer's disease : is it pertinent? / Ibáñez, V.; Deiber, M.-P. -- Electrophysiological markers of rapid cognitive decline in mild cognitive impairment / Giannakopoulos, P. ... [et al.] -- The future : new methods of imaging exploration in Alzheimer's disease / Nordberg, A. -- Pharmacological interventions in primary care : hopes and illusions / Assal, F.; van der Meulen, M. -- Investigations in primary care / Poggesi, A.; Pantoni, L. -- The concept of vascular cognitive impairment / Erkinjuntti, T.; Gauthier, S. --Defining the neuropathological background of vascular and mixed dementia and comparison with magnetic resonance imaging findings / Gold, G. -- Is it possible to treat vascular dementia? / Zekry, D. -- Dementia with Lewy bodies : clinical diagnosis and therapeutic approach / Gold, G. -- Significance of brain lesions in Parkinson disease dementia and Lewy body dementia / Jellinger, K.A. -- Delineating dementia with Lewy bodies : can magnetic resonance imaging help? / von Gunten, A.; Meuli, R. -- Pharmacotherapy of Parkinson disease dementia and Lewy body dementia / Gauthier, S. -- Clinical features and diagnosis of frontotemporal dementia / Kertesz, A. -- Neuropathological spectrum of frontal lobe dementias / Kövari, E. -- Frontotemporal dementia neuroimaging : a guide for clinicians / Seeley, W.W. -- Frontotemporal dementia : therapeutic interventions / Mendez, M.F.
- Dementia in clinical practice 2012, Springer
- Dementias 2008, ScienceDirect
- Demographic yearbook 1946-, United Nations
- Dendritic cells 2009, Springer
- Dendritic cells in cancer 2009, SpringerThe central role of dendritic cells in immunity / Jessica Chu and Russell D. Salter -- Dendritic cells in cancer: emergence of the discipline / Michael R. Shurin and Michael T. Lotze -- Part I. Alterations of the dendritic cell system in cancer -- Tumor-infiltrating dendritic cells: the pathologist's perspective / Dmitry W. Gutkin -- Functional defects of dendritic cells in cancer / Mikhail M. Dikov and Irina S. Chekneva -- General properties of dendritic cell populations in cancer / Benjamin J. Daniel, Duane P. Jeansonne, Suzanne R. Thibodeaux, and Tyler J. Curiel -- Elimination of dendritic cells in cancer ? Viktor Umansky and Dirk Schadendorf -- Part II. Mechanisms of dendritic cell dysfunction in cancer -- Tumor-derived factors responsible for dendritic cell dysfunction / Alberto Pinzon-Charry and J. Alejandro López -- Tumor-derived exosomes as dendritic cell modulators / Roberta Valenti ... [et al.] -- Signaling pathways mediating dendritic cell dysfunction in cancer / Jing Yang and Qing Yi -- A role for STAT3 in dendritic cell regulation by tumor-derived factors / Dmitry I. Gabrilovich -- Tumor-associated inflammation and impact of dendritic cell function / Zoltan Pos ... [et al.] -- Changes in dendritic cells in cancer and aging / Annabelle Grolleau-Julius and Raymond L. Yung -- Stress, immunity and dendritic cells in cancer / Rachel Kohman and Alexander W. Kusnecov -- Cancer therapy and dendritic cell immunomodulation / Galina V. Shurin, Neil Amina, and Michael R. Shurin --Part III. Role of dendritic cells in tumor escape -- Role IDO in dendritic cell differentiation and function in cancer / Alexey Popov and Joachim L. Schultze -- Dendritic cells: from inducers of specific T-cell responses to promoters of angiogenesis / George Coukos and Fabian Benencia -- Protumorigenic function of dendritic cells / Anjli Kukreja -- Dendritic cell maturation versus polarization in tumor escape / Michael W. Lipscomb, Walter J. Storkus, and Amy K. Wesa -- Part IV. Dendritic cells in cancer: clinical aspects -- Trafficking of dendritic cells in the tumor environment / Zoya R. Yurkovetsky and Ghena N. Yurkovetsky -- Dendritic cells in tumor-draining lymph nodes / Alistair J. Cochran ... [et al.] -- Dendritic cell vaccines in cancer: obstacles to overcome / Ezra D. Mirvish, Rebecca G. Pomerantz, Louis D. Falo, and Larisa J. Geskin -- How best to generate dendritic cells from patients with cancer and how best to use them for immunotherapeutic purposes / Mark M. Aloysius, Richard A. Robins, and Oleg Eremin -- Genetically modified dendritic cells in cancer immunotherapy / Brian J. Morrison ... [et al] -- Dendritic cell tumors / Lourdes R. Ylagan -- Future directions in dendritic cell research in cancer / Madhav V. Dhodapkar.
- Dendritic cells in clinics. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Dendritic cells. 2nd ed. 2001, ScienceDirect
- Dendritic neurotransmitter release 2005, Springer
- Dengue virus 2010, SpringerProspective cohort studies of dengue viral transmission and severity of disease / Timothy P. Endy, In-Kyu Yoon, Mammen P. Mammen -- Control of dengue virus translation and replication / Suman M. Paranjape, Eva Harris -- Subversion of interferon by dengue virus / Jorge L. Munoz-Jordan -- Dengue virus virulence and transmission determinants / R. Rico-Hesse -- Systemic vascular leakage associated with dengue infections - the clinical perspective / Dinh D. Trung, Bridget Wills -- Markers of dengue disease severity / Anon Srikiatkhachorn, Sharone Green -- Cellular immunology of sequential dengue virus infection and its role in disease pathogenesis / Alan L. Rothman -- HLA and other gene associations with dengue disease severity / H.A.F. Stephens -- Vector dynamics and transmission of dengue virus: implications for dengue surveillance and prevention strategies / Thomas W. Scott, Amy C. Morrison -- Dengue vaccine candidates in development / Anna P. Durbin, Stephen S. Whitehead -- Targeted mutagenesis as a rational approach to dengue virus vaccine development / Joseph E. Blaney Jr., Anna Pl Durbin, Brian R. Murphy, Stephen S. Whitehead.
- Dengue. New ed. 2009, WHO"Since the second edition of Dengue haemorrhagic fever: diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control was published by the World Health Organization (WHO) in 1997, the magnitude of the dengue problem has increased dramatically and has extended geographically to many previously unaffected areas. It was then, and remains today, the most important arthropod-borne viral disease of humans. Activities undertaken by WHO regarding dengue are most recently guided at the global policy level by World Health Assembly resolution WHA55.17 (adopted by the Fifty-fifth World Health Assembly in 2002) and at the regional level by resolution CE140.R17 of the Pan American Sanitary Conference (2007), resolution WPR/RC59.R6 of the WHO Regional Committee for the Western Pacific (2008) and resolution SEA/RC61/R5 of the WHO Regional Committee for South-East Asia (2008). This new edition has been produced to make widely available to health practitioners, laboratory personnel, those involved in vector control and other public health officials, a concise source of information of worldwide relevance on dengue. The guidelines provide updated practical information on the clinical management and delivery of clinical services; vector management and delivery of vector control services; laboratory diagnosis and diagnostic tests; and surveillance, emergency preparedness and response. Looking ahead, some indications of new and promising avenues of research are also described. Additional and more detailed specific guidance on the various specialist areas related to dengue are available from other sources in WHO and elsewhere, some of which are cited in the references. The contributions of, and review by, many experts both within and outside WHO have facilitated the preparation of this publication through consultative and peer review processes. All contributors are gratefully acknowledged, a list of whom appears under "Acknowledgements". These guidelines are the result of collaboration between the WHO Department of Control Neglected Tropical Diseases, the WHO Department of Epidemic and Pandemic Alert and Response, and the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases. This publication is intended to contribute to prevention and control of the morbidity and mortality associated with dengue and to serve as an authoritative reference source for health workers and researchers. These guidelines are not intended to replace national guidelines but to assist in the development of national or regional guidelines. They are expected to remain valid for five years (until 2014), although developments in research could change their validity, since many aspects of the prevention and control of dengue are currently being investigated in a variety of studies. The guidelines contain the most up-to-date information at the time of writing. However, the results of studies are being published regularly and should be taken into account. To address this challenge, the guide is also available on the Internet and will be updated regularly by WHO." - p. v.
- Dental biomechanics 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Dental erosion 2006, Karger
- Dental perspectives on human evolution 2007, SpringerDental evolution and dental morphology: Introduction / S.E. Bailey -- Patterns of molar variation in great apes and their implications for hominin taxonomy / V. Pilbrow -- Trends in postcanine occlusal morphology within the hominin clade : the case of Paranthropus / S.E. Bailey and B.A. Wood -- Maxillary molars cusp morphology of South African australopithecines / J. Moggi-Cecchi and S. Boccone -- Gran Dolina-TD6 and Sima de los Huesos dental samples : preliminary approach to some dental characters of interest for phylogenetic studies / M. Martinón-Torres ... [et al.] -- Neural network analysis by using the Self-Organizing Maps (SOMs) applied to human fossil dental morphology : a new methodology / F. Manni, R. Vargiu and A. Coppa -- Micro-computed tomography of primate molars : methodological aspects of three-dimensional data collection / A.J. Olejniczak, F.E. Grine and L.B. Martin -- HRXCT analysis of hominoid molars : a quantitative volumetric analysis and 3D reconstruction of coronal enamel and dentin / D.G. Gantt, J. Kappelman and R.A. Ketcham --Dental microstructure and life history: Introduction / R. Macchiarelli and S.E. Bailey -- Inferring primate growth, development and life history from dental microstructure : the case of the extinct Malagasy lemur, Megaladapis / G.T. Schwartz, L.R. Godfrey and P. Mahoney -- Histological study of an upper incisor and molar of a bonobo (Pan paniscus) individual / F. Ramirez Rossi and R.S. Lacruz -- New perspectives on chimpanzee and human molar crown development / T.M. Smith ... [et al.] -- Portable confocal scanning optical microscopy of Australopithecus africanus enamel structure / T.G. Bromage ... [et al.] -- Imbricational enamel formation in Neandertals and recent modern humans / D. Guatelli-Steinberg ... [et al.] -- Dental development: Introduction / B.A. Wood -- Of mice and monkeys : quantitative genetic analyses of size variation along the dental arcade / L.J. Hlusko and M.C. Mahaney -- Quantifying variation in human dental development sequences : an evo-devo perspective / J. Braga and Y. Heuze --Dental calcification stages of the permanent M1 and M2 in U.S. children of African-American and European-American ancestry born in the 1990s / J. Monge ... [et al.] -- A computerized model for reconstruction of dental ontogeny : a new tool for studying evolutionary trends in the dentition / P. Smith ... [et al.] -- Dentition and diet: Introduction / F.E. Grine -- An evaluation of changes in strontium/calcium ratios across the neonatal line in human deciduous teeth / L.T. Humphrey, M.C. Dean and T.E. Jeffries -- Dental topography and human evolution with comments on the diets of Australopithecus africanus and Paranthropus / P.S. Ungar -- Dental microwear and paleoanthropology : cautions and possibilities / M.F. Teaford -- Tooth wear and diversity in early hominid molars : a case study / L. Ulhaas, O. Kullmer and F. Schrenk -- 3-D interferometric microscopy applied to the study of buccal enamel microwear / F. Estebaranz ... [et al.].
- Dentate gyrus 2007, ScienceDirect
- Dento/oro/craniofacial anomalies and genetics. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Deoxynucleoside analogs in cancer therapy 2006, Springer
- Depression 2010, KargerAntidepressant compounds : a critical review / S.W. Tang, D.M. Helmeste, B. Leonard -- The hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis in depression / M. Julio-Pieper, T.G. Dinan -- Dysfunctional circadian rhythms and mood disorders : opportunities for novel therapeutic approaches / T.R. Norman -- The concept of depression as a dysfunction of the immune system / B.E. Leonard -- The role of polyunsaturated fatty acids in the pathology and treatment of depression / C. Song -- Overcoming antidepressant treatment resistance : focus on glutamate / J.W. Murrough, S.J. Mathew -- Neuroimaging and the pathophysiology and treatment of depression : recent advances and future needs / D.M. Cannon -- Animal models of depression : where are we going? / D.A. Slattery, J.F. Cryan -- Genetic models of depression and antidepressant response / I. Lucki -- The role of 5-HT2C receptors in the antidepressant response : a critical review / C.B.P. Martin ... [et al.] -- Chromatin-based treatments for affective disorders : insight or utopia / H.E. Covington III, O. Berton -- Neurotrophic factors and antidepressant action : recent advances / O.F. O'Leary, E. Castron -- Neurogenic basis of antidepressant action : recent advances / A. Tanti, C. Belzung -- The nature and treatment of therapy-resistant depression / S.H. Kennedy, S.J. Rizvi, P. Giacobbe -- Optimizing antidepressant management of depression : current status and future perspectives / T.L. Schwartz, S.M. Stahl.
- Depression and globalization 2008, Springer
- Depression in Latinos 2008, SpringerDepression ranks as a leading mental health problem among Hispanic immigrants and their US-born children. And a wide array of issues - starting with the widespread stereotype of the "illegal immigrant" - makes the Latino experience of this condition differ from that of any other group. Depression in Latinos consolidates the conceptual, diagnostic, and clinical knowledge base on this salient topic, providing coverage from prevalence to prevention, from efficient screening to effective interventions. In this concise yet comprehensive volume, leading clinicians, researchers, and academics offer extensive research and clinical findings, literature reviews (e.g., an in-depth chapter on the Mexican American Prevalence and Services Survey), and insights gathered from first-hand experience in clinical practice. Perceptive information is offered on the most urgent and complex issues on depression in this diverse and dynamic population, including: (1) the impact language, culture, and societal factors have on depression and its diagnosis; (2) the most relevant assessment instruments; (3) how depression manifests among Latino children, youth, and seniors as well as in Latinas; (4) the relationship between depression and substance abuse; (5) the most effective evidence-based treatment methods; and (6) the efficacy of interventions for depression at the community level.
- Dermal absorption models in toxicology and pharmacology 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Dermal tumors 2011, Springer
- Dermatoethics 2012, SpringerPart I. Dermatologist as Clinician -- 1. "Excuse Me...": Unsolicited Dermatologic Opinions: Ethical, Moral, and Legal Issues / Lionel Bercovitch -- 2. "Give Me Enbrel(TM) or Give Me Death": Confronting the Limits of Autonomy / Lionel Bercovitch -- 3. Direct-to-Consumer Advertising of Prescription Medications: Misguided "Autonomy" in the Information Age / Lisa Pappas-Taffer and Alexander Miller -- 4. Autonomy, Isotretinoin and iPLEDGE: The Ethics of Burdensome Regulation and Use of Teratogenic Medication / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 5. "Who Speaks for the Child?" Consent, Assent, and Confidentiality in Pediatric Dermatology / Kenneth E. Bloom and Lionel Bercovitch -- 6. Therapeutic Privilege: If, When, and How to Lie to Patients / Richard G. Fried and Clifford Perlis -- 7. Communicating with Patients About Adverse Medical Events: If, When, and How to Say "I'm Sorry" / Steven Shama, Lyn Duncan, and Lionel Bercovitch -- 8. The Computer Will See You Now: Ethics of Teledermatology / Jennifer L. Weinberg, Rachel H. Gormley, and Carrie L. Kovarik -- 9. Hospital Consultations: Embracing Professionalism Even When It Hurts / Lauren E. Krug and Stephen E. Helms -- 10. The Extender Is In: Delegating Ethically, Ethical and Professional Issues Relating to Physician Extenders in Dermatology / Steven Rosenberg and Clifford Perlis --Part II. Dermatologist as Professional -- 11. Professional Boundaries: Safeguarding the Physician-Patient Relationship / Brandon H. Krupp -- 12. Taking Care of Uncle Bob's Rash: Should One Treat Family Members? / Sandra Osswald -- 13. Peering into the Gift Horse: Is It Ethical to Accept Gifts from Patients? / Lionel Bercovitch -- 14. The Dermatologist and Social Media: The Challenges of Friending and Tweeting / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Stanton K. Wesson -- 15. Respecting Differences: Dermatology in a Diverse Society / Vimal Prajapati and Benjamin Barankin -- 16. Dermatologists Within, Beyond and Struggling with Borders: The Global Dermatologist / Jennifer L. Weinberg -- 17. Feet of Clay: The Impaired Dermatologist / Brandon H. Krupp --Part III. Dermatologist as Teacher and Trainee -- 18. The Mentor-Mentee Relationship: The Devil Is in the Details / Kimberly L. Merkel, John A. Cole, and Stanton K. Wesson -- 19. Tales from the Residency Interview Trail / Jennifer A. Sbicca and Alfred T. Lane -- 20. Ethics Education for Residents: Growing Pains and Learning Crises / Irèn Kossintseva and Benjamin Barankin -- 21. Teaching Ethics in Clinic: Keeping You Smart and Honest / Nely Z. Aldrich and Eliot N. Mostow --Part IV. Dermatologist as Businessperson -- 22. Boutiques, Botox®, and Basal Cells: Can Dermatology Set Its Priorities? / Jeffrey J. Meffert and Maria Villegas -- 23. The Price Is Right: Office Dispensing and Product Pricing / Tivon Sidorsky -- 24. My Elixir, MD: Morphing a Medical Degree into a Skincare Brand / Julie Cantor -- 25. Marketing the Physician: From Antitrust to Distrust / Catherine L. Kowalewski and Jeffrey J. Meffert -- 26. What the Market Will Bear? Ethical and Professional Issues in Medical Fees / Carl Johnson and Lionel Bercovitch -- 27. Spa, MD: When Dermatology Meets Aromatherapy / Tivon Sidorsky and Lionel Bercovitch -- 28. Gatekeepers, Dermatologists, and Their Patients: Mixed Messages in Managed Care / Lindsey A. Brodell, Robert T. Brodell, and Brendan Minogue -- 29. Ethical Adventures in 21st Century Dermatopathology / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 30. Defining the Gray Zone: Client Billing and Contractual Joint Ventures / Homer O. Wiland IV, Barry D. Kels, and Jane Grant-Kels -- 31. No Strings Attached? Managing Conflicts of Interest in Medicine / Noah D. Shannon and Clifford Perlis --Part V Dermatologist as Scholar -- 32. Respecting Human Subjects: Responsibilities of the Clinical Investigator / Kenneth Katz and Samual Garner -- 33. Hope, Hype, and Genotype: Genetic Testing in Dermatological Diseases / Natasha Shur -- 34. Desperate Measures for Desperate Patients: Translational Research in Epidermolysis Bullosa / Alfred T. Lane -- 35. Reading Between the Lines: Can Peer Reviewers Be Expected to Detect Fraud? / Jason D. Gillum, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 36. Hiding Behind the Curtain: Anonomyous Versus Open Peer Review / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 37. Ghost Busting in Dermatology Publications: Providing Byline Integrity / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 38. Telling the Same Tale Twice: Déjà vu and the Shades of Grey in Self-Plagiarism / Andrea L. Suárez, Jeffrey D. Bernhard, and Robert P. Dellavalle -- 39. Cutting Edge or Cutting Corners? Innovative Care / Jolion McGreevy and Clifford Perlis.
- Dermatokinetics of therapeutic agents 2011, CRCnetBASE"Novel drug delivery technologies strive to bypass challenging biological layers to elicit desired pharmacological activity. The skin, one of our key defensive barriers, is imperfect, and may allow certain topically applied substances or toxins to pass. The dermatokinetics of a drug determines the efficacy of treatment of skin disorders. Presenting the first comprehensive reference on this important area of research, Dermatokinetics of Therapeutic Agents includes a general overview of the theoretical as well as practical aspects of dermatokinetics and addresses the impact of nature of a drug delivery system on the dermatokinetics of drugs. Chapters and illustrations cover the introductory aspects significance, methods, and models used in dermatokinetic studies of therapeutic agents.Topics include: Theoretical Models for Dermatokinetics of Therapeutic Agents; Drug Delivery Approaches to Modulate Dermatokinetics of Drugs; Conventional Methods of Cutaneous Drug Sampling; Cutaneous Microdialysis; Sampling Substrates by Skin Permeabilization; Spectroscopic Techniques in Dermatokinetics Studies; Regulatory Perspective of Dermatokinetic Studies"--Provided by publisher.
- Dermatologic complications with body art 2010, Springer
- Dermatologic immunity 2008, KargerAllergic contact dermatitis / M.D. Gober, A.A. Gaspari -- Immune privilege and the skin / T. Ito ... [et al.] -- Immunobiology of acute cytotoxic drug reactions / B.J. Nickoloff -- Psoriasis / F.O. Nestle -- Atopic dermatitis in 2008 / L.S. Chan -- Cutaneous Lupus erythematosus : molecular and cellular basis of clinical findings / A. Kuhn, R. Sontheimer -- Bullous pemphigoid and related subepidermal autoimmune blistering diseases / E.B. Olasz, K.B. Yancey -- Pemphigus vulgaris and its active disease mouse model / M. Amagai -- Pemphigus foliaceus / D. Dasher, D. Rubenstein, L. Diaz -- Autoimmunity to type VII collagen : Epidermolysis bullosa acquisita / J. Remington ... [et al.] -- Pathomechanisms of Lichen planus autoimmunity elicited by cross-reactive T cells / T. Shiohara ... [et al.] -- Autoimmune etiology of generalized vitiligo / I.C. Le Poole, R.M. Luiten -- The genetics of generalized vitiligo / R.A. Spritz -- Scleroderma / A.C. Gilliam -- Alopecia areata / L.E. King Jr., K.J. McElwee, J.P. Sundberg -- Dermatomyositis / M.S. Krathen, D. Fiorentino, V.P. Werth -- Novel mechanism for therapeutic action of IVIg in autoimmune blistering dermatoses / D. Michael, S.A. Grando -- Skin involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases / S. Rashtak, M.R. Pittelkowo -- Therapeutics and immune-mediated skin disease / K.B. Gordon, R. Satoskar.
- Dermatologic surgery 2009
- Dermatological and transdermal formulations 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Life span and life course approaches to dermatological disease / Ryff, C.D. -- Key concepts in the life course approach in medicine : allostatic load and cumulative life course impairment / Offidani, E.; Tomba, E.; Linder, M.D. -- Mathematical modeling in life course research / Barban, N.; Linder, M.D. -- Life course impairment and quality of life over time / Sampogna, F. -- Concept of major life-changing decisions in life course research / Bhatti, Z.U.; Salek, S.; Finlay, A.Y. -- Setting up a life course questionnaire / Sampogna, F. -- Cumulative life course impairment in chronic wounds / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment : evidence for psoriasis / Mattei, P.L.; Corey, K.C.; Kimball, A.B. -- Cumulative life impairment by epidermolysis bullosa / Fine, J.-D. -- Cumulative life course impairment in vitiligo / Krüger, C.; Schallreuter, K.U. -- Cumulative life course impairment in melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancer / Piaserico, S. -- Cumulative life course impairment : identifying patients at risk / Augustin, M. -- Cumulative life course impairment in dermatological diseases other than psoriasis : an overview / Ibler, K.S.; Jemec, G.B.E. -- Cumulative life course impairment across cultures and medical systems / Lima, X.T. -- Patients' narratives / Foulkes, A.C.; Warren, R.B.
- 1. Lupus erythematosus / Christopher B. Hansen, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 2. Dermatomyositis / Ruth Ann Vleugels, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 3. Scleroderma, Raynaud's phenomenon, and related conditions / Susannah E. McClain ... [et al.] -- 4. Vasculitis / Jeffrey P. Zwerner, Jeffrey P. Callen, David F. Fiorentino -- 5. Miscellaneous disorders with prominent features involving the skin and the joints / Brad A. Yentzer ... [et al.] -- 6. Urticaria / Andrew D. Lee, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 7. Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome, and toxic epidermal necrolysis / B. Asher Louden, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 8. Erythema nodosum and other panniculitides / Manisha J. Patel, Joseph L. Jorizzo, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 9. Pruritus / Gil Yosipovitch -- 10. Erythroderma / Aaron M. Loyd, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 11. Purpura / Warren W. Piette -- 12. Bullous diseases / Anneli R. Bowen, John J. Zone -- 13. Skin signs of internal malignancy / Edward W. Cowen, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 14. Metastatic disease / Warren W. Piette -- 15. Cutaneous manifestations of leukemias, myelodysplasti and myeloproliferative syndromes, and systemic lymphomas / Warren W. Piette -- 16. Dysproteinemias, plasma cell disorders, and amyloidosis / Warren W. Piette -- 17. Cutaneous manifestations of macrophage/dendritic cell proliferative disorders (histiocytoses) / Warren W. Piette -- 18. Vascular neoplasms / Julie V. Schaffer, Jean L. Bolognia -- 19. Primary cutaneous T-cell and B-cell lymphomas / Gary S. Wood, Warren W. Piette -- 20. Diabetes mellitus / Mohammad Reza Namazi, Gil Yosipovitch -- 21. Thyroid and the skin / Warren R. Heymann, Ted Rosen, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 22. Lipids / Sarah L. Taylor, Kenneth E. Greer, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 23. Adrenal, androgen-related, and pituitary disorders / Drew W. Miller, Steven R. Feldman, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 24. Porphyrias / Julia R. Nunley, Marc E. Grossman, Warfen W. Piette -- 25. Cutaneous diseases associated with gastrointestinal abnormalities / Mark D. Herron, John J. Zone -- 26. Cutaneous hepatology / J. Mark Jackson, Jeffrey P. Callen, Kenneth E. Greer -- 27. Pancreatic disease / Daniel J. Pearce, Kenneth E. Greer, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 28. Cutaneous manifestations of systemic viral, bacterial, and fungal infections and protozoan disease / Christina Haverstock ... [et al.] -- 29. Acquired immunodeficiency syndrome and sexually transmitted infections / Jean L. Bolognia -- 30. Sarcoidosis / Joseph C. English III, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 31. Cardiovascular diseases and the skin / Kathryn Schwarzenberger, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 32. Renal disease and the skin / Cheryl L. Lonergan, Thomas G. Cropley -- 33. Manifestations in transplant recipients / Dennis L. Cooper, Jean L. Bolgnia -- 34. Neurocutaneous disease / Clive M. Liu, John J. Zone -- 35. Pregancy / Lisa M. Cohen, George Kroumpouzos -- 36. Mast cell disease / Michael D. Tharp -- 37. Hair disorders in systemic disease / Raechele C. Gathers, Amy J. McMichael -- 38. Nail signs of systemic disease / Christopher B. Yelverton, Joseph L. Jorizzo -- 39. Oral mucous membranes and systemic disease / Charles Camisa, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 40. Leg ulcerations / Mark D.P. Davis -- 41. Cutaneous drug eruptions / Susan Burgin, Stephen E. Wolverton, Jeffrey P. Callen -- 42. Systemic therapy for cutaneous disease / Stephen E. Wolverton, Jeffrey P. Callen.
- Dermatology 2006, Thieme BookAnogenital diseases -- Phlebology -- Occupational dermatoses -- Skin diseases in different age groups -- Psychodermatology -- Topical therapy -- Systemic therapy -- Radiation therapy -- Therapy during pregnancy and nursing -- Operative dermatology -- Wound healing -- Dermatologic emergencies.Introduction to skin biology -- Dermatologic diagnosis -- Other diagnostic methods -- Viral diseases -- Bacterial diseases -- Fungal diseases -- Other infectious diseases -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- HIV infection and AIDS -- Allergic diseases -- Drug reactions -- Dermatitis -- Collagen vascular disorders -- Autoimmune bullous diseases -- Purpura and vasculitis -- Papulosquamous disorders -- Granulomatous and necrobiotic disorders -- Dermatoses caused by physical and chemical agents -- Metabolic diseases -- Pruritus and prurigo -- Genodermatoses -- Disorders of pigmentation --Melanocytic tumors -- Cysts and epidermal tumors -- Adnexal tumors -- Soft tissue tumors -- Other cutaneous tumors -- Cutaneous lymphomas and leukemia -- Paraneoplastic disorders -- Diseases of the lips and oral mucosa -- Diseases of the hairs and scalp -- Diseases of the nails -- Disorders of sweat glands -- Diseases of sebaceous glands -- Diseases of subcutaneous fat --
- Dermatology 2012, SpringerBasic Science and Immunology -- Pediatric Dermatology -- General Dermatology -- Infectious Diseases -- Benign and Malignant Tumors -- Dermatologic Surgery -- Pharmacology and Drug Reactions -- Pathology -- Dermoscopy and Electron Microscopy -- Life After Boards -- High Yield Facts and Buzz Words.
- Dermatology in clinical practice 2010, SpringerSkin: structure and function -- Immune system of the skin -- Diagnosis of skin disease -- Bacterial infections -- Superficial fungal infections -- Viral infections -- Parasitic infestations and diseases caused by arthropods -- Eczema -- Keratinizing and papulosquamous disorders -- Diseases of connective tissue -- Bullous disorders: autoimmune and childhood bullous dermatoses -- Vasculitis, common erythemas, and lymphatic disorders -- Exanthems and hypersensitivity syndromes -- Urticaria -- Pruritus -- Leg ulcers -- Disorders of pigmentationDisorders of ultraviolet radiation and injuries due to cold -- Diseases of the sebaceous, sweat, and apocrine glands -- Hair disorders -- Nail disorders -- Diseases of the subcutaneous tissue -- Tumors of the skin -- Naevi and hereditary diseases of the skin -- Skin and malnutrition -- Skin and systemic disease -- Skin and the psyche -- Erythroderma -- Ages of man and their dermatoses -- Diseases of the oral cavity -- Diseases of the external genitalia -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Drug reactions -- Management of skin diseases.
- Dermatology in focus 2005
- Dermatology secrets in color. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog record
- Dermatology skills for primary care 2006, SpringerSpecific history -- Dermatologic physical examination -- Indicated supporting diagnostic data -- Therapy -- Molluscum contagiosum (dimple warts) -- Verruca vulgaris (common warts) -- Seborrheic dermatitis (dandruff) -- Pityriasis rosea -- Psoriasis vulgaris -- Lichen planus -- Miliaria rubra (prickly heat) -- Scabies -- Erythrasma -- Tinea (superficial fungi, dermatophytosis, ringworm) -- Urticaria (urticaria simplex, common hives) -- Fixed drug eruption -- Erysipelas/cellulitis -- Erythema multiforme -- Lupus erythematosus -- Toxicodendron dermatitis (poison oak, poison ivy, poison sumac; also known as Rhus dermatitis) -- Atopic dermatitis (atopic eczema, disseminated neurodermatitis -- Besnier's prurigo) -- Asteatotic eczema (xerosis, xerotic eczema, eczema craquelé, eczema cannalé, eczema hiemalis, winter itch) -- Senile purpura (Bateman's purpura) -- Striae distensae (striae atrophicans, striae gravidarum, stretch marks) -- Seborrheic keratosis (old age spots, liver spots) -- Ephelides (freckles) -- Lentigines -- Melanocytic nevi -- Malignant melanoma -- Actinic keratosis (solar keratosis) -- Keratoacanthoma (molluscum sebaceum) -- Common skin cancers -- Impetigo (impetigo contagiosa) -- Herpes simplex recidivans (herpes labialis, cold sores, fever blisters Herpes genitalis) -- Herpes zoster (shingles) -- Acne vulgaris (acne, zits) -- Rosacea (acne rosasea).
- Dermatology terminology 2010, SpringerPapulosquamous Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Vesiculobullous Disorders (Including Dermatitis/Eczema) / Herbert B. Allen -- Infectious Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Hypersensitivity Disorders / Herbert B. Allen -- Genetic Diseases / Herbert B. Allen -- Dermatology in Systemic Disease / Herbert B. Allen -- Tumors / Herbert B. Allen -- Miscellaneous Disorders / Herbert B. Allen.
- Dermatology. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2008.
- Dermatomyositis 2009, Springer
- Dermatopathology 2009, Springer
- Dermatopathology 2006, Springer1. Requirements for a Good Diagnostic Result, p. 1-3 -- 2. The Dermal Blood Vasculature, p. 4-8 -- 3. The Dermal Lymphatic Vasculature, p. 9-11 -- 4. The Immune Response, p. 12-20 -- 5. Cell and Vascular Response to Infection and Injury, p. 1-30 -- 6. Cell Death in the Living Body, p. 31-34 -- 7. Vasculitis, p. 35-64 -- 8. Skin Lesions due to Abnormalities in Blood Components, p. 65-74 -- 9. Arteriosclerosis in the Skin, p. 75-77 -- 10. Thromboangiitis Obliterans, p. 78-79 -- 11. Angiotropic Lymphoma, p. 80-82 -- 12. Infections Caused by Common Pyogenic Bacteria, p. 83-85 -- 13. Common Fungal Infections, p. 86-99 -- 14. Demodicidosis, p. 100-101 -- 15. Infections Caused by Mycobacterium Tuberculosis, M. Bovis, and Atypical Mycobacteria, p. 102-109 -- 16. Leprosy, p. 110-113 -- 17. Syphilis, p. 114-121-- 18. Lyme Borreliosis, p. 122-133 -- 19. Leishmaniasis, p. 134-135 -- 20. Herpes Simplex, Herpes Zoster/Varicella, and Cytomegalovirus Infections, p. 136-146 -- 21. Langerhans Cell Histiocytosis in Skin and Mucous Membranes, p. 147-154 -- 22. Dermatitis (Eczema), p. 155-162 -- 23. Psoriasis, p. 163-169 -- 24. Lichen Planus and Lichen Nitidus, p. 170-175 -- 25. Autoimmune Vesicular, Bullous, and Pustular Dermatoses, p. 176-198 -- 26. Recurrent Vesicular Eruptions, p. 199-209 -- 27. Profiles of the Epidermal/Dermal Area in some Vesicular/Bullous Dermatoses, p. 210-213 -- 28. Skin Lesions Due to Drugs, p. 214-230 -- 29. Artifacts, p. 231-244.
- Dermatopathology 2013, Springer
- Inflammatory diseases of the dermis and epidermis / Maxwell A. Fung -- Panniculitis / Neil Scott McNutt, Maxwell A. Fung -- Infectious diseases of the skin / Anca G. Prundeanu Croitoru ... [et al.] -- Cutaneous vasculitis / J. Andrew Carlson -- Blistering skin diseases / Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins, Klaus J. Busam -- Deposition disorders and miscellaneous alterations of dermal connective tissue / Franco Rongioletti, Jacqueline Granese, Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins -- Non-neoplastic disorders of pigmentation / Ravi Ubriani, Loren E. Clarke, Michael E. Ming -- Non-neoplastic disorders of hair / Klaus Sellheyer, Wilma F. Bergfeld -- Cysts and sinuses / Douglas R. Fullen -- Tumors of the epidermis / Angela J. Wyatt, Klaus J. Busam -- Adnexal tumors / Victor G. Prieto ... [et al.] -- Melanocytic proliferations / Klaus J. Busam -- Soft tissue tumors and tumor-like reactions / Steven D. Billings, John R. Goldblum -- Hematopoietic neoplasms / Jacqueline M. Junkins-Hopkins, Patricia L. Myskowski, Klaus J. Busam -- Histiocytic proliferative disorders / Bijal Amin, Melissa Pulitzer -- Cutaneous nueroendocrine (merkel cell) carcinoma / Bijal Amin, Klaus J. Busam -- Cutaneous metastases / Richard A. Scolyer, Rajmohan Murali, John F. Thompson.
- Dermatotoxicology. 6th ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Descartes's metaphysical reasoning 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Design of bioavailability studies -- Statistical inferences for effects from a standard 2x2 crossover design -- Statistical methods for average bioequivalence -- Power and sample size determination -- Transformation and analysis of individual subject ratios -- Assessment of inter- and intra-subject variabilities -- Assumptions of outlier detection for average bioequivalence -- Optimal crossover designs for two formulations for average bioequivalence -- Assessment of bioequivalence for more than two formulations -- Population and individual bioequivalence -- Statistical procedures for assessment of population and individual bioequivalence -- Assessment of bioequivalence for drugs with negligible plasma levels -- In vitro bioequivalence testing -- In vitro dissolution profiles comparison -- Meta-analysis for bioequivalence review -- Population pharmacokinetics -- Other pharmacokinetic studies -- Review of regulatory guidances on bioequivalence -- Frequently asked questions and future challenges.
- Design and analysis of clinical trials with time-to-event endpoints 2009, CRCnetBASEOverview of time-to-event endpoint methodology / Karl E. Peace -- Design (and monitoring) of clinical trials with time-to-event endpoints / Michael W. Sill and Larry Rubinstein -- Overview of time-to-event parametric methods / Karl E. Peace and Kao-Tai Tsai -- Overview of semiparametric inferential methods for time-to-event endpoints / Jianween Cai and Donglin Zeng -- Overview of inferential methods for categorical time-to-event data / Eric V. Slud -- Overview of Bayesian inferential methods including time-to-event endpoints / Laura H. Gunn -- An efficient alternative to the Cox model for small time-to-event trials / Devan V. Mehrotra and Arthur J. Roth -- Estimation and testing for change in hazard for time-to-event endpoints / Rafia Bhore and Mohammad Huque -- Overview of descriptive and graphical methods for time-to-event data / Michael O'Connell and Bob Treder -- Design and analysis of analgesic trials / Akiko Okamoto, Julia Wang, and Surya Mohanty -- Design and analysis of analgesic trials with paired time-to-event endpoints / Zhu Wang and Hon Keung Tony Ng --Time-to-event endpoint methods in antibiotic trials / Karl E. Peace -- Design and analysis of cardiovascular prevention trials / Michelle McNabb and Andreas Sashegyi -- Design and analysis of antiviral trials / Anthony C. Segreti and Lynn P. Dix -- Cure rate models with applications to melanoma and prostate cancer data / Ming-Hui Chen and Sungduk Kim -- Parametric likelihoods for multiple nonfatal competing risks and death, with application to cancer data / Peter F. Thall and Xuemei Wang -- Design, summarization, analysis, and interpretation of cancer prevention trials / Matthew C. Somerville, Jennifer B. Shannon, and Timothy H. Wilson -- LASSO method in variable selection for right-censored time-to-event data with application to astrocytoma brain tumor and chronic myelogonous leukemia / Lili Yu and Dennis Pearl -- Selecting optimal treatments based on predictive factors / Eric C. Polley and Mark J. van der Laan -- Application of time-to-event methods in the assessment of safety in clinical trials / Kelly L. Moore and Mark J. van der Laan -- Design and analysis of chronic carcinogenicity studies of pharmaceuticals in rodents / Mohammad Atiar Rahman and Karl K. Lin -- Design and analysis of time-to-tumor response in animal studies : a Bayesian perspective / Steve Thomson and Karl K. Lin.
- Design and analysis of cross-over trials. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Design and analysis of DNA microarray investigations 2003, MyiLibrary
- Design controls for the medical industry 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Designing accessible technology 2006, Springer
- Designing clinical research. 3rd ed. 2007, OvidDesigning a randomized blinded trial / Steven R. Cummings, Deborah Grady, and Stephen B. Hulley -- Alternative trial designs and implementation issues / Deborah Grady, Steven R. Cummings, and Stephen B. Hulley -- Designing studies of medical tests / Thomas B. Newman ... [et al.] -- Utilizing existing databases / Deborah Grady and Norman Hearst -- Addressing ethical issues / Bernard Lo -- Designing questionnaires and interviews / Steven R. Cummings and Stephen B. Hulley -- Data management / Michael A. Kohn -- Implementing the study and quality control / Deborah Grady and Stephen B. Hulley -- Community and international studies / Norman Hearst and Thomas E. Novotny -- Writing and funding a research proposal / Steven R. Cummings and Stephen B. Hulley.Getting started: the anatomy and physiology of clinical research / Stephen B. Hulley, Thomas B. Newman, and Steven R. Cummings -- Conceiving the research question / Steven R. Cummings, Warren S. Browner, and Stephen B. Hulley -- Choosing the study subjects: specification, sampling, and recruitment / Stephen B. Hulley, Thomas B. Newman, and Steven R. Cummings -- Planning the measurements: precision and accuracy / Stephen B. Hulley, Jeffrey N. Martin and Steven R. Cummings -- Getting ready to estimate sample size: hypotheses and underlying principles / Warren S. Browner, Thomas B. Newman, and Stephen B. Hulley -- Estimating sample size and power: applications and examples / Warren S. Browner, Thomas B. Newman, and Stephen B. Hulley -- Designing a cohort study / Steven R. Cummings, Thomas B. Newman, and Stephen B. Hulley -- Designing cross-sectional and case-control studies / Thomas B. Newman ... [et al.] -- Enhancing causal inference in observational studies / Thomas B. Newman, Warren S. Browner, and Stephen B. Hulley --
- "This book provides a practical guide to planning, tabulating, formulating, and implementing clinical research, in an easy-to-use, readable presentation"--Provided by publisher.
- Designing for older adults 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Designing inclusive futures 2008, Springer
- Designing science presentations. 1st ed. 2013, ScienceDirect"Clear, polished, and stimulating presentations are as important to the scientific profession as they are to business, yet most scientists never receive formal training in the creation, delivery, and evaluation of such material." ... "Designing Science Presentations provides visually intensive guidance at every step-from the construction of original figures to the presentation and delivery of those figures in papers, slideshows, posters, and websites." --Excerpts from publisher's description.
- Designing teaching strategies 2002, ScienceDirect
- Designing telehealth for an aging population 2012, CRCnetBASE"As simple and straightforward as two health professionals conferring over the telephone or as complex and sophisticated as robotic surgery between facilities at different ends of the globe, telehealth is an increasingly frequent component in healthcare. A primer on the human factors issues that can influence how older adults interact with telehealth systems, Designing Telehealth for an Aging Population: A Human Factors Perspective examines the new ways patients and healthcare providers communicate to achieve the same or better outcomes than with traditional face-to-face healthcare.The authors examine older adult capabilities and provide standards and guidelines for telehealth design, enlivened by clinical examples and tutorials on human factors methodologies. They take a systematic look at how the use of human factors principles can facilitate the successful development, deployment, and maintenance of telehealth technology to better serve the aging population. The authors have carefully stayed away from academic writing, distilling their experience in the form of basic observations and principles drawn from their work. They include suggested readings at the end of each chapter that supply the research underpinning their recommendations. The first reference to cover older adult users in an area that will only get bigger, this book sets itself apart by providing focused coverage of the human factors issues specific to aging populations and practical advice on how to accommodate them"--Provided by publisher.
- Designing usability into medical products 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Designing usable electronic text. 2nd ed. 2003, CRCnetBASE
- Designing user studies in informatics 2011, SpringerPart I Designing the User Study -- Overview -- Variables -- Design equation and statistics -- Between-subjects design -- Within-subject designs -- Advanced designs -- Part II Practical Tips -- Understanding main and interaction effects -- Conducting multiple comparisons -- Gold standard and user evaluations -- Recruiting and motivating study participants -- Institutional review board (IRB) approval -- Resources -- Part III Common Mistakes to Avoid -- Avoid bias -- Avoid missing the effect -- Avoid missing variables or conditions -- Other errors to avoid -- Appendix: cookbook for designing user studies in informatics.
- Designing Web sites that work 2002, ScienceDirect
- Designs for clinical trials 2012, Springer
- Desk reference for hematology. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Desk reference of clinical pharmacology. 2nd ed. 2008, CRCnetBASEThe pharmacokinetic basis of therapeutics -- The pharmacodynamic basis of therapeutics -- Adverse reactions and drug-drug interactions -- Herb-drug interactions -- Food-drug interactions.
- Desmoid tumors 2011, SpringerClinical Presentation of Desmoid Tumors -- Pathology of Desmoid Tumors -- APC/β-Catenin Deregulation in Desmoid Tumors: Important Implications for Diagnosis, Prognosis, and Therapy -- Imaging Techniques in Desmoid Tumors -- Surgical Management of Desmoid Tumors -- Systemic Therapy in the Treatment of Desmoid Tumors -- Radiation Therapy for Desmoid Tumors -- Interventional Radiology -- Introduction -- Desmoid Disease in Familial Adenomatous Polyposis -- Desmoid Tumor in Children and Adolescents: The Influence of Age -- Microarrays and High-Throughput Sequencing in Desmoid-Type Fibromatosis and Scar -- Desmoid Tumors: Are They Benign or Malignant? -- The Role of Patient Advocacy Groups in Rare Tumors Such as Desmoid Tumors.
- Detecting allergens in food 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Detecting pathogens in food 2003, CRCnetBASEIntroduction /T. McMeekin --PART I. GENERAL ISSUES --Microbiological analysis and food safety management: GMP and HACCP systems /C. de W. Blackburn --Sampling techniques /D. Legan,M.H. Vandeven --Separation and concentration of samples /A. Sharpe --Validating detection techniques /J. Debevere,M. Uyttendaele --Quality assurance of laboratory performance /R. Wood,J.E.L. Corry --PART II. PARTICULAR TECHNIQUES --Culture methods /P. Stephens --Electrical methods /D.M. Gibson --ATP bioluminescence /M. Griffiths,L. Brovko --Microscopy techniques: DEFT and flow cytometry /R. Raybourne,M. Tortorello --Immunological techniques: immunochromatography, enzyme linked immunofluorescent assays and agglutination techniques /C.L. Baylis --Immunological techniqeus: ELISA --Genetic techniques: PCR, NASBA, hybridisation and microarrays /K. Sanderson,D. Nichols --Genetic techniques: molecular subtyping methods /C. Fitzgerald,B. Swaminathan --New biosensors for microbiological analysis of food /G. Volpe,G. Palleschi --The use of applied systematics to identify foodborne pathogens /M. Uyttendaele,J. Debevere.
- Detection of bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi 2010, SpringerPart 1. BIOTERRORISM PREVENTION -- Bioterrorism: A Potential Weapon for Terrorist Attacks Through Food and Water Contamination: Evolution of Our Understanding of the Use of Chemical and Bacteriological Weapons / Vincenzo Costigliola and Franco Quagliata -- Detection and Quantification of Bacteria and Fungi Using Solid-Phase Cytometry / Lies ME Vanhee, Eva D'Haese, Ils Cools, Hans J Nelis and Tom Coenye -- Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping of Akounq Groundwater Body, Armenia / Vahram Vardanyan and Artashes Aginian -- Part 2. BACTERIA DIAGNOSTIC TESTS -- Methods for Detection of Shiga-Toxin Producing Escherichia coli (STEC) / Jordan Madic -- Genetic Diversity of Enterococci in Bryndza Cheese / Roman Dušinský, Anna Belicová, Libor Ebringer, Dušan Jurkovič and Lívia Križková, et al. -- Salmonella Infections / Constantine Arvanitakis -- Molecular Diagnostics of Staphylococcus aureus / Jiří Doškař, Roman Pantůček, Vladislava Růžičková and Ivo Sedláček -- Molecular Methods to Detect Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis in Foods / Marisa Manzano, Lucilla Iacumin, Cristina Giusto and Giuseppe Comi -- Control of Listeria monocytogenes in San Daniele Dry Cured Ham by Different Technologies: Reduction of L. Monocytogenes in Dry Cured Ham / Lucilla Iacumin, Marisa Manzano, Milena Osualdini, Carlo Cantoni and Giuseppe Comi -- Part 3. VIRAL INFECTIONS -- Epidemiology and Diagnosis of Hepatitis B in the Mediterranean Region and Elsewhere / Nurdan Tözün, Özdal Ersoy, Fatih Eren and Veysel Tahan -- Hepatitis E Virus (HEV) - An Emerging Viral Pathogen / Avrelija Cencič and Walter Chingwaru -- Dengue Virus Diagnostics / Evgeni Eltzov, Danit Atias, Levi Gheber and Robert S. Marks -- Part 4. PARASITES AND FUNGI -- Infectious Forms of Parasites in Food: Man Embedded in Ecosystems / Eduardo Dei-Cas, Cécile-Marie Aliouat, Gabriela Certad, Colette Creusy and Karine Guyot -- Unusual Developmental Pattern of Expression of Enzymes Involved in DNA Biosynthesis in Trichinella spiralis and Trichinella pseudospiralis / Magdalena Dąbrowska, Barbara Gołos, Elżbieta Wałajtys-Rode, Patrycja Wińska and Joanna Cieśla, et al. -- Immunodulation and Helminths: Towards New Strategies for Treatment of Immune-Mediated Diseases? / Fabrizio Bruschi, Lorena Chiumiento and Gianfranco Del Prete -- Parasites and Oncogenesis with a Special Reference to Gastro-Intestinal Neoplasia Induced by Cryptosporidium parvum / C Creusy, G Certad, K Guyot and E Dei-Cas -- Smart Biosensors for Determination of Mycotoxines / Lyubov Yotova, Ivo Grabchev, Rossica Betcheva and Dessislava Marinkova.
- Detection technologies for chemical warfare agents and toxic vapors 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Introduction : how the detection, assessment, diagnosis and monitoring of caries integrate with personalized caries management / Pitts, N.B. -- Clinical visual caries detection / Topping, G.V.A., Pitts, N.B. -- Traditional lesion detection aids / Neuhaus, K.W. ... [et al.] -- Novel lesion detection aids / Neuhaus, K.W. ... [et al.] -- Lesion activity assessment / Ekstrand, K.R. ... [et al.] -- Patient caries risk assessment / Twetman, S., Fontana, M. -- Dentition and lesion history / Eggertsson, H., Ferreira-Zandona, A. -- Assessing patients' health behaviours : essential steps for motivating patients to adopt and maintain behaviours conducive to oral health / Freeman, R., Ismail, A. -- Personalized treatment planning / Pitts, N.B., Richards, D. -- Background level care / Pitts, N.B. -- Traditional preventive treatment options / Longbottom, C., Ekstrand, K.R., Zero, D.T. -- Novel preventive treatment options / Longbottom, C. ... [et al.] -- Traditional operative treatment options / Ricketts, D.N.J., Pitts, N.B. -- Novel operative treatment options / Ricketts, D.N.J., Pitts, N.B. -- Recall, reassessment and monitoring / Clarkson, J.E. ... [et al.] -- Implementation : improving caries detection, assessment, diagnosis and monitoring / Pitts, N.B -- Glossary of key terms / Longbottom, C. ... [et al.].
- Determinants of minority mental health and wellness 2009, SpringerHealth and wellness / Susan Hatters Friedman, Joy Stankowski, and Martha Sajatovic -- City living and mental health in history / Sandro Galea, Emily Goldmann, and Andrea Maxwell -- Mental health, mental health courts, and minorities / Lara Nochomovitz and Franklin J. Hickman -- Migration and mental health / Sana Loue -- Media, minorities, and the stigma of mental illness / Sandra S. Swantek -- Minority mental health and wellness: a perspective from health care systems / Siran M. Koroukian -- Social support, mental health, minorities, and acculturative stress / Deborah Goebert -- Religion and mental health among minorities and immigrants in the U.S. / Anahí Viladrich and Ana F. Abraído-Lanza -- Cultural considerations regarding perspectives on mental illness and healing / Declan T. Barry and Mark Beitel -- Gender and minority mental health: the case of body image / Laura Simonelli and Leslie J. Heinberg -- Family determinants of minority mental health and wellness / Stevan Weine and Saif Siddiqui -- Family-focused psychoeducational programs for minorities with serious mental illness / Amy Weismann de Mamani ... [et al.] -- Socioeconomic status: risks and resilience / Lara M Stepleman, Dustin E. Wright, and Kathryn A. Bottonari -- Psychiatric genetics: an update / Prashant Gajwani -- Substance abuse in minority populations / W.A. Vega and A. G. Gil -- Neurocognitive testing of minorities in mental health settings / Amir Poreh and Alya Sultan -- Stress and resilience / AnnaMaria Aguirre McLaughlin, Lisa Stines Doane, Alice L. Costiuc and Norah C. Feeney -- Methodological challenges in research on the determinants of minority mental health and wellness / Peter Guarnaccia.
- Determination of chemical elements in food 2007, Wiley
- Basic terms and concepts -- Statistical power analysis -- Confidence intervals: measures of precision -- Computer-intensive methods -- Additional considerations, recommendations, and conclusions -- Worked examples.
- Detoxication and drug metabolism ScienceDirect
- Deutsche Gesellschaft für Chirurgie 1933-1945 SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Introduction to the developing human -- The beginning of human development: first week -- Formation of bilaminar embryonic disc: second week -- Formation of germ layers and early tissue and organ differentiation: third week -- Organogenetic period: fourth to eighth weeks -- The fetal period: ninth week to birth -- the placenta and fetal membranes -- Body cavities, mesenteries, and diaphragm -- The pharyngeal apparatus -- The respiratory system -- The digestive system -- The urogenital system -- The cardiovascular system -- The skeletal system -- The muscular system -- The limbs -- The nervous system -- The eye and ear -- The integumentary system -- Congenital anatomical anomalies or human birth defects -- Common signaling pathways used during development.
- Introduction to the developing human -- First week of human development -- Second week of human development -- Third week of human development -- Fourth to eighth weeks of human development -- Ninth week to birth: the fetal period -- Placenta and fetal membranes -- Body cavities and diaphragm -- Pharyngeal apparatus, face, and neck -- Respiratory system -- Alimentary system -- Urogenital system -- Cardiovascular system -- Skeletal system -- Muscular system -- Development of limbs -- Nervous system -- Development of eyes and ears -- Integumentary system -- Human birth defects -- Common signaling pathways used during development.
- Developing probiotics as food and drugs Lane Catalog record
- Developing solid oral dosage forms. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Developing testis 2003, Karger
- Development and application of biomarkers 2011, CRCnetBASE"A comprehensive assessment of biomarkers, this book covers the history and current status of the application of biomarkers in diagnostics and prognostics. It explores the technology used for the study of biomarkers, and the validation of biomarkers including a comparison of the various technologies used to identify and measure biomarkers. The editors emphasize the technology underlying biomarkers and the translation of basic science to clinical laboratory technology, including the commercial development of biomarkers. The book also covers proteomics and proteomic technologies and their applications in the identification of biomarkers"--Provided by publisher.
- Dahlin's Bone tumors. 6th ed. ..........
- — Development and application of biomar...
- Development and causality ..............
- — Dietary supplements of plant origin ....
- Differences in death rates among Cali...
- — Dose finding by the continual reasses...
- Dose finding in drug development .......
- — Dystonia 4 .............................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases