- Obesity : dietary and developmental influences — Omega-6/3 fatty acids : functions, sustainability, strategies, and perspectives (125)
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle — Optic nerve disorders : diagnosis and management. Second edition. [2nd ed.] (125)
- Optical coherence tomography — Orthopedic traumatology : a resident's guide. 2nd ed. (125)
- Orthopedic traumatology : an evidence-based approach — Ozone : a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (123)
- 2006 CRCnetBASEGail Woodward-Lopez ... [et al.].
- 2016 SpringerRobin P. Blackstone.
- 2016 SpringerShamim I. Ahmad, Syed Khalid Imam, editors.1. White Adipose Tissues: Beyond Fat Storage -- 2. Brown Adipose Tissue and Obesity -- 3. Long-Chain Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids and Obesity -- 4. Leptin and Obesity -- 5. Role of Neuro-Endocrine System in Obesity -- 6. Oxidative Stress and Obesity -- 7. Genetics of Obesity -- 8. Obesity and Coronary Heart Disease -- 9. Obesity and Diabetes -- 10. Obesity and Breathing Related Sleep Disorder -- 11. Gastro-Oesophageal Reflux Disease and Obesity: Pathophysiology and Putative Treatment -- 12. Obesity and Gastrointestinal Disorder in Children -- 13. Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver Disease in Obesity -- 14. Obesity, Cardiometabolic Risk, and Chronic Kidney Disease -- 15. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and Obesity -- 16. Obesity and Cancer -- 17. Obesity and Thyroid Cancer -- 18. Depression and Obesity -- 19. Obesity in Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery -- 20. New Technology in the Assessment and Treatment of Obesity -- 21. Obstetrical Risk in Obesity -- 22. Bariatric Surgery in Obesity -- 23. Decoding the Code: Underlying Physiological Mechanisms of Bariatric Surgery -- 24. Infant Nutrition and Obesity -- 25. Disordered Eating and Obesity -- 26. Physical Activity in Obesity and Diabetes -- 27. Obesity Prevention in Young Children.
- 2005 Kargervolume editors, Simone Munsch, Christoph Beglinger.Control of Food Intake / Gutzwiller, J.-P.; Beglinger, C. (Basel) -- Regulation of Body Weight / Langhans, W.; Geary, N. (Zurich) -- Epidemiology and Symptomatology of Obesity / Wechsler, J.G. (Munchen); Leopold, K. (Lausanne); Bischoff, G. (Munchen) -- Etiology of Obesity / Vogele, C. (London) -- Treatment Options of Obesity: Behavioral Weight Control / Laessle, R.G. (Trier) -- Pharmacological Management of Obesity / Bray, G.A. (Baton Rouge, La.) -- Surgical Treatment of Morbid Obesity / Muller, M.K.; Weber, M. (Zurich) -- Treatment of Obese Children / Braet, C. (Ghent) -- Binge Eating Disorder: A New Eating Disorder or an Epiphenomenon of Obesity? / Tuschen-Caffier, B.; Schlussel, C. (Bielefeld) -- Course, Etiology, and Maintenance of Binge Eating Disorder / Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- The Psychological and Pharmacological Treatment of Binge Eating Disorder. An Overview / Biedert, E. (Basel) -- Binge Eating Disorder in Childhood - What Do We Know About It? / Munsch, S. (Basel); Hilbert, A. (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Binge Eating Disorder: Specific and Common Features. A Comprehensive Overview / Munsch, S.; Dubi, K. (Basel)
- 2014 SpringerKristy A. Brown, Evan R. Simpson.Obesity is a risk factor for breast cancer in older women. A number of adipose-derived and obesity-related factors have been shown to affect tumour cell growth. These include adipokines, insulin, IGF-1 and oestrogens. The majority of obesity-related postmenopausal breast cancers are oestrogen-dependent. Since the ovaries no longer produce oestrogens after menopause, and that circulating levels are negligible, it is evident that it is the oestrogens produced locally within the breast adipose that are responsible for the increased growth of breast cancer cells. Aromatase is the enzyme that converts androgens into oestrogens and its regulation is dependent on the activity of a number of tissue-specific promoters.Targeting oestrogen biosynthesis in obesity may be useful for the prevention of breast cancer.Aromatase inhibitors are efficacious at treating postmenopausal breast cancer and recent studies suggest that they may also be useful in the prevention setting. However, these compounds inhibit the catalytic activity of aromatase and as a consequence lead to a number of undesirable side-effects, including arthralgia and possible cognitive defects due to inhibition of aromatase in the bone and brain, respectively. Novel therapies, such as those employed to treat obesity-associated disease, including anti-diabetics, may prove successful at inhibiting aromatase specifically within the breast.This SpringerBrief will explore all of these issues in depth and the authorsare in a unique position to write about this topic,havingextensive experience in the field of aromatase research.
- 2006 Springeredited by Christos S. Mantzoros.Obesity and diabetes: the historical events marking the evolution of the understanding of the pathophysiology and treatment of two related diseases / George Karanastasis and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Epidemiology of obesity and diabetes: prevalence and trends / Susanna C. Larsson and Alicja Wolk -- Genetics of obesity and diabetes / Despina Sanoudou and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Nutrients and peripherally secreted molecules in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, Diana Barb, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Central integration of peripheral signals in regulation of energy homeostasis / Greeshma K. Shetty, George Karanastasis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Role of energy expenditure in regulation of energy homeostasis / Eric S. Bachman -- Pathophysiology of diabetes in obesity / Geetha R. Soodini and Osama Hamdy -- Diagnosing obesity, diabetes mellitus and the insulin resistance syndrome / Diana Barb and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Metabolic syndrome / Rochelle L. Chaiken and Mary Ann Banerji -- Obesity, diabetes, and hypertension / Anjanette S. Tan ... [et al.] -- Dyslipidemia associated with diabetes and insulin resistance syndromes / Jody Dushay and J. Peter Oettgen -- Obesity, diabetes, and endothelial dysfunction / Geetha R. Soodini, Edward S. Horton, and Osama Hamdy -- Atherosclerosis and peripheral vascular disease: sequelae of obesity and diabetes / Satish N. Nadig and Allen Hamdan -- Obesity, diabetes, and risk of cancer: a review of epidemiological studies / Susanna C. Larsson, Hans-Olov Adami, and Alicja Wolk -- Polycystic ovary syndrome a and its metabolic complications / Emilia P. Liao and Leonid Poretsky -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes mellitus in childhood and adolescence / Susann Blüher and Wieland Kiess -- Diabetic retinopathy / Vassiliki Poulaki and Joan W. Miller -- Obesity and renal disease / Ayman Geneidy and Richard Solomon -- Diabetic peripheral neuropathy / Rachel Nardin and Roy Freeman -- The diabetic foot / Thanh L. Dinh and Aristidis Veves -- Erectile dysfunction / Kenneth J. Snow -- Infections in diabetes mellitus / Sotirios Tsiodras ... [et al.] -- The HAART-induced metabolic syndrome / Sotirios Tsiodras, Theodore Kelesidis, and Christos S. Mantzoros -- Diet and lifestyle in the prevention and management of type 2 diabetes / Frank B. Hu -- Diet, exercise, and behavioral treatment of obesity / George L. Blackburn -- Medical approaches to the treatment of the obese patient / George A. Bray and Donna H. Ryan -- Medical treatment of the obese patient with type 2 diabetes / Jean L. Chan, Christos S. Mantzoros and Martin J. Abrahamson -- Surgical treatment of obesity and diabetes / Benjamin E. Schneider and Edward C. Mun -- Future developments in the area of pharmacotherapy: molecules in early-stage preclinical development and in clinical trials that may affect energy homeostasis / Diana Barb, Greeshma K. Shetty, and Christos S. Mantzoros.
- 2015 SpringerJoel Faintuch, Salomão Faintuch, editors.This timely and clinically oriented book uniquely addresses the entire spectrum of treatment for severe obesity and diabetes. It thoroughly examines all aspects from robotic surgery to cell therapy, from the latest antidiabetic drugs to endoscopic procedures and devices, from appetite-inhibiting signals and nutrients to gastric arterial embolization. It offers objective and authoritative information for practicing professionals; not only are successful interventions discussed and updated, but cutting-edge and experimental pathways are also anticipated. Obesity is the foremost nutritional challenge worldwide. Its companion is type-2 diabetes, the most prevalent metabolic disease. Together they represent the diabesity epidemic, which is draining resources, overwhelming healthcare facilities, and impacting life expectancy and quality of life everywhere. No country has been spared, and most medical specialties have been affected. Many books focus on the surgical options for obesity and diabetes, namely bariatric and metabolic operations. Information on the clinical and pharmacological treatment is also available, conveyed by standard texts on internal medicine and endocrinology. Yet endoscopic maneuvers and prostheses, cell therapy for diabetes, and other innovative approaches are hard to come by, as conventional texts overlook such therapies. This timely publication bridges the gaps between all different therapeutic options, also covering advances in the conservative, surgical and parasurgical domains. This book will appeal to seasoned specialists, students and healthcare professionals in training alike.
- 2015 SpringerEmily S. Jungheim, editor.Introduction to Obesity and Fertility -- Obesity and the HPO axis -- Childhood and Adolescent Obesity: Implications for Reproductive Health and Function -- Nutrition in Human Fertility -- Preconceptional Obesity and Fetal Outcomes?Transdisciplinary Evidence for Obesity?s Effects on Fertility -- Fertility Treatment Outcomes in Obese Women -- Early Pregnancy in Obese Women -- Obesity in Pregnancy -- Contraceptive Counseling in Obese Women -- Obesity and Ovarian Aging (Diminished Ovarian Reserve and Menopause) -- Obesity, Reproductive Outcomes, and Access to Infertility Treatments: A Clinical and Ethical Debate -- Surgical Interventions and Reproductive Function in Obese Women -- Conclusions: Establishing an Ethically and Medically Sound Framework for Integrating BMI Limits Into Infertility Care for Obese Women.
- 2013 SpringerAnne E. Dixon, Emmanuelle M. Clerisme-Beaty, editors.As a result of the rapidly growing rate of obesity worldwide, clinicians are struggling to provide the best strategies for treating obese patients with concomitant pulmonary conditions. Obesity does not simply change the epidemiology of pulmonary disease; obesity has a profound impact on the pathophysiology of common pulmonary diseases. Obesity affects the severity of asthma, response to treatment, and is likely a major modifier of the phenotype of asthma. Obesity also appears to affect response to pathogens, and as such has a major influence on response to pneumonia, and has a significant impact on outcomes pertaining to acute lung injury in the intensive care unit. Obesity and Lung Disease: A Guide to Management is the first text in the field to cover the full range of issues related to managing obese patients with pulmonary problems.
- 2008. Kargervolume editor, Márta Korbonits.Monogenic human obesity / Farooqi, I.S. -- Polygenic contribution to obesity : genome-wide strategies reveal new targets / Korner, A. ... [et al.] -- Genetic obesity syndromes / Goldstone, A.P., Beales, P.L. -- Fetal and neonatal pathways to obesity / Gluckman, P.D. ... [et al.] -- Developmental origins of obesity and the metabolic syndrome : the role of maternal obesity / Armitage, J.A., Poston, L., Taylor, P.D. -- Childhood obesity / Sabin, M.A., Shield, J.P.H. -- Obesity in old age / McPhee Chapman, I. -- Models of obesity in large animals and birds / Clarke, I.J. -- The [beta]-cell in type 2 diabetes and in obesity / Rutter, G.A., Parton, L.E. -- Role of the endocannabinoid system in energy balance regulation and obesity / Cota, D. -- 11[beta]-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 and obesity / Morton, N.M., Seckl, J.R. -- Gut and hormones and obesity / Wren, A.M. -- Adipokines in obesity / Ahima, R.S., Osei, S.Y. -- The role of AMP-activated protein kinase in obesity / Kola, B., Grossman, A.B., Korbonits, M. -- Classical endocrine diseases causing obesity / Weaver, J.U. -- Emerging concepts in the medical and surgical treatment of obesity / Aylwin, S., Al-Zaman, Y. -- The sociology of obesity / Rosengren, A., Lissner, L. -- Obesity in art--a brief overview / Woodhouse, R.
- 2006 Kargervolume editor, Gunter Wolf.Obesity and chronic kidney disease / Kramer, H. -- Obesity and kidney transplantation / Srinivas, T.R., Meier-Kriesche H.-U. -- Body mass index and the risk of chronic renal failure: the Asian experience / Iseki, K. -- Obesity paradox in patients on maintenance dialysis / Kalantar-Zadeh, K., Kopple, J.D. -- Adipose tissue as an endocrine organ: a nephrologists' perspective / Chudek, J. ... [et al.] -- Renal handling of adipokines / Kataoka, H., Sharma, K. -- Lipid metabolism and renal disease / Abrass, C.K. -- Role of the renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system in the metabolic syndrome / Engeli, S. -- Functional and structural renal changes in the early stages of obesity / Thakur, V., Morse, S., Reisin, E. -- Leptin as a proinflammatory cytokine / Lord, G.M. -- Adipose tissue and inflammation in chronic kidney disease / Axelsson, J., Heimbürger, O., Stenvinkel, P. -- Leptin and renal fibrosi / Wolf, G., Ziyadeh, F.N. -- Obesity and renal hemodynamics / Bosma, R.J. ... [et al.] -- Insulin resistance and renal disease / Fliser, D., Kielstein, J.T., Menne, J. -- Treatment of obesity: a challenging task / Sharma, A.M., Iacobellis, G. -- Weight loss and proteinuria / Praga, M., Morales, E. -- Treatment of arterial hypertension in obese patients / Wenzel, U.O., Krebs, C. -- Bariatric surgery / Korenkov, M.
- 2016 SpringerSanjay Agrawal, editor.Section I. Obesity and metabolic syndrome -- Section II. Introduction to bariatric surgery -- Section III. Perioperative assessment for bariatric surgery -- Section IV. Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass (LRYGB): techniques, complications, outcomes, and controversies -- Section V. Laparoscopic Sleeve Gastrectomy (LSG): technique, complications, outcomes, and controversies -- Section VI. Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Banding (LAGB): technique, complications, outcomes and controversies -- Section VII. Advances in minimally invasive bariatric surgery -- Section VIII. Revisional bariatric surgery -- Section IX. Other operations for obesity -- Section X. Endoscopic approaches in obesity and bariatric surgery -- Section XI. Metabolic effects of bariatric surgery -- Section XII. Training, reporting, and practice in bariatric surgery -- Section XIII. Miscellaneous topics -- Section XIV. Special topics.
- 2011 Springeredited by Robert H. Lustig.
- 2014 SpringerWanda Nicholson, Kesha Baptiste-Roberts, editors.Section I. Introduction -- 1. Introduction: Breaking the Cycle of Obesity in Mothers and Children -- 2. Obesity and infertility -- 3. Preconception and Pregnancy Care in Overweight or Obese Women -- 4. hared Decision-Making and Labor Management in Parturients -- Section II. Translating the Metabolism of Pregnancy -- 5. Epidemiologic Trends and Maternal Factors Predicting Postpartum Weight -- 6. Relationship between depressive mood and maternal obesity- implications for postpartum depression -- 7. Body Image as a Contributor to Weight in Pregnancy and Postpartum -- Section III. The Event -- 8. Promoting a Healthy Weight After Delivery -- 9. Obesity and Physical Activity During Pregnancy and Postpartum: Evidence, Guidelines, and Recommendations -- 10. Maternal obesity, gestational weight gain, and childhood growth in the first year of life -- Section IV. Meeting the Challenges -- 11. ernal Obesity and Implications for the Long-term Health of the Offspring -- 12. Family- centered interventions to reduce maternal and child obesity -- 13. Obesity Screening Recommendations and Emerging Policies.
- 2014 CRCnetBASEedited by Rexford S. Ahima.The book provides a comprehensive perspective on the subject of obesity epidemiology, pathophysiology, and management of obesity. The chapters provide a better understanding of obesity and obesity-related diseases and offer an integrative framework for individualized dietary and exercise programs, behavior modification, pharmaceutical approaches, surgery, and population interventions to reduce the growing epidemic of obesity.
- 2013 CRCnetBASEedited by Debasis Bagchi, Harry G. Preuss."The spread of obesity has been declared a worldwide epidemic by the World Health Organization (WHO). In fact, a new term, globesity, has been coined to describe the recent upsurge of overweight and obesity throughout the world's population. How severe is the problem? According to WHO, worldwide obesity has more than double since 1980. In 2008, 1.5 billion adults, 20 and older, were overweight . Of these over 200 million men and 300 million women were obese. 65% of the world's population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight . Furthermore, nearly 43 million children under the age of five were underweight in 2010 "-- Provided by publisher.
- 2007edited by Debasis Bagchi, Harry G. Preuss.Epidemiology of obesity -- Epidemiology of obesity: a global burden for the new millennium -- Environmental estrogens, endocrine disruption, and obesity -- Cigarette smoking, inflammation, and obesity -- Disordered eating as a correlate in the development of obesity -- Role of neurotransmitters in obesity regulation -- Neurobiology of obesity -- Leptin as a vasoactive adipokine: link between metabolism and vasculature -- Overview of ghrelin, appetite, and energy balance -- Molecular genetics of obesity syndrome: role of DNA methylation -- Oxidative stress status in humans with metabolic syndrome -- Obesity and type 2 diabetes -- Angiogenesis-targeted redox-based therapeutics -- Obesity as an occult risk factor for drug and chemical toxicities -- Adipose drug targets for obesity treatment -- Safety of obesity drugs -- The fundamental role of physical activity and exercise in weight management -- Nutritional and dietary approaches for weight management: an overview -- Gender differences in body fat utilization during weight gain, loss, or maintenance -- Appetite, body weight, health implications of a low-glycemic-load diet -- Beyond obesity prevention: the anti-aging effects of caloric restriction -- Dietary supplement carbohydrate digestion inhibitors: a review of the literature -- Vegetarian diet in the prevention and treatment of obesity -- The Atkins paradigm -- Polyphenols from fruits and vegetables in weight management and obesity control -- Chromium (III) in promoting weight loss and lean body mass -- An overview on (-)-hydroxycitric acid in obesity regulation -- A review of the safety and efficacy of citrus aurantium in weight management -- Conjugated linoleic acid and weight control: from the biomedical immune viewpoint -- The role of tea in weight management -- Laboratory and clinical studies of chitosan -- Phaseolus vulgaris and a-amylase inhibition -- Glucomannan in weight loss: a review of the evidence -- Role of caralluma fumbriata in weight management -- Role of medium-chain triglycerides in weight management -- Anti-obesity by marine lipids -- Dairy foods, calcium, and weight management -- Lessons from the use of ephedra products as dietary supplements -- Dietary supplementation in weight loss: a dietitian's perspective -- Treatment and prevention of childhood obesity and associated metabolic diseases -- Bariatric surgery in obesity and reversal of metabolic disorders.
- 2013 SpringerAndrew J. Dannenberg, Nathan A. Berger, editors.In addition to their metabolic and endocrinologic effects, obesity and adipose tissue have now been shown to be associated with chronic low grade inflammation resulting in cellular and humoral factors of which the latter may act by endocrine, paracrine and autocrine mechanisms. These inflammatory mediators have increasingly been suggested as contributing to the obesity link to carcinogenesis and cancer promotion. Obesity, Inflammation and Cancer focuses on recent developments and cutting edge research pointing to inflammation and inflammatory factors as key mediators of this linkage. It also describes possible strategies for targeting inflammation as an approach to cancer prevention and control. Students, researchers and clinicians, especially those interested in the relation of obesity to cancer and the role of inflammation and its impact on cancer, will find this volume particularly useful. It provides important insight on the role of inflammation in cancer etiology and progression and serve as a platform for developing future research in this area.
- Obesity management : the cardiovascular benefits : proceedings of a meeting held in Cannes, April 20052005 HighWireedited by W. Philip T. James, F. Van de Werf.Also available: Print – 2005
- 2006 SpringerThomas L. McKnight.
- 2012 Kargereditors, Adam Drewnowski, Barbara J. Rolls.Brain reorganization following weight loss / M. Rosenbaum, R.L. Leibel -- Physical activity and weight loss / J.M. Jakicic -- Dietary strategies for weight management / B.J. Rolls -- Targeting adipose tissue inflammation to treat the underlying basis of the metabolic complications of obesity / M.I. Goran, T. Alderete -- Summary discussion on obesity treatment : challenges and opportunities -- New directions for prevention -- The gut microbiome and obesity / M.A.J Hullar, J.W. Lampe -- Starting early : obesity prevention during infancy / L.L. Birch, S. Anzman-Frasca, I.M. Paul -- The economics of food choice behavior : why poverty and obesity are linked / A. Drewnowski -- The importance of the food and physical activity environments / J.M. Oppert, H. Charreire -- The importance of systems thinking of address obesity / D.T. Finegood -- Summary discussion on new directions for prevention.
- 2015 SpringerDebra S. Heller.1. Getting the best answer: specimen handling and a quick review of the workings of the pathology laboratory -- 2. Normal histology of the female genital tract -- 3. Diseases of the vulva and anal neoplasia -- 4. Diseases of the vagina and urethra -- 5. Diseases of the cervix -- 6. Diseases of the endometrium -- 7. Diseases of the myometrium -- 8. Diseases of the fallopian tube -- 9. Diseaes of the ovary -- 10. Diseases of the broad ligaments and peritoneum -- 11. Pathology of the female genital tract related to pregnancy -- 12. Pathology of the placenta -- 13. Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia -- 14. Gynecologic cytology -- Index.
- 2017 ClinicalKey[edited by] Amanda Mularz, Steven Dalati, Ryan Pedigo.Top 100 secrets -- The menstrual cycle -- Premenstrual syndrome and dysmenorrhea -- Abnormal uterine bleeding -- Endometriosis and adenomyosis -- Leiomyomatous uterus -- Anovulation -- Female sexual dysfunction -- Menopause -- Benign lesions of the vulva and vagina -- Lower genital tract infections -- Pelvic inflammatory disease -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Induced abortion -- Contraception -- Benign adnexal masses -- Acute and chronic pelvic pain -- Urinary incontinence -- Pelvic organ prolapse -- Breast disease -- Intimate partner violence -- Puberty -- Amenorrhea -- Infertility -- Ovulation induction and in vitro fertilization -- Spontaneous abortion and recurrent pregnancy loss -- Hirsutism and polycystic ovarian syndrome -- Precancerous lesions of the lower genital tract -- Vulvar and vaginal cancer -- Cervical cancer -- Endometrial hyperplasia and uterine cancer -- Ovarian cancer -- Gestational trophoblastic disease -- Normal physiology of pregnancy -- Pathophysiology of the placenta -- Preconception counseling -- Comprehensive prenatal care -- Nutrition and exercise in pregnancy -- Obstetric ultrasound -- Prenatal diagnosis -- Antepartum fetal surveillance -- Genetics in pregnancy -- Cervical insufficiency and cerclage -- Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy -- Disorders of fetal growth -- Amniotic fluid disorders -- Alloimmunization -- Renal disease in pregnancy -- Pregestational and gestational diabetes -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Thyroid disease in pregnancy -- Autoimmune diseases in pregnancy -- Neurologic issues in pregnancy -- Pulmonary disease in pregnancy -- Cardiovascular disease in pregnancy -- Infections in pregnancy -- Surgery during pregnancy -- Trauma in pregnancy -- Alcohol and drug abuse during pregnancy -- Obesity in pregnancy -- Multiple gestation -- Labor and vaginal delivery -- Intrapartum fetal surveillance -- Cesarean delivery and vaginal birth after cesarean delivery -- Obstetric anesthesia -- Preterm labor and preterm premature rupture of membranes -- Placenta previa and placental abruption -- Malpresentation -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Newborn resuscitation -- Postpartum care.
- 2007 SpringerNaoyuki Osaka, Ingo Rentschler, Irving Biederman (eds.).Object recognition. Occlusion awaits disclosure / Gijs Plomp, Cees van Leeuwen -- Functional MRI evidence for neural plasticity at early stages of visual processing in humans / Sophie Schwartz -- Pattern recognition in direct and indirect view / Hans Strasburger, Ingo Rentschler -- Part based strategies for visual categorisation and object recognition / Martin Juttner -- Recent psychophysical and neural research in shape recognition / Irving Biederman -- Object recognition in humans and machines / ChristianWallraven, Heinrich H. Bulthoff -- Prior knowledge and learning in 3D object recognition / Markus Gschwind, Hans Brettel, Ingo Rentschler -- Neural representation of faces in human visual cortex : the roles of attention, emotion, and viewpoint / Patrik Vuilleumier -- Attention. Object recognition : attention and dual routes / Volker Thoma, Jules Davidoff -- Interactions between shape perception and egocentric localization / Hiroyuki Sogo, Naoyuki Osaka -- Feature binding in visual working memory / Jun Saiki -- Biased competition and cooperation : a mechanism of mammalian visual recognition? / Gustavo Deco, Martin Stetter, Miruna Szabo -- Action. Influence of visual motion on object localisation in perception and action / Hiroshi Ashida -- Neural substrates of action imitation studied by fMRI / Shigeki Tanaka -- Two types of anticipatory timing mechanisms in synchronization tapping / Yoshihiro Miyake, Yohei Onishi, Ernst Poppel.
- Objective monitoring of physical activity : contributions of accelerometry to epidemiology, exercise science and rehabilitation2016 SpringerRoy J. Shephard, Catrine Tudor-Locke, editors.
- Objective structured clinical examinations : 10 steps to planning and implementing OSCEs and other standardized patient exercises2013 SpringerSondra Zabar, Elizabeth Krajic Kachur, Adina Kalet, Kathleen Hanley, editors.Objective structured clinical examinations (OSCEs) and other exercises that utilize standardized patients (SPs) can simulate actual clinician-patient encounters with great impact. They are one of the most effective methods for training and assessing competencies across undergraduate, (post)graduate, and continuing health professions education. However, organizing such programs requires strong leadership and the collaboration of many key individuals for planning and implementation. This book, Objective Structured Clinical Exams: 10 Steps to Planning and Implementing OSCEs and other Standardized Patient Exercises, serves as a comprehensive how-to manual and addresses the need for best practice guidelines. It contains a review of relevant literature, pointers for designing OSCE cases, tips on recruiting and training standardized patients, and it describes innovative uses of standardized patients for remediation and assessment in clinical settings. Charts, graphs, and sample forms are included to make this a singular resource for any educator interested in creating or improving OSCEs and other standardized patient programs.
- 1980-Janet T. E. Riddle, Joan Dinner ; foreword by Margaret W. Thomson.--v.1, The structure of the body: cells, tissues and skin; case histories and questions based on nursing care of gastro-enteritis, undernutrition and infestation ; v.2, The skeletal system and the muscular system ; v.3, The circulatory system and the respiratory system ; v.4, The digestive system and the urinary system
- v. 1-3, 5, 1965-67, 1971.Carlos J. Finlay.
- v.3, 1964.Razetti, Luis.1. Deontología médica -- 2. Divulgacion -- 3. Biologia -- 4. Cirugia -- 5. Obstetricia -- 6. Higene y medicina social -- 7. Anatomia y varios.
- v. 1., 1963-aus dem Lateinischen übers. von Günther Goldschmidt ; bearb. und hrsg. von Heinrich Buess.1. Buch. Funktionelle Störungen des Sinnes und der Bewegung.
- 2008 CRCnetBASEAlan M. Polansky.
- 2015 SpringerLieuwe De Haan, Frederike Schirmbeck, Mathias Zink, editors.This book summarizes scientific advances in our understanding of the interrelationship between obsessive-compulsive symptoms (OCS) and schizophrenia and reflects on the implications for future research directions. In addition, guidelines are provided on practical assessment, diagnosis, and treatment interventions, covering both pharmacotherapy and psychotherapy. Full account is taken of the fact that the variable clinical presentation regarding time of onset and course of OCS in patients with schizophrenia strongly suggests the need for a perspective that recognizes heterogeneous subgroups and diverse neurobiological explanations. Research-based multidimensional conceptual frameworks are accordingly provided relating to the co-occurrence of the disorders, incorporating recent epidemiological, neurocognitive, neurogenetic, and pharmacodynamic findings. Obsessive-Compulsive Symptoms in Schizophrenia has been written by an international team of experts who offer insights gained through their extensive experience. It will be an invaluable guide to this frequent and clinically important comorbidity and will be particularly useful for mental health practitioners.
- 2008 ClinicalKey[edited by] Martin Black [and others].Obstetrics -- Hormonal changes during puberty, pregnancy, and the menopause -- Perimenstrual skin eruptions, autoimmune progesterone dermatitis, autoimmune estrogen dermatitis -- Physiologic skin changes of pregnancy -- Systematic approach to the dermatoses of pregnancy -- Pemphigoid (herpes) gestations -- Polymorphic eruption of pregnancy -- Intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy -- Atopic eruption of pregnancy -- Papular and pruritic dermatoses of pregnancy -- Effect of pregnancy on other skin disorders -- Connective tissue diseases in pregnancy -- Infectious diseases in pregnancy -- Gynecologic dermatology -- Vulvar anatomy -- Lichen sclerosus -- Lichen planus -- Vulvar pruritus and lichen simplex chronicus -- Vulvar dermatoses: papulosquamous diseases -- Vulvar dermatoses: the eczematous diseases -- Skin-colored and red papules and nodules -- Pustules, vesicles, bullae, and erosions -- Vulvar ulcers -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Vulvar neoplasms and cysts -- Vaginitis -- Vulvar edema -- Pediatric vulvar disorders -- Vulvodynia.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyKaren L. Reuter, John P. McGahan.An outstanding title from the popular Case Review Series, Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound provides 119 case histories, with over 300 corresponding images, questions, answers, commentary, references, and more, to enhance your imaging interpretation skills in obstetric and gynecologic ultrasound. Its discussions incorporate the most recent knowledge from OB/GYN ultrasound literature, providing an excellent review for residents and practitioners alike. Turn to Obstetric and Gynecologic Ultrasound as excellent review for the Boards!Effectively prepare for certification, recertification, and practice with content that mimics the new format of board exams as well as the everyday clinical experience.
- Reuter, Karen L.
- Reuter, Karen L.
- 2013 Cambridge[edited by] Edwin Chandraharan, Sabaratnam Arulkumaran.Part I. General Principles: 1. Anatomic and physiologic changes during pregnancy Edwin Chandraharan; 2. Principles of resuscitation for maternal collapse Renate Wendler; Part II. Algorithms for Management of the Top Five 'Direct Killers': 3. Deep-vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism Tahrir A. Mahmood and Adnan Hasan; 4. Severe pre-eclampsia and eclampsia Lucy Higgins and Alexander Heazell; 5. Massive obstetric hemorrhage Edwin Chandraharan; 6. Septicemia and septic shock Austin Ugwumadu and Nicola Lack; 7. Amniotic fluid embolus Derek Tuffnell; Part III. Intrapartum Emergencies: 8. Uterine rupture Malik Goonewardene and M.F.M. Rameez; 9. Breech delivery Usama Abughazza and Edwin Chandraharan; 10. Umbilical cord prolapse Malik Goonewardene; 11. Fetal compromise: diagnosis and management Edwin Chandraharan; 12. Shoulder dystocia Edwin Chandraharan and Sabaratnam Arulkumaran; 13. Twin delivery Deepal S. Weerasekera; 14. Instrumental vaginal delivery Vikram Sinai Talaulikar and Sabaratnam Arulkumaran; 15. Emergency Cesarean section Chitra Ramanathan and Leonie Penna; 16. Unintended trauma during Cesarean section Usama Abughazza and Edwin Chandraharan; Part IV. Postpartum Emergencies: 17. Acute puerperal uterine inversion Hemantha Senanayake; 18. Sudden postpartum maternal collapse Amarnath Bhide; 19. Retained placenta Kapila Gunawardane; 20. Perineal trauma Stergios K. Doumouchtsis -- Part V. Medical and Surgical Emergencies During Pregnancy: 21. Chest pain and palpitations in pregnancy Siromi Gunaratne and Edwin Chandraharan; 22. Breathlessness Hassan Shehata; 23. Acute abdomen Archana Krishna and Edwin Chandraharan; 24. Blurring of vision and sudden loss of vision Anomi Pandotharatne and Edwin Chandraharan; 25. Psychiatric emergencies Andrew Kent and Lorraine Cleghorn; 26. Drug overdose Laksham Karaliedde and Indika Gawarammana; 27. Diabetic ketoacidosis in pregnancy Ingrid Watt-Coote and Julia Kopeika; 28. Convulsions and epilepsy Julia Kopeika and Ingrid Watt-Coote; 29. Musculoskeletal considerations in pregnancy Hiran Amarasekera; 30. Endocrine emergencies in pregnancy Manika Sumanatilekke; Part VI. Anesthetic Emergencies: 31. General anesthesia and failed intubation Christina Wood; 32. Fluid underload and overload Renate Wendler; 33. Transfusion and anaphylactic and drug reactions Rehana Iqbal; 34. Major trauma including RTAs Kirsty Crocker and Tim Patel; Part VII. Neonatal Emergencies and Resuscitation: 35. Neonatal emergencies and resuscitation Nigel Kennea, Justin Richards and Siromi Gunaratne; Part VIII. Management of Anticipated and Non-anticipated Emergencies: 36. Morbidly adherent placentae Edwin Chandraharan; 37. Peri- and post-mortem Cesarean section Edwin Chandraharan; Part IX. Setting-up Skills and Drills Training in Maternity Services: 38. Labor ward 'fire drills' Edwin Chandraharan; 39. Simulation training Polly Hughes; 40. Risk-management Jessica Moore.
- 2010 SpringerSanjay Datta, Bhavani Shankar Kodali, Scott Segal.
- 2006 SpringerSanjay Datta.
- 2009 SpringerArieh Ingber, foreword by Mark Lebwohl.
- 2016 SpringerAyres-De-Campos, Diogo.
- 2006 WHO
- 2012 ClinicalKey[edited by] Joshua A. Copel, Mary E. D'Alton, Eduard Gratacós, Lawrence D. Platt, Boris Tutschek, Helen Feltovich and Anthony O. Odibo."Obstetric Imaging will help you detect fetal abnormalities with greater confidence and accuracy. Covering MRI as well as ultrasound and interventional procedures, it equips you with expert tips for recognizing and addressing problems that you might otherwise miss. Obstetric Imaging provides the advanced guidance you need to recognize fetal health challenges early and respond effectively!"--Publisher's website.
- 2007. SpringerCatherine Nelson-Piercy and Joanna Girling.
- 2012Karen Schneider and Stephen Patrick.
- 2007[edited by] Steven G. Gabbe, Jennifer R. Niebyl, Joe Leigh Simpson ; associate editors, Henry Galan ... [et al.].
- v. 1-4, 1933.edited by Arthur Hale Curtis.
- 2009Karen M. Schneider, Stephen K. Patrick.
- 2006[edited by] Karen M. Schneider, Stephen K. Patrick.
- 2010 ClinicalKey[edited by] Michael Belden.Designed to teach you to think like a more experienced clinician, Obstetrics and Gynecology: A Competency-Based Companion, by Michael Belden, MD, places as much value on process as it does on content. This unique resource features a case-based organization that hones in on essential knowledge in obstetrics and gynecology. Its convenient pocket-sized format enables you to review the material on the go, and online access via Student Consult enhances your study of the material and exponentially boosts your reference power. Provides high-yield core information essential to rotations in a pocket-sized, portable format. Uses a color-coded system that places core information in a framework of the ACGME Core Competencies. Offers self-assessment activities throughout to promote retention and application of knowledge, including access on line to your own competency-based portfolio tools and competency-specific learning modules (Vertical Reads). Features ACGME Core Competencies enabling you to integrate evidence-based medicine, continual self-assessment, and cognizance of interpersonal skills into your daily routine. Includes features such as "Speaking Intelligently" and "Clinical Thinking" in each chapter to help you see the "big picture." Presents "Teaching Visuals"--An interactive teaching device designed to reinforce visual concepts. Equips you to perform a more in-depth review of obstetric and gynecological topics with "Clinical Entities" that link to top references in the field. Includes access to Student Consult at www.studentconsult.com, where you'll find the complete text and illustrations of the book online, fully searchable . "Integration Links" to bonus content in other Student Consult titles . Self-Assessment Competency Log . Professors Pearls that provide cases with questions and annotated answers . Vertical Reads . and much more!
- 2016Shireen Madani Sims.
- 2008editor, F. John Bourgeois ; associate editors, Megan Bray, Catherine Matthews.
- 2010American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology (ACOG) ; [edited by] Charles R.B. Beckmann ... [et al.].
- 2008editor, Samantha M. Pfeifer.
- 2006Charles R.B. Beckmann ... [et al.].Health care for women: obstetrics and gynecology as specialty and primary-preventive health care -- Ethics in obstetrics and gynecology -- Embryology, anatomy, and reproductive genetics -- Maternal-fetal physiology -- Antepartum care -- Intrapartum care -- Abnormal labor -- Intrapartum fetal surveillance -- Immediate care of the newborn -- Postpartum care -- Isoimmunization -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Postpartum infection -- Abortion -- Ectopic pregnancy -- Medical and surgical considerations of pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Multifetal gestation -- Fetal growth abnormalities -- Third-trimester bleeding -- Postterm pregnancy -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Obstetric procedures -- Contraception -- Sterilization -- Vulvitis and vaginitis -- Sexually transmitted diseases -- Pelvic relaxation, urinary incontinence, and urinary tract infection -- Endometriosis -- Dysmenorrhea and chronic pelvic pain -- Disorders of the breast -- Gynecologic procedures -- Reproductive cycle -- Puberty -- Amenorrhea and dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Hirsutism and virilization -- Menopause -- Infertility -- Premenstrual syndrome/premenstrual dysphoric disorder -- Cell biology and principles of cancer therapy -- Gestational trophoblastic neoplasia -- Vulvar and vaginal disease and neoplasia -- Cervical neoplasia and carcinoma -- Uterine leiomyoma and neoplasia -- Endometrial hyperplasia and cancer -- Ovarian and adnexal disease -- Human sexuality -- Sexual assault and domestic violence.
- 2012editor, Samantha M. Pfeifer.Endocrinology of Pregnancy -- Fetal Physiology -- Normal Pregnancy, the Puerperium, and Lactation -- Antepartum Care -- Identification of the High-Risk Pregnant Patient -- Prenatal Screening and Diagnosis: Obstetric Ultrasound and Genetic Testing -- Teratology -- Substance Abuse in Pregnancy -- Antepartum Bleeding -- Labor and Delivery -- Intrapartum Fetal Monitoring -- Operative Obstetrics -- Obstetric Anesthesia -- Postterm Pregnancy -- Preterm Labor -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Other Medical Complications of Pregnancy -- The Gynecologic Office Visit -- The Menstrual Cycle -- Pediatric and Adolescent Gynecology -- Müllerian Anomalies and Disorders of Sexual Development -- Amenorrhea -- Abnormal Uterine Bleeding -- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome -- Hirsutism and Hyperandrogenic Disorders -- Pelvic Pain -- Endometriosis -- Uterine Leiomyomas -- The Infertile Couple -- Ectopic Pregnancy -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Family Planning: Contraception and Complications -- Sexually Transmitted Infections -- Pelvic Inflammatory Disease -- Vulvovaginitis -- Disorders of the Pelvic Floor -- Menopause -- Breast Disease -- Gestational Trophoblastic Disease -- Pelvic Malignancies -- Intimate Partner Violence and Sexual Assault -- Medicolegal Considerations in Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- 2016 CambridgeJyotsna Pundir, Arri Coomarasamy.
- 2015 SpringerPaul Lyons.I. Preconception and Prenatal Care -- Physiology -- Preconception Counseling -- Prenatal Care -- Medications in Pregnancy -- II. Complications of Pregnancy -- Dysmorphic Growth and Genetic Abnormalities -- Intrauterine Growth Restriction -- Preterm Labor -- Premature Rupture of Membranes -- Early Pregnancy Bleeding -- Late Pregnancy Bleeding -- Recurrent Pregnancy Loss -- Rh Isoimmunization -- Infection in Pregnancy -- Hypertension in Pregnancy -- Diabetes in Pregnancy -- Multi gestational Pregnancy -- Post-Dates Pregnancy -- III. Labor and Delivery -- Normal Labor -- Induction and Augmentation -- Pain Management in Labor -- Operative Delivery -- IV. Complications of Labor and Delivery -- Prolonged Labor -- Shoulder Dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal Heart Rate Monitoring -- Maternal Fever in Labor -- Postpartum Hemorrhage -- Perineal Laceration and Episiotomy -- V. Postpartum Management -- Newborn Evaluation -- Routine Hospital Postpartum Management -- Complications of the Hospital Postpartum Period.
- 2006 SpringerPaul Lyons.Physiology -- Preconception care -- Prenatal care -- Medications in pregnancy -- Dysmorphic growth and genetic abnormalities -- Intrauterine growth restriction -- Preterm labor -- Premature rupture of membranes -- Early pregnancy bleeding -- Late pregnancy bleeding -- Recurrent spontaneous abortion -- Rh isoimmunization -- Infection in pregnancy -- Hypertension in pregnancy -- Diabetes in pregnancy -- HIV and pregnancy -- Multigestational pregnancy -- Post-dates pregnancy -- Normal labor -- Induction and augmentation -- Pain management in labor -- Operative delivery -- Prolonged labor -- Shoulder dystocia -- Malpresentation -- Fetal heart rate monitoring -- Maternal fever in labor -- Postpartum hemorrhage -- Perineal laceration and episiotomy -- Newborn evaluation -- Routine hospital postpartum management -- Complications of the hospital postpartum period.
- 2017 ClinicalKey[edited by] Steven G. Gabbe [and 8 others].
- 2012 CRCnetBASEedited by Abhijit Ray, Punit Kumar Srivastava."Incidences of inflammatory airway diseases are on the rise across the world. Existing therapeutic options are ineffective, unsafe, and expensive, and severe cases are nonresponsive to conventional therapy. Therefore, it is imperative that research be undertaken to discover new treatment options. Obstructive Airway Diseases: Role of Lipid Mediators discusses clinically successful and potential lipid targets that can make a difference in treating some of the most intractable disease states."--Publisher description.
- 2011 KargerAlain Lurie.Obstructive sleep apnea in adults : epidemiology, clinical presentation, and treatment options -- Inflammation, oxidative stress, and procoagulant and thrombotic activity in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Metabolic disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea in adults -- Endothelial dysfunction in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Hemodynamic and autonomic changes in adults with obstructive sleep apnea -- Cardiovascular disorders associated with obstructive sleep apnea.
- 2007edited by Clete A. Kushida.Perspectives / Kudisha -- History / Zupancic, Lavie -- Epidemiology / Yuen -- Ontogeny / Hoban, Bliwise -- Upper airway anatomy / Tung -- Physiology and dynamics of the upper airway / Huang, Marcus -- Control of breathing in sleep / Smith ... [et al.] -- Arousal from sleep / Halász -- Pathogenesis / Nguyen, Yim, Malhotra -- Risk factors / Ramar, Guilleminault -- Familial and genetic factors / Patel, Tishler -- The spectrum of sleep-disordered breathing / Habib, Phillips -- Central and autonomic nervous systems / Colrain, Trinder -- Cardiac arrhythmias and congestive heart failure / Chen, Bradley -- Hypertension and the cardiovascular system / Budhiraja, Quan -- Endocrine function and glucose metabolism / Stamatakis, Punjabi -- Obesity / Dyken ... [et al.] -- Mood and behavior in obstructive sleep apnea / Aloia, Bruce -- Sleepiness / Kirsch, Chervin -- Obstructive sleep apnea and health-related quality of life / Moyer, Moyer, Chervin -- Driving risk and accidents / Sagaspe, Philip -- Economic and societal impact / Wittmann, Rodenstein.
- 2006[edited by] Barry S. Levy ... [et al.].Work, environment, and health -- Recognition, assessment, and prevention -- Hazardous exposures -- Adverse health effects -- An integrated approach to prevention.
- 2010 SpringerTorben Sigsgaard, Dick Heederik, editors.Also available: Print – 2010
- 2014 SpringerSisko L. Anttila, Paolo Boffetta, editors.This book is a comprehensive guide to occupational factors of malignant diseases. It discusses potentially work-related malignancies, in the context of exposure assessment, specific clinical and pathological features of occupational cancer and biomarkers of exposure and disease. Epidemiological data about risk ratios of the cancer in question are reviewed for various occupations and with exposure to specific carcinogens, carcinogenic mechanisms, host susceptibility factors (genetic and other) and other environmental and life-style risk factors. Aspects such as surveillance of workers exposed to carcinogens, and strategies for prevention of occupational cancer are also discussed. Occupational Cancers is aimed at oncologists, pathologists, residents in training, clinical researchers, clinicians in occupational health, epidemiologists, pulmonologists, lawyers and public health officials.
- 2006 CRCnetBASE[edited by] Robert Thayer Sataloff, Joseph Sataloff.
- 2015 ScienceDirectedited by Marcello Lotti and Margit L. Bleecker.
- 2012 CRCnetBASEedited by Allan Toomingasr, Svend Erik Mathiassen, Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist.Work, working life, occupational physiology / Allan Toomingas, Svend Erik Mathiassen, and Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work demanding high energy metabolism / Ewa Wigaeus Tornqvist -- Work requiring considerable muscle force / Katarina Kjellberg -- Work in awkward postures / Karin Harms-Ringdahl -- Work with highly repetitive movements / Fredrik Hellström -- Prolonged, low-intensity, sedentary work / Allan Toomingas -- Work with high levels of mental strain / Bo Melin -- Work that disrupts the diurnal rhythm / Torbjörn Åkerstedt -- Work in heat and cold / Désirée Gavhed -- A good working life for everyone / Allan Toomingas, Margareta Bratt Carlström, and Svend Erik Mathiassen.
- nosummary Google BooksFulltext (suppl. 2 1988) Google BooksFulltext (suppl. 3 1992) Google BooksFulltext (suppl. 4 1995) Google BooksAlso available: Print – 1988-
- 2013 CRCnetBASEArezes, Pedro M.Applied ergonomics -- Cognitive ergonomics -- Construction safety -- Economic aspects of prevention -- Education and training in prevention -- Emerging risks -- Environmental ergonomics -- Fire safety -- Health monitoring and occupational medicine -- Human and organisational factors -- Occupational ergonomics -- Occupational hygiene -- Occupational safety -- Risk assessment methods -- Other.
- 2013 Wileyedited by Anita Atwal and Anne McIntyre.Perspectives of ageing / Anne McIntyre -- The social context of older people / Frances Reynolds and Kee Hean Lim -- Policy development and implications for occupational therapy practice / Margaret Gallagher -- Health conditions and active ageing / Melanie Manley [and others] -- The ageing body : body functions and structures : part 1 / Stephen Ashford and Anne McIntyre -- The ageing body : body functions and structures : part 2 / Linda Gnanasekaran -- Occupation and successful ageing : activity and participation / Anne McIntyre -- Environmental impacts, products and technology / Anita Atwal [and others].
- 1974-edited by Elinor Jackson and H. Dwyer Dundon.v. 1. 1200 multiple choice questions and referenced answers.
- v. 1, 1983H. Dwyer Dundon.v. 1. 1000 multiple choice questions and referenced explanatory answers.
- Occupational therapy in epidermolysis bullosa : a holistic concept for intervention from infancy to adult2013 SpringerHedwig Weiss, Florian Prinz.Epidermolysis bullosa (EB) is the collective term for a heterogenous group of genetic skin disorders characterised by the formation of blisters and erosions on skin and mucous membranes.This book deals with early childhood motor and perceptual development, a particular challenge for children with extremely fragile skin. Going into functional treatment, it addresses rehabilitation of hands and feet in EB patients with fusions or contractures.The authors are occupational therapists with long-term experience in the management of EB patients. In an extraordinary holistic approach, they present a combination of paediatric and functional areas of treatment.Occupational therapy tools and interventions can help alleviate a number of accompanying complications and symptoms of EB, enhance self-care, and improve quality of life in general.Due to its practical approach, this book not only serves as a unique guide for doctors and health care professionals but is also comprehensible and useful for patients.
- 2014 Wileyedited by Rosemary Crouch and Vivyan Alers.Part 1. Theoretical Concepts in Occupational Therapy : -- 1. Creative Ability: A Model for Individual and Group Occupational Therapy for Clients with Psychosocial Dysfunction / Patricia de Witt -- 2. The Relevance of Occupational Science to Occupational Therapy in the Field of Mental Health / Lana van Niekerk -- 3. Ethics, Human Rights and the Law in Mental Health Care Practice / Dain van der Reyden and Rosemary Crouch -- 4. Cultural Considerations in the Provision of an Occupational Therapy Service in Mental Health / Rosemary Crouch -- 5. Clinical Reasoning in Psychiatric Occupational Therapy / Vivyan Alers -- -- Part 2. Specific Issues in Occupational Therapy : -- 6. HIV/AIDS in Psychiatry and Issues Facing Occupational Therapists Regarding Practice: Moral and Ethical Dilemmas / Dain van der Reyden, Robin Joubert and Chantal Christopher -- 7. Forensic Psychiatry and Occupational Therapy / Michelle Moore -- 8. Acute Psychiatry and the Dynamic Short-Term Intervention of the Occupational Therapist / Catherine Shorten and Rosemary Crouch -- 9. Improving Health and Access to Health Services through Community-Based Rehabilitation / Stephanie Homer -- 10. Care, Treatment and Rehabilitation Programmes for Large Numbers of Long-Term Mental Health Care Users / Kobie Zietsman and Daleen Casteleijn -- 11. Auxiliary Staff in Mental Health Care: Requirements, Functions and Supervision / Dain van der Reyden -- 12. Vocational Rehabilitation in Psychiatry and Mental Health / Lyndsey Swart and Tania Buys -- 13. Psychiatric Occupational Therapy in the Corporate, Insurance and Medico-legal Sectors / Lee Randall -- 14. An Occupational Therapist's Perspective on Sexuality and Psychosocial Sexual Rehabilitation / Louise Fouché -- -- Part 3. Occupational Therapy with Children, Adolescents and Adults : -- 15. Early Intervention for Young Children at Risk for Developmental Mental Health Disorders / Kerry Wallace -- 16. Occupational Therapy Intervention with Children with Psychosocial Disorders / Vivyan Alers -- 17. Interdisciplinary Group Therapy with Children / Marita Rademeyer and Deirdre Niehaus -- 18. Specific Occupational Therapy Intervention with Adolescents / Louise Fouché and Lisa Wegner -- 19. Sensory Integration in Mental Health / Annamarie van Jaarsveld -- 20. Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder through a Person's Lifespan: Occupational Therapy to Enhance Executive and Social Functioning / Ray Anne Cook -- 21. Trauma and Its Effects on Children, Adolescents and Adults: The Role of the Occupational Therapist / Vivyan Alers -- 22. Post-traumatic Brain Injury: Handling Behavioural and Cognitive Changes / Sylvia Birkhead -- 23. Occupational Therapy for Anxiety, Somatic and Stressor-related Disorders / Madeleine Duncanand Claire Prowse -- 24. Occupational Therapy with Mood Disorders / Madeleine Duncan and Claire Prowse -- 25. The Treatment of Eating Disorders in Occupational Therapy / Rosemary Crouch and Vivyan Alers -- 26. Understanding Persons with Personality Disorders: Intervention in Occupational Therapy / Ann Nott -- 27. The Occupational Therapy Approach to the Management of Schizophrenia / Rosemary Crouch -- 28. Substance Use and Abuse: Intervention by a Multidisciplinary Approach Which Includes Occupational Therapy / Rosemary Crouch and Lisa Wegner -- 29. Gerontology, Psychiatry and Occupational Therapy / Susan Beukes.
- 2012Walter Bortz ; edited by Gretchen Lieff.
- 2006 Springeredited by Shimshon Belkin and Rita R. Colwell.Pathogens in the sea: an overview / Colin B. Munn -- Diversity, sources, and detection of human bacterial pathogens in the marine environment / Janelle R. Thompson, Luisa A. Marcelino, and Martin F. Polz -- Biotic and abiotic effects / Lester W. Sinton -- Survival of enteric bacteria in seawater: molecular aspects / Yael Rozen and Shimshon Belkin -- Human pathogenic viruses in the marine environment / Albert Bosch, F. Xavier Abad, and Rosa M. Pinto -- Survival of viruses in the marine environment / Charles P. Gerba -- Zoonotic protists in the marine environment / Ronald Fayer and James M. Trout -- Marine and estuarine harmful algal blooms: impacts on human and animal health / Jan Landsberg, Fran Van Dolah, and Gregory Donelli -- Vibrio vulnificus / James D. Oliver -- Vibrio parahaemolyticus--seafood safety and associations with higher organisms / Firdausi Qadri ... [et al.] -- Global microbial ecology of vibrio cholerae / Rita R. Colwell -- Gram-positive bacteria in the marine environment / Maria del mar Lleo, Caterina Signoretto, and Pietro Canepari -- Fecal contamination in coastal areas: an engineering approach / M. Pommepuy ... [et al.] -- Retention of pathogenicity in viable nonculturable pathogens / Iddya Karunasagar and Indrani Karunasagar -- Thalassogenic infectious diseases caused by wastewater pollution of the marine environment / Hillel Shuval -- Bacterial pathogens of marine fish / Brian Austin -- Microbial diseases of corals / E. Rosenberg and Y. Barash -- Aquacultures and animal pathogens in the marine environment with emphasis on marine shrimp viruses / Jeffrey M. Lotz, Robin M. Overstreet, and D. Jay Grimes.
- 2016 Kargervolume editors, Francesco Bandello, Eric H. Souied, Giuseppe Querques.Heidelberg spectralis optical coherence tomography angiography /Coscas, G., Lupidi, M., Coscas, F. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography using the optovue device / Huang, D., Jia, Y., Gao, S.S., Lumbroso, B., Rispoli, M. -- Swept-source optical coherence tomography Angio (Topcon Corp, Japan) : technology review / Stanga, P.E., Tsamis, E., Papayannis, A., Stringa, F., Cole, T., Jalil, A. -- ZEISS Angioplex pectral domain optical coherence tomography angiography : technical aspects / Rosenfeld, P.J., Durbin, M.K., Roisman, L., Zheng, F., Miller, A., Robbins, G., Karen, S., Gregori, G. -- Image analysis of optical coherence tomography angiography / Coscas, G., Lupidi, M., Coscas, F. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography in healthy subjects / Coscas, G., Lupidi, M., Coscas, F. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of type 1 neovascularization in age-Related macular degeneration / Iafe, N., Phasukkijwatana, N., Sarraf, D. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of type 2 neovascularization in age-related macular degeneration / Souied, E.H., El Ameen, A., Semoun, O., Querques, G., Cohen, S.Y. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography features of type 3 neovascularization in age-related macular degeneration / Querques, G., Miere, A., Souied, E.H. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of retinal and macular diseases / Liang, M.C., Witkin, A.J. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of tdiopathic polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy / Srour, M., Querques, G., Souied, E.H. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography study of choroidal neovascularization early response after treatment / Lumbroso, B., Rispoli, M., Savastano, M.C., Jia, Y., Tan, O., Huang, D. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of fibrosis in age-related macular degeneration / Souied, E.H., Miere, A., Cohen, S.Y., Semoun, O., Querques, G. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of dry age-related macular degeneration / Waheed, N.K., Moult, E.M., Fujimoto, J.G., Rosenfeld, P.J. -- Optical coherence Tomography Angiography of choroidal neovascularization secondary to pathologic myopia / Querques, G., Corvi, F., Querques, L., Souied, E.H., Bandello, F. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of diabetic retinopathy / Bandello, F., Corbelli, E., Carnevali, A., Pierro, L., Querques, G. -- New findings in diabetic maculopathy and proliferative disease by swept-Source optical coherence tomography angiography / Stanga, P.E., Papayannis, A., Tsamis, E., Stringa, F., Cole, T., D'Soza, Y., Jalil, A. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of retinal artery occlusion / Baumal, C.R. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of retinal vein occlusion / Novais, E.A., Waheed, N.K. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of deep capillary ischemia / Nemiroff, J., Phasukkijwatana, N., Sarraf, D. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of macular telangiectasia type 2 / Roisman, L., Rosenfeld, P.J. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography in dystrophies / Battaglia Parodi, M., Pierro, L., Gagliardi, M., Lattanzio, R., Querques, G., Bandello, F. -- Swept-source optical coherence tomography angiography of paediatric macular diseases / Stanga, P.E., Papayannis, A., Tsamis, E., Chwiejczak, K., Stringa, F., Jalil, A., Cole, T., Biswas, S. -- Optical coherence tomography angiography of miscellaneous retinal disease / Pierro, L., Battaglia Parodi, M., Introini, U., Querques, G., Bandello, F.
- 2009 SpringerGabriel Coscas, Florence Coscas, Sabrina Vismara, Alain Zourdani, C. Iole Li Calzi ; with the participation of Gisèle Soubrane ... [et al.].
- 2016 SpringerAndrzej Grzybowski, Piero Barboni, editors.
- 2014 SpringerArun D. Singh, editor.This book a conjoint effort of ocular oncologists, general oncologists, and pathologists is a comprehensive source of authoritative information on the subject of ocular and adnexal lymphoma. It covers all aspects, including clinical features, classification, epidemiology, diagnostic evaluation, biopsy techniques, histology and molecular pathology, staging procedures, and treatment methods. Detailed information is provided on primary vitreoretinal and adnexal lymphomas and chapters are also included on rare variants such as T cell lymphoma and reactive lymphoid hyperplasia of the ocular adnexa. The emphasis throughout is on easy readability, and the layout ensures rapid retrieval of information. In order to convey fundamental concepts, numerous tables, clinical photographs, histopathologic microphotographs, and imaging studies (fluorescein and indocyanine angiograms, ultrasonograms, CT scans, and MR images) are included.
- 2016 SpringerSimon E. Skalicky.This book meets the growing demand among ophthalmologists, optometrists and orthoptists, in training and in practice, as well as visual neuroscientists, to have a clear, succinct and well-written textbook to objectively cover the subject of ocular and visual physiology. Ocular and visual physiology is a core knowledge component for these disciplines, and yet is often difficult to understand. However, this book clearly conveys the simple elegance of the relationship between structure and function that is the hallmark of understanding the physiology of the eye and visual system. Ocular and Visual Physiology - Clinical Application is essential reading for any one hoping to have a clear understanding of the subject. Students will find it a great resource to pass their exams. Each of the chapters has been independently reviewed and edited by an expert in the field with a clinical or visual scientific academic background. The text is based on the latest publications in peer-reviewed journals that are closely referenced within the body of the text.
- 2006 Springeredited by Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable.Angiogenic diseases -- Age-related macular degeneration / Curtis L. Hagedorn and Ron A. Adelman -- Endogenous angiogenic inhibitors in diabetic retinopathy / Jian-Xing Ma and Sarah X. Zhang -- Corneal angiogenesis / Trevor R. Carmichael -- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy / Nahoko Ogata and Kanji Takahashi -- Myopic choroidal neovascularization / Kyoko Ohno-Matsui and Takashi Tokoro -- Mechanisms of the formation and stability of retinal blood vessels / Jonathan Stone, Trent Sandercoe, and Jan Provis -- Neovascular glaucoma / James C. Tsai and M. Bruce Shields -- Eales' disease / Jyotirmay Biswas -- Angiogenesis and ocular tumorigenesis / Nader Sheibani and Daniel M. Albert -- Genetics of ocular vascular disease / Jacquie Greenberg, Ari Ziskind, and Stephen P. Daiger -- Endogenous promoters and inhibitors of angiogenesis -- Vascular endothelial growth factor and retinal diseases / Sam Dahr and Karl G. Csaky -- The role of fibroblast growth factors in ocular angiogenesis / Andreas Bikfalvi and Sophie Javerzat -- Control of neovascularization and cell survival in the eye by PEDF / Joyce Tombran-Tink and Colin J. Barnstable -- Thrombospondin: guarding the clear view / Arin Aurora and Olga V. Volpert -- Regulation of ocular angiogenesis by matrix proteases and tissue inhibitors of metalloproteinases / Bela Anand-Apte -- Integrins in ocular angiogenesis / Matthew R. Ritter and Martin Friedlander -- Ocular inflammation and neovascularization / Chi-Chao Chan and Robert B. Nussenblatt -- Therapeutics and delivery for angiogenic eye diseases -- Anti-VEGF therapies for diseases of the retina and choroid / Ming Lu and Donald J. D'Amico -- Anecortave acetate: a novel ocular angiostatic agent / Stella M. Robertson ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy for neovascular retinopathies / Brian J. Raisler, Kenneth I. Berns, and William W. Hauswirth -- Noninvasive delivery of DNA into the eye / John M. Nickerson ... [et al.] -- Novel drug delivery systems for posterior segment ocular disease / Heather Sheardown and W. Mark Saltzman.
- 2012 Springeredited by Leopold Schmetterer, Jeffrey Kiel.q. Anatomy of the ocular vasculatures -- 2. Determination of ocular blood flows with the microsphere method -- 3. Laser doppler flowmetry in animals -- 4. Oxygen measurements in animals -- 5. Measurement of ocular blood flow: angiography -- 6. Measurement of retinal vessel diameters -- 7. Laser doppler techniques for ocular blood velocity and flow -- 8. Color doppler imaging -- 9. Other approaches -- 10. Systemic determinants -- 11. Local determinants -- 12. Neural control of ocular blood flow -- 13. Endothelial and adrenergic control -- 14. Retinal ischemia in relation to glaucoma and neuroprotection -- 15. Ocular blood flow in diabetes: contribution to tthe microvascular lesions of diabetic retinopathy -- 16. Age-related macular degeneration: hemodynamic changes -- 17. The role of ocular blood flow abnormalitities in the pathogenesis of glaucoma -- 18. Ocular blood flow in disease: other diseases -- 19. Systemic diseases: cardiovascular disease and ocular manifestation -- Index.
- 2009 SpringerManeli Mozaffarieh, Josef Flammer.
- 2002 OvidFrederick Hampton Roy.Also available: Print – 2002
- 2010 ClinicalKey[edited by] Leonard A. Levin, Daniel M. Albert.A newly introduced companion volume to the classic Adler's Physiology of the Eye-correlates basic science and clinical management to describe the how and why of eye disease processes and the related best management protocols. Editors Leonard A. Levin and Daniel M. Albert-two of the world's leading ophthalmic clinician-scientists-have recruited as contributors the most expert and experienced authorities available in each of the major areas of ophthalmic disease specific to ophthalmology: retina, cornea, cataract, glaucoma, uveitis, and more. The concise chapter structure features liberal use of color-with 330 full-color line artworks, call-out boxes, summaries, and schematics for easy navigation and understanding. In print and online at expertconsult.com, this comprehensive resource provides you with a better and more practical understanding of the science behind eye disease and its relation to treatment.
- 2013 CRCnetBASEedited by Deepak Thassu and Gerald J. Chader.1. Nanoparticulate-based therapeutics: an overview / Deepak Thassu, Kris Holt, and Gerald J. Chader -- 2. Eye anatomy, physiology and ocular barriers: basic considerations for drug delivery / Gerald J. Chader and Deepak Thassu -- 3. Animal models to evaluate nanoparticulate drug delivery systems / Vinson M. Wang, Jingsheng Tuo, and Chi-Chao Chan -- 4. Computer modeling for ocular drug delivery / Paul J. Missel -- 5. Considerations for development of ophthalmic nanotechnology-based drugs / Banu S. Zolnik, Sherizaq Baksh, and Nakissa Sadrieh -- 6. Blood-retinal barrier: the fundamentals / Rosa Fernandes, Andreia Gonçalves, and José Cunha-Vaz -- 7. Barriers to transscleral drug delivery to the retina / Alexandra Almazan ... [et al.] -- 8. Drug delivery to the vitreous humor / Francine Behar-Cohen -- 9. Transscleral and suprachoroidal drug delivery / Damian E. Berezovsky and Henry Edelhauser -- 10. Protein drug delivery to retina and choroid / Hogwen M. Rivers and Patrick M. Hughes -- 11. Transscleral drug delivery to the posterior segment of the eye / Bernard F. Godley ... [et al.] -- 12. Drug delivery to the suprachoroidal space / Sung Won Cho and Timothy Olsen -- 13. Use of nanoparticles in the treatment of age-related macular degeneration, glaucoma and other degenerative retinal diseases / Marco A. Zarbin ... [et al.] -- 14. Drug molecule characteristics and their impact on anterior versus posterior segment drug delivery strategies / Kay D. Rittenhouse -- 15. Surface modulation of nanoparticles / Deepak Thassu and Kris Holt -- 16. Nanoparticles for the treatment of retinal diseases / Amin Famili and Uday B. Kompella -- 17. Gene-based medicine for ocular diseases / Shannon M. Conley and Muna I. Naash -- 18. Stealth-type polymeric nanoparticles with encapsulated betamethasone phosphate for treatment of intraocular inflammation / Tsutomu Sakai, Tsutomu Ishihara, and Megumu Higaki -- 19. Nanotechnology-guided imaging of retinal vascular disease / Joshua R. Trantum, John S. Penn, and Ashwath Jayagopal -- 20. Photoresponsive polymers for ocular drug delivery / Laura A. Wells and Heather Sheardown -- t21. Nanosuspensions in ocular drug delivery systems / Himanshu Bhattacharjee and Sonia Bedi.
- 2014 SpringerKhalid F. Tabbara, Ahmed M. Abu El-Asrar, Moncef Khairallah, editors.Ocular infections remain an important cause of ocular morbidity and loss of vision, yet many are preventable or curable. Early diagnosis and prompt treatment help in the control of such infectious disorders and the prevention of blindness. There are many infectious diseases of the eye and adnexa, and knowledge of their diagnosis and management is essential to an optimal therapeutic outcome. This book provides the practitioner with the important information required to ensure appropriate diagnosis and management of ocular infectious diseases. Specific clinical signs and symptoms are outlined, and the role of specific diagnostic tests, including molecular biology techniques, is explained. All of the most common microorganisms are considered and current knowledge on the antimicrobial therapy of ocular infections is clearly summarized. Ocular Infections will be a great help to physicians as a guide to the care of patients with ocular infectious diseases.
- 2014 Future Mededitors, Timothy G. Murray, H. Culver Boldt.Ocular melanoma: advances in diagnostic and therapeutic strategies / Timothy G. Murray & H. Culver Boldt -- Laboratory discoveries in uveal melanoma / Aart G. Jochemsen & Martine J. Jager --Incidence, prevalence and epidemiology of ocular melanoma / Tero Kivelä -- Clinical features and diagnosis / Katrina Mears & H. Culver Boldt -- Diagnostic imaging in ocular melanoma / Timothy G. Murray, Fiona J. Ehlies, Andrea Wildner & Aaron S. Gold -- Genetics of ocular melanoma and implications for patient risk / Bertil Damato & Sarah E. Coupland -- Biopsy approaches and testing strategies for genomic prognostication / Carlos A. Medina & Arun D. Singh -- Preoperative clinical evaluation and imaging for uveal melanoma / Sohpie Piperno-Neumann, Vincent Servois, Pascale Mariani & Laurence Desjardins -- Regional anesthesia for surgical management of ocular melanoma / Jacqueline Tutiven & Michael Vigoda -- Enucleation surgery in advanced ocular disease / Daniel Gologorsky & Timothy G. Murray -- Brachytherapy for uveal melanoma / Samuel K. Houston 3rd, H. Culver Boldt & Timothy G. Murray -- Charged particle radiotherapy for ocular melanoma / Ivana K. Kim, Anne Marie Lane, Helen A. Shih & Evangelos S. Gragoudas -- Adjunctive treatment strategies for high-risk ocular melanoma / Sapna P. Patel & Dan S. Gombos -- Treatment strategies for clinically detectable metastatic uveal melanoma / Aakanksha Prasad Asija, Makoto Yoshida & Takami Sato -- Surveillance for early detection of metastatic ocular melanoma following definitive local therapy / Jasmine H. Francis, Tero Kivelä & Richard D. Carvajal -- Ophthalmic screening for postradiotherapy complications: implications for treatment and visual outcomes / Samuel K. Houston 3rd, Nisha Shah & Timothy G. Murray -- Collaborative Ocular Melanoma Study: overview of outcomes / Barbara S. Hawkins -- Surgical management of radiation-related complications / Samuel K. Houstin 3rd & Timothy G. Murray -- Visual rehabilitation for ocular melanoma / Aaron S. Gold, Azeema Latiff & Timothy G. Murray -- Index.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyAmir A. Azari, MD, Clinical Assistant Professor, Wills Eye Institute, Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA, USA, Daniel M. Albert, MD, MS, F.A. Davis Professor, Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health, Founding Director, University of Wisconsin McPherson Eye Research Instiute, Madison, WI, USA.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyMyron Yanoff, Joseph W. Sassani.Comprehensive, yet concise and clinically oriented, the new edition of Ocular Pathology brings you the very latest advances of every aspect of ocular pathology. From updated information on today's imaging techniques, to the implementation of genetic data to better understand disease, this esteemed medical reference book promises to keep you at the forefront of your field Take advantage of clinical "pearls" that offer you the benefits of proven strategies.Quickly reference information with help from a convenient outline format, ideal for today's busy physician. Visualize every concept by viewing 1,900 illustrations, 1,600 of which are in full color, from the collections of internationally renowned leaders in ocular pathology.
- 2009Myron Yanoff, Joseph William Sassani.Basic principles of pathology -- Congenital anomalies -- Nongranulomatous inflammation: uveitis, endophthalmitis, panophthalmitis, and sequelae -- Granulomatous inflammation -- Surgical and nonsurgical trauma -- Skin and lacrimal drainage system -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea and sclera -- Uvea -- Lens -- Neural (sensory) retina -- Vitreous -- Optic nerve -- Orbit -- Diabetes mellitus -- Glaucoma -- Ocular melanocytic tumors -- Retinoblastoma and pseudoglioma.
- 2014 Springer Protocolsedited by Brian C. Gilger.Challenges in ocular pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and toxicology / Brian C. Gilger -- Selection of appropriate animal models in ocular research : ocular anatomy and physiology of common animal models / Brian C. Gilger, Eva Abarca, and Jacklyn H. Salmon -- Challenges and strategies in drug residue measurement (bioanalysis) of ocular tissues / Poonam R. Velagaleti and Michael H. Buonarati -- Chemistry, manufacturing, and control of ophthalmic formulations / Malay Ghosh and Imran Ahmed -- ADME and ocular therapeutics : retina / Cornelis J. Van der Schyf, Samuel D. Crish, Christine Crish, Denise Inman, and Werner J. Geldenhuys -- Compositions, formulation, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, and toxicity of topical, periocular, and intravitreal ophthalmic drugs / Kishore Cholkar, Aswani Dutt Vadlapudi, Hoang M. Trinh, and Ashim K. Mitra -- Sustained-release ocular drug delivery systems : bench to bedside development / Susan S. Lee, Michael R. Robinson, and Scott M. Whitcup -- Ophthalmic examination as it pertains to general ocular toxicology : basic and advanced techniques and species-associated findings / David A. Wilkie -- Study design and methodologies for evaluation of anti-glaucoma drugs / Paul E. Miller -- Study design and methodologies for study of ocular medical devices / Joseph W. Carraway and Elaine M. Daniel -- Methodologies for microscopic characterization of ocular toxicity / Leandro B.C. Teixeira and James A. Render -- Nanoparticles for drug and gene delivery in treating diseases of the eye / Shreya S. Kulkarni and Uday B. Kompella.
- 2013 ScienceDirect2013 ClinicalKey[edited by] Edward J. Holland, Mark J. Mannis, W. Barry Lee.
- 2002 OvidFrederick Hampton Roy.Also available: Print – 2002
- 2008 Springeredited by Joyce Tombran-Tink, Colin J. Barnstable.1 Aquaporins and water transport in the cornea / Alan S. Verkman -- 2 Roles of corneal epithelial ion transport mechanisms in mediating responses to cytokines and osmotic stress / Peter S. Reinach, José E. Capó-Aponte, Stefan Mergler, and Kathryn S. Pokorny -- 3 Vitamin C transport, delivery, and function in the anterior segment of the eye / Ram Kannan and Hovhannes J. Gukasyan -- 4 Mechanisms of aqueous humor formation: cellular model of aqueous flow / Chi-wai Do, Chi-wing Kong, Chu-yan Chang, Mortimer M. Civan, and Chi-ho To -- 5 Membrane transporters: new roles in lens cataract / Paul J. Donaldson and Julie Lim -- 6 Lens Na+, K+-ATPase / Nicholas A. Delamere and Shigeo Tamiya -- 7 Pathophysiology of pericyte-containing retinal microvessels: roles of ion channels and transporters / Donald G. Puro -- 8 Molecular mechanisms of the inner blood-retinal barrier transporters / Masatoshi Tomi and Ken-ichi Hosoya -- 9 Regulation and transport in the RPE / Adnan Dibas and Thomas Yorio -- 10 Glucose transporters in the retinal pigment epithelium / Lawrence J. Rizzolo -- 11 Ca2+ channels in the retinal pigment epithelium: modulators of retinal pigment epithelium function and communication with neighboring tissues / Olaf Strauss - 12 Taurine transport pathways in the outer retina in relation to aging and disease / Ali A. Hussain and John Marshall -- 13 P-Glycoprotein expression and function in the retinal pigment epithelium / Paul A. Constable, John G. Lawrenson, and N. Joan Abbott -- 14 The retinal rod NCKX1 and cone/ganglion cell NCKX2 Na+/CA2+-K+ exchangers / Paul P.M Schnetkamp et al -- 15 Excitatory amino acid transporters in the retina / Vijay Sarthy and David Pow -- 16 Localization and function of gamma aminobutyric acid transporter 1 in the retina / Giovanni Casini -- 17 Biochemical defects associated with genetic mutations in the retina-specific ABC transporter, ABCR, and macular degenerative diseases / Esther E. Biswas-Fiss -- 18 Glutamate transporters and retinal disease and regulation / Nigel L. Barnett and Natalie D. Bull -- 19 Glutamate transport in retinal glial cells during diabetes / Erica L. Fletcher and Michelle M. Ward -- 20 The emerging significance of drug transporters and metabolizing enzymes to ophthalmic drug design / Mayssa Attar and Jie Shen -- 21 Barriers in ocular drug delivery / Sriram Gunda, Sudharshan Hariharan, Nanda Mandava, and Ashim K. Mitra -- 22 Ophthalmic applications of nanotechnology / Swita Raghava, Gaurav Goel, and Uday B. Kompella -- 23 Vitamin C transporters in the retina / Vadivel Ganapathy, Sudha Ananth, Sylvia B. Smith, and Pamela M. Martin -- 24 The plasma membrane transporters and channels of corneal endothelium / Jorge Fischbarg.
- 2008 SpringerFerenc Kuhn.Terminology of mechanical injuries: the Birmingham Eye Trauma Terminology (BETT) -- Classification of mechanical eye injuries -- Predicting the severity of an eye injury: the Ocular Trauma Score (OTS) -- Counseling the injured individual and the family -- From the other side: the patient's viewpoint -- Myths and truths in ocular traumatology -- Clinical epidemiology, prevention, and rehabilitation -- Strategic thinking in ocular traumatology -- Evaluation -- Emergency management -- Conjunctiva -- Cornea -- Sclera and limbus -- Tissue prolapse -- Anterior chamber -- Iris and pupil -- Lens -- Ciliary body and choroid -- Vitreous and retina -- Trauma by blunt object: contusions -- Open glove injury: a brief overview -- Trauma by blunt object: ruptures -- Penetrating injuries and IOFBs -- Perforating injuries -- Injury involving the entire globe -- Ocular trauma in children and in elderly patients -- Endophthalmitis -- Posttraumatic glaucoma -- Hypotony -- Endoscopy -- Chemical injuries -- Electromagnetic trauma -- The effects of systemic trauma on the eye.
- 2015 SpringerSohan Singh Hayreh.This book provides a comprehensive account of the pathogenesis, clinical features, and management of ocular vascular occlusive disorders, with the focus very much on the scientific evidence. This offers a sound basis for addressing the many controversies that surround these disorders, which collectively constitute the most common cause of visual impairment or blindness. The book is divided into two sections, the first of which addresses the basic science and encompasses vascular anatomy, blood supply and flow, and retinal tolerance time to acute ischemia. The second, clinical, section covers the presentation, clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of the full range of vascular occlusive disorders of the retina, the choroid, the anterior segment of the eye, ophthalmic manifestations of carotid artery disease and the optic nerve. ℗ℓ In writing Ocular Vascular Occlusive Disorders, the author has drawn upon more than 55 years of experience in basic and clinical research. The book will be an invaluable source of information for general ophthalmologists, and particularly for retina specialists, neuro-ophthalmologists, and researchers. It is hoped that it will go far in rectifying the lack of in-depth scientific understanding that is the source of many misapprehensions and debates.
- 2008 ClinicalKeyauthors, Jeffrey A. Nerad, Keith D. Carter, Mark Alford.Disorders of the eyelid: congenital -- Disorders of the eyelid: lesions -- Disorders of the eyelid: eyelid trauma -- Disorders of the eyelid: involutional changes -- Disorders of the eyelid: blepharoptosis and eyelid retraction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: congenital obstruction -- Disorders of the lacrimal system: acquired causes of epiphora -- Disorders of the orbit: orbital imaging -- Disorders of the orbit: infections -- Disorders of the orbit: inflammations -- Disorders of the orbit: neoplasms -- Disorders of the orbit: vascular abnormalities -- Disorders of the orbit: trauma -- Disorders of the orbit: anophthalmic socket.
- 2009 ClinicalKeyby John A. Long.1. Entropion -- 2. Ectropion -- 3. Ptosis -- 3.a. Levator dehiscence -- 3.b. Mullerectomy -- 3.c. Levator resection -- 3.d. Supramid sling -- 3.e. Autogenous fascia lata sling ptosis repair -- 4. Canalicular laceration -- 5. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty -- 6. Transconjunctival blepharoplasty -- 7. Tearing -- 7.a. Stents -- 7.b. Dacryocystorhinostomy -- 7.c. Conjunctival dacryocystorhinostomy -- 8. Evisceration -- 9. Enucleation -- 10. Eyelid retraction -- 10.a. Upper eyelid retraction -- 10.b. Lower eyelid retraction -- 11. Trichiasis -- 11.a. Cryotherapy -- 11.b. Anterior lamellar block excision of eyelashes -- 12. Mohs reconstruction -- 12.a. Eyelid reconstructive surgery -- 12.b. Sliding temporal flap 12.c. Skin grafts -- 12.d. Cutler-Beard flap -- 12.e. Hughes flap -- 13. Chalazion -- 14. Blow-out fractures -- 15. Orbital decompression -- 16. Floopy eyelid syndrome -- 17. Temporal artery biopsy -- 18. Anophthalmic orbital volume augmentation -- 19. Eyebrow ptosis -- 20. Gold weight implant.
- 2005 SpringerGeoffrey J. Gladstone ... [et al.].
- Oculoplastics and orbit. Aesthetic and functional oculofacial plastic problem-solving in the 21st century2010 SpringerRudolf F. Guthoff, James A. Katowitz, editors.
- 2012 Springer Protocolsedited by Chrissa Kioussi.Histological analysis of the embryonic and adult tooth / Atsushi Ohazama -- Determination of gene expression patterns by whole-mount in situ hybridization / Sergiy Kyryachenko [and others] -- Determination of gene expression patterns by in situ hybridization in sections/ Kateryna Kyrylkova [and others] -- Immunohistochemistry and detection of proliferating cells by BrdU / Sergiy Kyryachenko [and others] -- Detection of apoptosis by TUNEL assay / Kateryna Kyrylkova [and others] -- Use of siRNA in dental tissue-derived cell cultures : integrin knockdown in fibroblasts / Malgorzata M. Barczyk, Donald Gullberg, and Anne Isine Bolstad -- Organ cultures and kidney-capsule grafting of tooth germs / Keishi Otsu, Naoki Fujiwara, and Hidemitsu Harada -- Evaluation of skull and tooth morphology and mineralization using high-resolution x-ray tomography / Brian K. Bay -- Electron microscopy / Hans U. Luder and Margrit Amstad-Jossi -- Deoxyoligonucleotide microarrays for gene expression profiling in murine tooth germs / Harald Osmundsen, Anne-Marthe Jevnaker, and Maria A. Landin -- Lineage differentiation of mesenchymal stem cells from dental pulp, apical papilla, and periodontal ligament / Kentaro Akiyama [and others] -- In vivo transplantation and tooth repair / Shuhei Tsuchiya and Masaki J. Honda -- Methods to validate tooth-supporting regenerative therapies / Miguel Padial-Molina [and others] -- Generation of a bioengineered tooth by using a three-dimensional cell manipulation method (organ germ method) / Masamitsu Oshima [and others] -- In vitro studies on odontogenic tumors / Javier Caton, Thimios A. Mitsiadis, and Peter R. Morgan -- Whole mount immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization of larval and adultzZebra fish dental tissues / Barbara Verstraeten, Ellen Sanders, and Ann Huysseune.
- 2014 ScienceDirectedited by Edi Barkai, Donald A. Wilson.This well-established international series examines major areas of basic and clinical research within neuroscience, as well as emerging and promising subfields. This volume explores interdisciplinary research on invertebrate and vertebrate models of odor memory and perception, as well as human odor memory and perception. This book brings together a collection of authors that cut across model systems, techniques, levels of analysis and questions to highlight important and exciting advances in the area of olfactory memory and perception.
- Odze and Goldblum Surgical pathology of the GI tract, liver, biliary tract, and pancreas. Third edition. [3rd ed.]2014 ClinicalKey[edited by] Robert D. Odze, John R. Goldblum.Gastrointestinal Tract Endoscopic and Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Screening and Surveillance Guidelines in Gastroenterology -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Infectious Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Manifestations of Immunodeficiency in the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Systemic Illnesses Involving the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Neuromuscular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Congenital and Developmental Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Enteropathies Associated with Chronic Diarrhea and Malabsorption in Childhood -- Vascular Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Autoimmune Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Drug-Induced Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Inflammatory Disorders of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Esophagus -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Stomach -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Small Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Large Intestine -- Inflammatory Disorders of the Appendix -- Polyps of the Esophagus -- Polyps of the Stomach -- Polyps of the Small Intestine -- Polyps of the Large Intestine -- Molecular Diagnostics of Tubal Gut Neoplasms -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Esophagus -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Stomach -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Small Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Large Intestine -- Epithelial Neoplasms of the Appendix -- Neuroendocrine Tumors of the Gastrointestinal and Pancreatobiliary Tracts -- Mesenchymal Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract -- Hematolymphoid Tumors of the Gastrointestinal Tract, Hepatobiliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Inflammatory and Neoplastic Disorders of the Anal Canal -- Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas Tissue Processing Techniques and Normal Histology -- Molecular Genetics of Pancreatobiliary Neoplasms -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Biliary Tract and Pancreas -- Developmental Disorders of the Gallbladder, Extrahepatic Biliary Tract, and Pancreas -- Infectious and Inflammatory Disorders of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Gallbladder and Extrahepatic Biliary Tract -- Inflammatory and Other Nonneoplastic Disorders of the Pancreas -- Tumors of the Pancreas -- Tumors of Major and Minor Ampulla -- Algorithmic Approach to Diagnosis of Liver Disorders -- Liver Tissue Processing and Normal Histology -- Molecular Pathogenesis and Diagnostics of Hepatocellular Tumors -- Diagnostic Cytology of the Liver -- Acute and Chronic Infectious Hepatitis -- Autoimmune and Chronic Cholestatic Disorders of the Liver -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Disorders of the Liver -- Fatty Liver Disease -- Cirrhosis -- Vascular Disorders of the Liver -- Pathology of Liver and Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation -- Liver Pathology in Pregnancy -- Inherited Metabolic and Developmental Disorders of the Pediatric and Adult Liver -- Benign and Malignant Tumors of the Liver.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyedited by S. Michael Griffin ; assistant editors, Simon A. Raimes, Jon Shenfine.Pathology of oesophageal and gastric tumours / Heike I. Grabsch -- Epidemiology, genetics and screening for oesophageal and gastric cancer / William H. Allum -- Staging of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Graeme Couper -- Preoperative assessment and perioperative management in oesophageal and gastric surgery / Sheraz R. Markar, James Helman, and Donald E. Low -- Surgery for cancer of the oesophagus / S. Michael Griffin and Richard G. Berrisford -- Treatment of early oesophageal cancer / B. Mark Smithers and Iain Thomson -- Surgery for cancer of the stomach / Takeshi Sano -- Endoscopic and surgical treatment of early gastric cancer / Joost Rothbarth, Arjun D. Koch, and Jan J.B. van Lanschot -- Radiotherapy and chemotherapy in treatment of oesophageal and gastric cancer / Tom Crosby and Adrian Crellin -- Palliative treatments of carcinoma of the oesophagus and stomach / Jane M. Blazeby and Natalie Blencowe -- Other oesophageal and gastric neoplasms / Richard H. Hardwick -- Pathophysiology and investigation of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / John M. Findlay and Nicholas D. Maynard -- Treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease / David I. Watson -- Treatment of the complications of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease and failed gastro-oesophageal surgery / Robert Mason -- Barrett's oesophagus / Max Almond, Hugh Barr, and Janusz Jankowski -- The management of achalasia and other motility disorders of the oesophagus / Derek Alderson -- Paraoesophageal hernia and gastric volvulus / Nathan W. Bronson, Kyle A. Perry, and John G. Hunter -- Benign ulceration of the stomach and duodenum and the complications of previous ulcer surgery / John Wayman -- Oesophageal emergencies / Jon Shenfine and S. Michael Griffin -- Bariatric surgery / Richard Welbourn.
- 2005 Springeredited by Phillip E. Patton and David E. Battaglia.Essentials of sperm biology / Sharon T. Mortimer -- Endocrinology of male infertility / R. Dale McClure -- Sperm preparation for insemination / Grace M. Centola -- Specialized sperm testing: pros and cons / Kirk C. Lo ... [et al.] -- Genetic testing for male infertility / Robert D. Oates -- Optimizing success in a donor insemination program / Phillip E. Patton -- Ethical and legal considerations of donor insemination in the United States / Karen E. Adams -- Laboratory accreditation / William Byrd -- Office evaluation of male infertility / Darius A. Paduch and Eugene F. Fuchs -- Varicocele and infertility / Ulrike Zenke and Paul Turek -- Strategic therapies for ejaculatory disorders and erectile dysfunction in the infertile man / Mustafa F. Usta and Wayne J. G. Hellstrom -- Vasectomy reversal / Eugene F. Fuchs and Darius A. Paduch -- Infection and male infertility / Emmett F. Branigan -- Obstructive and nonobstructive azoospermia / Kinloch Nelson and Peter Schlegel -- Testis biopsy and the infertile male / Sherman J. Silber -- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection: the process, the outcomes, and the controversies / David E. Battaglia -- Treatment of human immunodeficiency virus-discordant couples / Joseph E. Peña and Mark V. Sauer -- Sperm and egg retrieval for posthumous reproduction: practical, ethical, and legal considerations / Lisa V. Brock and Anna C. Mastroianni -- Gender selection: separating fact from fiction / David S. Karabinus and Keith L. Blauer.
- 2008 CRCnetBASECeline McKeown.1. Working posture -- 1.1. Introduction -- 1.2. Sitting versus standing -- 1.3. The back -- 1.4. Posture -- 1.5. Maintenance and monitoring of good posture -- 1.6. Summary -- 2. The design of workstation furniture -- 2.1. Introduction -- 2.2. Desks -- 2.2.1. Desk height -- 2.2.2. Worksurface design -- 2.2.3. Worksurface layout -- 2.2.4. Undersurface features -- 2.3. Partitions -- 2.4. Chairs -- 2.4.1. Seat height adjustment -- 2.4.2. Backrest adjustment -- 2.4.3. Armrests -- 2.4.4. Adjustment mechanisms -- 2.5. Accessories -- 2.5.1. Footrests -- 2.5.2. Wristrests -- 2.5.3. Document holders -- 2.5.4. Screen risers -- 2.5.5. Telephone headsets -- 2.5.6. Reading slopes -- 2.6. Summary -- 3. Workstation trials -- 3.1. Introduction -- 3.2. Task analysis -- 3.2.1. Starting the procedure -- 3.2.2. Information collection -- 3.2.3. Recording information -- 3.3. Trials -- 3.4. The roll-out -- 3.5. Summary -- 4. Computer use -- 4.1. Introduction -- 4.2. Desktops -- 4.3. Flat screens -- 4.4. Laptops -- 4.5. Wireless technology -- 4.6. Out-of-office working -- 4.6.1. Home office -- 4.6.2. Mobile offices -- 4.7. Summary -- 5. Screen displays -- 5.1. Introduction -- 5.2. Memory -- 5.2.1. Short-term memory -- 5.2.2. Long-term memory -- 5.3. Displays -- 5.3.1. Fonts -- 5.3.2. Using color -- 5.3.3. Layout -- 5.3.4. Wording -- 5.3.5. Windows -- 5.4. Summary -- 6. Input devices -- 6.1. Introduction -- 6.2. Keyboards -- 6.3. Mouse -- 6.4. Touchpads -- 6.5. Trackball -- 6.6. Joystick -- 6.7. Touchscreens -- 6.8. Graphics tablets -- 6.9. Voice recognition software -- 6.10. General design requirements -- 6.11. Summary -- 7. Organizational issues -- 7.1. Introduction -- 7.2. Job design -- 7.3. Work rate -- 7.4. Rest breaks -- 7.5. Overtime -- 7.6. Incentives -- 7.7. Motivation -- 7.8. Shift work -- 7.9. Compressed working week -- 7.10. Managing change -- 7.11. Summary -- 8. Training -- 8.1. Introduction -- 8.2. The trainees -- 8.3. Training methods -- 8.4. The course -- 8.5. Alternative approaches -- 8.6. Making training more effective -- 8.7. After the course -- 8.8. Summary -- 9. The environment -- 9.1. Introduction -- 9.2. Noise -- 9.3. Lighting -- 9.3.1. Glare -- 9.3.2. Artificial light -- 9.3.3. Natural light -- 9.3.4. Color -- 9.4. Thermal comfort -- 9.5. Summary -- 10. Manual handling -- 10.1. Introduction -- 10.2. Manual handling injuries -- 10.3. Reducing the risk -- 10.3.1. Mechanical assistance -- 10.3.2. Work demands -- 10.3.3. Object characteristics -- 10.3.4. Environmental conditions -- 10.3.5. The person -- 10.4. Training -- 10.5. Summary -- 11. Work-related ill health -- 11.1. Introduction -- 11.2. Upper limb disorders -- 11.2.1. Types of upper limb disorders -- 18.104.22.168. Tenosynovitis -- 22.214.171.124. Carpal tunnel syndrome -- 126.96.36.199. Dupuytren's contracture -- 188.8.131.52. Vibration white finger -- 184.108.40.206. Ganglion -- 220.127.116.11. Epicondylitis -- 18.104.22.168. Tendinitis -- 22.214.171.124. Frozen shoulder -- 126.96.36.199. Thoracic outlet syndrome -- 188.8.131.52. Cervical spondylosis -- 184.108.40.206. Osteoarthritis -- 11.2.2. Causes of upper limb disorders -- 220.127.116.11. Repetition -- 18.104.22.168. Awkward postures -- 22.214.171.124. Static muscle work -- 126.96.36.199. Force -- 188.8.131.52. Duration of exposure -- 184.108.40.206. Other contributory factors -- 220.127.116.11. Psychosocial factors -- 18.104.22.168. Extra-organizational factors -- 11.3. Responding to ULDs -- 11.4. Backache -- 11.5. Visual fatigue -- 11.6. Stress -- 11.7. Summary -- 12. Disability -- 12.1. Introduction -- 12.2. Workstation arrangements -- 12.3. Computer work -- 12.4. General environment -- 12.5 Summary -- 13. Risk assessment -- 13.1. Introduction -- 13.2. Sample checklists -- 14. Case studies -- 14.1. Introduction -- 14.2. Case study A -- 14.3. Case study B -- 14.4. Case study C -- 14.5. Case study D -- 14.6. Case study E --14.7. Case study F.
- 2006Bruce Carl Anderson.
- 2015 SpringerJonathan D. Emery, Marie Fidela R. Paraiso, editors.Recent trends in medicine have pushed many gynecologic procedures to the outpatient setting, whether in-office, in small medical ambulatory surgery centers, or in procedure rooms. Office-Based Gynecologic Surgical Procedures covers both basic and advanced procedures, from biopsy and saline ultrasound to cystoscopy. It answers the "How?", "What?", and "When?" of setting up, preparing for, and confidently performing office procedures. While appropriate training and certification in these procedures such as cystoscopy and hysteroscopy is needed, this book is an excellent resource for advice and tips on how to safely transition from the technique used in the operating room. It also provides the necessary algorithms and in-depth instructions pertinent to performing these types of procedures effectively in the office setting. A chapter on patient safety in the office is also included. Office-Based Gynecologic Surgical Procedures is ideal for established OBGYNs in practice who want to expand their range of procedures offered in-office, fellows in Women's Health, advanced nurse practitioners, recent OBGYN residency graduates, and family medicine physicians eager to familiarize themselves with women's health procedures.
- 2015 SpringerTohru Asai, Masami Ochi, Hitoshi Yokoyama, editors.1. OPCAB made in Japan, evidence on off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting from Japan -- 2. Statistics of OPCAB in Japan -- 3. Evidence in OPCAB, critical appraisal of recent RCT based on CABG in Japen -- 4. Indication and safe strategy -- 5. Approach -- 6. Intraoperative management and anesthesia -- 7. Controversy, volume load vs. vasopressor -- 8. Urgent pump conversion, when does it occur and how can we prevent it? -- 9. Exposure -- 10. Stabilization -- 11. Securing the distal anastomosis site, coronary artery occlusion, shunt, and blower -- 12. Graft planning -- 13. Controversy, composite grafts versus individual grafts -- 14. Harvesting, tip and pitfalls -- 15. Graft-coronary anastomosis in off-pump CABG -- 16. Coronary endarterectomy and long onlay-patch grafting -- 17. OPCAB proximal -- 18. Intraoperative graft assessment OPCAB made in Japan -- 19. Stroke -- 20. Patient management OPCAB -- 21. Redo operation -- 22. Combined surgery (TAA, AAA, or cancer) concomitant or staged surgeries? -- 23. Difficult heart -- 24. Difficult corionary OPCAB made in Japan -- 25. Off-pump CABG for patients with end-stage renal failure -- 26. How do we teach off-pump surgery to the next generation? -- 27. Hybrid approach (OPCAB+PCI/TAVI/Ddebranching TEVAR) -- 28. Robotic surgery -- 29. OPCAB combined regenerative surgery -- Erratum -- Index.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyedited by Andrew D. Bersten, Neil Soni.Whether you're a newcomer to the ICU or a seasoned practitioner, Oh's Intensive Care Manual delivers the practical, expert answers you need to manage the conditions you see every day in the intensive care unit. This highly esteemed, bestselling medical reference book presents comprehensive detail on each topic, while maintaining a succinct, accessible style so this information can be seamlessly incorporated into your daily practice.
- 2009edited by Andrew D. Bersten, Neil Soni.
- 2006volume editors, Alejandro Schudel, Michel Lombard.
- 2008David Hutton.
- 2008World Health Organization.
- 2013 Springer Protocolsedited by Chiquito J. Crasto.Despite the best efforts of many and despite landmark discoveries and experimental ingenuity, challenges in the pursuit of research related to olfactory receptors (ORs) continue to exist. In Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols, experts in the field contribute chapters that serve to address these challenges. The volume consists of several sections: knowledge dissemination of ORs, theoretical assessments of OR structure and function, as well as development and use of expression systems and experimental functional analysis. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Concise and practical, Olfactory Receptors: Methods and Protocols seeks to aid researchers in furthering the knowledge of olfaction and moving us ever closer to the thrilling discoveries that will follow.
- 2009Elizabeth D. Covington.
- 2010edited by Victor R. Preedy, Ronald Ross Watson.The plant, production, olives and olive oil, and their detailed characterization. The plant and production. Olives and olive oil. The detailed characterization of olives and olive products -- Components of olives and olive plant product and uses. Lipids, phenolics, and other organics and volatiles. Metals, electrolytes, and other components. Non fruit aspects including mill wastewater -- Stability, microbes, contaminants, and adverse components and processes. Bacterial and fungal and other microbial aspects. Pesticides and adulterants. Toxicology and contaminants -- Analytical methods. Natural components. Adverse components -- General nutrition. General aspects and changes in food processing -- Cardiovascular. Cardiac aspects. Vascular aspects including hypertension. Lipid aspects -- Oxidative stress -- Cancer and immunology. Cancer. Immunology and inflammation -- Other effects, uses, and diseases. Cells and cellular effects. Skin and cosmeceuticals. Major organ systems including liver and metabolism -- Tyrosol and hydroxytyrosol -- Oleuropein -- Oleic acid -- Other components found in olive plants and products.
- 2013 Springeredited by Fabien De Meester, Ronald Ross Watson, Sherma Zibadi.Over the last several years developing human research suggests that a component of omega-3 fatty acids, long chain ones, contribute particularly to health benefits. Omega-6/3 Fatty Acids: Functions, Sustainability Strategies and Perspectives focuses on developing information on this newly recognized key component. This volume uniquely, and for the first time, focuses on sustainability of natural sources of omega-3 fatty acids variants including long chain ones, and on ways to increase their use and availability to reduce major diseases. The authors review cardiovascular disease, neurological changes and mental health and other diseases like diabetes where long chain omega-3 fatty acids play protective roles from recent human trials. Each chapter evaluates developing information on the possible mechanistic role of long chain omega-3 fatty acids. After showing their requirement and involvement in health promotion there are reviews of various sources and ways to protect and promote them. Authors provide support for the benefits and sources of long chain omega-3 fatty acids and their increased dietary intake that reduce various physical and mental illnesses. Omega-6/3 Fatty Acids: Functions, Sustainability and Perspectives is a unique and important new volume that provides the latest data and reviews to physicians who need to assess serum omega-6/3 and fatty acids to help diagnose risks and change diets and to inform industry and the scientific community with reviews of research for actions including new studies and therapies.
- Obesity : dietary and developmental influences — Omega-6/3 fatty acids : functions, sustainability, strategies, and perspectives (125)
- Omega-3 fatty acids and the DHA principle — Optic nerve disorders : diagnosis and management. Second edition. [2nd ed.] (125)
- Optical coherence tomography — Orthopedic traumatology : a resident's guide. 2nd ed. (125)
- Orthopedic traumatology : an evidence-based approach — Ozone : a new medical drug. 2nd ed. (123)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more.
Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.MicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.DynaMed Plus is a clinical information resource used by physicians to answer clinical questions quickly and easily at the point of care. Topics are updated daily as new evidence becomes available.Scopus is the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings.A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesProvides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.
Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences.
Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.
Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not.
Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.BMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditions.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials (CENTRAL) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.MedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffMicromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test informationA drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.A trusted source of expert advice for and about kids, providing the information necessary to help patients and parents understand their unique needs.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities.
In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.
A web-based, decision support system for infectious diseases, epidemiology, microbiology and antimicrobial chemotherapy. The database, updated weekly, currently includes 337 diseases, 224 countries, 1,147 microbial taxa and 306 antibacterial (-fungal, -parasitic, -viral) agents and vaccines.
Over 10,000 notes outline the status of specific infections within each country.
Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers.
Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.