- N-acetylaspartate ......................
- — Neuro-oncology Part I-II ...............
- Neuro-ophthalmology ....................
- — Neuroscience of hallucinations .........
- Neuroscience of preference and choice...
- — Novel food ingredients for weight con...
- Novel food processing technologies .....
- — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and...
- Neuroscience of preference and choice. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirectThe neurobiology of preferences / Mkael Symmonds and Raymond J. Dolan -- Models of value and choice / Peter Dayan -- Predicting emotional reactions: mechanisms, bias and choice / Tali Sharot -- The evolution of our preferences: insights from non-human primates / Venkat Lakshminarayanan and Laurie R. Santos -- The effect of context on choice and value / Benedetto de Martino -- Preference change through choice / Petter Johansson, Lars Hall and Nick Chater -- Set-size effects and the neural representation of value / Kenway Louie and Paul W. Glimcher -- Social factors and preference change / Daniel Campbell-Meiklejohn and Chris D. Frith -- Social and emotional factors in decision-making: appraisal and value / Elizabeth A. Phelps and Peter Sokol-Hessner -- Auditory preferences and aesthetics: music, voices, and everyday sounds / Josh H. McDermott -- The flexibility of chemosensory preferences / Géraldine Coppin and David Sander -- Dynamic preference formation via gaze and memory / Hsin-I Liao and Shinsuke Shimojo -- Choice sets as percepts / Andrew Caplin -- Preferences and their implication for policy, health and wellbeing / Ivo Vlaev and Ara Darzi.
- Neuroscience, consciousness and spirituality 2011, Springer"Neuroscience, Consciousness and Spirituality presents a variety of perspectives by leading thinkers on contemporary research into the brain, the mind and the spirit. This volumes aims at combining knowledge from neuroscience with approaches from the experiential perspective of the first person singular in order to arrive at an integrated understanding of consciousness. Individual chapters discuss new areas of research, such as near death studies and neuroscience research into spiritual experiences, and report on significant new theoretical advances. From Harald Walach's introductory essay, "Neuroscience, Consciousness, Spirituality--Questions, Problems and Potential Solutions," to the concluding chapter by Robert K. C. Foreman entitled "An Emerging New Model for Consciousness: The Consciousness Field Model," this book represents a milestone in the progress towards an integrated understanding of spirituality, neuroscience and consciousness. It is the first in a series of books that are dedicated to this topic."--Publisher's website.
- Neuroscience. 2nd ed. 2001, NCBI Bookshelf
- Organization of the nervous system -- Neuron excitation -- Synapses -- Neurotransmitters -- Neural coding -- Somatosensory systems -- Vision -- Hearing -- Smell and taste -- Motor function: spinal cord and brainstem -- Movement: cortex, cerebellum and basal ganglia -- Neuroendocrinology and autonomic functions -- Brain and behavior -- Developmental neurobiology -- Memory and cognition -- Brain disorders.
- High-yield facts -- Gross anatomy of the brain -- Development -- The neuron -- The synapse -- Neurochemistry/neurotransmitters -- The spinal cord -- The autonomic nervous system -- The brainstem and cranial nerves -- Sensory systems -- Anatomy of the forebrain0 -- Motor systems -- Higher functions.
- High Yield Facts -- Gross Anatomy of the Brain -- Development -- Anatomical and Functional Properties of Neurons and Muscle -- The Synapse -- Neurochemistry / Neurotransmitters -- The Spinal Cord -- The Autonomic Nervous System -- The Brainstem and Cranial Nerves -- Sensory Systems -- Anatomy of the Forebrain -- Motor Systems -- Higher Functions.
- High-yield facts -- Gross anatomy of the brain -- Development -- Anatomical and functional properties of neurons and muscle -- The synapse -- Neurochemistry/Neurotransmitters -- The spinal cord -- The autonomic nervous system -- The brainstem and cranial nerves -- Sensory systems -- Anatomy of the forebrain -- Motor systems -- Higher functions.
- Neurosteroid effects in the central nervous system 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Neurosurgery 2010, Springer
- Neurosurgery 2005, SpringerNeurophysiology -- Neuroradiology and ultrasound -- Neuropathology -- Neuroanesthesia -- Neurosurgical intensive care -- Neuroendoscopy -- Principles and practice of image-guided neurosurgery -- Stereotactic radiosurgery -- Low-grade gliomas in adults -- Neurosurgical management of high-grade gliomas -- Sellar and parasellar tumors -- Meningiomas -- Intraventricular and pineal region tumors -- Cerebello-pontine angle tumors -- Skull base tumors -- Tumors: cerebral metastases and lymphoma -- Cerebral blood flow: physiology and measurement techniques -- Aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage --Interventional neuroradiology -- Arteriovenous malformations -- Management of severe head injury -- Spine injuries -- Rehabilitation of neurologically injured patients -- Hydrocephalus and shunts -- Craniosynostosis -- Syndromic craniosynostosis -- Spinal dysraphism -- Pediatric neuro-oncology -- Management of spinal tumors -- Management of extradural spinal tumors -- Degenerative disease of the cervical spine -- Peripheral and cranial nerve injury -- Pain -- Epilepsy surgery -- Functional neurosurgery for movement disorders -- Infections in the central nervous system -- Infections in neurological surgery -- Ischemic stroke and carotid endarterectomy.
- Neurotechnology 2012, CRCnetBASE
- Neurotherapy 2009, ScienceDirect
- Neurotology. 2nd ed. 2005
- Neurotransmitter interactions and cognitive function 2006, Springer
- Neurotransmitter transporters ScienceDirectSection 1. Purification of transporter proteins and cDNAs -- Section 2. Pharmacological approaches and binding studies -- Section 3. Transport assays and kinetic analyses -- Section 4. Biochemical approaches for structure-function analyses -- Section 5. Expression systems and molecular genetic approaches -- Section 6. Application of electrophysiological techniques to neurotransmitter carriers -- Section 7. Microdialysis and electrochemical measurements.
- Neurotransmitter transporters 2006, Springer
- Neurotrauma 2007, ScienceDirect
- Epidemiology of spinal injuries / Darric E. Baty ... [et al.] -- Pathophysiology of spinal injuries / Jeffrey S. Silber ... [et al.] -- Spinal cord regeneration / Charles H. Tator -- Spinal injury classification systems / F. C. Oner -- Imaging spinal cord injuries / Paul D. Campbell Jr. and John A. Carrino -- Biomechanics of the spine / Eve C. Tsai, Eric P. Roger, and Edward C. Benzel -- Prehospital management of spinal injuries / Paul Park and Kevin T. Foley -- Timing of surgery for spinal injuries / Gordon K. T. Chu and Michael G. Fehlings -- Management of cervical injuries / David O. Okonkwo, Rod J. Oskouian Jr., and Christopher I. Shaffrey -- Classification, diagnosis, and management of thoracolumbar spinal injuries / Steven C. Zeiller ... [et al.] -- Spinal cord injuries in the athlete / Brian Kwon, David H. Kim, and Alexander R. Vaccaro -- Critical care of acute spinal cord injuries / Melissa Y. Macias and Dennis J. Maimana -- Pediatric spinal injuries / William S. Anderson and George I. Jallo -- Rehabilitation and recovery from spinal injuries / Tom Stanley ... [et al.] -- Socioeconomics of spinal injuries / Rob D. Dickerman, Michael O'Malley, and Jack Zigler -- Quality of life, professionalism, and research ethics in the treatment of spinal injuries / Paul J. Ford.
- Neurotrophin protocols Springer Protocols
- Neurovascular imaging 2010, Springer
- Neurovascular neuropsychology 2009, SpringerThis volume focuses on focal and diffuse neurovascular disease in addition to systemic conditions in which cognition and behavior have been uniquely associated with different pathologic states.
- Neuroviral infections. General principles and DNA viruses / 2013, CRCnetBASENeuroviral infections : a historical perspective -- Neuroviral infections and immunity -- Controlling neuroinflammation : lessons from rabies virus -- Laboratory diagnosis of CNS viral infections -- New trends in antiviral therapy of CNS infections -- Animal models of viral encephalitis -- Herpes simplex virus and human CNS infections -- CNS, neurological infections caused by the herpes virus Varicella zoster virus (VZV) and models of VZV-neurotropism -- Epstein- Barr virus and CNS infections -- Cytomegalovirus (CMV) infection -- Human herpesvirus 6A, 6B, and 7 encephalitis -- The human polyomavirus JC and progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy.
- Neuroviral infections. RNA viruses and retroviruses / 2013, CRCnetBASEAlphavirus neurovirulence -- Neurological chikungunya : lessons from recent epidemics, animal models, and other alphavirus family members -- Arenaviruses and neurovirology -- Bunyaviruses -- Human coronaviruses : respiratory pathogens revisited as infectious neuroinvasive, neurotropic, and neurovirulent agents -- Non-polio enteroviruses, polioviruses, and human CNS infections -- Neurovirulence of West Nile Virus -- Murray Valley encephalitis virus -- Japanese encephalitis virus and human CNS infection -- Tick Borne Encephalitis Virus (TBEV) infection -- Saint Louis encephalitis -- Powassan virus infection -- Neurological Dengue -- Influenza virus and CNS infections -- Human paramyxoviruses and infections of the central nervous system -- Rabies virus neurovirulence -- Rubella virus infections -- Human T-lymphotropic virus -- Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) neuropathogenesis.
- Neutron capture therapy 2012, Springer
- Neutron scattering in biology 2006, Springer
- Neutrophil 2003, Karger
- Neutrophil methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsThe role of neutrophils in the immune system: an overview / H.L. Malech -- Subcellular fractionation of human neutrophils and analysis of subcellular markers / L. Udby and N. Borregaard -- Rac and Rap GTPase activation assays / U.G. Knaus, A. Bamberg and G.M. Bokoch -- Measurement of phospholipid metabolism in intact neutrophils / S. Sergeant and L.C. McPhail -- Analysis of protein phosphorylation in human neutrophils / J. El-Benna and P.M.-C. Dang -- Mitogen-activated protein kinase assays / M. Torres -- Transduction of proteins into intact neutrophils / T. Zhao and G.M. Bokoch -- Optical methods for the measurement and manipulation of cytosolic free calcium in neutrophils / E.J. Hillson, S. Dewitt and M.B. Hallett -- Analysis of electrophysiological properties and responses of neutrophils / D. Morgan and T.E. DeCoursey -- Analysis of neutrophil apoptosis / E.L. Taylor ... [et al.] -- Optical and fluorescence detection of neutrophil integrin activation / U.Y. Schaff ... [et al.] -- Analysis of neutrophil polarization and chemotaxis / M.A. Lokuta, P.A. Nuzzi and A. Huttenlocher -- Quantifying and localizing actin-free barbed ends in neutrophils / M. Glogauer -- Measurement of neutrophil adhesion under conditions mimicking blood flow / M.A. Jutila ... [et al.] -- Model systems to investigate neutrophil adhesion and chemotaxis / N.A. Louis, E. Campbell and S.P. Colgan -- Immunofluorescence and confocal microscopy of neutrophils / L.-A.H. Allen -- Assessment of phagosome formation and maturation by fluorescence microscopy / B.E. Steinberg and S. Grinstein -- Analysis of neutrophil membrane traffic during phagocytosis / P. Loennbro, P. Nordenfelt and H. Tapper -- Analysis of neutrophil bactericidal activity / J.N. Green, C.C. Winterbourn and M.B. Hampton -- A skin chamber technique as a human model for studies of aseptic inflammatory reactions / P. Follin and C. Dahlgren -- Measurement of respiratory burst products generated by professional phagocytes / C. Dahlgren, A. Karlsson and J. Bylund -- The K-562 cell model for analysis of neutrophil NADPH oxidase function / T.L. Leto ... [et al.] -- Cell-free assays: the reductionist approach to the study of NADPH oxidase assembly, or "all you wanted to know about cell-free assays but did not dare to ask" / S. Molshanski-Mor ... [et al.] -- Immunoaffinity purification of human phagocyte flavocytochrome b and analysis of conformational dynamics / R.M. Taylor and A.J. Jesaitis -- Genome-scale transcript analyses in human neutrophils / S.D. Kobayashi, D.E. Sturdevant and F.R. DeLeo -- Fast and accurate quantitative analysis of cytokine gene expression in human neutrophils by reverse transcription real-time PCR / N. Tamassia, M.A. Cassatella and F. Bazzoni -- Detection of intact transcription factors in human neutrophils / P.P. McDonald and R.D. Ye -- Disorders of neutrophil function: an overview / M.C. Dinauer -- Diagnostic assays for chronic granulomatous disease and other neutrophil disorders / H.Z. Elloumi and S.M. Holland -- Diagnostic assays for myeloperoxidase deficiency / W.M. Nauseef.
- Nevogenesis 2012, Springer
- New agents for the treatment of acute lymphoblastic leukemia 2011, Springer
- New and emerging proteomic techniques 2006, Springer ProtocolsOn-chip protein synthesis for making microarrays / Niroshan Ramachandran ... [et al.] -- RCA-enhanced protein detection arrays / Brian B. Haab and Paul M. Lizardi -- Antibody microarrays using resonance light-scattering particles for detection / Bernhard H. Geierstanger, Petri Saviranta, and Achim Brinker -- Chemical proteomics profiling of proteasome activity / Martijn Verdoes ... [et al.] -- Two-dimensional difference gel electrophoresis / Terence L. Wu -- Oligomeric states of proteins determined by size-exclusion chromatography coupled with light scattering, absorbance, and refractive index detectors / Ewa Folta-Stogniew -- Surface plasmon resonance imaging measurements of protein interactions with biopolymer microarrays / Terry T. Goodrich ... [et al.] --Surface plasmon resonance mass spectrometry for protein analysis / Dobrin Nedelkov and Randall W. Nelson -- High-throughput affinity mass spectrometry / Urban A. Kiernan ... [et al.] -- Isotope-coded affinity tags for protein quantification / Christopher M. Colangelo and Kenneth R. Williams -- Proteomic analysis by multidimensional protein identification technology / Laurence Florens and Michael P. Washburn -- Isolation of glycoproteins and identification of their N-linked glycosylation sites / Hui Zhang and Ruedi Aebersold -- N-Glycosylation analysis using the StrOligo algorithm / Martin Ethier, Daniel Foigeys, and Hélène Perreault -- MALDI-MS data analysis for disease biomarker discovery / Weichuan Yu ... [et al.] -- Using the global proteome machine for protein identification / Ronald C. Beavis.
- New and evolving infections of the 21st century 2007, Springer
- New animal models of human neurological diseases 2008, KargerTheoretical considerations on animal models / Poindron, P., Callizot, N., Piguet, P. -- Mouse models with motor neuron defects as a tool for deciphering amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. Applications, limits, and future challenges / Echaniz-Laguna, A. ... [et al.] -- A chronic relapsing animal model for multiple sclerosis. Myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein induced experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis in dark agouti rats / Kinter, J., Zeis, T., Schaeren-Wiemers, N. -- Occlusion of the middle cerebral artery in rats. Refinement of an animal model for human stroke / Cam, E. ... [et al.] -- Pyridoxine-induced peripheral neuropathy. Animal models and uses / Callizot, N., Poindron, P. -- A dopamine-sensitive inherited motor syndrome linked to the frissonnant mutation / Callizot, N., Guenet, J.-L., Poindron, P.
- New antibiotic targets 2008, Springer Protocols
- New approaches for the generation and analysis of microbial typing data 2001, ScienceDirectAn introduction to the generation and analysis of microbial typing data / Lenie Dijkshoorn and Kevin Towner -- Theoretical aspects of pattern analysis / Arjen van Ooyen -- Setting-up intra- and inter-laboratory databases of electrophoretic profiles / Herre F. Heersma, Kristin Kremer, Dick van Soolingen and John Hauman -- Fingerprinting of microorganisms by protein and lipopolysaccharide SDS-PAGE / Lenie Dijkshoorn -- rRNA gene restriction pattern determination (ribotyping) and computer interpretation / Patrick A.D. Grimont and Francine Grimont -- Generation and analysis of RAPD fingerprinting profiles / Kevin Towner and Hajo Grundmann -- Analysis of microbial genomic macrorestriction patterns by pulsed-field gel electrophoresis (PFGE) typing / Marc J. Struelens, Raf De Ryck and Ariane Deplano -- Selective restriction fragment amplification by AFLPTM / Paul J.D. Janssen -- Application and analysis of ARDRA patterns in bacterial identification, taxonomy and phylogeny / Mario Vaneechoutte and Marc Heyndrickx -- Insertion sequence (IS) typing and oligotyping / Nicholas A. Saunders -- Molecular characterisation of microbial communities based on 16S rRNA sequence diversity / Erwin G Zoetendal, Antoon DL Akkermans and Willem M de Vos -- From multilocus enzyme electrophoresis to multilocus sequence typing / Dominique A. Caugant.
- New aspects in inflammatory cardiomyopathy 2002, HighWire
- New aspects of CMV-related immunopathology 2003, Karger
- New challenges in communication with cancer patients 2013, Springer
- New challenges in gastrointestinal endoscopy 2008, Springer
- Chapter 1. What can we learn from a family history? -- Chapter 2. How can a patient's chromosomes be studied? -- Chapter 3. How do genes work? -- Chapter 4. How can a patient's DNA be studied? -- Chapter 5. How can we check a patient's DNA for gene mutations? -- Chapter 6. What do mutations do? -- Chapter 7. What is epigenetics? -- Chapter 8. How do our genes affect our metabolism, drug responses and immune system? -- Chapter 9. How do researchers identify genes for Mendelian diseases? -- Chapter 10. Why are some conditions common and others rare? -- Chapter 11. When is screening useful? -- Chapter 12. Is cancer genetic? -- Chapter 13. Should we be testing for genetic susceptibility to common diseases? -- Chapter 14. What services are available for families with genetic disorders?
- New concepts in cerebral ischemia 2002, CRCnetBASE
- New concepts in managing patients with chronic heart failure 2006, HighWire
- New concepts of antiviral therapy 2006, Springer
- New diagnostic technology Lane Catalog record
- Drug development teams -- Nonclinical drug development: pharmacology, drug metabolism, and toxicology-- The Investigational new drug application and the investigator's brochure -- General considerations of the new drug application -- Abbreviated and supplemental new drug applications -- The Biologics License Application (BLA) -- Device legislation and application -- Orphan drugs -- Clinical research protocols -- Adverse experiences, adverse reactions, and interactions of drugs -- Biostatistics in pharmaceutical product development: facts, recommendations, and solutions -- Industry and FDA liaison -- Chemistry, manufacturing, and control requirements of the NDA and ANDA -- Data presentation for FDA submissions: text and tabular exposition -- Preparing for FDA inspections: manufacturing sites -- Technology change: advantages in the pharmaceutical industries -- Technology change: advantages in the pharmaceutical industries --The Common technical document for the registration of pharmaceuticals for human use -- Oblications of the investigator, sponsor, and monitor -- Institutional review board/independent ethics committee and informed consent: protecting subjects throughout the clinical research process -- Quality assurance -- Managing clinical trials -- The European Union directive on good clinical practice in clinical trials: implications for future research -- HIPAA: a new requirement to the clinical study process --Working with a CRO -- The Evolving SMO in the United States -- Accelerating new product approvals.
- New drug development 2004, CRCnetBASE
- New drug development. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerNew drug development -- The regulatory environment -- Drug discovery -- Nonclinical research -- Designing clinical trials -- Conducting clinical trials I: Experimental methodology -- Conducting clinical trials II: Operational execution -- Statistical analysis -- Statistical significance -- Clinical significance -- Sample size estimation -- General safety assessments -- Efficacy assessment -- Cardiac and cardiovascular safety assessments -- Manufacturing small molecule drugs and biologicals -- Postmarketing surveillance -- Main themes and concluding comments -- References -- Index.
- New drugs and targets for asthma and COPD 2010, Karger"Asthma, allergy and chronic obstructive lung disease are common throughout the world and are increasing in incidence, particularly in the developing world. This volume provides a state-of-the-art account of the identification of new targets and the development of new therapies for these conditions. Some 40 chapters by clinical academics and senior members of the pharmaceutical industry detail the latest breakthroughs in research and development. In asthma, a promising approach is the use of therapy directed against specific Th2 responses through biological antagonists of IL-5, IL-4 and IL-13. There have also been major advances in our understanding of innate immune responses to pathogen-associated molecular patterns, and in the area of Toll-like receptors. Up to date and comprehensive, this book will be of particular relevance to those working in the pharmaceutical industry (in preclinical research and clinical development), to academic researchers in the field of respiratory medicine, and to respiratory health care specialists."--Publisher's website.
- New foundation of biology 2001, ScienceDirect
- New frontiers in angiogenesis 2006, Springer
- New frontiers in contraceptive research 2004, NAP
- New frontiers in lifestyle-related diseases 2008, Springer
- New frontiers in regenerative medicine 2007, Springer
- New frontiers in respiratory control 2010, Springer
- Methods and tools in molecular epidemiology -- Molecular typing of bacterial pathogens: a tool for the epidemiological study and control of infectious diseases -- Contribution of population genetics -- Molecular epidemiology and evolutionary genetics of infectious diseases -- Population genetics and molecular epidemiology of infectious diseases -- Contribution of population and evolutionary epidemiology -- Modelling the dynamics of host-parasite interactions: basic principles -- Evolution of virulence: intuitions and models -- Case studies -- Molecular epidemiology of tuberculosis -- Pneumocystis molecular phylogeny: a way to understand both pneumocystosis natural histry and host taxonomy -- Hantavirus genetic diversity -- New integrations -- Nasal carriage of methicillin-resistant coagulase-negative staphylocococci: a reservoir of mecA gene for Staphylococcus aureus -- Molecular knowledge of mechanisms of helminth resistance: importance for diagnostic and epidemiology -- Molecular epidemiology of disease resistance genes with perspectives for researches on biological invasions and hybrid zones -- How does biodiversity influence the ecology of infectious disease? -- Epidemiological interaction at the wildlife/livestock/human interface: can we anticipate emerging infectious diseases in their hotspots? A framework for understanding emerging diseases processes in their hot spots.
- New frontiers of network analysis in systems biology 2012, SpringerGene Expression Profiling and Regulatory Networks in Single Cells /Fumio Arai, Kentaro Hosokawa, Yoshiko Matsumoto, Hirofumi Toyama and Toshio Suda --Cell Fate Regulatory Networks /Sonya J. Ridden and Ben D. MacArthur --Noise in Regulatory Networks /Srinandan Dasmahapatra --Generalised Modelling in Systems Biology /Thilo Gross --Relative Quantification Mass Spectrometry Using iTRAQ Isobaric Tags /Richard D. Unwin, Emma Carrick and Anthony D. Whetton --Deciphering Protein Complexes and Protein Interaction Networks for Stem Cell Pluripotency /Jianlong Wang --Omics Era in Stem Cell Research: Data Integration of Multi-regulatory Layers /Ana Sevilla, Benjamin Trinite and Ihor R. Lemischka --High Throughput Affinity Purification and Mass Spectrometry to Determine Protein Complex Interactions /Anna Malovannaya, Rainer B. Lanz, Bert W. O'Malley and Jun Qin --Network Pharmacology to Aid the Drug Discovery Process /Ruth Dannenfelser, Huilei Xu, Catherine Raimond and Avi Ma'ayan --What Can Networks Do for You? /Bernhard M. Schuldt, Franz-Josef Müller and Andreas A. Schuppert.
- New generation vaccines. 3rd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- New high throughput technologies for DNA sequencing and genomics. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectOverview: developments in DNA sequencing / Keith R. Mitchelson ... [et al.] -- Chip capillary electrophoresis and total genetic analysis systems / Quiang Xiong and Jing Cheng -- Comparative sequence analysis by MALDI-TOF mass spectrometry: utilizing the known to discover the new / Mathias Ehrich, Franz Hillenkamp, and Dirk van den Boom -- Advances in dye-nucleotide conjugate chemistry for DNA sequencing / Shiv Kumar and Carl W. Fuller -- The 454 life sciences picoliter sequencing system / Marcel Margulies ... [et al.] -- An integrated system for DNA sequencing by synthesis / John R. Edwards, Dae Hyun Kim, and Jingyue Ju -- Single-molecule fluorescence microscopy and its applications to single-molecule sequencing by cyclic synthesis / Benedict Hebert and Ido Braslavsky -- Rapid DNA sequencing by direct nanoscale reading of nucleotide bases on individual DNA chains / James Weifu Lee and Amit Meller -- A single molecule system for whole genome analysis / Shiguo Zhou, Jill Herschleb, and David C. Schwartz -- Sequencing aided by mutagenesis facilitates the de novo sequencing of megabase DNA fragments by short read lengths / Jonathan M. Keith ... [et al.] -- Genome sequencing and assembly / Annette McGrath -- Valid recovery of nucleic acid sequence information from high contamination risk samples: ancient DNA and environmental DNA / George A. Kowalchuk ... [et al.].
- New insights in medical mycology 2007, SpringerImmunity to fungi -- In vitro models to analyse fungal infection -- Insects as models for studying the virulence of fungal pathogens of humans -- Novel antifungal therapies -- Candida albicans: new insights in infection, disease, and treatment -- Pathogenesis of Cryptococcus neoformans -- Zygomycetes -- Virulence of Aspergillus fumigatus -- Biology of the thermally dimorphic fungal pathogen Penicillium marneffei -- Immune responses to dermatophytoses -- Insights in Paracoccidioides brasiliensis pathogenicity -- Fusarium and Scedosporium: emerging fungal pathogens.
- New look at the heart in heart failure 2002, HighWire
- New methods for culturing cells from nervous tissues 2005, KargerHippocampal slice cultures / Förster, E., Bartos, M., Zhao, S. -- Protocol for the primary culture of cortical neurons / Gonthier, B. ... [et al.] -- A new technique to control the architecture of neuronal networks in vitro / Wyart, C. ... [et al.] -- Organotypic cultures of the rat retina / Hofmann, H.-D. ... [et al.] -- Cerebellar slice cultures / Kapfhammer, J.P. -- Culture of dissociated hippocampal neurons / Rigato, F. -- Improved methods for culturing rat and mouse motor neurons. Their applications / Guettier-Sigrist, S. ... [et al.] -- Characterization of long-term cultured cell lines of murine microglia called MAMI. The case for MAMI-96 cell line / Laporte, V. ... [et al.].
- New papers on health 2013, SIEPR
- New paradigm of immunity to tuberculosis 2013, Springer
- New perspectives in heart failure/ 2004, HighWire
- New perspectives in magnesium research 2007, SpringerOverview -- Magnesium homeostasis -- Nutrition -- Epidemiology -- Exercise -- Metabolic syndrome -- Cardiovascular disease -- Skeletal diseases and calcium metabolism -- Kidney -- Neurology -- Magnesium in dental medicine -- Magnesium in neurology and psychiatry -- Veterinary medicine.
- New perspectives in regeneration 2013, SpringerMechanisms of Vessel Regression: Toward an Understanding of the Resolution of Angiogenesis /Mateusz S. Wietecha, Wendy L. Cerny, Luisa A. DiPietro --Wound Healing in Mammals and Amphibians: Toward Limb Regeneration in Mammals /Aiko Kawasumi, Natsume Sagawa, Shinichi Hayashi --Cellular Plasticity During Vertebrate Appendage Regeneration /James R. Monaghan, Malcolm Maden --Cell Signaling Pathways in Vertebrate Lens Regeneration /Jonathan J. Henry, Alvin G. Thomas, Paul W. Hamilton --Regenerative Medicine: Challenges and Perspectives for Successful Therapies /S. Viswanathan, C. Joshi --Employing the Biology of Successful Fracture Repair to Heal Critical Size Bone Defects /Jo Ann Cameron, Derek J. Milner, Jung Seok Lee --Muscle Repair and Regeneration: Stem Cells, Scaffolds, and the Contributions of Skeletal Muscle to Amphibian Limb Regeneration /Derek J. Milner, Jo Ann Cameron --Neural Regeneration /Melissa M. Steward, Akshayalakshmi Sridhar --Teleost Fish as a Model System to Study Successful Regeneration of the Central Nervous System /Günther K. H. Zupanc, Ruxandra F. Sîrbulescu --Epigenetics and Regeneration /Nobuyasu Maki, Hironobu Kimura --Cell Cycle Regulation and Regeneration /Ellen Heber-Katz, Yong Zhang, Khamila Bedelbaeva.
- New perspectives in the study of Mesoamerican primates 2006, SpringerOverview of the Mesoamerican primate fauna, primate studies, and conservation concerns / Alejandro Estrada ... [et al.] -- Taxonomy and distributions of Mesoamerican primates / Anthony B. Rylands ... [et al.] -- The biogeographic history of Mesoamerican primates / Susan M. Ford -- Demographic features of Alouatta pigra populations in extensive and fragmented forests / Sarie Van Belle and Alejandro Estrada -- Population structure of black howlers (Alouatta pigra) in southern Belize and responses to Hurricane Iris / Mary S.M. Pavelka and Colin A. Chapman -- The effects of forest fragment age, isolation, size, habitat type, and water availability on monkey density in a tropical dry forest / Holly Noelle DeGama-Blanchet and Linda Marie Fedigan -- Forest fragmentation and its effects on the feeding ecology of black howlers (Alouatta pigra) from the Calakmul area in Mexico / Andrómeda Rivera and Sophie Calmé -- Intestinal parasitic infections in Alouatta pigra in tropical rainforest in Lacandona, Chiapas, Mexico : implications for behavioral ecology and conservation / Kathryn E. Stoner and Ana González Di Pierro -- Average body weight for mantled howling monkeys (Alouatta palliata) : an assessment of average values and variability / Kenneth E. Glander -- An exploratory analysis of developmental plasticity in Costa Rican mantled howler monkeys (Alouatta palliata palliata) / Clara B. Jones -- Travel patterns and spatial mapping in Nicaraguan mantled howler monkeys (Alouatta palliata) / Paul A. Garber and Petra E. Jelinek -- Use of landmark cues to locate feeding sites in wild capuchin monkeys (Cebus capucinus) : an experimental field study / Paul A. Garber and Ellen Brown -- Leap, bridge, or ride? Ontogenetic influences on positional behavior in Cebus and Alouatta / Michelle F. Bezanson -- Food choice by juvenile capuchin monkeys (Cebus capucinus) in a tropical dry forest / Katherine C. MacKinnon --Why be alpha male? Dominance and reproductive success in wild white-faced capuchins (Cebus capucinus) / Katharine M. Jack and Linda M. Fedigan -- Post-conceptive mating in white-faced capuchins, Cebus capucinus : hormonal and sociosexual patterns of cycling, noncycling, and pregnant females / Sarah D. Carnegie, Linda M. Fedigan and Toni E. Ziegler -- Growth of a reintroduced spider monkey (Ateles geoffroyi) population on Barro Colorado Island, Panama / Katharine Milton and Mariah E. Hopkins -- Primates in agroecosystems : conservation value of some agricultural practices in Mesoamerican landscapes / Alejandro Estrada ... [et al.] -- Primate populations in the protected forests of Maya archaeological sites in southern Mexico and Guatemala / Alejandro Estrada ... [et al.] -- Mapping primate populations in the Yucatan Peninsula, Mexico : a first assessment / Juan Carlos Serio-Silva, Víctor Rico-Gray and Gabriel Ramos-Fernández -- A metapopulation approach to conserving the howler monkey in a highly fragmented landscape in Los Tuxtlas, Mexico / Salvador Mandujano ... [et al.] -- Quantifying fragmentation of black howler (Alouatta pigra) habitat after Hurricane Iris (2001), southern Belize / Shelley M. Alexander, Mary S.M. Pavelka and Nicola H. Bywater -- New perspectives in the study of Mesoamerican primates : concluding comments and conservation priorities / Paul A. Garber, Alejandro Estrada and Mary S.M. Pavelka.
- New perspectives on aloe 2006, Springer
- New public health 2000, ScienceDirectForeword / Milton I. Roemer -- A history of public health -- Expanding the concept of public health -- Measuring and evaluating the health of a population -- Communicable diseases -- Noncommunicable conditions -- Family health -- Special community health needs -- Nutrition and food safety -- Environmental and occupational health -- Organization of public health systems -- Measuring costs: the economics of health -- Planning and managing health systems -- National health systems -- Human resources for health care -- Technology, quality, law and ethics -- Globalization of health -- Glossary -- Subject index.
- New public health and STD/HIV prevention 2013, SpringerSocio-demographic societal and supra-societal determinants and influences -- Social determinants of sexual networks, partnership formation, and sexually transmitted infections -- Epidemiology of STI and HIV: an overview of concentration and geographical and temporal dispersion -- Migration and the transmission of STIs -- Sexual networks and sexually transmitted infections: the strength of weak (long distance) ties -- Personal risk and public impact: balancing individual rights with STD and HIV prevention -- Critical factors in approaches to prevention -- Distribution of prevention resources and impact of sexual health in the USA -- Scaling up, coverage, and targeting -- Electronic media and STI prevention -- Twenty-first century leadership for public health and HIV/STI prevention -- Critical reveiws: enw public health focus for populations at risk for STI/HIV -- Enhancing women's sexual health: prevention measures in diverse populations of women -- Prevention of HIV and other blood-borne and sexually transmitted diseases in people who inject drugs: current status and future prospects -- Health, seuxal health, and syndemicsL toward a better appraoch to STI and HIV preventive interventions for men who have sex with men (MSM) in the United States -- Social determinants of sexual health in the USA among racial and ethnic minorities -- Adolescent sexual health and sexually transmitted infections: a conceptual and empirical demonstration -- Critical reviews: new public health STD/HIV prevention -- Preventing HIV/AIDS in the United States, 1981-2009: history in the making -- National strategic approach to improving the health of gay and bisexual men: experience in Australia -- Reducing disparities in sexual health: lessons learned from the campaign to eliminate infectious syphilis from the United States -- Human papillomavirus vaccine and prevention of human papillomavirus-associated disease in the USA -- Chlamydia control: a comparative reveiw from the USA and UK.
- The transformation of pharmacogenetics into pharmacogenomics reinforces personalized medicine towards pharmacotyping for improved patient care / Ioannis S. Vizirianakis -- Development, analysis and use of pharmacogenomic time series for pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic modeling of multi-tissue polygenic responses to corticosteroids / Richard R. Almon ... [et al.] -- Clinical applications of pharmacogenetics: genetic polymorphisms and neuroleptic malignant syndrome / Chiaki Kawanishi -- Genetic detection of antimicrobial resistance determinants in gram-positive cocci / Toshinobu Horii -- A special bibliography.
- New solutions for the heart 2011, SpringerThe changing population: the surgeon's challenge -- Fundamentals of the past: cardioplegia: the first period revisited -- Sites of injury: myocyte -- Sites of injury: the endothelium -- Intraoperative protection of the myocardium: effects of age and gender -- Protection of the right heart -- Protection of the failing heart -- Protection during heart transplantation -- The endothelium as target for interventions -- Vascular effects of cardioplegic arrest and cardiopulmonary bypass -- Oxygen radical scavengers -- New approaches to cardioplegia: alternatives to hyperkalemia -- Myocardial protection via the coronary venous route -- Donor heart preservation by continuous perfusion -- Visualization of cardioplegia delivery.
- New strategies in stroke intervention 2009, Springer
- New strategies to advance pre/diabetes care 2013, Springer
- New taxonomy 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroductory : toward the new taxonomy / Quentin D. Wheeler -- Networks and their role in e-taxonomy / Malcolm J. Scoble -- Taxonomy as a team sport / Sandra Knapp -- Planetary biodiversity inventories as models for the new taxonomy / Lawrence M. Page -- On the use of taxonomic concepts in support of biodiversity research and taxonomy / Nico M. Franz, Robert K. Peet and Alan S. Weakley -- International infrastructure for enabling the new taxonomy : the role of the Global Biodiversity Information Facility (GBIF) / Larry Speers and James L. Edwards -- DNA sequence in taxonomy : opportunities and challenges / Rudolf Meier -- Animal names for all : ICZN, ZooBank and the new taxonomy / Andrew Polaszek, Richard Pyle and Doug Yanega -- Understanding morphology in systematic contezxt : three-dimensional specimen ordination and recognition / Norman MacLeod -- Taxonomic shock and awe / Quentin D. Wheeler.
- New techniques for thoracic outlet syndromes 2013, Springer
- New techniques in genital prolapse surgery 2011, Springer
- New technologies in radiation oncology 2006, Springer
- New technologies in surgical oncology 2010, Springer
- New therapeutic targets in rheumatoid arthritis 2009, Springer
- New transcription factors and their role in diabetes and therapy 2006, ScienceDirectTranscription factor genes in type 2 diabetes / by M.N. Weedon, A.T. Hattersley & T.M. Frayling -- PPAR[gamma], a key therapeutic target in the metabolic syndrome-unique insights derived from the study of human genetic variants / by C.S. Mitchell & M. Gurnell -- PPAR[delta]: emerging therapeutic potential of novel agonists in lipid and glucose homeostasis / by U. Dressel & G.E.O. Muscat -- Liver X receptors as potential drug targets for diabetes and its disorders / by K.R. Steffenson -- SREBP-lc regulation of nutrient homeostasis and lipid accumulation / by P. Ferré ... [et al.] -- The adipocyte and adipose tissue as endocrine organs: impact on the insulin resistance phenotype / by R.R. Henry ... [et al.] -- FOXC2 in the adipocyte / by S. Enerbäck -- Regulation of adipocyte differentiation and metabolism by Wnt signaling and C/EBP transcription factors / by I. Gerin, H.D. Cha & O.A. MacDougald -- GATA proteins as molecular gatekeepers of adipogenesis / by J. Tsai, Q. Tong & G.S. Hotamisligil -- Forkhead proteins and the regulation of hepatic gene expression / by A. Barthel, S. Herzig & D. Schmoll -- Disruption of CREB regulated of gene expression in diabetes / by J.E.B. Reusch, P.A. Watson & S. Pugazhenthi -- Regulation of PGC-1 in humans with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes: functional implications / by J. Pihlajamäki & M.E. Patti -- Hepatic CCAAT/enhancer binding protein [beta] (C/EBP[beta]): engineer of diabetes, obesity, and inflammatory disease processes / by J.M. Schroeder-Gloeckler, S.M. Rahman & J.E. Friedman -- Insulin resistance, inflammation, and the IKK/I[kappa]B/NF-[kappa]B pathway by B.A. Bhatt & R.M. O'Doherty.
- New treatments in noninfectious uveitis 2012, KargerThe philosophy of treatment of uveitis : past, present and future / Kruh, J., Foster, C.S. -- The gold standard of noninfectious uveitis : corticosteroids / Lehoang, P. -- Corticosteroid-sparing agents : conventional systemic immunosuppressants / Kruh, J., Foster, C.S. -- Corticosteroid-sparing agents : new treatment options / Tomkins-Netzer, O., Taylor, S.R.J., Lightman, S. -- Mycophenolate mofetil use in the treatment of noninfectious uveitis / Klisovic, D.D. -- Anti-tumor necrosis factor : agents in noninfectious uveitis / Gueudry, J., LeHoang, P., Bodaghi, B. -- New biologic drugs : anti-interleukin therapy -- Tappeiner, C. ... [et al.] -- Interferon / Deuter, C., Stübiger, N., Zierhut, M. -- Rituximab for the treatment of noninfectious uveitis / Miserocchi, E., Modorati, G. -- Intravitreal injection therapy in the treatment of noninfectious uveitis / Modorati, G., Miserocchi, E. -- Corticosteroid intravitreal implants / de Smet, M.D. -- New treatment options for noninfectious uveitis / Gomes Bittencourt, M. ... [et al.].
- New trends in allergy and atopic eczema 2012, KargerAllergy in evolution / Platts-Mills, T.A.E. -- Climate change, environment and allergy / Behrendt, H., Ring, J. -- The hygiene hypothesis does not apply to atopic eczema in childhood / Cramer, C. ... [et al.] -- Molecular genetics of atopic eczema / Ring, J., Mohrenschlager, M., Weidinger, S. -- Mechanisms of immune tolerance to allergens / Fujita, H. ... [et al.] -- TH17 and TH22 in skin allergy / Cavani, A., Pennino, D., Eyerich, K. -- IL-25 induces both inflammation and skin barrier dysfunction in atopic dermatitis / Deleuran, M. ... [et al.] -- Angiogenesis, lymphangiogenesis and atopic dermatitis / Genovese, A. ... [et al.] -- What can dogs bring to atopic dermatitis research? / Olivry, T. -- Can microbial superantigens influence atopic dermatitis flares? / Alomar, A. -- Inflammation-induced alterations in the skin barrier function: implications in atopic dermatitis / Vestergaard, C. ... [et al.] -- Itch and eczema / Darsow, U. -- Eczema herpeticum / Wollenberg, A. -- Bone mineral density in patients with atopic dermatitis / Haeck, I. -- Immunosuppressive effect of prolactin-induced protein / Sugiura, S. ... [et al.] -- Is food allergy testing reliable in pediatric atopic dermatitis? A population-based study / Keck, L.E. ... [et al.] -- New strategies for dealing with staphylococcus aureus colonization and the emerging methicillin-resistant staphylococcus aureus epidemic in atopic dermatitis / Boguniewicz, M. -- Anti-IL-4 as a new strategy in allergy / Schmidt-Weber, C.B. -- New drug targets in atopic dermatitis / Simon, D., Simon, H.U. -- Latest approaches to treating atopic dermatitis / Paller, A.S.
- New trends in cancer for the 21st century. 2nd ed. 2006, SpringerPrognostic and therapeutic targets in the Ewing's family of tumors (PROTHETS) / P. Picci ... [et al.] -- Targeted therapies in Ewing's sarcoma / K. Scotlandi -- The CCN3 protein and cancer / B. Perbal -- EWS-FLI1 in Ewing's sarcoma: real targets and collateral damage / J. Ban ... [et al.] -- Molecular karyotyping in sarcoma diagnostics and research / H. Vauhkonen ... [et al] -- TuBaFrost: European virtual tumor tissue banking / P.H.J. Riegman ... [et al] -- Virtual microscopy in virtual tumor banking / M. Isabelle ... [et al] -- Harmonizing cancer control in Europe / U. Ringborg -- The diagnosis of cancer: from H&E to molecular diagnosis and back / J. Costa -- From morphological to molecular diagnosis of soft tissue tumors / M. Miettinen -- Prediction of response to neoadjuvant chemotherapy in carcinomas of the upper gastrointestinal tract / H. Höfler ... [et al] -- Integrating the diagnosis of childhood malignancies / D. López-Terrada -- Preclinical models for cell cycle-targeted therapies / M. Malumbres -- WWOX, a chromosomal fragile site gene and its role in cancer / D. Ramos and C.M. Aldaz -- From genome to proteome in tumor profiling: molecular events in colorectal cancer genesis / J.K. Habermann ... [et al] -- Effect of hypoxia on the tumor phenotype: the neuroblastoma and breast cancer models / L. Holmquist, T. Löfstedt, and S. Påhlman -- Methylation patterns and chemosensitivity in NSCLC / J.L. Ramírez ... [et al] -- Pharmacogenomics and colorectal cancer / H.J. Lenz -- Development of pharmacogenomic predictors for preoperative chemotherapy of breast cancer / L. Pusztai -- Vascular endothelial growth factor inhibitors in colon cancer / E. Díaz-Rubio -- Molecular imaging of cancer using PET and SPECT / A. Kjær -- MRS as endogenous molecular imaging for brain and prostate tumors: FP6 project "eTUMOR" / B. Celda ... [et al] -- From Linac to tomotherapy: new possibilities for cure? / G. Storme ... [et al] -- Targeting mTOR for cancer treatment / B. Rubio-Viqueira and M. Hidalgo -- Dual/pan-her tyrosine kinase inhibitors: focus in breast cancer / J. Albanell -- Antitumor-associated antigens IGGS: dual positive and negative potential effects for cancer therapy / E. Barberá Guillem and J.W. Sampsel -- Synergistic molecular mechanisms in hormone-sensitive breast cancer / A. Llombart Cussac.
- Intracranial aneuryms -- Perioperative management -- Management of unruptured intracranial aneurysms -- Intracranial arteriovenous malformations and Rural AVM, AVF -- Cerebral revascularization -- Venous system.
- New unified theory of psychology 2011, Springerpt. 1. Introduction and overview -- pt. 2. The four pieces that make up the unified theory -- pt. 3. Solving the problem of psychology -- pt. 4. Conclusion.
- New unifying biparametric nomenclature that spans all of chemistry 2004, ScienceDirect
- Newborn lung. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectMolecular bases for lung development, injury, and repair / Shu Wu -- Genetic influences in lung development and injury / Vineet Bhandari -- Perinatal events and their influence on lung development and function / Alan H. Jobe, Suhas G. Kallapur, Boris W. Kramer -- Hypoxia and hyperoxia : effects on the newborn pulmonary circulation / Stephen Wedgwood, Paul T. Schumacker, Robin Steinhorn -- The role of nitric oxide in lung growth and function / Girija G. Konduri -- Prenatal and postnatal microbial colonization and respiratory outcome in preterm infants / Rose M. Viscardi -- Influence of nutritional neonatal respiratory outcome / Cristina Navarrete, Ilene R.S. Sosenko -- Patent ductus arteriosus and the lung : acute effects and long-term consequences / Eduardo Bancalari, Ilene R.S. Sosenko, Nelson Claure -- Role of stem cells in neonatal lung injury / Karen C. Young, Cleide Suguihara -- New developments in the pathogenesis and prevention of bronchopulmonary dysplasia / Ilene R.S. Sosenko, Eduardo Bancalari --Long-term pulmonary outcome of preterm infants / Lex W. Doyle -- Respiratory and cardiovascular support in the delivery room / Myra H. Wyckoff -- Noninvasive respiratory support : an alternative to mechanical ventilation in preterm infants / Peter Davis, Colin J. Morley, Brett J. Manley -- Surfactant replacement : present and future / Christian P. Speer, David Sweet -- Oxygenation targeting and outcomes in preterm infants : the new evidence / Win Tin, Waldemar A. Carlo, Samir Gupta -- Hypoxemic episodes in the premature infant : causes, consequences, and management / Nelson Claure, Eduardo Bancalari -- Patient ventilator interaction / Eduardo Bancalari, Nelson Claure -- Strategies for limiting the duration of mechanical ventilation / Eduardo Bancalari, Nelson Claure -- Automation of respiratory support / Nelson Claure, Eduardo Bancalari -- Management of the infant with congenital diaphragmatic hernia / Roberta L. Keller -- Management of the infant with severe bronchopulmonary dysplasia / Steven Abman, Leif D. Nelin.
- Next medicine 2011Medicine's mission -- Symptoms -- Medicine's historical foundations -- The practice of medicine and the rise of the technological imperative -- Diagnosing current medicine -- Current medicine's treatment : next medicine -- The science of health -- Unweaving health -- Tons to ounces : repair to prevention -- Healthier living and aging : mens sana in corpore sano -- Closing the loop : healthy death -- Framing next medicine -- Next medicine in situ : healthier communities.
- Part I. Endoscopy as a Philosophy: Ancient-European Scientific Revolution (1700s) -- Part II. The Beginning of Early Modern Endoscopy 1800-1877: Bozzini, Desormeaux, Cruise -- Part III. 1870s-1899: The Era of Nitze -- Part IV. Early 20th Century: 1900-1939 -- Part V. 1940s-Present.
- NF-kB in health and disease 2011, SpringerUnderstanding the logic of I[kappa]B:NF-[kappa]B regulation in structural terms / Tom Huxford, Alexander Hoffmann and Gourisankar Ghosh -- NF-[kappa]B/Rel proteins and the humoral immune responses of Drosophila melanogaster / Sandhya Ganesan ... [et al.] -- Specialized chromatin patterns in the control of inflammatory gene expression / Gioacchino Natoli -- IKK regulation and human genetics / Giles Courtois and Alain Israel -- Control of NF-[kappa]B activity by proteolysis / Veronique Baud and Emmanuel Derudder -- NF-[kappa]B and Innate immunity / Anurupa Dev ... [et al.] -- NF-[kappa]B and mucosal homeostasis / Lars Eckmann and Andrew S. Neish -- IKK- and NF-[kappa]B-mediated functions in carcinogenesis / Melek C. Arkan and Florian R. Greten -- Macrophages and NF-[kappa]B in cancer / Toby Lawrence -- NF-[kappa]B in liver cancer : The plot thickens / Shlomi Finkin and Eli Pikarsky -- NF-[kappa]B as a target for oncogenic viruses / Shao-Cong Sun and Ethel Cesarman -- Inhibition of NF-[kappa]B signaling as a strategy in disease therapy / Thomas D. Gilmore and Michael R. Garbati.
- NF-[kappa]B/Rel transcription factor family 2006, Springer
- NGF and related molecules in health and disease 2004, ScienceDirectI. Growth factors and cell signaling -- II. Growth factors, progenitor cells and cell survival -- III. Neurotrophins and CNS -- IV. Neurotrophins, PNS and peripheral tissues -- V. Neurotrophins and the immune system -- VI. Neurotrophins and neuro-inflammatory responses -- Neurotrophic factors and potential therapeutic applications -- VIII. Overview and conclusion.
- NHG clinical practice guidelines 2011, SpringerM09 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Acute Otitis Media (AOM) -- M29 NHG Clinical Practice Guideline Feverish Illness in Children.
- Nicotine psychopharmacology 2009, SpringerGlobal patterns of nicotine and tobacco consumption / S.K. Hammond -- Nicotine chemistry, metabolism, kinetics and biomarkers / N.L. Benowitz, J. Hukkanen and P. Jacob, 3rd -- Nicotine content and delivery across tobacco products / M.V. Djordjevic and K.A. Doran -- The road to discovery of neuronal nicotinic cholinergic receptor subtypes / A.C. Collins ... [et al.] -- Magnetic resonance imaging studies of cigarette smoking / A. Azizian ... [et al.] -- In vivo brain imaging of human exposure to nicotine and tobacco / A. Sharma and A.L. Brody -- Molecular and cellular mechanisms of action of nicotine in the CNS / J. Barik and S. Wonnacott -- The neuronal pathways mediating the behavioral and addictive properties of nicotine / D.J. Balfour -- Molecular genetics of nicotine metabolism / J.C. Mwenifumbo and R.F. Tyndale -- Sex differences in nicotine action / S. Pogun and G. Yararbas -- Recognising nicotine: the neurobiological basis of nicotine discrimination / J.W. Smith and I.P. Stolerman -- Effects of nicotine in experimental animals and humans: an update on addictive properties / B. Le Foll and S.R. Goldberg -- Discriminative stimulus effects of nicotine in humans / K.A. Perkins -- Rodent models of nicotine withdrawal syndrome / D.H. Malin and P. Goyarzu -- Approaches, challenges, and experience in assessing free nicotine / D.L. Ashley ... [et al.] -- Tobacco industry manipulation of nicotine dosing / G.F. Wayne and C.M. Carpenter -- Pharmacotherapy for tobacco dependence / R.V. Fant ... [et al.] -- Nicotine psychopharmacology: policy and regulatory / J.E. Henningfield and M. Zeller.
- Nicotinic receptors in the nervous system 2002, CRCnetBASE
- NIDA research monograph v. 5-40, 42, 44-54, 56-121, 123-143, 145-159, 161-170, 172-177, 1976-82, 1984-98.
- Nidoviruses 2006, SpringerViral RNA synthesis -- Protein synthesis, structure, and processing -- Viral assembly and release -- Viral entry -- Pathogenesis of non-human coronaviruses -- Pathogenesis of arteriviruses and toroviruses -- Pathogenesis of human coronaviruses -- Vaccines, antiviral drugs, and diagnostics.
- "This edition has several new features, reflective of the changes that have occurred in our field over the last 5 years since the fifth edition. More and more, the field of digital recording has expanded; however, in order to understand some of the shortcomings and pitfalls of digital EEG, people need to still address the issues of basic analog recording principles. With an increased use of digital recording, laboratories have collected new and different "technical artifacts." We present here an attempt to start a database for such artifacts in a hopes that future editions will continue to expand upon this and offer a fairly complete library for beginning individuals interested in our field. As noted in the fifth edition, epilepsy monitoring units (EMU's) have continued to mushroom. Similar growth has occurred in the use of EEG monitoring in newborn, cardiac, trauma, and post-operative intensive care units. With the significant advances in wireless communication and easy access to the Internet, such recordings can also be viewed and transmitted locally virtually instantaneously and can allow for well-trained clinical neurophysiologists to see and opine about patients' conditions on a very time-relevant basis. Hopefully, as future generations may show, this ability will significantly influence our patients' outcomes. Similarly, the field of intraoperative clinical neurophysiology for spinal cord function, cranial nerve function, and cranial vascular therapies has continued to evolve along with the wireless and iInternet communications. This has allowed for close monitoring of neurologic function during critical periods of operations, again with a time course that allows for corrective actions to be taken on a meaningful time frame"--Provided by publisher.
- Nimesulide--actions and uses 2005, Springer
- Nitric oxide 2011, Springer ProtocolsNitric oxide physiology and pathology / David G. Hirst and Tracy Robson -- Ionizing radiation-induced DNA strand breaks and [gamma]-H2AX foci in cells exposed to nitric oxide / Kai Rothkamm and Susanne Burdak-Rothkamm -- Determination of S-nitrosothiols in biological fluids by chemiluminescence / Enika Nagababu and Joseph M. Rifkind -- Measurement of nitrite in blood samples using the ferricyanide-based hemoglobin oxidation assay / Barbora Piknova and Alan N. Schechter -- Selective fluorescent activation for bioimaging the expression of nitric oxide in cellular and in vivo systems / Junfeng Zhang and Hao Hong -- Real-time measurement of murine hippocampus NO levels in response to cerebral ischemia/reperfusion / Xiaoxiang Zheng, Kezhou Liu, and Yong Yang -- Detection of low levels of nitric oxide using an electrochemical sensor / Yong Chool Boo ... [et al.] -- Determination of the scavenging capacity against reactive nitrogen species by automatic flow injection-based methodologies / Marcela A. Segundo ... [et al.] -- Aqueous measurement of nitric oxide using membrane inlet mass spectrometry / David N. Silverman and Chingkuang Tu -- Quantum cascade laser technology for the ultrasensitive detection of low-level nitric oxide / Angela Elia ... [et al.] -- Determination of in vivo nitric oxide levels in animal tissues using a novel spin trapping technology / Anatoly F. Vanin and Alexander A. Timoshin -- [Beta] cell protection by inhibition of iNOS through lentiviral vector-based strategies / Sean O. Hynes, Cillian McCabe, and Timothy O'Brien -- Characterization of nitric oxide delivery systems produced by various nanotechnologies / Chi H. Lee -- Nitric oxide releasing nanoparticle synthesis and characterization / George Han, Adam J. Friedman, and Joel M. Friedman -- NOS antagonism using viral vectors as an experimental strategy : implications for in vivo studies of cardiovascular control and peripheral neuropathies / Beihui Liu ... [et al.]
- Nitric oxide (NO) and cancer 2010, SpringerNitric oxide and cancer: an overview -- A role for eNOS in oncogenic Ras-driven cancer -- Dual role of nitric oxide in cancer biology -- Nitric oxide expression in cancer -- S-nitrosylation: how cancer cells say NO to cell death -- Cytotoxic and protective activity of nitric oxide in cancers -- Cytotoxic/protective activity of nitric oxide in cancer -- Nitric oxide and life or death of human leukemia cells -- Inhibition of apoptosis by endogenous nitric oxide in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia -- Nitric oxide: a rate-limiting factor for metastases development -- Nitric oxide inhibits tumor cell metastasis via dysregulation of the NF-kB/Snail/RKIP loop -- Sensitizing effect of nitric oxide to cytotoxic stimuli -- Nitric oxide is a promising enhancer for cancer therapy -- Role of nitric oxide for modulation of cancer therapy resistance -- Breaking resistance: role of nitric oxide in the sensitization of cancer cells to chemo- and immunotherapy -- Prognostic significance of iNOS in human melanoma -- Prognostic significance of iNOS in hepatocellular carcinoma -- Prognostic significance of iNOS in esophageal cancer -- Prognostic significance of nitrative DNA damage in infection- and inflammation-related carcinogenesis -- Nitric oxide-releasing molecules for cancer therapy and chemoprevention -- Nitric oxide: monotherapy or sensitiser to conventional cancer treatments? -- Therapeutic applications of nitric oxide for malignant tumor in animal models and human studies -- (S, R)-3-Pheynyl-4,5-dihydro-5-isoxazole acetic acid-nitric oxide (GIT-27NO): new dress for nitric oxide mission -- Nitric oxide donors are a new class of anti-cancer therapeutics for the reversal of resistance and inhibition of metastasis -- Role of inducible nitric oxide synthase (iNOS) in regulation of nitric oxide (NO) production and stabilization of nitric oxide of HIF-1a: potential role of Se-Methylselenocysteine(MSC), an antioxidant multi-targeted small molecule.
- Nitric oxide protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer ProtocolsMeasurement of nitric oxide by reconversion of nitrate/nitrite to NO / Reinhard Berkels, Svenja Purol-Schnabel, and Renate Roesen -- High-resolution capillary electrophoresis of nitrite and nitrate in biological samples / Dmitri Y. Boudko -- Nitrite and nitrate measurements in human urine by capillary electrophoresis / Edward Morcos and N. Peter Wiklund -- In vivo nitric oxide measurements using a microaxial electrode / Yoshiichiro Kitamura ... [et al.] -- Measurement of exhaled nitric oxide / Peter A. Steerenberg and Jan G.C. van Amsterdam -- Nitric oxide imaging in neurons using confocal microscopy / Xiaoxiang Zheng ... [et al.] -- Measurement of nitric oxide synthase activity in vivo and in vitro by gas chromatography-mass spectrometry / Dimitrios Tsikas -- A nonradioactive assay for nitric oxide synthase activity in tissue extracts / Hazel Sutherland ... [et al.] -- Measurement of nitric oxide-related enzymes in the brain by in situ hybridization / Olivier Braissant -- Real-time polymerase chain reaction to quantify mRNA for endothelial nitric oxide synthase / Yi Chu and Frank M. Faraci --Dioxygen-dependent metabolism of nitric oxide / Paul R. Gardner, Anne M. Gardner, and Craig K. Hallstrom -- Proteomic method for identification of tyrosine-nitrated proteins / Kulwant S. Aulak ... [et al.] -- Immunohistochemical detection of S-nitrosylated proteins / Andrew J. Gow ... [et al.] -- Gene therapy techniques for the delivery of endothelial nitric oxide synthase to the corpora cavernosa for erectile dysfunction / Trinity J. Bivalacqua ... [et al.] -- Adenovirus-mediated nitric oxide synthase gene transfer into the nucleus tractus solitarius in conscious rats / Yoshitaka Hirooka and Koji Sakai -- Gene therapy in cancer via use of a retrovector having a tumor specificity and expressing inducible nitric oxide synthase / Masahide Kuroki -- Gene transfer of nitric oxide synthase via the use of adeno-associated virus vectors / Yoshikazu Maeda, Kazuyuki Shimada, and Uichi Ikeda -- Adenovirus-mediated nitric oxide synthase gene transfer / Kathleen G. Raman ... [et al.].
- Nitric oxide, cell signaling, and gene expression 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nitric oxide. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirect
- Nitric oxide. 2nd ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection I: -- Chemical biology: Determinants of nitric oxide chemistry: inpact of cell signaling processes / Douglas D. Thomas, Wilmarie Flores-Santana, Christopher H. Switzer -- Nitric oxide redox biochemistry in lipid environments / Andrés Trostchansky, Matías N. Möller, Silvina Bartesaghi, Horacio Botti, Ana Denicola, Rafael Radi and Homero Rubbo -- Mechanisms and biological consequences of peroxynitrite-dependent protein oxidation and nitration / Madia Trujillo, Beatriz Alvarez, José M. Souza, Natalia Romero, Laura Castro, Leonor Thomson and Rafael Radi -- Systems approaches to unraveling nitric oxide response netwoeks in prokaryotes / Laura R. Jarboe, Daniel R. Hyduke and James C. Liao.Section II: -- Principles of biology: (A. Nitric oxide synthases) Uncoupling of endothelial nitric oxide synthase in cardiovascular disease and its pharmacological reversal / Ulrich Förstermann -- Tetrahydrobiopterin: an essential cofactor for nitric oxide syntahases and amino acid hydroxylases / Christina E. Higgins and Steven S. Gross -- Regulation of the expression of inducible nitric oxide synthase / Hartmut Kleinert, Julia Art and Andrea Pautz -- Molecular regulation of inducible nitric oxide synthase / Qiang Du and David A. Geller -- (B. Guanylate cyclase and cyclic GMP) Soluble guanylate cyclase: allosteric activtion and redox regulation / Adrian J. Hobbs and Johannes-Peter Stasch (C. Nitric oxide signaling) Untargeted discovery of nitric oxide-modified proteins / Ruba Deeb, Tal Nuriel and Steven S. Gross -- Fatty acid transduction of nitric oxide signaling: cyclooxygenases, lipoxygenases and nitro-fatty acids / Marsha P. Cole and Bruce A. Freeman -- Nitric oxide signaling in vascular cells is regulated through CD47 by thrombospondin-1 / Jeffery S. Isenberg, William A. Frazier and David D. Roberts -- The regulation of cell energetics and mitochondrial signaling by nitric oxide / Alberto Boveris, Maria Cecilia Carreras and Juan Jose Poderoso -- (D. Regulation of nitric oxide production) Nitric oxide-asymmetric dimedthylarginine system in endothelial cell senescence / Fortunato Scalera and Stefanie M. Bode-Böger -- (E. Nitric oxide and remodeling) The role of nitric oxide in apoptosis and autophagy: biochemical and computational studies / P. A. Loughran, E. Z. Bagci, R. Zamora, Y. Vodovotz and T. R. Billiar -- (F. Nitrite and nitrate) Nitric oxide formation from inorganic nitrate and nitrite / Jon O. Lundberg and Eddie Weitzberg -- Mechanisms of nitrite reduction in ischemia in the cardiovascular system / Andrew Webb and Amrita Ahluwalia -- Nitrite therapy for ischemic syndromes / Christopher G. Kevil and David J. Lefer -- Nitrite and heme globins: reaction mechanisms and physiological targets / Sruti Shiva, Sheila Frizzill and Mark T. Gladwin.Section III: -- Principles of pathobiology (A. Nitric oxide and cardiovascular function) Nitric oxide in vascular damage and regeneration / Claudio Napoli, Lilach O. Lerman, Maria Luisa Balestrieri and Louis J. Ignarro -- Free radicals as atherosclerotic risk in relation to nitric oxide / Toshio Hayashi and Akihisa -- The role of oxidative stress in endothelial dysfunction and vascular inflammation / Elena Osto and Francesco Cosentino -- (B. Pathophysiological mechanism of nitric oxide) Nitric oxide, oxidative stress, immune response and critical care / Claudio Napoli, Ettore Crimi, Sharon Williams-Ignarro, Filomena de Nigris and Louis J. Ignarro -- Reactive metabolites of oxygen and nitrogen in liver ischemia and reperfusion injury / Ian N. Hines and Matthew B. Grisham -- Nitric oxide in airway inflammation / Yong Chul Lee, So Ri Kim, Eun-Kyeong Jo, Hyun-Ock Pae and Hun-Taeg Chung -- Novel therapeutic applications of nitric oxide in the inhibition of tumor malignancy and reversal of resistance / Benajmin Bonavida.
- Nitric oxide. Part C, Biological and antioxidant activities 1999, ScienceDirect
- Nitric oxide. Part D, Nitric oxide detection, mitochondria and cell functions, and peroxynitrite reactions 2002, ScienceDirect
- Nitric oxide. Part E-F pt. E-F, 2005, 2008., ScienceDirectpt. F, 2008 ScienceDirect
- Nitric oxide. Part G, Oxidative and nitrosative stress in redox regulation of cell signaling 2008, ScienceDirect
- Nitrite and nitrate in human health and disease 2011, Springer
- A Web-based learning program that shows how to search PubMed, the National Library of Medicine (NLM) journal literature search system.
- NMR in biological systems 2008, Springer
- NMR spectroscopy of biological solids 2005, CRCnetBASE
- "During the past decade, the first, second and 3rd editions of the NMS Review for USMLE Step 2 have served as important adjuncts for students preparing to take the USMLE Step 2 Examination. This, the 4th edition of NMS Review for USMLE Step 2 CK, reflects the fact that it only relates to the CK (clinical knowledge) component of the current two-part Step 2 Examination. In providing this knowledge, it continues the traditions of relevance and excellence established by the previous editions"--Provided by publisher.
- Basic tools for the step 2 clinical skills exam -- The medical note -- Writing medical notes and the physical examination -- Obstetrics and gynecology: writing medical notes and the physical examination -- Nervous system: writing medical notes -- Psychiatry: writing medical notes -- Pediatrics under USMLE step 2 CS -- Trauma medical notes and physical examination -- Ethics in primary care settings -- Step 2 CS cases and medical notes.
- No time to lose NAP
- Noback's human nervous system. 7th ed. 2012, Springer
- Nocturia 2012, Springer
- Noise-induced hearing loss 2012, SpringerExposure to loud noise continues to be one of the largest causes of hearing loss in the adult population, already affecting some 15 percent of Americans between the ages of 20 and 69. There have been a number of discoveries and advances that have increased our understanding of the mechanisms of Noise-Induced Hearing Loss (NIHL). These advances have the potential to impact how NIHL can be prevented and how our noise standards can be made more appropriate. Noise-Induced Hearing Loss describes the effect of environmental noise on hearing, provides important background on the subject, and also explores the broader issues currently arising on effects of noise on non-human vertebrates.
- Non-fibrillar amyloidogenic protein assemblies 2012, Springer
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma 2013, Springer
- Non-idiopathic spine deformities in young children 2011, Springer
- Non-natural amino acids. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirect
- Non-surgical treatment of keratinocyte skin cancer 2010, Springer
- Non-vascular interventional radiology of the abdomen 2011, Springer
- Non-viral gene therapy 2005, Springer
- Nonclinical development of novel biologics, biosimilars, vaccines and specialty biologics 2013, ScienceDirect
- Nonfusion technologies in spine surgery 2007, Ovid
- Nonhuman DNA typing 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction to forensic science and DNA / Heather Miller Coyle -- Collection and preservation of biological evidence from the crime scene / Henry C. Lee -- Techniques of DNA fingerprinting / John Schienman -- Forensic canine STR analysis / Burkhard Berger, Cordula Eichmann, Walther Parson -- STR based forensic analysis of field samples from domestic and exotic cats / Marilyn A. Menotti-Raymond, Victor A. David, Stephen J. O'Brien -- Overview of insect evidence in forensic science / Heather Miller Coyle -- Use of forensic DNA typing in wildlife investigations / Richard M. Jobin -- DNA testing of animal evidence : case examples and method development / En-Uei Jiang, W. A. van Haeringen, L. H. P. van de Goor, Pero Dimsoski, Heather Miller Coyle -- Basics of forensic fungi /; Khudooma Said Al Na'imi -- Soil DNA typing in forensic science / Jonathan Hill, Linda Strausbaugh, Joerg Graf -- DNA profiling : the ability to predict an image from a DNA profile / Holly Long -- Appendix A: Brief history of forensic serology and DNA / Peter Bilous.
- Nonhuman primates in biomedical research.. 2nd ed. / 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext v. 2 ScienceDirectV. 1. Biology and management -- v. 2. Diseases.
- Noninvasive cerebrovascular diagnosis 2010, SpringerOverview of cerebrovascular disease -- Overview of various noninvasive cerebrovascular techniques -- Duplex scanning of the carotid arteries -- The role of color duplex scanning in diagnosing diseases of the aortic arch branches and carotid arteries -- Vertebral artery ultrasonography -- Transcranial Doppler sonography -- Ultrasonic characterization of carotid plaques -- Carotid plaque echolucency measured by grayscale median identifies patients at increased risk of stroke during carotid stenting: the imaging in carotid antioplasty and risk of stroke study -- Duplex ultrasound in the diagnosis of temporal arteritis -- Duplex ultrasound velocity criteria for carotid stenting patients -- Use of transcranial Doppler in monitoring patients during carotid artery stenting -- Use of an angle-independent Doppler system for intraoperative carotid endarterectomy surveillance -- Clinical implications of the vascular laboratory in the diagnosis of cerebrovascular insufficiency.
- Noninvasive imaging of myocardial ischemia 2006, Springer
- Noninvasive instrumentation and measurement in medical diagnosis 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Noninvasive mechanical ventilation 2010, Springer
- Noninvasive vascular diagnosis. 3rd ed. 2013, Springer
- Nonlinear physics of DNA. 2nd, rev. ed. 2004, Wileych. 1. DNA Structure, p. 1-17 -- ch. 2. DNA Dynamics, p. 19-39 -- ch. 3. DNA Function, p. 41-48 -- ch. 4. Linear Theory of DNA, p. 49-79 -- ch. 5. Nonlinear Theory of DNA: Ideal Dynamical Models, p. 81-114 -- ch. 6. Nonlinear Theory of DNA: Non-Ideal Models, p. 115-132 -- ch. 7. Nonlinear Theory of DNA: Statistics of Nonlinear Excitations, p. 133-150 -- ch. 8. Experimental Tests of DNA Nonlinearity, p. 151-158 -- ch. 9. Nonlinearity and Function, p. 159-167.
- Nonlinear time series 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Epidermal tumors -- Neoplastic and pseudoneoplastic lesions of the hair follicles -- Tumors and tumor-like conditions with predominantly sebaceous differentiation -- Neoplasms and pseudoneoplastic proliferations of the sweat glands, and primary neuroendocrine (Merkel Cell) carcinoma -- Metastatic neoplasms -- Fibrous tissue tumors -- Vascular tumors and pseudotumors -- Tumors and tumor-like conditions showing neural, nerve sheath, and adipocytic differentiation -- Tumors of muscle, cartilage, and bone -- Histiocytic proliferations -- Plasmacellular infiltrative disorders - Cutaneous mastocytosis -- Lymphoid infiltrates, lymphoma, and hematopoietic proliferations.
- Nonparametric statistics with applications to science and engineering SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Introduction -- Probability basics -- Statistics basics -- Bayesian statistics -- Order statistics -- Goodness of fit -- Rank tests -- Designed experiments -- Categorical data -- Estimating distribution functions -- Density estimation -- Beyond linear regression -- Curve fitting techniques -- Wavelets -- Bootstrap -- Em algorithm -- Statistical learning -- Nonparametric bayes.
- Nonunion of the long bones 2006, Springer
- Nonverbal learning disabilities in children 2011, Springer
- Noonan syndrome and related disorders 2009, KargerHistory of Noonan syndrome and related disorders / J.A. Noonan -- The clinical phenotype of Noonan syndrome / J.E. Allanson -- Molecular genetics of Noonan syndrome / M. Tartaglia, B.D. Gelb -- Genotype-phenotype correlations in Noonan syndrome / A. Sarkozy ... [et al.] -- LEOPARD syndrome : clinical aspects and molecular pathogenesis / A. Sarkozy ... [et al.] -- The clinical phenotype of cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (CFC) / A.E. Roberts -- Molecular causes of the cardio-facio-cutaneous syndrome / W.E. Tidyman, K.A. Rauen -- The clinical phenotype of Costello syndrome / B. Kerr -- The molecular basis of Costello syndrome / K. Sol-Church, K.W. Gripp -- Endocrine regulation of growth and short stature in Noonan syndrome / G. Binder -- The heart in ras-MAPK pathway disorders / M.C. Digilio ... [et al.] -- Myeloproliferative disease and cancer in persons with Noonan syndrome and related disorders / C. Kratz -- Neurofibromatosis type 1-Noonan syndrome : what's the link? / E. Denayer, E. Legius -- Animal models for Noonan syndrome and related disorders / T. Araki, B.G. Neel -- Towards a treatment for ras-MAPK pathway disorders / V.A. Joshi, A.E. Roberts, R. Kucherlapati.
- Normal mode analysis 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Normal tissue reactions in radiotherapy and oncology 2002, Karger
- Normal ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system 2012, Springer
- Notch regulation of the immune system 2012, SpringerThe Notch Pathway in Hematopoietic Stem Cells /Anna Bigas, Teresa D'Altri and Lluis Espinosa --Notch Receptor-Ligand Interactions During T Cell Development, a Ligand Endocytosis-Driven Mechanism /Divya K. Shah and Juan Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker --Notch1 and IL-7 Receptor Signalling in Early T-cell Development and Leukaemia /Sara González-García, Marina García-Peydró, Juan Alcain and María L. Toribio --Notch Signaling During Human T cell Development /Tom Taghon, Els Waegemans and Inge Van de Walle --Canonical and Non-Canonical Notch Signaling in CD4+ T Cells /Lisa M. Minter and Barbara A. Osborne --The Role of Notch in the Differentiation of CD4+ T Helper Cells /Floriane Auderset, Manuel Coutaz and Fabienne Tacchini-Cottier --Notch Signaling in Alloreactive T Cell Immunity /Jooho Chung and Ivan Maillard --Notch2 and Immune Function /Mamiko Sakata-Yanagimoto and Shigeru Chiba --Recent Advances on NOTCH Signaling in T-ALL /Gannie Tzoneva and Adolfo A. Ferrando.
- Novel anticancer agents 2006, ScienceDirectA survey of novel molecular targets for anticancer drug discovery -- Microarrays: small spots produce major advances in pharmacogenomics -- Strategies to target chemotherapeutics to tumors -- QSAR and pharmacophore mapping strategies in novel anticancer drug discovery -- Applications of nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectrometry to anticancer drug discovery -- Antisense strategies for the development of novel cancer therapeutics -- Antibodies and vaccines as novel cancer therapeutics -- Inhibitors as targets for cancer therapy -- Preclinical testing and validation of novel anticancer agents -- Surrogate end points and biomarkers for early trials of novel anticancer agents -- Regulatory considerations in clinical trials of novel anticancer drugs -- Improving the efficacy and safety of anticancer agents: the role of pharmacogenetics -- Imaging of pharmacodynamic end points in clinical trials -- Devising proof-of-concept strategies in oncology clinical trials -- Clinical trial designs for cytostatic agents and agents directed at novel molecular targets -- Cancer gene therapy clinical trials: from the bench to the clinic -- Molecular targets for radiosensitization -- Patient accrual to clinical trials.
- Novel anticancer drug protocols 2003, Springer Protocols
- Novel antischizophrenia treatments 2012, SpringerThis volume tries to put current therapy - achievements, shortcomings, remaining medical needs - and emerging new targets into the context of increasing knowledge regarding the genetic and neurodevelopmental contributions to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. Some of the chapters also deal with respective experimental and clinical methodology, biomarkers, and translational aspects of drug development. The volume concentrates on reviewing the ongoing research attempting to identify novel treatments for the cognitive deficits and negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which are not treated adequately by current antipsychotic medications.
- Novel apoptotic regulators in carcinogenesis 2012, SpringerApoptosis Inducer from Streblus asper Extracts for Cancer Chemoprevention /Azman Seeni, Nur Ayunie Zulkepli and Ridhwan Abdul Wahab --Apoptosis Induction by Nimbolide, a Limonoid from Azadirachta indica: Molecular Targets and Signaling Networks /Nagini Siddavaram and Vidya Priyadarsini Ramamurthi --Heterocyclics as Inducers of Apoptosis /Ahmed Kamal, Adla Mallareddy and Paidakula Suresh --Anthocyanins as Apoptotic Regulators /Jairam Vanamala, Sridhar Radhakrishnan, Lavanya Reddivari and Aaron Massey --Apoptosis as a Mechanism Involved in the Anticancer Effect of Dietary n-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids /Simona Serini, Elena Fasano, Elisabetta Piccioni, Achille Renato Maria Cittadini and Gabriella Calviello --Apoptotic Pathways upon Arsenite Treatment /Dongyun Zhang and Chuanshu Huang --Flavokawains in Cancer Prevention and Treatment: Potentials and Challenges /Danielle D. Jandial, Anne R. Simoneau and Xiaolin Zi --Progesterone Receptor Modulators Induce Apoptosis in Mammary Tumors and Uterine Leiomyomas /Konstantin Christov and Ronald D. Wiehle --Apoptotic Regulators and Its Clinical Implications in Mammary Carcinoma /Subhadeep Das and Malay Chatterjee --Curcumin Analogs as Inhibitors of the Jak-STAT Signal Transduction Pathway /Jennifer Yang and Gregory B. Lesinski --Targeting Cancer by Betulin and Betulinic Acid /René Csuk.
- Novel developments in stem cell mobilization 2012, SpringerPart 1.Basic Science and Experimental Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Preclinical Experience with AMD3100 for Mobilization of Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells --Molecular Pharmacology of CXCR4 Inhibition --Combination Strategies for Stem Cell Mobilization Targeting CXCR4 and S1P Receptors --Should We Stay or Should We Go Now? --Cell Adhesion and Mobilization Pathways of Hematopoietic Cells --Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 Axis in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Trafficking --Part 2.Clinical Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Front matter --Early Studies of AMD3100/Plerixafor in Healthy Volunteers --The Current Role of Plerixafor in Stem Cell Mobilization for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation --Experience with Apheresis Procedures After Plerixafor Mobilisation --Influence of Different Stem Cell Mobilization Strategies on Graft Composition and Outcome of Autologous or Allogeneic Transplantation --Relevance and Clinical Implications of Tumor Cell Mobilization in Autologous Transplantation of Multiple Myeloma and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma --Plerixafor: Data from the Compassionate Use Program --Stem Cell Mobilization with Chemomobilization Plus Plerixafor in Hard-to-Mobilize Patients: The Experience at Kuopio University Hospital, Finland --Blood Stem Cell Mobilization in Solid Tumors: Experience with Plerixafor and Alternative Ways of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilization --Mobilization with Chemotherapy + G-CSF + Plerixafor in Europe: The Italian Experience --Experience with Plerixafor in Poor Mobilizers --CXCR4 Antagonists --Part 3.CXCR4 Antagonists for Treatment of Leukemias and Solid Tumors --Front matter --Application of CXCR4 Inhibitors in Leukemia --CXCR4 Antagonists for the Treatment of CML --Targeting CXCR4 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Preclinical Rationale and Early Clinical Experience --CXCR4-Blockade for Treatment of Breast Cancer --Molecular Imaging of CXCR4 Receptor Expression in Tumors --Part 4.Novel applications --Potential Use of CXCR4 Antagonists to Mobilize Endothelial and Mesenchymal Stem Cells --Strategies to Enhance Hematopoietic Stem Cell Engraftment Following Transplantation --Mobilization for Gene Therapy.
- Novel food ingredients for weight control 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Food and obesity: 1. Lipid metabolism : its role in energy regulation and obesity / M. Leonhardt and W. Langhans ; 2. Hunger and satiety : relation to body weight control / H.F.J. Hendriks ... [et al.] ; 3. Glycaemic control, insulin resistance and obesity / I. Aeberli and M. Zimmermann ; 4. Controlling lipogenesis and thermogenesis and the use of ergogenic aids for weight control / A. Palou and M. L. Bonet ; 5. Food ingredients implicated in obesity : sugars and sweeteners / G. H. Anderson, T. Akhavan and R. Mendelson -- pt. 2. Ingredients from grains, fruits and vegetables for weight control: 6. b-Glucans / J.-A. Nazare ... [et al.] ; 7. Non-digestible oligosaccharides / N.M. Delzenne ... [et al.] ; 8. Resistant starch / A.M. Birkett and I.L. Brown ; 9. Modified carbohydrates with lower glycemic index / B.R. Hamaker, G. Zhang and M. Venkatachalam ; 10. Novel ingredients for weight loss: new developments / J.D. Stowell -- pt. 3. Dairy ingredients and lipids for weight control: 11. Dietary and supplemental calcium and its role in weight loss: weighing the evidence / G. Gerstner and M. de Vrese ; 12. Conjugated fatty acids, body composition and weight control / J.L. Sebedio ; 13. Omega-3 fatty acids and other polyunsaturated fatty acids and weight control / M. Sr_hede Winzell and B. Ahrn? ; 14. Medium-chain and structured triglycerides : their role in weight control / I. Rudkowska and P. J. H. Jones ; 15. Trans-free oils and fats / E. Flt_er and G. van Duijn.
- N-acetylaspartate ......................
- — Neuro-oncology Part I-II ...............
- Neuro-ophthalmology ....................
- — Neuroscience of hallucinations .........
- Neuroscience of preference and choice...
- — Novel food ingredients for weight con...
- Novel food processing technologies .....
- — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases