1 to 100 of 109 "C" titles
- Caffey's Pediatric diagnostic imaging. 11th ed. v. 1-2, 2008.Print Material
- Campbell's Operative orthopaedics. 12th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyv. 1. General principles -- Reconstructive procedures of the hip in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the knee in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the ankle in adults -- Reconstructive procedures of the shoulder and elbow in adults -- Amputations -- Infections -- Tumors -- v. 2. Congenital and developmental disorders -- Nervous system disorders in children -- Fractures and dislocations in children -- The spine -- v. 3. Sports medicine -- Arthroscopy -- Fractures and dislocations in adults -- v. 4. Peripheral nerve injuries -- Microsurgery -- The hand -- The foot and ankle.
- Cardiac catheterization an atlas and DVD 2010, ClinicalKeyPatient evaluation -- Vascular access and hemostasis -- Complications of cardiac catheterization -- Right and left heart catheterization : Pt. 1. Performance of right and left heart catheterization -- Right and left heart catheterization : Pt. 2. Collecting and analyzing hemodynamic data -- Classic hemodynamic waveforms in common pathologic conditions -- Left ventriculography -- Aortography -- Right ventriculography and pulmonary angiography -- Basic coronary angiography -- Ischemic heart disease : coronary physiology and manifestations of coronary atherosclerosis -- Ischemic heart disease : bypass graft angiography -- Advanced coronary angiography -- Coronary anomalies -- Support devices -- Pericardiocentesis and balloon pericardial window -- Endomyocardial biopsy -- Evaluation of prosthetic heart valves.
- Print Material
- Cardiac surgery-- operative technique. 2nd ed. 2012, ClinicalKey"Cardiac Surgery: Operative Technique, by Drs. Donald B. Doty and John R. Doty, is your essential source on how to perform today's full range of cardiac surgical techniques. Over 1,000 crisp illustrations and expert, evidence-based discussions guide you step by step, equipping you to perform all of the latest procedures and get the best outcomes."--Publisher's website.
- Cardiovascular imaging review. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyElectrocardiography -- Echocardiography -- Angiography -- Cardiovascular computed tomography -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Board review questions.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialMapping and mapmaking --Medical mapping: early histories --Mapping and statistics: 1830-1849 -- John Snow: the London epidemics -- The cholera debate -- Map as intent: variations on John Snow -- Mapping legacy -- Public health: the divorce -- Disease ecologies: disease atlases -- Complex processes: diffusion and structure -- GIS and medical mapping -- Map thinking: an afterward.
- Case-based brain imaging. 2nd ed. 2013, Thieme
- Case-based nuclear medicine. 2nd ed. 2011, ThiemeSkeletal scintigraphy --Cardiac scintigraphy --Pulmonary scintigraphy --Endocrine scintigraphy --Scintigraphy of neoplastic disease --Radioisotope therapy --Inflammation/Infection/Imaging --Renal scintigraphy --Biliary scintigraphy --Lymphoscintigraphy --CNS scintigraphy --Gastrointestinal scintigraphy --Vascular scintigraphy --Pediatric scintigraphy
- Cases in adult congenital heart disease 2010, ClinicalKeySection One - Shunts -- Section Two - Left-sided lesions -- Section Three - Right-sided lesions -- Section Four - Complex congenital heart conditions -- Section Five - Special topics.
- The first of several satellite volumes to Tabar's Breast Cancer: The Art and Science of Early Detection with Mammography. Each volume will cover in depth a specific class of mammographic findings. Here, casting-type calcifications, and their significance in diagnosing cancer, are explored. Thick-section pathologic specimens are provided to help the reader understand why the mammograms look the way they do. A selection of full color pathologic images is provided in 3-D, allowing one to visualize the breast substructures in their spatial context.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in colon and rectal surgery 2006, SpringerPart I. Large Intestine -- Concepts in Surgery of the Large Intestine / Danny M. Takanishi and Fabrizio Michelassi -- Right Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Right Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner and Susan M. Cera -- Left Colectomy for Cancer -- Laparoscopic Left Hemicolectomy / Steven D. Wexner -- Low Anterior Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Abdominoperineal Resection for Rectal Cancer -- Laparoscopic Abdominoperineal Resection and Total Proctocolectomy with End Ileostomy / Steven D. Wexner and Giovanna M. DaSilva -- Subtotal Colectomy with Ileoproctostomy or Ileostomy and Sigmoid Mucous Fistula -- Ileoanal Anastomosis with Ileal Reservoir Following Total Colectomy and Mucosal Proctectomy -- Abdominoperineal Protectomy for Benign Disease -- End-Ileostomy -- Loop Ileostomy -- Cecostomy -- Surgical Legacy Technique -- Transverse Colostomy -- Closure of Temporary Colostomy -- Laparoscopic Stoma Construction and Closure / Dan Enger Ruiz and Steven D. Wexner -- Operations for Colonic Diverticulitis (Including Lower Gastrointestinal Bleeding) -- Ripstein Operation for Rectal Prolapse -- Part II. Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region -- Concepts in Surgery of the Anus, Rectum, and Pilonidal Region / Amanda M. Metcalf -- Rubber Band Ligation of Internal Hemorrhoids -- Hemorrhoidectomy -- Anorectal Fistula and Pelvirectal Abscess -- Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy for Chronic Anal Fissure -- Anoplasty for Anal Stenosis -- Thiersch Operation for Rectal Prolapse Surgical Legacy Technique -- Operations for Pilonidal Disease.
- Chassin's Operative strategy in general surgery an expositive atlas. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2014, SpringerThe Fourth Edition of Chassins Operative Strategy in General Surgery: An Expositive Atlas is designed to expand this comprehensive and unique general surgery reference while remaining true to the special character of the work. This unique text continues to provide an emphasis on surgical strategy that is unmatched by other textbooks of surgical technique. It continues to comprehensively cover all non-vascular operations commonly performed by general surgeons. As always, Chassins explains the conceptual basis of each operation, outlines strategies to avoid common pitfalls, and carefully describes and beautifully illustrates the technical steps of each operation. The Fourth Edition has been expanded and updated by adding both new procedures and new features. A significant new feature, Documentation Basics has been added to each chapter, providing a bulleted list of key features that need to be listed in the operative note to accurately describe extent of procedure and enhance accuracy of coding. General surgery continues to evolve. Procedures are added and many operations are done through new minimal access approaches. However, as a surgeon may be called upon to perform an operation that has become rare, Chassins unique legacy material has been retained for reference. In addition, 17 new chapters have been added, including 4 new chapters on colorectal surgery. Over 1100 elegant illustrations and new radiographs accompany detailed textual explanations. More than ever, Chassins Operative Strategy in General Surgery: An Expositive Atlas, Fourth Edition is an indispensable reference for all surgical residents and practicing surgeons.
- Chest imaging an algorithmic approach to learning 2012, Springer1. Introduction, Development of the Algorithm, RoboChest Introduction, Additional Tools -- 2. Search Pattern, Interpretive Approach, Basic Anatomy and Fundamentals -- 3. Normal Chest X-Ray, Terminology and Radiographic Anatomy -- 4. Abnormal Lung Patterns -- 5. Abnormalities Involving the Pleura -- 6. Abnormal Mediastinum -- 7. Abnormal Bones, Soft Tissue, and Other Findings.
- Chest imaging case atlas. 2nd ed. 2012, Thieme
- Chest radiology-- a resident's manual 2011, Thieme
- Cardiac enlargement -- Mediastinal or hilar enlargement -- Pleura and diaphragm -- Intrathoracic calcifications -- Alveolar infiltrates and atelectasis -- Interstitial lung disease -- Pulmonary edema and symmetrical bilateral infiltrates -- Pulmonary nodules and mass lesions -- Pulmonary cavitary and cystic lesions -- Hyperlucent lung.
- Print MaterialThe thorax: part I. the thoracic wall -- The thorax: part II. the thoracic cavity -- The abdomen: part I. the abdominal wall -- The abdomen: part II. the abdominal cavity -- The pelvis: part I. the pelvic walls -- The pelvis: part II. the pelvic cavity -- The perineum -- The upper limb -- The lower limb -- The head and neck -- The back.
- Clinical atlas of interstitial lung disease 2006, Springer
- Clinical atlas of skin tumors 2014, SpringerSkin tumors are very often encountered in clinical practice but can be difficult to diagnose since the skin's histological complexity gives rise to many types and subtypes. This superb atlas presents an unrivalled wealth of original high-quality clinical photographs of almost all benign and malignant skin tumors. The diverse subtypes and clinical forms, including different localizations, are depicted, and careful attention is paid to evolution and follow-up. While the main focus is on the clinical presentation as reflected in the photographs, diagnostic clues and management considerations are also summarized in a straightforward, readily understandable way. The atlas has been designed so that it will meet clinical needs and allow rapid identification of clues relevant to daily practice. Clinical Atlas of Skin Tumors will be valuable for all dermatologists in training, as well as for those who are already established in the profession or in allied specialties such as plastic surgery and oncology.
- My Aunt Minnie -- Screening -- Diagnostic breast imaging -- Management.
- Clinical dermatology a color guide to diagnosis and therapy. 5th ed. 2010, ClinicalKey
- Print Material
- Print Material1.Eyelids --2.Orbit --3.Conjunctiva --4.Episclera and sclera --5.Dry eye --6.Cornea --7.Lens --8. Glaucoma --9.Intraocular tumours --10.Uveitis --11.Retinal detachment --12.Retinal vascular disease --13.Acquired macular disorders --14.Fundus dystrophies --15.Congenital anomalies of the posterior segment --16.Neuro-ophthalmology --17.Strabismus --18.Trauma.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Microbes -- Microbial attack and control by intrinsic defences -- Specific pathogens. Bacteria ; Fungi ; Arthropods ; Parasites ; Viruses -- Microbial attack succeeds : clinical infection -- Microbe control by extrinsic defences.
- Print Material1Ocular examination techniques --2Imaging techniques --3Developmental malformations and anomalies --4Eyelids --5Lacrimal drainage system --6Orbit --7Dry eye disorders --8Conjunctiva --9Cornea --10Corneal and refractive surgery --11Episclera and sclera --12Lens --13Glaucoma --14Uveitis --15Ocular tumours and related conditions --16Retinal vascular disease --17Acquired macular disorders and related conditions --18Fundus dystrophies --19Retinal detachment --20Strabismus --21Neuro-ophthalmology --22Drug-induced disorders --23Trauma --24Systemic diseases.
- Clinical ophthalmology a systematic approach. 7th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyMachine generated contents note: 1.Eyelids -- Introduction -- Benign nodules and cysts -- Benign epidermal tumours -- Benign pigmented lesions -- Benign adnexal tumours -- Miscellaneous benign tumours -- Malignant tumours -- Disorders of lashes -- Allergic disorders -- Bacterial infections -- Viral infections -- Blepharitis -- Ptosis -- Ectropion -- Entropion -- Miscellaneous acquired disorders -- Cosmetic eyelid and periocular surgery -- Congenital malformations -- 2.Lacrimal Drainage System -- Anatomy -- Physiology -- Causes of a watering eye -- Evaluation -- Acquired obstruction -- Congenital obstruction -- Lacnmal surgery -- Chronic canaliculitis -- Dacryocystitis -- 3.Orbit -- Introduction -- Thyroid eye disease -- Infections -- Non-infective inflammatory disease -- Vascular malformations -- Carotid-cavernous fistula -- Cystic lesions -- Tumours -- The anophthalmic socket -- Craniosynostoses -- 4.Dry Eye Disorders -- Definitions -- Physiology -- Classification -- Sjogren syndrome -- Clinical features -- Special investigations -- Treatment -- 5.Conjunctiva -- Introduction -- Bacterial conjunctivitis -- Viral conjunctivitis -- Allergic conjunctivitis -- Conjunctivitis in blistering mucocutaneous disease -- Miscellaneous conjunctivitis -- Degenerations -- 6.Cornea -- Introduction -- Bacterial keratitis -- Fungal keratitis -- Herpes simplex keratitis -- Herpes zoster ophthalmicus -- Interstitial keratitis -- Protozoan keratitis -- Bacterial hypersensitivity-mediated corneal disease -- Rosacea -- Severe peripheral corneal ulceration -- Neurotrophic keratopathy -- Exposure keratopathy -- Miscellaneous keratopathy -- Corneal ectasias -- Corneal dystrophies -- Corneal degenerations -- Metabolic keratopathies -- Contact lenses -- Congenital anomalies of the cornea and globe -- 7.Corneal and Refractive Surgery -- Keratoplasty -- Keratoprostheses -- Refractive procedures -- 8.Episclera and Sclera -- Anatomy -- Episcleritis -- Immune-mediated scleritis -- Infectious scleritis -- Scleral discoloration -- Blue sclera -- Miscellaneous conditions -- 9.Lens -- Acquired cataract -- Management of age-related cataract -- Congenital cataract -- Ectopia lentis -- Abnormalities of shape -- 10.Glaucoma -- Introduction -- Tonometry -- Gonioscopy -- Evaluation of the optic nerve head -- Imaging in glaucoma -- Perimetry -- Ocular hypertension -- Primary open-angle glaucoma -- Normal-pressure glaucoma -- Primary angle-closure glaucoma -- Classification of secondary glaucoma -- Pseudoexfoliation -- Pigment dispersion -- Neovascular glaucoma -- Inflammatory glaucoma -- Lens-related glaucoma -- Traumatic glaucoma -- Iridocorneal endothelial syndrome -- Glaucoma in intraocular tumours -- Glaucoma in epithelial ingrowth -- Glaucoma in iridoschisis -- Primary congenital glaucoma -- Iridocorneal dysgenesis -- Glaucoma in phacomatoses -- Glaucoma medications -- Laser therapy -- Trabeculectomy -- Non-penetrating surgery -- Antimetabolites in filtration surgery -- Drainage shunts -- 11.Uveitis -- Introduction -- Clinical features -- Special investigations -- Principles of treatment -- Intermediate uveitis -- Uveitis in spondyloarthropathies -- Uveitis in juvenile arthritis -- Uveitis in bowel disease -- Uveitis in renal disease -- Sarcoidosis -- Behcet syndrome -- Toxoplasmosis -- Toxocariasis -- Miscellaneous parasitic uveitis -- Uveitis in acquired immunodeficiency syndrome -- Miscellaneous viral uveitis -- Fungal uveitis -- Bacterial uveitis -- White dot syndromes -- Primary stromal choroiditis -- Miscellaneous anterior uveitis -- Miscellaneous posterior uveitis -- 12.Ocular Tumours -- Benign epibulbar tumours -- Malignant and premalignant epibulbar tumours -- Iris tumours -- Iris cysts -- Ciliary body tumours -- Tumours of the choroid -- Neural retinal tumours -- Vascular retinal tumours -- Primary intraocular lymphoma -- Tumours of the retinal pigment epithelium -- Paraneoplastic syndromes -- 13.Retinal Vascular Disease -- Retinal circulation -- Diabetic retinopathy -- Retinal venous occlusive disease -- Retinal arterial occlusive disease -- Ocular ischaemic syndrome -- Hypertensive disease -- Sickle-cell retinopathy -- Retinopathy of prematurity -- Retinal artery macroaneurysm -- Primary retinal telangiectasia -- Eales disease -- Radiation retinopathy -- Purtscher retinopathy -- Benign idiopathic haemorrhagic retinopathy -- Valsalva retinopathy -- Lipaemia retinalis -- Retinopathy in blood disorders -- Congenital vascuiar anomalies -- 14.Acquired Macular Disorders -- Introduction -- Clinical evaluation of macular disease -- Fundus fluorescein angiography -- Indocyanine green angiography -- Optical coherence tomography -- Age-related macular degeneration -- Polypoidal choroidal vasculopathy -- Age-related macular hole -- Macular microhole -- Central serous chorioretinopathy -- Cystoid macular oedema -- Epimacular membrane -- Degenerative myopia -- Angioid streaks -- Choroidal folds -- Hypotony maculopathy -- Vitreomacular traction syndrome -- Idiopathic choroidal neovascularization -- Solar retinopathy -- 15.Hereditary Fundus Dystrophies -- Introduction -- Investigations -- Generalized photoreceptor dystrophies -- Macular dystrophies -- Generalized choroidal dystrophies -- Vitreoretinal dystrophies -- Albinism -- Cherry-red spot at macula -- 16.Retinal Detachment -- Introduction -- Rhegmatogenous retinal detachment -- Tractional retinal detachment -- Exudative retinal detachment -- Pars plana vitrectomy -- 17.Vitreous Opacities -- Introduction -- Muscae volitantes -- Vitreous haemorrhage -- Asteroid hyalosis (Benson disease) -- Synchisis scintillans (choiesterolosis bulbi) -- Amyloidosis -- Vitreous cyst -- 18.Strabismus -- Introduction -- Amblyopia -- Clinical evaluation -- Heterophoria -- Vergence abnormalities -- Esotropia -- Exotropia -- Special syndromes -- Alphabet patterns -- Surgery -- 19.Neuro-ophthalmology -- Neuroimaging -- Optic nerve -- Pupillary reactions -- Chiasm -- Retrochiasmal pathways -- Ocular motor nerves -- Supranuclear disorders of ocular motility -- Nystagmus -- Carotid stenosis -- Intracranial aneurysms -- Ocular myopathies -- Neurofibromatosis -- Migraine -- Facial spasm -- 20.Ocular Side-effects of Systemic Medication -- Cornea -- Lens -- Uveitis -- Retina -- Optic nerve -- 21.Trauma -- Eyelid trauma -- Orbital fractures -- Trauma to the globe -- Chemical injuries.
- Print MaterialOverview and principles of diagnostic imaging -- Radiographic contrast agents -- Interventional and invasive radiology -- Pulmonary imaging -- Cardiac imaging -- Breast imaging -- Abdominal radiographs -- Gastrointestinal imaging -- Urinary tract imaging -- Urinary tract imaging -- Obstetric and gynecologic imaging -- Musculoskeletal imaging -- Cranial imaging -- Vertebral imaging.
- Print Material"Clinically Oriented Anatomy provides first-year medical students with the clinically oriented anatomical information as it relates to the practice of medicine, dentistry, and physical therapy. The 7th edition features a fully revised art program to ensure consistency and cohesiveness of imaging style"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Color atlas and textbook of human anatomy. Vol. 1-3. 5th ed. 2008, Thieme Bookv. 1. Locomotor system / by Werner Platzer -- v.2: Internal organs / Helga Fritsch and Wolfgang Kuehnel. -- v. 3. Nervous system and sensory organs / by Werner Kahle, Michael Frotscher.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Color atlas of biochemistry. 3rd ed., rev. and updated. 2013, Thieme BookBasics -- Chemistry -- Physical Chemistry -- Biomolecules -- Carbohydrates -- Lipids -- Amino acids -- Peptides and proteins -- Nucleotides and nucleic acids -- Metabolism -- Enzymes -- Metabolic pathways -- Energy metabolism -- Carbohydrate metabolism -- Lipid metabolism -- Protein metabolism -- Nucleotide metabolism -- Porphyrin metabolism -- Cell organelles -- Basics -- Cytoskeleton -- Nucleus -- Mitochondria -- Membranes -- ER and Golgi apparatus -- Lysosomes -- Peroxisomes -- Molecular Genetics -- Overview -- Genome -- Chromatin -- Gennetic code -- Genetic engineering -- Tissues and organs -- Digestive system -- Blood -- Immune system -- Liver -- Adipose tissue -- Kidney -- Muscle -- Connective tissue -- Brain and sensory organs -- Integration of metabolism -- Nutrition -- Nutrients -- Vitamins -- Signaling systems -- Signal transduction -- Hormone systems -- Lipophilic signaling substances -- Hydrophilic signaling substances -- Growth and development -- Appendix.
- Color atlas of burn reconstructive surgery 2010, Springer
- Print Material"Arsenic intoxication is one of the important problems facing the world today, together with the contamination of drinking water. It is a matter of international importance to be able to correctly diagnose chronic arsenic poisoning and to prevent the development of cancers and circulatory disturbances and to supply arsenic-free drinking water"--Preface.
- Color atlas of clinical hematology. 4th ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyCell machinery -- Cellular basis of hematopoiesis -- Growth factors -- Maturation of blood cells and their examination in peripheral blood and bone marrow -- Hypochromic anemias -- The porphyrias and iron overload -- Megaloblastic anemias -- Hemolytic anemias -- Genetic disorders of hemoglobin -- Benign disorders of phagocytes -- Benign disorders of lymphocytes -- Acute leukemias -- Chronic myeloid (myelogenous) leukemias and myelodysplastc/myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Myelodysplastic syndromes -- Myeloproliferative neoplasms -- Histiocytic disorders -- Aplastic and dyserythropoietic anemias -- Chronic lymphoid leukemias -- Non-Hodgkin lymphomas: mature B-cell neoplasms: written with professor Elias Campo -- Peripheral T-cell disorders -- Hodgkin lymphoma -- Myeloma and related conditions -- Tissue typing and stem cell treansplantation -- Vascular and platelet bleeding disorders -- The inherited and acquired coagulation disorders -- Thrombosis -- Secondary anemia and bone marrow in nonhematopoietic disorders -- Parasitic disorders -- Blood transfusion.
- Color atlas of clinical orthopedics 2009, Springer
- Color atlas of comparative pathology of pulmonary tuberculosis 2011, CRCnetBASE"This book is the first pictorial histopathology atlas with annotations on tuberculosis. The book's drug discovery and animal model perspective makes it applicative rather than academic. Each section will cover the manifestations of induced or acquired pulmonary tuberculosis in one of six animal species (models) - human, non-human primate, rabbit, guinea pig, rat, and mouse. It provides low, medium, and high power microscopy views of lung tissue in color."--Excerpt from publisher notes.
- Color atlas of congenital heart surgery. 2nd ed. 2007, SpringerAnomalous systemic venous return -- Secundum atrial septal defect -- Tricuspid valve anomalies -- Endocardial cushion defects -- Ventricular septal defects -- Fontan operation -- Pulmonary stenosis -- Pulmonary atresia and intact ventricular septum -- Tetralogy of fallot -- Double outlet ventricles -- Pulmonary atresia with ventricular septal defect -- Pulmonary venous anomalies -- Left atrial obstructive lesions -- Valvular stenosis -- d-Transposition of the great arteries -- l-Transposition of the great arteries -- Truncus arteriosus -- Aortic root anomalies -- Interrupted aortic arch -- Coarctation of the aorta -- Patent ductus arteriosus -- Vascular ring and vascular sling -- Miscellaneous.
- Color atlas of cosmetic oculofacial surgery. 2nd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyExamination and Interactions with Aesthetic Patients / William PD Chen, Jemshed A Khan -- Eyelid Anatomy / William PD Chen, Jemshed A Khan -- Pre-operative Preparation, Anesthesia and Postoperative Considerations / William PD Chen, Jemshed A Khan -- Endoscopic-assisted Eyebrow Surgery / Clinton J McCord -- Upper Blepharoplasty / William PD Chen -- Direct Browlift, Internal Browpexy, Browplasty / William PD Chen -- Asian Blepharoplasty of the Upper Eyelid / William PD Chen -- Lower Blepharoplasty and Primary Cheeklift / Clinton J McCord -- Avoidance of Complications with Lower Blepharoplasty Cheeklift / Clinton J McCord -- CO2 Laser Transconjunctival Blepharoplasty and Fat Repositioning / Jemshed A Khan -- Transconjunctival Laser Blepharoplasty of Lower Eyelid / Jemshed A Khan -- Ptosis (Blepharoptosis) / Jemshed A Khan -- Cosmetic Botulinum Neurotoxin Application / Jemshed A Khan, Michael S. McCracken -- Ablative and Fractionated Laser Skin Resurfacing / Jemshed A Khan -- Management of the Upper Eyelid Crease: Advanced Techniques / William PD Chen -- Advanced Concept of A Glide Zone as it Relates to Upper Lid Crease, Lid Fold, and Application in Upper Blepharoplasty / William PD Chen -- Advanced Concept of Bevelled Approach in Revisional Asian Blepharoplasty: Resetting of High Crease / William PD Chen -- Botulinum Toxin and Dermal Filler Use in the Periorbital Areas / Stuart Seiff -- Hyaluronic Acid Filler Injection / Michael S. McCracken, Jemshed A Khan.
- Color atlas of dental implant surgery. 3rd ed. 2010, ClinicalKeyUse this atlas-style guide to master implant procedures and techniques! Written by leading expert Michael S. Block, DMD, Color Atlas of Dental Implant Surgery, 3rd Edition provides clear, full-color clinical photos and practical instructions covering a wide range of implant challenges. It takes you through treatment planning, presurgical guidelines, detailed surgical techniques, and postoperative follow-up. With this book, you'll be able to address any implant-related situation and achieve optimal results! Clear step-by-step procedures include indications, contraindications, and treatment results for each procedure. Over 1,400 full-color photographs and drawings depict important concepts and techniques, and show treatment from beginning to end. Indications and contraindications for each procedure provide details of why a procedure is performed. A discussion of the result of prosthodontic treatment is provided for each case, explaining how implant placement factors into successful therapy. Chapters are organized by oral anatomy and surgical technique, with each chapter presenting a different area of the mouth or a specific surgical technique. The Mandible section covers various approaches to augmentation of the atrophic mandible, including a case that utilizes distraction osteogenesis. Detailed cases of posterior mandible surgery demonstrate onlay bone harvesting and grafting the deficient ridge. The Maxilla section features sinus grafting, hard and soft tissue procedures, and the relatively new zygomaticus implant procedure. References are provided at the end of every chapter for additional reading and research.
- Color atlas of dermatology 2012, Thieme Book"Handy compendium of diagnosis and therapy of the major dermatologic diseases, brief and to the point. Clear presentation of complex themes and therapy principles with the aid of descriptive color plates and concise texts A multitude of images and color plates to aid visual understanding Also useful for revision, e.g. before oral examinations Visualisaton of complex contexts and techniques using actual cases Covers pathophysiology, therapy, clinical hallmarks, histology images"--Provided by publisher.
- Color atlas of ENT diagnosis. 5th ed. 2010, Thieme Book
- Color atlas of family medicine. 2nd ed. 2013, AccessMedicineLearning with images and digital photography -- The essence of family medicine -- Physicial and sexual abuse -- Ophthalmology -- Ear, nose, and throat -- Oral health -- The heart and circulation -- The lungs -- Gastrointestinal -- Genitourinary -- Women's health -- Musculoskeletal problems -- Dermatology -- Podiatry -- Infectious diseases -- Endocrine -- Neurology -- Substance abuse -- Interpreting evidence-based medicine -- Guide for the use of topical and intralesional corticosteroids -- Dermoscopy.
- Color atlas of fetal and neonatal histology 2011, SpringerThis book serves as a comprehensive atlas of the developmental histology of the major organs from 15 weeks gestation to the neonatal period. Each section includes text on basic embryologic processes that influence the development of each organ and highlight major histologic features that correspond with certain developmental periods. In addition, there are many color photomicrographs at key developmental stages to assist the reader in identifying appropriate histologic changes at each developmental stage. This book will be of great value to students of embryology, pathology residents and fellows, and attending pathologists who perform fetal autopsies.
- Color atlas of genetics. 4th ed., rev. and updated. 2013, Thieme BookIntroduction -- Chronology -- Fundamentals -- Prologue -- Molecular basis of genetics -- Analysis of DNA -- Variability of DNA -- Processing of DNA -- Eukaryotic cells -- Formal genetics -- Chromosomes -- Regulation of gene function -- Epigenetic modifications -- Genetic signal pathways -- Genes in embryonic development -- Genomics -- Genetics and medicine -- Imbalanced homeostasis -- Metabolic disorders -- Immune system -- Origins of cancer -- Impaired cell and tissue structure -- Hemoglobin disorders -- Sex determination and differentiation -- Atypical patternns of genetic transmission -- Sensory perception -- Karyotype-phenotype relationnship -- A grief guide to genetic diagnosis -- Morbid anatomy of the human genome - chromosomal locations - alphabetic list -- Appendix -- Supplementary data.
- Color atlas of gross placental pathology. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Color atlas of high resolution manometry 2009, Springer
- Print MaterialThe cell -- Epithelium and glands -- Connective tissue -- Cartilage and bone -- Blood and hemopoiesis -- Muscle -- Nervous tissue -- Circulatory system -- Lymphoid tissue -- Endocrine system -- Integument -- Respiratory system -- Digestive system I: oral region -- Digestive system II: alimentary canal -- Digestive system III: digestive glands -- Urinary system -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Special senses.
- Print Material
- Color atlas of histopathology of the cervix uteri. 2nd ed. 2006, Springer
- Color atlas of human anatomy. Volume 1, Locomotor system. 6th rev. and enlarged ed. 2009, Thieme BookThe body -- Tissues -- General features of the skeleton -- General features of the muscles -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Trunk -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Bones, ligaments and joints -- Muscles, fascias, and special features -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Bones, ligaments, joints -- Muscles, fascias, and special features -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Skull -- Muscles and fascias -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents -- Head and neck -- Upper limb -- Trunk -- Lower limb -- Anatomical terms and their Latin equivalents.
- Color atlas of human anatomy. Volume 2, Internal organs. 5th ed. 2008, Thieme Bookv. 1. Locomotor system / by Werner Platzer -- v.2: Internal organs / Helga Fritsch and Wolfgang Kuehnel. -- v. 3. Nervous system and sensory organs / by Werner Kahle, Michael Frotscher.
- Color atlas of human anatomy. Volume 3, Nervous system and sensory organs. 6th rev. ed. 2010, Thieme BookBasic elements of the nervous system -- Spinal cord and spinal nerves -- Brain stem and cranial nerves -- Cerebellum -- Diencephalon -- Telencephalon -- Cerebrovascular and ventricular sytstems -- Autonomic nervous system -- Functional systems -- The eye -- The ear.
- Color atlas of immunocytochemistry in diagnostic cytology 2007, Springer
- Color atlas of infective endocarditis 2006, Springer
- Color atlas of melanocytic lesions of the skin 2007, Springer
- Color atlas of nails 2010, Springer
- Color atlas of nerve biopsy pathology 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Color atlas of ophthalmology the quick-reference manual for diagnosis and treatment. 2nd ed. 2010, ThiemeOcular trauma / Daniele Veritti ... [et al.] -- Eyelids and lacrimal system / Christopher I. Zoumalan ... [et al.] -- Orbital infections, inflammation, and neoplasms / Praveen Saluja ... [et al.] -- External diseases / Guillermo Simón-Castellví ... [et al.] -- Cornea / W. Barry Lee and Ivan R. Schwab -- Intraocular inflammation / Soosan Jacob ... [et al.] -- Lens and cataract / Athiya Agarwal, Soosan Jacob, and Amar Agarwal -- Glaucoma / Soosan Jacob and Amar Agarwal -- Medical retina / Mandeep Lamba, Soosan Jacob, and Amar Agarwal -- Surgical retina / Clement K. Chan and Dariusz G. Tarasewicz -- Ocular neoplasms / Soosan Jacob, Santosh Hanovar, and Amar Agarwal -- Strabismus / Federico G. Velez, Noa Ela-Dalman, and Arthur L. Rosenbaum -- Neuro-ophthalmology / Soosan Jacob and Amar Agarwal -- Ophthalmic pharmacology / James M. Hill ... [et al.] -- Ocular manifestations of systemic disease / Soosan Jacob and Amar Agarwal -- Contact lenses / Kenneth M. Daniels -- Ophthalmic instruments and diagnostic tests / Samuel Boyd and Amar Agarwal -- Ophthalmic office procedures / Samuel Boyd -- Refractive surgery / David R. Hardten ... [et al.].
- Color atlas of pathophysiology. 2nd ed. 2010, Thieme BookFundamentals -- Temperature, energy -- Blood -- Respiration, acid-base balance -- Kidney, salt and water balance -- Stomach, intestines, liver -- Heart and circulation -- Metabolism -- Hormones -- Neuromuscular and sensory systems.
- Print Material
- Color atlas of pharmacology. 4th ed. 2011, Thieme Book
- Color atlas of physiology. 6th ed. 2009, Thieme BookFundamentals and cell physiology -- Nerve and muscle, physical work -- Autonomic nervous system (ANS) -- Blood -- Respiration -- Acid-base homeostasis -- Kidneys, salt, and water balance -- Cardiovascular system -- Thermal balance and thermoregulation -- Nutrition and digestion -- Hormones and reproduction -- Central nervous system and senses.
- Print Material
- 1Amblyopia treatment --2Principles of strabismus surgery --3Infantile esotropia --4Acquired esotropia --5Exotropia --6Torticollis, nystagmus and incomitant strabismus --7Complex strabismus --8Cranial nerve palsies --9Surgical anatomy --10Basic surgical techniques (Do's and Don'ts) --11Rectus muscle recession --12Topical anesthesia strabismus surgery --13Adjustable suture technique --14Rectus muscle tightening procedures --15Horizontal rectus muscle offsets and the Y-splitting procedure --16Transposition surgery for rectus muscle palsy --17Inferior oblique muscle weakening procedures --18Superior oblique tendon tightening procedures --19Superior oblique tendon weakening procedures --20Faden operation (posterior fixation suture) --21Reoperation techniques.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- This color atlas is a detailed guide on how to perform open, endoscopic, and robotic thyroidectomy techniques safely and effectively. Each chapter offers step-by-step descriptions of essential surgical procedures and techniques. Relevant information is included on surgical anatomy, and clear guidance is provided on preoperative set-up, draping, instrumentation, and complications and their treatment. The description of endoscopic thyroidectomy techniques focuses on the bilateral axillo-breast approach (BABA), while in the case of robotic thyroidectomy both BABA and the bilateral axillo-postauricular approach are described. In each case, the evidence supporting the technique is carefully examined. In the closing chapter, the role of new energy sources in thyroid surgery is discussed. The lucid text is supported by more than 200 full-color illustrations clarifying surgical anatomy, instrumentation, and procedures, and surgical video clips are also available to readers via a website. This atlas will be invaluable in enabling surgeons to achieve optimal outcomes when performing thyroid surgery.
- Color atlas of ultrasound anatomy. 2nd ed. 2012, Thieme BookThis pocket guide helps you to grasp the connection between three-dimensional organ systems and their two-dimensional representation in ultrasound imaging. Through dynamic illustrations and clarifying text, it allows you to: recognize, name, and confidently locate all organs, landmarks, and anatomical details of the abdomen; examine all standard planes, including transverse and longitudinal scans for regions of sonographic interest (including the thyroid gland); understand topographic relationships of organs and structures in all three spatial planes. This text is ideal for the beginner, providing a rapid orientation to all key topics. It includes: over 250 fully labeled image quartets, each showing: the preferred location of the transducer on the body; the resulting image; a labeled drawing of the image, keyed to anatomic structures; and a small 3-D drawing showing the location of the scanning plane in the organ. Body markers with information on transducer handling and positioning for each sonogra; over 250 rules of thumb and key concepts; all relevant landmarks, measurable parameters, and normal values.
- Print Material
- Physical and technical principles of color Doppler sonography / R. Kubale and G. Hetzel -- Safety aspects of Doppler and color Doppler sonography / H.-D. Rott -- Uterine blood flow in fertile and infertile women / S. Kupesic and A. Kurjak -- Uterine causes of infertility / S. Kupesic and A. Kurjak -- Changes in uterine and ovarian perfusion with the onset of menopause / A. Kurjak and S. Kupesic -- Color Doppler sonography for the optimization of assisted reproduction / D. Grab and K. Sterzik -- Pulsed Doppler and color duplex sonography in the assessment of tubal patency / B. Hüneke ... [et al.] -- Abnormalities of corpus iuteum function / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak, T. Zodan -- Interventional ultrasound in reproductive medicine / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak, and A.K. Ertan -- Doppler ultrasound examinations from folliculogenesis to early pregnancy / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak, and W. Schmidt -- Evaluation of early placentation and the embryonic circulation with Doppler ultrasound / A. Kurjak and S. Kupesic -- Color Doppler sonography in ectopic pregnancy / H.J. Voigt.Physiology of Doppler flow in maternal vessels during pregnancy / T. Golaszewski, J. Deutinger, and G. Bernaschek -- Color Doppler sonography of the uterine arteries in early pregnancy to screen for preeclampsia and uteroplacental insufficiency / A. Funk -- Normal fetomaternal Doppler indices in the second and third trimesters of pregnancy / A.K. Ertan ... [et al.] -- Venous Doppler sonography / F. Bahlmann -- Color Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of Nuchal cord / A.K. Ertan, H.J. Hendrik, W. Schmidt -- Chronic placental insufficiency / H.J. Hendrik, A.K. Ertan, and W. Schmidt -- Severely abnormal Doppler findings and perinatal abnormalities / A.K. Ertan, H.J. Hendrik, W. Schmidt -- Fetal Doppler findings in late pregnancy / K. Vetter -- Intrapartum Fetal Heart Rate changes and Doppler sonography / E. Weiss -- Color Doppler ultrasound in fetal echocardiography / A. Lindinger -- Use of color Doppler in echocardiography / U. Gembruch -- Structure of the human placenta and pathomorphological changes in placental insufficiency / K.R. Reitnauer.Morphological and morphometric studies of the placenta with Doppler abnormalities of the fetal umbilical arteries / T. Hitschold -- Sonographic and Doppler sonographic examination of uterine anomalies / S. Kupesic and A. Kurjak -- Doppler examination of the normal endometrium and benign endometrial changes / S. Kupesic, A. Kurjak -- Transvaginal color Doppler and pulsed Doppler diagnosis of benign changes in the uterine myometrium / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic -- Use of color Doppler in the evaluation of suspicious endometrial findings / M. Holländer ... [et al.] -- Malignant uterine tumors / A. Kurjak and S. Kupesic -- Blood flow changes in cervical carcinoma treated by primary chemotherapy / C. Villena-Heinsen ... [et al.] -- Color Doppler imaging of benign adnexal masses-a spectrum of findings / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic, and A.K. Ertan -- Malignant adnexal tumors / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic, and A.K. Ertan -- Three-dimensional power Doppler sonography in evaluating the angiogenesis of ovarian tumors / A. Kurjak, S. Kupesic, and B. Breyer -- Ovarian cancer screening / A. Kurjak ... [et al.].General aspects of the ultrasound investigation of blood flow in breast tumors / C. Villena-Heinsen, M. Holländer, and W. Schmidt -- Color Doppler sonography in the diagnosis of breast cancer / H. Madjar -- Usefulness of the minimum resistance index in the benign-malignant discrimination of breast tumors / C. Villena-Heinsen ... [et al.] -- Effect of menopausal status and hormone replacement on therapy resistance indices and blood flow velocities in breast tumors / C. Villena-Heinsen, I. Tossounidis, and W. Schmidt -- Benign-malignant tumor discrimination and prognostic evaluation of breast tumors with color Doppler sonography / C. Villena-Heinsen ... [et al.].
- Color textbook of histology. 3rd ed. 2007, ClinicalKey1. Introduction to histology and basic histological techniques - 2. Cytoplasm -- 3. Nucleus -- 4. Extracellular matrix -- 5. Epithelium and glands -- 6. Connective tissue -- 7. Cartilage and bone -- 8. Muscle -- 9. Nervous tissue -- 10. Blood and hemopoiesis -- 11. Circulatory system -- 12. Lymphoid (immune) system -- 13. Endocrine system -- 14. Integument -- 15. Respiratory system -- 16. Digestive system: oral cavity -- 17. Digestive system: alimentary canal -- 18. Digestive system: glands -- 19. Urinary system -- 20. Female reproductive system -- 21. Male reproductive system -- 22. Special senses.
- Color textbook of pediatric dermatology. 4th ed. 2007, ClinicalKey1. Structure and function of the skin -- 2. Evaluation of children with skin disease -- 3. Acne -- 4. Dermatitis -- 5. Bacterial infections (Pyodermas) and spirochetal infections of the skin -- 6. Fungal and yeast infections of the skin -- 7. Infestations -- 8. Viral infections -- 9. Papulosquamous disorders -- 10. Sun sensitivity -- 11. Bullous diseases and mucocutaneous syndromes -- 12. Skin cysts and nodules -- 13. Vascular lesions -- 14. Vascular reactions: urticaria, erythemas, and purpuras -- 15. Hair disorders -- 16. Nail disorders -- 17. Disorders of pigmentation: the white lesions and the brown lesions -- 18. Immobile and hypermobile skin -- 19. Genodermatoses -- 20. Drug eruptions -- 21. Skin diseases in newborns -- 22. Dermatopharmacology and topical formulary.
- Print MaterialAdenomas -- Early colorectal cancer -- Advanced colorectal cancer -- Other intestinal neoplasms -- Non-neoplastic lesions -- Technical considerations.
- Colour atlas of ophthalmic plastic surgery. 3rd ed. 2008, ClinicalKeyAnatomy -- Basic techniques in ophthalmic plastic surgery -- Preoperative evaluation -- Anaesthesia -- Instruments -- Entropion -- Ectropion -- Eyelash abnormalities -- Ptosis -- Blepharoplasty -- Eyelid retraction -- Evisceration, enucleation, exenteration -- Anophthalmic socket -- Eyelid reconstruction: eyelid margin closure -- Eyelid reconstruction: anterior lamella -- Eyelid reconstruction: posterior lamella -- Eyelid reconstruction: anterior and posterior lamellae combined -- Miscellaneous conditions.
- Chapter 1: Epidemiology applied to colposcopy / Mark Schifman, Jose Jeronimo -- Chapter 2: Human papillomaviruses and mechanisms of oncogenesis / Ann Roman, Helena Spartz, Darron R. Brown -- Chapter 3: Human papillomavirus vaccine / Stanley A. Gall -- 4: Cytology -- 4.1 Terminology in cervical cytology: the Bethesda System / Diane Davis Davey -- 4.2 Conventional cytology / Peter A. Drew, Edward J. Wilkinson -- 4.3 Thin-Layer, liquid-based cytology / Juan Felix -- Chapter 5: Adjunctive testing -- 5.1 Human papillomavirus testing / Attila T. Lorincz -- 5.2 Cervical screening with In vivo and in vitro modalities: speculoscopy combined with cytology / Neal M. Lonky -- Chapter 6: Principles and technique of the colposcopic exam / Barbara S. Apgar, Georgory L. Brotzman, Mary M. Rubin -- Chapter 7: Normal transformation zone / Denis M. O'Connor -- Chapter 8: Angiogenesis of cervical neoplasia / Adolf Stafl -- Chapter 9: Abnormal transformation zone / Georgory L Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 10: Colposcopic assessment systems -- 10.1 Rubin and Barbo colposcopic assessment system / Mary M. Rubin, Dorothy M. Barbo -- 10.2 Reids colposcopic index / Richard I. Reid -- Chapter 11: Atypical squamous cells / Thomas C. Wright, Jr. -- Chapter 12: Low-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / Alan G. Waxman -- Chapter 13: High-grade squamous intraepithelial lesions / L. Stuart Massad -- Chapter 14: Squamous cervical cancer / R. Kevin Reynolds -- Chapter 15: Cervical glandular disease: adenocarcinoma in situ and adenocarcinoma / V. Cecil Wright -- Chapter 16: Vagina: normal, premalignant, and malignant / Barbara S. Apgar, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 17: Non-neoplastic epithelial lesions of the vulva /Lynette J. Margesson -- Chapter 18: Vulvar intraepithelial neoplasia / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 19: External genital condyloma / Alex Ferenczy -- Chapter 20: Lower genital tract changes associated with in utero exposure to diethylstilbestrol / Raymond H. Kaufman -- Chapter 21: Colposcopy in pregnancy / David G. Weismiller -- Chapter 22: Human papillomavirus infections in adolescents / Anna-Barbara Moscicki -- Chapter 23: Anal disease / Teresa M. Darragh, J. Michael Berry, Naomi Jay. Joel M. Palefsky -- Chapter 24: Androscopy: examination of the male partner / John L. Pfenninger -- Chapter 25: Psychosocial aspects of colposcopy / Dennis J. Butler, Gregory L. Brotzman -- Chapter 26: Practical therapeutic options for treatment of cervical intraepithelial neoplasia / Mark Spitzer, Gregory L. Brotzman, Barbara S. Apgar -- Chapter 27: Colposcopy: pitfalls and tricks of the trade / Mark Spitzer.
- Common eye diseases and their management. 3rd ed. 2006, Springer
- Comparative anatomy and histology-- a mouse and human atlas. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect1. Introduction / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Kathleen S. Montine -- 2. Phenotyping / Cory Brayton, Piper M. Treuting -- 3. Necropsy and Histology / Sue Knoblaugh, Julie Randolph-Habecker, Steve Rath -- 4. Mammary Gland / Robert D. Cardiff, Kimberly H. Allison -- 5. Skeletal System / Christopher Jerome, Benjamin Hoch -- 6. Nose, Sinus, Pharynx, and Larynx / Jack R. Harkema, Stephan A. Carey, James G. Wagner, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 7. Oral Cavity and Teeth / Piper M. Treuting, Thomas H. Morton Jr. -- 8. Salivary Glands / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 9. Respiratory / Carlos Jose Suarez, Suzanne M. Dintzis, Charles W. Frevert -- 10. Cardiovascular / Michael A. Laflamme, Manu M. Sebastian, Bernard S. Buetow -- 11. Upper Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Mark A. Valasek, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 12. Lower Gastrointestinal Tract / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 13. Liver and Gallbladder / Arlin B. Rogers, Renee Z. Dintzis -- 14. Pancreas / Suzanne M. Dintzis, Denny Liggitt -- 15. Endocrine System / Krista Marie DuBray La Perle, C. Diana Jordan -- 16. Urinary System / Piper M. Treuting, Jolanta Kowalewska -- 17. Female Reproductive System / Mara H. Rendi, Atis Muehlenbachs, Rochelle L. Garcia, Kelli L. Boyd -- 18. Male Reproductive System / Sue Knoblaugh, Lawrence True -- 19. Hematopoietic and Lymphoid Tissues / Michael Linden, Jerrold M. Ward, Sindhu Cherian -- 20. Nervous System / Catherine E. Hagan, Brad Bolon, C. Dirk Keene -- 21. Special Senses: Eye / Piper M. Treuting, Rachel Wong, Daniel C. Tu, Isabella Phan -- 22. Special Senses: Ear / Piper M. Treuting, Suzanne M. Dintzis -- 23. Skin and Adnexa / John P. Sundberg, Lillian B. Nanney, Philip Fleckman, Lloyd E. King.
- Comparative skeletal anatomy a photographic atlas for medical examiners, coroners, forensic anthropologists, and archaeologists 2008, Springer
- Print Material
- Complications of myocardial infarction clinical diagnostic imaging atlas 2009, ClinicalKey1.2 million myocardial infarctions occurred last year in the U.S., and 480,000 patients died following complications of infarction. Now, you can detect and treat the many complications associated with myocardial infarction in time to save many more patients. This title in the brand-new Clinical Diagnostic Imaging Atlas Series offers you authoritative guidance from a well-known cardiologist and imaging expert about when and how to perform the latest diagnostic imaging tests, interpret the results, and effectively treat the emergency. Detailed discussions of hot topics, full-color illustrations, and a DVD of procedural video clips, animations, and downloadable image libraries help you provide fast, appropriate treatment for each challenging case you face. Offers detailed advice on when and how to screen for the most prevalent but often difficult-to-diagnose complications of myocardial infarction to help you improve care and increase survival rates. Discusses the hottest topics in myocardial infarction, including cardiogenic shock ₅ left ventricle remodeling ₅ thrombi ₅ right ventricle infarction ₅ free wall rupture ₅ false aneurysms ₅ tamponade ₅ ventricular septal rupture ₅ papillary muscle rupture ₅ and more that prepare you to better diagnose and manage whatever you see. Presents 70 fully illustrated case presentations with teaching points that make information easy to understand and digest. Addresses the advantages and limitations of chest radiology, transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography, cardiac CT, MR, angiography, and nuclear cardiology techniques so you can quickly determine the best imaging approach. Includes supporting evidence and current AHA/ACC guidelines for more accurate interpretations of your imaging findings. Uses a consistent, easy-to-follow chapter format that includes topic overview, an outline of imaging/diagnostic options, and case-based examples to make reference easy. Provides more than 400 full-color illustrations for expert visual guidance. Includes a bonus DVD containing hundreds of video clips of techniques and animations that show you what to look for and how to proceed as well as downloadable image libraries for use in electronic presentations.
- Print MaterialNarrow band imaging : historical background and basis for its development / Shigeaki Yoshida -- An introduction to high resolution endoscopy and narrowband imaging / Kazuhiro Gono -- Getting started with high resolution endoscopy and narrowband imaging / Ajay Bansal, Prateek Sharma -- Detection of superficial cancer in the oropharyngeal and hypopharyngeal mucosal sites and the value of NBI at qualitative diagnosis / Manabu Muto, Atsushi Ochiai, Shigeaki Yoshida -- Magnifying endoscopic diagnosis of tissue atypia and cancer invasion depth in the area of pharyngo-esophageal squamous epithelium by NBI enhanced magnification image : IPCL pattern classification / Haruhiro Inoue, Makoto Kaga, Yoshitaka Sato, Satoshi Sugaya, Shin-ei Kudo -- Applications of NBI HRE and preliminary data : Barrett's esophagus and adenocarcinoma / Wouter Curvers, Paul Fockens, Jacques Bergman -- Clinical application of magnification endoscopy with NBI in the stomach and the duodenum / Kenshi Yao, Takashi Nagahama, Fumihito Hirai, Suketo Sou, Toshiyuki Matsui, Hiroshi Tanabe, Akinori Iwashita, Philip Kaye, Krish Ragunath -- Magnifying endoscopy with narrow NBI in the diagnosis of superficial gastric neoplasia and its application for ESD / Mitsuru Kaise, Takashi Nakayoshi, Hisao Tajiri -- Optical chromoeodoscopy using NBI during screening colonoscopy : its usefulness and application / Yasushi Sano, Shigeaki Yoshida -- The significance of NBI observation for inflammatory bowel diseases / Takayuki Matsumoto, Tetsuji Kudo, Mitsuo Iida -- Pharynx and esophagus atlas -- Stomach atlas -- Small intestine atlas -- Colon atlas.
- Basic principles of computed tomography physics and technical considerations / Kyongtae T. Bae and Bruce R. Whiting -- Magnetic resonance imaging principles and applications / Mark A. Brown and Richard C. Semelka -- Interventional computed tomography / Charles T. Burke, Matthew A. Mauro, and Paul L. Molina -- Neck / Franz J. Wippold II -- Thorax: techniques and normal anatomy / Fernando R. Gutierrez, Santiago Rossi, and Sanjeev Bhalla -- Mediastinum / Alvaro Huete-Garin and Stuart S. Sagel -- Lung / Stuart S. Sagel -- Pleura, chest wall, and diaphragm / David S. Gierada and Richard M. Slone -- Heart and pericardium / Pamela K. Woodard ... [et al.] -- Normal abdominal and pelvic anatomy / Dennis M. Balfe, Brett Gratz, and Christine Peterson -- Gastrointestinal tract / Cheri L. Canon -- Liver / Jay P. Heiken, Christine O. Menias, and Khaled Elsayes -- The biliary tract / Franklin N. Tessler and Mark E. Lockhart -- Spleen / David M. Warshauer -- The pancreas / Desiree E. Morgan and Robert J. Stanley -- Abdominal wall and peritoneal cavity / Jay P. Heiken, Christine O. Menias, and Khaled Elsayes -- Retroperitoneum / David M. Warshauer, Joseph K. T. Lee, and Harish Patel -- The kidney and ureter / Mark E. Lockhart, J. Kevin Smith, and Philip J. Kenney -- The adrenal glands / Suzan M Goldman and Philip J. Kenney -- Pelvis / Julia R. Fielding -- Computed tomography of thoracoabdominal trauma / Paul L. Molina ... [et al.] -- Musculoskeletal system / Robert Lopez-Ben, Daniel S. Moore, and D. Dean Thornton -- The spine / Zoran Rumboldt, Mauricio Castillo, and J. Keith Smith -- Pediatric applications / Marilyn J. Siegel.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Concise histology. 1st ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyConcise Histology is the successor to the world-renowned Bloom and Fawcett's Textbook of Histology. This major new edition focuses on the core information and skills needed by students, and presents the essential elements of the body at the cellular, tissue and systematic levels. Highly illustrated in full color, the new edition has been fully updated throughout. The introductory chapter on cell biology has been substantially expanded and a new glossary has been added to help students with unfamiliar terminology. Each chapter contains a brief section on the histophysiology of each tissue and organ, and highlighted boxes identify the diseases resulting from the malfunctioning of specific cells. At the end of each chapter a series of questions allows students to test their knowledge. EM and microscopic level photographs have been digitally enhanced to provide optimum quality images. This new edition also comes with a free CD-ROM containing over 2000 questions and answers for self-assessment and 150 text-labelled images.
- Cone beam CT of the head and neck an anatomical atlas 2011, SpringerCone Beam CT of the Head and Neck' presents normal anatomy of the head using photographs of cadavers and CBCT images in sagittal, axial and coronal planes with the anatomic structures and landmarks clearly labelled. Important structures and regions are presented in detailed view. This is the first book with photographs of human tissue (based on slicing of cadaveric heads) combined with CBCT images.
- Cornea atlas. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2014, ClinicalKey1. Corneal slit lamp techniques2.Diseases of the lid: anatomic abnormalities --3.Diseases of the lid: tumors --4.Diseases of the lid: immunologic, infectious, and traumatic --5.Disorders of tear production and the lacrimal system --6.Conjunctival disease: tumors and anatomic abnormalities --7.Conjunctivitis --8.Cornea --9.Corneal manifestations of systemic disease and therapy --10.Lid, conjunctival, and corneal manifestations of chemical and biological warfare --11.Corneal dystrophies, ectatic disorders, and degenerations --12.Corneal infections --13.Interstitial keratitis --14.Noninfectious keratopathy --15.Immunologic disorders of the cornea --16.Corneal trauma --17.Contact lens complications --18.Disorders of the sclera --19.Iris tumors --20.Anterior uveitis --21.Penetrating keratoplasty --22.Deep anterior lamellar keratoplasty --23.Endothelial keratoplasty --24.Therapeutic and reconstructive procedures --25.Refractive surgery.
- Coronary artery CTA a case-based atlas 2009, Springer
- Cranial, craniofacial and skull base surgery 2010, SpringerEvolution of techniques to approach the base of the skull -- Instruments -- Subfrontal approaches -- Supraorbital eyebrow approach: a less invasive corridor to lesions of the anterior cranial fossa, parasellar region, and ventral brainstem -- Frontotemporal approach -- Orbitozygomatic approach -- Transcallosal approaches to intraventrical tumors -- Subtemporal approach -- Suboccipital lateral approaches (presigmoid) -- Suboccipital lateral approaches (retrosigmoid) -- Suboccipital median approach -- Middle cranial fossa approach -- Translabyrinthine and transcochlear petrosal approaches -- Dorsolateral approach to the craniocervical junction -- Transsphenoidal approaches: endoscopic -- Endonasal endoscope-assisted microscopic approach -- Transsphenoidal approaches: microscopic -- Expanded endoscopic endonasal approaches to the skull base -- Maxillofacial surgery: evolution and approaches -- Orbital approaches -- Transoral approaches -- Midfacial approaches -- Midfacial translocation approach -- Transmandibular approaches -- Anterior cranial base reconstruction.
- Print MaterialMechanisms of embryology -- Early embryonic development -- Early orofacial development -- Pharyngeal arches -- Pharyngeal pouches and pharyngeal grooves-- Bone development and growth -- Calvaria -- Cranial base -- Facial skeleton -- Palate -- Paranasal sinuses -- Mandible -- Temporomandibular joint -- Skull growth : sutures and cephalometrics -- Tongue and tonsils -- Salivary glands -- Muscle development -- Special sense organs -- Development of the dentition (Odontogenesis) -- Craniofacial disorders with known single gene mutations.
1 to 100 of 109 "C" titles
Access restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted.
Search, browse, and organize over 50,000 high-quality presentation-ready scientific and medical images.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.ARRS Goldminer: instant access to 240,000+ radiological images from peer-reviewed journals. Search by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, patient age and sex.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.