- Hand and wrist surgery. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeySection 1. Examination and emergency prodecures -- section 2. Tendon conditions -- section 3. Nerve injury and nerve palsy -- section 4. Musculotendinous unit lengthening and tendon transfers for spastic conditions -- section 5. Reconstruction of rheumatoid hand deformities -- section 6. Congenital conditions -- section 7. Soft tissue coverage -- section 8. Hand fractures, dislocations, and arthritis -- section 9. Thumb carpometacarpal joint instability and arthritis -- section 10. Wrist arthroscopy -- section 11. Carpal fractures and ligamentous instability -- section 12. Distal radius fractures and distal radioulnar joint repair and reconstruction -- section 13. Wrist osteoarthritis -- section 14. Tumors.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Head and neck imaging. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2015ClinicalKeyOne of the best selling volumes in the Case Review Series is now revised, with all new cases and a new question & answer format --excellent for honing skills and building confidence! This Second Edition of Head & Neck Imaging affords you a clinical tool that helps speed your differential diagnoses and ensures your proficiency. Organized like the *new* Oral Boards, it serves as a study guide for exams, CAQ and re-certification-and as a personal review of the subspecialty. Here, Johns Hopkins' Drs. Yousem and Aygun describe the latest techniques through 200 actual cases and close to 800 high-quality images. Tightly arranged, the text assures you fast access to information. Self-testing devices throughout validate your comprehension. Incorporates the most advanced imaging techniquesFormatted like the Oral Board Exam for easy study and reviewCross-referenced to Neuroradiology: The Requisites, Second Edition.
- Hematopathology 2013ClinicalKey
- Hematopathology morphology, immunophenotype, cytogenetics, and molecular approaches. 1st ed. 2008ScienceDirect
- Print Material"This collaborative project by a scientist and artist from the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine asks the reader to consider the aesthetics of human disease, both within and beyond the context of our preconceived social systems. Disease is a dynamically powerful force of nature that acts without regard to race, religion, or culture. These forces create visually stunning patterns with a remarkable ability to evoke human emotion in isolation that differswhen viewed in the context of the disease that produced the image. We see beauty in the delicate lacework of fungal hyphae invading a blood vessel, the structure of the normal cerebellum, and the desperate drive of metastasizing cancer cells. However, appreciation of the imagery produced by disease is bittersweet; we simultaneously experience the beauty of the natural world and the pain of those living with these disease processes. Ultimately, this series of images will leave the viewer with an understanding and appreciation of visual beauty inherent within the field." -- Book jacket.
- Print MaterialIntroduction to high-resolution computed tomography -- Airway and lung anatomy -- Large airways diseases -- Bronchiectasis -- Small airways diseases -- Cystic lung diseases -- Obstructive lung diseases -- Lung transplantation and lung volume reduction surgery -- Diffuse lung diseases -- Asbestos-related diseases -- Masses -- Infectious pneumonia -- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome-related diseases.
- Hinman's Atlas of pediatric urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKeyPreoperative Evaluation -- Preparation for Surgery -- Intraoperative Monitoring -- Operative Management -- Postoperative Care and Pain Management -- Perioperative Techniques -- Laparoscopic Techniques in Children -- Selection of the Incision -- Anterior Subcostal Incision -- Anterior Transverse (Chevron) Incision -- Midline Transperitoneal Incision -- Subcostal Incision -- Transcostal Incision -- Supracostal Incision -- Dorsal Lumbotomy -- Repair of Pleural Tear -- Splenorrhaphy and Splenectomy -- Repair of Flank Incisional Hernia -- Laparoscopic Renal Surgery -- Introduction to Kidney Reconstruction -- Pyeloureteroplasty -- Nephrostomy -- Ureterostomy in Situ -- Open Renal Biopsy -- Repair of Renal Injuries -- Simple Nephrectomy -- Partial Nephrectomy -- Pediatric Heminephrectomy -- Radical Nephrectomy -- Excision of Wilms' Tumor -- Renal Transplant Recipient -- Living Donor Nephrectomy -- Preparation and Approaches to Adrenal Surgery -- Surgical Approaches to the Adrenals -- Excision of Neuroblastoma -- Introduction to Ureteroneocystostomy -- Transvesical Advancement Technique -- Distal Tunnel Reimplantation -- Transtrigonal Technique -- Sheath Approximation Technique -- Extravesical Trough Technique -- Detrusorrhaphy (Modifications of the Lich-Gregoir Technique) -- Laparoscopic Extravesical Ureteroneocystostomy (Lich-Gregoir Adaptation) -- External Tunnel Method -- Revision Transplant Ureter -- Endoscopic Reflux Correction -- Ureteroneocystostomy with Tailoring -- Ureteral Tailoring (Folding) Technique -- Ureteroneocystostomy for Duplicated Ureters -- Ureteroureterostomy for Duplicated Ureters -- Ureteropyelostomy -- Transureteroureterostomy -- Transureteroureterostomy with Cutaneous Stoma -- Calycoureterostomy -- Ileal Ureteral Replacement -- Ureterocele Repair -- Endoscopic Ureterocele Decompression -- Psoas Hitch Procedure -- Bladder Flap Repair -- Renal Autotransplantation -- Ventriculoureteral Shunt -- Lower Midline Extraperitoneal Incision -- Lower Abdominal Transverse Incision -- Gibson Incision -- Mobilization of the Omentum -- Posterior Midline Approach to the Bladder Neck -- Pubovaginal Sling -- Trigonal Tubularization -- Vesical Neck Tubularization -- Intravesical Urethral Lengthening -- Bladder Neck Wraps -- Insertion of Artificial Sphincter -- Closure of Vesical Neck -- Vesical Exstrophy Primary Complete Closure -- Modern Staged Reconstruction for Vesical Exstrophy -- Plastic Correction of Exstrophy Suprapubic Defect -- Umbilicoplasty -- Cloacal Repair -- Cloacal Exstrophy -- Prune-Belly Syndrome: Reduction Cystoplasty, Abdominal Repair, and Umbilicoplasty -- Closure of Rectourethral Fistula -- Excision of Urachus -- Introduction to Noncontinent Diversion -- Suprapubic Cystostomy -- Pediatric Vesicostomy -- Fetal Intervention Vesicoamniotic Shunt -- Cutaneous Ureterostomy, Transureteroureterostomy, and Pyelostomy -- Transverse Colon Conduit -- Ureteroileostomy (Ileal Conduit) -- Introduction to Catheterizable Channels -- Appendicovesicostomy -- Ileovesicostomy -- Continent Vesicostomy -- Malone Antegrade Continence Enema -- Colon Flap Continence Channel -- Introduction to Bladder Augmentation -- Ileocystoplasty -- T-Pouch Hemi-Kock Procedure -- Colocystoplasty and Sigmoidocystoplasty -- Gastrocystoplasty -- Ureterocystoplasty -- Autoaugmentation -- Introduction to Continent Urinary Diversion -- Ileal Cecal Colonic Reservoir -- Ileal Reservoir with Ileal Catheterizable Channel -- Ureterosigmoidostomy -- Testis Biopsy -- Inguinal Orchiopexy (Open Technique) -- Scrotal Orchiopexy -- Orchiopexy for Abdominal Testes -- High Ligation Orchiopexy -- Low Ligation Orchiopexy -- Redo Orchiopexy -- Microvascular Orchiopexy -- Laparoscopic Orchiopexy Techniques -- Simple Orchiectomy -- Laparoscopic Orchiectomy -- Radical Orchiectomy -- Reduction of Testicular Torsion -- Repair of Testicular Injury -- Insertion of Testicular Prosthesis -- Inguinal Hernia Repair -- Correction of Hydrocele -- Introduction to Varicocele Ligation -- Subinguinal Varicocelectomy -- Abdominal and Inguinal Approaches to Varicocele Ligation -- Laparascopic Varicocelectomy -- Introduction to Hypospadias Repair -- Vascularized Pedicle Flaps -- Bladder Epithelial Grafts -- Buccal Mucosal Graft -- Preputial Skin Graft -- Penile Curvature -- Dorsal Tunica Albuginea Plication (TAP Procedure) and Elliptical Excision Technique -- Dermal Graft -- Glansplasty -- Skin Coverage -- Meatoplasty and Glanuloplasty (MAGPI Repair) -- Glans Approximation Procedure -- Pyramid Procedure for Repair of the Megameatus: Intact Prepuce Hypospadias Variant -- Perimeatal-Based Flap Repair -- Balanitic Groove Hypospadias Repair -- Transverse Preputial Onlay Island Flap -- Tubularized Plate Urethroplasty -- Incision of the Urethral Plate (Snodgrass Modification) -- Transverse Tubularized Preputial Island Flap -- Onlay Urethroplasty with Parameatal Foreskin Flap -- Free Tube Graft -- Two-Stage Primary Skin Repair -- Two-Stage Revision Buccal Mucosa Hypospadias Repair -- Penoscrotal Transposition Repair -- Foreskin Preservation -- Closure of Urethrocutaneous Fistula -- Excision of Male Urethral Diverticulum -- Meatotomy -- Circumcision -- Repair of Circumcision Injuries -- Concealed (Buried) and Webbed Penis -- Penile Torsion -- Epispadias Repair: Penile Disassembly -- Epispadias Repair -- Introduction to Genital Repair in Patients with Disorders of Sex Development -- Vaginoplasty -- Vaginoplasty Using Urogenital Sinus -- Clitoroplasty -- Vaginal Reconstruction: Skin Inlay -- Sigmoid Vaginal Reconstruction -- Thigh Flap Vagina and Tissue Expansion -- Repair of Penile Injuries -- Construction of the Penis -- Female Urethrovaginal Fistula -- Female Urethral Construction -- Urethral Prolapse -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Excision of Utricular (Mullerian Duct) Cyst.
- Hinman's Atlas of urologic surgery. 3rd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyRegarded as the most authoritative surgical atlas in the field, Hinman's Atlas of Urologic Surgery brings you the detailed visual guidance and unmatched expertise you need to confidently perform virtually any urologic surgical procedure. Detailed color illustrations and clinical photographs-all accompanied by commentary from leading urologists-lead you step by step through each technique. Instructions and commentary from a veritable "who's who" in urologic surgery equip you to successfully deliver optimal results. Know what to do and expect with comprehensive coverage of nearly every surgical procedure you might need to perform. Get a true-to-life view of each operation through illustrations and full-color photographs shown from the surgeon's perspective. Find answers fast thanks to a quick, clear, and easy-to-use format - ideal for residents as well as experienced surgeons. Turn to the companion reference, Hinman's Atlas of UroSurgical Anatomy, 2nd Edition, for a more in-depth view of the complex structures you must navigate when performing any procedure.
- Hinman's Atlas of urosurgical anatomy. 2nd ed. 2012ClinicalKeyVenous system -- Lymphatic system -- Peripheral nervous system -- Skin -- Gastrointestinal tract -- Anterolateral body wall -- Posterolateral and posterior body wall -- Inguinal region -- Pelvis -- Perineum -- Organs -- Kidney, ureter, and adrenal glands -- Bladder, ureterovesical junction, and rectum -- Prostate and urethral sphincters -- Female genital tract and urethra -- Penis and male urethra -- Testis.
- Hip arthritis surgery 2008ClinicalKeyHip arthroscopy / Joseph C. McCarthy and Jo-ann Lee -- Intertrochanteric femoral osteotomy / Nezar S. Tumia and James P. Waddell -- Bernese periacetabular osteotomy / Michael B. Millis -- Templating for primary total hip arthroplasty / Mahmoud A. Hafez and Emil H. Schemitsch -- Posterior approach to the hip / Oliver Keast-Butler and James P. Waddell -- Direct lateral approach to the hip / J. Roderick Davey -- Minimally invasive total hip arthroplasty: techniques and results / Jeremy S. Kudera, James L. Howard, and Robert T. Trousdale -- The cemented acetabular component / John P. Hodgkinson and William J. Hart -- The cemented femoral stem / John H. Franklin and Henrik Malchau -- Cementless acetabular cup technique / Michael D. Ries -- Cementless femoral stems / E.F. Young and Steven J. MacDonald -- Hip resurfacing arthroplasty / Wadih Y. Matar and Paul E. Beaulé -- Digital templating for revision total hip arthroplasty / Mahmoud A. Hafez and Emil H. Schemitsch -- Extended trochanteric osteotomy: posterior approach / Scott M. Sporer and Wayne G. Paprosky -- Direct lateral exposure / Robert B. Bourne -- Acetabular cementless revision / Winston Y. Kim and Bassam A. Masri -- Rings and cages / Catherine F. Kellett, Petros J. Boscainos, and Allan E. Gross -- Femoral revision: impaction grafting / John A.F. Charity, A. John Timperley, and Graham A. Gie -- Femoral stem revision: posterior approach / Oliver Keast-Butler and James P. Waddell.
- Print Material
- Print Material1. Origins of immunity in antiquity: Rhazes; variolation; Lady Mary Wortley Montagu; Edwar Jenner and smallpox vaccination by cowpox inoculation -- 2. Germ theories and the advent of classical immunology -- 3. Immunochemistry (molecular immunology) --4. The Complement system: chronology and mystique -- 5. Anaphylaxis -- 6. Allergy, atopy, Arthus and Shwatzman reactions -- 7. Cellular immunity and delayed-type hypersensitivity -- 8. Immunobiology, cellular immunology and tumor immunity -- 9. Autoimmunity; Table 1. Chronology of events in the development of autoimmunity, p. 194-195 -- 10. Immunohematology -- 11. Immunogenetics, immunologic tolerane, transfusion -- 12. Immunization against infectious diseases; interferon; congenital immunodeficiencies; AIDS 13. Immunological methods -- 14. Immunological societies [primarily AAI] -- Chapter 15. Landmarks in the history of immunology [chronology], p. 313-319.
- Section 1. Isolated pediatric eye disorders -- Section 2. Ocular manifestations of systemic disease.
- Hospital images a clinical atlas 2011WileyThis gorgeous, full-color atlas and case-book presents more than sixty cases with over one hundred associated, super high-quality clinical images that a physician needs to be able to rapidly recognize and know for accurate, expedient diagnosis and treatment. The images are presented with the patient & rsquo;s brief medical history, followed by the diagnosis, brief discussion of the diagnosis, and the patient & rsquo;s clinical course and treatment. These miniature case studies encompass photos and descriptions of patients, supporting physical findings, X-rays, CT scans, electrocardiograms, blood s.
- Print MaterialThe art of anatomy / Benjamin A. Rifkin -- Vesalius -- Estienne -- Valverde -- Eustachi -- Casseri and Spieghel -- Bidloo and Cowper -- Ruysch -- Cheselden -- Albinus -- Gautier d'Agoty -- Smellie and Hunter -- Gamelin -- Bell -- Ballie, Willan, Cruveilhier, and Carswell -- Cloquet and Sarlandière -- Bourgery -- Quain, Maclise, and Ellis -- Gray -- Braune -- Anatomy in the digital age / Michael J. Ackerman -- McCracken.
- Human anatomy color atlas and textbook. 5th ed. 2008ClinicalKey, TEMPORARILY UNAVAILABLE, 3RD TIME. PUBLISHER NOTIFIED APRIL 23, 2015.
- Human brain : an introduction to its functional anatomy. 6th ed. 2009ClinicalKey
- Print Material
- Print MaterialExternal anatomy of the brain -- Transverse sections of the spinal cord -- Transverse sections of the brainstem -- Building a brain: three-dimensional reconstructions -- Coronal sections -- Horizontal sections -- Sagittal sections -- Functional systems -- Clinical imaging.
- Human brain in photographs and diagrams. 4th ed. 2013ClinicalKeyExternal anatomy of the brain -- Transverse sections of the spinal cord -- Transverse sections of the brainstem -- Building a brain: three-dimensional reconstructions -- Coronal sections -- Axial sections -- Sagittal sections -- Functional systems -- Clinical imaging.
- Human central nervous system. 4th ed. 2008SpringerOrientation -- Development -- Gross anatomy -- Blood supply, meninges and cerebrospinal fluid circulation -- Brain slices -- Topography of spinal cord, brain stem and cerebellum -- Diencephalon: introduction and epithalamus -- Diencephalon: dorsal thalamus -- Diencephalon: ventral thalamus or subthalamus -- Diencephalon: hypothalamus -- Telencephalon: introduction and olfactory system -- Telencephalon: hippocampus and related structures -- Telencephalon: amygdala and claustrum -- Telencephalon: basal ganglia -- Telencephalon: neocortex -- General sensory systems and taste -- Vestibular system -- Auditory system -- Visual system -- Cerebellum -- Motor systems -- Reticular formation and the monoaminergic and cholinergic cell groups -- Greater limbic system.
- Human hippocampus functional anatomy, vascularization, and serial sections with MRI. 4th ed. 2013SpringerThis new edition, like previous ones, offers a precise description of the anatomy of the human hippocampus based upon neurosurgical progress and the wealth of medical imaging methods available. The first part describes the fine structures of the hippocampus and is illustrated with new original figures. A survey is then provided of current concepts explaining the functions of the hippocampus, and the external and internal hippocampal vascularization is precisely described. The last and main part of the book presents serial sections in coronal, sagittal, and axial planes; each section is accompanied by a drawing to explain the MR 3T images. The new edition is also enriched by several MRI views of major hippocampal diseases. This comprehensive atlas of human hippocampal anatomy will be of interest to all neuroscientists, including neurosurgeons, neuroradiologists, and neurologists.
- Print Material
- Human osteology & skeletal radiology an atlas and guide 2005CRCnetBASE
- Displays expression and localization data for human proteins in a large variety of normal tissues and cancer cells. The data are publicly available and presented as high resolution images of immunohistochemically stained tissues and cell lines. Available proteins can be reached through searches for specific genes or by browsing individual chromosomes.
- Print Material
- Hurst's Imaging cases 2014-AccessMedicinemodule 1. Angiography CT scans : normal coronary anatomy / Milind Desai, Rahul Renapurkar -- module 2. Angiography CT scans : coronary artery disease and coronary anomalies / Milind Desai, Rahul Renapurkar -- module 3. Angiography CT scans : aortic and pericardial disease / Milind Desai, Rahul Renapurkar -- module 4. Coronary and peripheral angiography and intervention / Duane S. Pinto, Ali Mahajerin -- module 5. Cardiac MRI / Zelmira Curillova -- module 6. Arrhythmia EKGs and intracardiacs / Ashok J. Shah, Ranjan K. Thakur -- module 7. Transthoracic echocardiograms / Jayashri Aragam, Santanu Biswas.
- Hurwitz Clinical pediatric dermatology a textbook of skin disorders of childhood and adolescence. 3rd ed.Print Material
Access restricted to Stanford community
Search, browse, and organize over 50,000 high-quality presentation-ready scientific and medical images.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.ARRS Goldminer: instant access to 240,000+ radiological images from peer-reviewed journals. Search by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, patient age and sex.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Other Image Sources
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.