- Machinery of life. 2nd ed. 2009SpringerIntroduction -- Molecular machines -- The processes of living -- Molecules in cells: Escherichia coli -- A human cell: The advantages of compartments -- The human body: The advantages of specialization -- Life and death -- Viruses -- You and your molecules.
- Technical advances in musculoskeletal imaging -- Surface coil imaging -- The hip -- The knee -- The ankle and foot -- Entrapment neuropathies of the lower extremity -- Articular cartilage -- The shoulder -- The elbow -- The wrist and hand -- MR imaging of the fingers -- Entrapment neuropathies of the upper extremity -- Marrow imaging -- Bone and soft-tissue tumors.
- Manual of aesthetic surgery. 2, Breast augmentation, brachioplasty, abdominoplasty, thigh and buttock lift, liposuction, hair transplantation, adjuvant therapies, including spacelift v. 2, 2005Springer
- Manual of laparoscopic urology 2008Springer
- Print Material1. Orbit -- 2. Ocular Motility and Cranial Nerves -- 3. Lids, Lashes, and Lacrimal Glands -- 4. Conjunctiva and Sclera -- 5. Cornea -- 6. Anterior Chamber -- 7. Iris and Pupils -- 8. Lens -- 9. Vitreous -- 10. Retina and Choroid -- 11. Optic Nerve and Glaucoma -- 12. Visual Acuity, Refractive Procedures, and Sudden Vision Loss.
- Mastering rhinoplasty a comprehensive atlas of surgical techniques with integrated video clips. 2nd ed. 2010SpringerSimplifying Rhinoplasty -- A Basic Rhinoplasty Operation -- Radix and Dorsum -- TechniqTueips -- Nasal Base -- Functional Factors -- Grafts -- Primary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Advanced Primary Rhinoplasty -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Surgical Techniques -- Secondary Rhinoplasty: Decision Making -- Aesthetic Reconstructive Rhinoplasty.
- Maxillofacial imaging 2006Springer
- Print Material
- v. 1. The structure and function of skin -- Specialized techniques in dermatopathology -- Disorders of keratinization -- Inherited and autoimmune subepidermal blistering diseases -- Acantholytic disorders -- Spongiotic, psoriasiform and pustular dermatoses -- Lichenoid and interface dermatitis -- Superficial and deep perivascular inflammatory dermatoses -- Granulomatous, necrobiotic and perforating dermatoses -- Inflammatory diseases of the subcutaneous fat -- Diseases of the oral mucosa -- Diseases of the anogenital skin -- Degenerative and metabolic diseases -- Cutaneous adverse reactions to drugs -- Neutrophilic and eosinophilic dermatoses -- Vascular diseases -- Idiopathic connective tissue disorders -- Infectious diseases of the skin -- v.2. Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) and acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)-associated cutaneous diseases -- Disorders of pigmentation -- Diseases of collagen and elastic tissue -- Diseases of the hair -- Diseases of the nails -- Tumors of the surface epithelium -- Melanocytic nevi -- Melanoma -- Tumors of the conjunctiva -- Sentinel node biopsies -- Cutaneous lymphoproliferative diseases and related disorders -- Cutaneous metastases and Paget's disease the skin -- Tumors of the hair follicle -- Tumors and related lesions of the sebaceous glands -- Tumors of the sweat glands -- Cutaneous cysts -- Connective tissue tumors.
- Systemic review -- Skeleton -- Muscles -- Arteries -- Veins -- Nerves -- Dermatomes -- Cross-sections of the human body -- Head, neck, and brain -- Skull -- Skull bones -- Neck -- Root of the neck -- Face -- Temporal and infratemporal fossae -- Infratemporal fossa -- Deep infratemporal fossa -- Pharynx -- Larynx -- Cranial cavity -- Eye -- Nose -- Nose and tongue -- Ear -- Brain -- Cranial nerves -- Clinical thumbnails -- Vertebral column and spinal cord -- Vertebral column overview -- Back and shoulder -- Vertebrae -- Sacrum -- Sacrum and coccyx -- Bony pelvis -- Vertebral ossification -- Vertebral column and spinal cord -- Surface anatomy of the back -- Muscles of the back -- Sub-occipital triangle -- Vertebral radiographs -- Clinical thumbnails -- Upper limb -- Upper limb overview -- Upper limb bones -- Shoulder -- Axilla -- Arm -- Elbow -- Forearm -- Hand -- Wrist and hand radiographs -- Clinical thumbnails -- Thorax -- Thorax overview -- Thoracic bones -- Thoracic wall surface markings and breast -- Breast -- Thoracic wall and surface markings -- Thoracic wall -- Thoracic viscera -- Heart -- Mediastinum -- Mediastinal imaging -- Lungs -- Superior mediastinum -- Superior mediastinum and thoracic inlet -- Superior thoracic aperture (thoracic inlet) -- Posterior mediastinum -- Intercostal nerves and thoracic joints -- Aorta and associated vessels -- Diaphragm -- Oesophageal imaging -- Clinical thumbnails -- Abdomen and pelvis -- Abdomen overview -- Anterior abdominal wall -- Male pelvis -- Inguinal region -- Upper abdomen -- Intestinal imaging -- Liver -- Gall bladder imaging -- Spleen -- Spleen and intestines -- Intestines -- Small intestine -- Kidneys and suprarenal glands -- Kidneys and kidney imaging -- Diaphragm and posterior abdominal wall -- Posterior abdominal and pelvic walls -- Pelvic walls -- Male inguinal region, external genitalia -- Male pelvis -- Pelvic vessels and nerves -- Pelvic ligaments -- Female pelvis -- Female perineum -- Male perineum -- Clinical thumbnails -- Lower limb -- Lower limb overview -- Lower limb bones -- Foot bones -- Foot and ankle bones -- Ankle bones -- Development of lower limb bones -- Gluteal region -- Thigh -- Front of thigh -- Hip joint -- Knee -- Knee radiographs -- Leg -- Ankle and foot -- Foot -- Ankle and foot imaging -- Clinical thumbnails -- Lymphatics -- Lymphatic system -- Lymphangiography -- Thymus -- Chest -- Palatine tonsils -- Neck -- Thoracic duct -- Right anilla -- Cisterna chyli and thoracic duct -- Female pelvis -- Gross lymphadenopathy of the pelvis -- Thigh and superficial inguinal lymph nodes -- Clinical thumbnails.
- Print Material
- McMinn's Color atlas of foot and ankle anatomy. 4th ed. 2012ClinicalKeyBari M. Logan and Ralph T. Hutchings, uses phenomenal images of dissections, osteology, and radiographic and surface anatomy to provide you with a perfect grasp of all the lower limb structures you are likely to encounter in practice or in the anatomy lab. You'll have an unmatched view of muscles, nerves, skeletal structures, blood supply, and more, plus new, expanded coverage of regional anesthesia injection sites and lymphatic drainage. Unlike the images found in most other references, all of these illustrations are shown at life size to ensure optimal visual comprehension. It's an ideal resource for clinical reference as well as anatomy lab and exam preparation! Easily correlate anatomy with clinical practice through 200 high-quality illustrations, many life-sized, including dissection photographs, skeletal illustrations, surface anatomy photos, and radiologic images. Reinforce your understanding of each dissection with notes and commentaries, and interpret more complex images with the aid of explanatory artwork. Efficiently review a wealth of practical, high-yield information with appendices on skin, arteries, muscles, and nerves. Administer nerve blocks accurately and effectively with the aid of a new chapter on regional anesthesia.
- McMinn's Color atlas of head and neck anatomy Bari M. Logan, Patricia A. Reynolds ; original photography by Ralph T. Hutchings.. 4th ed. 2010ClinicalKeySkull and skull bone articulations -- Sect: Skull -- Bones of the skull -- Skull bone articulations -- Fetal skull -- Cervical vertebrae and neck -- Sect: Cervical vertebrae -- Other bones -- Neck -- Face, orbit and eye -- Sect: Face -- Orbit and eye -- Nose, oral region, ear and larynx -- Sect: Nose and paranasal sinuses -- Mouth, palate and pharynx -- Ear -- Larynx -- Cranial cavity and brain -- Sect: Cranial cavity -- Brain -- Radiographs -- Sect: Radiographs.
- MDCT protocols whole body and emergencies 2012SpringerMultidetector-row computed tomography (MDCT) has become a fundamental imaging technique for the study of many anatomical districts in different clinical situations, as it provides a fast, reliable, and accurate simultaneous evaluation of different organs, including parenchyma, hollow viscera, vessels, and bony structures. It has also equipped the radiologist with the ability to explore areas that in the last decade were largely ignored by CT, especially the coronary arteries and the colon, and to limit invasive diagnostic tests (e.g., catheter angiography) to those cases in which interventional procedures are required. The examination quality and the consequent diagnostic accuracy of MDCT are the results of an optimized study technique, which nonetheless needs to be adapted to the particular clinical situation of the patient, while bearing in mind the radiation exposure. Another fundamental parameter in the optimization of MDCT is the protocol for the intravenous injection of iodinated contrast material; in these studies, multiple variables, some modifiable by the operator and others patient-dependent, must be considered based on the aims of maximizing arterial and venous enhancements whilst minimizing the dose of iodine injected, saving money, and increasing patient safety. Through the presentation of cases addressing different anatomical regions and various clinical indications, including emergency and neuro-imaging, this volume seeks to provide the general radiologist and trainee specialist with a guide to the main study protocols to be implemented in order to optimize examination quality and, consequently, facilitate the diagnostic process.
- Print Material
- Medical imaging of normal and pathologic anatomy 2010ClinicalKey
- Medical physiology a cellular and molecular approach. Updated second edition [updated 2nd ed.] 2012ClinicalKeyMedical Physiology, in its updated 2nd edition, firmly relates molecular and cellular biology to the study of human physiology and disease. Drs. Walter Boron and Emile Boulpaep and a team of leading physiologists present practical, accurate coverage emphasizing the clinical implications of the material. Each chapter explains the principles and organization of each body system, while more than 1400 high-quality, full-color line drawings and prominently featured clinical examples clarify every concept. This exceptionally detailed and comprehensive guide to physiology is ideal for a rich, straightforward, state-of-the-art understanding of this essential subject.
- Print MaterialConcepts of medical terminology -- Suffixes -- Prefixes -- Cells, tissues, and organs -- Body structure -- Disease -- Diagnosis and treatment. Surgery -- Drugs -- Circulation : the cardiovascular and lymphatic systems -- Blood and immunity -- The respiratory system -- The digestive system -- The urinary system -- The male reproductive system -- The female reproductive system. Pregnancy and birth -- The endocrine system -- The nervous system and behavioral disorders -- The senses -- The skeleton -- The muscular system -- The skin.
- Medicolegal neuropathology a color atlas 2002CRCnetBASE
- Contains over 20,000 images from 5500 peer reviewed and approved cases. Teaching files have a Quiz Mode and allow search by ACR codes.
- Print Material
- "The World Health Organization launched Project Atlas in 2000. The objective of this project is to collect, compile and disseminate relevant information on mental health resources in countries. The first set of publications from the project appeared in October 2001; these were updated in 2005. These publications have already established themselves as the most authoritative source of such information globally. Responding to the continued need for accurate information, WHO has fully revised and updated the Atlas" -- Page 5.
- Micro-tomographic atlas of the mouse skeleton 2007Springer
- Print Material"This book elucidates the development of the surgical therapy of ear diseases from antiquity to the middle ages and modern times up to the present."--Preface.
- Print Material
- Minnesota code manual of electrocardiographic findings including measurement and comparison with the Novacode ; standards and procedures for ECG measurement in epidemiologic and clinical trials. 2nd ed. 2010Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Database for the comparison of gene expression patterns correlated with anatomic and molecular information for the C57BL/6J mouse brain.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- MRI atlas of lesions in multiple sclerosis 2008Springer
- MRI atlas orthopedics and neurosurgery : the spine 2007Springer
- MRI of bone and soft tissue tumors and tumorlike lesions differential diagnosis and atlas 2008ThiemeThis book on radiology of musculoskeletal diseases is an aid for the radiologist evaluating problems of the bones, joints, and muscles. Comprehensive differential diagnostic tables are juxtaposed with excellent illustrations from all radiologic modalities. Along with the differential diagnoses, helpful hints for further evaluation or narrowing the diagnosis are provided.
- This richly illustrated case-based atlas thoroughly depicts the role of MR imaging in the assessment of patients presenting with pain due to degenerative disease of the spine and will serve as an excellent guide to differential diagnosis. Importantly, generic radicular compression is the main reason for the painful symptomatology in only a limited number of cases, and this book illustrates and emphasizes how various anatomic elements of the spine can be responsible. The imaging features of a range of disorders involving both the anterior and posterior elements of the spine are described, including active inflammatory osteochondrosis, atypical herniated discs, facet joint disorders, spondylolysis, and degenerative-inflammatory changes of the spinal ligaments and posterior perispinal muscles. Each example is supported by clinical data, and a series of unusual cases are also presented. MR study protocols include T2-weighted sequences with fat saturation and contrast-enhanced T1-weighted sequences with fat saturation to allow better visualization or highlighting of various inflammatory changes in the spine. Radiologists, neuroradiologists, neurosurgeons, orthopedists, and rehabilitation physicians will all find this atlas a valuable asset in their practice.
- MRI of rectal cancer clinical atlas 2010Springer
- MRI of rheumatic spine a case-based atlas 2014Springer
- Musculoskeletal MRI. 2nd ed. 2009ClinicalKeyBasic principles of musculoskeletal MRI -- Marrow -- Tendons and muscles -- Peripheral nerves -- Musculoskeletal infections -- Arthritis and cartilage -- Tumors -- Osseous trauma -- Temporomandibular joint -- Shoulder -- Elbow -- Wrist and hand -- Spine -- Hips and pelvis -- Knee -- Foot and ankle.
- With an emphasis on the accuracy and dynamic nature of no-radiation ultrasound, leading clinicians from around the world provide practical guidance on how to combine different multiplanar imaging modalities in the analysis and diagnosis of common musculoskeletal disorders. Organized by body region, each of the 13 chapters follows a consistent, easy-to-reference format. The authors guide the reader through clinical indications, technical guidelines, and normal anatomy followed by information on degenerative diseases, inflammatory conditions, traumatic injuries, tumors, and various other musculoskeletal problems. Clear, high-resolution ultrasound images appear side by side with MRI, and in some cases CT, images to teach and train readers how to perform musculoskeletal ultrasound in clinical practice while simultaneously sharpening their diagnostic skills.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Search, browse, and organize over 50,000 high-quality presentation-ready scientific and medical images.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.ARRS Goldminer: instant access to 240,000+ radiological images from peer-reviewed journals. Search by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, patient age and sex.ANATOMY.TV: shows each area of human anatomy with 20 layers ,detailed moving images. Limited to 1 simultaneous user — be sure to logoff when done.
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Other Image Sources
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.