- N-acetylaspartate ......................
- — Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes II .......
- Neuroactive steroids in brain functio...
- — Neuroscience of clinical psychiatry ....
- Neuroscience of hallucinations .........
- — Novel apoptotic regulators in carcino...
- Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and...
- Neuroanatomical basis of clinical neurology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Neuroanatomical tract-tracing 3 2006, Springer
- Neuroanatomy and pathology of sporadic Parkinson's disease 2009, SpringerMorphology of Lewy pathology -- The evolving distribution pattern of Lewy pathology associated with sPD renders neuropathological staging possible -- Stage 1 -- Stage 2 -- Stage 3 -- Stage 4 -- Stages 5 and 6 -- Progression of the cortical lesions mimics the pattern of myelination in reverse order -- The staging hypothesis: assumptions, challenges, potential.
- Neuroanatomy for the neuroscientist 2007, Springer
- Neuroanatomy for the neuroscientist. 2nd ed. 2011, SpringerPt. 1. Essential organization of the central nervous system -- pt. 2. The systems -- pt. 3. The non-nervous elements -- pt. 4. ATLAS.
- Neuroanatomy of the oculomotor system. Updated extended ed. 2005, ScienceDirect
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Neurobehavioral disorders of childhood 2009, Springer
- Neurobehavioral genetics. 2nd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASEChapter 1. A History of Behavior Genetics / Stephen C. Maxson -- Chapter 2. Developmental Neurobehavioral Genetics: Development as Explanation / Gilbert Gottlieb -- Chapter 3. Some Basics, Mendelian Traits, Polygenic Traits, Complex Traits / Byron C. Jones -- Chapter 4. An Introduction to Quantitative Genetics / Wim E. Crusio -- Chapter 5. From QTL Detection to Gene Identification / Marie-Pierre Moisan -- Chapter 6. Gene Expression / Richard A. Radcliffe -- Chapter 7. Bioinformatics of Behavior / Elissa J. Chesler -- Chapter 8. Congenic and Consomic Strains / Lorraine Flaherty and Valerie Bolivar -- Chapter 9. Animal Resources in Behavioral Neurogenetics / Jean-Michel Lassalle -- Chapter 10. Sample Size Requirements for Experiments on Laboratory Animals / Douglas Wahlsten -- Chapter 11. The Role of Association Studies in Psychiatric Disorders / Nicolas Ramoz and Philip Gorwood -- Chapter 12. Family and Twin Methods / Keith E. Whitfield and Tracy L. Nelson -- Chapter 13. Gene-Environment Interactions / Byron C. Jones and Leslie C. Jones -- Chapter 14. And Now it Starts to Get Interesting: Gene-Gene Interactions / Yamima Osher -- Chapter 15. Schizophrenia: Study of a Genetically Complex Phenotype / Michael F. Pogue-Geile and Irving I. Gottesman -- Chapter 16. Genetics of Major Affective Disorders / Wade Berrettini -- Chapter 17. Pedigree Analyses and the Study of Chimpanzee (Pan troglodytes) Personality and Subjective Well-Being / Alexander Weiss and James E. King -- Chapter 18. The Elusive World of Personality Genes: Cherchez le Phenotype / Richard P. Ebstein, Rachel Bachner-Melman, Jonathan Benjamin, and Robert H. Belmaker -- Chapter 19. Aggression: Concepts and Methods Relevant to Genetic Analyses in Mice and Humans / Stephen C. Maxson and Andrew Canastar -- Chapter 20. Genetic Analysis of Emotional Behaviors Using Animal Models / André Ramos and Pierre Mormède -- Chapter 21. Genetic Analysis of Food Search Behavior in the Fruit Fly (Drosophila melanogaster) / Amsale T. Belay and Marla B. Sokolowski -- Chapter 22. Genetic and Molecular Analyses of Drosophila
- Neurobiology of actin 2011, Springer
- Neurobiology of addiction 2006, ScienceDirectWhat is addiction? -- Animal models of drug addiction -- Psychostimulants -- Opioids -- Alcohol -- Nicotine -- Cannabinoids -- Imaging -- Neurobiological theories of addiction -- Drug addiction : transition from neuroadaptation to pathophysiology.
- Neurobiology of aggression and rage 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Print MaterialAlzheimer's disease : a hundred years of investigation / Shelley J. Allen -- The neuropathology of Alzheimer's disease / Margaret M. Esiri -- Molecular genetics of Alzheimer's disease / John S. K. Kauwe and Alison M. Goate -- Biology and molecular neuropathology of [beta]-amyloid protein / Edward B. Lee and Virginia M.-Y. Lee -- Molecular basis of tau protein pathology : role of abnormal hyperphosphorylation / Khalid Iqbal, Alejandra del C. Alonso, M. Omar Chohan, Ezzat El-Akkad, Cheng-Xin Gong, Sabiha Khatoon, Fei Liu, and Inge Grundke-Iqbal -- Protein misfolding, aggregation, and fibril formation : common features of cerebral and non-cerebral amyloidosis / Agueda Rostagno, Ratnesh Lal, and Jorge Ghiso --Apolipoprotein E, amyloid [beta] peptide, and Alzheimer's disease / Suzanne E. Wahrle and David M. Holtzman -- Presenilins / Kulandaivelu S. Vetrivel and Gopal Thinakaran -- Multiple transgenic mouse models for Alzheimer's disease / Dick Terwel, Ilse Dewacher, Tom Van Dooren, Tom Vanderbroek, Thomas Van Helmont, David Muyllaert, Peter Borghgraef, Sophie Croes, Joris Winderickx, and Fred Van Leuven -- Inflammation and Alzheimer's disease / Mark P. Mattson -- Cellular targets of amyloid [beta] peptide : potential roles in neuronal cell stress and toxicity / Xi Chen, David Stern, and Shi Du Yan -- Alzheimer's disease as a neurotransmitter disease / Mitchell K. P. Lai, Maria J. Ramirez, Shirely W. Y. Tsang, and Paul T. Francis --NGF family of neurotrophins and their receptors : early involvement in the progression of Alzheimer's disease / Elliott J. Mufson, Scott E. Counts, Margaret Fahnestock, and Stephen D. Ginsberg -- Clinical assessment of Alzheimer's disease / Sarmishtha Bhattacharyya, Ross Overshott, and Alistair Burns -- Molecular and biological markers for Alzheimer's disease / Henrik Zetterberg and Kaj Blenow -- Current pharmacological approaches to treating Alzheimer's disease / Gordon K. Wilcock and David Dawbarn -- Amyloid-based therapies / Weiming Xia -- Future directions : the A[beta] amyloid pathway as the target for diagnosing, preventing, or treating Alzheimer's disease / Colin L. Masters.
- Neurobiology of attention 2005, ScienceDirect
- Neurobiology of body fluid homeostasis 2014, CRCnetBASE"The importance of the regulation of salt is of clinical relevance given its relation to the "epidemic" of high blood pressure and that virtually all foods throughout the EU and USA will be mandated to reduce their salt content. This book covers virtually all aspects of the innate drives of thirst and salt, including transduction, sensory mechanism, afferent systems, organization, CNS integrative circuitry, and efferent pathways and effectors systems. It also covers the addition aspects of salt appetites and the orexigenic aspects, as well as other emerging topics in this field"--Provided by publisher.
- Neurobiology of circadian timing 2012, ScienceDirectThis issue of Progress in Brain Research reviews current knowledge and understanding, provides a starting point for researchers and practitioners entering the field, and builds a platform for further research and discovery. Leading authors review the state-of-the-art in their field of investigation, and provide their views and perspectives for future research Chapters are extensively referenced to provide readers with a comprehensive list of resources on the topics covered All chapters include comprehensive background information and are written in a clear form that is also accessible to the non-specialist.
- Neurobiology of DOPA as a neurotransmitter 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Neurobiology of human values 2005, SpringerCreation, art, and the brain /Jean-Pierre Changeux --Did evolution fix moral values? /Camilo J. Cela-Conde --Homo homini lupus? : morality, the social instincts, and our fellow primates /Frans B.M. de Waal --Disorders of social conduct following damage to the prefrontal cortices /Hanna Damasio --The neurobiological grounding of human values /Antonio Damasio --Emotion and cognition in moral judgment : evidence from neuroimaging /Joshua Greene --Neural substrates of affective style and value /Richard J. Davidson --Cognitive psychology of moral intuitions /Daniel Kahneman, Cass R. Sunstein --Mirror neuron : a neurological approach to empathy /Giacomo Rizzolatti, Laila Craighero --How does the brain know when it is right? /Wolf Singer --Cerebral basis of human errors /Oliver Houdé --How a primate brain comes to know some mathematical truths /Stanilas Dehaene.
- Neurobiology of hyperthermia 2007, ScienceDirect
- Neurobiology of mental illness. 2nd ed. 2004, MyiLibrary
- Print Material
- Neurobiology of olfaction 2010, CRCnetBASEFrom odors to behaviors in Caenorhabditis elegans / Anne C. Hart and Michael Y. Chao -- Odor coding in insects / C. Giovanni Galizia and Silke Sachse -- Olfactory information processing in moths / S. Shuichi Haupt ... [et al.] -- Olfactory coding in larvae of the African clawed frog Xenopus laevis / Ivan Manzini and Detlev Schild -- Development of the olfactory system / Helen B. Treloar ... [et al.] -- Pheromones and mammalian behavior / Peter Brennan -- Odorant receptors / Bettina Malnic, Daniela C. Gonzalez-Kristeller, and Luciana M. Gutiyama -- Signal transduction in vertebrate olfactory cilia / Simone Pifferi, Anna Menini, and Takashi Kurahashi -- Multiple olfactory subsystems convey various sensory signals / Minghong Ma -- Feedback regulation of neurogenesis in the mammalian olfactory epithelium : new insights from genetics and systems biology / Kimberly K. Gokoffski ... [et al.] -- Neurogenesis in the adult olfactory bulb / Angela Pignatelli and Ottorino Belluzzi -- Active sensing in olfaction / Matt Wachowiak -- Temporal coding in olfaction / Brice Bathellier, Olivier Gschwend, and Alan Carleton -- Cortical activity evoked by odors / Donald A. Wilson and Robert L. Rennaker -- Memory and plasticity in the olfactory system : from infancy to adulthood / Anne-Marie Mouly and Regina Sullivan -- New perspectives on olfactory processing and human smell / Gordon Shepherd.
- Neurobiology of orthodontics 2009, SpringerExperience changes the brain -- Functional and dysfunctional aspects of cerebral cortex -- Sensory deprivation of the brain -- Looking Into the "Black Box" -- Language and speech -- Mastication in man -- Occlusion and mastication -- Applied neurophysiological concepts in orthodontics -- Clinical brain function -- Orthodontic avenues to neuroplasticity.
- Neurobiology of psychiatric disorders 2012, ScienceDirect"This new volume in the Handbook of Clinical Neurology presents a comprehensive review of the fundamental science and clinical treatment of psychiatric disorders. Advances in neuroscience have allowed for dramatic advances in the understanding of psychiatric disorders and treatment. Brain disorders, such as depression and schizophrenia, are the leading cause of disability worldwide. It is estimated that over 25% of the adult population in North America are diagnosed yearly with at least one mental disorder and similar results hold for Europe. Now that neurology and psychiatry agree that all mental disorders are in fact, "brain diseases," this volume provides a foundational introduction to the science defining these disorders and details best practices for psychiatric treatment."--Publisher's website.
- Neurobiology of respiration 2013, SpringerAltered histone deacetylase activity and iNOS expression in cells isolated from induced sputum of COPD patients treated with tiotropium -- Involvement of NF-[kappa]B and muscle specific E3 ubiquitin ligase MuRF1 in cigarette smoke-induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Siglec-8 in induced sputum of COPD patients -- Essential amino acid leucine and proteasome inhibitor MG132 attenuate cigarette smoke induced catabolism in C2 myotubes -- Smoking denial in cardiovascular disease studies -- Differential effects of kainic acid lesions in medullary raphe on cough and sneeze in anesthetized rabbits -- Detection of Chlamydophila pneumoniae antigens in patients with chronic cough -- Antioxidant activity of herbal polysaccharides and cough reflex -- Cytoglobin and neuroglobin in the human brainstem and carotid body -- Flow cytometry in the diagnosis of influenza -- Accuracy of rapid influenza detection test in diagnosis of influenza A and B viruses in children less than 59 months old -- Virological monitoring of influenza activity and influenza-like illness in the epidemic season 2011-2012 in Poland -- Incidence of Chlamydophila pneumoniae infection in children during 2007-2010 -- Clinical features and outcomes of influenza A and B infections in children -- Respiratory complications in children hospitalized with Varicella -- Hyponatremia in children hospitalized due to pneumonia -- In vitro sensitivity of Acinetobacter baumannii and Pseudomonas aeruginosa to carbapenems among intensive care unit patients -- Prevalence of acute respiratory tract diseases among soldiers deployed for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan --In vitro susceptibility of Staphylococci and Enterococci to vancomycin and teicoplanin -- Sinusitis in people living in the Medieval Ages -- Immunization coverage against capsular bacteria in splenectomized patients -- Umbilical cord blood gas content, postnatal state of neonates, and lactation after caesarean and natural childbirth -- Respiratory function in pregnant women -- Lung function in patients with gastro-esophageal reflux disease and respiratory symptoms -- Efficacy of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in obese patients with chronic respiratory failure -- Near-infrared hemoencephalography for monitoring blood oxygenation in prefrontal cortical areas in diagnosis and therapy of developmental dyslexia -- Occlusal stabilization splint therapy in orofacial pain and tension-type headache -- Dynamics of upper airways during the Müller maneuver in healthy subjects: a cine MRI study -- EMG analysis of human inspiratory muscle resistance to fatigue during exercise -- Assessment of temporomandibular joint disease -- Spirometry Day: a means to enhance social knowledge on respiratory diseases -- Lung function in divers -- Influence of traffic-related air pollutants on lung function -- Fractional exhaled nitric oxide in clinical trials: an overview -- Real-time breath analysis in type 2 diabetes patients during cognitive effort -- Exhaled nitric oxide in specific inhalation challenge -- Integration of simulated multipotential signals: the role of integration window width and of the number of spikes --Functional and topographic concordance of right atrial neural structures inducing sinus tachycardia -- Occurrence of disseminated intravascular coagulation in 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin-induced pneumonia in the rat -- Implementation of non-invasive methods in the diagnosis of diisocyanate-induced asthma -- Evaluation of a 4-steps-1-day whole body challenge protocol for the diagnosis of occupational asthma due to diisocyanates -- Occupational allergic respiratory diseases in garbage workers: relevance of molds and actinomycetes -- Th1, Th2, Th17, and regulatory cytokines in children with different clinical forms of allergy -- Soluble receptor for urokinase plasminogen activator in community-acquired pneumonia in children -- Hypersensitivity pneumonitis due to metalworking fluids: how to find the antigens -- Angiogenic axis angiopoietin-1 and angiopoietin-2/tie-2 in non-small cell lung cancer: a bronchoalveolar lavage and serum study -- Cancer incidence in pulmonary vasculitis -- Influence of delays in diagnosis and treatment on survival in small cell lung cancer -- Familial idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis -- High resolution computed tomography in 2-year follow-up of stage I sarcoidosis -- Altruistic aptitude: age-dependent influence of temperament and emotional intelligence -- Effect of socio-economic status on quality of life in people affected with respiratory allergy -- Exposure to paracetamol and antibiotics in early life and elevated risk of asthma in childhood -- Health behaviors and quality of life among patients with chronic respiratory disease -- Attitudes toward euthanasia among Polish physicians, nurses and people who have no professional experience with the terminally ill -- Death as a result of violent asphyxia in autopsy reports -- Respiratory and systemic infections in children with severe aplastic anemia on immunosupressive therapy.
- Neuroblastoma 2005, Springer
- Neuroblastoma 2012, Springer
- Neurochemical aspects of excitotoxicity 2008, Springer
- Neurodegeneration in Neural Trauma, Neurodegenerative Diseases, and Neuropsychiatric Disorders -- Neurochemical Aspects of Ischemic Injury -- Potential Neuroprotective Strategies for Ischemic Injury -- Neurochemical Aspects of Spinal Cord Injury -- Potential Neuroprotective Strategies for Experimental Spinal Cord Injury -- Neurochemical Aspects of Traumatic Brain Injury -- Potential Neuroprotective Strategies for Traumatic Brain Injury -- Neurochemical Aspects of Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Potential Therapeutic Strategies for Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Perspective and Direction for Future Developments on Neurotraumatic and Neurodegenerative Diseases.
- Neurochemical mechanisms in disease 2011, Springer
- Neurochemistry of abused drugs 2008, CRCnetBASEThe dopamine transporter and addiction / William M. Meil and John W. Boja -- Neurochemistry of nicotine dependence / Darlene H. Brunzell -- Neurochemical substrates of habitual tobacco smoking / Irina Esterlis, Suchitra Krishnan-Sarin, and Julie K. Staley -- Neurochemical and neurobehavioral consequences of methamphetamine abuse / Colin N. Haile -- Neurochemical adaptations and cocaine dependence / Kelly P. Cosgrove and Julie K. Staley -- Neuropsychiatric consequences of chronic cocaine abuse / Deborah C. Mash -- Neurobiology of 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA or "ecstasy") / Michael H. Baumann and Richard B. Rothman.
- Definition and measurement of neurocognition and social cognition / Kern, R.S., Horan, W.P. -- The relevance of neurocognition and social cognition for outcome and recovery in schizophrenia / Brekke, J.S., Nakagami, E. -- Treatment approaches with a special focus on neurocognition : overview and empirical results / Kurtz, M.M., Sartory, G. -- Compensatory cognitive training / Twamley, E.W., Zurhellen, C.H., Vella, L. -- Treatment approaches with a special focus on social cognition : overview and empirical results -- Wölwer, W. ... [et al.] -- Training of emotional intelligence in schizophrenia / Vauth, R. -- Combined treatment approaches : overview and empirical results / Roder, V., Hulka, L., Medalia, A. -- An overview of the neuropsychological and educational approach to remediation / Medalia, A., Mambrino, E. -- Integrated psychological therapy and integrated neurocognitive therapy / Müller, D.R., Roder, V. -- Pharmacological interventions / Hofer, A., Fleischhacker, W.W. -- Motivational enhancements in schizophrenia / Medalia, A., Choi, J.
- Neurocritical care 2010, SpringerBrain Injury and Dysfunction: The Critical Role of Primary Management / M. D. Dominic Bell -- Monitoring the Injured Brain / Simon Davies and Andrew Lindley -- The Secondary Management of Traumatic Brain Injury / Dominic Bell and John P. Adams -- Critical Care Management of Subarachnoid Hemorrhage / Audrey C. Quinn and Simon P. Holbrook -- Central Nervous System Infections / Abigail Walker and Miles Denton -- Cervical Spine Injuries / John P. Adams, Jake Timothy and Justin McKinlay -- Recent Advances in the Management of Acute Ischemic Stroke / Ahamad Hassan -- Seizures on the Adult Intensive Care Unit / Morgan Feely and Nicola Cooper -- Non-Neurological Complications of Brain Injury / John P. Adams -- Acute Weakness in Intensive Care / Louise Barnes and Michael Vucevic -- Coma, Confusion, and Agitation in Intensive Care / Matthew Clark and Justin McKinlay -- Death and Donation in Critical Care: The Diagnosis of Brainstem Death / Paul G. Murphy -- Death and Donation in Critical Care: Management of Deceased Organ Donation / Paul G. Murphy -- Imaging the Brain-Injured Patient / Tony Goddard and Kshitij Mankad -- Ethical Dilemmas Within Intensive Care / M. D. Dominic Bell.
- Neurodegeneration and prion disease 2005, Springer
- Neurodegeneration in multiple sclerosis 2007, Springer
- Neurodegenerative diseases 2013, SpringerThe economic burden of dementia was estimated as being US$ 604 billion in 2010. Now it is time for new guidelines in handling of neurodegenerative disorders. Optimistic versus Pessimistic Prognosis depends much on diagnostic and treatment approaches which healthcare will preferably adopt in the near future. Current dramatic situation can be significantly improved by the implementation of appropriate early diagnostic, targeted preventive measures and therapies tailored to the person advancing healthcare and enhancing the patient life quality. Neurodegenerative Diseases are pathologies of multi-factorial nature involving interplay of epi/genetic and environmental risk factors. Insights into molecular pathomechanisms will enable to create the most effective neuro-protective strategies and individualised treatment before manifest pathology. Utilization of the advanced integrative medical approach could enable a significant portion of population to reach the 100-year age limit remaining vibrant in excellent physical and mental health as actively contributing members of the society. The crucial role of the integrative approach by PPPM has been acknowledged as priorities by World Health Organization, United Nations and the European Union among others. Extensive efforts of international consortia are essential in the field to consolidate the accumulated expertise and to create population screening, robust diagnostic approaches, effective prevention in groups at high risk and targeted treatments. This book volume "Neurodegenerative Diseases: Integrative PPPM Approach as the Medicine of the Future" is intended to serve as a reference source for basic researchers and healthcare industry involved in the field of neurosciences with a special emphasis on mental health promotion and innovations intended to delay or even prevent neurodegenerative diseases.
- Print Material
- Neurodegenerative diseases 2012, SpringerAcute disseminated encephalomyelitis / Joy B. Parrish and E. Ann Yeh -- Age related macular degeneration / Sam Khandhadia, Jocelyn Cherry, and Andrew John Lotery -- Arachnoid cysts / Thomas Westermaier, Tilmann Schweitzer, and Ralf Ingo Ernestus -- Autism spectrum disorders : information for pediatricians supporting families of young children on the spectrum / Stephanie Patterson, Veronica Smith, and Michaela Jelen -- Autosomal recessive charcot marie tooth neuropathy / Carmen Espinós ... [et al.] -- Creutzfeldt Jakob disease / Beata Sikorska ... [et al.] -- Epigenetics in autism and other neurodevelopmental diseases / Kunio Miyake ... [et al.] -- Epilepsy and epileptic syndrome / Tomonori Ono and Aristea S. Galanopoulou -- Frontotemporal lobar degeneration / Enrico Premi, Alessandro Padovani, and Barbara Borroni -- Gerstmann Straussler Scheinker disease / Pawe P. Liberski -- Juvenile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses / Shiyao Wang -- Kuru : the first prion disease / Pawe P. Liberski, Beata Sikorska, and Paul Brown -- Leukodystrophies / Seth J. Perlman and Soe Mar -- Machado Joseph disease and other rare autosomal dominant spinocerebellar ataxias / Antoni Matilla Dueñas --Neurodegenerations induced by organophosphorous compounds / Alan J. Hargreaves -- Mitochondrial importance in Alzheimer's, Huntington's, and Parkinson's diseases / Sonia C. Correia ... [et al.] -- Multiple Sclerosis / Elbieta Miller -- Myotonic dystrophy type 1 or Steinert's disease / Vincenzo Romeo -- Neurodegeneration in diabetes mellitus / Hiroyuki Umegaki -- Neurofibromatoses / Erik J. Uhlmann and Scott R. Plotkin -- Oxidative stress in developmental brain disorders / Masaharu Hayashi, Rie Miyata, and Naoyuki Tanuma -- Oxidative stress and mitochondrial dysfunction in Down syndrome / Giovanni Pagano and Giuseppe Castello -- Pick's disease / Naoya Takeda, Yuki Kishimoto, and Osamu Yokota -- Premature aging syndrome / Fabio Coppedè -- The Savant syndrome and its possible relationship to epilepsy / John R. Hughes -- Sjogren Larsson syndrome / Lívia Almeida Dutra ... [et al.] -- The spinocerebellar ataxias : clinical aspects and molecular genetics / Antoni Matilla Dueñas ... [et al.] -- Tourette syndrome / Andrea E. Cavanna and Cristiano Termine.
- Neurodegenerative disorders 2011, SpringerCommon Themes in the Pathogenesis of Neurodegeneration -- Advances in Diagnostics for Neurodegenerative Disorders -- Alzheimer's Disease -- Dementia and Cerebrovascular Disease -- Parkinson's Disease -- Frontotemporal Dementia -- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis -- Huntington's Disease -- Parkinsonism Plus Syndromes -- Prion Diseases -- Medical Mimics of Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Managing Neuropsychiatric Symptoms of Neurodegenerative Diseases -- Symptomatic Management and Palliative Care in Neurodegenerative Disease.
- Neurodevelopmental disabilities 2011, Springer
- Neurodevelopmental disorders Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Neurodevelopmental disorders 2005, Springer
- Neuroeconomics. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectChapter 1. Introduction: A Brief History of Neuroeconomics / Paul W. Glimcher, Colin F. Camerer, Ernst Fehr, Russell A. Poldrack -- Part I. Neoclassical Economic Approaches to the Brain -- Part II. Behavioral Economics and the Brain -- Part III. Social Decision Making, Neuroeconomics, and Emotion -- Part IV. Understanding Valuation - Learning Valuations -- Part V. The Neural Mechanisms for Choice.
- Neuroeconomics. Second edition. 2014, ScienceDirect
- Neuroendocrine immune network in ageing 2004, ScienceDirect
- Neuroendocrine tumors 2011, SpringerGlobal epidemiology of neuroendocrine tumors -- Pathology -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia -- Other genetic syndromes -- Imaging of neuroendocrine tumors -- Surgical management of sporadic gastrointestinal neuroendocrine tumors -- Management of neuroendocrine tumor hormonal syndromes -- Management of metastatic carcinoid tumors -- Medical management of islet cell carcinoma -- Poorly differentiated neuroendocrine tumors -- Hereditary and sporadic medullary thyroid carcinoma -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Pheochromocytoma -- Merkel cell carcinoma.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part II], Pathological situations and diseases. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectGlucocorticoid-induced apoptosis of healthy and malignant lymphocytes / L.K. Smith, J.A. Cidloski.-- Impact of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal/gonadal axes on trajectory of age-related cognitive decline / C.D. Conrad, H.A. Biomonte-Nelson.-- Menopause and mitochondria: windows into estrogen effects on Alzheimer's disease risk and therapy / V.W. Henderson, R. Diaz Brinton.-- DHEA, important source of sex steroids in men and even more in women / F. Labrie.-- Neuroendocrinology of post-traumatic stress disorder / P. Pervanidou, G.P. Chrousos.-- Assisted reproduction and its neuroendocrine impact on the offspring / C. Kanaka-Gantenbein, S. Sakka, G.P. Chrousos.-- Sex hormone and neuroendocrine aspects of the metobolic syndrome / H. Nawata, T. Watanabe, T. Yanase, M. Nomura, K. Ashida, L. Min, W. Fan.-- Ghrelin's role as a major regulator of appetitie and its other functions in neuroendocrinology / C.T. Lim, B. Kola, M. Korbonits, A.B. Grossman.-- Pathogenesis of pituitary tumors / R. Yu, S. Melmed.-- Molecular genetics of the AIP gene in familial pituitary tumorigenesis / A. Tahir, H.S. Chahal, M. Korbonits.-- Somatostatin and somatostatin receptors: from basic concepts to clinical applications / M.C. De Martino. J.J. Hofland, S.W.J. Lamberts.-- Somatostatin analogues: treatment of pituitary and neuroendocrine tumors / A. Colao, A. Faggiano, R. Pivonello.-- The MENX syndrome and p27: relationships with multiple endocrine neoplasia / S. Molatore, N.S. Pellegata.-- Hormonal therapy of prostate cancer / F. Labrie.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / V. Kantorovich, K. Pacak.
- Neuroendocrinology. [Part I], The Normal neuroendocrine system. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectch. 1.Cellular signalling : peptide hormones and growth factors /Barry I. Posner and Stephane A. Laporte --ch. 2.Neuroendocrine control of energy homeostasis : update on new insights /Satya P. Kalra and Pushpa S. Kalra --ch. 3.Reproductive behaviors : new developments in concepts and in molecular mechanisms /Zachary M. Weil, Gen Murakami and Donald W. Pfaff --ch. 4.Interactions betwen the immune and neuroendocrine systems /Serge Rivest --ch. 5.Physiological roles of the kisspeptin/GPR54 system in the neuroendocrine control of reproduction /Rafael Pineda, ... [et al.] --ch. 6.Regulation of complex pulsatile and rhythmic neuroendocrine systems : the male gonadal axis as a prototype /Johannes D. Veldhuis, Daniel M. Keenan and Steven M. Pincus --ch. 7.Physiological significance of the rhythmic section of hypothalamic and pituitary hormones /Earn-Hui Gan and Richard Quinton --ch. 8.Melatonin : a multitasking molecule /Russel J. Reiter, Dun-Xian Tan and Lorena Fuentes-Broto --ch. 9.Modulation of steroid hormone receptor activity /Vladimir Stanišić, David M. Lonard and Bert W. O'Malley --ch. 10.The intracrine sex steroid biosynthesis pathways /Van Luu-The and Fernand Labrie --ch. 11.Steroidogenic enzymes in the brain : morphological aspects /Georges Pelletier --ch. 12.The multiple roles of estrogens and the enzyme aromatase /Wah Chin Boon, Jenny D. Y. Chow and Evan R. Simpson --ch. 13.ER[beta] in CNS : new roles in development and function /Xiaotang Fan, ... [et al.] --ch. 14.Interactions of estradiol and insulin-like growth factor-I signalling in the nervous system : new advances /Luis M. Garcia-Segura, María-Angeles Arévalo and Iñigo Azcoitia --ch. 15.A hormonal contraceptive for men : how close are we? /Ilpo Huhtaniemi.
- Neuroendovascular surgery 2005, KargerCurrent and future management strategies for intracranial aneurysms and carotid artery stenosis / E.M. Deshaies, A.S. Boulos -- The use of stents in the management of neurovascular disease: a historical and present status review / M.B. Horowitz, P.D. Purdy -- Carotid angioplasty with stenting and carotid endarterectomy: both are here to stay / R.A. Hanel ... [et al.] -- Endovascular treatment of acute ischemic embolic stroke / C.C. Ionita ... [et al.] -- Intracranial stenting / M.R. Harrigan ... [et al.] -- Angioplasty for repair of intracranial arterial stenosis / A.J. Ringer -- Endovascular therapy for intracranial aneurysms: a historical and present perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] --Endovascular management of wide-necked aneurysms / M. Horowitz, E.I. Levy -- Liquid embolic agents in the treatment of intracranial arteriovenous malformations / J.U. Howington ... [et al.] -- Management of arteriovenous malformations using liquid agents / B.M. Ozgur, D.I. Levy -- Treatment of dural arteriovenous fistulas / L. Feng, P.M. Meyers, R.T. Higashida -- Tumor embolization / E.I. Levy ... [et al.] -- Acute and chronic venous sinus thrombosis / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Vein of galen aneurysms: a review and current perspective / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.] -- Petrosal sinus sampling for Cushing's disease / M.B. Horowitz ... [et al.].
- Neuroengineering 2008, CRCnetBASEComparing electrodes for use as cortical control signals : tiny tines, tiny wires, or tiny cones on wires : which is best? / Philip R. Kennedy -- Neuromotor prosthetics : design and future directions / Mijail D. Serruya, Sung-Phil Kim, and John P. Donoghue -- Transcutaneous FES for ambulation : the parastep system / Daniel Graupe -- Development of a multifunctional 22-channel functional electrical stimulator for paraplegia / Ross Davis ... [et al.] -- An implantable bionic network of injectable neural prosthetic devices : the future platform for functional electrical stimulation and sensing to restore movement and sensation / Joseph Schulman ... [et al.] --History and overview of neural engineering / Daniel DiLorenzo and Robert E. Gross -- Cellular mechanisms of action of therapeutic brain stimulation / Zelma Kiss and Trent Anderson -- Neuromodulation : current trends in interfering with epileptic seizures / Ana Luisa Velasco ... [et al.] -- Responsive neurostimulation for epilepsy--neurosurgical experience : patient selection and implantation technique / Kostas N. Fountas and Joseph R. Smith -- Responsive neurostimulation for epilepsy : RNS technology and clinical studies / Thomas K. Tcheng and Martha Morrell -- Deep brain stimulation for pain management / Donald E. Richardson --Spinal cord stimulation for pain management / Allen W. Burton and Phillip C. Phan -- Motor cortex stimulation for pain management / Shivanand P. Lad, Kevin Chao, and Jaimie M. Henderson -- Deep brain stimulation for obsessive compulsive disorder / Wael F. Asaad and Emad N. Eskandar -- Cochlear prostheses : an introduction / Donald K. Eddington -- Visual prostheses / Robert J. Greenberg -- General clinical issues relevant to brain-computer interfaces / Eric C. Leuthardt ... [et al.] -- Implantable brain-computer interfaces : neurosurgical experience and perspective / Roy A.E. Bakay --Tapping into the spinal cord for restoring function after spinal cord injury / Lisa Guevremont and Vivian K. Mushahwar -- Theory and physiology of electrical stimulation of the central nervous system / Warren M. Grill -- Transient optical nerve stimulation : concepts and methodology of pulsed infrared laser stimulation of the peripheral nerve in vivo / Jonathan D. Wells ... [et al.] -- Transcranial magnetic stimulation of deep brain regions / Yiftach Roth and Abraham Zangen -- Application of neural plasticity for vision restoration after brain damage / Imelda Pasley ... [et al.].
- Neuroepidemiology 2004Print MaterialCh. 1. Neuroepidemiology: fundamental considerations -- Ch. 2. Study design, measures of effect, and sources of bias -- Ch. 3. Measurement and analysis -- Ch. 4. Genetic epidemiology of neurologic disease -- Ch. 5. Alzheimer's Disease and vascular dementia -- Ch. 6. Movement disorders -- Ch. 7. Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis -- Ch. 8. Multiple sclerosis -- Ch. 9. Stroke -- Ch. 10. Brain and spinal cord injury -- Ch. 11. Peripheral neuropathy -- Ch. 12. Epilepsy -- Ch. 13. Migraine and tension-type headache -- Ch. 14. Intracranial neoplasms -- Ch. 15. Neurodevelopmental disabilities -- Ch. 16. Prognosis of neurologic diseases -- Ch. 17. Clinical trials in neurology -- Ch. 18. Health services research in neurology -- Ch. 19. Evidence-based medicine in neurology.
- Neuroethics 2006Print Material
- Neuroexam.com WebsiteDemonstrates how to perform a complete neurologic examination. It is intended for medical students, residents, and other students in the health care professions.
- Neurofibromatoses 2008, KargerThe neurofibromatoses: classification, clinical features, and genetic counselling / S.M. Huson -- Treatment and management of neurofibromatosis 1 / V.F. Mautner, E. Boltshauser -- Neurofibromatosis type 1 and other syndromes of the Ras pathway / D.A. Stevenson, J.J. Swensen, D.H. Viskochil -- NF1 gene structure and NF1 genotype/phenotype correlations / M. Upadhyaya -- NF1 mutational spectrum / L.M. Messiaen, K. Wimmer -- Clinical phenotypes in patients with NF1 microdeletions / S. Tinschert --Structure of the NF1 gene region and mechanisms underlying gross NF1 deletions / H. Kehrer-Sawatzki -- NF1 gene evolution in mammals / G. Assum, C. Schmegner -- Structure and function of neurofibromin / S. Welti, I. D'Angelo, K. Scheffzek -- Composition of neurofibromas, NF1 expression, and comparison of normal and NF1 haploinsufficient cells / J. Peltonen, S. Peltonen -- Somatic NF1 mutations in tumors and other tissues / T. De Raedt ... [et al.] -- NF2: mutations and management of disease / D.G.R. Evans, A. Wallace -- Function of merlin in genesis of tumours and other symptoms of NF2 / C.O. Hanemann -- Molecular studies on schwannomatosis / L. Kluwe.
- Neurofibromatoses in clinical practice 2011, SpringerNeurofibromatosis 1 -- Neurofibromatosis Type 2 (NF2) -- The Neurofibromatoses: Differential Diagnosis and Rare Subtypes -- Psychological Impact of the Neurofibromatoses -- Clinical Quiz: Diagnostic and Management Pitfalls of Neurocutaneous Disease.
- Print Material
- Neurogastronomy 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialChallenging the belief that the sense of smell diminished during human evolution, Shepherd argues that this sense, which constitutes the main component of flavor, is far more powerful and essential than previously believed. --from publisher description
- Neurogenesis and neural plasticity 2013, SpringerNeurogenesis in the Adult Mammalian Brain: How Much Do We Need, How Much Do We Have? /Ilias Kazanis --Neurogenesis and Hippocampal Plasticity in Adult Brain /Yan Gu, Stephen Janoschka, Shaoyu Ge --Adult-Born Neurons in the Olfactory Bulb: Integration and Functional Consequences /Gilles Gheusi, Gabriel Lepousez, Pierre-Marie Lledo --Network, Cellular, and Molecular Mechanisms Underlying Long-Term Memory Formation /Mariana Carasatorre, Víctor Ramírez-Amaya --Neurotrophins and Synaptic Plasticity /Andrea Gómez-Palacio-Schjetnan, Martha L. Escobar --Differential Effects of Stress and Glucocorticoids on Adult Neurogenesis /Timothy J. Schoenfeld, Elizabeth Gould --Effects of Environmental Enrichment Exposure on Synaptic Transmission and Plasticity in the Hippocampus /Michael J. Eckert, Wickliffe C. Abraham --All About Running: Synaptic Plasticity, Growth Factors and Adult Hippocampal Neurogenesis /Carmen Vivar, Michelle C. Potter, Henriette van Praag --The Effect of Systemic Chemotherapy on Neurogenesis, Plasticity and Memory /Peter Wigmore --Novel Insights into Depression and Antidepressants: A Synergy Between Synaptogenesis and Neurogenesis? /Francis Rodriguez Bambico, Catherine Belzung --Deficient Plasticity in the Hippocampus and the Spiral of Addiction: Focus on Adult Neurogenesis /Juan J. Canales --Prolonged Running, not Fluoxetine Treatment, Increases Neurogenesis, but does not Alter Neuropathology, in the 3xTg Mouse Model of Alzheimer's Disease /Michael W. Marlatt, Michelle C. Potter --Hippocampal Neurogenesis and Ageing /Sébastien Couillard-Després --Repair of the CNS Using Endogenous and Transplanted Neural Stem Cells /R. C. Trueman, A. Klein, H. S. Lindgren, M. J. Lelos.
- Neurogenesis in the adult brain. I, Neurobiology 2011, Springer
- Neurogenesis in the adult brain. II, Clinical implications 2011, Springer
- Print Material
- Neurogenetics 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Neurogenetics 2002, Springer Protocols
- Neurogenic inflammation in health and disease 2009, ScienceDirect
- Neuroimaging in dementia 2011, Springer
- Neuroimaging of consciousness 2013, SpringerPart 1. Brain imaging and pathologies of consciousness -- Consciousness and neuroscience -- Consciousness: theoretical approaches -- Functional brain imaging and consciousness -- Part II. Brain imaging and alterations of consciousness in epilepsy -- Temporal lobe seizures -- Absence seizures -- Generalized tonic-clonic seizures -- Consciousness, epilepsy and intracranial EEG -- Part III. Brain imaging and alterations of consciousness in coma, sleep and anesthesia -- Neuroimaging of consciousness in the vegetative and minimally conscious states -- Sleep and consciousness -- Anesthesia -- Part IV. Brain imaging and alterations of consciousness in neuropsychiatric disorders -- Neuroimaging studies of interoception and self-awareness -- Neuroimaging of functional neurological symptoms -- Neuroimaging studies of the dwindling self: neurodegenerative dementias.
- Neuroimaging of movement disorders 2013, Springer
- Neuroimmune pharmacology 2007, Springer
- Neuroimmunological basis of behavior and mental disorders 2009, Springer
- Neuroimmunology of sleep 2007, Springer
- Neuroimmunology of the skin 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Neuroinflammation. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirect1. Multiple Sclerosis: Pathophysiology, Clinical Features, Diagnosis, and Management / Amir-Hadi Maghzi, Aimee Borazanci, Jeanie McGee, J. Steven Alexander, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Alireza Minagar -- 2. Epstein-Barr Virus and Multiple Sclerosis: Wrong Place, Wrong Time? / Amir-Hadi Maghzi, Monica Marta, Isabel Bosca, Mohammad-Reza Savoj, Masoud Etemadifar, Gavin Giovannoni, Ute-Christiane Meier -- 3. Neutralizing Antibodies and Multiple Sclerosis / Amy C. Rauchway -- 4. Animal Models of Multiple Sclerosis / Fumitaka Sato, Seiichi Omura, Nicholas E. Martinez, Ikuo Tsunoda -- 5. Neuroimaging of Multiple Sclerosis: An Update / Alexandra Lopez-Soriano, Robert Zivadinov -- 6. Role of IL-12/IL-23 in the Pathogenesis of Multiple Sclerosis / Yuhong Yang, Amy E. Lovett-Racke, Michael K. Racke -- 7. Spinal Cord Injury and its Relationship to the Development or Worsening of Clinical Multiple Sclerosis / Peter O. Behan, Abhijit Chaudhuri -- 8. Clinical Development and Benefit-Risk Profile of Natalizumab / Eileen M. O'Connor, Rae Ann Maxwell -- 9. Remyelination in Multiple Sclerosis / Martin Stangel, Refik Pul, Thomas Skripuletz, Corinna Trebst, Elke Voss, Viktoria Gudi -- 10. Transverse Myelitis / Amir-Hadi Maghzi, Masoud Etemadifar, Mohammad-Reza Savoj, J. Steven Alexander, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Alireza Minagar -- 11. Neuromyelitis Optica / Natalie Cornay, Robin Davis, Meghan Harris, Brian Rabin, Karen Small, Edward Johnson, Eduardo Gonzalez-Toledo, Stephen Jaffe, Alireza Minagar -- 12. Optic Neuritis: Pathophysiology, Clinical Features, and Management / Clare Fraser, Gordon T. Plant -- 13. Ischemic Demyelination / Tiffany Chang, Roger E. Kelley -- 14. Inflammatory Mechanisms in Ischemic Cerebrovascular Disease / Mutsumi Nagai, D. Neil Granger -- 15. Protection Against Neuroinflammation by Promoting Co-activation of G Protein-Growth Factor Signaling and Metabolic Flexibility in the Brain / Donard S. Dwyer, Parrin Patterson -- 16. Mesenchymal Stem Cells, Inflammation, and Neurodegenerative Diseases / Behrouz Nikbin, Yadollah Shakiba, Mandana Mohyeddin Bonab, Alireza Minagar, Stephen Jaffe -- 17. Inflammatory Mediators in Obstructive Sleep Apnea / David E. McCarty, Andrew L. Chesson Jr. -- 18. The Role of Neuroinflammation in Parkinson's Disease / Xi Chen, Malú G. Tansey -- 19. Neuroinflammation and Pediatric Lupus / Marisa Klein-Gitelman, Hermine Brunner -- 20. Central Nervous System Vasculitis / Ludovico D'Incerti, Francesco Deleo, Gabriele Di Comite -- 21. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus-Vasculopathy/Vasculitis, Susac Syndrome, and Myasthenia Gravis / Magdalena Olszanecka-Glinianowicz, Antoni Hrycek, Pawel Cieélik -- 22. Inflammatory Mechanisms in Guillain-Barré Syndrome / Robert N. Schwendimann -- 23. Neurologic Manifestations of Herpes Zoster / Maria A. Nagel, Don Gilden, Ravi Mahalingam, Randall J. Cohrs.
- Neuroinformatics 2007, Springer ProtocolsManaging knowledge in neuroscience / Chiquito J. Crasto and Gordon M. Shepherd -- Interoperability across neuroscience databases / Luis Marenco ... [et al.] -- Database architectures for neuroscience applications / Prakash Nadkarni and Luis Marenco -- XML for data representation and model specification in neuroscience / Sharon M. Crook and Fred W. Howell -- Creating neuroscience ontologies / Douglas M. Bowden, Mark Dubach, and Jack Park -- Model structure analysis in NEURON / Michael L. Hines, Tom M. Morse, and N.T. Carnevale -- Constructing realistic neural simulations with GENESIS / James M. Bower and David Beeman -- Simulator for neural networks and action potentials / Douglas A. Baxter and John H. Byrne -- Data mining through simulation / William W. Lytton and Mark Stewart -- Computational exploration of neuron and neural network models in neurobiology / Astrid A. Prinz -- Brain atlases and neuroanatomic imaging / Allan MacKenzie-Graham, Jyl Boline, and Arthur W. Toga -- Brain mapping with high-resolution fMRI technology / Nian Liu -- Brain spatial normalization / William Bug ... [et al.] -- Workflow-based approaches to neuroimaging analysis / Kate Fissell -- Databasing receptor distributions in the brain / Rolf Kötter ... [et al.] -- An informatics approach to systems neurogenetics / Glenn D. Rosen -- Computational models of dementia and neurological problems / Włodzisław Duch -- Integrating genetic, functional genomic, and bioinformatics data in a systems biology approach to complex diseases : application to Schizophrenia / F.A. Middleton ... [et al.] -- Alzforum / June Kinoshita and Timothy Clark.
- Neuroinformatics for neuropsychology 2009, SpringerCurrent neuroinformatics applications and infrastructure -- Neuroinformatics for neuropsychology -- Obstacles and aids to neuroinformatics in neuropsychology -- International Society for Neuroinformatics in Neuropsychology.
- Neurokinetics 2011, Springer
- Neurologic aspects of systemic disease. Part I-III pt. 1-3, 2014, ScienceDirect
- Print MaterialOverview -- Pathophysiology of nervous system metastases -- Blood-nervous system barrier dysfunction : pathophysiology and treatment -- Supportive care and its complications -- Intracranial metastases -- Spinal metastases -- Leptomeningeal metastases -- Cancer involving cranial and peripheral nerves and muscles --Vascular disorders -- Central nervous system infections -- Delirium and metabolic and nutritional complications of cancer -- Side effects of chemotherapy -- Side effects of radiation therapy -- Neurotoxicity of surgical and diagnostic procedures -- Paraneoplastic syndromes.
- Print Material
- Neurologic diagnosis 2012, Springer
- Print Material
- Print MaterialAnatomy of the larynx / Margaret H. Cooper -- Laryngeal sensory receptors / Magalie Nelson, David M. Cooper, and William Lawson -- Central laryngeal motor innervation / Leslie T. Malmgren Jr. and Richard R. Gacek -- Peripheral laryngeal motor innervation / Phillip Song ... [et al.] -- Electromyography of laryngeal and pharyngeal muscles / Tanya K. Meyer, Allen D. Hillel, and Andrew Blitzer -- Physical examination of the larynx and videolaryngoscopy / Marshall E. Smith and Eiji Yanagisawa -- Pulmonary function evaluation / Christine M. Sapienza, Karen M. Wheeler-Hegland, and Anuja Chhabra -- Laryngeal dysfunction in sleep / Joan Santamaria and Alex Iranzo -- Acoustic assessment of vocal function / Eugene H. Buder and Michael P. Cannito -- Stroboscopic examination of the normal larynx / Minoru Hirano -- Flexible endoscopic evaluation of swallowing with sensory testing (FEESST) / Jonathan E. Aviv and Thomas Murry -- Speech treatment for neurologic disorders / Shimon Sapir, Lorraine O. Ramig, and Cynthia M. Fox -- Diagnosis and evaluation of laryngeal paralysis and paresis / Alexander T. Hillel, Robin A. Samlan, and Paul W. Flint -- Management of vocal fold incompetence with vocal fold injectable fillers / Charles N. Ford and Karen A. Cooper -- Vocal fold medialization, arytenoid adduction, and reinnervation / Andrew Blitzer ... [at al.] -- Diagnostic-based treatment approaches / JoAnne Robbins, Stephanie K. Daniels, and Soly Baredes -- Movement disorders of the larynx / Mitchell F. Brin, Andrew Blitzer, and Miodrag Velickovic -- Botulinum toxin treatment of spasmodic dysphonia and other laryngeal disorders / Lucian Sulica and Andrew Blitzer -- Pyramidal disease / Satish Mistry, Maxine Power, and Shaheen Hamdy -- Neuromuscular disorders of the larynx / David S. Younger.
- Neurologic involvement in systemic autoimmune diseases 2004, ScienceDirectSystemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Rheumatoid arthritis -- Inflammatory muscle diseases -- Vasculitides -- Other conditions with neurologic involvement.
- Print Material
- Neurological and psychiatric disorders 2005, SpringerNeural principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / Frank I. Tarazi and Marc J. Kaufman -- Pharmacotherapeutic principles of neurological and psychiatric disorders / John A. Schetz -- Alzheimer's disease / Mark P. Mattson -- Huntington's disease / Susan E. Browne -- Parkinson's disease / Thomas Wichmann -- Schizophrenia / Stephan Heckers and Sabina Berretta -- Autism spectrum disorders / Evdokia Anagnostou and Eric Hollander -- Tourette's syndrome / James E. Swain, Robert A. King, and James F. Leckman -- Obsessive/compulsive disorder / David S. Husted, Nathan A. Shapira, and Wayne K. Goodman -- Unipolar depression / Julie A. Blendy and Irwin Lucki -- Bipolar disorder / Leonardo Tondo ... [et al.] -- Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder / Kehong Zhang, Eugen Davids, and Ross J. Baldessarini.
- Print Material
- Neurological disorders and pregnancy. 1st ed. 2011, ScienceDirectTimely diagnosis and management of neurological diseases during pregnancy poses major therapeutic challenges to neurologists and other non-neurologist health care providers. Pregnancy is a unique period in life associated with significant hormonal and other physiologic changes in female patients, which may trigger or alter the course of neurological and psychiatric disorders. In addition, many diagnostic procedures that can be performed in non-pregnant women are prohibited during pregnancy for safety reasons. Therapeutic decisions and management of a pregnant patient with neurological disorders heavily depends on the issue of the reasonable balance between the risks of no treatment versus active treatment for the mother and her fetus. This book provides a review of the latest findings in this field, giving the neurologist and non-neurologist the information they need to determine the best treatment. Neurological disorders covered include multiple sclerosis, stroke and epilepsy. Discusses how neurological disorders should be managed in a pregnant patient Includes contributions from leading authorities.
- Neurological disorders in famous artists. Part 2 2007, KargerPainting after right-hemisphere stroke : case studies of professional artists / Bazner, H. Hennerici, M.G. -- I and me : self-portraiture in brain damage / Blanke, O. -- Lovis Corinth : integrating hemineglect and spatial distortions / Bazner, H., Hennerici, M.G. -- Visconti and Fellini : from left social neorealism to right-hemisphere stroke / Dieguez, S., Assal, G., Bogousslavsky, J.-- De novo artistic behaviour following brain injury / Pollak, T.A., Mulvenna, C. M., Lythgoe, M.F. -- Marcel Proust's diseases and doctors : the neurological story of a life / Bogousslavsky, J. -- Heinrich Heine and syphilis / auf der Horst, C. -- Baudelaire's aphasia : from poetry to cursing / Dieguez, S., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Memory and the creation of art : the syndrome, as in de Kooning, of 'Creating in the Midst of Dementia' / Espinel, C. H. -- Persisting aphasia, cerebral dominance, and painting in the famous artist Carl Fredrik Reuterswärd / Colombo-Thuillard, F., Assal, G. -- Mozart in the neurological department : who has the tic? / Kammer, T. -- Hans von Bulow : creativity and neurological disease in a famous pianist and conductor / Wöhrle, J. C., Haas, F. -- Synaesthesia, the arts and creativity : a neurological connection / Mulvenna, C. M. -- The hallucinating art of Heinrich Füssli / Baumann, C., Lentzsch, F., Regard, M., Bassetti, C.
- Neurological disorders in famous artists. Part 3 2010, Karger
- Neurological disorders in famous artists. [Part 1] 2005, KargerGuillaume Apollinaire, the lover assassinated / Bogousslavsky, J. -- Guy de Maupassant and Friedrich Nietzsche / Hayden, D. -- The one-man band of pain / Dieguez, S., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Gustave Flaubert's hidden sickness / Jallon, P., Jallon, H. -- Edgar Allan Poe: substance abuse versus epilepsy / Bazil, C.W. -- Dostoevsky and epilepsy: an attempt to look through the frame / Rossetti, A.O., Bogousslavsky, J. -- Immanuel Kant: evolution from a personality 'disorder' to a dementia / Guard, O., Boller, F. -- Valery Larbaud / Boller, F. -- Alajouanine's painter: Paul-Elie Gernez / Boller, F. -- Carolus Horn: when the images in the brain decay: evidence of backward-development of visual and cognitive functions in Alzheimer's disease / Maurer, K., Prvulovic, D. -- Major depression and stroke in Caspar David Friedrich / Dahlenburg, B., Spitzer, C. -- Understanding Van Gogh's night: bipolar disorder / Carota, A. ... [et al.] -- The terminal illness and last compositions of Maurice Ravel / Baeck, E. -- The decay and death of Modest Musorgsky / Baeck, E. -- Georg Friedrich Händel's strokes / Bäzner, H., Hennerici, M -- The subcortical vascular encephalopathy of Joseph Haydn: pathographic illustration of the syndrome / Bäzner, H.; Hennerici, M. -- Music and the brain: Gershwin and Shebalin / Ruiz, E.; Montás, P. -- Robert Schumann's focal dystonia / Altenmüller, E.
- Neurological emergencies in clinical practice 2013, SpringerComa -- Delirium -- Dizziness and vertigo -- Facial weakness (Bell's Palsy) -- Giant cell arteritis/temproal arteritis -- Guillain-Barrè Syndrome -- Headache -- Head injury -- Meningitis and encephalitis -- Multiple sclerosis (exacerbation) -- Myasthenia gravis -- Neck and back pain -- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS) -- Postherpetic neuralgia -- Pseudotumor cerebri -- Seizures and status epilepticus -- Spinal cord compression -- Stroke and TIA -- Syncope -- Transient global amnesia (TGA) -- Visual impairments -- Appendices.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Neurological manifestations of pediatric infectious diseases and immunodeficiency syndromes 2008, SpringerHerpes viruses -- Myxoviruses -- Picornaviruses -- Arboviruses -- Togaviruses -- Rhabdoviruses -- Adenoviruses -- Arenaviruses -- Orthopoxviruses -- Retroviruses -- Neurological consequences of antiretroviral treatment -- Papovaviruses -- Bacterial meningitis -- Focal bacterial infections and parameningeal infections -- Streptococcus pyogenes -- Bordetella petussis -- Shigella species -- Campylobacter species -- Brucella species -- Clostridium tetani -- Clostridium botulinum -- Corynebacterium diphtheriae -- Bartonella species -- Mycobacterium tuberculosis -- Mycobacterium leprae -- Rickettsia rickettsii -- Ehrlichia and Anaplasma species -- Borrelia burgdorferi -- Treponema pallidum -- Candida species -- Cryptococcus neoformans -- Histoplasma capsulatum -- Coccidiodes species -- Phaeohyphomycoses -- Protozoal infections -- Babesia species -- Helminth infections -- Neurological disease and primary immunodeficiency -- Basic principles of selective neurological treatments.
- Neurological patient in history SU Catalog, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialThe patient's pitch : the neurologist, the tuning fork, and textbook knowledge / Stephen T. Casper -- Neurological patients as experimental subjects : epilepsy studies in the United States / Ellen Dwyer -- Speaking for yourself : the medico-legal aspects of aphasia in nineteenth-century Britain / Marjorie Perlman Lorch -- The spouse, the neurological patient, and doctors / Katrina Gatley -- Disappearing in plain sight : public roles of people with dementia in the meaning and politics of Alzheimer's disease / Jesse F. Ballenger -- The cursing patient : neuropsychiatry confronts Tourette's syndrome, 1825-2008 / Howard I. Kushner -- The psychasthenic poet : Robert Nichols and his neurologists / L. Stephen Jacyna -- The encephalitis lethargica patient as a window on the soul / Paul Foley -- Neuropatients in historyland / Roger Cooter -- The neurological patient in history : a commentary / Max Stadler.
- Neurological rehabilitation 2013, ScienceDirectSection 1: Translational Neuroscience -- -- Neural plasticity and its contribution to functional recovery / N. Sharma, J. Classen, and L.G. Cohen -- Plasticity of cerebral functions / R.J. Nudo and D. McNeal -- Neuroplasticity in the spinal cord / A.N. Kusiak and M.E. Selzer -- Neural tissue transplantation, repair, and rehabilitaion / S.B. Dunnett -- Clinical trials in neurorehabilitation / A.L. Behrman, M.G. Bowden, and D.K. Rose -- Brain-computer interfaces / J.R. Wolpaw -- -- Section 2: Basic Principles -- -- Epidemiology of neurologically disabling disorders / A. Tennant -- Motor learning principles for neurorehabilitation / T. Kitago and J.W. Krakauer -- Outcome measures in stroke rehabilitation / P. Woods Duncan -- Organization of rehabilitation services / L.A. Graham -- Functional neuroimaging / N.S. Ward -- -- Section 3: Management of Functional Problems -- -- Gait disorder / V. Dietz -- The diagnosis and management of adults with spasticity / S. Balakrishnan and A.B. Ward -- Neurorehabilitation approaches to facilitate motor recovery / V. Hömberg -- Neuropathic pain / E. Kerstman ... [et al.] -- Balance / A.M. Bronstein and M. Pavlou -- Neurogenic lower urinary tract dysfunction / J.N. Panicker, M. de Sèze, and C.J. Fowler -- Neurogenic bowel / M. Coggrave and C. Norton -- Neurological rehabilitation : Sexuality and reproductive health / M.L. Aisen -- Autonomic dysfunction : Recognition, diagnosis, investigation, management, and autonomic neurorehabilitation / C.J. Mathias, V. Iodice, and D. Low -- Dysphagia / G. Malandraki and J. Robbins -- Disorders of communication : Dysarthria / P. Enderby -- Rehabilitation robotics / H.I. Krebs and B.T. Volpe -- Neurogenic respiratory failure / C.R.K. Hind -- Chronic fatigue syndrome / R. Moss-Morris, V. Deary, and B. Castell -- Other physical consequences of disability / J. Macfarlane -- -- Section 4: Rehabilitation of Cognitive, Behavioral, and Emotional Problems -- -- Rehabilitation of aphasia / A. Basso, M. Forbes, and F. Boller -- Apraxia : Neural mechanisms and functional recovery / A.L. Foundas -- Rehabilitation of spatial neglect / A.R. Riestra and A.M. Barrett -- Memory deficits / B.A. Wilson -- Rehabilitation and management of executive function disorders / P.J. Eslinger, C.V. Flaherty-Craig, and F. M. Chakara -- Neurobehavioral disorders / N.D. Zasler, M.F. Martelli, and H.E. Jacobs -- Emotional disorders in neurological rehabilitation / A. House and C. Hosker -- -- Section 5: Specific Disorders -- -- Traumatic and non-traumatic brain injury / A. Giustini, C. Pistarini, and C. Pisoni -- Traumatic spinal cord injury / H. Binder -- Stroke / H. Rodgers -- Neurorehabilitation in Parkinson disease / N. Archibald, N. Miller, and L. Rochester -- Cerebral palsy / R.M. Kent -- Multiple sclerosis / J. Zajicek -- Rehabilitation of the muscular dystrophies / P.H. Pangilinan and J.E. Hornyak -- Rehabilitation of motor neuron disease / Z. Simmons -- Rehabilitation of brachial plexus and peripheral nerve disorders / K.R. Scott ... [et al.].
- Print Material
- Neurological syndromes 2013, SpringerNeurological Syndromes: A Clinical Guide to Symptoms and Diagnosis offers a concise, invaluable resource for understanding how a group of neurologic symptoms or signs collectively characterize a disease or disorder. Intended as a quick reference guide to the better known and some less familiar syndromes of neurological interest and developed by a renowned pediatric neurologist with more than 40 years experience in treating children, adolescents, and young adults, this handy title provides a definition of each syndrome that includes diagnostic characteristics and abnormalities, a differential diagnosis, genetic considerations, and a short list of references. To those readers who can recall the name of a syndrome, the alphabetical presentation should facilitate a review of the major diagnostic characteristics. The original reference is provided for historical interest, and review articles are included to show recent advances in etiology and treatment. The index is arranged in alphabetical order of the named syndromes and also according to the involvement of various organs in addition to the nervous system. A unique contribution to the literature, Neurological Syndromes: A Clinical Guide to Symptoms and Diagnosis will be of great interest to the wide variety of clinicians treating patients with neurologic disease.
- Neurology 2012, Springer
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialEpidemiology of brain injury / Jess F. Kraus and David L. McArthur -- The history of cerebral trauma / F. Clifford Rose -- Computerized tomography and magnetic resonance imaging in traumatic brain injury / Chi-Shing Zee ... [et al.] -- The neuropathology of trauma / David I. Graham ... [et al.] -- The postconcussion syndrome and the sequelae of mild head injury / Randolph W. Evans -- Posttraumatic cranial neuropathies / James R. Keane and Robert W. Baloh -- Posttraumatic epilepsy / L. James Willmore -- Traumatic intracranial hemorrhage / Joshua M. Ammerman, S. Taylor Jarrell, and Richard S. Polin -- Neurovascular trauma / Anil Nanda ... [et al.] -- Medical complications of head injury / Joseph Voelker and Alison M. Wilson -- Neurobehavioral outcome of head trauma / Daniel X. Capruso and Harvey S. Levin -- Neuropsychological testing alter traumatic brain injury / George P. Prigatano and Susan R. Borgaro -- Cognitive rehabilitation / James F. Malec and Keith D. Cicerone -- Spinal cord injury / David S. Baskin -- Complications of spinal cord injury / Oksana Volshteyn and John W. McDonald -- Low-back pain and sciatica: evaluation and treatment / James F. Howard, Jr. -- Zygapophysial joint trauma / Nikolai Bogduk -- Plexus injuries / Asa J. Wilbourn -- Occupational and use-related mononeuropathies / Timothy M. Miller and Michael J. Aminoff -- Electrodiagnostic studies in the evaluation of peripheral nerve injuries / Bashar Katirji -- Surgery of the injured peripheral nerve and brachial plexus / Shaden Marzouk, H. Bruce Hamilton, and David G. Kline -- Whiplash injuries / Randolph W. Evans -- Myofascial pain disorders / Charles E. Argoff and Anthony H. Wheeler -- Chronic regional pain syndrome I/II / Robert J. Schwartzman and Yakov Vorobeychik -- Epidemiology of sports injuries / Cory Toth -- Athletic head injury / Richard S. Polin and Nidhi Gupta -- Athletic spine injury / S. Taylor Jarrrell ... [et al.] -- High-altitude neurology / Ralf W. Baumgartner -- Neurological injury from undersea diving / E. Wayne Massey -- Lightning injuries / Michael Cherington -- Electrical injuries / Mary Capelli-Schellpfeffer -- Neurology of microgravity and space travel / Mavis D. Fujii -- Movement disorders: posttraumatic syndromes / Christopher G. Goetz and Ilia Itin -- Psychiatric aspects of the neurology of trauma / Harold Merskey -- Posttraumatic infections of the central nervous system / Allan R. Tunkel and Alan R. Turtz -- Functional symptoms and signs in neurology / Jon Stone and Michael Sharpe -- Physical trauma, psychological stress, and multiple sclerosis / Douglas S. Goodin -- The neurologist as expert witness / Michael I. Weintraub -- Complications of lumbar puncture / Randolph W. Evans -- Iatrogenic nerve injuries / Asa J. Wilbourn -- Complications of stereotactic brain surgery / Douglas Kondziolka and L. Dade Lunsford -- Iatrogenic complications of spine surgery / Anil Nanda, Satish Rudrappa, and Prasad Vannemreddy.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialThe neurologic examination /Robert K. Shin and Neil C. Porter --An approach to neurologic symptoms /Steven L. Lewis --Clinical use of neurologic diagnostic tests /Madhu Soni --Fundamentals of neuroradiology /Robert E. Morales and Dishant G. Shah --Neurologic emergencies /Tricia Y. Ting and Lisa M. Shulman --Examination of the comatose patient /Jordan L. Topel and Steven L. Lewis --Cerebrovascular disease /Roger E. Kelley and Alireza Minagar --Headache disorders /Amy Wilcox Voigt and Joel R. Saper --Epilepsy /Donna C. Bergen --Sleep disorders /Ruz̆ica Kovac̆ević-Ristanovic and Tomasz J. Kuźniar --Multiple sclerosis /Peter A. Calabresi and Scott D. Newsome --Parkinson disease /Bradley J. Robottom, Lisa M. Shulman, and William J. Weiner --Hyperkinetic movement disorders /Gonzalo J. Revuelta, William J. Weiner, and Stewart A. Factor --Alzheimer disease and other dementias /Neelum T. Aggarwal and Raj C. Shah --Behavioral neurology /Robert S. Wilson and Christopher G. Goetz --Traumatic brain injury /Michael J. Makley --Neuromuscular diseases /Dianna Quan and Steven P. Ringel --Peripheral neuropathy /Joshua Gordon and Morris A. Fisher --Neurologic evaluation of low back pain /Megan M. Shanks --Dizziness and vertigo /Robert K. Shin and Judd M. Jensen --An approach to the falling patient /Kathryn A. Chung and Fay B. Horak --Neurotoxic effects of drugs prescribed by non-neurologists /Katie Kompoliti --Neurologic complications of alcoholism /Allison L. Weathers --Central nervous system infections /Larry E. Davis --Neurologic aspects of cancer /Deborah Olin Heros --Eye signs in neurologic diagnosis /Robert K. Shin and James A. Goodwin --Principles of neurorehabilitation /David S. Kushner --Medicolegal issues in the care of patients with neurologic illness /Maria R. Schimer and Lois Margaret Nora.
- Neurology in clinical practice. 4th ed. v. 1-2, 2004.Print Materialv. 1. Principles of diagnosis and management -- v. 2. The neurological disorders.
- Neurology in clinical practice. 5th ed. 2008, MD Consultv. 1. Principles of diagnosis and management -- v. 2. The neurological disorders.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Neurology of consciousness. 1st ed. 2009, ScienceDirectSection I. Basics -- Section II. Waking, Sleep and Anaesthesia -- Section III. Coma and Related Conditions -- Section IV. Seizures, Splits, Neglects and Assorted Disorders.
- Print MaterialA survey of eye movements: characteristics and teleology -- The vestibular-optokinetic system -- The saccadic system -- Smooth pursuit and visual fixation -- Gaze holding and the neural integrator -- Synthesis of the command for conjugate eye movements -- Eye-head movements -- Vergence eye movements -- Diagnosis of peripheral ocular motor palsies and strabismus -- Diagnosis of nystagmus and saccadic intrusion -- Diagnosis and management of vestibular disorders -- Diagnosis of central disorders of ocular motility.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialNeural tube formation and prosencephalic development -- Neuronal proliferation, migration, organization, and myelination -- Neurological examination : normal and abnormal features -- Specialized studies in the neurological evaluation -- Neonatal seizures -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : biochemical and physiological aspects -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : intrauterine assessment -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : neuropathology and pathogenesis -- Hypoxic-ischemic encephalopathy : clinical aspects -- Intracranial hemorrhage : subdural, primary subarachnoid, cerebellar, intraventricular (term infant), and miscellaneous -- Intracranial hemorrhage : germinal matrix-intraventricular hemorrhage of the premature infant -- Hypoglycemia and brain injury -- Bilirubin and brain injury -- Hyperammonemia and other disorders of amino acid metabolism -- Disorders of organic acid metabolism -- Degenerative diseases of the newborn -- Neuromuscular disorders : motor system, evaluation, and arthrogryposis multiplex congenita -- Neuromuscular disorders : levels above the lower motor neuron to the neuromuscular junction -- Neuromuscular disorders : muscle involvement and restricted disorders -- Viral, protozoan, and related intracranial infections -- Bacterial and fungal intracranial infections -- Injuries of extracranial, cranial, intracranial, spinal cord, and peripheral nervous system structures -- Brain tumors and vein of Galen malformations -- Teratogenic effects of drugs and passive addiction.
- Neurology oral boards review 2005, SpringerTest description -- Study approach and test-taking strategies -- Clinical vignettes: emergencies -- Cerebrovascular disease -- Epilepsy -- Neuromuscular disease -- Herniation syndromes -- Infectious disease -- Spinal cord disease -- Movement disorders -- Toxic-metabolic -- Clinical vignettes: general neurology -- Behavioral neurology -- Cerebrovascular disorders -- Pain syndromes -- Neuromuscular disorders -- Movement disorders -- Epilepsy -- Neuroimmunology -- Sleep disorders -- Infectious disorders -- Neoplastic disorders -- Vestibular disorders -- Pediatric neurology.
- Neurology study guide 2005, Springer
- Neurology. 2nd ed. 2012, ScienceDirectCerebral circulation and hypotension in the premature infant : diagnosis and treatment / Claire W. McLean ... [et al.] -- Intraventricular hemorrhage and white matter injury in the preterm infant / Toshiki Takenouchi, Jeffrey M. Perlman -- Posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus management strategies / Andrew Whitelaw -- The use of hypothermia to provide neuroprotection for neonatal hypoxic-Ischemic brain injury / Abbot R. Laptook -- General supportive management of the term infant with neonatal encephalopathy following intrapartum hypoxia-ischemia / Ericalyn Kasdorf, Jeffrey M. Perlman -- Perinatal stroke / Eliza H. Myers, Laura R. Ment -- Diagnosis and treatment of neonatal seizures / Mark S. Scher -- Glucose and perinatal brain injury : questions and controversies / Jerome Y. Yager -- Hyperbilirubinemia and the risk for brain injury / Steven M. Shapiro -- Neonatal meningitis : current treatment options / David Kaufman -- Neonatal herpes simplex virus and congenital cytomegalovirus infections / David W. Kimberlin -- Pain and stress : potential impact on the developing brain / Lisa Eiland -- Neonatal hypotonia and neuromuscular disorders / Jahannaz Dastgir, Keung-kit Chan, Basil T. Darras -- Amplitude-integrated EEG and its potential role in augmenting management within the NICU / M.C. Toet, Linda de Vries -- Magnetic resonance imaging's role in the care of the infant at risk for brain injury / Gregory A. Lodygensky, Caroline Menache, Petra S. Huppi -- Long-term follow-up of very low-birth-weight infants / Betty R. Vohr.
- Neurology. 2nd ed. 2007Print Material
- Neurology. 4th ed. 2004, Thieme Book
- Neurology. 5th ed. 2004Print Material
- Neurology. 6th ed. 2006Print Material
- Neurology. 7th ed. 2009Print Material
- Neurology. 7th ed. 2004Print Material
- Neurology. 8th ed. 2012Print MaterialThe Neurological Examination and Diagnostic Tests -- Cerebrovascular Disease -- Epilepsy and Seizures -- Headache and Facial Pain -- Traumatic and Occupational Injuries -- Infections -- Neoplasms -- Nutritional and Metabolic Disorders -- Dementia and Cognitive Disorders -- Movement Disorders -- Disorders of Myelination -- Development and Hereditary Disorders -- Neuromuscular Disorders -- Toxic Injuries -- Eye Disease and Visual Disturbances -- Disturbances of Hearing, Balance, Smell, and Taste -- Spinal Cord and Root Disease -- Peripheral Neuropathy -- Neurological Emergencies.
- Neuromedia 2012, Springer
- Neuromodulation. 1st ed. v. 1-2, 2009., ScienceDirectv. 1. Section I. An introduction to neuromodulation -- Section II. Fundamentals of neuromodulation -- Section IIA. Fundamentals of neuromodulation: mechanisms -- Section III. Biomedical engineering considerations -- Section IV. Neuromodulation for chronic pain -- Section IVA. Periphery and spinal cord electrical stimulation for non-visceral pain -- Section IVB. Infusional therapies for pain -- Section IVC. Brain stimulation for painv. 2. Section V. Neuomodulation for movement disorders -- Section VI. Neurostimulation for epilepsy -- Section VII. Neuromodulation for psychiatric disorders -- Section VIII. Neuromodulation for functional restoration -- Section IX. Neuromodulation of body organs -- Section IXA. Neuromodulation for cardiovascular disorders -- Section IXB. Neuromodulation for gastrointestinal disorders -- Section IXC. Neuromodulation for urogenital disorders -- Section X. Neuromodulation for emerging applications -- Section XI. Neuromodulation device implant techniques.
- Neuromuscular disease 2006, SpringerBasic principles of epidemiology and biostatistics -- Diagnosis -- Treatment -- Prognosis -- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis -- Cervical spondylosis -- Lumbar spondylosis -- Polyneuropathy -- Paraproteinemic neuropathies -- Vasculitic neuropathy -- Guillain-Barré syndrome -- Chronic-inflammatory demyelinating polyradiculoneuropathy -- Multifocal motor neuropathy -- Inherited neuropathies -- Carpal tunnel syndrome -- Ulnar neuropathy at the elbow -- Myasthenia gravis -- Lambert-Eaton myasthenic syndrome -- Inflammatory myopathy -- Idiopathic hyper-CK-emia -- Statin-associated myopathy -- Metabolic myopathy -- Critical illness weakness -- Myotonic dystrophy -- Facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy.
- Neuromuscular imaging 2013, Springer
- Neuromuscular junction disorders 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Neuromuscular junction disorders 2007, ScienceDirect
- Neuromuscular monitoring in clinical practice and research 2010, Springer
- Neuronal activity in tumor tissue 2007, KargerNeuronal development / K.M. Giehl -- Organization of peripheral nerves in skin, musculoskeletal system, and viscera / M. von Düring, B. Fricke -- Neurotransmitter receptor-mediated signaling pathways as modulators of carcinogenesis / H.M. Schuller -- Neuronal markers in non-neuronal tissues / C. Hagel, D. Stavrou -- Chemotropic axon guidance molecules in tumorigenesis / A. Chédotal -- Neoneurogenesis and the neuro-neoplastic synapse / D. Palm, F. Entschladen -- Neurotransmitter effects on tumor cells and leukocytes / K. Lang, P. Bastian -- Stem cells and neurogenesis in tumors / J.A. Varner -- Potential inhibition of the neuro-neoplastic interactions: the clue of a GPCR-targeted therapy / J.-M. Muller -- The neuro-neoplastic synapse: does it exist? / K.S. Zänker.
- Print Material1. The NCLS: evolution of the concept and classification -- 2. NCL nomenclature and classification -- 3. NCL diagnosis and algorithms -- 4. Morphological diagnostic and pathological considerations -- 5. General principles of medical management -- 6. CLN1 -- 7. CLN2 -- 8. CLN3 -- 9. CLN5 -- 10. CLN6 -- 11. CLN7 -- 12. CLN8 -- 13. CLN10 -- 14. Genetically unassigned or unusual NCLS -- 15. Unicellular models -- 16. Simple animal models -- 17. Small animal models -- 18. Large animal models -- 19. Evolutionary conservation of NCL proteins -- 20. Mutations in NCL genes -- 21. Therapeutic strategies -- 22. Outlook into the next decade.
- Neuronal input pathways to the brain's biological clock and their functional significance 2006, Springer
- Neuronal noise 2012, Springer
- Neurons and the DHA principle 2013, CRCnetBASENature of neurons and their specialized membranes -- DHA contributes both benefits and risks to mammals -- Use it or lose it concept of brain health is linked to DHA -- Evolution and DHA : redefining the DHA principle -- DHA is king omega for maximizing mental speed -- DHA improves energy efficiency in neurons -- Wild conformational dynamics of DHA might save energy by sealing stretch-induced defects as fast as they occur in membranes -- Lipid whisker model and water-wire theory of energy uncoupling in neurons -- Neurons boost their energy state by using powerful antioxidant systems to protect their membranes against damage -- Oxygen-dependent damage (lipid peroxidation) of DHA membranes of neurons is inevitable and requires novel mechanisms for long-term protection -- Revised mitochondrial theory of aging and brain span -- Development of dual energy pacemaker theory of aging : role of the membrane -- Membranes and cancer -- Parkinson's disease -- Prion diseases -- Brain trauma-induced dementia -- Alzheimer's disease.
- Neuroparasitology and tropical neurology 2013, ScienceDirect
- Neuropathology 2005Print Material
- Print Material
- Receptor-based discovery strategies for insecticides and parasiticides: a review / Debra Woods ... [et al.] -- Nonpeptide ligands for peptidergic G protein-coupled receptors / Timothy G. Geary -- Interaction of mimetic analogs of insect kinin neuropeptides with arthropod receptors / Ronald J. Nachman and Patricia V. Pietrantonio -- Neuropeptides in helminths: occurrence and distribution / Nikki J. Marks and Aaron G. Maule -- Neuropeptide physiology in helminths / Angela Mousley ... [et al.] -- Neuropeptide gene families in Caenorhabditis elegans / Chris Li and Kyuhyung Kim -- Control of nematode parasites with agents acting on neuromusculature systems: lessons for neuropeptide ligand discovery / Richard J. Martin and Alan P. Robertson -- Neuropeptide signaling in insects / Miriam Altstein and Dick R. Nassel -- Neuropeptide physiology in insects / William G. Bendena -- Neuropeptide biology in Drosophila / Elke Clynen ... [et al.] -- Neuropeptide receptors as possible targets for development of insect pest control agents / Matthias B. Van Hiel ... [et al.].
- Neuropeptide techniques 2008, Springer Protocols
- Neuropeptide Y protocols Springer Protocols
- Neuropeptides in neuroprotection and neuroregeneration 2012, CRCnetBASE"Preface: Over the past four decades, the number of peptides identified as neurotransmitters or neuromodulators in the central and peripheral nervous systems has significantly increased. These compounds, known as neuropeptides, have been recognized for playing an important role in the communication between cells in a variety of neuronal networks. Although, a considerable number of neuropeptides have been characterized so far, their quantity is limited compared to the number of precursor proteins that are actually found to be expressed in cells of the nervous system. Numerous studies have confirmed that neuropeptides are involved in a number of biological activities. These include modulation of brain reward, pain processing, and immune response, as well as neuroendocrine regulations, control of neurovegetative functions, and trophic effects. In recent years, it has become evident that the role of neuropeptides as fast-acting neurotransmitters is challenged by the observation that many of them may act as growth factors by stimulating cell proliferation and slow-acting mitogenesis. It has thus been demonstrated that a number of neuroactive peptides, such as pituitary adenylate cyclase-activating polypeptide (PACAP), adrenocorticotrophin (ACTH), opioid peptides, somatostatin, and substance P, may modulate proliferation and cell viability. Some peptides act as stimulatory factors on brain circuits involved in cognition, whereas others may act as inhibitory factors. Accordingly, many neuropeptide systems appear as important targets for neuroprotective drugs and drugs that promote neuroregeneration"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Neurophysiology in neurosurgery 2002, ScienceDirect
- Neuroplasticity 2011, SpringerNeuroplasticity - A New Approach to the Pathophysiology of Depression --Glutamate-Mediated Neuroplasticity Deficits in Mood Disorders --Regulation of Cellular Plasticity in Mood Disorders: The Role of the AMPA Receptor --Cellular Plasticity and the Pathophysiology of Depression --Clinical Consequences of the Role of Glutamate and Neuroplasticity in Depressive Disorder.
- Neuroplasticity, development, and steroid hormone action 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Neuroprotection methods and protocols 2007, Springer ProtocolsNeuronal death and neuroprotection : a review / Mariaelena Repici, Jean Mariani, and Tiziana Borsello -- The use of propidium iodide to assess excitotoxic neuronal death in primary mixed cortical cultures / Anthony C. Lau, Hong Cui, and Michael Tymianski -- A modified silver technique (de Olmos Stain) for assessment of neuronal and axonal degeneration / Tatyana I. Tenkova and Mark P. Goldberg -- Model of acute injury to study neuroprotection / Michal Schwartz and Jonathan Kipnis -- Organotypic entorhino-hippocampal slice cultures : a tool to study the molecular and cellular regulation of axonal regeneration and collateral sprouting in vitro / Domenico Del Turco and Thomas Deller -- Role of Nrf2-dependent ARE-driven antioxidant pathway in neuroprotection / Jiang Li ... [et al.] -- Biochemical methods to assess the coupling of brain energy metabolism in control and disease states / Jennifer Zechel, W. David Lust, and Michele Puchowicz -- A method for isolating prosurvival targets of NF-[kappa]B/rel transcription factors / Christian Kuntzen ... [et al.] -- Functional cloning of genes regulating apoptosis in neuronal cells / Roberta Visconti and Luciano D'Adamio -- Characterization of mRNA expression in single neurons / David M. Lin ... [et al.] -- Brain on a chip : a method to detect novel neuroprotective candidate targets / Yang Tang and Myriam Bernaudin -- Intracerebral infusion of neurotrophic factors / Theo Hagg -- Synthesis of cell-penetrating peptides and their application in neurobiology / Gunnar P.H. Dietz and Mathias Bähr -- The stem cells as a potential treatment for neurodegeneration / Ferrari Daniela, Angelo Luigi Vescovi, and Daniele Bottai -- In vivo tomographic imaging studies of neurodegeneration and neuroprotection : a review / Rikki N. Waterhouse and Jun Zhao.
- Print Material
- Neuropsychiatric disorders 2007, Springer
- Neuropsychiatric disorders 2010, SpringerPart I. Introduction -- Part II. Neuropsychiatric Syndromes -- Part III. Seizure Disorders -- Part IV. Traumatic Brain Injury -- Part V. Vascular and Inflammatory Disorders -- Part VI. Neurodegenerative Disorders.
- Neuropsychiatric dysfunction in multiple sclerosis 2012, Springer
- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of cerebrovascular diseases 2013, SpringerPart I. Psychiatry of stroke -- Delirium in stroke patients -- Poststroke illusions and hallucinations -- Depression after stroke -- Mania -- Anxiety disturbances in stroke patients -- Apathy -- Disturbances in the voluntary control of emotional expression after stroke -- Poststroke aggressiveness -- Denial of illness -- Part II. Psychiatry of vascular cognitive impairment -- Neuropsychiatric symptoms of CADASIL -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of vascular cognitive impairment -- Part III. Cerebrovascular disease and psychiatric disturbances -- Psychological and psychiatric triggers and risk factors for storke -- Vascular depression -- Cedrebrovascular disease and bipolar disorder.
- Print Material
- Neuropsychological assessments of dementia in Down syndrome and intellectual disabilities 2009, Springer
- Neuropsychological evaluation of the older adult 2000, ScienceDirectActivities preceding patient arrival -- Clinical interview -- General principles and guidelines for formal testing -- Evaluation of general intellectual function, attention, executive function, verbal abilities, and visuospatial and visuoconstructive abilities -- Memory evaluation in older adults -- Neuropsychological profiles of common disorders affecting older adults I: Alzheimer's disease, frontotemporal lobar degeneration -- Neuropsychological profiles II: vascular disease, dementia with Lewy bodies -- Neuropsychological profiles III: Parkinsonian disorders, corticobasal degeneration, Huntington's disease -- Neuropsychological profiles IV: traumatic brain injury, substance-related disorders, normal pressure hydrocephalus, metabolic and toxic disorders -- Assessment of depression during the neuropsychological evaluation -- Organizing and interpreting test findings -- Writing the evaluation report -- Providing feedback and planning follow-up services.
- Neuropsychology and behavioral neurology 2008, ScienceDirect
- Neuropsychology of communication 2010, Springer
- Neuropsychology of the sense of agency 2010, Springer
- Neuropsychology of women 2009, SpringerIntroduction to the neuropsychology of women /Elaine Fletcher-Janzen ... [et al.] --Brain development : evidence of gender differences /Phyllis Anne Teeter Ellison and Amy Nelson --Neuroimaging in women /Margaret Semrud-Clikeman, Jodene Goldenring Fine, and Jesse Bledsoe --Women and traumatic brain injury /Elaine Clark and Janiece L. Pompa --Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder /Nancy L. Nussbaum and Katherine N. Shepard --The neuropsychology of dyslexia : differences by gender /Amy Nelson and Phyllis Anne Teeter Ellison --Sex and gender differences in the assessment, treatment, and management of epilepsy /Elaine Fletcher-Janzen --Critical issues in chronic illnesses of women /LeAdelle Phelps --Neuropsychology of eating disorders /Catherine P. Cook-Cottone --Aging and gender /Jennifer J. Dunkin.
- Neuropsychology toolkit 2012, SpringerPart 1.NEURULES: GUIDELINES FOR IMPROVING ASSESSMENT AND REPORTING --Pre-Test --Interacting with Others --Managing Environmental Considerations --Obtaining and Reporting Background Information --Selecting Tests and Categorizing Performance --Testing, Interpreting, and Reporting Results --Reporting Conclusions, Diagnoses, and Recommendations --Writing Effectively --Controlling Quality --Post-Test --Part 2.FORMATS: QUESTIONNAIRES AND REPORTS --Self-Report Questionnaire --Family Report Questionnaire --Short Report Format --Long Report Format --Part 3.LANGUAGE --Validity --Test Results --Conclusions --Recommendations.
- Neuropsychopharmacology 2002, Ovid
- Print Material
- Neuroradiology in clinical practice 2013, SpringerThis quick reference guide for medical students and residents presents over sixty clinical case studies of major neurological conditions and their associated neuroimaging characteristics. A primer on the fundamental physics which underlie neuroimaging techniques is also provided. The content is organized by pathology type and the structure of every topic is similar to help the reader develop his or her thinking process in a stepwise fashion and to provide a rational approach to imaging interpretation. Neuroradiology in Clinical Practice is aimed at medical students and residents doing their rotations in neurology, internal medicine, emergency medicine, and family medicine, but will also be useful for allied health professionals, nurse practitioners, physician assistants and other primary medical care providers.
- Print MaterialTechniques in neuroimaging -- Cranial anatomy -- Neoplasms of the brain -- Vascular diseases of the brain / Robert D. Zimmerman -- Head trauma -- Infectious and noninfectious inflammatory diseases of the brain -- White matter diseases -- Neurodegenerative diseases and hydrocephalus -- Congenital disorders of the brain and spine -- Orbit -- Sella and central skull base -- Temporal bone -- Sinonasal disease -- Mucosal disease of the head and neck -- Extramucosal diseases of the head of and neck -- Anatomy and degenerative diseases of the spine -- Nondegenerative diseases of the spine -- Approach and pitfalls in neuroimaging.
- Neurorehabilitation technology 2012, Springer
- Neuroscience in medicine. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Neuroscience of clinical psychiatry 2007, OvidHistorical perspective -- Neuroanatomy -- Cells of the nervous system -- Neurotransmitters -- Receptors and signaling the nucleus -- Hormones and the brain -- Adult development and plasticity -- Pain -- Pleasure -- Appetite -- Anger and aggression -- Sleep -- Sex and the brain -- Social attachment -- Memory -- Intelligence -- Attention -- Depression -- Anxiety -- Schizophrenia -- Alzheimer's disease.
- N-acetylaspartate ......................
- — Neuroacanthocytosis syndromes II .......
- Neuroactive steroids in brain functio...
- — Neuroscience of clinical psychiatry ....
- Neuroscience of hallucinations .........
- — Novel apoptotic regulators in carcino...
- Novel developments in stem cell mobil...
- — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases