- R and S-PLUS companion to multivariat...
- — Recent advances in psychology and agi...
- Recent advances in retinal degenerati...
- — Reparative medicine ....................
- Repetitive DNA .........................
- — Rheumatology. Clinical scenarios, syn...
- Rheumatology. Symptoms and syndromes ...
- — Ryanodine receptors ....................
- Rheumatology. Symptoms and syndromes 2011, Springer1. Articular disorders -- 2. Diseases of the spine -- 3. Soft-tissue rheumatism and related disorders -- 4. Regional arthrological and musculoskeletal syndromes -- 5. Paraneoplastic syndromes (PNS) in rheumatology -- 6. Algorithms in articular and musculoskeletal disorders: integrated diagnostic screening program: staged diagnostics -- 7. Algorithms in arthrological and musculoskeletal disorders -- 8. General symptoms (BVAS = maximum of 3 out of 63 points) -- 9. Involvement of connective tissue structures -- 10. System-/organ involvement -- 11. (Auto) immunological phenomena and serological diagnostics -- 12. Treatment-induced and associated conditions and diseases -- 13. Integrated diagnostic screening program staged diagnostics -- 14. Algorithms for connective tissue disease and vasculitis.
- Rhinologic and sleep apnea surgical techniques 2007, Springer
- Rhinology and facial plastic surgery 2009, Springer
- Rhinoplasty 2004
- Rhinosinusitis 2008, Springer
- RHO family GTPases 2005, Springer
- Rho GTPases in cancer 2010, Springer
- Rhode Island's Civil War hospital SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status."During the Civil War, Union soldiers and Confederate prisoners convalesced in a general army hospital in Portsmouth Grove, Rhode Island. This study details experiences of those who received and provided care, exploring the barbarities of medicine, daily routine, role of citizens, later adventures of former patients/staff, and final resting places of those who died on the grounds"--Provided by publisher.
- Rhythms of the brain 2006Structure defines function -- Diversity of cortical functions is provided by inhibition -- Windows on the brain -- A system of rhythms -- Synchronization by oscillation -- The brain's default state -- Perturbation of the default patterns by experience -- The gamma buzz -- Perceptions and actions are brain state-dependent -- Oscillations in the "other cortex" -- Coupling of systems by oscillations -- Tough problems.
- Ribonuclease P 2010, SpringerHistory of RNase P and Overview of Its Catalytic Activity -- The Evolution of RNase P and Its RNA -- Over a Decade of Bacterial Ribonuclease P Modeling -- Structural Studies of Ribonuclease P -- Folding of Bacterial RNase P RNA -- Kinetic Mechanism of Bacterial RNase P -- Roles of Metal Ions in RNase P Catalysis -- Challenges in RNase P Substrate Recognition: Considering the Biological Context -- Archaeal RNase P: A Mosaic of Its Bacterial and Eukaryal Relatives -- Eukaryote RNase P and RNase MRP -- RNase P from Organelles -- Human RNase P and Transcription -- RNase P as a Drug Target -- Ribonuclease P as a Tool.
- Ribonucleases 2011, Springer
- Ribonucleases. Part A-B ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirect
- Ribosomes ScienceDirect
- Ribosomes 2011, Springer
- Ribozymes and siRNA protocols. 2nd ed. 2004, Springer Protocols
- Ricin and Shiga toxins 2012, Springer
- Right imaging study. 3rd ed. 2008, Springer
- Right start Fulltext
- Right ventricle in adults with tetralogy of fallot 2012, Springer
- Rinderpest and peste des petits ruminants 2006, ScienceDirect
- Ringtailed lemur biology 2006, SpringerThe distribution and biogeography of the ringtailed lemur (Lemur catta) in Madagascar / Steven M. Goodman, Soava V. Rakotoarisoa and Lucienne Wilmé -- A preliminary estimate of Lemur catta population density using satellite imagery / Robert W. Sussman ... [et al.] -- Berenty Reserve : a research site in southern Madagascar / Alison Jolly ... [et al.] -- Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve : a research site in southwestern Madagascar / Robert W. Sussman and Joelisoa Ratsirarson -- Plant species fed on by Lemur catta in gallery forests of the southern domain of Madagascar / Bruno Simmen ... [et al.] -- Tamarind recruitment and long-term stability in the gallery forest at Berenty, Madagascar / Kathryn Blumenfeld-Jones ... [et al.] -- Home ranges of ringtailed lemur troops and the density of large trees at Berenty Reserve, Madagascar / Naoki Koyama ... [et al.] -- The influence of tamarind tree quality and quantity on Lemur catta behavior / Anne S. Mertl-Millhollen ... [et al.] -- Feeding competition between introduced Eulemur fulvus and native Lemur catta during the birth season at Berenty Reserve, southern Madagascar / Susan Pinkus, James N.M. Smith and Alison Jolly --Tradition and novelty : Lemur catta feeding strategy on introduced tree species at Berenty Reserve / Takayo Soma -- Diet quality and taste perception of plant secondary metabolites by Lemur catta / B. Simmen ... [et al.] -- Territory as bet-hedging : Lemur catta in a rich forest and an erratic climate / Alison Jolly ... [et al.] -- Resource defense in Lemur catta : the importance of group size / R. Ethan Pride ... [et al.] -- Social changes in a wild population of ringtailed lemurs (Lemur catta) at Berenty, Madagascar / Shinichiro Ichino and Naoki Koyama -- Obsession with agonistic power / Michael. E. Pereira -- Male and female ringtailed lemurs' energetic strategy does not explain female dominance / Hantanirina Rasamimanana ... [et al.] -- Male sociality and integration during the dispersal process in Lemur catta : a case study / Lisa Gould -- Patterns of health, disease, and behavior among wild ringtailed lemurs, Lemur catta: effects of habitat and sex / Michelle L. Sauther ... [et al.] -- Bald lemur syndrome and the miracle tree : alopecia associated with Leucaena leucocephala at Berenty Reserve, Madagascar / Graham C. Crawford ... [et al.] -- Temporal change in tooth size among ringtailed lemurs (Lemur catta) at the Beza Mahafaly Special Reserve, Madagascar : effects of an environmental fluctuation / Frank P. Cuozzo and Michelle L. Sauther.
- Riot control agents 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Rise and fall of epithelial phenotype 2005, Springer
- Rise of alchemy in fourteenth-century England SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Pt. 1. Alchemy and the occult in English cultural and political life. Introduction : alchemy and the occult in England ; The origins of English alchemy and sources for the study of alchemy in fourteenth-century England -- Pt. 2. The Astrology of the earth : the intellectual impact of alchemy in fourteenth-century England. Alchemy and science and philosophy ; Alchemy and the Church ; The Cultural impact of alchemy -- Pt. 3. The Political significance of alchemy. The accession of Edward III ; Alchemical themes in the kingship of Edward III ; Richard II the magus and boy king ; Richard II and the occult ; Conclusion : the Lancastrian reaction.
- Risk adjustment for measuring health care outcomes. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordReasons for risk adjustment / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Getting started and defining terms / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Range of risk factors / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Windows of observation / Amy K. Rosen and Ann M. Borzecki -- Coded data from administrative sources / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Clinical data from medical records and health information technologies / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Data from patient surveys / Lisa I. Iezzoni and Karen Donelan -- Conceptual and practical issues in developing risk adjustment methods / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Validity and reliability of risk adjustment methods / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Empirically evaluating risk adjustment models / Michael Shwartz and Arlene S. Ash -- Estimating the effect of an intervention from observational data / Michael Shwartz and Arlene S. Ash -- Comparing outcomes across providers / Arlene S. Ash ... [et al.] -- Risk adjustment in pediatric populations / Karen Kuhlthau, Jeanne Van Cleave, and Timothy G. Ferris -- Risk adjustment for mental health care / Anthony P. Weiss and Mark A. Blais -- Risk adjustment and persons with disabilities / Lisa I. Iezzoni -- Risk adjustment for long-term care / Dan Berlowitz and Orna Intrator -- The role of risk adjustment in managing health care organizations / Jennifer Daley -- Final observations / Lisa I. Iezzoni.
- Risk assessment of choleragenic Vibrio cholerae 01 and 0139 in warm-water shrimp in international trade 2005Choleragenic Vibrio cholerae 01 and 0139 are the causative agent of cholera, a water-and-food-borne disease with epidemic and pandemic potential. This report focuses on the risk of acquiring cholera from warm-water shrimps in international trade. Shrimp is a very important export product from many developing countries but outbreaks of cholera in these countries can have devastating effects on the international markets for their food products. This volume looks at different approaches for assigning the risk associated with choleragenic V. Cholerae in warm-water shrimp in international trade. Qualitative and quantitative approaches to assessing risk were developed and compared and risk estimates were made using the available and relevant data. --Publisher's description.
- Vibrio vulnificus is one of three pathogenic Vibrio spp. on which FAO and WHO have undertaken risk assessment work. This pathogen is associated primarily with raw oysters but can occur in a variety of seafood products. As well as causing gastrointestinal illness, V. vulnificus can cause primary septicaemia which is a serious and often fatal disease in individuals with chronic pre-existing conditions. This volume provides an approach for undertaking quantitative risk assessment of V. vulnificus in raw oysters. This risk assessment model was also developed to evaluate the effectiveness of various interventions strategies aimed at reducing V. vulnificus levels in oysters and therefore the associated risk of illness.--Publisher's description.
- Risk prevention in ophthalmology 2008, SpringerPart 1 : General considerations -- Basic medical malpractice terminology -- The defense attorney -- The plaintiff's attorney -- The trial judge -- The medical expert -- Sequence of events in a medical malpractice lawsuit -- Informed consent -- The five most effective risk prevention strategies -- Revelation of adverse events and the conundrum of an apology -- Part 2 : Risk management in the ophthalmic subspecialties and related fields -- Anesthesia -- Cataract surgery -- Cornea : external disease and contact lenses -- Drugs -- Emergencies -- Glaucoma -- Neuroophthalmology -- Oncology -- Ophthalmic plastic surgery -- Pediatric ophthalmology -- Refractive corneal surgery -- Retina and vitreous -- Uveitis -- Part 3 : Personal and business considerations -- Physician and defendant : living and coping with a double life -- Medical malpractice insurance : selection of companies and policies.
- Risk, ambiguity, and decision 2001, CRCnetBASE
- RISK21, coping with risks due to natural hazards in the 21st century 2004, CRCnetBASEDisaster risk management and risk impact: Risk concept, integral risk management and risk governance / W.J. Amman ; Risk based regulation / H. Seiler ; Emerging risk and risk management policies in selected OECD countries / P.-A. Schieb ; Vulnerability analysis, livelihoods and disasters / T. Cannon ; Crisis invention and risk reduction / D. Alexander -- Risk perception, aversion, risk levels: Risk aversion : a delicate issue in risk assessment / Th. Schneider ; Evaluation of risks due to natural hazards : a conceptual approach / Th. Schneider ; Challenges in defining acceptable risk levels / R. Bell, T. Glade & M. Danscheid ; Risk as perceived and evaluated by the general public / M.M. Zwick ; Understanding risk perception from natural hazards : examples from Germany / T. Plapp & U. Werner ; The cognitive representation of global risks : empirical studies / A.D. Eisler, H. Eisler & M. Yoshida ; Gender studies : social and psychological issues in disaster reduction / D. Mukhopadhyay -- Risk analysis, risk management and sustainability: Post-harvest management strategies, drought vulnerability and food security / C. Ifejika Speranza & U. Wiesmann ; CEDIM-risk map Germany : first results / C. Lechtenbörger ; Efficiency of protection measures / H. Weck-Hannemann -- Application of the marginal cost approach and cost-benefit analysis to measures for avalanche risk reduction : a case study from Davos, Switzerland / M. Bründl, M.C. McAlpin, U. Gruber & S. Fuchs ; TripelBudgetierung, sustainable integral risk management / H.-O. Schiegg & P. Hardegger ; Building vulnerability related to floods and debris flows-- case studies / D. Kraus, J. Hubl & D. Rickenmann ; Management of risks from large landslides : the problems of acceptable and residual risks / Ch. Bonnard & L. Vulliet ; Panarchy and sustainable risk prevention by management protection forests in mountain areas / L.K.A. Dorren & F. Berger ; Protective measures and risk management-- basics and examples of avalanche and torrential risks in Switzerland / H. Romang & S. Margreth ; The vulnerability of buildings affected by powder avalanches / M. Barbolini .. [et al.] ; Temporal variability of damage potential in settlements-- a contribution towards the long-term development of avalanche risk / S. Fuchs ... [et al.] -- Outlook.
- Risks associated with smoking cigarettes with low machine-measured yields of tar and nicotine 2001, NCI"Smoking light and low tar brands do not reduce the public health's burden from smoking."
- Risk and medical innovation : a historical perspective / Thomas Schlich -- To assess and to improve : practitioners' approaches to doubts linked with medical innovations 1720-1920 / Ulrich Tröhler -- Anaesthesia and the evaluation of surgical risk in mid-nineteenth century Britain / Ian Burney -- Redemption, danger and risk : the history of anti-bacterial chemotherapy and the transformation of tuberculin / Christoph Gradmann -- "As safe as milk or sugar water" : perceptions of the risks and benefits of the BCG vaccine in the 1920s and 1930s in France and Germany / Christian Bonah -- From danger to risk : the perception and regulation of X-rays in Switzerland, 1896-1970 / Monika Dommann -- The population as patient : Alice Stewart and the controversy over low-level radiation in the 1950s / Sarah Dry -- To treat or not to treat : drug research and the changing nature of essential hypertension / Carsten Timmermann -- Hormones at risk : cancer and the medical uses of industrially-produced sex steroids in Germany, 1930-1960 / Jean-Paul Gaudillière -- Risk assessment and medical authority in operative fracture care in the 1960 and 1970s / Thomas Schlich -- Assessing the risk and safety of the pill : maternal mortality and the pill / Lara Marks -- Addressing uncertainties : the conceptualization of brain death in Switzerland 1960-2000 / Silke Bellanger and Aline Steinbrecher -- Risk on trial : the interaction of innovation and risk in cancer clinical trials / Peter Keating and Alberto Cambrosio -- BioRisk : interleukin-2 from laboratory to market in the United States and Germany / Arthur Daemmrich -- The redemption of Thalidomide : standardizing the risk of birth defects / Stefan Timmermans and Valerie Leiter.
- Rites of passage 2010The Heart of the matter : for one family with a five-year-old with chronic disease, normal life is the greatest gift / by Kathryn Roethel -- Bus to nowhere : for Silicon Valley's homeless population, Hotel 22 is an endless ride / by Miranda Simon -- The Good death : "No One Dies Alone" is a volunteer program and a promise / by Ryan Mac -- The Clean room : why did so many IBM employees come down with cancer after working in Silicon Valley? / by Lily Bixler -- Shelter from the storm : in a time of budgetary crisis, abused women still need help / by Kristen Barta -- Punched in the gut : can a family ever recover from an eating disorder? / by Erin Beresini.
- RNA 2001, ScienceDirect
- RNA 2008, Springer ProtocolsThe transcriptional landscape -- Working with RNA -- Synthesis of RNA by in vitro transcription -- Efficient poly(A)+ RNA selection using LNA oligo(T) capture -- Genome browsers -- Web-based tools for studying RNA structure and function -- Northern blotting analysis -- Rapid amplification of cDNA ends (RACE) -- Fractionation of mRNA based on the length of the poly(A) tail -- Analysis of mutations that influence pre-mRNA splicing -- S1 nuclease analysis of alternatively spliced mRNA -- Promises and challenges in developing RNAi as a research tool and therapy -- Inhibition of gene function in mammalian cells using short-hairpin RNA (shRNA) -- Validation of RNAi by real time PCR -- Profiling RNA polymerase II using the fast chromatin immunoprecipitation method -- The post-transcriptional operon -- RIP-chip analysis : RNA-binding protein immunoprecipitation-microarray (chip) profiling -- Isolation of RNP granules -- Electrophoretic mobility shift assay for characterizing RNA-protein interaction -- Polysome analysis and RNA purification from sucrose gradients -- Prediction of targets for microRNAs -- Outsourcing of experimental work.
- RNA 3D structure analysis and prediction 2012, SpringerIntroduction /Michael Levitt --Modeling RNA Molecules /Neocles Leontis and Eric Westhof --Methods for Predicting RNA Secondary Structure /Kornelia Aigner, Fabian Dre€en and Gerhard Steger --Why Can't We Predict RNA Structure At Atomic Resolution? /Parin Sripakdeevong, Kyle Beauchamp and Rhiju Das --Template-Based and Template-Free Modeling of RNA 3D Structure: Inspirations from Protein Structure Modeling /Kristian Rother, Magdalena Rother, Michał Boniecki, Tomasz Puton and Konrad Tomala, et al. --The RNA Folding Problems: Different Levels of sRNA Structure Prediction /Fredrick Sijenyi, Pirro Saro, Zheng Ouyang, Kelly Damm-Ganamet and Marcus Wood, et al. --Computational Prediction and Modeling Aid in the Discovery of a Conformational Switch Controlling Replication and Translation in a Plus-Strand RNA Virus /Wojciech K. Kasprzak and Bruce A. Shapiro --Methods for Building and Refining 3D Models of RNA /Samuel C. Flores, Magdalena Jonikas, Christopher Bruns, Joy P. Ku and Jeanette Schmidt, et al. --Multiscale Modeling of RNA Structure and Dynamics /Feng Ding and Nikolay V. Dokholyan --Statistical Mechanical Modeling of RNA Folding: From Free Energy Landscape to Tertiary Structural Prediction /Song Cao and Shi-Jie Chen --Simulating Dynamics in RNA-Protein Complexes /John Eargle and Zaida Luthey-Schulten --Quantum Chemical Studies of Recurrent Interactions in RNA 3D Motifs /Jiří Šponer, Judit E. Šponer and Neocles B. Leontis --Nonredundant 3D Structure Datasets for RNA Knowledge Extraction and Benchmarking /Neocles B. Leontis and Craig L. Zirbel --Ions in Molecular Dynamics Simulations of RNA Systems /Pascal Auffinger --Modeling RNA Folding Pathways and Intermediates Using Time-Resolved Hydroxyl Radical Footprinting Data /Joshua S. Martin, Paul Mitiguy and Alain Laederach --A Top-Down Approach to Determining Global RNA Structures in Solution Using NMR and Small-Angle X-ray Scattering Measurements /Yun-Xing Wang, Jinbu Wang and Xiaobing Zuo --RNA Structure Determination by Structural Probing and Mass Spectrometry: MS3D /A. E. Hawkins and D. Fabris.
- RNA and cancer 2013, SpringerCoupling Between Transcription and Alternative Splicing /Ignacio E. Schor, Luciana I. Gómez Acuña, Alberto R. Kornblihtt --Detection of Alternatively Spliced or Processed RNAs in Cancer Using Oligonucleotide Microarray /Marieta Gencheva ... [et al.] --Cancer-Associated Perturbations in Alternative Pre-messenger RNA Splicing /Lulzim Shkreta ... [et al.] --Alternative Splicing of Tumor Suppressors and Oncogenes /Claudia Ghigna, Silvano Riva, Giuseppe Biamonti --MicroRNAs in Cancer /Jianzhong Jeff Xi --The Perinucleolar Compartment: RNA Metabolism and Cancer /John T. Norton, Sui Huang --Regulation of ARE-mRNA Stability by Cellular Signaling: Implications for Human Cancer /Christian Kroun Damgaard, Jens Lykke-Andersen --Alternative Pre-mRNA Splicing, Cell Death, and Cancer /Kong Ruirui ... [et al.] --Oligonucleotide Therapeutics in Cancer /Jing Wan, John A. Bauman, Maria Anna Graziewicz, Peter Sazani --Clinical Perspective on Chemo-Resistance and the Role of RNA Processing /Nancy L. Krett, Shuo Ma, Steven T. Rosen.
- RNA editing 2007, ScienceDirect
- RNA editing 2008, SpringerEditing reactions from the perspective of RNA structure / Matthias Homann -- Editing of tRNA for structure and function / Juan D. Alfonzo -- RNA editing by adenosine deaminases that act on RNA (ADARs) / Michael F. Jantsch and Marie Öhman -- Insertion/deletion editing in Physarum polycephalum / Jonatha M. Gott and Amy C. Rhee -- RNA editing in plant mitochondria / Mizuki Takenaka ... [et al.] -- RNA editing in chloroplasts / Masahiro Sugiura -- Working together : the RNA editing machinery in Trypanosoma brucei / Jason Carnes and Kenneth Stuart -- RNA editing accessory factors : the example of mHel61p / H. Ulrich Göringer ... [et al.] -- The function of RNA editing in trypanosomes / Torsten Ochsenreiter and Stephen Hajduk -- Evolutionary aspects of RNA editing / Dave Speijer.
- RNA exosome 2011, Springer"The diversity of RNAs inside living cells is amazing. We have known of the more "classic" RNA species: mRNA, tRNA, rRNA, snRNA and snoRNA for some time now, but in a steady stream new types of molecules are being described as it is becoming clear that most of the genomic information of cells ends up in RNA. To deal with the enormous load of resulting RNA processing and degradation reactions, cells need adequate and efficient molecular machines. The RNA exosome is arising as a major facilitator to this effect. Structural and functional data gathered over the last decade have illustrated the biochemical importance of this multimeric complex and its many co-factors, revealing its enormous regulatory power. By gathering some of the most prominent researchers in the exosome field, it is the aim of the book to introduce this fascinating protein complex and to give a timely and rich account of its many functions"--Provided by publisher.
- RNA helicases. 1st ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- RNA infrastructure and networks 2011, SpringerThe RNA infrastructure : an introduction to ncRNA networks / Lesley J. Collins -- RNA interactions / Manja Marz and Peter F. Stadler -- Plant RNA silencing in viral defence / Vitantonio Pantaleo -- Micrornas as post-transcriptional machines and their interplay with cellular networks / Sarath Chandra Janga and Swathi Vallabhaneni -- Spatiotemporal aspects of microRNA-mediated gene regulation / Joris Pothof and Dik C. van Gent -- Spliceosomal RNA infrastructure : the network of splicing components and their regulation by miRNAs / Lesley J. Collins -- Construction, structure, and dynamics of post-transcriptional regulatory network directed by RNA binding proteins / Sarath Chandra Janga and Nitish Mittal -- Safe keeping the message : mRNP complexes tweaking after transcription / Said Hafidh, Věra Čapková, and David Honys -- Unexpected functions of tRNA and tRNA processing enzymes / Rebecca L. Hurto -- Programmed DNA elimination in tetrahymena : a small RNA mediated genome surveillance mechanism / Kensuke Kataoka and Kazufumi Mochizuki -- Long noncoding RNA and epigenomics / Chandrasekhar Kanduri -- Promoter associated long noncoding RNAs repress transcription through a RNA binding protein TLS / Riki Kurokawa -- RNA networks in prokaryotes I :CRISPRs and riboswitches / Patrick J. Biggs and Lesley J. Collins -- RNA networks in prokaryotes II : tRNA processing and small RNAs / Lesley J. Collins and Patrick J. Biggs -- Localization of the bacterial RNA infrastructure / Kenneth C. Keiler -- Small RNA discovery and characterisation in eukaryotes using high throughput approaches / Helio Pais ... [et al.] -- How old are RNA networks? / Toni Daly, X. Sylvia Chen, and David Penny.
- RNA interference 2005, ScienceDirect
- RNA interference 2008, SpringerRNA interference in mammalian cell systems / Patrick J. Paddison -- RNAi pathway in C. elegans: the argonautes and collaborators / Marie-Eve L. Boisvert and Martin J. Simard -- Genetics and biochemistry of RNAi in drosophila / Harsh H. Kavi ... [et al.] -- Role of dicer in posttranscriptional RNA silencing / Lukasz Jaskiewicz and Witold Filipowicz -- The mechanism of RNase III action: how dicer dices / Xinhua Ji -- MicroRNA metabolism in plants / Xuemei Chen -- Structure-function relationships among RNA-dependent RNA polymerases / Kenneth K.-S. Ng, Jamie J. Arnold, and Craig E. Cameron -- RNAi-mediated chromatin silencing in fission yeast / Sharon A. White and Robin C. Allshire -- A role for RNAi in heterochromatin formation in drosophila / Nicole C. Riddle and Sarah C.R. Elgin -- RNA mediated transcriptional gene silencing in human cells / Kevin V. Morris -- RNA silencing in mammalian oocytes and early embryos / Petr Svoboda -- Identifying human microRNAs / Isaac Bentwich.
- RNA interference technology 2005, MyiLibraryChemical modifications to achieve increased stability and sensitive detection of siRNA -- RNA interference in postimplantation mouse embryos -- In ovo RNAi opens new possibilities for functional genomics in vertebrates -- Sect. 4. Gene silencing in model organisms. Practical applications of RNAi in C. elegans -- Inducible RNAi as a forward genetic tool in Trypanosoma brucei -- RNA-mediated gene silencing in fission yeast -- RNA silencing in filamentous fungi: Mucor ciccinelloides as a model organism -- RNAi and gene silencing phenomena mediated by viral suppressors in plants --Sect. 1. Basic RNAi, siRNA, microRNAs and gene-silencing mechanisms. RNAi beginnings. Overview of the pathway in C. elegans -- Dicer in RNAi: its roles in vivo and utility in vitro -- Genes required for RNA interference -- MicroRNAs: a small contribution from worms -- miRNAs in the brain and the application of RNAi to neurons -- Sect. 2. Design, synthesis of siRNAs. Degign and synthesis of small interfering RNA (siRNA) -- Automated design and high throughput chemical synthesis of siRNA -- Rational design of siRNAs with the Sfold software -- Enzymatic production of small interfering RNAs -- Sect. 3. Vector development and in vivo, in vitro and in ovo delivery methods. Six methods of inducing RNAi in mammalian cells -- Viral delivery of shRNA -- siRNA delivery by lentiviral vectors: design and applications -- Liposomal delivery of siRNAs in mice --Sect. 5. Drug target validation. Delivering siRNA in vivo for functional genomics and novel therapeutics -- The role of RNA interference in drug target validation: application to Hepatitis C -- RNAi in the drug discovery process -- RNA interference technology in the discovery and validation of druggable targets -- Sect. 6. Therapeutic and drug development. RNAi-mediated silencing of viral gene expression and replication -- RNAi in drug development: practical considerations -- RNA interference studies in liver failure -- RNAi applications in living animal systems -- Sect. 7. High-throughput genome-wide RNAi analysis. High-throughput RNAi by soaking in Caenorhabtis elegans -- Tools for integrative genomics: genome-wide RNAi and expression profiling in Drosophila -- Microarray analysis and RNA silencing to determine genes functionally important in mesothelioma -- High-throughput RNA interference -- Generation of highly specific vector-based shRNAi libraries directed against the entire human genome.
- RNA interference, editing, and modification 2004, Springer Protocols
- RNA metabolism in trypanosomes 2012, Springer1. RNA polymerases and transcription factors of trypanosomes / Arthur Günzl -- 2. SL RNA biogenesis in kinetoplastids: a long and winding road / Nancy R. Sturm, Jesse R. Zamudio, and David A. Campbell -- 3. Pre-mRNA splicing in trypanosoma brucei: factors, mechanisms, and regulation / Christian Preusser, Nicolas Jaé, Arthur Günzl, and Albrecht Bindereif -- 4. mRNA turnover in trypanosomes / Christine Clayton -- 5. tRNA biogenesis and processing / Jessica L. Spears, Mary Anne T. Rubio, Paul J. Sample, and Juan D. Alfonzo -- 6. rRNA biogensis in trypanosomes / Shulamit Michaeli -- 7. RNA editing in African trypanosomes: a U-ser's G-U-ide / H. Ulrich Göringer -- 8. The RNA interference pathway in trypanosoma brucei / Elisabetta Ullu, Nikolay G. Kolev, Rebecca L. Barnes, and Christian Tschudi -- 9. Translation in trypanosomatids -- 10. Mitochondrial translation in trypanosomatids / Dmitri A. Maslov and Rajendra K. Agrawal -- 11. RNA-Seq analysis of the transcriptome of trypanosoma brucei / Jan Mani, Kapila Gunasekera, and Isabel Roditi.
- RNA methodologies. 4th ed. 2010, ScienceDirectRNA and the cellular biochemistry revisited -- RNA isolation strategies -- The truth about tissues -- Going green : RNA and the molecular biology of plants -- Isolation of polyadenylated RNA -- Quality control for RNA preparations -- Resilient ribonucleases -- Stringency : conditions that influence nucleic acid structure -- Electrophoresis of RNA -- Photodocumentation and image analysis -- Northern analysis -- Nucleic acid probe technology -- Practical nucleic acid hybridization -- Principles of detection -- Quantifications of specific mRNAs by nuclease protection -- Analysis of nuclear RNA -- cDNA synthesis -- RT-PCR : a science and an art form -- Quantitative PCR techniques -- Functional genomics and transcript profiling -- High-throughput analysis of gene expression -- Non-array methods for global analysis of gene expression -- RNAi : take a RISC-role the dicer -- Genomes, transcriptomes, proteomes, and bioinformatics -- An RNA paradigm.
- RNA modification 2007, ScienceDirect
- RNA nanotechnology and therapeutics 2014, CRCnetBASE
- RNA polymerases and associated factors. Part C-D pt. C-D, 2003., ScienceDirectpt. D ScienceDirect
- RNA processing. Part A, General methods ScienceDirect
- RNA processing. Part B, Specific methods ScienceDirect
- RNA silencing 2005, Springer ProtocolsDetection of microRNAs and assays to monitor microRNA activities in vivo and in vitro / Marianthi Kiriakidou ... [et al.] -- High-throughput analysis of microRNA gene expression using sensitive probes / Mouldy Sioud and Øystein Røsok -- Modification of human U1 snRNA for inhibition of gene expression at the level of pre-mRNA / Peng Liu ... [et al.].Identification of components of RNAi pathways using the tandem affinity purification method / Mikiko C. Siomi and Haruhiko Siomi -- Separation of Drosophila RNA silencing complexes by native gel electrophoresis / John W. Pham and Erik J. Sontheimer -- Preparation and analysis of drosha / Yoontae Lee and V. Narry Kim -- RNA interference in Caenorhabditis elegans / Nathaniel R. Dudley and Bob Goldstein -- Down-regulating gene expression by RNA interference in Trypanosoma brucei / Christine E. Clayton ... [et al.] -- Analysis of double-stranded RNA and small RNAs involved in RNA-mediated transcriptional gene silencing / M. Florian Mette ... [et al.] -- Strategies for the design of random siRNA libraries and the selection of anti-GFP siRNAs / Mouldy Sioud and Sébastien Wälchli -- Silencing gene expression with dicer-generated siRNA pools / Jason W. Myers and James E. Ferrell Jr. --Inhibition of gene expression in vivo using multiplex siRNA / Sung-Suk Chae and Timothy Hla -- Gene silencing by a DNA vector based RNAi technology / Guangchao Sui and Yang Shi -- Plasmid-based RNA interference: construction of small-hairpin RNA expression vectors / Scott Q. Harper and Beverly L. Davidson -- SiRNA delivery in vivo / Mouldy Sioud -- Peptide-based strategy for siRNA delivery into mammalian cells / Federica Simeoni ... [et al.] -- Lentiviral vector delivery of siRNA and shRNA encoding genes into cultured and primary hematopoietic cells / Mingjie Li and John J. Rossi -- Exon-specific RNA interference: a tool to determine the functional relevance of proteins encoded by alternatively spliced mRNAs / Alicia M. Celotto, Joo-Won Lee, and Brenton R. Graveley -- Immunoprecipitation of microRNPs and directional cloning of microRNAs / Elisavet Maniataki, Maria Dels Angels De Planell Saguer, and Zissimos Mourelatos --
- RNA technologies and their applications 2010, SpringerThe key features of RNA silencing / Kuniaki Saito ... [et al.] -- Selected strategies for the delivery of siRNA in vitro and in vivo / Sandra D. Laufer ... [et al.] -- RNAi suppression and its application / Xiaoping Yi, Rui Lu -- Strategies to prevent siRNA-triggered cellular toxicity / Matthias Bauer -- RNAi in malignant brain tumors: relevance to molecular and translational research / Mitsutoshi Nakada ... [et al.] -- Silencing Huntington's disease gene with RNAi / Yu Zhang, Robert M. Friedlander -- Application of Dicer-substrate siRNA in pain research / Philippe Sarret ... [et al.] -- RNAi treatment of HIV-1 infection / Karin J. von Eije, Ben Berkhout -- Application of RNA interference to treat conditions associated with dysregulation of transient receptor potential vanilloid 1 channel / Vickram Ramkumar ... [et al.] -- Harnessing RNAi-based functional genomics to unravel the molecular complexity underlying skin pigment variation / Hsiang Ho ... [et al.] --mRNA structure and its effects on posttranscriptional gene silencing / Stephen I. Rudnick, Veenu Aishwarya, Alan M. Gewirtz -- Antisense RNA-mediated regulation of the p53 tumor suppressor / Marianne Farnebo, Klas G. Wiman -- Antisense oligonucleotides: insights from preclinical studies and clinical trials / Doreen Kunze, Kai Kraemer, Susanne Fuessel -- What can the new hammerhead ribozyme structures teach us about design? / William G. Scott -- microRNA biogenesis and its impact on RNA interference / Stefanie Grund, Sven Diederichs -- MicroRNAs in epithelial antimicrobial immunity / Jun Liu ... [et al.] -- Emerging roles of long noncoding RNAs in gene expression and intracellular organization / Tetsuro Hirose -- Noncoding RNAs as therapeutic targets / Maciej Szymański, Jan Barciszewski -- Noncoding RNAs at H19/IGF2 locus: role in imprinting, gene expression, and associated pathologies / Nahalie Berteaux, Nathalie Spruyt, Eric Adriaenssens.
- RNA technologies in cardiovascular medicine and research 2008, Springer
- RNA towards medicine 2006, Springer
- RNA trafficking and nuclear structure dynamics 2008, Springer
- RNA turnover in bacteria, archaea and organelles 2008, ScienceDirect
- RNA turnover in eukaryotes 2008, ScienceDirect
- RNA turnover in eukaryotes 2008, ScienceDirect
- RNA world. 3rd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- RNA-protein interaction protocols. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer Protocols1. Isolation of a sequence-specific RNA binding protein, polypyrimidine tract binding protein using RNA affinity chromatography / Shalini Sharma -- 2. An affinity oligonucleotide displacement strategy to purify ribonucleoprotein complexes applied to human telomerase /Isabel Kurth, Gaël Cristofari, Joachim Lingner -- 3. RNA affinity tags for the rapid purification and investigation of RNAs and RNA-protein complexes / Scott C. Walker ... [et al.] -- 4. Assembly and glycerol gradient isolation of yeast spliceosomes containing transcribed or synthetic U6 SnRNA / Ken Dery, Shyue-Lee Yean, Ren-Jang Lin -- 5. Purification of ribonucleoproteins using peptide-elutable antibodies and other affinity techniques / Scott Stevens -- 6. CLIP: cross-linking and immunoprecipitation of in vivo RNA targets of RNA binding proteins / Kirk B Jensen, Robert B. Darnell -- 7. Quantitative analysis of protein-RNA interactions by gel mobility shift / Sean P. Ryder, Michael I. Recht, James R. Williamson -- 8. Monitoring assembly of ribonucleoprotein complexes by isothermal titration calorimetry / Michael I. Recht, Sean P. Ryder, James R. Williamson -- 9. Characterization of RNA-protein interactions by phosphorothioate footprinting and its applications to the ribosome / A. Ozlem Tastan Bishop, ... [et al.] -- 10. In vivo analysis of ribonucleoprotein complexes using nucleotide analog interference mapping / Lara Weinstein Szewczak -- 11. T7 RNA polymerase mediated incorporation of 8-N3AMP into RNA for studying protein-RNA interactions / Rajesh Gaur -- 12. A simple crosslinking method, CLAMP, to map the sites of RNA contacting domains within a protein / Hiren Banerjee, Ravinder Singh -- 13. Proteins specifically modified with a chemical nuclease as probes of RNA-protein interaction / Oliver A. Ken, Andrew M. MacMillan -- 14. RNA-protein crosslink mapping using TEV protease / Ian A. Turner, ... [et al.] -- 15 Structural analysis of protein-RNA interactions with mass spectrometry / Mamuka Kvaratskhelia, Stuart F.J. Le Grice -- 16. Analysing RNA-protein cross-linking sites in unlabeled ribonucleoprotein complexes by mass spectrometry / Henning Urlaub, Eva Kühn-Hölsken, Reinhard Lührmann --17. In vitro selection of random RNA fragments to identify protein binding sites within large RNAs / Ulrich Stelzl, Knud H. Nierhaus -- 18. Immunoprecipitation analysis to study RNA-protein interactions in xenopus oocytes / Naoto Mabuchi, Kaoru Masuyama, Mutsuhito Ohno -- 19. Mapping the regions of RNase P catalytic RNA that are potentially in close contact with its protein cofactor / Phong Trang, Fenyong Liu -- 20. Quantification of microRNAs, splicing isoforms, and homologous mRNAs with the invader assay / Peggy S. Eis, Mariano Garcia-Blanco -- 21. Analysis of RNA structure and RNA-protein interactions in mammalian cells by use of terminal transferase-dependent PCR / Hsiu-Hua Chen, Jeanne LeBon, Arthur D. Riggs -- 22. Duplex unwinding and RNP remodeling with RNA helicases / Eckhard Jankowsky, Margaret E. Fairman -- 23. Preparation of efficient splicing extracts from whole cells, nuclei, and cytoplasmic fractions / Naoyuki Kataoka, Gideon Dreyfuss -- 24. Designing and utilization of siRNAs targeting RNA-binding proteins / Dong-Ho Kim, Mark Behlke, John J. Rossi -- 25. The use of saccharomyces cerevisiae proteomic libraries to identify RNA-modifying proteins / Jane E. Jackman, Eric M. Phizicky.
- RNAi 2008, Springer Protocols
- RNAi technology 2011, CRCnetBASE"RNA interference (RNAi) is a system within living cells that helps to control active genes and their activity level. Two types of small RNA molecules--microRNA (miRNA) and small interfering RNA (siRNA)--are central to RNA interference. The discovery of RNAi was preceded first by observations of transcriptional inhibition by antisense RNA expressed in transgenic plants and more directly by reports of unexpected outcomes in experiments performed by plant scientists in the U.S. and The Netherlands in the early 1990s. RNAi technology are used for large-scale screens that systematically shut down each gene in the cell, which can help identify the components necessary for a particular cellular process or an event such as cell division. Exploitation of the pathway is also a promising tool in biotechnology and medicine. This book reviews the selective and robust effect of RNAi on gene expression which makes it a valuable research tool, both in cell culture and in living organisms because synthetic dsRNA introduced into cells can induce suppression of specific genes of interest. This book will introduce new technology in the study of RNA interference in microorganisms, plants and animals."--Provided by publisher.
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease. 7th ed Lane Catalog record
- Robbins and Cotran Pathologic basis of disease. 8th ed. 2010, MD Consult
- Cell injury, cell death, and adaptations -- Acute and chronic inflammation -- Tissue repair : regeneration, healing, and fibrosis -- Hemodynamic disorders, thrombosis, and shock -- Diseases of the immune system -- Neoplasia / Thomas P. Stricker, Vinay Kumar -- Environmental and nutritional diseases -- General pathology of infectious diseases -- The blood vessels -- The heart / Frederick J. Schoen, Richard N. Mitchell -- The hematopoietic and lymphoid systems / Jon C. Aster -- The lung / Anirban Maitra, Vinay Kumar -- The kidney and its collecting system / Charles E. Alpers , Agnes B. Fogo -- The oral cavity and gastrointestinal tract -- The liver, gallbladder, and biliary tract -- The pancreas -- The male genital system -- The female genital system / Anthony Montag, Vinay Kumar -- The endocrine system / Anirban Maitra -- The musculoskeletal system -- The skin / Alexander J.F. Lazar -- The nervous system / Matthew P. Frosch.
- Robotic urologic surgery. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerPt. 1. Introduction to robotic surgery -- Pt. 2. Robotic surgery of the prostate -- Pt. 3. Kidney and adrenals -- Pt. 4. Bladder cancer -- Pt. 5. Pediatric urology -- Pt. 6. Robotic microsurgery -- Pt. 7. Allied health -- Pt. 8. Executive.
- Robotic urology 2008, Springer
- Robotics in genito-urinary surgery 2011, Springer
- Robust statistical methods with R 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Biomechanics of fixation and fractures /Allan F. Tencer --Classification of fractures /Douglas R. Dirschl and Lisa K. Cannada-- Management of the multiply injured patient /Hans-Christoph Pape and Peter Giannoudis --The epidemiology of fractures. pt. 1. Overview of epidemiology /Charles M. Court-Brown and Benjamin C. Caesar --pt. 2. Experience in the United States /Kenneth J. Koval and Michael Cooley --Nonoperative fracture treatment /John F. Connolly --Principles of internal fixation /Christian Krettek and Thomas Gösling --Principles of external fixation /J. Tracy Watson --Bone and joint healing /Joseph A. Buckwalter, Thomas A. Einhorn and J.L. Marsh --Bone grafting and enhancement of fracture repair /Sanjeev Kakar, Eleftherios Tsiridis, and Thomas A. Einhorn --Outcome studies in trauma /Mohit Bhandari --Imaging considerations in orthopaedic trauma /Andrew H. Schmidt and Kerry M. Kallas --Initial management of open fractures /Steven A. Olson and Mark C. Willis --Acute compartment syndrome /Margaret M. McQueen --Penetrating trauma /Edward A. Perez --War wounds, limb salvage, and traumatic amputations /Paul J. Dougherty --Bone and soft tissue reconstruction /Lior Heller and L. Scott Levin --Systemic complications /David C. Templeman and William A. Marinelli --Local complications /Kirti D. Moholkar and Bruce H. Ziran --Osteoporotic fractures /Magnus K. Karlsson, Karl Obrant and Per Olof Josefsson --Pathologic fractures /Kristy L. Weber --Stress fractures /David C. Teague --Periprosthetic fractures. pt. 1. Periprosthetic fractures of the elbow and shoulder /Robert H. Cofield ... [et al.] --pt. 2. Periprosthetic fractures about total hip and total knee replacements /Jay D. Mabrey --Computer-aided orthopaedic surgery in skeletal trauma /Meir Liebergall, Rami Mosheiff, and Leo Joskowicz --Fractures and dislocations of the hand /Mark H. Henry --Fractures and dislocations of the carpus /Christian Gaebler --Fractures of the distal radius and ulna /David S. Ruch --Fractures of the shafts of the radius and ulna /Ralph Hertel and Dominique A. Rothenfluh --Fractures and dislocations of the elbow /David Ring --Fractures of the distal humerus /C. Michael Robinson --Fractures of the shaft of the humerus /Michael D. McKee --Fractures of the proximal humerus /Jon J. P. Warner, John G. Costouros and Christian Gerber --Fractures of the clavicle /Mark D. Lazarus and Carl Seon --Fractures of the scapula /Kenneth P. Butters --Subluxations and dislocations about the glenohumeral joint /Young W. Kwon and Joseph D. Zuckerman --Acromioclavicular joint injuries /Leesa M. Galatz and Gerald R. Williams, Jr. --Injuries to the sternoclavicular joint /Gregory J. Gilot, Michael A. Wirth and Charles A. Rockwood, Jr. --Principles of spine trauma care /Sohail K. Mirza, Carlo Bellabarba and Jens R. Chapman --Injuries of the craniocervical junction /Carlo Bellabarba, Sohail D. Mirza and Jens R. Chapman --Fractures and dislocations of the lower cervical spine /Christopher M. Bono --Fractures and dislocations of the thoracolumbar spine /Robert K. Eastlack and Christopher M. Bono --Fractures of the pelvic ring /Adam J. Starr and A. Steven Malekzadeh --Fractures of the acetabulum /Mark C. Reilly --Hip dislocations and fractures of the femoral head /Paul Tornetta III --Fractures of the neck of the femur /Ross K. Leighton --Intertrochanteric fractures /Kenneth J. Koval and Robert V. Cantu --Subtrochanteric fractures /Kwok-sui Leung --Fractures of the shaft of the femur /Sean E. Nork --Fractures of the distal femur /Peter J. OBrien ... [et al.] --Fractures of the patella and injuries to the extensor mechanism /Robert M. Harris --Fractures of the proximal tibia /Kenneth A. Egol and Kenneth J. Koval --Dislocations and fracture-dislocations of the knee /Robert C. Schenck, Jr., James P. Stannard, and Daniel C. Wascher --Fractures of the tibia and fibula /Charles M. Court-Brown --Ankle fractures /J.L. Marsh and Charles L. Saltzman --Fractures of the talus /David W. Sanders --Fractures of the calcaneus /Roy W. Sanders and Michael P. Clare --Fractures and dislocations of the midfoot and forefoot /John S. Early.
- Rockwood and Green's Fractures in adults. 7th ed. v. 1-2, 2010.Biomechanics of fractures and fracture fixation -- Classification of fractures -- The epidemiology of fractures -- Bone and joint healing -- Biological and biophysical technologies for the enhancement of fracture repair -- Principles of nonoperative fracture treatment -- Principles of internal fixation -- Principles of external fixation -- Management of the multiply injured patient -- Initial management of open fractures -- Gunshot and wartime injuries -- Principles of mangled extremity management -- Amputations -- Bone and soft tissue reconstruction -- Outcome studies in trauma -- Imaging considerations in orthopaedic trauma -- Computer-aided orthopaedic surgery in skeletal trauma -- Principles of osteoporosis and fragility fractures -- Stress fractures -- Pathologic fractures -- Periprosthetic fractures -- Systemic complications -- Principles of complex regional pain syndrome -- Orthopaedic infections and osteomyelitis -- Principles of nonunion treatment -- Principles of malunions -- Acute compartment syndrome -- Hand fractures and dislocations -- Carpus fractures and dislocations -- Distal radius and ulna fractures -- Radial and ulnar shaft fractures -- Elbow fractures and dislocations -- Distal humerus fractures -- Humeral shaft fractures -- Proximal humerus fractures -- Clavicle fractures -- Scapular fractures -- Glenohumeral joint subluxations, dislocations, and instability -- Acromioclavicular joint injuries -- Sternoclavicular joint injuires -- Principles of spine trauma care -- Cervical spine fractures and dislocations -- Thoracolumbar spine fractures and dislocations -- Pelvic ring fractures -- Acetabulum fractures -- Hip dislocations and fractures of the femoral head -- Femoral neck fractures -- Intertrochanteric fractures -- Subtrochanteric fractures -- Femoral shaft fractures -- Distal femur fractures -- Patella fractures and extensor mechanism injuries -- Tibial plateau fractures -- Knee dislocations and fracture-dislocations -- Tibia and fibula fractures -- Pilon fractures -- Ankle fractures -- Talus fractures -- Calcaneus fractures -- Fractures and dislocations of the midfoot and forefoot.
- Incidence of fractures in children / Kaye E. Wilkins and Alaric J. Aroojis -- The biologic aspects of children's fractures / Cory J. Xian and Bruce K. Foster -- Pain relief and related concerns in children's fractures / Joseph R. Furman -- Management of the multiply injured child / Robert M. Kay and Vernon T. Tolo -- Physeal injuries and growth disturbances / Karl E. Rathjen and John G. Birch -- Pathologic fractures associated with tumors and unique conditions of the musculoskeletal system / John P. Dormans and John M. Flynn -- Child abuse / Robert M. Campbell, Jr. and Timothy Schrader -- Fractures and dislocations of the hand and carpus in children / Scott H. Kozin and Peter M. Waters -- Fractures of the distal radius and ulna / Peter M. Waters and Alexander D. Mih -- Injuries to the shafts of the radius and ulna / Charles T. Mehlman and Eric J. Wall -- Fractures of the proximal radius and ulna / Robert E. Eilert and Mark A. Erickson -- Monteggia fracture-dislocation in children / José F. de la Garza --The elbow region: general concepts in the pediatric patient / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Supracondylar fractures of the distal humerus / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- The elbow: physeal fractures, apophyseal injuries of the distal humerus, osteonecrosis of the trochlea, and t-condylar fractures / James H. Beaty and James R. Kasser -- Dislocations of the elbow / Anthony A. Stans and Stephen D. Heinrich -- Proximal humerus, scapula, and clavicle / John F. Sarwark, Erik C. King, and Scott J. Luhmann -- Cervical spine injuries in children / William C. Warner, Jr. and Daniel J. Hedequist -- Thoracolumbar spine fractures / Peter O. Newton -- Fractures of the pelvis / Roger F. Widmann -- Fractures and traumatic dislocations of the hip in children / R. Dale Blasier and Laurie O. Hughes -- Femoral shaft fractures / James R. Kasser and James H. Beaty -- Extra-articular injuries of the knee / David L. Skaggs -- Intra-articular injuries of the knee / Mininder S. Kocher -- Fractures of the shaft of the tibia and fibula / Stephen D. Heinrich and James F. Mooney III -- Distal tibial and fibular fractures / R. Jay Cummings -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot / James G. Jarvis and Paul J. Moroz.
- Epidemiology of fractures in children -- The biologic aspects of children's fractures -- Pain relief and related concerns in children's fractures -- Management of the multiply injured child -- Physeal injuries and growth disturbances -- Pathologic fractures associated with tumors and unique conditions of the musculoskeletal system -- The orthopaedic recognition of child maltreatment -- Fractures and dislocations of the hand and carpus in children -- Fractures of the distal radius and ulna -- Injuries to the shafts of the radius and ulna -- Fractures of the proximal radius and ulna -- Monteggia fracture-dislocation in children -- The elbow region: general concepts in the pediatric patient -- Supracondylar fractures of the distal humerus -- The elbow: physeal fractures, apophyseal injuries of the distal humerus, osteonecrosis of the trochlea, and T-condylar fractures -- Dislocation of the elbow -- Proximal humerus, scapula, and clavicle -- Cervical spine injuries in children -- Thoracolumbar spine fractures -- Fractures of the pelvis -- Fractures and traumatic dislocations of the hip in children -- Femoral shaft fractures -- Extra-articular injuries of the knee -- Intra-articular injuries of the knee -- Fractures of the shaft of the tibia and fibula -- Distal tibial and fibular fractures -- Fractures and dislocations of the foot.
- Innate immunity -- Specific acquired immunity -- Antibodies -- Membrane receptors for antigen -- The primary interaction with antigen -- Immunological methods and applications -- The anatomy of the immune response -- Lymphocyte activation -- The production of effectors -- Control mechanisms -- Ontogeny and phylogeny -- Adversarial strategies during infection -- Vaccines -- Immunodeficiency -- Hypersensitivity -- Transplantation -- Tumor immunology -- Autoimmune diseases.
- Role of apoptosis in infection 2005, SpringerMechanisms of apoptosis during reovirus infection /P. Clarke ... [et al.] --Poliovirus, pathogenesis of poliomyelitis, and apoptosis /B. Blondel ... [et al.] --Neuronal cell death in alphavirus encephalomyelitis /D. E. Griffin --HSV-induced apoptosis in herpes encephalitis /L. Aurelian --Therole of apoptosis in defense against baculovirus infection in insects /R. J. Clem --Therole of host cell death in Salmonella infections /D. G. Guiney --Role of macrophage apoptosis in the pathogenesis of Yersinia /Y. Zhang, J. B. Bliska --Entamoeba histolytica activates host cell caspases during contact-dependent cell killing /D. R. Boettner, W. A. Petri --Interactions between malaria and mosquitoes : the role of apoptosis in parasite establishment and vector response to infection /H. Hurd, V. Carter, A. Nacer --Apoptosis and its modulation during infection with Toxoplasma gondii : molecular mechanisms and role in pathogenesis /C. G. K. Luder, U. Gross --Modulation of the immune response in the nervous system by rabies virus /M. Lafon --Apoptotic cells at the crossroads of tolerance and immunity /M. Skoberne ... [et al.].
- Role of DNA damage and repair in cell aging. 1st ed. 2001., ScienceDirect
- Role of genetics in breast and reproductive cancers 2009, Springer
- Role of glia in neurotoxicity. 2nd ed. 2005, CRCnetBASE
- To examine how purchasers and payers interact with the various components of the clinical research enterprise and to understand their perspective on what vision of the enterprise should be.
- Role of Sphingolipids in Cancer Development and Therapy 2013, ScienceDirect
- Role of the hospital in medieval England Lane Catalog record
- Role of the nucleus of the solitary tract in gustatory processing 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Roles of vasopressin and oxytocin in memory processing Lane Catalog record
- Rook's Textbook of dermatology. 7th ed. v. 1-4, 2004.V. 1. Introduction and historical bibliography -- Comparative dermatology -- Anatomy and organization of human skin -- Functions of the skin -- Diagnosis of skin disease -- Epidemiology of skin disease -- Histopathology of the skin: general principles -- Molecular biology -- Inflammation -- Clinical immunology, allergy and photoimmunology -- Would healing -- Genetics and genodermatoses -- Prenatal diagnosis of genetic skin disease -- The neonate -- Naevi and other developmental defects -- Pruritus -- Eczema, lichenification, prurigo and erythroderma -- Atopic dermatitis -- Contact dermatitis: irritant -- Contact dermatitis: allergic -- Occupational dermatoses -- Mechanical and thermal injury -- V. 2. Reactions to cold -- Cutaneous photobiology -- Virus infections -- AIDS and the skin -- Bacterial infections -- Mycobacterial infections -- Leprosy -- The treponematoses -- Mycology -- Parasitic worms and protozoa -- Diseases caused by arthropods and other noxious animals -- Disorders of keratinization -- Psoriasis -- Non-melanoma skin cancer and other epidermal skin tumours -- Tumours of the skin appendages -- Disorders of the cutaneous melanocyte --Disorders of skin colour -- Genetic blistering diseases -- Immunobullous diseases -- V. 3. Lichen planus and lichenoid disorders -- Disorders of the sebaceous glands -- Rosacea, perioral dermatitis and similar dermatoses, flushing and flushing syndromes -- Disorders of sweat glands -- Disorders of connective tissue -- Urticaria and mastocytosis -- Purpura and microvascular occlusion -- Vasculitis and neutrophilic vascular reactions -- Diseases of the veins and arteries: leg ulcers -- Disorders of lymphatic vessels -- Histiocytoses -- Soft-tissue tumours and tumour-like conditions -- Cutaneous lymphomas and lymphocytic infiltrates -- Subcutaneous fat -- The 'connective tissue diseases' -- Metabolic and nutritional disorders -- Sarcoidosis -- Systemic disease and the skin -- The skin and the nervous system -- V. 4. Psychocutaneous disorders -- Disorders of nails -- Disorders of hair -- The skin and the eyes -- The external ear -- The oral cavity and lips -- The breast -- The genital, perianal and umbilical regions -- Racial influences on skin disease -- The ages of man and their dermatoses -- General aspects of treatment -- Systemic therapy -- Drug reactions -- Erythema multiforme, Stevens-Johnson syndrome and toxic epidermal necrolysis -- Topical therapy -- Radiotherapy and reactions to ionizing radiation -- Physical and laser therapies -- Dermatological surgery.
- Root genomics 2011, SpringerWith the predicted increase of the human population and the subsequent need for larger food supplies, root health in crop plants could play a major role in providing sustainable highly productive crops that can cope with global climate changes. While the essentiality of roots and their relation to plant performance is broadly recognized, less is known about their role in plant growth and development. "Root Genomics" examines how various new genomic technologies are rapidly being applied to the study of roots, including high-throughput sequencing and genotyping, Tilling, transcription
- Roots of visual awareness. 1st ed. 2004, ScienceDirect
- Rosai and Ackerman's Surgical pathology. 9th ed. v. 1-2, 2004.Accompanying CD-ROMs contain all the 4000 illustrations, together with the tables.
- "This best-selling emergency department reference is now in its thoroughly updated Fourth Edition. The foremost authorities provide practical information on over 600 clinical problems in a fast-access two-page outline format that's perfect for on-the-spot consultation during care in the emergency department. Coverage of each disorder includes clinical presentation, pre-hospital, diagnosis, treatment, disposition, and ICD-10 coding. Icons enable practitioners to quickly spot the information they need. This edition provides up-to-date information on topics such as emerging infections, new protocols, and new treatments"--Provided by publisher.
- Rosen's Breast pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, OvidCh. 1. Anatomy and physiologic morphology -- Ch. 2. Abnormalities of mammary growth and development -- Ch. 3. Inflammatory and reactive tumors -- Ch. 4. Specific infections -- Ch. 5. Papilloma and related benign tumors -- Ch. 6. Myoepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 7. Adenosis and microglandular adenosis -- Ch. 8. Fibroepithelial neoplasms -- Ch. 9. Ductal hyperplasia: ordinary and atypical -- Ch. 10. Precancerous breast disease: epidemiologic, pathologic, and clinical considerations -- Ch. 11. In Situ (intraepithelial) carcinoma: an overview -- Ch. 12. Staging of breast carcinoma -- Ch. 13. Intraductal carcinoma -- Ch. 14. Invasive duct carcinoma: assessment of prognosis, morphologic prognostic markers, and tumor growth rate -- Ch. 15. Tubular carcinoma -- Ch. 16. Papillary carcinoma -- Ch. 17. Medullary carcinoma -- Ch. 18. Carcinoma with metaplasia -- Ch. 19. Squamous carcinoma -- Ch. 20. Mucinous carcinoma -- Ch. 21. Apocrine carcinoma -- Ch. 22. Mammary carcinoma with endocrine features -- Ch. 23. Small cell (oat cell) carcinoma -- Ch. 24. Secretory carcinoma -- Ch. 25. Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like.giant cells -- Ch. 26. Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia -- Ch. 27. Adenoid cystic carcinoma -- Ch. 28. Cribriform carcinoma -- Ch. 29. Lipid-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 30. Gylcogen-rich carcinoma -- Ch. 31. Invasive micropapillary carcinoma -- Ch. 32. Paget's disease of the nipple -- Ch. 33. Lobular carcinoma In Situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia -- Ch. 34. Invasive lobular carcinoma -- Ch. 35. Unusual clinical presentations of carcinoma -- Ch. 36. Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms -- Ch. 37. Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast -- Ch. 38. Carcinoma of the male breast -- Ch. 39. Breast tumors in children -- Ch. 40. Benign mesenchymal neoplasms -- Ch. 41. Sarcoma -- Ch. 42. Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors -- Ch. 43. Pathologic effects of therapy -- Ch. 44. Cutaneous neoplasms -- Ch. 45. The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes -- Ch. 46. Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens.
- Rosen's Breast pathology. 3rd ed. 2009, OvidAnatomy and physiological morphology --Abnormalities of mammary growth and development --Inflammatory and reactive tumors --Specific infections --Papilloma and related benign tumors --Myoepithelial neoplasms --Adenosis and microglandular adenosis --Fibroepithelial neoplasms --Ductal hyperplasia: usual and atypical --Precancerous breast disease: epidemiological, pathological, and clinical considerations --Intraductal carcinoma --Invasive duct carcinoma: assessment of prognosis, morphologic prognostic markers, and tumor growth rate --Tubular carcinoma --Papillary carcinoma --Medullary carcinoma --Carcinoma with metaplasia --Squamous carcinoma --Mucinous carcinoma --Apocrine carcinoma --Mammary carcinomas with endocrine features --Small cell (oat cell) carcinoma --Secretory carcinoma --Mammary carcinoma with osteoclast-like giant cells --Cystic hypersecretory carcinoma and cystic hypersecretory hyperplasia --Adenoid cystic carcinoma --Cribriform carcinoma --Lipid-rich carcinoma --Glycogen-rich carcinoma --Invasive micropapillary carcinoma --Paget's disease of the nipple --Lobular carcinoma in situ and atypical lobular hyperplasia --Invasive lobular carcinoma --Unusual clinical presentations of carcinoma --Metastases in the breast from nonmammary malignant neoplasms --Benign proliferative lesions of the male breast --Carcinoma of the male breast --Breast tumors of children --Benign mesenchymal neoplasms --Sarcoma --Lymphoid and hematopoietic tumors --Pathologic effects of therapy --Cutaneous neoplasms --The pathology of axillary and intramammary lymph nodes --Pathologic examination of breast and lymph node specimens, including sentinel lympth nodes.
- Rosen's Emergency medicine. 6th ed. v. 1-3, 2006.
- Rosen's Emergency medicine. 7th ed. 2009, MD Consult
- Rosetta Stone of the human mind 2007, Springer
- Rotator cuff tear 2012, KargerEpidemiology, genetics, and biological factors of rotator cuff tears / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Biomechanics of the rotator cuff : European perspective / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Role of biomechanics in rotator cuff pathology : North American perspective / Karas, V.; Cole, B.J.; Wang, V.M. -- The scapula in rotator cuff disease / Ben Kibler, W. -- Instability and rotator cuff tear / Porcellini, G. ... [et al.] -- Growth factors and tendon healing / Oliva, F. ... [et al.] -- Autologous blood products in rotator cuff repair / Mei-Dan, O.; Carmont, M.R. -- Tendinopathy of the long head of the biceps / Snyder, G.M.; Mair, S.D.; Lattermann, C. -- Conservative treatment and rotator cuff tear progression / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Operative management of partial- and full-thickness rotator cuff tears -- Franceschi, F. ... [et al.] -- Subscapularis tears / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Single- and double-row repair for rotator cuff tears -- biology and mechanics / Papalia, R. ... [et al.] -- Arthroscopic transosseous rotator cuff repair / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Treatment options for chronic retracted degenerative rotator cuff tears / Deering, S.J.; Mair, S.D.; Lattermann, C. -- Synthetic augmentation in massive rotator cuff tears / Longo, U.G. ... [et al.] -- Understanding and preventing complications in repairing rotator cuff tears / Osti, L. ... [et al.].
- Rotaviruses Springer Protocols
- Rothman-Simeone The Spine. 5th ed. v. 1-2, 2006.V. I. Basic science. Diagnosis. Surgical anatomy and surgical approaches. Spinal fusion and instrumentation. The child's spine. Arthritis and inflammatory disorders -- V. II. Cervical degenerative disorders. Thoracic and lumbar disc disease. Spinal stenosis. Adult deformity. Spine trauma. Afflictions of the vertebrae. Spinal cord. Complications. Failed surgery. Rehabilitation.
- Rothman-Simeone The Spine. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2011.v. 1. Basic science -- Diagnosis -- Surgical anatomy and approaches -- The child's spine -- Arthritis and inflammatory disorders -- Cervical degenerative disorders -- Thoracic and lumbar disc disease -- Minimally invasive surgery -- v. 2. Spinal stenosis -- Spinal fusion and instrumentation -- Adult deformity -- Spine trauma -- Afflictions of the vertebrae -- Spinal cord -- Complications -- Failed surgery -- Chronic pain/rehabilitation.
- Rotifera X 2005, Springer
- RT-PCR protocols 2002, Springer Protocols
- Rubella viruses 2007., ScienceDirect
- Inflammation / Hedwig S. Murphy -- Repair, regeneration, and fibrosis / Gregory C. Sephel, Stephen C. Woodward -- Immunopathology / Jeffrey S. Warren, Douglas P. Bennett, Roger J. Pomerantz -- Neoplasia / Antonio Giordano ... [et al.] -- Developmental and genetic diseases / Anthony A. Killeen, Emanuel Rubin, David S. Strayer -- Hemodynamic disorders / Bruce M. McManus, Michael F. Allard, Robert Yanagawa -- Environmental and nutritional pathology / David S. Strayer, Emanuel Rubin -- Infectious and parasitic diseases / David A. Schwartz ... [et al.] -- Blood vessels / Avrum I. Gotlieb -- The heart / Jeffrey E. Saffitz -- The respiratory system / Mary Beth Beasley, William D. Travis, Emanuel Rubin -- The gastrointestinal tract / Frank A. Mitros, Emanuel Rubin -- The liver and biliary system / Raphael Rubin, Emanuel Rubin -- The pancreas / Gregory Y. Lauwers, Mari Mino-Kenudson, Raphael Rubin -- The kidney / J. Charles Jennette -- The lower urinary tract and male reproductive system / Ivan Damjanov -- The female reproductive system / Stanley J. Robboy, Maria J. Merino, George L. Mutter -- The breast / Ann D. Thor, Adeboye O. Osunkoya -- Hematopathology / Roland Schwarting, Steven McKenzie, Raphael Rubin -- The endocrine system / Maria Merino ... [et al.] -- Obesity, diabetes mellitus, metabolic syndrome / Barry J. Goldstein, Serge Jabbour, Kevin Furlong -- The amyloidoses / Robert Kisilevsky -- The skin / Craig A. Storm, David E. Elder -- The head and neck / Bruce M. Wenig -- Bones and joints / Benjamin L. Hoch, Michael J. Klein, Alan L. Schiller -- Skeletal muscle / Lawrence C. Kenyon, Mark T. Curtis -- The nervous system / John Q. Trojanowski, Lawrence Kenyon, Thomas W. Bouldin -- The eye / Gordon K. Klintworth -- Cytopathology / Hormoz Ehya, Marluce Bibbo.
- Ruby in a nutshell 2002, ProQuest Safari
- Ruby programming language. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.
- Running group visits in your practice 2009, Springer
- Running Linux. 5th ed. rev. & expanded / 2006, ProQuest Safari
- Rural surgery 2011, Springer
- Russische Karrieren-- Leibärzte im 19. Jahrhundert SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Includes 80 biobibliographies of German, Baltic and Russian personal physicians.
- Ryan's Ballistic trauma. 3rd ed. 2011, SpringerPart 1. Personal Views -- A Personal View / James M. Ryan -- A Personal Experience / Damian Douglas Keene -- The War in West Philadelphia / John P. Pryor -- Part 2. Weapons, Blast and Ballistics -- How Guns Work / Mark Byers, Kerry Starkey and Peter F. Mahoney -- The Effects of Bullets / Donald H. Jenkins -- Bombs, Mines, and Fragmentation / Toney W. Baskin and John B. Holcomb -- Cluster Munitions / Henry Dowlen -- Shaped Charges and Explosively Formed Projectiles / Jonathan Morrison and Peter F. Mahoney -- Suicide Bombs / Piers R. J. Page and Ian Greaves -- Blast Injury / Emrys Kirkman, Neal Jacobs, Giles R. Nordmann, Stuart Harrisson and Peter F. Mahoney, et al. -- Ballistic Protection / Alan Hepper, Daniel Longhurst, Graham Cooper and Philip Gotts -- Forensic Aspects of Ballistic Injury / Jeanine Vellema and Hendrik Scholtz -- Part 3. Trauma Systems -- Civilian Trauma Systems / Jason Smith -- The UK Military Trauma System / Timothy J. Hodgetts -- Part 4. Prehospital and the Emergency Room -- Triage / Rob Russell -- Prehospital Care / Mark Byers, John-Joe Reilly and Peter F. Mahoney -- Emergency Department Management / Jason Smith -- Imaging Triage for Ballistic Trauma / Jon David Simmons and Tracy R. Bilski -- Part 5. Advanced Resuscitation and Anaesthesia, Section -- Damage Control Resuscitation / Adam J. Brooks and Bryan A. Cotton -- Battlefield Analgesia / Aaron D. Nelson and Dominic J. Aldington -- Anesthesia for the Ballistic Casualty / Craig C. McFarland -- Regional Anesthesia for the Ballistic Trauma Victim / Dan Connor --Part 6. Clinical Care -- Damage Control Surgery: Concepts / Mark J. Midwinter and Adam J. Brooks -- Management of Ballistic Trauma to the Head / Geoffrey S. F. Ling, Chris J. Neal and James M. Ecklund -- Spinal Injury / Neil Buxton -- Eyes / Robert A. H. Scott -- Maxillofacial Ballistic Injuries / Andrew Martin Monaghan -- Neck Injury / Matthew J. Borkon and Bryan A. Cotton -- Damage Control / Benjamin Braslow, Adam J. Brooks and C. William Schwab -- Management of Vascular Trauma / Kate Brown and Nigel Tai -- Damage Control Part III: Definitive Reconstruction / Steven R. Allen, Adam J. Brooks, Patrick M. Reilly and Bryan A. Cotton -- Penetrating Genitourinary Trauma / Jay J. Doucet and David B. Hoyt -- Burns / Alan Kay -- Management of Extremity Injuries / David E. Hinsley and Jon Clasper -- Ballistic Trauma in Children / Graeme Pitcher -- Ballistic Trauma in Pregnancy / Michael J. Socher and Peter E. Nielsen -- Managing Ballistic Injury in the NGO Environment / Ari K. Leppäniemi -- Part 7. Critical Care -- Critical Care for Ballistic Trauma in Austere Environments / Christian B. Swift and Geoffrey S. F. Ling -- Transfer and Evacuation / Robert D. Tipping and Jonathan Vollam -- Critical Care Management: The Patient with Ballistic Trauma / Tim Nutbeam and Damian Douglas Keene -- Critical Care Nursing at Role Four / Clare Dutton -- The Role of Nutrition in the Treatments of Injured Military Personnel / Susan Duff, Susan Price and Jennifer Gray -- Part 8. Reconstruction & Rehabilitation -- Role 4 and Reconstruction / Steven L. A. Jeffery and Keith Porter -- Conflict Rehabilitation / John Etherington -- Part 9. And Finally -- Have You Read MASH? / Peter F. Mahoney.
- Ryanodine receptors 2005, Springer
- R and S-PLUS companion to multivariat...
- — Recent advances in psychology and agi...
- Recent advances in retinal degenerati...
- — Reparative medicine ....................
- Repetitive DNA .........................
- — Rheumatology. Clinical scenarios, syn...
- Rheumatology. Symptoms and syndromes ...
- — Ryanodine receptors ....................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty