- N-acetylaspartate — Neuroactive steroids in brain functions, behavior, and disorders (186)
- Neuroanatomical basis of clinical neurology — Neuroscience (186)
- Neuroscience in medicine. 3rd ed. — Normal ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system (186)
- Notch regulation of the immune system — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and oilseed processing (185)
NAccess restricted to Stanford Community unless noticed otherwise
- Notch regulation of the immune system 2012, SpringerThe Notch Pathway in Hematopoietic Stem Cells /Anna Bigas, Teresa D'Altri and Lluis Espinosa --Notch Receptor-Ligand Interactions During T Cell Development, a Ligand Endocytosis-Driven Mechanism /Divya K. Shah and Juan Carlos Zúñiga-Pflücker --Notch1 and IL-7 Receptor Signalling in Early T-cell Development and Leukaemia /Sara González-García, Marina García-Peydró, Juan Alcain and María L. Toribio --Notch Signaling During Human T cell Development /Tom Taghon, Els Waegemans and Inge Van de Walle --Canonical and Non-Canonical Notch Signaling in CD4+ T Cells /Lisa M. Minter and Barbara A. Osborne --The Role of Notch in the Differentiation of CD4+ T Helper Cells /Floriane Auderset, Manuel Coutaz and Fabienne Tacchini-Cottier --Notch Signaling in Alloreactive T Cell Immunity /Jooho Chung and Ivan Maillard --Notch2 and Immune Function /Mamiko Sakata-Yanagimoto and Shigeru Chiba --Recent Advances on NOTCH Signaling in T-ALL /Gannie Tzoneva and Adolfo A. Ferrando.
- Novel anticancer agents 2006, ScienceDirectA survey of novel molecular targets for anticancer drug discovery -- Microarrays: small spots produce major advances in pharmacogenomics -- Strategies to target chemotherapeutics to tumors -- QSAR and pharmacophore mapping strategies in novel anticancer drug discovery -- Applications of nuclear magnetic resonance and mass spectrometry to anticancer drug discovery -- Antisense strategies for the development of novel cancer therapeutics -- Antibodies and vaccines as novel cancer therapeutics -- Inhibitors as targets for cancer therapy -- Preclinical testing and validation of novel anticancer agents -- Surrogate end points and biomarkers for early trials of novel anticancer agents -- Regulatory considerations in clinical trials of novel anticancer drugs -- Improving the efficacy and safety of anticancer agents: the role of pharmacogenetics -- Imaging of pharmacodynamic end points in clinical trials -- Devising proof-of-concept strategies in oncology clinical trials -- Clinical trial designs for cytostatic agents and agents directed at novel molecular targets -- Cancer gene therapy clinical trials: from the bench to the clinic -- Molecular targets for radiosensitization -- Patient accrual to clinical trials.
- Novel antischizophrenia treatments 2012, SpringerThis volume tries to put current therapy - achievements, shortcomings, remaining medical needs - and emerging new targets into the context of increasing knowledge regarding the genetic and neurodevelopmental contributions to the pathophysiology of schizophrenia. Some of the chapters also deal with respective experimental and clinical methodology, biomarkers, and translational aspects of drug development. The volume concentrates on reviewing the ongoing research attempting to identify novel treatments for the cognitive deficits and negative symptoms of schizophrenia, which are not treated adequately by current antipsychotic medications.
- Novel apoptotic regulators in carcinogenesis 2012, SpringerApoptosis Inducer from Streblus asper Extracts for Cancer Chemoprevention /Azman Seeni, Nur Ayunie Zulkepli and Ridhwan Abdul Wahab --Apoptosis Induction by Nimbolide, a Limonoid from Azadirachta indica: Molecular Targets and Signaling Networks /Nagini Siddavaram and Vidya Priyadarsini Ramamurthi --Heterocyclics as Inducers of Apoptosis /Ahmed Kamal, Adla Mallareddy and Paidakula Suresh --Anthocyanins as Apoptotic Regulators /Jairam Vanamala, Sridhar Radhakrishnan, Lavanya Reddivari and Aaron Massey --Apoptosis as a Mechanism Involved in the Anticancer Effect of Dietary n-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids /Simona Serini, Elena Fasano, Elisabetta Piccioni, Achille Renato Maria Cittadini and Gabriella Calviello --Apoptotic Pathways upon Arsenite Treatment /Dongyun Zhang and Chuanshu Huang --Flavokawains in Cancer Prevention and Treatment: Potentials and Challenges /Danielle D. Jandial, Anne R. Simoneau and Xiaolin Zi --Progesterone Receptor Modulators Induce Apoptosis in Mammary Tumors and Uterine Leiomyomas /Konstantin Christov and Ronald D. Wiehle --Apoptotic Regulators and Its Clinical Implications in Mammary Carcinoma /Subhadeep Das and Malay Chatterjee --Curcumin Analogs as Inhibitors of the Jak-STAT Signal Transduction Pathway /Jennifer Yang and Gregory B. Lesinski --Targeting Cancer by Betulin and Betulinic Acid /René Csuk.
- Novel developments in stem cell mobilization 2012, SpringerPart 1.Basic Science and Experimental Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Preclinical Experience with AMD3100 for Mobilization of Hematopoietic Stem and Progenitor Cells --Molecular Pharmacology of CXCR4 Inhibition --Combination Strategies for Stem Cell Mobilization Targeting CXCR4 and S1P Receptors --Should We Stay or Should We Go Now? --Cell Adhesion and Mobilization Pathways of Hematopoietic Cells --Role of the CXCR4/CXCL12 Axis in Hematopoietic Stem Cell Trafficking --Part 2.Clinical Studies on Stem Cell Mobilization --Front matter --Early Studies of AMD3100/Plerixafor in Healthy Volunteers --The Current Role of Plerixafor in Stem Cell Mobilization for Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplantation --Experience with Apheresis Procedures After Plerixafor Mobilisation --Influence of Different Stem Cell Mobilization Strategies on Graft Composition and Outcome of Autologous or Allogeneic Transplantation --Relevance and Clinical Implications of Tumor Cell Mobilization in Autologous Transplantation of Multiple Myeloma and Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma --Plerixafor: Data from the Compassionate Use Program --Stem Cell Mobilization with Chemomobilization Plus Plerixafor in Hard-to-Mobilize Patients: The Experience at Kuopio University Hospital, Finland --Blood Stem Cell Mobilization in Solid Tumors: Experience with Plerixafor and Alternative Ways of Hematopoietic Stem Cell Mobilization --Mobilization with Chemotherapy + G-CSF + Plerixafor in Europe: The Italian Experience --Experience with Plerixafor in Poor Mobilizers --CXCR4 Antagonists --Part 3.CXCR4 Antagonists for Treatment of Leukemias and Solid Tumors --Front matter --Application of CXCR4 Inhibitors in Leukemia --CXCR4 Antagonists for the Treatment of CML --Targeting CXCR4 in Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: Preclinical Rationale and Early Clinical Experience --CXCR4-Blockade for Treatment of Breast Cancer --Molecular Imaging of CXCR4 Receptor Expression in Tumors --Part 4.Novel applications --Potential Use of CXCR4 Antagonists to Mobilize Endothelial and Mesenchymal Stem Cells --Strategies to Enhance Hematopoietic Stem Cell Engraftment Following Transplantation --Mobilization for Gene Therapy.
- Novel food ingredients for weight control 2007, CRCnetBASEpt. 1. Food and obesity: 1. Lipid metabolism : its role in energy regulation and obesity / M. Leonhardt and W. Langhans ; 2. Hunger and satiety : relation to body weight control / H.F.J. Hendriks ... [et al.] ; 3. Glycaemic control, insulin resistance and obesity / I. Aeberli and M. Zimmermann ; 4. Controlling lipogenesis and thermogenesis and the use of ergogenic aids for weight control / A. Palou and M. L. Bonet ; 5. Food ingredients implicated in obesity : sugars and sweeteners / G. H. Anderson, T. Akhavan and R. Mendelson -- pt. 2. Ingredients from grains, fruits and vegetables for weight control: 6. b-Glucans / J.-A. Nazare ... [et al.] ; 7. Non-digestible oligosaccharides / N.M. Delzenne ... [et al.] ; 8. Resistant starch / A.M. Birkett and I.L. Brown ; 9. Modified carbohydrates with lower glycemic index / B.R. Hamaker, G. Zhang and M. Venkatachalam ; 10. Novel ingredients for weight loss: new developments / J.D. Stowell -- pt. 3. Dairy ingredients and lipids for weight control: 11. Dietary and supplemental calcium and its role in weight loss: weighing the evidence / G. Gerstner and M. de Vrese ; 12. Conjugated fatty acids, body composition and weight control / J.L. Sebedio ; 13. Omega-3 fatty acids and other polyunsaturated fatty acids and weight control / M. Sr_hede Winzell and B. Ahrn? ; 14. Medium-chain and structured triglycerides : their role in weight control / I. Rudkowska and P. J. H. Jones ; 15. Trans-free oils and fats / E. Flt_er and G. van Duijn.
- Novel food processing technologies 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Novel insights into adipose cell functions 2010, SpringerPathological Alteration of Human Adipose Tissue in Obesity / Karine Clément -- Dynamics of Human Adipose Tissue. Regulatory Mechanisms and Consequences for Fat Cells and the Whole Body / Peter Arner -- Metabolism of Fatty Acids in Adipocytes / A. L. Dinel, C. Kolditz and D. Langin -- The Role of Hypoxia in Adipocyte Function and Dysfunction / Paul Trayhurn, Fátima Pérez de Heredia, Bohan Wang and I. Stuart Wood -- Brown Adipose Tissue In Humans: A New Target for Anti-Obesity Therapy / Sven Enerbäck -- Adipose Tissue Dysfunction: A Multistep Process / Kai Sun and Philipp E. Scherer -- Fat Cell Progenitors: Origins and Plasticity / Christian Dani -- Transcriptional Regulation of Brown and White Adipogenesis / Bruce M. Spiegelman -- Transcriptional Control of Gene Expression in Different Adipose Tissue Depots / Stephen R. Farmer -- Epigenetic Approaches to Adipose Biology / Evan D. Rosen -- Metabolic and Angiogenic Consequences of the Presence or Absence of UCP1 / Barbara Cannon and Jan Nedergaard -- Metabolic Responses to Weight Perturbation / Rudolph L. Leibel and Michael Rosenbaum -- Understanding Causal Relationships in the Metabolic Syndrome: Recent Insights from Extreme Human Phenotypes / David B. Savage.
- Novel psychoactive substances 2013, ScienceDirect
- Novel trends in brain science 2008, Springer
- Nuclear cardiology study guide 2014, SpringerThis book presents a comprehensive review of nuclear cardiology principles and concepts necessary to pass the Nuclear Cardiology Technology Specialty Examination. The practice questions are similar in format and content to those found on the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB) and American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) examinations, allowing test takers to maximize their chances of success. The book is organized by test sections of increasing difficulty, with over 600 multiple-choice questions covering all areas of nuclear cardiology, including radionuclides, instrumentation, radiation safety, patient care, and diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Detailed answers and explanations to the practice questions follow. It also includes helpful test-taking tips. Supplementary appendices include commonly used abbreviations and symbols in nuclear medicine, glossary of cardiology terms, and useful websites. Nuclear Cardiology Study Guide is a valuable reference for nuclear medicine technologists, nuclear medicine physicians, and all other imaging professionals in need of a concise review of nuclear cardiology.
- Nuclear cardiology. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Nuclear dynamics 2007, Springer
- Nuclear endocrinology 2012, Springer
- Nuclear hepatology. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Nuclear import and export in plants and animals 2005, SpringerNuclear import and export of mammalian viruses / Michael Bukrinsky -- Nuclear import of DNA / David A. Dean and Kerimi E. Gokay -- Nuclear transport research methods / Jose Omar Bustamante.Regulation of nuclear import and export of proteins in plants and its role in light signal transduction / Stefan Kircher ... [et al.] -- Nuclear export: shuttling across the nuclear pore / John A. Hanover and Dona C. Love -- Nuclear protein import: distinct intracellular receptors for different types of import substrates / David A. Jans and Jade K. Forwood -- The molecular mechanisms of mRNA export / Tetsuya Taura, Mikiko C. Siomi and Haruhiko Siomi --Structure of the nuclear pore / Michael Elbaum -- Integral proteins of the nuclear pore membrane / Merav Cohen, Katherine L. Wilson and Yosef Gruenbaum -- Subnuclear trafficking and the nuclear matrix / Iris Meier -- Nuclear import and export signals / Toshihiro Sekimoto, Jun Katahira and Yoshihiro Yoneda -- Nuclear import of plant proteins / Glenn R. Hicks -- Nuclear import of agrobacterium T-DNA / Tzvi Tzfira, Benoit Lacroix and Vitaly Citovsky --
- Nuclear magnetic resonance and nucleic acids ScienceDirect
- Fulltext (pt. C) ScienceDirect
- Nuclear magnetic resonance. Part C ScienceDirect
- Nuclear mechanics & genome regulation. 1st ed. 2010, ScienceDirectSection A. Cell Nucleus: Organization & MechanoBiology -- Chapter 1. Fluorescence Fluctuation Microscopy to Reveal 3D Architecture and Function in the Cell Nucleus / Thorsten Lenser, Klaus Weisshart, Tobias Ulbricht, Karolin Klement, Peter Hemmerich -- Chapter 2. Studying Histone Modifications and Their Genomic Functions by Employing Chromatin Immunoprecipitation and Immunoblotting / Ranveer S. Jayani, Praveena L. Ramanujam, Sanjeev Galande -- Chapter 3. Dynamic Organization of Chromatin Assembly and Transcription Factories in Living Cells / Bidisha Sinha, Dipanjan Bhattacharya, Deepak Kumar Sinha, Shefali Talwar, Shovamayee Maharana, Soumya Gupta, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 4. Manipulation and Isolation of Single Cells and Nuclei / Swee Jin Tan, Qingsen Li, Chwee Teck Lim -- Chapter 5. Beyond Lamins: Other Structural Components of the Nucleoskeleton / Zhixia Zhong, Katherine L. Wilson, Kris Noel Dahl -- Chapter 6. Altered Mechanical Properties of the Nucleus in Disease / Maria Lucia Lombardi, Jan Lammerding -- Chapter 7. Theoretical Concepts and Models of Cellular Mechanosensing / Rumi De, Assaf Zemel, Samuel A. Safran -- Section B. Impact of Nuclear Mechanics on Function -- Chapter 8. Mechanical Induction of Gene Expression in Connective Tissue Cells / Matthew W.C. Chan, Boris Hinz, Christopher A. McCulloch -- Chapter 9. Physical Plasticity of the Nucleus and its Manipulation / Irena Ivanovska, Joe Swift, Takamasa Harada, J. David Pajerowski, Dennis E. Discher -- Chapter 10. Prestressed Nuclear Organization in Living Cells / Aprotim Mazumder, T. Roopa, Abhishek Kumar, K. Venkatesan Iyer, Nisha M. Ramdas, G.V. Shivashankar -- Chapter 11. Nanotopography/Mechanical Induction of Stem-Cell Differentiation / Benjamin Kim Kiat Teo, Soneela Ankam, Lesley Y. Chan, Evelyn K.F. Yim -- Chapter 12. Mechanical Induction in Embryonic Development and Tumor Growth: Integrative Cues Through Molecular to Multicellular Interplay and Evolutionary Perspectives / Maria-Elena Fernandez-Sanchez, Fanny Serman, Padra Ahmadi, Emmanuel Farge -- Chapter 13. Informatics-Based Analysis of Mechanosignaling in the Laminopathies / Frank P.L. Lai, Radfidah A. Mutalif, Siew Cheng Phua, Colin L. Stewart -- Chapter 14. Autosomal Dominant Leukodystrophy Caused by Lamin B1 Duplications: A Clinical and Molecular Case Study of Altered Nuclear Function and Disease / Quasar Saleem Padiath, Ying-Hui Fu.
- Nuclear medicine 2014, SpringerThe book is a compilation of guidelines from various organizations such as Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, European Association of Nuclear Medicine, American College of Radiology, and International Atomic Energy Agency. The description of the procedures is simple, easy to understand and current. The aim of this book is: a) Nuclear medicine professionals can use this book as a quick reference about how a procedure is to be performed. The set of instructions given to a patient before, during and after the procedure have also been included in each chapter. b) To educate general physicians about nuclear medicine procedures. The procedures are explained briefly with common indications and precautions. Normal and abnormal nuclear medicine images have also been included for quick comparison. c) To educate paramedical staff or healthcare professionals so that they can brace themselves rather than embrace. By this they can clarify, suffice the eager and send patients to a nuclear medicine department after proper preparation. d) To educate patients who come for nuclear medicine procedure. e) To remove apprehensions and doubts which arise in the mind of the patients.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Nuclear medicine imaging 2012, Springer
- Print MaterialEndocrine imaging / William H. Martin, Martin P. Sandler, and M. Reza Habibian -- Radionuclide pulmonary imaging / M. Reza Habibian and Chirayu Shah -- Cardiovascular imaging / João V. Vitola and Dominique Delbeke -- Neurologic imaging / Dominique Delbeke and Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto -- Gastrointestinal and correlative abdominal nuclear medicine imaging / M. Reza Habibian and Chirayu Shah -- Renal scintigraphy / Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto and Dominique Delbeke -- Musculoskeletal scintigraphy / M. Reza Habibian and Carlos Cunha Pereira Neto -- Oncologic imaging / Dominique Delbeke and William H. Martin -- Artifacts / James A. Patton.
- Print Material
- Nuclear medicine physics 2011, CRCnetBASE"Edited by a renown international expert in the field, Nuclear Medicine Physics presents a full description of nuclear medicine imaging physics and methodology, serving as a useful reference of the basic physics and various applications in medicine and imaging systems. Written at a level accessible for a wide audience, including graduate students, this book provides advanced knowledge of relevant physical aspects behind modern nuclear imaging techniques, from radioisotope production to data acquisition and processing. Special emphasis is placed on the physics of biological functions from the perspective of their study with radioisotopes and the biological effects of radiation"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Nuclear medicine radiation dosimetry 2010, SpringerThe role of radiation dosimetry in nuclear medicine -- Theoretical tools -- Nuclear properties, structure, and stability -- Radioactive decay: microscopic theory -- Radioactive decay: macroscopic theory -- Photon interactions with matter -- Charged particle interactions with matter -- Radiation fields and radiometrics -- Radiation dosimetry: theory, detection, and measurement -- Biological effects of ionizing radiation -- Nuclear medicine dosimetry -- Anthropomorphic phantoms and models of biological systems -- The biodistribution (I): preclinical -- The biodistribution (II): human -- The biodistribution (III): analysis -- The ethics of using human subjects in clinical trials involving radiopharmaceuticals -- The future of nuclear medicine radiation dosimetry.
- Nuclear medicine technology study guide 2011, SpringerTackling the Multiple-Choice Test -- Practice Test #1: Difficulty Level - Easy -- Practice Test #2: Difficulty Level - Moderate -- Practice Test #3: Difficulty Level - Hard.
- Nuclear medicine technology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Nuclear medicine technology. Fourth edition. [4th ed.] 2013, SpringerThis book prepares students and technologists for registry examinations in nuclear medicine technology by providing practice questions and answers with detailed explanations, as well as a mock registry exam.The questions are designed to test the basic knowledge required of nuclear medicine technologists, as well as the practical application of that knowledge.The topics covered closely follow the content specifications and the components of preparedness as published by the certification boards.This 4th edition includes expanded coverage of positron emission tomography and other new procedures and practices in the field of nuclear medicine and molecular imaging.
- Nuclear medicine therapy 2013, SpringerPart I. Radionuclide Therapy of Malignant Diseases -- 1. Radioimmunotherapy of Lymphoma / Stanley J. Goldsmith -- 2. Radionuclide Therapy of Leukemias / Alain S. Abi-Ghanem -- 3. Radiophosphorus Treatment of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms / Edward B. Silberstein, L. Eugene, and S.R. Saenger -- 4. Radionuclide Therapy of Neuroendocrine Tumors / Andrew Mallia, Marco Maccauro, Ettore Seregni, Chiara Bampo, Carlo Chiesa, and Emilio Bombardieri -- 5. Radionuclide Therapy of Bone Metastases / Alain S. Abi-Ghanem and Katherine Zukotynski -- 6. Radionuclide Therapy in Melanoma / Roger F. Uren, Robert Howman-Giles, and John F. Thompson -- 7. Radioimmunotherapy in Brain Tumors Chiara Maria Grana and Giovanni Paganelli -- 8. Radioiodine Therapy of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer / Ettore Seregni, Andrew Mallia, Carlo Chiesa, Gabriele Scaramellini, Maura Massimino, and Emilio Bombardieri -- 9. Medullary Thyroid Carcinoma / Jean François Chatal, Jacques Barbet, Francoise Kraeber-Bodéré, and David M. Goldenberg -- 10. Local Accelerated Radionuclide Breast Irradiation: Avidin-Biotin Targeting System / Concetta De Cicco and Giovanni Paganelli -- 11. Radiomicrosphere Therapy of Liver Tumors / Seza A. Gulec, Rekha Suthar, and Tushar Barot -- 12. Trans-Arterial I-131 Lipiodol Therapy of Liver Tumors / David K. Leung and Chaitanya Divgi -- 13. Antibody-Targeted Therapeutic Radionuclides in the Management of Colorectal Cancer / Robert M. Sharkey and David M. Goldenberg -- 14. Radioimmunotherapy of Pancreatic Adenocarcinoma / David M. Goldenberg, William A. Wegener, David V. Gold, and Robert M. Sharkey -- 15. Radioimmunotherapy of Renal Cell Carcinoma / Chaitanya Divgi -- 16. Radioimmunotherapy of Prostate Carcinoma -- Part II. Radionuclide Therapy of Benign Diseases / Stanley J. Goldsmith, Scott T. Tagawa, Shankar Vallabhajosula, Anastasia Nikolopoulou, Irina Lipai, David M. Nanus, and Neil H. Bander -- 17. Radioiodine Therapy of Benign Thyroid Diseases: Graves' Disease, Plummer's Disease, Non-toxic Goiter and Nodules / Cumali Aktolun and Muammer Urhan -- 18. Radiosynoviorthesis / Gynter Mödder and Renate Mödder-Reese -- Part III. Special Topics in Radionuclide Therapy -- 19. The Chemistry of Therapeutic Radiopharmaceuticals / Shankar Vallabhajosula -- 20. Pretargeting: Advancing the Delivery of Radionuclides / Robert M. Sharkey and David M. Goldenberg -- 21. Radiobiology as Applied to Radionuclide Therapy with an Emphasis on Low Dose Rate Radiation Effects / David Murray, Razmik Mirzayans, and Alexander J. McEwan -- 22. Release Criteria and Other Radiation Safety Considerations for Radionuclide Therapy / Pat B. Zanzonico -- 23. Challenges Associated with Radionuclide Therapy and Need for Interdepartmental Collaboration / Cumali Aktolun.
- Nuclear medicine. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2006.Print Material
- Print Material
- Nuclear medicine. 4th ed. 2014, ScienceDirectRadiopharmaceuticals -- Molecular imaging -- Physics of nuclear medicine -- Radiation detection and instrumentation -- Single-photon emission computed tomography, positron emission tomography, and hybrid imaging -- Endocrine system -- Skeletal scintigraphy -- Hepatobiliary system -- Genitourinary system -- Pulmonary system -- Oncology : positron emission tomography -- Oncology : non -- positron emission tomography -- Gastrointestinal system -- Infection and inflammation -- Central nervous system -- Cardiac system -- Pearls, pitfalls, and frequently asked questions.
- Nuclear oncology 2013, SpringerNuclear Oncology: Pathophysiology and Clinical Applications is a comprehensive textbook covering the increasing role of radionuclide-based technologies in the management of oncologic patients, with disease-oriented chapters giving a detailed overview of current indications and developments. Topics covered include instrumentation, physics, radiobiology, radioguided surgery, and radionuclide therapy, which is discussed with useful separate topics describing the importance of organ function assessment after cancer therapies in the heart, lung, kidney and the gastro-intestinal tract. Additionally, significant aspects of cancer biology and molecular imaging are discussed, as well as appropriate tracers for both single- and positron-emitting radionuclides. Individual chapters in the book focus on the most common cancers occurring in adults and children, detailing radionuclide procedures within an integrated framework identifying the information required for effective treatment of specific tumors. These clinical chapters provide a description of the epidemiology, etiology, histologic and pathophysiologic classification, prognosis, treatment, and most common outcome for each type of cancer. With contributions from a group of internationally-distinguished practitioners, Nuclear Oncology: Pathophysiology and Clinical Applications serves as a valuable compendium of knowledge for nuclear medicine physicians and radiologists and other clinicians involved in the care and management of cancer patients.
- Nuclear organization and function 2010, Cold Spring Harb Lab PressChromatin modifications and gene expressions -- Transcription and beyond -- DNA replication and genome integrity -- Reprogramming and differentiation -- Heterochromatin formation and gene silencing -- Nuclear bodies and RNA biology -- Chromosome structure and mitosis -- Chromatin structure and organization -- Nuclear periphery.
- Nuclear pore complexes and nucleocytoplasmic transport - Methods. First edition. [1st ed.] 2014, ScienceDirectVolume 122 of Methods in Cell Biology describes modern tools and techniques used to study nuclear pore complexes and nucleocytoplasmic transport in diverse eukaryotic model systems (including mammalian cells, Xenopus, C. elegans, yeast). The volume enables investigators to analyze nuclear pore complex structure, assembly, and dynamics; to evaluate protein and RNA trafficking through the nuclear envelope; and to design in vivo or in vitro assays appropriate to their research needs.
- Nuclear pre-mRNA processing in plants 2008, Springer
- Nuclear receptor 2002, ScienceDirect
- Nuclear receptor superfamily 2009, Springer ProtocolsNuclear receptors : one big family / Iain J. McEwan -- Methods for measuring ligand dissociation and nuclear receptor turnover in whole cells / Elizabeth M. Wilson -- Flow cytometry as a tool for measurement of steroid hormone receptor protein expression in leukocytes / Cherie L. Butts and Esther M. Sternberg -- X-ray crystallography of agonis/antagonist-bound receptors / Ashley C.W. Pike -- FRAP and FRET methods to study nuclear receptors in living cells / Martin E. van Royen ... [et al.] -- Receptor-DNA interactions : EMSA and footprinting / Jason T. Read ... [et al.] -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation (ChIP) methodology and readouts / Charles E. Massie and Ian G. Mills -- Yeast-based reporter assays for the functional characterization of cochaperone interactions with steroid hormone receptors / Heather A. Balsiger and Marc B. Cox -- High throughput analysis of nuclear receptor-cofactor interactions / Michael L. Goodson, Behnom Farboud, and Martin L. Privalsky -- Binding affinity and kinetic analysis of nuclear receptor/co-regulator interactions using surface plasmon resonance / Derek N. Lavery -- Using RNA interference to study protein function / Carol D. Curtis and Ann M. Nardulli -- Using intrinsic fluorescence emission spectroscopy to study steroid receptor and coactivator protein conformation dynamics / Kate Watt and Iain J. McEwan -- Development of phosphorylation site-specific antibodies to nuclear receptors / Inés Pineda Torra ... [et al.] -- Tissue-selective knockouts of steroid receptors : a novel paradigm in the study of steroid action / Karel De Gendt and Guido Verhoeven -- Methods for identifying and studying genetic alterations in hormone-dependent cancers / Outi R. Saramäki, Kati K. Waltering, and Tapio Visakorpi.
- Nuclear receptors 2010, SpringerNuclear receptors an introductory overview / C.M. Bunce and M.J. Campbell -- What does evolution teach us about nuclear receptors? / G. Markov, F. Bonneton and V. Laudet -- Functions of nuclear receptors in insect development / D. Martín -- The glucocorticoid receptor / R.H. Oakley and J.A. Cidlowski -- Estrogen receptors: Their actions and functional roles in health and disease / S. Nilsson and J.-Å. Gustafsson -- Androgen receptor / J.T. Dalton and W. Gao -- Thyroid hormone receptors / B. Vennström, H. Liu and D. Forrest -- The vitamin D receptor (NR1I1) / O. Maguire and M.J. Campbell -- Retinoic acid receptors / A. Cras, F. Guidez and C. Chomienne -- PPARs: Important regulators in metabolism and inflammation / L.M. Sanderson and S. Kersten -- Xenobiotic receptors CAR and PXR / C. Klaassen and H. Lu -- Fxr / Y. Wang ... [et al.] -- Physiological functions of TR2 and TR4 orphan nuclear receptor / S. Liu ... [et al.] -- Nuclear receptors and ATP dependent chromatin remodeling: A complex story / C.J. Burd and T.K. Archer -- Non-genomic action of sex steroid hormones / A. Migliaccio, G. Castoria and F. Auricchio -- Ligand regulation and nuclear receptor action / M. Hewison -- New insights to nuclear receptor gene regulation from analysis of their response elements in target genes / C. Carlberg -- Systems biology: Towards realistic and useful models of molecular networks / F.J. Bruggeman ... [et al.].
- Nuclear receptors 2003, ScienceDirect
- Nuclear reprogramming 2005, Springer ProtocolsNuclear transplantation in Xenopus / John B. Gurdon -- Nuclear transfer in sheep / William A. Ritchie -- Protocols for nuclear transfer in mice / Shaorong Gao -- Isolation of stromal stem cells from human adipose tissue / Andrew C. Boquest ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming by cell fusion / Robert H. Broyles ... [et al.] -- Polyethylene glycol-mediated cell fusion / Jian Yang and Ming Hong Shen -- Epigenetic reprogramming of somatic genomes by electrofusion with embryonic stem cells / Masako Tada and Takashi Tada -- Quantification of cell fusion by flow cytometry / Stephen Sullivan ... [et al.] -- Modulation of cell fate using nuclear and cytoplasmic extracts / Anne-Mari Håkelien, Kristine G. Gaustad, and Philippe Collas -- Transgenic systems in nuclear reprogramming / Megan Munsie, Peter Mountford, and Jennifer Nichols -- Using immunofluorescence to observe methylation changes in mammalian preimplantation embryos / Fátima Santos and Wendy Dean -- Observing S-phase dynamics of histone modifications with fluorescently labeled antibodies / Rong Wu, Anna V. Terry, and David M. Gilbert -- Quantitative analysis of telomerase activity and telomere length in domestic animal clones / Dean H. Betts ... [et al.] --Pluripotency: capacity for in vitro differentiation of undifferentiated embryonic stem cells / Cornelia Wiese ... [et al.] -- Staining embryonic stem cells using monoclonal antibodies to stage-specific embryonic antigens / Bruce A. Fenderson ... [et al.] -- Analysis of the nucleolar compartment of the nucleus as an indicator of nuclear reprogramming after nuclear transfer / Jacques-E. Fléchon -- Methylation-sensitive polymerase chain reaction / Hannah R. Moore, Richard R. Meehan, and Lorraine E. Young -- Analysis of DNA methylation profiles in preimplantation embryos using bisulfite mutagenesis / Yong-Mahn Han, Seok-Ho Kim, and Yong-Kook Kang -- Chromatin immunoprecipitation assay for mammalian tissues / Fiona B. Turner, Wang L. Cheung, and Peter Cheung -- Histone modifications and transcription factor binding on chromatin: ChIP/PCR assays / Jaejoon Won and Tae Kook Kim -- In vivo genomic footprinting using LM-PCR methods / Hiromi Tagoh, Peter N. Cockerill, and Constanze Bonifer -- Analyzing histone modification using crosslinked chromatin treated with micrococcal nuclease / Pascal Lefevre and Constanze Bonifer.
- Nuclear reprogramming and stem cells 2011, Springer
- Nuclear transfer protocols 2006, Springer ProtocolsCloning of exotic/endangered species: (desert bighorn sheep) / James "Buck" Williams ... [et al.] -- Handmade somatic cell cloning in cattle / Gábor Vatja, Ian M. Lewis, and R. Tayfur Tecirlioglu -- Genetic modification of sheep by nuclear transfer with gene-targeted somatic cells / A. John Clark, Sarah Burl, and Chris Denning -- Transgenesis using nuclear transfer in goats / Anthoula Lazaris ... [et al.] -- Nuclear reprogramming : an overview / Takashi Tada -- Expression of imprinted genes in cloned mice / Takashi Kohda, Fumitoshi Ishino, and Atsuo Ogura -- Nuclear remodeling assay in xenopus egg extract / Koichi Gonda and Nobuaki Kikyo -- In vitro reprogramming of nuclei and cells / Anne-Mari Håkelien ... [et al.] -- Techniques for nuclear transfer to mouse embryonic stem cells / Danielè Pralong and Paul J. Verma -- Gene expression and methylation patterns in cloned embryos / Christine Wrenzycki ... [et al.] -- Are there any normal clones? / Ian Wilmut -- Future and applications of cloning / Alan O. Trounson.Origin and progress of nuclear transfer in nonmammalian animals / Marie A. Di Berardino -- In vitro maturation and embryo production in cattle / Marc-André Sirard and Karine Coenen -- Activation of oocytes after nuclear transfer / Zoltán Macháty -- Culture medium preferences of pre-implantation cloned mouse embryos / Björn Heindryckx, Josiane Van der Elst, and Marc Dhont -- Maintenance of pregnancy in pigs with limited viable embryos / Tim King and Paul A. De Sousa -- Health and neonatal care of bovine clones / Jacqui T. Forsyth and David N. Wells -- Optimization of procedures for cloning by somatic cell nuclear transfer in mice / Young Gie Chung, Shaorong Gao, and Keith E. Latham -- Production of cloned calves using roscovitine-treated adult somatic cells as donors / Kazuchika Miyoshi, Sezen Arat, and Steven L. Stice -- A double nuclear transfer technique for cloning pigs / Irina A. Polejaeva, Shawn Walker, and Keith Campbell -- Nuclear transfer in nonhuman primates / Shoukhrat M. Mitalipov and Don P. Wolf --
- Nuclease methods and protocols Springer Protocols
- Nucleic acid protocols handbook 2000, Springer Protocols
- Nucleic acid testing for human disease 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nucleic acids and protein synthesis. Part C ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids and protein synthesis. Part E ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids and protein synthesis. Part F ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids and protein synthesis. Part G ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids and protein synthesis. Part H ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids and proteins in soil 2006, Springer
- Nucleic acids hybridization 2007, Springer
- Nucleic acids in innate immunity 2008, CRCnetBASEClinical development of oligodeoxynucleotide TLR9 agonists / by Julie L. Himes and Arthur M. Krieg -- Prospects for TLR9- based immunotherapy for asthma and allergy / by David Broide -- Toll-like receptors in the development of systemic autoimmune disease : in vitro artifact or in vivo paradigm? / by Ann Rothstein -- Impacts of nucleoside modification on RNA-mediated activation of toll-like receptors / by Katalin Kariko and Drew Weissman -- Activation of innate pattern recognition pathways by single-stranded ribonucleic acids / by Sandra Diebold -- RNA interference in scope of immune system / by Andrea Ablasser, Gunther Hartmann, and Veit Hornung -- Recognition of RNA and synthetic compounds by TLR7 and TLR8 / by Svetlana Hamm and Stefan Bauer -- Helicases at frontline of RNA virus recognition / by Leonid Gitlin and Marco Colonna.Structural analysis of toll-like receptors / by Jungwoo Choe and Ian A. Wilson -- Antiviral signaling through TLRs and RLHs / by Taro Kawai -- Recognition of virus invasion by toll-like receptors and RIG-I-like helicases / by Hiroki Kato and Osamu Takeuchi -- Characteristics of dendritic cell responses to nucleic acids / by Tsuneyasu Kaisho, Takahiro Sugiyama, and Katsuaki Hoshino -- Dendritic cells as sensors for foreign and self nucleic acids / by Anne Krug and Wolfgang Reindl -- Natural DNA recognition by toll-like receptor 9 does not reply upon CpG motifs: role of endosomal compartmentation / by Tobias Haas ... [et al.] -- Discrimination of self and non-self DNA / by Katryn J. Stacey ... [et al.] -- Therapeutic potential of immunosuppressive oligonucleotides expressing TTAGGG motifs / by Dennis M. Klinman ... [et al.] -- Structure/function of IFN?-inducing CpG ODN / by Daniela Verthelyi and Montserrat Puig --
- Nucleic acids research Database issue 2004, PMC
- Nucleic acids. Part A-B ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids. Part D ScienceDirect
- Nucleic acids. Part I ScienceDirect
- Nucleolus 2011, Springer
- Nucleoside triphosphates and their analogs 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nucleosomes ScienceDirect
- Nucleosomes, histones & chromatin. Part A-B pt. A-B, 2012., ScienceDirectpt. B ScienceDirect
- Nucleotides and regulation of bone cell function 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Numerical and practical exercises in thermoluminescence 2006, Springer
- Numerical computer methods. Part A-E ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. C) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. D) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. E) ScienceDirect
- Numerical library in Java for scientists and engineers 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Numerical methods for the life scientist 2011, Springer
- Numerical recipes. 3rd ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Print MaterialThe atmosphere -- Functional anatomy of the respiratory tract -- Elastic forces and lung volumes -- Respiratory system resistance -- Control of breathing -- Pulmonary ventilation -- The pulmonary circulation -- Distribution of pulmonary ventilation and perfusion -- Diffusion of respiratory gases -- Carbon dioxide -- Oxygen -- Non-respiratory functions of the lung -- The history of respiratory physiology -- Pregnancy, neonates and children -- Exercise -- Sleep -- High altitude and flying -- High pressure and diving -- Respiration in closed environments and space -- Drowning -- Smoking and air pollution -- Anaesthesia -- Changes in the carbon dioxide tension -- Hypoxia -- Anaemia -- Hyperoxia and oxygen toxicity -- Ventilatory failure -- Airways disease -- Pulmonary vascular disease -- Parenchymal lung disease -- Acute lung injury -- Respiratory support and artificial ventilation -- Lung transplantation.
- Print MaterialPart 1. Basic principles -- 1. The atmosphere -- 2. Functional anatomy of the respiratory tract -- 3. Elastic forces and lung volumes -- 4. Respiratory system resistance -- 5. Control of breathing -- 6. Pulmonary ventilation -- 7. The pulmonary circulation -- 8. Distribution of pulmonary ventilation and perfusion -- 9. Diffusion of respiratory gases -- 10. Carbon dioxide -- 11. Oxygen -- 12. Non-respiratory functions of the lung -- 13. The history of respiratory physiology -- Part 2. Applied physiology -- 14. Pregnancy, neonates and children -- 15. Exercise -- 16. Sleep -- 17. High altitude and flying --18. High pressure and diving -- 19. Respiration in closed environments and space -- 20. Drowning -- 21. Smoking and air pollution -- 22. Anaesthesia -- 23. Changes in the carbon dioxide partial pressure -- 24. Hypoxia -- 25. Anemia -- 26. Hyperoxia and oxygen toxicity -- Part. 3. Physiology of pulmonary disease -- 27. Ventilatory failure -- 28. Airways disease -- 29. Pulmonary vascular disease -- 30. Diseases of the lung parenchyma and pleura -- 31. Acute lung injury -- 32. Respiratory support and artificial ventilation -- 33. Pulmonary surgery.
- Print Material
- Nurse of Manzanar 2009Print Material
- Print MaterialThe journey to excellence in patient care -- The model for evidence-based practice change -- Step 1: Access the need for change in practice -- Step 2: Locate the best evidence -- Step 3: Critically analyze the evidence -- Step 4: Design practice change -- Step 5: Implement and evaluate change in practice -- Step 6: Integrate and maintain change in practice -- Glossary.
- Nurse's legal handbook. 5th ed. 2004, OvidNursing practice and the law -- Working in diverse clinical settings -- Patients' rights -- Understanding malpractice liability -- Lawsuits and the legal process -- Legal risks on the job -- Legal aspects of documentation -- Legal risks while off duty -- Nurses' rights as employees -- Ethical decision making -- Ethical conflicts in clinical practice.
- Safety, asepsis, and infection control -- Documenting and reporting -- Essential assessment components -- Hygiene -- Medication administration -- Oxygenation -- Fluids and nutrition -- Elimination -- Activity and mobility -- Rest and comfort -- Perioperative nursing and wound healing -- Special procedures -- Community-based variations.
- Nursing care of the hospitalized older patient 2012, Wiley
- Nursing Care of the Pediatric Neurosurgery Patient is a detailed reference for nurses and other health care providers who care for children with neurosurgical problems. The explanations of pathophysiology, anatomy, radiodiagnostic testing, and treatment options for each neurosurgical diagnosis will help to clarify the rationale behind the nursing care. Descriptions of presenting symptoms, history and findings on neurological examination will help nurses understand the neurological disorder and identify problems. Each chapter includes case studies, impact on families, patient and family education, and practice pearls. Staff and student nurses working in clinics, critical care units, pediatric units, operating rooms, post-anesthesia care units, emergency departments, and radiology departments will benefit from the information presented. Although this book is written for nurses, medical students and neurosurgery residents will also find it helpful.
- Nursing care plans & documentation. 4th ed. 2004, Ovid
- Nursing diagnosis. 11th ed. 2006, Ovid"This practical and respected resource presents the essentials of accurate diagnosis, applications, assessment, interventions and rationales, and goals - all in accordance with the latest NANDA guidelines. This informative resource will show you how to relate assessment data to nursing diagnoses, tailor diagnoses to special cases, differentiate nursing diagnosis from medical diagnosis, initiate appropriate nursing interventions, and develop effective care plans! Now with NIC/NOC material, this book will keep you focused on the appropriate goals and interventions associated with each diagnosis"--Book jacket.
- Nursing herbal medicine handbook. 3rd ed. 2006, Ovid
- Nursing home trends Google Books
- Print Material
- Nursing procedures. 4th ed. 2004, Ovid"From basic to advanced, this completely updated fourth edition of Nursing Procedures outlines every procedure, details each step thoroughly, and describes rationales and cautions to ensure patient safety and positive outcomes in your daily practice. From amniotomy and Z-track injections to new topics, such as bispectral index monitoring and JCAHO-required surgical site verification - this book covers it all"--Book jacket.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print MaterialIntroduction to nursing theory: its history, significance, and analysis / Martha Raile Alligood -- History and philosophy of science / Sue Marquis Bishop and Sonya R. Hardin -- Logical reasoning / Sue Marquis Bishop and Sonya R. Hardin Theory development process / Sue Marquis Bishop and Sonya R. Hardin -- Nursing theorists of historical significance: Hildegard E. Peplau, Faye Glenn Abdellah, Ernestine Wiedenbach, Lydia Hall, Virginia Henderson, Joyce Travelbee, Kathryn E. Barnard, Evelyn Adam, Nancy Roper, Winifred W. Logan, Alison J. Tierney / Ann Marriner Tomey -- Florence Nightingale: modern nursing / Susan A. Pfettscher -- Jean Watson: philosophy and science of caring / Ruth M. Neil and Ann Marriner Tomey -- Marilyn Anne Ray: theory of bureaucratic caring / Sherrilyn Coffman -- Patricia Benner: from novice to expert: excellence and power in clinical nursing practice / Karen A. Brykczynski -- Kari Martinsen: philosophy of caring / Herdis Alvsvåg -- Katie Eriksson: theory of caritative caring / Unni Å. Lindström, Lisbet Lindholm, and Joan E. Zetterlund -- Myra Estrin Levine: the conservation model / Karen Moore Schaefer -- Martha E. Rogers: unitary human beings / Mary E. Gunther -- Dorothea E. Orem: self-care deficit theory of nursing / Susan G. Taylor -- Imogene King: interacting systems framework and middle range theory of goal attainment / Christina L. Sieloff -- Betty Neuman: systems model / Barbara T. Freese -- Sister Callista Roy: adaptation model / Kenneth D. Phillips -- Dorothy E. Johnson: behavioral system model / Victoria M. Brown -- Anne Boykin and Savina O. Schoenhofer: nursing as caring: a model for transforming practice / Marguerite J. Purnell -- Ida Jean Orlando (Pelletier): nursing process theory / Norma Jean Schmieding -- Nola J. Pender: health promotion model / Teresa J. Sakraida -- Madeleine Leininger: cultural care theory of diversity and universality / Marilyn McFarland -- Margaret A. Newman: health as expanding consciousness / Janet Witucki Brown -- Rosemarie Rizzo Parse: human becoming / Gail J. Mitchell -- Helen C. Erickson, Evelyn M. Tomlin, and Mary Ann P. Swain: modeling and role-modeling / Margaret E. Erickson -- Gladys L. Husted and James H. Husted: symphonological bioethical theory / Carrie Scotto -- Ramona T. Mercer: maternal role attainment--becoming a mother / Molly Meighan -- Merle H. Mishel: uncertainty in illness theory / Donald E. Bailey, Jr. and Janet L. Stewart -- Pamela G. Reed: self-transcendence theory / Doris D. Coward -- Carolyn L. Wiener and Marylin J. Dodd: theory of illness trajectory / Janice Penrod and Chin-Fang Liu -- Georgene Gaskill Eakes, Mary Lermann Burke, and Margaret A. Hainsworth: theory of chronic sorrow / Ann M. Schrier and Nellie S. Droes -- Phil Barker: tidal model of mental health recovery / Nancy Brookes -- Katherine Kolcaba: theory of comfort / Thérèse Dowd -- Cheryl Tatano Beck: postpartum depression theory / M. Katherine Maeve -- Kristen M. Swanson: theory of caring / Danuta M. Wojnar -- Cornelia M. Ruland and Shirley M. Moore: peaceful end of life theory / Patricia A. Higgins -- Sate of the art and science of nursing theory / Martha Raile Alligood.
- Nutraceutical and specialty lipids and their co-products 2006, CRCnetBASE1. Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Fereidoon Shahidi and S.P.J.N. Senanayake -- 2. Medium-Chain Triacylglycerols / Yaakob B. Che Man and Marina Abdul Manaf -- 3. Cereal Grain Oils / Roman Przybylski -- 4. Fruit Seed Oils / Liangli Yu, John W. Parry, and Kequan Zhou -- 5. Minor Specialty Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 6. Sphingolipids / Fang Fang, Hang Chen, Chi-Tang Ho, and Robert T. Rosen -- 7. Modification and Purification of Sphingolipids and Gangliosides / Scott Bloomer -- 8. Hydroxy Fatty Acids / Thomas A. McKeon, Charlotta Turner, Xiaohua He, Grace Chen, and Jiann-Tsyh Lin -- 9. Tree Nut Oils and Byproducts: Compositional Characteristics and Nutraceutical Applications / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 10. Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) / Yao-wen Huang and Chung-yi Huang -- 11. Diacylglycerols (DAGs) and their Mode of Action / Brent D. Flickinger -- 12. Conjugated Linoleic Acids (CLAs): Food, Nutrition, and Health / Bruce A. Watkins and Yong Li -- 13. Occurrence of Conjugated Fatty Acids in Aquatic and Terrestrial Plants and their Physiological Effects / Bhaskar Narayan, Masashi Hosokawa, and Kazuo Miyashita -- 14. Marine Conjugated Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids / Yasushi Endo, Si-Bum Park, and Kenshiro Fujimoto -- 15. Marine Oils: Compositional Characteristics and Health Effects / Fereidoon Shahidi and H. Miraliakbari -- 16. Single-Cell Oils as Sources of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids: Processing Technologies and Applications / S.P.J.N. Senanayake and Jaouad Fichtali -- 17. Emulsions for the Delivery of Nutraceutical Lipids / Karlene S.T. Mootoosingh and Dérick Rousseau -- 18. Lipid Emulsions for Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) Use and as Carriers for Lipid-Soluble Drugs / Hu Liu and Lili Wang -- 19. Modified Oils / Frank D. Gunstone -- 20. Fat Replacers: Mimetics and Substitutes / Barry G. Swanson -- 21. Application of Functional Lipids in Foods / Charlotte Jacobsen, Maike Timm-Heinrich, and Nina Skall Nielsen -- 22. Application of Multistep Reactions with Lipases to the Oil and Fat Industry / Yuji Shimada, Toshihiro Nagao, and Yomi Watanabe -- 23. Structure-Related Effects on Absorption and Metabolism of Nutraceutical and Specialty Lipids / Armand B. Christophe -- 24. Lipid Oxidation in Specialty Oils / Karen Schaich -- 25. Trans Fatty Acids in Specialty Lipids / G.R. List, R.O. Adlof, and J.W. King -- 26. Tocopherols and Tocotrienols as Byproducts of Edible Oil Processing / Vitamin E: A New Perspective Andreas M. Papas -- 27. Plant Sterols and Steryl Esters in Functional Foods and Nutraceuticals / Nikolaus Weber and Kumar D. Mukherjee -- 28. Phospholipids/Lecithin: A Class of Nutraceutical Lipids / Frank T. Orthoefer and G.R. List -- 29. Centrifugal Partition Chromatography (CPC) as a New Tool for Preparative-Scale Purification of Lipid and Related Compounds / Udaya Wanasundara and Paul Fedec -- 30. Oilseed Medicinals: Applications in Drugs and Functional Foods / Robert D. Reichert.
- Nutraceutical proteins and peptides in health and disease 2006, CRCnetBASESection I. Nutrient Absorption System -- Chapter 1. Nutraceutical Proteins and Peptides in Health and Disease: An Overview / Yoshinori Mine and Fereidoon Shahidi -- Chapter 2. Calcium Binding Peptides / David D. Kitts -- Chapter 3. Mineral-Binding Proteins and Peptides and Bioavailability of Trace Elements / D. Bouglé and S. Bouhallab -- Chapter 4. Cholesterol-Lowering Proteins and Peptides / Satoshi Nagaoka -- Chapter 5. Heavy-Metal-Binding Proteins / Jennifer Kovacs-Nolan and Yoshinori Mine -- Chapter 6. Tight-Junction-Modulatory Factors in Food / Makoto Shimizu and Akira Mori -- Section II. The Body's Defense System -- Chapter 7. Antimicrobial Peptides / Judy C.K. Chan and Eunice C.Y. Li-Chan -- Chapter 8. Bovine Milk Antibodies for Protection against Microbial Human Diseases / Hannu Korhonen and Pertti Marnila -- Chapter 9. Avian Immunoglobulin Y and Its Application in Human Health and Disease / Jennifer Kovacs-Nolan, Yoshinori Mine, and Hajime Hatta -- Chapter 10. Antiangiogenic Proteins, Peptides, and Amino Acids / Jack N. Losso and Hiba A. Bawadi -- Chapter 11. Relevance of Growth Factors for the Gastrointestinal Tract and Other Organs / Subrata Ghosh and Raymond J. Playford -- Chapter 12. Cystatin: A Novel Bioactive Protein / Soichiro Nakamura -- Section III. The Body's Regulating System -- Chapter 13. ACE Inhibitory Peptides / Hans Meisel, Daniel J. Walsh, Brian Murray, and Richard J. FitzGerald -- Chapter 14 Regulation of Bone Metabolism: Milk Basic Protein / Yukihiro Takada and Seiichiro Aoe -- Chapter 15. Anticariogenic Peptides / K.J. Cross, N.L. Huq, and E.C. Reynolds -- Chapter 16. The Potential Therapeutic Role of Fibrinolytic Enzymes from Food in Cardiovascular Disease / Ada H.-K. Wong and Yoshinori Mine -- Section IV. The Body's Nervous System -- Chapter 17. Opioid Peptides / Benjamin Guesdon, Lisa Pichon, and Daniel Tomé.
- Nutraceuticals and cancer 2012, Springer
- Nutraceuticals and health 2014, CRCnetBASEBackground to nutraceuticals and human health / Dipanwita Dutta, Somdat Mahabir, and Yashwant V. Pathak -- Clinical trials of dietary supplements and cancer / Shanti D. Mahabir, Renjit Thomas, and Somdat Mahabir -- Curcumin in human cancer prevention and treatment / Adeeb Shehzad and Young Sup Lee -- Cancer prevention potential of diet and dietary supplements in epigenome modulation / Zdenko Herceg -- Role of dietary supplements in lowering ldl-cholesterol / Prabhjot Singh Nijjar -- Nutraceuticals and atherosclerosis : human trials. / Lina Badimon, Teresa Padro, and Gemma Vilahur -- Nutraceuticals in cardiovascular diseases : mechanisms and application / Srinivas M. Tipparaju, Jared Tur, and Siva K. Panguluri -- Potential of nutraceuticals against obesity complications / Kylie Conroy, Isobel Davidson, and Mary Warnock -- Role of nutraceutical supplements in the prevention and treatment of hypertension / Mark C. Houston -- Nutraceuticals in the treatment of metabolic syndrome / Francesco Visioli -- Medicinal herbs and dietary supplements in diabetes management / Poonam Tripathi and Awanish Kumar Pandey -- Nutrients for optimal lung function / Susan Ettinger -- Nutraceutical-gut microbiome interactions in human disease / Mukesh Verma -- Metabolic and potential health benefits of nutraceuticals on gut microbiome / Malay K. Das and Yashwant V. Pathak -- Nutraceuticals in the prevention of cognitive decline / Zhenzhen Zhang and L. Joseph Su -- Nutraceuticals in the prevention or treatment of parkinson's disease / Elizabeth Mazzio, Fran T. Close, and Karam F.A. Soliman -- Dietary supplements and other alternative substances for the treatment of multiple sclerosis / Angela Senders, Rebecca I. Spain, and Vijayshree Yadav -- Methodological issues conducting epidemiological research on nutraceuticals / Somdat Mahabir.
- Nutraceuticals in health and disease prevention 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrient acquisition by plants 2005, Springer
- Nutrient cycling in terrestrial ecosystems 2007, Springer
- Nutrient-drug interactions 2007, CRCnetBASEDiabetes, obesity, and metabolic syndrome -- Hypolipidemic therapy: drugs, diet, and interactive effects -- Phytochemicals, xenobiotic metabolism, and carcinogenesis -- Nutrient and phytochemical modulation of cancer treatment -- Role of nutritional antioxidants in the prevention and treatment of neurodegenerative disorders -- Nutrients and herbals in the pharmacotherapy of unipolar/major depression -- Supplements and anethesiology -- Nutrient-and drug-responsive polymorphic genes as nutrigenomic tools for prevention of cardiovascular disease and cancer -- Nutrigenomics and pharmacogenomics of human cancer: on the road from nutrigenetics and pharmacogenetics.
- Nutrient-gene interactions in cancer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Nutrients and cell signaling 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrients and epigenetics 2009, CRCnetBASEMethylation on the nucleosome / Da Jia and Xiaodong Cheng -- Mammalian DNA methyltransferases / Michael J. Boland and Judith K. Christman -- Chromatin remodeling and histone modifications / Gavin R. Schnitzler -- Nutrients and DNA methylation / Sang-Woon Choi, Roberto Corrocher, and Simonetta Friso -- Nutrients, histone modifications, and chromatin remodeling in chronic inflammation / Barbara Delage and Roderick H. Dashwood -- Nutrients, epigenetics, and embryonic development / Craig A. Cooney -- Nutrients, epigenetics, and aging / John C. Mathers and Dianne Ford -- Nutrition, epigenetics, and cancer / Sharon A. Ross -- Conclusions and future perspectives / Sang-Woon Choi and Simonetta Friso.
- Nutrients, dietary supplements, and nutriceuticals 2011, SpringerDesign of economic incentive instruments in nutrition policy -- Nutrition policy for the prevention of disease: issues of cost-effectiveness -- Economics of food fortification -- The economic value of dietary supplements: part I -- The economic value of dietary supplements: part II -- Fruit and vegetable prices, dietary intakes and income: potential cost versus benefit -- The role of ethnicity in shaping dietary patterns: a review on the social and psychological correlates of food consumption -- Low cost food, recovery and death in malnourished children -- Using price incentives to increase the consumption of fruits and vegetables among a low-income population -- Cost-effectiveness of nutritional interventions for bone health in children and young adults: what is known and where are the gaps? -- Economic evaluation of dental caries prevention programs using milk and its products as the vehicle for fluorides: cost versus benefits -- Cost effective natural antioxidants -- Zinc intervention strategies: costs and health benefits -- Multifaceted therapeutic value of roselle (hibiscus sabdariffa L. - malvaceae) -- The effectiveness and economical benefits of cosmetic treatments and procedures versus natural treatments and life style changes --Antiviral potential of vegetables: can they be cost-effective agents for human disease? -- Citrus products and their use against bacteria: potential health and cost benefits -- Potential chemopreventive effects of fruits, vegetables, and spices consumed in Mexico -- Bioactive nutritional supplements for chronic kidney disease: potential cost benefits -- Preoperative immunonutrition: cost-benefit analysis -- Nutritional management of hypertension: cost versus benefit -- Cost-effectiveness analysis of the Mediterranean diet for persons after a heart attack -- Nutrition and the benefits of early interventions in diabetes, cardiovascular and noncommunicable diseases -- Cost-effectiveness of glycemic control: economic considerations with lifestyle modification versus pharmacologic therapy in achieving glycemic targets in type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Benefits of low glycemic and high satiety index foods for obesity and diabetes control and management -- Importance and benefits of lifestyles changes versus diabetes drugs in effective management of diabetes -- Cost of pycnogenol supplementation and traditional diabetes treatments per unit of improved health outcome -- Pycnogenol supplementation and cardiovascular health: treatment and cost-benefit analysis.
- Nutrients, stress, and medical disorders 2005, SpringerStress revisited: a methodological and conceptual history / Martha M. Faraday -- Experimental protocols for the study of stress in animals and humans / Carla Gambarana -- Neurobiological foundations of stress / Michael R. Foy ... [et al.] -- The beneficial effects of fruit and vegetable supplementation on neuronal signaling and behavior in aging: beyond antioxidants / J.A. Joseph, B. Shukitt-Hale, and G. Casadesus -- Effects of stress and nutrition on blood-brain barrier functions / Akihiko Urayama and William A. Banks -- Essential fatty acids and stress / Shlomo Yehuda, Sharon Rabinovitz, and David I. Mostofsky -- Stress, glucocorticoids, and the brain / R.H. deRijk and E.R. de Kloet -- Herbal products, stress, and the mind / David Wheatley -- Stress and food craving / Sharon Rabinovitz -- Stress, alcohol consumption, and the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis / Maria M. Glavas and Joanne Weinberg -- Influences on diet and stress across space and time: a contextual perspective / Daniel Kim and Ichiro Kawachi -- Nutrition and stress and the developing fetus / Rinat Armony-Sivan and Arthur I. Eidelman -- Lipids and depression / Basant K. Puri -- Nicotine, sleep, and depression / Javier Velázquez-Moctezuma and René Drucker-Colín -- Aggresssion, fish oil, and noradrenergic activity / Tomohito Hamazaki -- Stress in the pathogenesis of eating disorders and obesity / Gal Dubnov and Elliot M. Berry -- Effect of dietary hypercholesteremia on host immune response / Roger M. Loria -- Treatment of Huntington's disease with eicosapentaenoic acid / Basant K. Puri -- Major stressors in women's health: the role of nutrition / Adrianne Bendich and Ronit Zilberboim -- Long-chain polyunsaturated fatty acids and metabolic syndrome X / Undurti N. Das -- Dietary management of stress using amino acid supplements / Miro Smriga and Kunio Torii -- Conditioned nutritional requirements of the failing heart / Michael J. Sole -- Polyunsaturated fatty acids and neuro-inflammation / Sophie Layé and Robert Dantzer -- Pathophysiological effects of inflammatory mediators and stress on distinct memory systems / Lisa A. Teather -- The interactions between nutrition and inflammatory stress throughout the life cycle / Robert F. Grimble.
- Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics 2004, Karger
- Nutrigenomics 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics : importance for functional foods and personalized nutrition / Lynnette R. Ferguson -- Variations in solute transporter genes affecting micronutrient solute transport and human health / Peter Eck -- Genetic variants in the omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acid metabolic pathways : their role in the determination of nutritional requirements and chronic disease risk / Artemis P. Simopoulos -- Nutrigenomic approaches to unravelling the physiological effects of complex foods / Peter J. Gillies and John P. Vanden Heuvel -- Modulating the risk of cardiovascular disease through nutrigenetics / Antonio Garcia-Rios ... [et al.] -- Modulating the risk of obesity and diabetes through nutrigenetics / Helen M. Roche and Catherine Phillips -- Nutrigenetics and Crohn's disease -- / Lynnette R. Ferguson -- Microbiome and host interactions in inflammatory bowel diseases : relevance for personalized nutrition / Wayne Young, Bianca Knoch, and Nicole C. Roy -- The importance of cell-specific gene expression patterns for understanding nutrient and gene interactions in inflammatory bowel diseases / Anna Russ ... [et al.] -- Data mining and network analysis : potential importance in nutrigenomics research / Varma Vijayalakshmi and Jim Kaput -- Metabolomics : an important tool for assessing state of health and risk of disease in nutrigenomics research / Hui Ming Lin and Daryl Rowan -- Epigenetics : what role could this play in functional foods and personalised nutrition? / Matthew P.G. Barnett, Shalom A. Bassett, and Emma Bermingham -- Foodomics to study efficacy of human dietary interventions : proof of principle study / Stephanie Ellett ... [et al.] -- Considerations in estimating genotype in nutrigenetic studies / Angharad R. Morgan -- Bringing nutrigenomics to the food industry : industry-academia partnerships as an important challenge / Ralf C. Schlothauer and Joerg Kistler -- Commercialisation of nutrigenetics and nutrigenomics / Virginia Parslow and Lynnette R. Ferguson -- Bringing nutrigenomics to the public : Is direct-to-consumer testing the future of nutritional genomics? / David Castle -- Nutritional genomics in practice : interaction with health professionals in bringing nutritional genomics to the public / Colleen Fogarty Draper -- Harvesting normative potential for nutrigenomic research / Bart Penders and Michiel Korthals -- Public health context for nutrigenomics and personalized nutrition / Elizabeth H. Marchlewicz, Karen E. Peterson, and Filbert S. Omenn -- Nutrigenomics and public health / Maria Agelli and John Milner.
- Nutrigenomics--opportunities in Asia 2007, KargerNutrition in the 'omics' era / J.A. Milner -- Nutrigenetics / A. El-Sohemy -- Epigenomics and nutrition / L. Cobiac -- Early nutrition: impact on epigenetics / J.C. Mathers -- Nutrition and genome health / M. Fenech -- Nutrition: ethics and social implications / I.H. Slamet-Loedin, U.A. Jenie -- Proteomics / V. Thongboonkerd -- Diet and genomic stability / G.P. Young -- High-throughput genotyping / J.E. Lee -- Nutrient-gene interactions in lipoprotein metabolism - overview / J.M. Ordovas, D. Corella, J. Kaput -- The genetics of lipoprotein metabolism and heart disease / E.S. Tai -- Gene-environment interactions and the diabetes epidemic in India / V. Mohan ... [et al.] -- Gene expression in low glycemic index diet - impact on metabolic control / E. Takeda ... [et al.] -- Genetic polymorphisms in folate-metabolizing enzymes and risk of gastroesophageal cancers: a potential nutrient-gene interaction in cancer development / D. Lin ... [et al.] -- Dietary quercetin inhibits proliferation of lung carcinoma cells / H. Hung -- Osteoporosis: the role of genetics and the environment / B. Ongphiphadhanakul -- Application of nutrigenomics in eye health / C. Delcourt -- Nutrigenomics of taste - impact on food preferences and food production / A. El-Sohemy ... [et al.] -- Prospects for improving the nutritional quality of dairy and meat products / S.G. Coffey -- Functionality of probiotics - potential for product development / J. Dekker ... [et al.] -- Developing the promise of nutrigenomics through complete science and international collaborations / J. Kaput -- ILSI's first international conference on nutrigenomics: oppotunities in Asia / R.F. Florentino.
- Nutrition and aging 2002, KargerThe Mitochondrial Genome, Aging and Neurodegenerative Disorders / D.A. Cottrell, D.M. Turnbull (Newcastle upon Tyne) -- Effects of Caloric Restriction on Gene Expression / R. Weindruch, T. Kayo, C.-K. Lee, T.A. Prolla (Madison, Wisc.) -- Early Life Effects on Aging / A. Aihie Sayer, C. Cooper (Southampton) -- Impaired Regulation of Energy Intake in Old Age / S.B. Roberts (Boston, Mass.) -- Aging and Body Composition / J.J. Kehayias (Boston, Mass.) -- Insulin Resistance: A Genetic Approach. Overview / M.T. Martinez Larrad, J.L. Gonzalez Sanchez, M. Serrano Rios (Madrid) -- Functional Changes in the Gastrointestinal System / S. Hirsch, M.P. de la Maza (Santiago) -- The Impact of Nutrition on Bone Health: New Concepts / P. Burckhardt (Lausanne) -- Nutrition and Cognition in Older Persons / J.E. Morley (St. Louis, Mo.) -- Known Related Effects of Nutrition on Aging Muscle Function / H. Payette (Sherbrooke) -- Exercise, Sarcopenia, Cognition, and Mood / R. Roubenoff (Boston, Mass.) -- The 2001 Assessment of Nutritional Influences on Risk of Cataract / A. Taylor, M. Hobbs (Boston, Mass.) -- Age-Related Changes in Hydration / M.J. Arnaud (Vittel) -- Nutrition and the Aging Immune Response / 0. Adolfsson, S.N. Meydani (Boston, Mass.) -- Physical Assessment for Aging Prediction / M. Ferry (Valence), B. Lesourd (Clermont-Ferrand), P. Pftizenmeyer (Dijon) -- Rationale for Tests of the Neuropsychiatric Effects of Nutrient Deficiency / M. Folstein, T. Scott (Boston, Mass.).
- Nutrition and AIDS. 2nd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and alcohol 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Nutrition and cancer prevention 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and diabetes 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Print MaterialNormal life stages -- Nutrition practices, food safety, allergies, skin, and miscellaneous conditions -- Pediatrics : birth defects and genetic and acquired disorders -- Neuro-psychiatric conditions -- Pulmonary disorders -- Cardiovascular disorders -- Gastrointestinal disorders -- Hepatic, pancreatic, and biliary disorders -- Endocrine disorders -- Malnutrition : obesity and undernutrition -- Musculo-skeletal and collagen disorders -- Hematology : anemias and blood disorders -- Cancer -- Surgical disorders -- AIDS and immunology, burns, sepsis, and trauma -- Renal disorders -- Enteral and parenteral nutrition therapy.
- Nutrition and diet in menopause 2013, SpringerOverview and General Aspects -- An Overview of the Extent and Nature of Menopause and Its Physiological Basis / Yvonne T. van der Schouw -- Body Composition and Menopausal Transition: A Bioanthropological Perspective / Sylvia Kirchengast M.A., -- Menopause-Related Physiological Changes and Their Possible Control Through Diet and Exercise / Igor Z. Zubrzycki, D.Sc., Magdalena Wiacek, Ted Greiner -- The Role of Polyphenols in Menopause / Isabel Baeza, Mónica De la Fuente -- Bone and Muscle -- Intestinal Calcium Absorption Efficiency in Women and the Influence of Menopause / John Aloia, Albert Shieh -- Calcium Absorption from Fortified Soymilk in Osteopenic Postmenopausal Women / Lily Stojanovska, Anne Lise Tang -- Postmenopausal Homocysteine, Vitamin B12, Folate Levels and Bone Metabolism: A Focus on Fractures / Berna Haliloglu, Hakan Peker -- Antioxidant Vitamins and Carotenoids Associated with Bone Mineral Density in Postmenopause Female Subjects: Japanese Perspectives / Minoru Sugiura -- Soy Protein Isoflavones and Their Effect on Bone in Postmenopausal Women / J. Christopher Gallagher, Vinod Yalamanchili -- S-equol, a Natural Metabolite of Soy Daidzein, for the Treatment of Menopausal Symptoms and Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women / Richard L. Jackson, Jeffrey S. Greiwe, Richard J. Schwen -- Tofu in Menopause Therapy and Prevention / Wangjing Ke M.P.H., Ronald Ross Watson -- Dietary Phytoestrogens in Preventing Osteoporosis in Postmenopausal Women: Italian Aspects / Luigi Mario Chiechi -- Curcumin and Its Potential Effects on the Development of Postmenopausal Osteoporosis / Joanna Folwarczna -- Menopause and Sarcopenia: Dietary and Nutritional Aspects / Sébastien Barbat-Artigas, Mylène Aubertin-Leheudre -- Cardiovascular System, Metabolism and Cancer -- Effects of Flaxseed on Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors in Menopause / Maureen Meister, Brenda J. Smith, Bahram H. Arjmandi -- Magnesium Metabolism in Menopause / S. S. Avinash,, Sreekantha, -- Effect of Folic Acid Supplementation in Postmenopausal Women / Giancarlo Paradisi, Francesca Ianniello, Francesca Basile -- Use of Diet and Myoinositol in Postmenopausal Women: A New Approach to the Metabolic Syndrome / Rosario D'Anna, Maria Lieta Interdonato -- Leptin and Obesity in Ovarian Dysfunction in Menopause / Patrick Rene Diel, Carmen Weigt -- Fat and Fat Distribution in Menopause: Chinese Aspects / Xiaoguang Ma, Wei He, Shankuan Zhu -- Nutrition and Breast Cancer in Premenopausal and Postmenopausal Women in Uruguay / Alvaro L. Ronco, Eduardo De Stéfani -- Obesity, Nutrition, and Cancer in Menopause: European Perspectives / Krasimira Aleksandrova -- Vitamin D and the Menopause: A Focus on Apoptosis in Cancer / Henk R. Franke -- Gynecological Malignancies and Diet in Menopause: From the Biological and Epidemiological Viewpoints / Kiyoshi Ito, Hironobu Sasano, Nobuo Yaegashi -- Psychological Aspects and Cognitive Function -- The Psychology of the Menopause: The Experiences During the Transition and Individual Conceptualization of Menopause / Eleonora Bielawska-Batorowicz -- Cognitive Decline in Menopause / Cristina Larroy, Rosa Vera -- An Overview of Menopausal Dietary Supplements and Cognition / Yuri N. Clement -- Black Cohosh for the Menopausal Transition: Issues of Safety and Efficacy / Gail B. Mahady -- Preclinical Studies: Implications for Human Health -- Animal Models of Menopausal Metabolism / Jameela Banu, Gabriel Fernandes -- Phytoestrogen α-Zearalanol in an Animal Model of Menopause / Wen Wang -- Flaxseed and Bone Health in Animal Models of Menopause / Wendy Elizabeth Ward, Lilian U. Thompson -- Flavonoids of Herba Epimedii and Bone Metabolism in Experimental Ovarian Deficiency / Man-Sau Wong, Yan Zhang -- Dietary Plant Maslinic Acid in Ovariectomy Model of Menopause / Jian Luo, Mingyao Liu -- Interlinking Diet, Nutrition, Menopause and Recommended Resources / Roshanna Rajendram B.Sc. (hons)
- Nutrition and exercise concerns of middle age 2009, CRCnetBASESection I.Introduction --Introduction: nutrition and exercise concerns of middle age /Judy A. Driskell --Section II.Energy-yielding nutrients --Carbohydrates /Michael S. Green and J. Andrew Doyle --Lipids /Sarah J. Ehlers, Heather E. Rasmussen, and Ji-Young Lee --Proteins /Brian S. Snyder and Mark D. Haub --Section III.Vitamins --Fat-soluble vitamins /Maria Stacewicz-Sapuntzakis and Gayatri Borthakur --Vitamin C /Herb E. Schellhorn and Yi Li --B-vitamins /George U. Liepa ...[et al.] --Section IV.Minerals --Major minerals--calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus /Forrest H. Nielsen --Iron /Emily M. Haymes --Trace elements excluding iron--chromium and zinc /Henry C. Lukaski and Angus G. Scrimgeour --Section V.Fluids and hydration --Fluids, electrolytes, and hydration /Douglas S. Kalman --Section VI.Other commonly consumed substances --Caffeine and tannins /Joy Kandiah and Valerie A. Amend --Herbal supplements /Jidong Sun and David W. Giraud --Section VII.Recreational activities --Endurance training /Shawn R. Simonson and Catherine G. Ratzin-Jackson --Resistance training /Robert J. Moffatt, Jacob M. Wilson, and Tait Lawrence --Section VIII.Age-related disorders --Cardiovascular issues /Susan Hazels Mitmesser --Cancer /Farid E. Ahmed.
- Nutrition and fitness 2008, KargerNutrition and fitness from the first Olympiad in 776 BC to the 21st century and the concept of positive health / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Omega-3 fatty acids, exercise, physical activity, and athletics / Simopoulos, A.P. -- Omega-6 fatty acids and excessive adipose tissue development / Ailhaud, G. -- Non-conventional genetic risk factors for cardiovascular disease / Allayee, H. -- ApoE genotype : impact on health, fitness, and nutrition / Angelopoulos, T.J., Lowndes, J.-- Nutrition in the prevention of chronic diseases / Tapsell, L.C., Probst, Y.C. -- Exercise and obesity : lifestyle modification as a means in prevention and treatment / Pavlou, K.N. -- Nutritional risk factors for gastrointestinal cancers : the multiethnic cohort study / Kolonel, L.N. -- Mediterranean food and diets, global resource for the control of metabolic syndrome and chronic diseases / Urquiaga, I. ... [et al.] -- The role of government in nutrition and fitness / Bourne, P.G.-- Balancing the scales : a common-sense look at global nutrition problems and what can be done about them / Clay, W.D. -- Historical perspective : the antiquity of exercise, exercise physiology and the exercise prescription for health / Tipton, C.M. -- Declaration of Olympia on nutrition and fitness : ancient Olympia, Greece, May 28-29, 1996.
- Nutrition and fitness. Part 1, Obesity, the metabolic syndrome, cardiovascular disease, and cancer 2005, KargerCriteria and classification of obesity in Japan and Asia-Oceania / M. Kanazaw ... [et al.] - Exercise and obesity in China / C. Chang -- Obesity in childhood: the Greek experience / A. Kafatos, C.A. Codrington, M. Linardakis -- Epidemiology of physical activity from adolescence to young adulthood / D.J. Aaron, Y.S. Jekal, R.E. Laporte -- Adolescent obesity and physical activity / N. Hwalla, A.M. Sibai, N. Adra -- Nutrition and physical activity of the population in Serbia / M. Pavlovic, V. Grujic, A. Oshaug -- Physical activity and body composition / D. Andreoli, A. De Lorenzo -- Syndrome X: clinical aspects / D. Labadarios -- Metabolic syndrome: is there a pathophysiological common denominator?: lessons learned from the Pima Indians / P.A. Tataranni -- Lifestyle-gene-drug interactions in relation to the Metabolic syndrome / L. Storlien ... [et al.] -- Coronary heart disease, genetics, nutrition and physical activity / M.B. Donati, I. Iacoviello -- Role of nutrients and physical activity in gene expression / R. De Caterina, R. Madonna -- Physical activity and hypertension: an overview / G.P. Rontoyannis --Omega-3 fatty acids and ventricular arrhythmias / A. Leaf, J.X. Kang, Y.-F. Xiao -- A method for the direct evaluation of the fatty acid status in a drop of blood from a fingertip in humans: application to population studies and correlations with biological parameters / F. Marangoni, C. Colombo, C. Galli -- Measurement error in the assessment of interaction between dietary and genetic factors in cohort studies of cancer / S.A. Bingham -- Cancer frequency in poor rural communities consuming a very limited diet / M. Muñoz Rivera ... [et al.] -- Omega-6/omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids ratio and breast cancer / P. Bougnoux, V. Maillard, V. Chajés -- Fish, [omega]-3 polyunsaturated fat intake and cancer at selected sites / A. Tavani ... [et al.] -- Cancer risk reduction by physical exercise / A. Willer.
- Nutrition and fitness. Part 2, Mental health, aging, and the implementation of a healthy diet and physical activity lifestyle 2005, Karger
- Nutrition and gastrointestinal disease 2008, Springer
- Nutrition and growth 2013, Karger"Growth as an indicator of health is more sensitive than commonly believed and can serve as an early sign of imbalance, before other malfunctions manifest themselves. Particularly in developing countries, growth failure in infants and children is related to mortality, morbidity and impaired brain development, and increases the risk of adult-onset non-communicable diseases. This publication focuses on the challenges of the interaction between nutrition and growth in the pediatric age group. Subjects covered include the interplay between nutrition and the IGF axis; early feeding and later growth; growth charts (including an update on the implementation of the WHO growth standards); various aspects of obesity; nutrition and growth of premature infants and of children with specific diseases; and the interaction between bone health, nutrition and growth. Containing lectures from the '1st International Conference on Nutrition and Growth' (Paris 2012), this book is a valuable source of information for pediatricians, nutritionists, neonatologists, and experts in child development."--Publisher's website.
- Nutrition and health 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and health in developing countries. 2nd ed. 2008, Springer
- Nutrition and heart disease 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and kidney disease 2007, KargerNutritional status, psychological issues, and survival in hemodialysis patients / Cohen, S.D., Kimmel, P.L. -- Body protein index based on bioelectrical impedance analysis is a useful new marker assessing nutritional status: applications to patients with chronic renal failure on maintenance dialysis / Nakao, T. ... [et al.] -- Nutritional assessment by a new method for patients with renal disease / Kanno, Y., Sasaki, S., Suzuki, H. -- Protein intake of more than 0.5g/kg bw/day is not effective in suppressing the progression of chronic renal failure / Ideura, T. ... [et al.] -- Diet therapy in diabetic nephropathy / Maeda, Y., Shiigai, T. -- Nutritional therapy for patients undergoing hemodialysis / Kumagai, H. -- Diet therapy in patients receiving peritoneal dialysis / Kanno, Y. -- Diet therapy after kidney transplantation: a comparative debate between Japan and Western countries / Nishi, S. ... [et al.] -- Sodium and kidney disease / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Dietary protein intake and kidney disease in Western diet / Pecoits-Filho, R. -- Phosphate restriction in diet therapy / Takeda, E. ... [et al.] -- Salt and excess food intake produced diabetic nephropathy in Japan / Takane, H. ... [et al.].
- Nutrition and mental health 2013, CRCnetBASEHistorical perspective -- Addiction, food, alcohol, and caffeine -- Aggression, anger, hostility, and violence -- Autism spectrum disorders (ASD) and attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) -- Genetics, nutrition, and inherited disorders of metetabolism -- Intellect, cognition, and dementia -- Mood disorders : depression, bipolar disorder, and suicide -- Schizophrenia -- Starvation, eating disorders, craving, dieting, and bariatric surgery -- Quality of life, well-being, and stress.
- Nutrition and metabolism 2009, Springer
- Nutrition and oral medicine 2005, SpringerImpact of dietary quality and nutrition on general health status / Connie C. Mobley and Teresa Marshall -- Pregnancy, child nutrition, and oral health / Connie C. Mobley and Elizabeth Reifsnider -- Age-related changes in oral health status affects on diet and nutrition / Carole A. Palmer -- Impact of the environment, ethnicity, and culture on nutrition and health / Joanne Kouba -- Bidirectional impact of oral health and general health / Angela Kamer, David A. Sirois, and Maureen Huhmann -- Impacts and interrelationships between medications -- Nutrition, diet, and oral health / Miriam Robbins -- Oral consequences of compromised nutritional well being / Paula J. Moynihan and Peter Lingstom -- Nutritional consequences of oral conditions and diseases / A. Ross Kerr and Riva Touger-Decker -- Complementary and alternative medical practices and their impact on oral and nutritional health / Ruth M. DeBusk and Diane Rigassio Radler -- Emerging research and practices regarding nutrition, diet and oral medicine / Shelby Kashket and Dominick P. DePaola -- Diabetes mellitus: nutrition and oral health relationships / Riva Touger Decker, David A. Sirois, and Anthony T. Vernillo -- Oral and pharyngeal cancer / Douglas E. Morse -- Human immunodeficiency virus / Anita Patel and Michael Glick -- Autoimmune diseases / David A. Sirois and Riva Touger-Decker -- Osteoporosis / Elizabeth A. Krall -- Wound healing / Marion F. Winkler and Suzanne Makowski -- Approaches to oral nutrition health risk assessment / Riva Touger-Decker and David A. Sirois -- Oral medicine and nutrition education / Riva Touger-Decker and David A. Sirois.
- Nutrition and oral medicine. Second edition. 2014, SpringerNutrition and Oral Medicine, Second Edition addresses the complex, multifaceted relationships between nutrition and oral health, explores proposed relationships between oral, systemic and nutritional well-being and provides insights into interprofessional, comprehensive care for individuals. Chapters focus on diet, nutrition and oral health promotion and disease prevention across the lifespan, oral and dental diseases and disorders, oral manifestations of systemic diseases, and discussions of the synergy between oral tissues and nutrients. Cutting edge research issues regarding the relationship of individual antioxidants, trace elements, polyphenols and other nutrient substrates and oral health/disease, nutrigenomics, screening for nutrition and oral risk and other areas are covered in detail. Editors and authors include experts in nutrition and oral health from around the world. Nutrition and Oral Medicine, Second Edition is a invaluable resource for health professionals in the fields of nutrition and dentistry as well as other disciplines whose research, practice and education includes nutrition and oral medicine. It is an excellent resource for graduate level nutrition and dental students, dental and nutrition practitioners, educators and researchers as well as other health professionals.
- Nutrition and rheumatic disease 2008, Springer
- Nutrition and skin 2011, SpringerVitamin A and the Skin -- Relevance of the Cutaneous Vitamin D Endocrine System for Skin Physiology and Treatment of Skin Diseases -- Photoprotection of the Skin with Vitamins C and E: Antioxidants and Synergies -- Carotenoids and Skin -- Antioxidants and Skin -- Minerals and the Skin -- Minerals and the Skin -- Probiotics and Skin -- Introduction and Overview -- Diet and Acne -- Glycemic Load and Acne -- Essential Fatty Acids and Atopic Dermatitis -- Hair Biology and Nutritional Influences -- Detecting and Monitoring Nutrients on Skin Using Noninvasive Methods -- Nutritional Clinical Studies in Dermatology.
- Nutrition and the eye 2005, KargerChemopreventive compounds in the diet / Schreier, P. -- Vitamin C, vitamin E and flavonoids / Janisch, K.M. ... [et al.] -- Macular carotenoids: lutein and zeaxanthin / Stahl, W. -- Selenium, selenoproteins and vision / Flohé, L. -- Nutritional supplementation to prevent cataract formation / Meyer, C.H.; Sekundo, W. -- Nutrition and retina / Schmidt-Erfurth, U.
- Nutrition and the strength athlete 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition and type 2 diabetes 2014, CRCnetBASE"Focusing on the worldwide impact of type 2 diabetes regarding nutrition, dietary modification, risk, and management, this book draws on evidence-based research and provides numerous epidemiologic cohort studies, as well as carefully conducted clinical trials. Chapters correlate treatment modes and risk factors as well as the global impact of nutrition back to the basic premise held in the etiology of the disease. Topics include historical perspectives; macronutrients, micronutrients, food, dietary beverages, and dietary patterns; diet-gene interactions; and the role of age, ethnicity, and other demographics in modifying treatment for type 2 diabetes"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutrition and wound healing 2007, CRCnetBASEOverview of nutrition and wound healing / Joseph A. Molnar -- Carbohydrates and wound healing / Carol Ireton-Jones, George U. Liepa -- Fat and wound healing / John J. Turek -- Protein and wound healing / Maggie L. Dylewski and Yong-Ming Yu -- Glutamine and wound healing / Mark B. Schoemann ... [et al.] -- Arginine and wound healing / Vanita Ahuja, Majida Rizk, and Adrian Barbul -- B vitamins and wound healing / George U. Liepa ... [et al.] -- Vitamin C and wound healing / Hideharu Tanaka and Joseph A. Molnar -- Fat-soluble vitamins and wound healing / Michelle M. Gottschlich -- Trace elements and wound healing / Thomas G. Baumgartner -- Nutrition and wound healing in burns, trauma, and sepsis / Corilee A. Watters, Edward E. Tredgett, and Carmelle Cooper -- Nutrition and wound healing in cancer / Perry Shen and Shayn Martin -- Nutrition and wound healing at the age extremes / Hannah G. Piper, Tom Jaksic, and Patrick J. Javid -- Pharmacologic manipulation of the healing wound: the role of hormones / Robert H. Demling.
- Nutrition and your health. 5th ed. Fulltext
- Print MaterialOverview of nutrition counseling -- Communication skills -- Counseling skills to facilitate self-management -- Nutrition counseling in treatment of obesity -- Nutrition counseling in prevention and treatment of coronary heart disease -- Nutrition counseling in treatment of diabetes -- Nutrition counseling in treatment of renal disease -- Nutrition counseling in treatment of hypertension -- Nutrition counseling for cancer risk prevention -- Evaluation and follow-up.
- Unit one: Principles of nutrition -- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy metabolism -- Unit two: Nutrition in health promotion -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for adults and older adults -- Unit three: Nutrition in clinical practice -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients: hospital food and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Critical illness and hypermetabolic conditions -- Nutrition for patients with gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with renal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Nutrition in nursing -- Carbohydrates -- Protein -- Lipids -- Vitamins -- Water and minerals -- Energy balance -- Guidelines for healthy eating -- Consumer issues -- Cultural and religious influences on food and nutrition -- Healthy eating for healthy babies -- Nutrition for infants, children, and adolescents -- Nutrition for older adults -- Obesity and eating disorders -- Feeding patients : oral diets and enteral and parenteral nutrition -- Nutrition for patients with metabolic or respiratory stress -- Nutrition for patients with upper gastrointestinal disorders -- Nutrition for patients with disorders of the lower GI tract and accessory organs -- Nutrition for patients with diabetes mellitus -- Nutrition for patients with cardiovascular disorders -- Nutrition for patients with kidney disorders -- Nutrition for patients with cancer or HIV/AIDS.
- Nutrition for healthy skin 2011, SpringerThis extraordinary reference describes the scientific basis, summarizes the existing evidence that functional food for skin really works, and addresses the key questions asked by dermatologists and patients when it comes to practical aspects of nutrition based strategies in clinical and cosmetical dermatology. It is believed that this helpful guide will become the golden standard, the 'bible' for this given topic, which will be used by dermatologists, industry people and interested patients.
- Nutrition guide for physicians 2010, Springer
- Nutrition handbook for food processors 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition in clinical practice. 2nd ed. 2008, OvidClinically relevant carbohydrate metabolism -- Clinically relevant fat metabolism -- Clinically relevant protein metabolism -- Overview of clinically relevant micronutrient metabolism -- Diet, weight regulation, and obesity -- Diet, diabetes mellitus, and insulin resistance -- Diet, atherosclerosis, and ischemic heart disease -- Diet and hypertension -- Diet and hemostasis -- Diet and cerebrovascular and peripheral vascular disease -- Diet and immunity -- Diet and cancer -- Diet and hematopoiesis: nutritional anemias -- Diet, bone metabolism, and osteoporosis -- Diet and respiratory diseases -- Diet and renal disease -- Diet and hepatobiliary disease -- Diet and common gastrointestinal disorders -- Diet, dyspepsia, and peptic ulcer disease -- Diet and rheumatologic disease -- Diet and neurologic disorders -- Diet and dermatoses -- Diet and wound healing -- Food allergy and intolerance -- Eating disorders -- Malnutrition and cachexia -- Diet, pregnancy, and lactation -- Diet and the menstrual cycle -- Diet and early development: pediatric nutrition -- Diet and adolescence -- Diet and senescence -- Ergogenic effects of foods and nutrients: diet and athletic performance -- Endocrine effects of diet: phytoestrogens -- Diet, sleep-wake cycles, and mood -- Diet and cognitive function -- Diet and vision -- Diet and dentition -- Hunger, appetite, taste, and satiety -- Health effects of chocolate -- Health effects of ethanol -- Health effects of coffee -- Macronutrient food substitutes -- Vegetarianism, veganism, and macrobiotic diets -- Culture, evolutionary biology, and the determinants of dietary preference -- Dietary recommendations for health promotion and disease prevention -- Models of behavior modification for diet and activity patterns and weight management -- Dietary counseling in clinical practice.
- Nutrition in intensive care medicine 2013, KargerFrom mitochondrial disturbances to energy requirements / P. Singer -- Protein metabolism and requirements / G. Biolo -- How to choose the route / I. Grecu -- How to prescribe nutritional support using computers / M.M. Berger -- Oral feeding / A. Alvárez-Falcón, S. Ruiz-Santana -- Enteral nutrition / R. Anbar -- Parenteral nutrition / R. Thibault, C. Pichard -- Can nutrition support interfere with recovery from acute critical illness? / R.C. Schulman, J.I. Mechanick -- Glucose control / J.-C. Preiser -- Glutamine / M. Kim, P.E. Wischmeyer -- Leucine and citrulline : two major regulators of protein turnover / L. Cynober, J.-P. de Bandt, C. Moinard -- The surgical/trauma patient / A. Weimann -- Nutrition and sepsis / J. Cohen, W.D.N. Chin -- The renal failure patient / W. Druml -- N-3 fatty acids and y-linolenic acid supplementation in the nutritional support of ventilated patients with acute lung injury or acute respiratory distress syndrome / S. Lev, P. Singer -- Obesity / D.C. Frankenfield -- Nutritional imbalances during extracorporeal life support / I. Kagan, P. Singer -- Nutrition in pancreatitis / S.A. McClave -- Which nutritional regimen for the comorbid complex intensive care unit patient? / P. Singer, H. Weinberger, B. Tadmor -- Nutrition support for wound healing in the intensive care unit patient / M. Theilla.
- Nutrition in kidney disease 2008, Springer
- Nutrition in kidney disease. Second edition [2nd ed.]. 2014, SpringerNutrition in Kidney Disease, Second Edition addresses the relationships between nutrition and (1) normal kidney function and disease, (2) the progressiveness of chronic kidney disease (CKD) and strategies to prevent further compromise, and (3) the treatment and management of kidney failure especially during medical crises, such as acute kidney injury and its consequent nutritional therapies (e.g., enteral and parenteral nutrition). Demographic patterns, trends and outcomes in the current health care systems are explored in the United States and abroad. Disease prevention and management are presented over the entire lifespan, beginning with pregnancy, followed by infancy, childhood, adolescence, and adulthood, concluding with the elder years. Foundations for clinical practice are established by devoting a complete section towards conducting a comprehensive nutritional assessment, comprising of anthropometric, biochemical, clinical, physical parameters and psychosocial concerns unique to the kidney disease population. Nutritional therapy is also discussed across the spectrum of kidney disease, and pertinent aspects critical to successful management of disorders and conditions, such as bone disease, obesity, and nephrotic syndrome are explored. Nutrition in Kidney Disease, Second edition highlights cutting edge research in regards to exercise and functional outcomes, malnutrition and the inflammatory response, experimental therapies, and the use of complementary and alternative medicine, with a special emphasis on relevant preventative strategies.
- Nutrition in public health 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease 2001, ScienceDirect
- Nutrition support for infants and children at risk 2007, KargerThe development of atopic phenotypes: genetic and environmental determinants / Wahn, U. ... [et al.] -- Food allergy to proteins / Nowak-Wegrzyn, A. -- Hypoallergenicity: a principle for the treatment of food allergy / Beyer, K. -- The concept of hypoallergenicity for atopy prevention / von Berg, A. -- The concept of oral tolerance induction to foods / Lack, G. -- Chronic enteropathy: molecular basis / Ruemmele, F.M. -- Chronic enteropathy: clinical aspects / Gibbons, T.; Fuchs, G.J. -- Transition from parenteral to enteral nutrition / Milla, P.J. -- Chronic entereropathy and feeding / Salvatore, S.; Hauser, B.; Vandenplas, Y. -- Stressed mucosa / Davidson, G.; Kritas, S.; Butler, R. -- Nutrition for children with cholestatic liver disease / Los, E.L. ... [et al.] -- Nutrient requirements of premature infants / Ziegler, E.E. -- Nutritional assessment in preterm infants / Griffin, I.J. -- Early aggressive nutrition in very preterm infants / Thureen, P.J. -- Discussion on 'Human milk fortification' / Putet, G. -- Postdischarge nutrition of preterm infants: more questions than answers / Cooke, R.J.
- Nutrition support for the critically ill patient 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutrition therapy for chronic kidney disease 2012, CRCnetBASE"This book presents variations in nutritional therapy through the five stages of chronic kidney disease. Chapters cover history of renal disease management and pathophysiology; electrolyte and acid-based disorders; acute renal disease; dialysis techniques; children/adolescents with chronic kidney disease; pregnancy with chronic kidney disease; bone and mineral disorders management; drug-nutrient/drug supplements; endocrine and lipid management; anemia management; enteral and parenteral support; nutrition post transplant; and establishing quality of life improvement parameters. The text links clinical applications to the Kidney Foundation Outcome Quality Initiative resources and provides dietary and supplement recommendations"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutrition, diet and cancer 2012, SpringerAberrant Signaling Pathways in Cancer: Modulation by the Dietary Flavonoid, Quercetin /Ramamurthi Vidya Priyadarsini and Siddavaram Nagini --Micronutrients and Cancer: Add Spice to Your Life /Sahdeo Prasad, Subash C. Gupta and Bharat B. Aggarwal --Chemoprevention of Prostate Cancer with Cruciferous Vegetables: Role of Epigenetics /Laura M. Beaver, David E. Williams, Roderick H. Dashwood and Emily Ho --Molecular Insight and Preclinical Perspective of Thymoquinone as Chemopreventive Agent and Therapeutic Adjunct in Cancer /Sanjeev Banerjee, Mansi Parasramka, Fazlul H. Sarkar and Ramzi M. Mohammad --Dietary Biofactors in the Management of Cancer: Myth or Reality? /Vidushi S. Neergheen-Bhujun, K. S. Kang, O. I. Aruoma and T. Bahorun --Nutritional Compounds as Chemopreventive Agents by Proteasome Inhibition /Kristin Landis-Piwowar, Elizabeth Smerczak, Jian Zuo and Q. Ping Dou --STAT Signaling in Cancer Prevention /Su-Ni Tang, Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --[gamma][delta] T Cells, Tea and Cancer /Jingwei Lu, Vincent J. Pompili and Hiranmoy Das --Phytochemical Intakes with a Mediterranean Diet: Levels Achievable with an Exchange List Diet and Potential Biomarkers in Blood /Zora Djuric --Plant Polyphenols and Their Role in Cancer Prevention and Chemotherapy /Sharmila Shankar, Brahma N. Singh and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Role of Food Micro-molecules in the Prevention of Cancer /Latha Sabikhi, Alok Jha, Sudhir Kumar Tomer and Ashish Kumar Singh.The Protective Role of Zinc in Cancer: A Potential Chemopreventive Agent /Bin Bao, Amir Ahmad, Azfar S Azmi, Zhiwei Wang and Sanjeev Banerjee, et al. --Diet-Induced Epigenetic Changes and Cancer Prevention: A Mantra for Healthy Living /Ajay Goel and Gaurav Chaturvedi --Western Diet-Induced Pancreatic Cancer /M. Mura Assifi and Guido Eibl --Intracellular Signaling Network as a Prime Chemotherapy Target of Green Tea Catechin, (-)-Epigallocatechin-3-gallate /Brahma N. Singh, Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Role of Dietary Antioxidants in Cancer /C. M. Ajila and S. K. Brar --Curcumin: Structure, Biology and Clinical Applications /Sharmila Shankar and Rakesh K. Srivastava --Obesity, Cancer and Psychopathology: Can Vegetarian Diet Be of Help? /Vikas Kumar, Ajit Kumar Thakur and Shyam Sunder Chatterjee --Dietary Phytochemicals as Epigenetic Modulators in Cancer /Vijay S. Thakur and Sanjay Gupta --Modulation of the Nrf2 Signaling Pathway by Chemopreventive Dietary Phytoconstituents /Altaf S. Darvesh and Anupam Bishayee --Role of Fish Oil from Gene Expression to Pharmacological Effect in Cancer Prevention /Malay Chatterjee, Subhadeep Das, Mary Chatterjee and Kaushik Roy --Antioxidant Supplements: An Evidence-Based Approach to Health Benefits and Risks /Goran Bjelakovic, Dimitrinka Nikolova and Christian Gluud --Natural Antioxidants and Their Role in Cancer Prevention /Akanksha Singh, Akansha Jain, Birinchi Kumar Sarma, Alok Jha and H. B. Singh --Dietary and Non-dietary Phytochemicals in Cancer Control /Dhanir Tailor and Rana P. Singh.
- Nutrition, lifestyle factors, and blood pressure 2012, CRCnetBASE"Aiming to increase awareness, this book covers measures to prevent health conditions and diseases that are associated with high blood pressure. The first section provides a comprehensive review of diet, nutrition, lifestyle, and blood pressure control. It also discusses the consequences of high blood pressure, including heart disease, kidney disease, diabetes, and stroke. The second section focuses on implementation of strategies to promote behavioral changes for blood pressure control. The final section addresses key subgroup populations and situations that require special considerations. Case studies demonstrate how lifestyle factors can be changed to control blood pressure"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutrition. 4th ed. 2011Print Material
- Nutritional anemias 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional applications in exercise and sport 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional assessment of athletes 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional assessment of athletes. 2nd ed. 2011, CRCnetBASE"Evaluating dietary intake, determining energy metabolism, and conducting other nutritional assessments are essential in understanding the relationships between diet, exercise, health, and physical performance, especially in athletes. Several methods exist, each with their own advantages and limitations. Extensively referenced and filled with numerous tables and figures, this timely book focuses on the nutritional assessment of both recreational and professional athletes, including children, adolescents, and adults. In one volume, it presents methods for all types of nutritional evaluations, including dietary, anthropometric, physical activity needs, biochemical, and clinical assessments"--Provided by publisher.
- Nutritional biochemistry. 2nd ed. 1999, ScienceDirect
- Nutritional care of preterm infants 2014, KargerHistorical perspective / R.C. Tsang -- Defining the nutritional needs of preterm infants / R. Uauy, B. Koletzko -- Nutrition, growth and clinical outcomes / R.A. Ehrenkranz -- Assessing the evidence from neonatal nutrition research / H. Szajewska, B. Koletzko, F.B. Mimouni, R. Uauy -- Amino acids and proteins / J.B. van Goudoever, H. Vlaardingerbroek, C.H. van den Akker, F. de Groof, S.R.D. van der Schoor -- Energy requirements, protein-energy metabolism and balance, and carbohydrates in preterm infants / W.W. Hay Jr., L.D. Brown, S.C. Denne -- Enteral and parenteral lipid requirements of preterm infants / A. Lapillonne -- Water, sodium, potassium and chloride / C. Fusch, F. Jochum -- Nutritional care of premature infants : microminerals / M. Domellöf -- Calcium, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamin d requirements of the preterm infant / F.B. Mimouni, D. Mandel, R. Lubetzky, T. Senterre -- Vitamins : conventional uses and new insights / A. Leaf, Z. Lansdowne -- The developing intestinal microbiome : probiotics and prebiotics / J. Neu -- Practice of parenteral nutrition in VLBW and ELBW infants / N.D. Embleton, K. Simmer -- Preterm nutrition and the brain / S.E. Ramel, M.K. Georgieff -- Practice of enteral nutrition in very low birth weight and extremely low birth weight infants / T. Senterre -- Human milk and human milk fortifiers / E.E. Ziegler -- Approaches to growth faltering / B. Poindexter -- Preterm nutrition and the lung / F. Moya -- Necrotizing enterocolitis / J. Neu -- Feeding the preterm infant after discharge / A. Lapillonne -- Meeting the challenge of providing neonatal nutritional care to very or extremely low birth weight infants in low-resource settings / T. Murguia-Peniche, G.F. Kirsten -- Recommended nutrient intake levels for stable, fully enterally fed very low birth weight infants / B. Koletzko, B. Poindexter, R. Uauy.
- Nutritional concerns in recreation, exercise, and sport 2009, CRCnetBASEEnergy requirements /Benjamin F. Miller and Barry Braun --Carbohydrates and fats /Mark Kern --Proteins /Tom J. Hazell and Peter W. R. Lemon --Vitamins /Young-Nam Kim and Judy A. Driskell --Minerals-calcium, magnesium, chromium, and boron /Stella J. Volpe --Hydration /Susan M. Kleiner and Douglas S. Kalman --Weight management /Richard B. Kreider and Colin D. Wilborn --Endurance performance /Ellen J. Coleman --Purported ergogenic aids /Abbie E. Smith, Sarah E. Tobkin, Jeffrey R. Stout and Christopher M. Lockwood --Life cycle concerns /Peter R. J. Reaburn and Fiona E. Pelly.
- Nutritional concerns of women. 2nd ed. 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional counseling for lifestyle change 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional epidemiology of breast cancer 2012, Springer
- Print MaterialOverview of nutritional epidemiology -- Foods and nutrients / Walter Willett and Laura Sampson -- Nature of variation in diet -- 24-hour recall and diet record methods / Tom Baranowski -- Food frequency methods -- Reproducibility and validity of food-frequency questionnaires / Walter Willett and Elizabeth Lenart -- Recall of remote diet -- Biochemical indicators of dietary intake / Rob M. Van Dam and David Hunter -- Anthropometric measures and body composition / Walter Willett and Frank Hu -- Assessment of physical activity in nutritional epidemiology / Frank Hu -- Implications of total energy intake for epidemiologic analyses -- Correction for the effects of measurement error -- Issues in analysis and presentation of dietary data -- Genetics in dietary analyses -- Nutrition monitoring and surveillance / Tim Byers and Rebecca L. Sedjo -- Policy applications -- Vitamin A and lung cancer / Walter Willett and Graham Colditz -- Dietary fat and breast cancer -- Diet and coronary heart disease / Walter Willett and Meir Stampfer -- Folic acid and neural tube defects / Walter Willett and Elizabeth Lenart -- Future research directions.
- Nutritional ergogenic aids 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional influences on bone health 2013, SpringerNutritional Influences on Bone Health presents a collection of papers from the 8th International Symposium on Nutritional Aspects of Osteoporosis, the primary forum for and only regular meeting exclusively devoted to the topic of nutritional influences on bone health. The outcome is a fusion of the most current and up-to-date research in this area. Key themes include the permeation of the Western diet across the globe, calcium, vitamin D and acid-base balance. Written by authorities on the impact of nutrition on bone health, Nutritional Influences on Bone Health brings the reader the emerging trends, new messages and the latest scientific data in the field, to inform future research and clinical practice. This comprehensive, well researched volume is an essential reference for professionals in the field of bone health and nutrition.
- Nutritional influences on bone health 2010, SpringerDietary protein and bone mass accrual -- Protein effects on bone and muscle in elderly women -- Dietary protein and bone health: the urgent need for large-scale supplementation studies -- Protein intake during weight loss: effects on bone -- A comparison of Asian Asian and American Asian populations: calcium and bone accretion during formation of peak bone mass -- Estimating calcium requirements -- Independent and combined effects of exercise and calcium on bone structural and material properties in older adults -- The bone benefits of calcium and exercise in children -- Calcium supplementation plays a positive role in bone and body composition in Chinese adolescents -- Effects of high calcium and vitamin D diets on changes in body fat, lean mass, and bone mineral density by self-controlled dieting for 4 months in young Asian women -- Trace elements and bone -- Phosphorus and bone -- Seasonal differences in mineral homeostasis and bone metabolism in response to oral phosphate loading in older Northern Chinese adults -- Diabetes mellitus and osteoporosis -- Vitamin D and muscle -- Vitamin D and bone health -- Effects of vitamin D on bone health in healthy young adults -- Vitamin D effects on bone structure in childhood and aging -- Dietary patterns and bone health -- Nutritional factors that influence change in bone density and stress fracture risk among young female cross-country runners -- A dietary pattern that predicts physical performance in an elderly population -- Citrus hesperidin and bone health: from preclinical studies to nutritional intervention trials -- Acidosis and bone -- Acid-base homeostasis and the skeleton: an update on current thinking -- Acid-base balance, bone, and muscle -- The effect of mineral waters on bone metabolism: alkalinity over calcium? -- Bone-anabolic impact of dietary high protein intake compared with the effects of low potential renal acid load, endogenous steroid hormones, and muscularity in children -- Salt sensitivity, metabolic acidosis, and bone health.
- Nutritional management of cancer treatment effects 2012, SpringerAssessment of Malnutrition and Nutritional Therapy Approaches in Cancer Patients --Cancer Anorexia (CA) --Cancer Cachexia (CC) --Oral Mucositis --Nausea and Vomiting in Cancer --Cancer-Related Fatigue (CRF) --Treatment-Induced Enteritis (Radiation- or Combination Therapy-Induced Enteropathies) --Neurocognitive Impairment (NI) --Dysfunction of the Bowel/Constipation --Dysphagia.
- Nutritional management of digestive disorders 2011, CRCnetBASEThe history of medical nutrition therapy in the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders / Laura Harkness -- Assessment of nutritional status / Laura E. Mataresse -- Management of disorders of deglutition / Ryan F. Porter, Chandra P. Gaywali -- Eosinophilic esophagitis / Alain I. Schoepfer & Alex Straumann -- Management of chronic nausea and vomiting / Greg Sayuk & Chandra P. Gaywali -- Celiac disease / Peter D. Howdle -- Probiotics in irritable bowel syndrome / Eamon Quigley, Fergus Shanahan -- The role of nutrition in inflammatory bowel disease: food for thought / Gerard E. Mullin, Melissa Munsell and Ashwini Davison -- Probiotics for antibiotic-associated diarrhea and clostridium difficile- associated disease / Mario Guslandi -- Endoscopic enteral access and enteral nutrition / Waqar Qureshi, Carol Redel -- Self expanding metal stents in the management of malignant esophageal, gastric outlet, and duodenal obstructions / Francis W. Chan, Priya A. Jamidar -- Management of chronic malabsorption / Piyush Tiwari, Manreet Kaur, Bhaskar Banerjee -- Total parenteral nutrition : theory and application in hospitalized patients / Dominic Reeds -- Home nutrition support / Carol Ireton-Jones, David S. Seres -- Intestinal failure, liver disease related to parenteral nutrition and intestinal transplantation / Khalid Khan -- Nutrition in acute pancreatitis / Remy F. Meier, Robert Martindale -- Nutrition in liver disease / Mathias Plauth, Tatjana Schutz -- Non alcoholic fatty liver disease / Kevin Korenblat -- Weight management strategies / Shelby Sullivan -- Bariatric surgery / Alessandrina Freitas, John F. Sweeney -- Obesity and gastrointestinal cancer / Yume Nguyen, B. Banerjee -- Nutrition and colon cancer prevention / Petr Protiva.
- Nutritional neuroscience 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritional oncology. 2nd ed. 2006, ScienceDirect
- Nutritional strategies for the diabetic & prediabetic patient 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and oilseed processing 2004, CRCnetBASE
- N-acetylaspartate — Neuroactive steroids in brain functions, behavior, and disorders (186)
- Neuroanatomical basis of clinical neurology — Neuroscience (186)
- Neuroscience in medicine. 3rd ed. — Normal ultrasound anatomy of the musculoskeletal system (186)
- Notch regulation of the immune system — Nutritionally enhanced edible oil and oilseed processing (185)
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases