- K taping 2012, Springer
- Kainate receptors 2011, Springer"This volume critically examines the functional actions of the kainate type glutamate receptors (KARs). Following on from the larger body of work on the NMDA and AMPA-type ionotropic glutamate receptors (GluRs), studies with KARs have consistently thrown up exceptions to general rules about synaptic modulation. Contributors herein provide an insight to the idiosyncracies that now almost typify the KAR field. The fascinating insights provided in this volume serve to encourage searching mechanistic questions"--Provided by publisher.
- A "purely theoretical institute for the study of the nature of man" : the founding of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics, 1920-1927 -- "The human of the future under the scrutiny of research" : the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics in the Weimar Republic, 1927-1933 -- The "Faustian bargain" : the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics in the National Socialist era, 1933-1938/1942 -- In the realm of opportunity : the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics during World War II, 1938/42-1945.
- Kala azar in South Asia 2011, Springerpt. 1. Introduction to Kala-Azar -- pt. 2. Therapeutic strategy to deal with emergence of drug resistance -- pt. 3. Diagnostic strategy enhancing Kala-Azar elimination program -- pt. 4. PKDL and its implications in eliminating Kala-azar -- pt. 5. New challenges confronting Kala azar elimination programme and their possible solutions.
- Kallmann syndrome and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism 2010, KargerMolecular characterization and phenotypic expression of mutations in genes for gonadotropins and their receptors in humans / Salvi, R., Pralong, F.P -- Role of kisspeptin/GPR54 system in human reproductive axis / Silveira, L.F.G. ... [et al.] -- Biology of kisspeptins / Hameed, S., Dhillo, W.S. -- Role of fibroblast growth factor signaling in gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal system development / Chung, W.C.J., Tsai, P.-S. -- FGFR1 mutations in Kallmann syndrome / Villanueva, C., de Roux, N. -- Biology of KAL1 and its orthologs : implications for x-linked Kallmann syndrome and the search for novel candidate genes / MacColl, G.S., Quinton, R., Bülow, H.E. -- Biological actions and interactions of anosmin-1 / Choy, C., Kim, S.H. -- Genotype and phenotype of patients with gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutations / Kim, H.-G. ... [et al.] -- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and GNRH1 mutations in mice and humans / Bouligand, J. ... [et al.] -- Kallmann syndrome caused by mutations in the PROK2 and PROKR2 genes : pathophysiology and genotype-phenotype correlations / Sarfati, J., Dodé, C., Young, J. -- Neurokinin B and its receptor in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Semple, R.K., Topaloglu, A.K. -- Complex genetics in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Pitteloud, N. ... [et al.] -- Rarer syndromes characterized by hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Aminzadeh, M. ... [et al.].
- Kalman filter primer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Kanerva's Occupational dermatology. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerAcrylic Resins /Kristiina Aalto-Korte --Acute and Recurrent Vesicular Hand Dermatitis /Jacob P. Thyssen and Torkil Menné --Adhesives and Glues /Jana Prä€ler, Matthias Gebhardt and Peter Elsner --Adverse Effects of Skin Protective Products, Including Sunscreens /Sibylle Schliemann --Air Hammer Operators /Mili Shah and David J. Gawkrodger --Airborne Contact Dermatitis /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --Aircraft Industry /Marléne Isaksson --Animals /Päivikki Susitaival --Antiseptics and Disinfectants /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --Aromatherapists /Kristiina Alanko --Asphalt Workers (Paving) /R. Riala and Pirji Heikkila --Atopic Dermatitis /Kristine Breuer and Thomas Werfel --Atopy as a Factor in the Prognosis of Hand Dermatitis /Birgitta Meding --Automotive Industry /Horst C. Broding and Manigé Fartasch --Bakers /Niels K. Veien --Barbers' Dermatoses (Barber's Hair Sinus) /Agustin Alomar, Luis Conde-Salazar and Felipe Heras --Bartenders /Lasse Kanerva and Pieter J. Coenraads --Bath Attendants /Richard Brans --Batik Manufacturing Workers /Retno W. Soebaryo --Battery Makers /Mike H. Beck and Jason D. L. Williams --Beekeepers /Randolf Brehler --Biologic Causes of Occupational Dermatoses /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --Boat Builders /Kyllikki Tarvainen, Pirkko Pfäffli, Tuula Estlander and Katri Suuronen --Brake-Lining Workers /Mike H. Beck and Jason D. L. Williams --Butchers and Slaughterhouse Workers /Niels K. Veien --Candle Makers /Richard Brans --Carpenters /Michael Haeberle --Cement /Christian Avnstorp --Cement Workers /Christian Avnstorp --Ceramic and Pottery Workers /John S. C. English and J. Hobson --Cheese Makers /Peter Elsner and Frank O. Nestle --Chemical Skin Burns /Audris Chiang, Magnus Bruze, Sigfrid Fregert and Birgitta Gruvberger --Chemically Induced Hair Loss/Alopecia /Howard I. Maibach and Ian Yamaguchi --Chemists /Riitta Jolanki --Child Daycare Workers /Marjolein Wintzen --Chromium /Geetanjali Sethi, Viswanath Reddy Belum, Desmond Burrows, Howard I. Maibach and Jurij J. Hostynek --Chronic Venous Insufficiency and Occupation /Edith M. de Boer --Cigarette and Cigar Makers and Tobacco Workers /Christophe J. Le Coz --Classification of Occupations /Wolfgang Uter --Coatings /Carmen Maria Sălăvăstru, Letiţia Bucur, Gheorghe Bucur and George-Sorin Ţiplica --Cobalt /Carola Lidén and Anneli Julander --Colophony: Rosin in Unmodified and Modified Form /Ann-Therese Karlberg --Confectionery and Candy Makers /Firas A. Al-Niaimi and Calum C. Lyon --Construction Workers /Christian Avnstorp --Contact Allergy to Phenol-Formaldehyde Resins /Erik Zimerson and Magnus Bruze --Contact Dermatitis Due to Irritation /Dimitar Antonov, Sibylle Schliemann and Peter Elsner --Contact Dermatitis in Cabinet Makers /Aieska De Souza and David E. Cohen --Cosmetologists /Patricia G. Engasser, Howard I. Maibach, Tam Tiet and James S. Taylor --Cutting Fluids /Iain S. Foulds --Dermatitis Artefacta /Wolfgang Harth --Detergent Workers /Markku Vanhanen and Kristiina Aalto-Korte --Detergents /Lilla Landeck, Lynn A. Baden and Swen-Malte John --Dictionary of Contact Allergens: Chemical Structures, Sources, and References /Jean-Pierre Lepoittevin and Christophe J. Le Coz --Disadvantages of Gloves /Sara K. Flores, Tuula Estlander, Riitta Jolanki and Howard I. Maibach --Divers /Menno T. W. Gaastra --Drug Allergens /Andreas J. Bircher --Electronics Workers /David Koh and Claire Quah --Electroplaters /Antti Lauerma, Mirja Kiilunen and Lasse Kanerva --Embalmers (Including Funeral Service Workers) /Linn D. Holness --Emollients: Effects, Evidence, and Side Effects /Tove Agner and Jakob Mutanu Jungersted --Engravers /Adriene Lee --Epoxy Resins /Rosemary Nixon, Jennifer Cahill and Riitta Jolanki --Ethical Aspects /Nikolaus Knoepffler and Martin O'Malley --Evidence-Based Management of Hand Eczema /Gerda J. Lensen, Frank H. W. Jungbauer and Pieter J. Coenraads --Farmers and Farmworkers /Radoslaw Spiewak --Fiberglass, Dusts /Daniel J. Hogan and Megan Morrison --Floor Layers /Luis Conde-Salazar, Felipe Heras and Agustin Alomar --Florists /Christopher R. Lovell --Forestry Workers /Michael Haeberle --Formaldehyde and Formaldehyde-Releasers /Anton C. de Groot and Mari-Ann Flyvholm --Foundry Workers /Mariko Sugiura and K. Sugiura --Fragrances and Essential Oils /Anton C. de Groot --Frictional Trauma/Mechanic Skin Diseases /Klaus E. Andersen --Fur Farming and the Fur Industry /Jukka Uitti --Furniture Manufacture /Michael Haeberle --Gardeners /Christopher R. Lovell --Genetic Identification of Individuals with Increased Risk of Developing Occupational Skin Diseases /Sanja Kezic --Glass Workers /Mark S. Wilkinson --Gold /Marléne Isaksson --Grinders and Brazers of Hard Metal and Stellite /Markku Linnainmaa and Katri Suuronen --Hair Disorders Induced by External Factors /Marcel C. Pasch --Hairdressers /Harma Stenveld --Healthcare Workers /Donald V. Belsito --Helpdesk and Allergen Supply of Rare Allergens /Klaus E. Andersen --Highway Construction Workers /Hanspeter Rast --History of Occupational Dermatology /Jean-Marie Lachapelle --House Workers /Frank H. W. Jungbauer --Hyperkeratotic Dermatitis of the Palms /Jacob P. Thyssen and Torkil Menné --Identification of Contact Allergens by In Vitro Cell Culture-Based Methods /Susan Gibbs, Stefan F. Martin, Emanuela Corsini and Hermann-Josef Thierse --Identification of Skin Irritants and Allergens by In Vivo and In Vitro Methods /Viswanath Reddy Belum, Geetanjali Sethi, Philip Hewitt and Howard I. Maibach --Immunology and Barrier Function of the Skin /Thomas Rustemeyer and Manigé Fartasch --In Vitro Delayed-Type Sensitivity Testing /Detlef Becker --Industrial Enzymes /David A. Basketter --Inks and Dyes /Christophe J. Le Coz --Insulation Workers /R. Riala --Ionizing Radiation /Seema Garg and David J. Gawkrodger --Iontophoresis /Erhard Hölzle --Jewelers /Juan Vilaplana --Laboratory Technicians /Riitta Jolanki --Leather and Shoes /Johannes Geier and Holger Lessmann --Leather Industry /Johannes Geier and Holger Lessmann --Locksmiths /Adriene Lee --Machinists /Undine Frank and Peter Elsner --Masseurs /Marléne Isaksson --Mechanical Causes of Occupational Skin Disease /Richard Brans --Mechanisms of Allergic Contact Dermatitis /Thomas Rustemeyer, Ingrid M. W. van Hoogstraten, B. Mary E. von Blomberg and Rik J. Scheper --Metal Industry /Peter Elsner --Military Personnel /Akiva Trattner, Aneta Lazarov and Arieh Ingber --Mining (Tunneling) /Hanspeter Rast --Mountain Guides /Matthias Moehrle --Multiple Chemical Sensitivity /Hans Drexler --Musicians /Derk P. Bruynzeel --Nanotechnology and Skin /Jakob T. Madsen and Klaus E. Andersen --Nickel /Carola Lidén --Non-Immunologic Contact Urticaria /Ian Yamaguchi, A. Lahti and Howard I. Maibach --Noneczematous Occupational Contact Reactions /Chee Leok Goh --Occupation-Induced Skin Cancer /Anand N. Patel and John S. C. English --Occupational Allergy to Natural Rubber Latex (NRL) /Henning Allmers --Occupational and Environmental Acne /Penpun Wattanakrai and James S. Taylor --Occupational Connective Tissue Disorders /Uwe-Frithjof Haustein and B. Lietzberg --Occupational Contact Dermatitis /Thomas L. Diepgen and Pieter J. Coenraads --Occupational Contact Dermatitis in Dental Personnel /Thomas Rustemeyer and Peter J. Frosch --Occupational Immunologic Contact Urticaria /P. Heydari, Iris S. Ale and Howard I. Maibach --Occupational MRSA Infection: Risk Factor, Disposition, Prevention, and Therapy /Nana Y. Schuerer and Olaf Kaup --Occupational Nail Disorders /Robert Baran --Occupational Skin Cancer /Thomas L. Diepgen and Hans Drexler --Oil Rig Workers /Markus F. C. Steiner and Anthony D. Ormerod --Online Databases and Sources of Information /Annika Wilke and Swen-Malte John --Operating Room Staff /Linn D. Holness --Organic Solvents /Sibylle Schliemann, Anders Boman and Jan E. Wahlberg --Other Occupational Skin Diseases /Elke Weisshaar and Thomas L. Diepgen --Other Plastics /George-Sorin Ţiplica, Letiţia Bucur, Gheorghe Bucur and Carmen Maria Sălăvăstru --Other Topical Therapies (Dyes, Tanning Agents, Tars, CO2) /Claudia Schröder-Kraft --Painters, Lacquerers, and Varnishers /Tuula Estlander and Riitta Jolanki --Paints, Lacquers, and Varnishes /Tuula Estlander and Riitta Jolanki --Patch Test Concentrations and Vehicles for Testing Contact Allergens /Anton C. de Groot --Patch Testing with Patient's Own Materials Handled at Work /Andrea Krautheim, Holger Lessmann and Johannes Geier --Percutaneous Penetration /Aaron Wiener and Howard I. Maibach --Pesticide-Related Dermatoses /Mai A. Ngo, Michael O'Malley and Howard I. Maibach --Pharmacoeconomics of Occupational Diseases /Matthias Augustin --Photoallergic Contact Dermatitis /James Ferguson and Alastair C. Kerr --Photographers and Other Photo-Lab Workers /Carola Lidén --Phototherapy /Kristine Breuer and Thomas Werfel --Phototoxic Dermatitis /Margarida Gonçalo --Physical Causes - Heat, Cold, and Other Atmospheric Factors /Wolfgang Uter and Lasse Kanerva --Physiochemical Methods for Detection of Occupational Contact Allergens /Malin Frick-Engfeldt, Birgitta Gruvberger and Magnus Bruze --Pigment Disorders /J. P. Wietze van der Veen and Maryam Yazdani --Pitch Workers /Chuan Ma, James S. Taylor and Thomas F. Downham II --Pitfalls in the Diagnosis of Occupational Contact Dermatitis /An Goossens --Plant Survey and Inspection /Christopher L. Packham --Plants /Christopher R. Lovell --Plastic Composites /Kyllikki Tarvainen, Tuula Estlander, Pirkko Pfäffli and Katri Suuronen --Plumbers and Pipe Fitters /Uwe Hillen --Polyester Resins /Rosemary Nixon, Jennifer Cahill and Riitta Jolanki --Polyurethane Resins /Malin Frick-Engfeldt, Tuula Estlander and Riitta Jolanki --Polyvinyl Resins /Letiţia Bucur, Carmen Maria Sălăvăstru, Gheorghe Bucur and George-Sorin Ţiplica --Poultry Processors /Margarida Gonçalo --Prediction of Skin Irritation by Noninvasive Bioengineering Methods /Ron A. Tupker --Prevention and Rehabilitation /Christoph Skudlik and Swen-Malte John --Prevention in Food Workers /Andrea Bauer --Prevention in Health-Care Professionals /Lilla Landeck, Britta Wulfhorst and Swen-Malte John --Prevention in Metalworkers /Christian Apfelbacher, Jochen Schmitt and Thomas L. Diepgen --Prevention of Occupational Skin Cancer /Kerry E. Adam, Peter H. Soyer and Keith William James Adam --Prick and Intracutaneous Testing and IgE Testing /Vera Mahler --Printers and Lithographers /Catriona I. Wootton and John S. C. English --Prognosis of Allergic Contact Dermatitis /John S. C. English --Prognosis of Irritant Contact Dermatitis /Kaija Lammintausta --Prognosis of Occupational Contact Dermatitis /Chee Leok Goh --Protective Creams and Emollients /Dimitar Antonov, Sibylle Schliemann and Peter Elsner --Protective Gloves /Anders Boman --Psoriasis and Work /Christoph Skudlik and Swen-Malte John --Pulp and Paper Workers, and Paper Dermatitis /Michael Haeberle --Quality of Life (QoL) in Relation to Occupational Skin Diseases /Tove Agner --Questionnaire Methods in Occupational Skin Disease Epidemiology /Päivikki Susitaival --Railroad Shop Workers /Hanspeter Rast --Retinoids /Sonja C. Molin and Thomas Ruzicka --Risk Assessment for Skin Exposure /Christopher L. Packham --Roofers /Donald V. Belsito --Rubber /Donald V. Belsito --Shoe Manufacturers and Repairers /Johannes Geier and Holger Lessmann --Silk-Screen Workers /An Goossens --Skin Bioengineering /Gérald E. Piérard, Philippe Paquet, Lorine Preudhomme, Fanchon Noël and Pascale Quatresooz --Skin Biopsy and Dermatopathology /Mirjana Ziemer --Skin Disorders in Athletes: Professional and Recreational Sports /Savina Aneja and James S. Taylor --Skin Health and Surveillance /Helen Taylor --Some Other Metals /Carola Lidén and Anneli Julander --Spices /Stefanie E. Pentinga --Stonemasons /Anne Schmidt --Sugar Artists /Peter Elsner --Sulfuric Acid Burns /Geetanjali Sethi, Viswanath Reddy Belum and Howard I. Maibach --Surveillance in Occupational Contact Dermatitis /Wolfgang Uter --Swimming Pool Worker Dermatoses /Aieska De Souza and David E. Cohen --Systemic Diseases by Absorption Through the Skin /Hans Drexlerv /Tattoo Artists /Margarida Gonçalo --Textile Workers /Ângelo Azenha --The Electronics Industry /V. Smith and John S. C. English --The Identification of Skin Allergens by In Vivo Assay /David A. Basketter --The Pharmaceutical and Cosmetic Industries /An Goossens and Kim Vander Hulst --Topical and Systemic Corticosteroids /Stephanie Soost and Margitta Worm --Treatment of Chronic Hand Eczema: Other Immunomodulating Therapies /Rodrigo da Mota and Bernhard Homey --Treatment of Occupational Skin Cancer /Rudolf A. Herbst --Urticaria /Christophe J. Le Coz --UV Exposure /Peter Knuschke --Vegetables and Fruit /Andrea Bauer, Wolfgang Uter and Christiane Szliska --Veterinarians /Päivikki Susitaival --Welding /Monica Hindsén and Magnus Bruze --Wet Work and Occlusion /Dimitar Antonov, Sibylle Schliemann, Peter Elsner and Swen-Malte John --Winemakers /Ronald R. Brancaccio and David H. Chu --Woods /B. M. Hausen.
- Neural sciences -- Neuropsychiatry and behavioral neurology -- Contributions of the psychological sciences -- Contributions of the sociocultural sciences -- Quantitative and experimental methods in psychiatry -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Diagnosis and psychiatry : examination of the psychiatric patient -- Clinical manifestations of psychiatric disorders -- Classification in psychiatry -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders and mental disorders due to a general medical condition -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Factitious disorder -- Dissociative disorders -- Normal human sexuality and sexual and gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Relational problems -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Culture-bound syndromes -- Special areas of interest -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry -- Psychiatric examination [of the infant, child, and adolescent] -- Genetics in child psychiatry -- Neuroimaging in psychiatric disorders of childhood -- Temperament : risk and protective factors for child psychiatric disorders -- Intellectual disability -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder : developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy and early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders in children -- Early-onset psychotic disorders -- Child psychiatry : psychiatric treatment -- Child psychiatry : special areas of interest -- Adulthood -- Geriatric psychiatry -- Public psychiatry -- Psychiatric education -- Ethics and forensic psychiatry -- History of psychiatry -- World aspects of psychiatry.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialPsychiatric history, mental status, and psychiatric report -- Clinical interview -- Signs and symptoms in psychiatry -- Classification in psychiatry -- Delirium, dementia, amnestic disorders, and other cognitive disorders and mental disorders due to a medical condition -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV and AIDS -- Alcohol, opioids, and other substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Schizophreniform, schizoaffective, delusional, and other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders, factitious disorders, and malingering -- Dissociative disorders -- Sexual dysfunctions, paraphilias, and gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders and obesity -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control and adjustment disorders -- Psychosomatic disorders -- Personality disorders -- Suicide, violence, and other psychiatric emergencies -- Infant, child, and adolescent disorders -- Geriatric psychiatry -- End-of-lifecare, death, dying, and bereavement -- Psychotherapy -- Psychopharmacology and other biologic therapies -- Laboratory tests and brain imaging in psychiatry -- Medication-induced movement disorders -- Forensic and ethical issues in psychiatry.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- "This study guide is an excellent aid in preparing for boards and other psychiatry exams and in reinforcing your knowledge. It offers chapter overviews of Synopsis, Tenth Edition and over 1,600 multiple-choice questions with discussions of correct and incorrect answers"--Provided by publisher.
- The patient-doctor relationship -- Human development throughout the life cycle -- The brain and behavior -- Contributions of the psychosocial sciences -- Clinical neuropsychological testing -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Clinical examination of the psychiatric patient -- Signs and symptoms in psychiatry -- Classification in psychiatry and psychiatric rating scales -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV infection and AIDS -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Factitious disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Human sexuality -- Gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Normal sleep and sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Complementary and alternative medicine in psychiatry -- Psychiatry and reproductive medicine -- Relational problems -- Problems related to abuse or neglect -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Emergency psychiatric medicine -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry: assessment, examination, and psychological testing -- Mental retardation -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder: developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy or early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders and suicide in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Child psychiatry: additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Psychiatric treatment of children and adolescents -- Child psychiatry: special areas of interest -- Geriatric psychiatry -- End of life care and palliative medicine -- Clinical-legal issues in psychiatry -- Ethics in psychiatry.
- Print Material
- Kaplan's Clinical hypertension. 9th ed. 2006, OvidHypertension in the population at large -- Measurement of blood pressure -- Primary hypertension: pathogenesis -- Primary hypertension: natural history and evaluation -- Treatment of hypertension: why, when, how far -- Treatment of hypertension: lifestyle modifications -- Treatment of hypertension: drug therapy -- Hypertensive crises -- Renal parenchymal hypertension -- Renovascular hypertension -- Hypertension with pregnancy and the pill -- Pheochromocytoma (with a preface about incidental adrenal masses) -- Primary aldosteronism -- Hypertension induced by cortisol or deoxycorticosterone -- Other forms of identifiable hypertension -- Hypertension in childhood and adolescence.
- Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus 2007, SpringerModern evolutionary history of the human KSHV genome / G.S. Hayward and J.-C. Zong -- Rhesus monkey rhadinovirus : a model for the study of KSHV / C.M. O'Connor and D.H. Kedes --the Rta/Orf50 transactivator proteins of the gamma-herpesviridae / M.R. Staudt and D.P. Dittmer -- Structure and function of latency-associated nuclear antigen / S.C. Verma, K. Lan, and E. Robertson -- The KSHV and other human herpesviral G protein-coupled receptors / M. Cannon -- Regulation of KSHV lytic gene expression / H. Deng, Y. Liang, and R. Sun -- Karposi sarcoma herpesvirus-encoded interferon regulator factors / M.K. Offermann -- Endothelial cell- and lymphocyte-based in vitro systems for understanding KSHV biology / S.C. McAllister and A.V. Moses -- KSHV after an organ transplant : should we screen? / A.-G. Marcelin, V. Calvez, and E. Dussaix -- Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus and other viruses in human lymphomagenesis / E. Cesarman and E.A. Mesri -- The use of antiviral drugs in the prevention and treatment of Kaposi sarcoma, multicentric Castleman disease / C. Casper and A. Wald -- Interactions between HIV-1 Tat and KSHV / Y. Aoki and G. Tosato.
- Karch's Pathology of drug abuse. 3rd ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Karch's pathology of drug abuse. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASECocaine -- Natural stimulants -- Synthetic stimulants -- Hallucinogens -- Opiates and opioids -- Dissociative anesthetics -- Anabolic steroids -- Solvents -- Marijuana -- Appendix 1: Conversion formulas -- Appendix 2: Blood alcohol concentrations -- Appendix 3: Volume of distribution calculations -- Appendix 4: Normal heart weights.
- Kardiovaskuläre Pharmakologie = Cardiovascular pharmacology Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Print MaterialHandling and interpretation of lung biopsies -- Acute lung injury patterns: diffuse alveolar damage and bronchiolitis obliterans-organizing pneumonia -- Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia -- Pathology of drug-induced lung disease -- Pneumoconiosis -- Immunologic lung disease -- Systemic diseases involving the lung -- Pulmonary vasculitis -- Primary lymphoid lung lesions -- Infection I. unusual pneumonias -- Infection II. granulomatous infections -- Lung involvement in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) -- Pulmonary hypertension and other vascular disorders -- Pediatric disorders -- Miscellaneous I. specific diseases of uncertain etiology -- Miscellaneous II. nonspecific inflammatory and destructive diseases -- Transbronchial lung biopsy.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Kaufman's Clinical neurology for psychiatrists. Seventh edition. 2013, ScienceDirect
- Kava 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Keeping Mozart in mind. 2nd ed. 2004, ScienceDirectHigher brain function : music, mathematics, chess. History, anecdotes, correlations, and interviews ; Spatial-temporal and language-analytic reasoning in learning math and science ; Music enhances spatial-temporal reasoning ; Implications : scientific, educational, clinical -- Structured brain and symmetry. Symmetry as a common theme ; Introduction to the brain : basic brain features and brain imaging ; Mountcastle theory of mammalian cortex : internal neural language of higher brain function ; Trion model and symmetries ; Trion music : reasoning and creativity ; Trion model of higher brain function : prediction that music enhances spatial-temporal reasoning -- Tests of predictions in human behavior. Highly accurate mental rehearsals : correlation with top performance in sports ; Listening to Mozart Sonata (K.448) enhances spatial-temporal reasoning : the "Mozart effect" ; Music training enhances spatial-temporal reasoning in preschool children ; Music training plus spatial-temporal training equals improved math -- Tests from brain imaging and animal studies. EEG and fMRI studies of Mozart effect ; Symmetry in primate higher brain function ; Musical structure of the internal neural language of the brain : using music as the Rosetta stone to help decode this internal language ; Animal behavior while listening to music and doing higher brain functions -- The future of music as a window into higher brain function. Child brain development and adult brain reorganization ; Education : music training plus spatial-temporal training improves math ; Clinical implications ; The spatial-temporal thinking machine ; Thoughts -- New scientific and educational results. Science updates and breakthroughs ; Revolution in math education.
- Keeping patients safe 2004, NAP
- Print Material
- Print MaterialBiology of the normal joint -- Synovium -- Cartilage and chondrocytes -- Biology, physiology, and morphology of bone -- Muscle: anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry -- Joint biomechanics: the role of mechanics and joint pathology -- Proteinases and matrix degradation -- Mononuclear phagocytes in rheumatic diseases -- T lymphocytes -- B cells -- Fibroblasts and fibroblast-like synoviocytes -- Neutrophils and eosinophils -- Mast cells -- Platelets and rheumatic diseases -- Autoimmunity -- Innate immunity -- Adaptive immunity including organization of lymphoid tissues -- Genetics of rheumatic diseases -- Complement system -- Signal transduction -- Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and related compounds -- Cell recruitment and angiogenesis -- Cell survival and death in rheumatic diseases -- Animal models of inflammatory arthritis -- Neurologic regulation of inflammation -- Atherosclerosis in rheumatoid arthritis -- Principles of epidemiology in rheumatic disease -- Economic burden of rheumatic diseases -- Clinical trial design and analysis -- Assessment of health outcomes -- Biologic markers -- Occupational and recreational musculoskeletal disorders -- Integrative medicine in rheumatology: an evidence-based approach -- History and physical examination of the musculoskeletal system -- Monarticular arthritis -- Polyarticular arthritis -- Fibromyalgia -- Neck pain -- Shoulder pain -- Low back pain -- Hip and knee pain -- Foot and ankle pain -- Hand and wrist pain -- Temporomandibular joint pain -- The eye and rheumatic diseases -- The skin and rheumatic diseases -- Synovial fluid analysis, synovial biopsy, and synovial pathology -- Arthrocentesis and injection of joints and soft tissue -- Antinuclear antibodies -- Rheumatoid factors and other autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis -- Acute-phase reactants and the concept of inflammation -- Imaging modalities in rheumatic disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Glucocorticoid therapy -- Methotrexate, leflunomide, sulfasalazine, hydroxychloroquine, and combination therapies -- Immunoregulatory drugs --Anticytokine therapies -- Cell-targeted biologics and emerging targets: rituximab, abatacept, and other biologics -- Chronic musculoskeletal pain -- Arthritis self-management -- Psychosocial management of rheumatic diseases -- Nutrition and rheumatic diseases -- Introduction to physical medicine and rehabilitation -- Etiology and pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis -- Clinical features of rheumatoid arthritis -- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis -- Felty's syndrome -- Sjören's syndrome -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis and reactive arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Enteropathic arthritis -- Pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Clinical features and treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Systemic sclerosis and the scleroderma-spectrum disorders -- Inflammatory diseases of muscle and other myopathies -- Overlap syndromes -- The classification and epidemiology of systemic vasculitis -- Giant cell arteritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, and takayasu's arteritis -- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis -- Polyarteritis and related disorders -- Isolated angiitis of the central nervous system -- Immune complex-mediated small vessel vasculitis -- Behçet's disease -- Gout and hyperuricemia -- Diseases associated with articular deposition of calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate and basic calcium phosphate crystals -- Pathogenesis of osteoarthritis -- Clinical features of osteoarthritis -- Management of osteoarthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Proliferative bone diseases -- Osteonecrosis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Heritable diseases of connective tissue -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile dermatomyositis, scleroderma, and vasculitis -- Bacterial arthritis -- Lyme disease -- Mycobacterial infections of bones and joints -- Fungal infections of the bones and joints -- Rheumatic manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Viral arthritis -- Poststreptoccocal arthritis and rheumatic fever -- Amyloidosis -- Sarcoidosis -- Hemochromatosis -- Hemophilic arthropathy -- Rheumatic manifestations of hemoglobinopathies -- Arthritis accompanying endocrine and metabolic disorders -- Musculoskeletal syndromes in malignancy -- Familial autoinflammatory syndromes -- Tumors and tumor-like lesions of joints and related structures.
- Kelley's Textbook of rheumatology. 9th ed. 2013, MD ConsultV. 1 -- Biology of the normal joint -- Synovium -- Cartilage and chondrocytes -- Biology, physiology, and morphology of bone -- Muscle: anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry -- Biomechanics -- Regenerative medicine and tissue engineering -- Proteinases and matrix degradation -- Dendritic cells -- Mononuclear phagocytes in rheumatic diseases -- Neutrophils -- Eosinophils -- T lymphocytes -- B cells -- Fibroblasts and fibroblast-like synoviocytes -- Mast cells -- Platelets -- Innate immunity -- Adaptive immunity and organization of lymphoid tissues -- Autoimmunity -- Genetics of rheumatic diseases -- Epigenetics -- Complement system -- Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and related compounds -- Cell recruitment and angiogenesis -- Cytokines -- Cell survival and death in rheumatic diseases -- Experimental models for rheumatoid arthritis -- Neural regulation of pain and inflammation -- Principles of epidemiology in rheumatic disease -- Economic burden of rheumatic diseases -- Clinical trial design and analysis -- Assessment of health outcomes -- Biologic markers -- Occupational and recreational musculoskeletal disorders -- Cardiovascular risk in rheumatic disease -- Cancer risk in rheumatic diseases -- Introduction to physical medicine, physical therapy, and rehabilitation -- Pregnancy in the rheumatic diseases -- History and physical examination of the musculosketetal system -- Acute monoarthritis -- Polyarticular arthritis -- The skin and rheumatic diseases -- The eye and rheumatic diseases -- Neck pain -- Shoulder pain -- Low back pain -- Hip and knee pain -- Foot and ankle pain -- Hand and wrist pain -- Temporomandibular joint pain -- Fibromyalgia -- Synovial fluid analyses, synovial biopsy, and synovial pathology -- Arthrocentesis and injection of joints and soft tissue -- Antinuclear antibodies -- Autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis -- Acute phase reactants and the concept of inflammation -- Imaging modalities in rheumatic diseases -- Prostanoid biology and its therapeutic targeting -- Glucocortiocoid therapy -- Traditional DMARDs: methotrexate, leflunomide, sulfasalazne, hydroxychloroquine, and combination therapies -- Immunosuppressive drugs -- Anticytokin therapies -- Cell-targeted biologics and targets: rituximab, abatacept, and other biologics -- Antihyperuricemic agents -- Analgesic agents in rheumatic disease -- Psychosocial management of rheumatic diseases -- Nutrition and rheumatic diseases -- V. 2 -- Etiology and pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis -- Clinical features of rheumatoid arthritis -- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis -- Early synovitis and early undifferentiated arthritis -- Sjögren's syndrome -- Pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis and reactive arthritis -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Reactive arthritis and undifferentiated spondyloarthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Enteropathic arthritis -- Etiology and pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Clinical features of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Etiology and pathogenesis of scleroderma -- Clinical features and treatment of scleroderma -- Inflammatory diseases of muscle and other myopathies -- Overlap syndromes -- Classification and epidemiology of systemic vasculitis -- Giant cell arteritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, and takayasu's arteritis -- Antineutrophil cytoplasm antibody-associated vasculitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa and related disorders -- Immune complex-mediated small vessel vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system -- Behcet's disease -- Etiology and pathogenesis of hyperuricemia and gout -- Clinical features and treatment of gout -- Calcium crystal disease: calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate and basic calcium phosphate -- Familial autoinflammatory syndromes -- Pathogenesis of osteoarthritis -- Clinical features of osteoarthritis -- Treatment of osteoarthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Proliferative bone diseases -- Osteonecrosis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Heritable diseases of connective tissue -- Etiology and pathogenesis of juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, scleroderma, and vasculitis -- Bacterial arthritis -- Lyme disease -- Mycobacterial infections of bones and joints -- Fungal infections of bones and joints -- Rheumatic manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Viral arthritis -- Poststreptococcal arthritis and rheumatic fever -- Amyloidosis -- Sarcoidosis -- Hemochromatosis -- Hemophilic arthropathy -- Rheumatologic manifestations of hemoglobinopathies -- Endocrine diseases and the musculoskeletal system -- Musculoskeletal syndromes in malignancy -- Tumors and tumor-liked lesions of joints and related structures.
- Kendig and Chernick's disorders of the respiratory tract in children. 8th ed. 2012, ScienceDirect
- Print Material
- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca and filamentary keratopathy 2012, Springer
- Kernicterus 2011, SpringerPrologue: World Health Concerns -- History of Bilirubin -- Biochemistry and Physiology of Bilirubin -- Premature Birth -- Erythroblastosis Fetalis -- The Gunn Rat Model -- Crigler-Najjar Syndrome -- Neuropathology of Kernicterus -- Bilirubin and Energy Metabolism -- Jaundice and Other Biochemical Changes -- Breast Milk Jaundice -- Jaundice in Malaria -- Jaundice in Congenital Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis -- Phototherapy for Hyperbilirubinemia -- Non-phototherapy Treatment -- Hyperbilirubinemia Revisited -- Auditory Brainstem Response -- Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis -- Kernicterus in Older Children and Adults -- Cerebral Palsy and Counseling -- Neurological Sequelae from Jaundice -- Neurobehavioral Teratology -- Gene Therapy for Hyperbilirubinemia -- Epilogue: Comments and Future Directions.
- Key clinical trials in erectile dysfunction [abstract] 2007, Springer
- Key statistical concepts in clinical trials for pharma 2012, Springer
- Key topics in surgical research and methodology 2010, Springer
- Keyhole approaches in neurosurgery 2008, Springerv. 1. Concept and surgical technique.
- Kidney 2003, ScienceDirect
- Kidney 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book bridges the gap between advances in basic biology and chemistry and technological applications in the field of toxicity assessments. 10 chapters describe major areas of progress in the laboratory and clinic. In the first section, the aspects of cellular organelles are discussed. In the second, the basic principles and applications of modern toxicological tools such as transcriptomic, proteomic, and metabolomic approaches are covered. In the third section, the recent developments on molecular modeling and systems biology are described with an eye on the future establishment of virtual cell technology. Finally the clinical implications for the understanding of acute and chronic renal toxicity are studied"--Provided by publisher.
- Kidney and blood pressure regulation 2004, Karger
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation 2011, SpringerThe immune response to transplanted organs -- The histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients -- Infectious complications: prevention and management -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the united states -- Ethics of transplantation -- Long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance -- The business of transplantation.
- Kidney cancer 2012, Springer
- Kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias 2007, KargerThe kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias: a current view and a look at the future / Herrera, G.A. -- A history of the kidney in plasma cell disorders / Steensma, D.P., Kyle, R.A. -- Patholigic studies useful for the diagnosis and monitoring of plasma cell dyscrasias / Veillon, D.M., Cotelingam, J.D. -- Serum free light chains in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with plasma cell dyscrasias / Mayo, M.M., Schaef Johns, G. -- Mechanisms of renal damage in plasma cell dyscrasias: an overview / Merlini, G., Pozzi, C. -- Proximal tubular injury in myeloma / Batuman, V. -- Paraproteinemic renal diseases that involve the tubulo-interstitium / Herrera, G.A., Sanders, P.W. -- The mesangium as a target for glomerulopathic light and heavy chains: pathogenic considerations in light and heavy chain-mediated glomerular damage / Keeling, J., Herrera, G.A. -- Immunoglobulin light and heavy chain amyloidosis AL/AH: renal pathology and differential diagnosis / Picken, M.M. -- Diversity and diversification of light chains in myeloma: the specter of amyloidogenesis by proxy / Gu, M., Wilton, R., Stevens, F.J. -- High-dose therapy in patients with plasma cell dyscrasias and renal dysfunction / Pineda-Roman, M., Tricot, G. -- Current and emerging views and treatments of systemic immunoglobulin light-chain (AL) amyloidosis / Comenzo, R.L.
- Kidney in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectThis volume brings together an international group of clinicians and clinical scientists to contribute to a state-of the-art review of the underlying pathogenic mechanisms, methods of clinical assessment, classification and diagnosis of renal disease, combined with a detailed overview of treatment strategies. An essential reference source for all those involved with the care of patients with renal involvement in systemic autoimmune disease, and for those contributing to research into the underlying pathogenic mechanisms in these disorders.
- Kidney research 2009, Springer ProtocolsIsolation and propagation of glomerular mesangial cells / Paolo Mené and Antonella Stoppacciaro -- Isolation and primary culture of human proximal tubule cells / David A. Vesey ... [et al.] -- Propagation and culture of renal fibroblasts / Lauren Grimwood and Rosemary Masterson -- Small animal models of kidney disease : a review / Tim D. Hewitson, Takahiko Ono, and Gavin J. Becker -- Measurement of glomerular filtration rate in conscious mice / Zhonghua Qi and Matthew D. Breyer -- Laser capture microdissection of kidney tissue / Robert P. Woroniecki and Erwin P. Bottinger -- Quantitative gene expression analysis in kidney tissues / Chris Tikellis ... [et al.] -- In vivo imaging of leukocyte recruitment to glomeruli in mice using intravital microscopy / A. Richard Kitching, Michael P. Kuligowski, and Michael J. Hickey -- Using in situ hybridization to localize renal gene expression in tissue sections / Ian A. Darby, Alexis Desmoulière, and Tim D. Hewitson -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal light microscopy / Tim D. Hewitson and Lauren Grimwood -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal electron microscopy / Mitsuru Nakajima -- Pimonidazole adduct immunohistochemistry in the rat kidney : detection of tissue hypoxia / Christian Rosenberger ... [et al.] -- Identification of apoptosis in kidney tissue sections / Glenda Gobe -- Cell-populated floating collagen lattices : an in vitro model of parenchymal contraction / Kristen J. Kelynack -- Mechanical stretch-induced signal transduction in cultured mesangial cells / Joan Krepinsky -- Determination of collagen content, concentration, and sub-types in kidney tissue / Chrishan S. Samuel -- SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry-based protein profiling of kidney tissue / Eleni Giannakis ... [et al.] -- In vivo transfer of small interfering RNA or small hairpin RNA targeting glomeruli / Yoshitsugu Takabatake, Yoshitaka Isaka, and Enyu Imai.
- Kidney transplantation 2005, KargerRenal transplantation / Cardillo, M., et al. -- Kidney transplantation in the hyperimmunized patient / Gloor, J. -- Chronic induction : what's new in the pipeline / Vincenti, F. -- Steroid or calcineurin-inhibitor sparing immunosuppressive protocols / Griny, J.M., Cruzado, J.M. -- Steroid-free lymphocyte depletion protocols : the potential for partial tolerance? / McCauley, J., Starzl, T.E. -- Chronic graft loss : immunological and non-immunological factors / Hernandez-Fuentes, M.P., Lechl, R.I. -- Lymphocyte depletion as a barrier to immunologic tolerance / Neujahr, D., Turka, L.A. -- Monitoring of immunosuppressive therapy in renal transplanted patients / Chiaramonte, S., Dissegna, D., Ronco, C. -- Chronic allograft nephropathy : a multiple approach to target nonimmunological factors / Ruggenenti, P. -- Transplantation tolerance : a complex scenario awaiting clinical applicability / Sayegh, M.H., Perico, N., Remuzzi, G. -- Dendritic cells, tolerance, and therapy of organ allograft rejection / Raimondi, G., Thomson, A.W. -- Natural versus adaptive regulatory T cells / Cassis, L., Aiello, S., Noris, M. -- Reviewing the mechanism of peripheral tolerance in clinical transplantation / Suciu-Foca, N., Cortesini, R. -- The goal of intragraft gene therapy / Tomasoni, S., Benigni, A.
- Kidney transplantation 2010, SpringerTen Things Not to Do / Dianne B. McKay and Steven M. Steinberg -- The Transplant Procedure: Surgical Techniques and Complications / Barry J. Browne -- What Is Transplant Immunology and Why Are Allografts Rejected? / Dianne B. McKay, Ken Park and David Perkins -- What Is Histocompatibility Testing and How Is It Done? / Edgar L. Milford and Indira Guleria -- Kidney Allocation: Role of UNOS and OPOs / Patricia L. Adams, Walter K. Graham and Susan Gunderson -- Live Donors: How to Optimally Protect the Donor / Robert Steiner -- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy: Essentials for the Nephrologist / Arturo Martinez -- New Sources in Living Kidney Donation / Ruthanne L. Hanto, Alvin E. Roth, M. Utku Ünver and Francis L. Delmonico -- What Are Immunosuppressive Medications? How Do They Work? What Are Their Side Effects? / Peter Chung-Wen Chang and Donald E. Hricik -- Optimizing Immunosuppression / Alexander C. Wiseman and James E. Cooper -- Evaluation of Renal Allograft Dysfunction / Robert S. Gaston -- The Kidney Transplant Biopsy / Jose R. Torrealba and Milagros D. Samaniego -- Evaluation of the Kidney Transplant Candidate and Follow-Up of the Listed Patient / Roy D. Bloom and Alden M. Doyle -- The Acute Care of the Transplant Recipient / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Chi T. Pham and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Post-transplant Cardiovascular Disease / Phuong-Anh T. Pham, Carmen Slavov, Phuong-Thu T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Diabetes Mellitus and Transplantation: Risks for Post-transplant Diabetes / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Mai T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Infections in Kidney Transplant Recipients / Carlos A.Q. Santos and Daniel C. Brennan -- Malignancies Before and After Transplantation / Mary B. Prendergast and Roslyn B. Mannon -- Bone Disease in Renal Transplantation / Bradford Lee West, Stuart M. Sprague and Michelle A. Josephson -- Sexuality and Pregnancy Before and After Kidney Transplantation / Martha Pavlakis and Dianne B. McKay -- Socioeconomic Issues and the Transplant Recipient / Mary Beth Callahan and Connie L. Davis -- Adherence to the Immunosuppressive Regimen in Adult and Pediatric Kidney Transplant Recipients / Fabienne Dobbels and Richard N. Fine -- Transitioning Between Pediatric and Adult Clinics / Elizabeth Ingulli.
- Print Material
- Kill me first 2012Print Material
- Killer lymphocytes 2005, Springer
- Kindling. 6 2005, SpringerDevelopmental temporal lobe epilepsy in amygdala kindled kittens: an update -- Prenatal betamethasone exposure suppresses kindling epileptogenesis in immature rats -- Development of kindling in immature fast and slow kindling rats -- Neonatal heat-induced convulsions affect behaviours in neonatal, juvenile and adult rats -- Experimental absence versus amygdaloid kindling -- Pentylenetetrazol-induced kindling as a model of absence and convulsive forms of epilepsy -- Sodium current properties in different models of epilepsy -- Kindling the gabaergic phenotype of the glutamatergic granule cells -- Hippocampal kindling and GABA receptor functions -- Altered interaction between the entorhinal cortex and hippocampus in amygdala kindled rats -- Nature and consequences of seizures originating in the brainstem --Involvement in the claustrum and ventromedial thalamus in epileptogenesis -- From ultrastructure to networks: kindling-induced changes in neocortex -- Kindling as a tool for studying the role of subcortical structures in limbic seizures -- Kindling, epilepsy, and the plasticity of network synchronization -- Electrophysiological and anatomical differences, behavioral comorbidities and gene expression in fast and slow kindling rat strains -- Gene expression changes in kindling -- A proteomic approach to the molecular analysis of kindling -- Amygdala metabotropic glutamate receptors and kindling -- Induction of B₁ bradykinin receptors in the kindled brain -- Galanin and kindling -- Kindling, neurotrophins and axon-guidance factors -- Conditional deletion of TRKB prevents epileptogenesis in the kindling model -- Neuropeptide Y and its receptors in kindling epileptogenesis -- Contribution of pre kindling affective state to hemispheric differences in the effects on anxiety of basolateral amygdala kindling -- Effects of kindling on spatial memory: characteristics and mechanisms -- A potential role for the hippocampus in the expression of kindling-induced fear --Does inadvertent conditioning contribute to the major features of kindling? -- Contingent tolerance and cross tolerance to anticonvulsant effects in amygdala-kindled seizures: mechanistic and clinical implications -- Mechanisms of pharmacoresistance in the phenytoin-resistant kindled wistar rat -- Development of new anticonvulsants using the kindling model -- Cannabinoids and kindling -- Low frequency sine wave stimulation decreases the incidence of kindled seizures -- Predisposed susceptibility in primate epileptogenesis and anti-epileptogenesis -- Natural history of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis: how does kindling compare with other commonly used animal models -- Clinical evidence of epilepsy-related plasticity -- Pathological sensitization of the dopamine system in experimental epileptogenesis: implication for the mechanism of epileptic psychosis.
- Kinesin protocols Springer Protocols
- Kinetochore 2009, SpringerCentromeres and kinetochores : an historical perspective /Kerry S. Bloom --The basics of chromosome segregation /Mitsuhiro Yanagida --The centromere /Beth A. Sullivan --Neocentromeres /Owen J. Marshall and K.H. Andy Choo --Human artificial centromeres : de novo assembly of functional centromeres on human artificial chromosomes /Hiroshi Masumoto, Teruaki Okada, and Yasuhide Okamoto --Kinetochore composition, formation, and organization /Tatsuo Fukagawa and Peter De Wulf --Evolution of centromeres and kinetochores : a two-part fugue /Paul B. Talbert, Joshua J. Bayes, and Steven Henikoff --Mitotic spindle assembly mechanisms /Rebecca Heald and Claire E. Walczak --Kinetochore-microtubule interactions /Lesley Clayton and Tomoyuki U. Tanaka --Post-translational modifications that regulate kinetochore activity /Chitra V. Kotwaliwale and Sue Biggins --The role of the kinetochore in spindle checkpoint signaling /P. Todd Stukenberg and Daniel J. Burke --Kinetochore regulation of anaphase and cytokinesis /Scott Thomas and Kenneth B. Kaplan --Roles of centromeres and kinetochores in meiosis /Adele L. Marston --The kinetochore-cancer connection /Takeshi Tomonaga --The kinetochore as target for cancer drug development /Song-tao Liu and Tim J. Yen.
- Print Material
- Kinship and demographic behavior in the past 2008, Springer
- KIR gene cluster 2003, NCBI Bookshelf
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of chemical technology 2005-, WileyIncludes risk management, enterprise resource planning, outsourcing, combinatorial synthesis and technology, functional foods, process automation, electronic chemicals, specialty silicones, mergers and acquisitions, nanoparticles, bioinformatics, ISO 14000, micron-scale chemical analysis, medical applications of biodegradable materials, product development, strategies, drug discovery strategies, chemistry of aging, single-site catalysis, custom manufacturing, and global chemical market analysis.
- Print Material
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive biology 2013, Springer
- Print Material
- Knee arthroplasty handbook 2006, Springer
- Print Material
- Knee arthroscopy 2009, SpringerKnee arthroscopy : technique and normal anatomy / Anthony Schena and Glen Ross -- Partial meniscectomy / Laurie M. Katz and Paul P. Weitzel -- Meniscus repair and future directions / Michael J. Angel, Jordan Kerker, and Nicholas Sgaglione -- Meniscal allograft transplantation / David M. Junkin, Jr., Jayesh K. Patel, and Darren L. Johnson -- Arthroscopic treatment of the osteoarthritic knee / Carl T. Talmo and James V. Bono -- Current concepts in articular cartilage / Brian P. McKeon -- Patellofemoral disorders / Jeffrey T. Spang and John P. Fulkerson -- Surgical management of anterior cruciate ligament injuries / Mark E. Steiner -- Posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral corner reconstruction / Gregory C. Fanelli ... [et al.] -- Arthrofibrosis and synovial lesions of the knee / John C. Richmond and Iván Encalada-Diaz -- Arthroscopic treatment of knee fractures / S.L. Mortimer and Robert Hunter.
- Knee joint 2012, SpringerPushed by the progress of biology, technology and biomechanics, knee surgery has dramatically evolved in the last decades. This book is a "state of the art" concerning all aspects of knee surgery from ligament reconstruction to Total Knee Arthroplasty. An international panel of renowned authors have worked on this didactic fully illustrated book. It will help young surgeons to understand basic sciences and modern sugical techniques. The experienced surgeon will find help to deal with difficult cases and clarifications in recent technologic advances such as cartilage surgery, navigation and mini invasive surgery.
- Knee surgery using computer assisted surgery and robotics 2013, SpringerThis book discusses the full range of current applications of computer-assisted surgery and robotics in the field of knee surgery, and also considers potential future applications. The impact of computer-assisted surgery on a wide range of surgical procedures is clearly explained. Procedures considered include total knee arthroplasty, unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, cruciate ligament reconstruction, patellofemoral arthroplasty, and revision surgery. In each case, technical aspects are thoroughly addressed in a readily understandable manner. Knee Surgery Using Computer-Assisted Surgery and Robotics will be an ideal guide to this exciting field for both novice and more experienced surgeons who treat knee injuries and disorders.
- Print Material1. The Coach Driver's Knee -- 2: The Dead Man's Arm -- 3. The Stout Man's Muscles -- 4. The Pregnant Woman's Womb -- 5. The Professor's Testicle -- 6. The Lizard's Tails -- 7. The Chimney Sweep's Teeth -- 8. The Debutante's Spots -- 9. The Surgeon's Penis -- 10. The Kangaroo's Skull -- 11. The Electric Eel's Peculiar Organs --12. The Chaplain's Neck -- 13.The Giant's Bones -- 14. The Poet's Foot -- 15. The Monkey's Skull -- 16. The Anatomist's Heart.
- Knobil and Neill's Physiology of reproduction. 3rd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectv. 1. Gametes, fertilization and embryogenesis -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Pituitary and hypothalamus -- v. 2. Reproductive behavior and its control -- Reproductive processes and their control -- Pregnancy -- Lactation.
- Know-how of face transplantation 2011, Springer
- Knowing, knowledge, and beliefs 2008, Springer
- Knowledge coordination 2003, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Knowledge -- ch. 3. Agents -- ch. 4. Ontologies -- ch. 5. Capabilities.
- Knowledge discovery in proteomics 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Knowledge in the time of cholera 2013, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print MaterialIntroduction : of cholera, quacks, and competing medical visions -- Choleric confusion -- The formation of the AMA, the creation of quacks -- The intellectual politics of filth -- Cholera becomes a microbe -- Capturing cholera, and epistemic authority, in the laboratory -- Conclusion : Medicine after the time of cholera.
- Knowledge management for health care procedures 2008, SpringerHealth care knowledge management: Healthcare Knowledge nmanagement : the art of the possible / Syed Sibte Raza Abidi -- Health care knowledge elicitation -- Health care knowledge transformation -- Health care knowledge-based intelligent systems.
- Knowledge management in action 2008, Springer
- Knowledge management in public health 2010, CRCnetBASEThe quick basics of knowledge management / Jay Liebowitz -- Knowledge management and public health : a winning combination / Jay Liebowitz, Richard A. Schieber, and Joanne D. Andreadis -- Extending cross-generational knowledge flow research in edge organizations / Jay Liebowitz and Emil Ivanov -- Knowledge retention trends and strategies for knowledge workers and organizations / Masud Cader and Jay Liebowitz -- Examples of knowledge management in public health / Angela M. Fix, Sterling Elliott, and Irene Stephens -- Building knowledge management in an international health NGO / Richard Iams and Patricia Ringers -- Trying to revive an anemic system : a case study from USAID's Nutrition Division / Laura Birx -- Formulating KM strategies at the local level : a new approach to knowledge sharing in large public health organizations / Richard Van West-Charles and Arthur J. Murray -- Knowledge management : a mechanism for promoting evidence-informed public health decision making / Maureen Dobbins ... [et al.] -- myPublicHealth : utilizing knowledge management to improve public health practice and decision making / Debra Revere ... [et al.] -- Connections : sharing experience to advance public health practice / Ellen Wild and Debra Bara -- The association of public health laboratories : from surveys toward knowledge management, a voyage to Cythera / Robert Rej and Neha Desai.
- Knowledge management: learning from knowledge engineering 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Knowledge representation and reasoning 2004, ScienceDirectThe language of first-order logic -- Expressing knowledge -- Resolution -- Reasoning with horn clauses -- Procedural control of reasoning -- Rules in production systems -- Object-oriented representation -- Structured descriptions -- Inheritance -- Defaults -- Vagueness, uncertainty, and degrees of belief -- Explanation and diagnosis -- Actions -- Planning -- The tradeoff between expressiveness and tractability.
- Knowledge translation in health care 2009, WileyChapter 1. Introduction / Sharon E. Straus, Jacqueline Tetroe and Ian D. Graham, p. 1-9 -- Chapter 2. Knowledge Creation / Sharon E. Straus, Jennifer Tetzlaff, Andrea C. Tricco, David Moher, Melissa C. Brouwers, Dawn Stacey, Annette M. O'Connor, K. Ann McKibbon and Cynthia Lokker, p. 11-55 -- Chapter 3. The Knowledge-to-Action Cycle / Sharon E. Straus, Alison Kitson, Margaret B. Harrison, Ian D. Graham, Béatrice Fervers, France Légaré, Barbara Davies, Nancy Edwards and Sumit R. Majumdar, p. 57-181 -- Chapter 4. Theories and Models of Knowledge to Action / Ian D. Graham, Jacqueline Tetroe, Alison Hutchinson, Carole A. Estabrooks, Jean-Louis Denis, Pascale Lehoux and Anne Sales, p. 183-232 -- Chapter 5. Knowledge Exchange / Michelle Gagnon, p. 233-245 -- Chapter 6. Evaluation of Knowledge to Action / Onil Bhattacharyya, Merrick Zwarenstein, Deborah J. Kenny, Evelyn Cornelissen and Craig Mitton, p. 247-266.
- Knowledge-based systems 2000, ScienceDirectv. 1. Implementation -- v. 2. Optimization -- v. 3. Computer techniques -- v. 4. Systems and applications.
- Köhler's invention 2005, Springer
- Print MaterialIntroduction to microbiology: part I : the role of the microbiology laboratory in the diagnosis of infectious diseases : guidelines to practice and management -- Introduction to microbiology: part II : guidelins for the collection, transport, processing, analysis, and reporting of cultures from specific specimen sources -- Laboratory diagnosis by immunologic methods -- Molecular microbiology -- Medical bacteriology: taxonomy, morphology, physiology, and virulence -- The enterobacteriaceae -- The nonfermentative gram-negative bacilli -- Curved gram-negative bacilli and oxidase-positive fermenters: campylobacteraceae and vibrionaceae -- Miscellaneous fastidious gram-negative bacilli -- Legionella -- Neisseria species and moraxella catarrhalis -- Gram-positive cocci: part I : staphylococci and related gram-positive cocci -- Gram-positive cocci: part II : streptococci, enterococci, and the "streptococcus-like" bacteria -- Aerobic and facultative gram-positive bacilli -- Aerobic actinomycetes -- The anaerobic bacteria -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing -- Mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas -- Mycobacteria -- Spirochetal infections -- Mycology -- Parasitology -- Diagnosis of infections caused by viruses, chlamydia, rickettsia, and related organisms.
- Print Material
- Kore 2012Print Material"... Szczeklik writes with the grace of a poet and the ease of a fine storyteller. Anecdotes drawn from a personal immersion in art, music, and literature are woven with reports on experimental medicine and daily clinical experience. From DNA and the re-creation of the Spanish Flu virus, to contemporary research in genetics, cancer, neurology, and the AIDS virus, from "Symptoms and Shadows," to "Dying and Death," to "Enchantment of Love," every chapter of this book is alive and engaging. The result is a life-affirming work of science, philosophy, art, and spirituality"--Excerpted from notes supplied by publisher.
- Print MaterialDiagnostic cytology: its origins and principles -- The basic structure of the mammalian cell -- How cells function: fundamental concepts of molecular biology -- Principles of cytogenetics -- Recognizing and classifying cells -- Morphologic response of cells to injury -- Fundamental concepts of neoplasia: benign tumors and cancer -- The normal female genital tract -- Cytologic evaluation of menstrual disorders and hormonal abnormalities -- Benign disorders of the uterine cervix and vagina -- Squamous carcinoma of the uterine cervix and its precursors -- Adenocarcinoma and related tumors of the uterine cervix -- Proliferative disorders and carcinoma of the endometrium -- Diseases of the vagina, vulva, perineum, and anus -- Tumors of the ovary and fallopian tube -- Pertioneal washings or lavage in cancers of the female genital tract -- Rare and unusual disorders of the female genital tract -- Effects of therapeutic procedures on the epithelia of the female genital tract -- The lower respiratory tract in the absence of cancer: conventional and aspiration cytology -- Tumors of the lung: conventional cytology and aspiration biopsy -- Epithelial lesions of the oral cavity, larynx, trachea, nasopharynx, and paranasal sinuses -- The lower urinary tract in the absence of cancer -- Tumors of the urinary tract in urine and brushings -- The gastrointestinal tract -- Effusions in the absence of cancer -- Effusions in the presence of cancer -- Cerebrospinal and miscellaneous fluids -- Techniques of fine-needle aspiration, smear preparation, and principles of interpretation -- The breast -- The thyroid, parathyroid, and neck masses other than lymph nodes -- Lymph nodes -- Salivary glands -- The prostate and the testis -- The skin -- Soft tissue lesions -- Bone tumors -- The mediastinum -- The liver and spleen -- The pancreas -- The kidneys, adrenals, and retroperitoneum -- The eyelids, orbit, and eye -- The central nervous system -- Circulating cancer cells -- Laboratory techniques -- Immunochemistry and molecular biology in cytological diagnosis -- Digital analysis of cells and tissues -- Flow cytometry.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Kunst der Höchstleistung 2006, Springer
- The KEGG database is designed to facilitate understanding of higher-order protein and cellular functions (e.g., metabolic networks) using genomic and molecular information.
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases