all 101 "K" titles
- K taping an illustrated guide 2012, SpringerBirgit Kumbrink's bestselling guide to K Taping - finally available in English! This richly illustrated hands-on guidebook features a highly successful therapeutic approach to treating orthopedic, traumatological and many other conditions. It serves both as a perfect companion to training courses and as a reference book and refresher for health care professionals who have completed their training.A brief introduction to the basic principles of K Taping, the special elastic tapes used and the methods history is followed by 7 chapters highlighting treatment techniques and their application to 50 frequently seen conditions. Each is featured on a double page with up to five color photos, brief instruction, practical information about symptoms, dosage, progress to be expected and tips regarding variations of techniques.As the benefits of K Taping in enhancing the effects of other conservative care and surgical treatments are getting more and more appreciated, Birgit Kumbrink's K Taping An Illustrated Guide, developed by Germany based K Taping Academy, has rapidly established itself as the ultimate reference book for therapists and clinicians in an ever expanding range of medical disciplines.
- Kainate receptors novel signaling insights 2011, Springer"This volume critically examines the functional actions of the kainate type glutamate receptors (KARs). Following on from the larger body of work on the NMDA and AMPA-type ionotropic glutamate receptors (GluRs), studies with KARs have consistently thrown up exceptions to general rules about synaptic modulation. Contributors herein provide an insight to the idiosyncracies that now almost typify the KAR field. The fascinating insights provided in this volume serve to encourage searching mechanistic questions"--Provided by publisher.
- Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics, 1927-1945 crossing boundaries 2008, SpringerA "purely theoretical institute for the study of the nature of man" : the founding of the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics, 1920-1927 -- "The human of the future under the scrutiny of research" : the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics in the Weimar Republic, 1927-1933 -- The "Faustian bargain" : the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics in the National Socialist era, 1933-1938/1942 -- In the realm of opportunity : the Kaiser Wilhelm Institute for Anthropology, Human Heredity, and Eugenics during World War II, 1938/42-1945.
- Kala azar in South Asia current status and challenges ahead 2011, Springerpt. 1. Introduction to Kala-Azar -- pt. 2. Therapeutic strategy to deal with emergence of drug resistance -- pt. 3. Diagnostic strategy enhancing Kala-Azar elimination program -- pt. 4. PKDL and its implications in eliminating Kala-azar -- pt. 5. New challenges confronting Kala azar elimination programme and their possible solutions.
- Kallmann syndrome and hypogonadotropic hypogonadism 2010, KargerMolecular characterization and phenotypic expression of mutations in genes for gonadotropins and their receptors in humans / Salvi, R., Pralong, F.P -- Role of kisspeptin/GPR54 system in human reproductive axis / Silveira, L.F.G. ... [et al.] -- Biology of kisspeptins / Hameed, S., Dhillo, W.S. -- Role of fibroblast growth factor signaling in gonadotropin-releasing hormone neuronal system development / Chung, W.C.J., Tsai, P.-S. -- FGFR1 mutations in Kallmann syndrome / Villanueva, C., de Roux, N. -- Biology of KAL1 and its orthologs : implications for x-linked Kallmann syndrome and the search for novel candidate genes / MacColl, G.S., Quinton, R., Bülow, H.E. -- Biological actions and interactions of anosmin-1 / Choy, C., Kim, S.H. -- Genotype and phenotype of patients with gonadotropin-releasing hormone receptor mutations / Kim, H.-G. ... [et al.] -- Hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and GNRH1 mutations in mice and humans / Bouligand, J. ... [et al.] -- Kallmann syndrome caused by mutations in the PROK2 and PROKR2 genes : pathophysiology and genotype-phenotype correlations / Sarfati, J., Dodé, C., Young, J. -- Neurokinin B and its receptor in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Semple, R.K., Topaloglu, A.K. -- Complex genetics in idiopathic hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Pitteloud, N. ... [et al.] -- Rarer syndromes characterized by hypogonadotropic hypogonadism / Aminzadeh, M. ... [et al.].
- Kalman filter primer 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Kanerva's Occupational dermatology. 2nd ed. 2012, SpringerOccupational skin diseases are a field of increasing interest in today's dermatology. Due to rapid developments in several areas of modern industry, new dermatological problems constantly occur amongst workers.The 1st edition of this Handbook of Occupational Dermatology was published in 2000 and has served as the main reference book of occupational skin diseases for general and occupational dermatologists and occupational physicians. The new edition is completely revised, updated and extended with respect to new developments. The layout allows for both quick access to practical information and in-depth reading. Included are concise tables, algorithms and figures on how to optimize the diagnostic procedure for daily patient management and expert opinion.The new edition will continue the success as major source of reference for clinical and experimental work in the field of occupational skin diseases, both for students and experts.
- Neural sciences -- Neuropsychiatry and behavioral neurology -- Contributions of the psychological sciences -- Contributions of the sociocultural sciences -- Quantitative and experimental methods in psychiatry -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Diagnosis and psychiatry : examination of the psychiatric patient -- Clinical manifestations of psychiatric disorders -- Classification in psychiatry -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders and mental disorders due to a general medical condition -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Factitious disorder -- Dissociative disorders -- Normal human sexuality and sexual and gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Relational problems -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Culture-bound syndromes -- Special areas of interest -- Psychiatric emergencies -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry -- Psychiatric examination [of the infant, child, and adolescent] -- Genetics in child psychiatry -- Neuroimaging in psychiatric disorders of childhood -- Temperament : risk and protective factors for child psychiatric disorders -- Intellectual disability -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder : developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy and early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders in children -- Early-onset psychotic disorders -- Child psychiatry : psychiatric treatment -- Child psychiatry : special areas of interest -- Adulthood -- Geriatric psychiatry -- Public psychiatry -- Psychiatric education -- Ethics and forensic psychiatry -- History of psychiatry -- World aspects of psychiatry.
- Kaplan & Sadock's Pocket handbook of clinical psychiatry. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialPsychiatric history, mental status, and psychiatric report -- Clinical interview -- Signs and symptoms in psychiatry -- Classification in psychiatry -- Delirium, dementia, amnestic disorders, and other cognitive disorders and mental disorders due to a medical condition -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV and AIDS -- Alcohol, opioids, and other substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Schizophreniform, schizoaffective, delusional, and other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders, factitious disorders, and malingering -- Dissociative disorders -- Sexual dysfunctions, paraphilias, and gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders and obesity -- Sleep disorders -- Impulse-control and adjustment disorders -- Psychosomatic disorders -- Personality disorders -- Suicide, violence, and other psychiatric emergencies -- Infant, child, and adolescent disorders -- Geriatric psychiatry -- End-of-lifecare, death, dying, and bereavement -- Psychotherapy -- Psychopharmacology and other biologic therapies -- Laboratory tests and brain imaging in psychiatry -- Medication-induced movement disorders -- Forensic and ethical issues in psychiatry.
- Kaplan & Sadock's Pocket handbook of clinical psychiatry. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Kaplan & Sadock's Pocket handbook of psychiatric drug treatment. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- "This study guide is an excellent aid in preparing for boards and other psychiatry exams and in reinforcing your knowledge. It offers chapter overviews of Synopsis, Tenth Edition and over 1,600 multiple-choice questions with discussions of correct and incorrect answers"--Provided by publisher.
- Kaplan & Sadock's Synopsis of psychiatry behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry. 10th ed. 2007, OvidThe patient-doctor relationship -- Human development throughout the life cycle -- The brain and behavior -- Contributions of the psychosocial sciences -- Clinical neuropsychological testing -- Theories of personality and psychopathology -- Clinical examination of the psychiatric patient -- Signs and symptoms in psychiatry -- Classification in psychiatry and psychiatric rating scales -- Delirium, dementia, and amnestic and other cognitive disorders -- Neuropsychiatric aspects of HIV infection and AIDS -- Substance-related disorders -- Schizophrenia -- Other psychotic disorders -- Mood disorders -- Anxiety disorders -- Somatoform disorders -- Chronic fatigue syndrome -- Factitious disorders -- Dissociative disorders -- Human sexuality -- Gender identity disorders -- Eating disorders -- Normal sleep and sleep disorders -- Impulse-control disorders not elsewhere classified -- Adjustment disorders -- Personality disorders -- Psychosomatic medicine -- Complementary and alternative medicine in psychiatry -- Psychiatry and reproductive medicine -- Relational problems -- Problems related to abuse or neglect -- Additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Emergency psychiatric medicine -- Psychotherapies -- Biological therapies -- Child psychiatry: assessment, examination, and psychological testing -- Mental retardation -- Learning disorders -- Motor skills disorder: developmental coordination disorder -- Communication disorders -- Pervasive developmental disorders -- Attention-deficit disorders -- Disruptive behavior disorders -- Feeding and eating disorders of infancy or early childhood -- Tic disorders -- Elimination disorders -- Other disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Mood disorders and suicide in children and adolescents -- Anxiety disorders of infancy, childhood, and adolescence -- Early-onset schizophrenia -- Adolescent substance abuse -- Child psychiatry: additional conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention -- Psychiatric treatment of children and adolescents -- Child psychiatry: special areas of interest -- Geriatric psychiatry -- End of life care and palliative medicine -- Clinical-legal issues in psychiatry -- Ethics in psychiatry.
- Kaplan's Cardiac anesthesia the echo era. 6th ed. 2011, ClinicalKeyOptimize perioperative outcomes with Dr. Joel L. Kaplan and a host of other authorities help you make the best use of the latest techniques and navigate your toughest clinical challenges. Whether you are administering anesthesia to cardiac surgery patients or to cardiac patients undergoing non-cardiac surgery, you'll have the guidance you need to avoid complications and ensure maximum patient safety. Inside this edition you'll find state-of-the-art coverage of transesophageal echocardiography (TEE), minimally invasive/robotic cardiac surgery, cardiac assist devices and artificial hearts, cardiac pacing and cardiac resynchronization therapy, and many other cutting-edge topics. Tap into the latest knowledge about 2D and 3D transesophageal echocardiography, anesthesia delivery for minimally invasive/robotic cardiac surgery, assist devices and artificial hearts, cardiac pacing, cardiac resynchronization therapy, ablation techniques, and more.
- Kaplan's Cardiac anesthesia. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Kaplan's Clinical hypertension. 9th ed. 2006, OvidHypertension in the population at large -- Measurement of blood pressure -- Primary hypertension: pathogenesis -- Primary hypertension: natural history and evaluation -- Treatment of hypertension: why, when, how far -- Treatment of hypertension: lifestyle modifications -- Treatment of hypertension: drug therapy -- Hypertensive crises -- Renal parenchymal hypertension -- Renovascular hypertension -- Hypertension with pregnancy and the pill -- Pheochromocytoma (with a preface about incidental adrenal masses) -- Primary aldosteronism -- Hypertension induced by cortisol or deoxycorticosterone -- Other forms of identifiable hypertension -- Hypertension in childhood and adolescence.
- Kaposi sarcoma herpesvirus new perspectives 2007, SpringerModern evolutionary history of the human KSHV genome / G.S. Hayward and J.-C. Zong -- Rhesus monkey rhadinovirus : a model for the study of KSHV / C.M. O'Connor and D.H. Kedes --the Rta/Orf50 transactivator proteins of the gamma-herpesviridae / M.R. Staudt and D.P. Dittmer -- Structure and function of latency-associated nuclear antigen / S.C. Verma, K. Lan, and E. Robertson -- The KSHV and other human herpesviral G protein-coupled receptors / M. Cannon -- Regulation of KSHV lytic gene expression / H. Deng, Y. Liang, and R. Sun -- Karposi sarcoma herpesvirus-encoded interferon regulator factors / M.K. Offermann -- Endothelial cell- and lymphocyte-based in vitro systems for understanding KSHV biology / S.C. McAllister and A.V. Moses -- KSHV after an organ transplant : should we screen? / A.-G. Marcelin, V. Calvez, and E. Dussaix -- Kaposi sarcoma-associated herpesvirus and other viruses in human lymphomagenesis / E. Cesarman and E.A. Mesri -- The use of antiviral drugs in the prevention and treatment of Kaposi sarcoma, multicentric Castleman disease / C. Casper and A. Wald -- Interactions between HIV-1 Tat and KSHV / Y. Aoki and G. Tosato.
- Karch's pathology of drug abuse. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASECocaine -- Natural stimulants -- Synthetic stimulants -- Hallucinogens -- Opiates and opioids -- Dissociative anesthetics -- Anabolic steroids -- Solvents -- Marijuana -- Appendix 1: Conversion formulas -- Appendix 2: Blood alcohol concentrations -- Appendix 3: Volume of distribution calculations -- Appendix 4: Normal heart weights.
- Print MaterialList of illustrations -- Acknowledgements -- Abbreviations -- 1. Prologue -- 2. The ambitious idealist -- 3. Becoming Hitler's doctor -- 4. Hitler's envoy -- 5. The 'euthanasia' doctor -- 6. The General Commissioner -- 7. Detached leadership -- 8. Human experimentation -- 9. Medical supremo -- 10. Nuremberg -- 11. Trial -- 12. Under sentence of death -- Notes -- Bibliography -- Index.
- Katzenstein and Askin's Surgical pathology of non-neoplastic lung disease. 4th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialHandling and interpretation of lung biopsies -- Acute lung injury patterns: diffuse alveolar damage and bronchiolitis obliterans-organizing pneumonia -- Idiopathic interstitial pneumonia -- Pathology of drug-induced lung disease -- Pneumoconiosis -- Immunologic lung disease -- Systemic diseases involving the lung -- Pulmonary vasculitis -- Primary lymphoid lung lesions -- Infection I. unusual pneumonias -- Infection II. granulomatous infections -- Lung involvement in the acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) -- Pulmonary hypertension and other vascular disorders -- Pediatric disorders -- Miscellaneous I. specific diseases of uncertain etiology -- Miscellaneous II. nonspecific inflammatory and destructive diseases -- Transbronchial lung biopsy.
- Katzung & Trevor's Pharmacology examination & board review. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Katzung & Trevor's Pharmacology examination & board review. 9th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Katzung & Trevor's Pharmacology examination and board review. 8th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Kaufman's Clinical neurology for psychiatrists. Seventh edition. [7th ed.] 2013, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKeyCompletely revised in response to the new format of the ABPN certifying exam, Kaufman's Clinical Neurology for Psychiatrists is the ideal reference to enhance your mastery of the neurology knowledge needed for the Psychiatry Board exam. Nearly 2,000 multiple-choice practice questions, in print and online, assess your familiarity with the latest topics in the field! Enhance your mastery of the material with the help of abundant line drawings, CTs, MRIs, and EEGs that demonstrate key clinical findings to facilitate diagnosis.Fully understand each condition's relevant history, neurologic and psychiatric features, easily performed office and bedside examinations, appropriate tests, differential diagnosis, and management options.
- Kelley's Textbook of rheumatology. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Kelley's Textbook of rheumatology. 8th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialBiology of the normal joint -- Synovium -- Cartilage and chondrocytes -- Biology, physiology, and morphology of bone -- Muscle: anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry -- Joint biomechanics: the role of mechanics and joint pathology -- Proteinases and matrix degradation -- Mononuclear phagocytes in rheumatic diseases -- T lymphocytes -- B cells -- Fibroblasts and fibroblast-like synoviocytes -- Neutrophils and eosinophils -- Mast cells -- Platelets and rheumatic diseases -- Autoimmunity -- Innate immunity -- Adaptive immunity including organization of lymphoid tissues -- Genetics of rheumatic diseases -- Complement system -- Signal transduction -- Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and related compounds -- Cell recruitment and angiogenesis -- Cell survival and death in rheumatic diseases -- Animal models of inflammatory arthritis -- Neurologic regulation of inflammation -- Atherosclerosis in rheumatoid arthritis -- Principles of epidemiology in rheumatic disease -- Economic burden of rheumatic diseases -- Clinical trial design and analysis -- Assessment of health outcomes -- Biologic markers -- Occupational and recreational musculoskeletal disorders -- Integrative medicine in rheumatology: an evidence-based approach -- History and physical examination of the musculoskeletal system -- Monarticular arthritis -- Polyarticular arthritis -- Fibromyalgia -- Neck pain -- Shoulder pain -- Low back pain -- Hip and knee pain -- Foot and ankle pain -- Hand and wrist pain -- Temporomandibular joint pain -- The eye and rheumatic diseases -- The skin and rheumatic diseases -- Synovial fluid analysis, synovial biopsy, and synovial pathology -- Arthrocentesis and injection of joints and soft tissue -- Antinuclear antibodies -- Rheumatoid factors and other autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis -- Acute-phase reactants and the concept of inflammation -- Imaging modalities in rheumatic disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Glucocorticoid therapy -- Methotrexate, leflunomide, sulfasalazine, hydroxychloroquine, and combination therapies -- Immunoregulatory drugs -- Anticytokine therapies -- Cell-targeted biologics and emerging targets: rituximab, abatacept, and other biologics -- Chronic musculoskeletal pain -- Arthritis self-management -- Psychosocial management of rheumatic diseases -- Nutrition and rheumatic diseases -- Introduction to physical medicine and rehabilitation -- Etiology and pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis -- Clinical features of rheumatoid arthritis -- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis -- Felty's syndrome -- Sjören's syndrome -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis and reactive arthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Enteropathic arthritis -- Pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Clinical features and treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Systemic sclerosis and the scleroderma-spectrum disorders -- Inflammatory diseases of muscle and other myopathies -- Overlap syndromes -- The classification and epidemiology of systemic vasculitis -- Giant cell arteritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, and takayasu's arteritis -- Antineutrophil cytoplasmic antibody-associated vasculitis -- Polyarteritis and related disorders -- Isolated angiitis of the central nervous system -- Immune complex-mediated small vessel vasculitis -- Behçet's disease -- Gout and hyperuricemia -- Diseases associated with articular deposition of calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate and basic calcium phosphate crystals -- Pathogenesis of osteoarthritis -- Clinical features of osteoarthritis -- Management of osteoarthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Proliferative bone diseases -- Osteonecrosis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Heritable diseases of connective tissue -- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Systemic lupus erythematosus, juvenile dermatomyositis, scleroderma, and vasculitis -- Bacterial arthritis -- Lyme disease -- Mycobacterial infections of bones and joints -- Fungal infections of the bones and joints -- Rheumatic manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Viral arthritis -- Poststreptoccocal arthritis and rheumatic fever -- Amyloidosis -- Sarcoidosis -- Hemochromatosis -- Hemophilic arthropathy -- Rheumatic manifestations of hemoglobinopathies -- Arthritis accompanying endocrine and metabolic disorders -- Musculoskeletal syndromes in malignancy -- Familial autoinflammatory syndromes -- Tumors and tumor-like lesions of joints and related structures.
- Kelley's Textbook of rheumatology. 9th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyV. 1 -- Biology of the normal joint -- Synovium -- Cartilage and chondrocytes -- Biology, physiology, and morphology of bone -- Muscle: anatomy, physiology, and biochemistry -- Biomechanics -- Regenerative medicine and tissue engineering -- Proteinases and matrix degradation -- Dendritic cells -- Mononuclear phagocytes in rheumatic diseases -- Neutrophils -- Eosinophils -- T lymphocytes -- B cells -- Fibroblasts and fibroblast-like synoviocytes -- Mast cells -- Platelets -- Innate immunity -- Adaptive immunity and organization of lymphoid tissues -- Autoimmunity -- Genetics of rheumatic diseases -- Epigenetics -- Complement system -- Prostaglandins, leukotrienes, and related compounds -- Cell recruitment and angiogenesis -- Cytokines -- Cell survival and death in rheumatic diseases -- Experimental models for rheumatoid arthritis -- Neural regulation of pain and inflammation -- Principles of epidemiology in rheumatic disease -- Economic burden of rheumatic diseases -- Clinical trial design and analysis -- Assessment of health outcomes -- Biologic markers -- Occupational and recreational musculoskeletal disorders -- Cardiovascular risk in rheumatic disease -- Cancer risk in rheumatic diseases -- Introduction to physical medicine, physical therapy, and rehabilitation -- Pregnancy in the rheumatic diseases -- History and physical examination of the musculosketetal system -- Acute monoarthritis -- Polyarticular arthritis -- The skin and rheumatic diseases -- The eye and rheumatic diseases -- Neck pain -- Shoulder pain -- Low back pain -- Hip and knee pain -- Foot and ankle pain -- Hand and wrist pain -- Temporomandibular joint pain -- Fibromyalgia -- Synovial fluid analyses, synovial biopsy, and synovial pathology -- Arthrocentesis and injection of joints and soft tissue -- Antinuclear antibodies -- Autoantibodies in rheumatoid arthritis -- Acute phase reactants and the concept of inflammation -- Imaging modalities in rheumatic diseases -- Prostanoid biology and its therapeutic targeting -- Glucocortiocoid therapy -- Traditional DMARDs: methotrexate, leflunomide, sulfasalazne, hydroxychloroquine, and combination therapies -- Immunosuppressive drugs -- Anticytokin therapies -- Cell-targeted biologics and targets: rituximab, abatacept, and other biologics -- Antihyperuricemic agents -- Analgesic agents in rheumatic disease -- Psychosocial management of rheumatic diseases -- Nutrition and rheumatic diseases -- V. 2 -- Etiology and pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis -- Clinical features of rheumatoid arthritis -- Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis -- Early synovitis and early undifferentiated arthritis -- Sjögren's syndrome -- Pathogenesis of ankylosing spondylitis and reactive arthritis -- Ankylosing spondylitis -- Reactive arthritis and undifferentiated spondyloarthritis -- Psoriatic arthritis -- Enteropathic arthritis -- Etiology and pathogenesis of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Clinical features of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Treatment of systemic lupus erythematosus -- Antiphospholipid syndrome -- Etiology and pathogenesis of scleroderma -- Clinical features and treatment of scleroderma -- Inflammatory diseases of muscle and other myopathies -- Overlap syndromes -- Classification and epidemiology of systemic vasculitis -- Giant cell arteritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, and takayasu's arteritis -- Antineutrophil cytoplasm antibody-associated vasculitis -- Polyarteritis nodosa and related disorders -- Immune complex-mediated small vessel vasculitis -- Primary angiitis of the central nervous system -- Behcet's disease -- Etiology and pathogenesis of hyperuricemia and gout -- Clinical features and treatment of gout -- Calcium crystal disease: calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate and basic calcium phosphate -- Familial autoinflammatory syndromes -- Pathogenesis of osteoarthritis -- Clinical features of osteoarthritis -- Treatment of osteoarthritis -- Metabolic bone disease -- Proliferative bone diseases -- Osteonecrosis -- Relapsing polychondritis -- Heritable diseases of connective tissue -- Etiology and pathogenesis of juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Treatment of juvenile idiopathic arthritis -- Pediatric systemic lupus erythematosus, dermatomyositis, scleroderma, and vasculitis -- Bacterial arthritis -- Lyme disease -- Mycobacterial infections of bones and joints -- Fungal infections of bones and joints -- Rheumatic manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection -- Viral arthritis -- Poststreptococcal arthritis and rheumatic fever -- Amyloidosis -- Sarcoidosis -- Hemochromatosis -- Hemophilic arthropathy -- Rheumatologic manifestations of hemoglobinopathies -- Endocrine diseases and the musculoskeletal system -- Musculoskeletal syndromes in malignancy -- Tumors and tumor-liked lesions of joints and related structures.
- Kendig and Chernick's Disorders of the respiratory tract in children. 8th ed. 2012, ScienceDirectFulltext ClinicalKey
- Kendig's Disorders of the respiratory tract in children. 7th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Keratoconjunctivitis sicca and filamentary keratopathy in vivo morphology in the human cornea and conjunctiva 2012, SpringerThis book presents in vivo captured high-magnification images of two conditions: keratoconjunctivitis sicca (KCS, or dry eye), an extremely common disease of the ocular surface, and filamentary keratopathy, a relatively rare phenomenon most commonly associated with KCS. Although most of the images of KCS originated from patients with Sjögren's syndrome, they fairly represent the broad spectrum of ocular surface changes seen in the condition. The appearance of the ocular surface and of the mucus component discernible in the tear film is clearly depicted, and long-term observations, less common KCS cases, and images showing iatrogenic epithelial damage are included. The images of filamentary keratopathy clearly reveal the components of the ocular surface appendices, termed filaments, and assist in explaining the mechanisms underlying the formation of these filaments. The photographs show phenomena captured in various illumination modes, without staining and after staining with diagnostic dyes, and the photographic sequences illustrate their dynamics. The images reflect the in vivo situation. Once aware of the various phenomena, anyone working with standard diagnostic equipment - the slit lamp and the diagnostic dyes- will be able to detect almost all of them. The book will be invaluable for all who deal with ocular surface diseases, including general practitioners, medical eye specialists, ocular surgeons, optometrists, opticians, and rheumatologists.
- Kernicterus 2011, SpringerPrologue: World Health Concerns -- History of Bilirubin -- Biochemistry and Physiology of Bilirubin -- Premature Birth -- Erythroblastosis Fetalis -- The Gunn Rat Model -- Crigler-Najjar Syndrome -- Neuropathology of Kernicterus -- Bilirubin and Energy Metabolism -- Jaundice and Other Biochemical Changes -- Breast Milk Jaundice -- Jaundice in Malaria -- Jaundice in Congenital Hypertrophic Pyloric Stenosis -- Phototherapy for Hyperbilirubinemia -- Non-phototherapy Treatment -- Hyperbilirubinemia Revisited -- Auditory Brainstem Response -- Progressive Familial Intrahepatic Cholestasis -- Kernicterus in Older Children and Adults -- Cerebral Palsy and Counseling -- Neurological Sequelae from Jaundice -- Neurobehavioral Teratology -- Gene Therapy for Hyperbilirubinemia -- Epilogue: Comments and Future Directions.
- Key clinical trials in erectile dysfunction [abstract] 2007, Springer
- Key statistical concepts in clinical trials for pharma 2012, Springer
- Key topics in surgical research and methodology 2010, Springer
- Keyhole approaches in neurosurgery 2008, Springerv. 1. Concept and surgical technique.
- Structure of matter -- Nuclear transformations -- Production of x-rays -- Clinical radiation generators -- Interactions of ionizing radiation -- Measurement of ionizing radiation -- Quality of x-ray beams -- Measurement of absorbed dose -- Dose distribution and scatter analysis -- A system of dosimetric calculations -- Treatment planning i : isodose distributions -- Treatment planning ii : patient data acquisition, treatment verification, and -- Inhomogeneity corrections -- Treatment planning iii: field shaping, skin dose, and field separation -- Electron beam therapy -- Low-dose-rate brachytherapy: rules of implantation and dose specification -- Radiation protection -- Quality assurance -- Total body irradiation -- Three-dimensional conformal radiation therapy -- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy -- Stereotactic radiotherapy and radiosurgery -- Stereotactic body radiation therapy -- High-dose-rate brachytherapy -- Prostate implants: technique, dosimetry, and treatment planning -- Intravascular brachytherapy -- Image-guided radiation therapy -- Proton beam therapy.
- Kidney and pancreas transplantation a practical guide 2011, SpringerThe Immune response to transplanted organs / William M. Baldwin III, Anna Valujskikh, Peter N. Lalli, and Robert L. Fairchild -- The Histocompatibility laboratory in clinical transplantation / Diane J. Pidwell and Peter N. Lalli -- Immunosuppressive therapy in kidney and pancreas transplantation / George Thomas, Saul Nurko, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Clinical pharmacologic principles and immunosuppression / Patricia West-Thielke and Bruce Kaplan -- Pathology of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Lillian Gaber and Byron P. Croker -- Design, conduct, and report of clinical trials of immunosuppressive regimens in solid organ transplantation / Agnes Costello and D. Scott Batty, Jr. -- Outcomes of kidney and pancreas transplantation / Titte R. Srinivas, Herwig-Ulf Meier-Kriesche, and Jesse D. Schold -- Medical and surgical evaluation of the adult kidney transplant candidate / Richard A. Fatica, Stuart M. Flechner, and Titte R. Srinivas -- Selection and preparation of the pancreas transplant recipient / Ho-Yee Tiong and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Kidney transplant recipient surgery / Daniel A. Shoskes -- Issues and surgical techniques to expand the pool of kidneys available for transplantation / Charles S. Modlin III and Charles S. Modlin, Jr. -- Pancreas transplantation: surgical techniques / Alvin C. Wee and Venkatesh Krishnamurthi -- Laparoscopic living kidney donation / Wesley M. White and Jihad H. Kaouk -- Perioperative and anesthetic management in kidney and pancreas transplantation management / Jerome F. O'Hara Jr. and Samuel A. Irefin -- Surgical complications after kidney transplantation / Stuart M. Flechner -- Urological complications after kidney transplantation / Islam A. Ghoneim and Daniel A. Shoskes -- Medical management of kidney transplant recipients / Vidya Vootukuru and Brian Stephany -- Infectious complications: prevention and management / Robin K. Avery, Michelle Lard, and Titte R Srinivas -- Living kidney donation: pre- and post-donation evaluation and management / Jonathan Taliercio and Emilio D. Poggio -- Psychology, quality of life and rehabilitation after kidney and pancreas transplantation / Kathy L. Coffman -- Kidney allocation system for deceased donor kidneys in the United States / Islam A. Ghoneim and David A. Goldfarb -- Ethics of transplantation / David A. Goldfarb and Jerome F. O'Hara, Jr. -- World wide long-term (20-40 years) renal transplant outcomes and classification of long-term patient and allograft survivals / William E. Braun, Sankar Navaneethan, and Deborah Protiva -- Quantitative aspects of clinical reasoning: measuring endpoints and performance / Jesse D. Schold -- The Business of transplantation / Art Thomson.
- Kidney and urinary tract diseases in the newborn 2014, SpringerEmbryology of the Urinary Tract -- Normal Development of Renal Function of the Newborn -- Fluid and Electrolytes in the Newborn -- Special Considerations -- Tools for the Assessment of Renal Function in the Newborn -- Oral and Parenteral Nutrition of the Newborn with Urinary Tract Disease -- Fetal Urology -- Imaging of the Urinary Tract in Newborns -- Urinary Tract Infections -- Hydronephrosis -- Posterior Urethral Valves -- Prune Belly Syndrome -- Structural Abnormalities of the External Genitalia and Urinary Tract -- Structural Abnormalities of the kidney and Ureter -- Neonatal Tumors involving the Urinary Tract -- Cystic Kidney Disease -- Congenital Nephrotic Syndrome -- Acute Kidney Injury -- Renal Replacement Therapy in the Neonate -- Neonatal Hypertension -- Electrolyte Abnormalities in the Newborn.
- Kidney cancer-- principles and practice 2012, Springer"Kidney Cancer: Principles and Practice is an interdisciplinary textbook that encompasses all clinically relevant aspects of the disease and is designed to be as user-friendly as possible in order to meet the needs of the busy practitioner. To this end, the informative text is complemented by helpful boxed sections that present essential 'take home' points and patient-oriented cases demonstrating the clinical application of elements discussed in the chapter in question. Original high-quality images, some in color, are included whenever necessary to simplify particularly complex material. The authors are an international group of acknowledged experts in kidney cancer epidemiology, molecular biology, pathology, diagnosis, clinical features, staging, prognostic and predictive factors, surgery, systemic therapy, and emerging investigational approaches, among others. This clinically oriented volume will be of great interest to clinicians, researchers, residents, and fellows, as well as to students and knowledgeable lay people."--Publisher's website.
- Kidney development in renal pathology 2014, SpringerThis volume provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review in the field of experimental and human nephrogenesis. The book reviews new data on the effects on kidney development by neonatal asphyxia, obstructive uropathies, nephrotoxic drugs, malnutrition, underfeeding, overfeeding, and provides all possible preventive measures to ensure the well-being of the kidney at birth. The book also discusses the possible implications between renal development and the insurgence of kidney disease in adult life, and the correlation with renal carcinogenesis. Written by well recognized experts in their fields, Kidney Development in Renal Pathology is a valuable tool for pathologists, neonatologists, nephrologists, gynecologists, and researchers with an interest in kidney diseases.
- Kidney from normal development to congenital abnormalities 2003, ScienceDirect
- Kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias 2007, KargerThe kidney in plasma cell dyscrasias: a current view and a look at the future / Herrera, G.A. -- A history of the kidney in plasma cell disorders / Steensma, D.P., Kyle, R.A. -- Patholigic studies useful for the diagnosis and monitoring of plasma cell dyscrasias / Veillon, D.M., Cotelingam, J.D. -- Serum free light chains in the diagnosis and monitoring of patients with plasma cell dyscrasias / Mayo, M.M., Schaef Johns, G. -- Mechanisms of renal damage in plasma cell dyscrasias: an overview / Merlini, G., Pozzi, C. -- Proximal tubular injury in myeloma / Batuman, V. -- Paraproteinemic renal diseases that involve the tubulo-interstitium / Herrera, G.A., Sanders, P.W. -- The mesangium as a target for glomerulopathic light and heavy chains: pathogenic considerations in light and heavy chain-mediated glomerular damage / Keeling, J., Herrera, G.A. -- Immunoglobulin light and heavy chain amyloidosis AL/AH: renal pathology and differential diagnosis / Picken, M.M. -- Diversity and diversification of light chains in myeloma: the specter of amyloidogenesis by proxy / Gu, M., Wilton, R., Stevens, F.J. -- High-dose therapy in patients with plasma cell dyscrasias and renal dysfunction / Pineda-Roman, M., Tricot, G. -- Current and emerging views and treatments of systemic immunoglobulin light-chain (AL) amyloidosis / Comenzo, R.L.
- Kidney in systemic autoimmune diseases. 1st ed. 2007, ScienceDirectThis volume brings together an international group of clinicians and clinical scientists to contribute to a state-of the-art review of the underlying pathogenic mechanisms, methods of clinical assessment, classification and diagnosis of renal disease, combined with a detailed overview of treatment strategies. An essential reference source for all those involved with the care of patients with renal involvement in systemic autoimmune disease, and for those contributing to research into the underlying pathogenic mechanisms in these disorders.
- Kidney research experimental protocols 2009, Springer ProtocolsIsolation and propagation of glomerular mesangial cells / Paolo Mené and Antonella Stoppacciaro -- Isolation and primary culture of human proximal tubule cells / David A. Vesey ... [et al.] -- Propagation and culture of renal fibroblasts / Lauren Grimwood and Rosemary Masterson -- Small animal models of kidney disease : a review / Tim D. Hewitson, Takahiko Ono, and Gavin J. Becker -- Measurement of glomerular filtration rate in conscious mice / Zhonghua Qi and Matthew D. Breyer -- Laser capture microdissection of kidney tissue / Robert P. Woroniecki and Erwin P. Bottinger -- Quantitative gene expression analysis in kidney tissues / Chris Tikellis ... [et al.] -- In vivo imaging of leukocyte recruitment to glomeruli in mice using intravital microscopy / A. Richard Kitching, Michael P. Kuligowski, and Michael J. Hickey -- Using in situ hybridization to localize renal gene expression in tissue sections / Ian A. Darby, Alexis Desmoulière, and Tim D. Hewitson -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal light microscopy / Tim D. Hewitson and Lauren Grimwood -- Immuno and lectin histochemistry for renal electron microscopy / Mitsuru Nakajima -- Pimonidazole adduct immunohistochemistry in the rat kidney : detection of tissue hypoxia / Christian Rosenberger ... [et al.] -- Identification of apoptosis in kidney tissue sections / Glenda Gobe -- Cell-populated floating collagen lattices : an in vitro model of parenchymal contraction / Kristen J. Kelynack -- Mechanical stretch-induced signal transduction in cultured mesangial cells / Joan Krepinsky -- Determination of collagen content, concentration, and sub-types in kidney tissue / Chrishan S. Samuel -- SELDI-TOF mass spectrometry-based protein profiling of kidney tissue / Eleni Giannakis ... [et al.] -- In vivo transfer of small interfering RNA or small hairpin RNA targeting glomeruli / Yoshitsugu Takabatake, Yoshitaka Isaka, and Enyu Imai.
- Ten Things Not to Do / Dianne B. McKay and Steven M. Steinberg -- The Transplant Procedure: Surgical Techniques and Complications / Barry J. Browne -- What Is Transplant Immunology and Why Are Allografts Rejected? / Dianne B. McKay, Ken Park and David Perkins -- What Is Histocompatibility Testing and How Is It Done? / Edgar L. Milford and Indira Guleria -- Kidney Allocation: Role of UNOS and OPOs / Patricia L. Adams, Walter K. Graham and Susan Gunderson -- Live Donors: How to Optimally Protect the Donor / Robert Steiner -- Laparoscopic Donor Nephrectomy: Essentials for the Nephrologist / Arturo Martinez -- New Sources in Living Kidney Donation / Ruthanne L. Hanto, Alvin E. Roth, M. Utku Ünver and Francis L. Delmonico -- What Are Immunosuppressive Medications? How Do They Work? What Are Their Side Effects? / Peter Chung-Wen Chang and Donald E. Hricik -- Optimizing Immunosuppression / Alexander C. Wiseman and James E. Cooper -- Evaluation of Renal Allograft Dysfunction / Robert S. Gaston -- The Kidney Transplant Biopsy / Jose R. Torrealba and Milagros D. Samaniego -- Evaluation of the Kidney Transplant Candidate and Follow-Up of the Listed Patient / Roy D. Bloom and Alden M. Doyle -- The Acute Care of the Transplant Recipient / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Chi T. Pham and Gabriel M. Danovitch -- Post-transplant Cardiovascular Disease / Phuong-Anh T. Pham, Carmen Slavov, Phuong-Thu T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Diabetes Mellitus and Transplantation: Risks for Post-transplant Diabetes / Phuong-Thu T. Pham, Phuong-Mai T. Pham and Alan H. Wilkinson -- Infections in Kidney Transplant Recipients / Carlos A.Q. Santos and Daniel C. Brennan -- Malignancies Before and After Transplantation / Mary B. Prendergast and Roslyn B. Mannon -- Bone Disease in Renal Transplantation / Bradford Lee West, Stuart M. Sprague and Michelle A. Josephson -- Sexuality and Pregnancy Before and After Kidney Transplantation / Martha Pavlakis and Dianne B. McKay -- Socioeconomic Issues and the Transplant Recipient / Mary Beth Callahan and Connie L. Davis -- Adherence to the Immunosuppressive Regimen in Adult and Pediatric Kidney Transplant Recipients / Fabienne Dobbels and Richard N. Fine -- Transitioning Between Pediatric and Adult Clinics / Elizabeth Ingulli.
- Kidney transplantation practical guide to management 2014, Springer"With the increased prevalence of kidney transplantation, transplant recipients are being treated in a variety of clinical settings -- often beyond the transplant center. There is a greater need for clinicians and allied healthcare professionals to have appropriate guidance on managing these patients. Kidney Transplantation offers the latest evidencebased information on the full range of dilemmas in the medical management of kidney transplant recipients before, during and after transplantation. Beginning with the selection of patients who are candidates for transplantation, this authoritative guide covers the care of the patient on the waiting list and evaluation of donors, preoperative care, induction and immunosuppression maintenance. This wealth of new information and guidelines will serve as an important resource for the best possible care for transplant patients."--Publisher's website.
- Kidney transplantation principles and practice. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- With meticulous updates throughout, Kidney Transplantation remains your definitive medical resource for state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of renal transplantation. A multidisciplinary approach from internationally renowned nephrologists from around the world offers practice-applicable guidance for all members of the transplant team. With coverage encompassing applied science, surgical techniques, immunosuppressive methods, outcomes, risks, and medical considerations related to kidney transplantation, both in adults and children, you'll have the balanced information you need to achieve the best possible outcomes. Visualize key concepts and discern nuances of renal transplantation techniques through more than 335 superb illustrations.Access the fully searchable text online anywhere, anytime with Expert Consult online access.
- Renal transplantation / Cardillo, M., et al. -- Kidney transplantation in the hyperimmunized patient / Gloor, J. -- Chronic induction : what's new in the pipeline / Vincenti, F. -- Steroid or calcineurin-inhibitor sparing immunosuppressive protocols / Griny, J.M., Cruzado, J.M. -- Steroid-free lymphocyte depletion protocols : the potential for partial tolerance? / McCauley, J., Starzl, T.E. -- Chronic graft loss : immunological and non-immunological factors / Hernandez-Fuentes, M.P., Lechl, R.I. -- Lymphocyte depletion as a barrier to immunologic tolerance / Neujahr, D., Turka, L.A. -- Monitoring of immunosuppressive therapy in renal transplanted patients / Chiaramonte, S., Dissegna, D., Ronco, C. -- Chronic allograft nephropathy : a multiple approach to target nonimmunological factors / Ruggenenti, P. -- Transplantation tolerance : a complex scenario awaiting clinical applicability / Sayegh, M.H., Perico, N., Remuzzi, G. -- Dendritic cells, tolerance, and therapy of organ allograft rejection / Raimondi, G., Thomson, A.W. -- Natural versus adaptive regulatory T cells / Cassis, L., Aiello, S., Noris, M. -- Reviewing the mechanism of peripheral tolerance in clinical transplantation / Suciu-Foca, N., Cortesini, R. -- The goal of intragraft gene therapy / Tomasoni, S., Benigni, A.
- Kidney-- toxicological assessment 2014, CRCnetBASE"This book bridges the gap between advances in basic biology and chemistry and technological applications in the field of toxicity assessments. 10 chapters describe major areas of progress in the laboratory and clinic. In the first section, the aspects of cellular organelles are discussed. In the second, the basic principles and applications of modern toxicological tools such as transcriptomic, proteomic, and metabolomic approaches are covered. In the third section, the recent developments on molecular modeling and systems biology are described with an eye on the future establishment of virtual cell technology. Finally the clinical implications for the understanding of acute and chronic renal toxicity are studied"--Provided by publisher.
- Kill me first the dangerous side of Alzheimer's Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Killer lymphocytes 2005, Springer
- Kindling. 6 2005, SpringerDevelopmental temporal lobe epilepsy in amygdala kindled kittens: an update -- Prenatal betamethasone exposure suppresses kindling epileptogenesis in immature rats -- Development of kindling in immature fast and slow kindling rats -- Neonatal heat-induced convulsions affect behaviours in neonatal, juvenile and adult rats -- Experimental absence versus amygdaloid kindling -- Pentylenetetrazol-induced kindling as a model of absence and convulsive forms of epilepsy -- Sodium current properties in different models of epilepsy -- Kindling the gabaergic phenotype of the glutamatergic granule cells -- Hippocampal kindling and GABA receptor functions -- Altered interaction between the entorhinal cortex and hippocampus in amygdala kindled rats -- Nature and consequences of seizures originating in the brainstem -- Involvement in the claustrum and ventromedial thalamus in epileptogenesis -- From ultrastructure to networks: kindling-induced changes in neocortex -- Kindling as a tool for studying the role of subcortical structures in limbic seizures -- Kindling, epilepsy, and the plasticity of network synchronization -- Electrophysiological and anatomical differences, behavioral comorbidities and gene expression in fast and slow kindling rat strains -- Gene expression changes in kindling -- A proteomic approach to the molecular analysis of kindling -- Amygdala metabotropic glutamate receptors and kindling -- Induction of B₁ bradykinin receptors in the kindled brain -- Galanin and kindling -- Kindling, neurotrophins and axon-guidance factors -- Conditional deletion of TRKB prevents epileptogenesis in the kindling model -- Neuropeptide Y and its receptors in kindling epileptogenesis -- Contribution of pre kindling affective state to hemispheric differences in the effects on anxiety of basolateral amygdala kindling -- Effects of kindling on spatial memory: characteristics and mechanisms -- A potential role for the hippocampus in the expression of kindling-induced fear -- Does inadvertent conditioning contribute to the major features of kindling? -- Contingent tolerance and cross tolerance to anticonvulsant effects in amygdala-kindled seizures: mechanistic and clinical implications -- Mechanisms of pharmacoresistance in the phenytoin-resistant kindled wistar rat -- Development of new anticonvulsants using the kindling model -- Cannabinoids and kindling -- Low frequency sine wave stimulation decreases the incidence of kindled seizures -- Predisposed susceptibility in primate epileptogenesis and anti-epileptogenesis -- Natural history of mesial temporal lobe epilepsy with hippocampal sclerosis: how does kindling compare with other commonly used animal models -- Clinical evidence of epilepsy-related plasticity -- Pathological sensitization of the dopamine system in experimental epileptogenesis: implication for the mechanism of epileptic psychosis.
- Kinesin protocols Springer Protocols
- Kinetochore from molecular discoveries to cancer therapy 2009, SpringerCentromeres and kinetochores : an historical perspective / Kerry S. Bloom -- The basics of chromosome segregation / Mitsuhiro Yanagida -- The centromere / Beth A. Sullivan -- Neocentromeres / Owen J. Marshall and K.H. Andy Choo -- Human artificial centromeres : de novo assembly of functional centromeres on human artificial chromosomes / Hiroshi Masumoto, Teruaki Okada, and Yasuhide Okamoto -- Kinetochore composition, formation, and organization / Tatsuo Fukagawa and Peter De Wulf -- Evolution of centromeres and kinetochores : a two-part fugue / Paul B. Talbert, Joshua J. Bayes, and Steven Henikoff -- Mitotic spindle assembly mechanisms / Rebecca Heald and Claire E. Walczak -- Kinetochore-microtubule interactions / Lesley Clayton and Tomoyuki U. Tanaka -- Post-translational modifications that regulate kinetochore activity / Chitra V. Kotwaliwale and Sue Biggins -- The role of the kinetochore in spindle checkpoint signaling / P. Todd Stukenberg and Daniel J. Burke -- Kinetochore regulation of anaphase and cytokinesis / Scott Thomas and Kenneth B. Kaplan -- Roles of centromeres and kinetochores in meiosis / Adele L. Marston -- The kinetochore-cancer connection / Takeshi Tomonaga -- The kinetochore as target for cancer drug development / Song-tao Liu and Tim J. Yen.
- King of children the life and death of Janusz Korczak. 1st ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Kinship and demographic behavior in the past 2008, Springer
- KIR gene cluster 2003, NCBI Bookshelf
- Kirk's General surgical operations. 6th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyGeneral Surgical Operations is a highly-praised and comprehensive textbook of operative surgery. It is a practical manual aimed at the surgeon who is about to carry out an operation, rather than just a description of the principles suitable for an examiner. Kirk's General Surgical Operations continues to be aimed at a broad readership: the candidate preparing for the Intercollegiate FRCS in General Surgery or international equivalents; the trained surgeon faced, through necessity, with undertaking an infrequently performed procedure; and the many surgeons working in hospitals throughout the world without access to specialist services. It remains above all a practical text which will guide the surgeon in training, or one unfamiliar with a procedure, on how to perform it, but more importantly on how to manage the uncertainties which so often arise. This is a 'What to do' book. Using it the reader can aspire to gain diagnostic, decision making and operative surgical competence with confidence.
- Kirk-Othmer Encyclopedia of chemical technology 2005-, WileyIncludes risk management, enterprise resource planning, outsourcing, combinatorial synthesis and technology, functional foods, process automation, electronic chemicals, specialty silicones, mergers and acquisitions, nanoparticles, bioinformatics, ISO 14000, micron-scale chemical analysis, medical applications of biodegradable materials, product development, strategies, drug discovery strategies, chemistry of aging, single-site catalysis, custom manufacturing, and global chemical market analysis.
- Kisspeptin signaling in reproductive biology 2013, Springer
- Fulltext (v. 2) BIUMFulltext (v. 3) BIUMFulltext (v. 4) BIUMFulltext (v. 5) BIUMFulltext (v. 6) BIUMFulltext (v. 7) BIUMFulltext (v. 8) BIUMFulltext (v. 9) BIUMFulltext (v. 10) BIUMFulltext (v. 11) BIUMFulltext (v. 12) BIUMFulltext (v. 13) BIUMFulltext (v. 14) BIUMFulltext (v. 15) BIUMFulltext (v. 16) BIUMFulltext (v. 17a) BIUMFulltext (v. 17b) BIUMFulltext (v. 18a) BIUMFulltext (v. 18b) BIUMFulltext (v. 19) BIUMFulltext (v. 20) BIUM
- Klaus & Fanaroff's Care of the high-risk neonate. 6th ed. 2013, ClinicalKeyThis neonatology reference thoroughly covers the new guidelines, equipment, drugs, and treatments that have greatly increased the chance of survival for high-risk infants. Expert contributors deliver the information you need to stay on top of the technological and medical advances in this challenging field. New to this edition: Get fast access to need-to-know information on drugs used in the NICU, normal values, and much more in the fully updated appendices. Keep your knowledge up to date with expanded coverage of evidence-based medicine and the role of networks in generating evidence. Stay current with all aspects of neonatal care, including resuscitation, transport, nutrition, respiratory problems and assisted ventilation, and organ-specific care.
- Kline and Hudson's Nerve injuries operative results for major nerve injuries, entrapments and tumors. 2nd ed. 2008, ClinicalKey
- Knee arthroplasty. 3rd ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Knee arthroscopy 2009, SpringerKnee arthroscopy : technique and normal anatomy / Anthony Schena and Glen Ross -- Partial meniscectomy / Laurie M. Katz and Paul P. Weitzel -- Meniscus repair and future directions / Michael J. Angel, Jordan Kerker, and Nicholas Sgaglione -- Meniscal allograft transplantation / David M. Junkin, Jr., Jayesh K. Patel, and Darren L. Johnson -- Arthroscopic treatment of the osteoarthritic knee / Carl T. Talmo and James V. Bono -- Current concepts in articular cartilage / Brian P. McKeon -- Patellofemoral disorders / Jeffrey T. Spang and John P. Fulkerson -- Surgical management of anterior cruciate ligament injuries / Mark E. Steiner -- Posterior cruciate ligament and posterolateral corner reconstruction / Gregory C. Fanelli ... [et al.] -- Arthrofibrosis and synovial lesions of the knee / John C. Richmond and Iván Encalada-Diaz -- Arthroscopic treatment of knee fractures / S.L. Mortimer and Robert Hunter.
- Knee joint arthroplasty 2014, SpringerThis book presents up-to-date knowledge on all aspects of total knee joint arthroplasty (TKA). It opens by considering indications for TKA and implant selection, covering basic science, design, and prosthetic materials. The basic and advanced operative procedures, along with theoretical background, are then described in detail for both primary and revision surgery. The operative techniques for TKA in specific and complex conditions are included. Complications of TKA and their treatment are also discussed, and clear guidance is provided on postoperative management and patient education. The author introduces his personal surgical tips and opinions on controversial issues based on his experience of TKA in some 6,000 cases. Numerous helpful illustrations and radiographs from the author's caseload are presented to assist readers in carrying out the described procedures.
- Knee joint surgical techniques and strategies 2012, SpringerPushed by the progress of biology, technology and biomechanics, knee surgery has dramatically evolved in the last decades. This book is a "state of the art" concerning all aspects of knee surgery from ligament reconstruction to Total Knee Arthroplasty. An international panel of renowned authors have worked on this didactic fully illustrated book. It will help young surgeons to understand basic sciences and modern sugical techniques. The experienced surgeon will find help to deal with difficult cases and clarifications in recent technologic advances such as cartilage surgery, navigation and mini invasive surgery.
- Knee ligament injuries extraarticular surgical techniques 2014, SpringerKnee ligament injuries are very common and are frequently sports related, although they may arise from trauma experienced during everyday activities. This book provides in-depth descriptions of the extra articular surgical techniques that may be employed when performing ligament reconstruction in patients with injuries involving the posterolateral and posteromedial corners of the knee. It is intended as a practical, how to manual that will be of value for both the trainee and the more experienced surgeon. Many of the techniques relate to the central pivot of the knee, i.e. the anterior and posterior cruciate ligaments. For each technique, indications, presurgical planning, postsurgical follow-up and complications are discussed in addition to the surgical details. Numerous tips and pearls are provided and the techniques are clearly depicted in informative high-quality illustrations.
- Knee surgery using computer assisted surgery and robotics 2013, SpringerThis book discusses the full range of current applications of computer-assisted surgery and robotics in the field of knee surgery, and also considers potential future applications. The impact of computer-assisted surgery on a wide range of surgical procedures is clearly explained. Procedures considered include total knee arthroplasty, unicompartmental knee arthroplasty, cruciate ligament reconstruction, patellofemoral arthroplasty, and revision surgery. In each case, technical aspects are thoroughly addressed in a readily understandable manner. Knee Surgery Using Computer-Assisted Surgery and Robotics will be an ideal guide to this exciting field for both novice and more experienced surgeons who treat knee injuries and disorders.
- Knife man : blood, body snatching, and the birth of modern surgery Lane Catalog recordPrint Material1. The Coach Driver's Knee -- 2: The Dead Man's Arm -- 3. The Stout Man's Muscles -- 4. The Pregnant Woman's Womb -- 5. The Professor's Testicle -- 6. The Lizard's Tails -- 7. The Chimney Sweep's Teeth -- 8. The Debutante's Spots -- 9. The Surgeon's Penis -- 10. The Kangaroo's Skull -- 11. The Electric Eel's Peculiar Organs --12. The Chaplain's Neck -- 13.The Giant's Bones -- 14. The Poet's Foot -- 15. The Monkey's Skull -- 16. The Anatomist's Heart.
- Knobil and Neill's Physiology of reproduction. 3rd ed. 2006, ScienceDirectv. 1. Gametes, fertilization and embryogenesis -- Female reproductive system -- Male reproductive system -- Pituitary and hypothalamus -- v. 2. Reproductive behavior and its control -- Reproductive processes and their control -- Pregnancy -- Lactation.
- Knocking on heaven's door the path to a better way of death. First Scribner hardcover edition. [1st Scribner hardcover ed.] Lane Catalog recordPrint Material"An exquisitely written, expertly reported memoir and expose; of modern medicine that leads the way to more humane, less invasive end-of-life care based on the author's acclaimed New York Times Magazine piece. This is the story of one daughter's struggle to allow her parents the peaceful, natural deaths they wanted and to investigate the larger forces in medicine that stood in the way. When doctors refused to disable the pacemaker that caused her eighty-four-year-old father's heart to outlive his brain, Katy Butler, an award-winning science writer, embarked on a quest to understand why modern medicine was depriving him of a humane, timely death. After his lingering death, Katy's mother, nearly broken by years of nonstop caregiving, defied her doctors, refused open-heart surgery, and insisted on facing death the old-fashioned way: bravely, lucidly, and head on. Against this backdrop of familial love, wrenching moral choices, and redemption, Knocking on Heaven's Door celebrates the inventors of the 1950s who cobbled together lifesaving machines like the pacemaker and it exposes the tangled marriage of technology, medicine, and commerce that gave us a modern way of death: more painful, expensive, and prolonged than ever before. Caring for declining parents is a reality facing millions who may someday tell a doctor: "Let my parent go." A riveting exploration of the forgotten art of dying, Knocking on Heaven's Door empowers readers to create new rites of passage to the "Good Deaths" our ancestors so prized. Like Jessica Mitford's The American Way of Death and How We Die by Sherwin Nuland, it is sure to cause controversy and open minds"-- Provided by publisher.
- Know-how of face transplantation 2011, SpringerPreclinical aspects of face transplantation -- Clinical aspects in preparation for face transplantation -- Monitoring aspects of face transplantation -- Approval process of face transplantation -- Societal, financial, and public relations issues in face transplantation -- World experience with face tranplantation -- Future directions in face transplantation -- Current status of face transplantation.
- Knowledge coordination 2003, Wileych. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. Knowledge -- ch. 3. Agents -- ch. 4. Ontologies -- ch. 5. Capabilities.
- Knowledge discovery in proteomics 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Print MaterialIntroduction : of cholera, quacks, and competing medical visions -- Choleric confusion -- The formation of the AMA, the creation of quacks -- The intellectual politics of filth -- Cholera becomes a microbe -- Capturing cholera, and epistemic authority, in the laboratory -- Conclusion : Medicine after the time of cholera.
- Knowledge management for health care procedures from knowledge to global care, AIME 2007 Workshop K4CARE 2007, Amsterdam, The Netherlands, July 7, 2007 : revised selected papers 2008, SpringerHealth care knowledge management: Healthcare Knowledge nmanagement : the art of the possible / Syed Sibte Raza Abidi -- Health care knowledge elicitation -- Health care knowledge transformation -- Health care knowledge-based intelligent systems.
- Knowledge management in action IFIP 20th World Computer Congress, Conference on Knowledge Management in Action, September 7-10, 2008, Milano, Italy 2008, Springer
- Knowledge management in public health 2010, CRCnetBASEThe quick basics of knowledge management / Jay Liebowitz -- Knowledge management and public health : a winning combination / Jay Liebowitz, Richard A. Schieber, and Joanne D. Andreadis -- Extending cross-generational knowledge flow research in edge organizations / Jay Liebowitz and Emil Ivanov -- Knowledge retention trends and strategies for knowledge workers and organizations / Masud Cader and Jay Liebowitz -- Examples of knowledge management in public health / Angela M. Fix, Sterling Elliott, and Irene Stephens -- Building knowledge management in an international health NGO / Richard Iams and Patricia Ringers -- Trying to revive an anemic system : a case study from USAID's Nutrition Division / Laura Birx -- Formulating KM strategies at the local level : a new approach to knowledge sharing in large public health organizations / Richard Van West-Charles and Arthur J. Murray -- Knowledge management : a mechanism for promoting evidence-informed public health decision making / Maureen Dobbins ... [et al.] -- myPublicHealth : utilizing knowledge management to improve public health practice and decision making / Debra Revere ... [et al.] -- Connections : sharing experience to advance public health practice / Ellen Wild and Debra Bara -- The association of public health laboratories : from surveys toward knowledge management, a voyage to Cythera / Robert Rej and Neha Desai.
- Knowledge management: learning from knowledge engineering 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Knowledge-based systems techniques and applications 2000, ScienceDirectv. 1. Implementation -- v. 2. Optimization -- v. 3. Computer techniques -- v. 4. Systems and applications.
- Köhler's invention 2005, Springer
- Koneman's Color atlas and textbook of diagnostic microbiology. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialIntroduction to microbiology: part I : the role of the microbiology laboratory in the diagnosis of infectious diseases : guidelines to practice and management -- Introduction to microbiology: part II : guidelins for the collection, transport, processing, analysis, and reporting of cultures from specific specimen sources -- Laboratory diagnosis by immunologic methods -- Molecular microbiology -- Medical bacteriology: taxonomy, morphology, physiology, and virulence -- The enterobacteriaceae -- The nonfermentative gram-negative bacilli -- Curved gram-negative bacilli and oxidase-positive fermenters: campylobacteraceae and vibrionaceae -- Miscellaneous fastidious gram-negative bacilli -- Legionella -- Neisseria species and moraxella catarrhalis -- Gram-positive cocci: part I : staphylococci and related gram-positive cocci -- Gram-positive cocci: part II : streptococci, enterococci, and the "streptococcus-like" bacteria -- Aerobic and facultative gram-positive bacilli -- Aerobic actinomycetes -- The anaerobic bacteria -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing -- Mycoplasmas and ureaplasmas -- Mycobacteria -- Spirochetal infections -- Mycology -- Parasitology -- Diagnosis of infections caused by viruses, chlamydia, rickettsia, and related organisms.
- Kore on sickness, the sick, and the search for the soul of medicine Lane Catalog recordPrint Material"... Szczeklik writes with the grace of a poet and the ease of a fine storyteller. Anecdotes drawn from a personal immersion in art, music, and literature are woven with reports on experimental medicine and daily clinical experience. From DNA and the re-creation of the Spanish Flu virus, to contemporary research in genetics, cancer, neurology, and the AIDS virus, from "Symptoms and Shadows," to "Dying and Death," to "Enchantment of Love," every chapter of this book is alive and engaging. The result is a life-affirming work of science, philosophy, art, and spirituality"--Excerpted from notes supplied by publisher.
- Koss' Diagnostic cytology and its histopathologic bases. 5th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint MaterialDiagnostic cytology: its origins and principles -- The basic structure of the mammalian cell -- How cells function: fundamental concepts of molecular biology -- Principles of cytogenetics -- Recognizing and classifying cells -- Morphologic response of cells to injury -- Fundamental concepts of neoplasia: benign tumors and cancer -- The normal female genital tract -- Cytologic evaluation of menstrual disorders and hormonal abnormalities -- Benign disorders of the uterine cervix and vagina -- Squamous carcinoma of the uterine cervix and its precursors -- Adenocarcinoma and related tumors of the uterine cervix -- Proliferative disorders and carcinoma of the endometrium -- Diseases of the vagina, vulva, perineum, and anus -- Tumors of the ovary and fallopian tube -- Pertioneal washings or lavage in cancers of the female genital tract -- Rare and unusual disorders of the female genital tract -- Effects of therapeutic procedures on the epithelia of the female genital tract -- The lower respiratory tract in the absence of cancer: conventional and aspiration cytology -- Tumors of the lung: conventional cytology and aspiration biopsy -- Epithelial lesions of the oral cavity, larynx, trachea, nasopharynx, and paranasal sinuses -- The lower urinary tract in the absence of cancer -- Tumors of the urinary tract in urine and brushings -- The gastrointestinal tract -- Effusions in the absence of cancer -- Effusions in the presence of cancer -- Cerebrospinal and miscellaneous fluids -- Techniques of fine-needle aspiration, smear preparation, and principles of interpretation -- The breast -- The thyroid, parathyroid, and neck masses other than lymph nodes -- Lymph nodes -- Salivary glands -- The prostate and the testis -- The skin -- Soft tissue lesions -- Bone tumors -- The mediastinum -- The liver and spleen -- The pancreas -- The kidneys, adrenals, and retroperitoneum -- The eyelids, orbit, and eye -- The central nervous system -- Circulating cancer cells -- Laboratory techniques -- Immunochemistry and molecular biology in cytological diagnosis -- Digital analysis of cells and tissues -- Flow cytometry.
- Indication, Collection, and Laboratory Processing of Cytologic Samples -- The Cellular and Acellular Components of the Urinary Sediment -- The Cytologic Makeup of the Urinary Sediment According to the Collection Technique -- Cytologic Manifestations of Benign Disorders Affecting Cells of the Lower Urinary Tract -- Tumors and Related Conditions of the Bladder and Lower Urinary Tract -- Urine-Based Assays Complementing Cytologic Examination in the Detection of Urothelial Neoplasm.
- Krause's Food & nutrition therapy. 12th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Kryger's Sleep medicine review a problem-oriented approach 2011, ClinicalKeySection 1. Normal sleep and its variants -- section 2. Physiology -- section 3. Sleep evaluation -- section 4. Pharmacology -- section 5. Circadian rhythm disorders -- section 6. Insomnia -- section 7. Hypersomnia -- section 8. Parasomnias -- section 9. Movement disorders -- section 10. Sleep-related breathing disorders -- section 11. Sleep in other disorders -- section 12. Considerations unique to childhood.
- Kuby Immunology. 6th ed. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Kuerer's Breast surgical oncology 2010, AccessSurgery"Written by an internationally recognized multidisciplinary team of authors, Kuerer's Breast Surgical Oncology is the first text specifically dedicated to breast surgical oncology. ... Kuerer's examines all clinically relevant knowledge in the field, from the pathology of the breast and clinical management, to follow-up and complications following diagnosis and therapy. The book also focuses on the next wave of molecular studies that represent the future of the discipline."--BOOK JACKET.
- Kumar & Clark's Clinical medicine. 8th ed. 2012, ClinicalKeyNew to this edition: New chapter on palliative medicine. Five times the number of margin clinical photos. New echocardiography images. Double the number of dermatological images; including all the major lesion morphologies covered in a single page. 16 new authors. New sections on protein synthesis, energy production and stem cells. New members of the International Advisory Board from India, South Africa, Poland and the Middle East. 7 new chapters from the International Advisory Board. Animated practical procedures, including lumbar puncture, central venous and bladder catheterization, arterial cannulation etc.
- Kumar and Clark's Cases in clinical medicine. Third edition. [3rd ed.] 2013, ClinicalKey1. Infectious Diseases -- 2. Sexually Transmitted Infections -- 3. Nutrition -- 4. Gastroenterology -- 5. Liver and Bilary Tract Disorders -- 6. Haematology and Oncology -- 7. Care of the Elderly -- 8. Rheumatology -- 9. Kidney and Urinary Tract Disease -- 10. Cardiology -- 11. Respiratory Disorders -- 12. ITU -- 13. Poisoning -- 14. Endocrinology and Diabetes -- 15. Neurology -- 16. Psychiatry -- 17. Dermatology.
- The KEGG database is designed to facilitate understanding of higher-order protein and cellular functions (e.g., metabolic networks) using genomic and molecular information.
all 101 "K" titles
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Can't find it?
Look if we have it in print
- Springer Protocols
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Largest, broadest eBook package; covers all sciences, as well as technology (including software), medicine, and humanities. In addition to covering Wiley and Springer, MyiLibrary is also the only provider for Oxford and Cambridge University Press titles. No seat restrictions.Large number of high quality software and database programming titles from O'Reilly. Other software titles are also available from Sams and Prentice Hall. Limited to 7 concurrent users.Vast collection of software and database programming titles from multiple publishers, including Microsoft Press.Largest provider of engineering-related eBooks; includes titles in computer science and biomedical engineering.Over 4,000 full-text e-books covering scientific and technical information from CRC Press and others. Many handbooks and single volume reference sources.A repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.Includes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.Contains full text access to selected biomedical and nursing books.Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.ClinicalKey provides access to textbooks, electronic journals, practice guidelines, drug information, and patient education handouts.A collection of biomedical books that can be searched directly by concept, and linked to terms in PubMed abstracts.Provides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics and astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.Collection of over 8 thousand fulltext titles in engineering, math, and basic and applied biomedical research. Coverage is from 1967 to the present.A library of ebooks on a wide array of topics, digitized and made available online in conjunction with the original publishers.