- e-EROS, Encyclopedia of reagents for ...
- — Emotions as bio-cultural processes .....
- Emperor of all maladies. 1st Scribner...
- — Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part D...
- Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part F...
- — Ethical choices. 2nd ed. ...............
- Ethical conduct of clinical research ...
- — Eye. 3rd ed. ...........................
- Print Material"Of blacke cholor, without boyling" -- An impatient war -- "Will you turn me out if I can't get better?" -- Prevention is the cure -- "A distorted version of our normal selves" -- The fruits of long endeavors -- Atossa's war.
- Empirical likelihood 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Empirical methods for evaluating educational interventions 2005, ScienceDirect
- Employer health benefits 2010, Kais Fam Found"This annual survey of employers provides a detailed look at trends in employer-sponsored health coverage, including premiums, employee contributions, cost-sharing provisions, and other relevant information. The survey continued to document the prevalence of high-deductible health plans associated with a savings option and included questions on wellness benefits and health risk assessments. The 2010 survey included 3,143 randomly selected public and private firms with three or more employees (2,046 of which responded to the full survey and 1,097 of which responded to an additional question about offering coverage). Researchers at the Kaiser Family Foundation, the National Opinion Research Center at the University of Chicago, and Health Research & Educational Trust designed and analyzed the survey"--Website.
- EMT. 3rd ed. 2004Print Material
- Emulsions and emulsion stability. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Encapsulated and powdered foods 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Encyclopaedia of the history of science, technology, and medicine in non-western cultures. 2nd ed. 2008, Springerv. 1. A-K -- v. 2. L-Z.
- Encyclopedia of aging and public health 2008, SpringerFoundation topics. Biology of aging / Teresa Dolinar. The history and demography of aging in the United States / Gail E. Souare, Linda S. Lloyd. Cultural diversity among elders in the US : meeting the challenge of the ethnogeriatric imperative / Gwen Yeo. Legal aspects of aging / Janet L. Lowder ... [et al.] The participation of cognitivelly impaired elderly in research / Sana Loue -- Topics in aging and public health.
- Print Materialv. 1. A-K -- v. 2. L-Z.
- Encyclopedia of algorithms 2007, Springer
- Encyclopedia of behavioral medicine 2013, Springer
- Encyclopedia of behavioral neuroscience 2010, ScienceDirectSubject Classification: -- Addiction -- Animal Models of Behavior -- Behavioral Genetics -- Brain Aging -- Brain Structure and Function -- Cognitive Neuroscience -- Disease and Dysfunction -- Developmental Biology -- Emotion and Emotional Behavior -- Ethology and Neuroethology -- Evolution and Comparative Biology -- History -- Language and Communication -- Learning and Memory -- Molecular Neurobiology -- Motivation and Reward -- Motor Systems and Motor Control -- Neuroplasticity -- Psychoneuroendocrinology -- Reproductive , Parental and Sexual behavior -- Sensation and Perception -- Sleeping, Waking and Arousal -- Social Behavior/Cognition -- Stress.
- Encyclopedia of bioethics. 3rd ed. 2004, Gale Virtual Ref Lib
- Encyclopedia of biostatistics. 2nd ed. 2005-, WileyThe Encyclopedia of Biostatistics, 2nd Edition offers a reference to support the development and use of statistical methods for addressing the problems and critical issues that confront scientists, practitioners and policy makers engaged in the life and medical sciences.
- Encyclopedia of cancer. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- Encyclopedia of cancer. 3rd ed. 2012, SpringerV. 1. A-B -- v. 2. C -- v. 3. D-G -- v. 4. H-L -- v. 5. M-O -- v. 6. P-R -- v. 7. S-Z.
- Encyclopedia of child behavior and development 2011, Springer[Publisher-supplied data] This major reference work will break new ground as an electronic resource for students, educators, researchers and professionals. Encyclopedic in breath Child Behavior and Development will serve as a reference repository of knowledge in the field as well as a frequently updated conduit of new knowledge long before such information trickles down from research to standard textbooks. Child Behavior and Development will consist of three volumes divided by the major conceptual areas of child development: Learning, Behavior, and Emotions. Taking advantage of the techniques offered by the electronic medium, Child Behavior and Development will offer an extensive cross referencing system facilitating search and retrieval of information.
- Encyclopedia of chromatography. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Encyclopedia of clinical neuropsychology 2011, Springerv. 1. A-C -- v. 2. D-K -- v. 3. L-P -- v. 4. Q-Z.
- Encyclopedia of computational chemistry 1998, Wiley
- Encyclopedia of data warehousing and mining 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.v. 2 books24x7"The Encyclopedia of Data Warehousing and Mining provides a comprehensive, critical and descriptive examination of concepts, issues, trends, and challenges in this rapidly expanding field of data warehousing and mining (DWM). This encyclopedia consists of more than 350 contributors from 32 countries"--Provided by the publisher.
- Encyclopedia of database technologies and applications 2006, books24x7, SUNet ID login required.
- Encyclopedia of diagnostic imaging 2008, Springerv. 1. A-K -- v. 2. L-Z.
- Encyclopedia of foods 2002, ScienceDirectThe definitive resource for what to eat for maximum health, as detailed by medical and nutritional experts, "Encyclopedia of Foods" makes the connection between health, disease, and the food people eat.
- v. 1. Genetics -- v. 2. Genetics -- v. 3. Genomics -- v. 4. Genomics -- v. 5. Proteomics -- v. 6. Proteomics -- v. 7. Bioinformatics -- v. 8. Bioinformatics.
- v. 1. A-L -- v. 2. M-Z.
- Encyclopedia of gerontology. 2nd ed. v. 1-2, 2007.Print Material
- Encyclopedia of heart diseases 2006, ScienceDirectAging and the heart -- Alcohol and the heart -- Altitude and pulmonary edema -- Anatomy of the heart and circulation -- Anderson-Fabry disease -- Anemia and the heart -- Aneurysm -- Angina -- Angioplasty/coronary balloon -- Angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors/angiotensin receptor blockers -- Antihistamines -- Antioxidants -- Antiphospholipid antibody syndrome -- Antiplatelet agents -- Arginine and the heart -- Arrhythmias/palpitations -- Arteriosclerosis -- Artificial heart -- Aspirin for heart disease -- Atherosclerosis/atheroma -- Athletes and sudden cardiac death -- Atrial fibrillation -- Atrial septal defect -- B-type natriuretic peptide -- Beriberi heart disease -- Beta-blockers -- Blood clots -- Blood pressure -- Brugada syndrome -- Bundle branch block -- Caffeine and the heart -- Calcium antagonists -- Carcinoid heart disease -- Cardiogenic shock -- Cardiomyopathy -- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) -- Chagas disease -- Chelation and heart disease -- Chemotherapy-induced heart disease -- Cholesterol -- Coenzyme Q10 -- Congenital heart disease -- Contraception and cardiovascular disease -- Coronary artery bypass surgery -- C-reactive protein and the heart -- Cytochrome P-450 -- Deep vein thrombosis -- Depression and the heart -- Diabetes and cardiovascular disease -- Diets and heart disease -- Diuretics -- Down syndrome -- Dyslipidemia -- Echocardiography -- Effects of smoking and heart disease -- Electrocardiography -- Embryology -- Endocarditis -- Endocrine disorders and the heart -- Erectile dysfunction and the heart -- Exercise and the heart -- Gene therapy -- Heart attacks -- Heart failure -- Hemochromatosis -- Herbal, dietary supplements, and cardiovascular disease -- HIV and the heart -- Homocysteine and cardiovascular disease -- Hypertension -- Hypertrophy of the heart -- Kawasaki heart disease -- Miscellaneous disorders -- Murmurs and heart disease -- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs -- Obesity and heart disease -- Pacemakers -- Patent foramen ovale -- Pericarditis and myocarditis -- Pulmonary arterial hypertension -- Pulmonary embolism -- Race and cardiovascular disease -- Sleep and the heart -- Stents -- Stress and heart disease -- Stroke/cerebrovascular accident -- Syncope -- Tests for heart diseases -- Thyroid heart disease -- Valve diseases -- Ventricular fibrillation -- Women and heart disease.
- Encyclopedia of heart diseases. 2nd ed. 2011, Springer
- Encyclopedia of imaging science and technology 2002, Wiley
- Encyclopedia of immigrant health 2012, SpringerPart 1. Immigrant Health Overview Chapters -- Immigration in the Global Context / Bettina Rausa, Linda S. Lloyd -- Immigration Processes and Health in the U.S.: A Brief History / Sana Loue -- Alternative and Complementary Medicine / Brenda L. Lovell, Jamileh Daneshnia, Christopher J. Fries -- Culture-Specific Diagnoses / Delaney Smith, Tara Mayes, Riley Smith -- Health Determinants / M. David Low, Barbara J. Low -- Occupational and Environmental Health / Doug Brugge, C. Eduardo Siqueira -- Methodological Issues in Immigrant Health Research / Patrick J. M. Murphy, Irin Rachel Allen , Mo-Kyung Sin -- Ethical Issues in Research with Immigrants and Refugees / Sana Loue -- Ethical Issues in the Clinical Context / Beatrice Gabriela Ioan -- Part 2. Immigrant Health Topics A-Z.
- Encyclopedia of information systems 2003, ScienceDirect
- Encyclopedia of intensive care medicine 2012, Springer"The aim of this comprehensive encyclopedia is to provide detailed information on intensive care medicine contributing to the broad field of emergency medicine. Entries A - Z covering the following disciplines: neurologic problems, respiratory disorders, cardiovascular disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, nutrition therapy, metabolic disorders, renal disorders, infectious diseases, hematologic disorders, special populations, emergency medicine, trauma, ICU procedures, special issues."--Publisher.
- A fully searchable, working editorial site of articles by scientists and scientific historians in the fields of biochemistry and physiology, cell biology, developmental biology, ecology, evolution, genetics, immunology, molecular biology, neuroscience, microbiology and virology, plant science, structural biology, and science and society.
- Encyclopedia of microbiology. 3rd ed. 2009, ScienceDirectSubject Classification: -- Applied Microbiology: Agro/Food -- Applied Microbiology: Industrial -- Archaea -- Bacteria -- Cell Structure Chemical Composition -- Environmental Microbiology and Ecology -- Evolution and Systematics -- Fungi -- Genetics, Genomics -- History and Culture, (and Biographies) -- Mutualism and Commensalism -- Pathogenesis -- Physiology -- Protists -- Public Issues -- Techniques -- Viruses.
- Encyclopedia of molecular mechanisms of disease 2009, Springer
- Encyclopedia of neuroscience 2009, ScienceDirect"Explores all areas of the discipline in its focused entries on a wide variety of topics in neurology, psychiatry and other related areas of neuroscience"--About page.
- Encyclopedia of neuroscience 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Encyclopedia of otolaryngology, head and neck surgery 2013, SpringerGeneral Otolaryngology -- Pediatric Otolaryngology -- Head and Neck Surgery -- Otology-Neurotology -- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Encyclopedia of pain 2007, Springerv. 1. A-G -- v. 2. H-O -- v. 3. P-Z.
- Encyclopedia of parasitology. 3rd ed. 2008, Springerv. 1. A-M -- v. 2. N-Z.
- Encyclopedia of psychology and religion 2010, Springer
- Encyclopedia of psychopharmacology 2010, Springer
- Encyclopedia of public health 2008, Springer
- Encyclopedia of radiation oncology 2013, Springer
- Encyclopedia of signaling molecules 2012, SpringerVolume 1. 0-9-F -- volume 2. G-O -- volume 3. P-Z.
- Encyclopedia of smart materials 2002, WileyIncludes biomedical and health applications, biomedical sensing, cure and health monitoring, drug deliversy systems, health monitoring using wave dynamics, polymers, biotechnology and medical applications.
- Reference tool covering statistics, probability theory, biostatistics, quality control, and economics with emphasis in applications of statistical methods in sociology, engineering, computer science, biomedicine, psychology, survey methodology, and other client disciplines.
- Encyclopedia of traditional Chinese medicines 2011, Springerv. 1. Isolated compounds A-C -- v. 2. Isolated compunds D-G -- v. 3. Isolated compunds H-M -- v. 4. Isolated compunds N-S -- v. 4. Isolated compunds N-S -- v. 5. Isolated compunds T-Z, references, TCM plants and congeners -- v. 6. Indexes.
- v. 1. A-L -- v. 2. M-Z.
- Encyclopedic reference of immunotoxicology 2005, Springer
- End of illness [in process] 2012, Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material"From one of the world's foremost physicians and researchers, a monumental work that radically redefines our conventional conceptions of health and illness to offer new methods for living a long, healthy life. After considering the discoveries that have led to progress in treating some diseases, Dr. David B. Agus asked an essential question: Why aren't we better at curing illnesses like cancer? Based on his groundbreaking research and the clinical trials he has conducted at the nation's leading medical centers, he came to the realization that we've been approaching medicine from a faulty perspective, and the best way to prevent and combat maladies like cancer, heart disease, autoimmune disorders, and neurodegeneration is to first embrace a totally new view of the human body. What Is Health? asks readers to reconsider everything they think they know about health--and give up believing many myths that may actually be causing them harm and decreasing longevity. These myths revolve around a spectrum of misconceptions, from the benefits of vitamins and supplements to the role of DNA in one's fate. In attempting to reduce our understanding of ailments to a mutation, germ, or deficiency, Dr. Agus proves we have forgotten that the body is a complex system. He presents a systemic picture of the body's vast mechanisms that drive it either toward or away from sickness, empowering readers to take charge of their individual health in very personal, customized ways they've never imagined before. Along the way, Dr. Agus offers insights and access to breathtaking and powerful new technologies that promise to transform medicine in our generation. He also shows that there is no "right" answer in health decisions. This is a radically different approach that will not only change how we care for ourselves, but also how we develop the next generation of treatments and cures. What Is Health? represents a dramatic departure from orthodox thinking that promises to revolutionize our quest for long, healthy lives"-- Provided by publisher.
- End of life care in neurological disease 2013, Springer
- End of medicine 2006Print MaterialChapter 13. Meeting Gary Glazer.
- End-of-life communication in the ICU 2008, SpringerIntroduction -- Chapter 1. Multinational Perspectives on End-of-Life Issues in the Intensive Care Unit -- The United States -- Canada -- New Zealand -- United Kingdom -- Communicating to family: the Israeli perspective -- Maria and the good death: the Latin American view -- The Greek perspective -- The South African perspective -- A perspective from India -- Japan -- Chapter 2. Critical Illness and End-of-Life Issues: A Global View -- An evaluation of international medical ethics at the end of life -- Communication in the Intensive Care Unit -- End-of Life issues in the critically ill: a global perspective -- Chapter 3. Death in a Lonely Place: Pathophysiology of the Dying Patient -- Chapter 4. The History of the Definition(s) of Death: From the 18th Century to the 20th Century -- Chapter 5. What It Feels Like to Live and Die on Prolonged Life Support -- Chapter 6. Who's in Charge in the Intensive Care Unit? -- Chapter 7. Dealing with Difficult Surrogates -- Erring on the side of autonomy -- Erring on the side of reason -- Healthcare providers' contribution to the problem of futility -- Chapter 8. Emotions in the Intensive Care Unit -- Chapter 9. The Role of Ethics Committees in End-of-Life Care -- Chapter 10. Medical Liability Issues in Dealing with Critical Care Patients in the End-of-Life Situation -- Chapter 11. End-of-Life Issues and United States Politics -- Chapter 12. Comments from Ancillary Healthcare Providers -- My experiences with end-of-life as a bedside-nurse -- A Chaplain's perspective -- Pharmacotherapy considerations during end-of-life care of critically ill adults -- Chapter 13. The Intensive Care Unit of the Future -- Afterword.
- Print Material
- Endemic cretinism 2011, Springer
- Endobronchial ultrasound 2009, Springer
- Endocannabinoids 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Endocarditis 2006, Springer
- Endocrine and metabolic disorders. 4th ed. 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Print Material
- Endocrine disruption modeling 2009, CRCnetBASEIn silico methods for modeling endocrine disruption / James Devillers -- Mechanisms of endocrine disruptions : a tentative overview / Jean-Marc Porcher, James Devillers, and Nathalie Marchand-Geneste -- Population dynamics modeling : a tool for environmental risk assessment of endocrine disrupting chemicals / Andrew R. Brown ... [et al.] -- Application of pharmacokinetic modeling to understand the mechanism of action of endocrine disrupting chemicals / James Devillers -- Comparative modeling review of nuclear hormone receptor superfamily / Nathalie Marchand-Geneste and James Devillers -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) Endocrine Disruptor Knowledge Base (EDKB) : lessons learned in QSAR modeling and applications / Hong Fang ... [et al.] -- A structure-activity relationship (SAR) analysis for the identification of environmental estrogens : the categorical-SAR (cat-SAR) approach / Albert R. Cunningham ... [et al.] --Kohonen and counterpropagation neural networks employed for modeling endocrine disruptors / Marjana Novič and Marjan Vračko -- Quantitative spectrometric data-activity relationships (QSDAR) models of endocrine disruptor binding activities / Richard D. Beger, Dan A. Buzatu, and Jon G. Wilkes -- Mechanism-based modeling of estrogen receptor binding affinity : a Common Reactivity Pattern (COREPA) implementation / Ovanes Mekenyan and Rossitsa Serafimova -- Molecular field analysis methods for modeling endocrine disruptors / Jean-Pierre Doucet and Annick Panaye -- Structure-activity modeling of a diverse set of androgen receptor ligands / James Devillers ... [et al.] -- SAR and QSAR analyses of substituted dibenzoylhydrazines for their mode of action as ecdysone agonists / Toshio Fujita and Yoshiaki Nakagawa -- e-Endocrine disrupting chemical databases for deriving SAR and QSAR models / Nathalie Marchand-Geneste ... [et al.].
- Endocrine disruptors and puberty 2012, Springer1. Introduction to Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis and Andrea C. Gore -- pt. I. EDCs, Endocrine Systems, and Puberty -- 2. In Utero Exposure to Environmental Chemicals: Lessons from Maternal Cigarette Smoking and Its Effects on Gonad Development and Puberty / Rebecca McKinlay, Peter O'Shaughnessey, Richard M. Sharpe, and Paul A. Fowler -- 3. Reproductive Neuroendocrine Targets of Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors / Sarah M. Dickerson, Stephanie L. Cunningham, and Andrea C. Gore -- 4. Endocrine Disruptors and Puberty Disorders from Mice to Men (and Women) / Alberto Mantovani -- 5. Thyroid Hormone Regulation of Mammalian Reproductive Development and the Potential Impact of Endocrine-Disrupting Chemicals / Kara Renee Thoemke, Thomas William Bastian, and Grant Wesley Anderson -- pt. II. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and adverse reproductive outcomes -- 6. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Ovarian Function / Evanthia Diamanti-Kandarakis, Eleni Palioura, Eleni A. Kandaraki -- 7. Developmental Exposure to Environmental Endocrine Disruptors and Adverse Effects on Mammary Gland Development / Suzanne E. Fenton, Lydia M. Beck, Aditi R. Borde, and Jennifer L. Rayner -- 8. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Male Urogenital Tract Malformations / Mariana F. Fernandez and Nicolas Olea -- 9. EDC Exposures and the Development of Reproductive and Nonreproductive Behaviors / Craige C. Wrenn, Ashwini Mallappa, and Amy B. Wisniewski -- pt. III. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disruptors and Metabolic Disorders -- 10. Adipocytes as Target Cells for Endocrine Disruption / Amanda Janesick and Bruce Blumberg -- 11. Altered Glucose Homeostasis Resulting from Developmental Exposures to Endocrine Disruptors / Alan Schneyer and Melissa Brown -- 12. Developmental Exposure to Endocrine Disrupting Chemicals: Is There a Connection with Birth and Childhood Weights? / Elizabeth E. Hatch, Jessica W. Nelson, Rebecca Troisi, and Linda Titus -- pt. IV. EDCs and Human Health -- 13. The Impact of Endocrine Disruptors on Female Pubertal Timing / Jean-Pierre Bourguignon and Anne-Simone Parent -- 14. The Influence of Endocrine Disruptors on Male Pubertal Timing / Xiufeng Wu, Ningning Zhang, and Mary M. Lee -- 15. Secular Trends in Pubertal Timing: A Role for Environmental Chemical Exposure? / Vincent F. Garry and Peter Truran.
- Endocrine hypertension 2013, Springer
- Endocrine involvement in developmental syndromes 2009, KargerInherited and sporadic epimutations at the IGF2-H19 locus in Beckwith-Wiedemann syndrome and Wilms' tumor / Riccio, A. ... [et al.] -- Epigenetic regulation of growth : lessons from Silver-Russell syndrome / Eggermann, T. -- Genetic imprinting : the paradigm of Prader-Willi and Angelman syndromes / Gurrieri, F., Accadia, M. -- Muscle involvement and IGF-1 signaling in genetic disorders : new therapeutic approaches / Barberi, L. ... [et al.] -- Mitochondrial encephalomyopathies and related syndromes : brief review / Bertini, E., D'Amico A. -- Overgrowth syndromes : a classification / Neri, G., Moscarda, M. -- C-type natriuretic peptide and overgrowth / Bocciardi, R., Ravazzolo, R. -- Role of transcription factors in midline central nervous system and pituitary defects / Kelberman, D., Dattani, M.T. --Developmental abnormalities of the posterior pituitary gland / Di Iorgi, N. ... [et al.] -- Hyperinsulinism in developmental syndromes / Kapoor, R.R., James, C., Hussain, K. -- Developmental syndromes : growth hormone deficiency and treatment / Mazzanti, L. ... [et al.] -- Growth hormone-resistant syndromes : long-term follow-up / Chernausek, S.D. -- Phenotypic aspects of growth hormone- and IGF-I-resistant syndromes / Savage, M.O. ... [et al.] -- Double diabetes : a mixture of type 1 and type 2 diabetes in youth / Pozzilli, P., Guglielmi, C. -- Cryptorchidism as part of the testicular dysgenesis syndrome : the environmental connection / Main, K.M., Skakkebaek, N.E., Toppari, J. -- Disorders of sex development in developmental syndromes / Hiort, O., Gillessen-Kaesbach, G.
- Endocrine manifestations of systemic autoimmune diseases 2008, ScienceDirectThis book is one of the first to evaluate the role of Steroids in autoimmune rheumatic diseases from the basic mechanisms to the clinical involvements and focuses on the importance of steroidal hormones in the pathogenesis and therapeutical management of the autoimmune rheumatic diseases. In particular, the chapters analyze the mechanisms of action and the involvement of adrenal steroids (glucocorticoids) in the neuroendocrine immune system, including the effects on elderly. The perturbations of the HPA axis as source of altered steroidal sythesis will be discussed and related to some interesting pathological conditions often complicating the autoimmune rheumatic diseases susch as psychosis or fibromyalgia. Concerning the role of gonadal steroids (sex hormones), several chapters will discuss clinical and epidemiological evidences of their role, as well as their effects as risk factors in autoimmune rheumatic diseases, including a section in Pediatrics. *The premier issue evaluating the role of Steroids in autoimmune rheumatic diseases from the basic mechanisms to the clinical involvements *Documents the latest research and indicate recent and coming new therapeutical-biological approaches to the therapy *The book will present therapeutical perspectives concerning the new glucocorticoids, and the effects of biological drugs on their synthesis.
- Endocrine neoplasia 2010, SpringerPart. I Thyroid.-- Biology of thyroid oncogenesis / Insoo Suh, Electron Kebebew.-- Evaliation of the thyroid nodule / Dina M. Elaraj.-- Differentiated thyroid cancers of follicular cell origin / Linwah Yip, Sally E. Carty.-- Sporadic medullary thyroid cancer / Adrian Harvey, Janice L. Pasieka.-- Anaplastic thyroid cancer / Alan P.B. Dackiw.-- Part II. Parathyroid.-- Primary hyperparathyroidism / Kaitlyn J. Kelly, Herbert Chen, Rebecca S. Sippel.-- Parathyromatosis and parathyroid cancer / Wen T. Shen.-- Part III. Incidentaloma / Jacob Malem, Insoo Suh, Quan-Yang Duh.-- Pheochromocytoma and paraganglioma / Goswin Y. Meyer-Rochow, Stan B. Sidhu.-- Functional cortical neoplasms / Ali Zarrinpar, Michael W. Yeh.-- Adrenocortical carcinoma / Patsy S.H. Soon, Stan B. Sidhu.-- Part IV. Pnacreatic neuroendocrine tumors.-- Gastrinoma / Anthony J. Chambers, Janice L. Pasieka.-- Insulinoma / Kimberly Vanderveen, Clive Grant.-- Rare neuroendocrine tumors of the pancreas / Shih-Ping Cheng, Gerard M. Doherty.-- Part V. Multiple endocrine neoplasia.-- Menin gene / Hsin-Chieh Jennifer Shen, Steven K. Libutti.-- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type I: clinical manifestations and management / Anathea C. Powell, Steven K. Libutti.-- RET protooncogene / Amber L. Traugott, Jeffrey F. Moley.-- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2: clinical manifestations and management / Amber L. Traugott, Jeffrey F. Moely.
- Endocrine pathology 2004Print Material
- Endocrine pathology. 2nd ed. 2010, SpringerMethods in cellular and molecular pathology / Paul Komminoth ... [et al.] -- Hypothalamus and neurohypophysis / Kazuhiro Takahashi, Osamu Murakami, and Toraichi Mouri -- Tumors in the adenohypophysis / Fateme Salehi ... [et al.] -- Recent developments in molecular embryogenesis and molecular biology of the pituitary / Robert Y. Osamura and Noboru Egashira -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of pituitary tumors / Ricardo V. Lloyd -- The pineal gland / Katherine M. Lindstrom and M. Beatriz S. Lopes -- The parathyroid / H. Rubén Harach -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of the parathyroid / Vânia Nosé and Ashraf Khan -- Pathology of thyroid gland / Ashraf Khan and Vânia Nosé -- Recent developments in the molecular biology of the thyroid / Yuri E. Nikiforov -- Adrenal cortex / Hironobu Sasano ... [et al.] -- Adrenal medulla and paraganglia / Anne Marie McNicol -- Molecular biology of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas / Elizabeth E. King and Patricia L.M. Dahia -- Endocrine ovaries / Xavier Matias Guiu -- Endocrine testis / Robert E. Emerson, Liang Cheng, and Thomas M. Ulbright -- Endocrine tumors of the gastrointestinal system / Guido Rindi ... [et al.] -- The endocrine pancreas / Stefano La Rosa ... [et al.] -- Neuroendocrine differentiation patterns in various organs (including lung, breast, skin, and urogenital tract) / Marco Volante ... [et al.] -- Endocrine lung / William D. Travis -- Cutaneous neuroendocrine tumors / Lori A. Erickson -- Neuroendocrine carcinomas of the thymus / Cesar A. Moran and Saul Suster -- Endocrine placenta / Raymond W. Redline -- Fine needle aspiration cytology of endocrine glands / Ema A. Dragoescu and Celeste N. Powers -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia syndrome / Kennichi Kakudo, Yasuhiro Ito, and Masahide Takahashi -- Polyglandular autoimmune diseases / Ricardo V. Lloyd -- Biochemical testing for neuroendocrine tumors / Aaron I. Vinik and Maria P. Silva -- Surgical management of endocrine disorders / Joseph B. Lillegard, Travis J. McKenzie, and Geoffrey B. Thompson -- Medical treatment of neuroendocrine tumors / Timothy J. Hobday -- Radiation treatment of endocrine tumors / Sunil Krishnan, Deepa Suresh, and Robert L. Foote -- Future directions in endocrine pathology / Ricardo V. Lloyd.
- Endocrine physiology. 4th ed. 2013, AccessMedicineThis book provides comprehensive coverage of the fundamental concepts of hormone biological action. These concepts provide a solid foundation for understanding the physiologic mechanisms involved in neuroendocrine regulation of organ function. -- Publisher description
- Endocrine secrets. Sixth edition [6th ed.]. 2013, ScienceDirectContinues the tradition of the Secrets Series®, offering fast answers to the most essential clinical endocrinology questions. The Q&A format includes pearls, tips, and memory aids to help you to learn and study efficiently. Provides a concise board review or handy clinical endocrinology resource.
- Endocrine surgery 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Endocrine surgery 2009, Springer
- Endocrine system 2007Print Material
- Print MaterialChemical transmission -- Mechanisms of hormone action 1. Membrane receptors -- Mechanisms of hormone action 2. Intracellular receptors -- Hypothalamus and pituitary gland -- Gonadotrophin releasing hormone : a peptide hormone -- Principles of feedback control -- Growth 1. Cellular growth factors -- Growth 2. Normal growth -- Growth 3. Growth hormone -- Growth 4. Pathophysiology -- Thyroid 1. Thyroid gland and thyroid hormones -- Thyroid 2. Thyroid hormone secretion and action -- Thyroid 3. Thyroid pathophysiology -- Adrenal gland 1. Adrenal medulla -- Adrenal gland 2. Adrenocortical hormones -- Adrenal gland 3. Adrenocorticotrophic hormone (ACTH) -- Adrenal gland 4. Cortisol and androgens -- Adrenal gland 5. Aldosterone -- Adrenal gland 6. Adrenocortical pathophysiology -- Endocrine autoimmunity -- Sexual differentiation and development 1 -- Sexual differentiation and development 2. Puberty -- Female reproduction 1. Menstrual cycle -- Female reproduction 2. Ovarian steroids -- Female reproduction 3. Pregnancy -- Female reproduction 4. Parturition and lactation -- Female reproduction 5. Pathophysiology -- Female reproduction 6. Contraception -- Male reproduction 1. The testis -- Male reproduction 2. Actions of androgens -- Male reproduction 3. Pathophysiology -- Oxytocin -- Vasopressin -- Renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system -- Endocrine hypertension -- Insulin 1. The pancreas and insulin secretion -- Insulin 2. Insulin action -- Insulin 3. Type I Diabetes mellitus -- Insulin 4. Type 2 Diabetes mellitus -- Glucagon -- Gastrointestinal hormones -- Energy homoeostasis 1. Summary -- Energy homoeostasis 2. Central control -- Obesity 1. Causes of obesity -- Obesity 2. Cardiovascular and respiratory complications -- Obesity 3. Insulin resistance and endocrine complications -- Calcium 1. Parathyroid hormone (PTH) -- Calcium 2. Calcitonin -- Calcium 3. Vitamin D -- Bone remodelling -- Metabolic bone disease 1. Paget's disease -- Metabolic bone disease 2. Primary osteoporosis -- Metabolic bone disease 3. Secondary osteoporosis -- Index.
- Print MaterialReceptors and hormone action -- The hypothalamus and pituitary part I : the hypothalamus and posterior pituitary -- The hypothalamus and pituitary part II : the anterior pituitary -- The adrenal glands part I : the adrenal medulla -- The adrenal glands part II : the adrenal cortex -- The thyroid gland -- Hormonal control of reproduction part I : male reproductive system -- Hormonal control of reproduction part II : female reproductive system -- Hormonal control of reproduction part III : development and fertility -- Insulin and the regulation of plasma glucose -- Hormonal regulation of plasma calcium and calcium metabolism -- Miscellaneous hormones.
- Endocrine tumor syndromes and their genetics 2013, KargerMultiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 / Agarwal, S.K. -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 / Lodish, M. -- Von Hippel-Lindau syndrome / Chou, A. ... [et al.] -- Carney complex -- Espiard, S., Bertherat, J. -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 4 / Lee, M., Pellegata, N.S. -- Novel hereditary forms of pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas / Dahia, P.L.M. -- Carney triad / Carney, J.A. -- Genetics of pituitary adenomas / Gadelha, M.R. ... [et al.] -- Clinical behavior and genetics of nonsyndromic, familial nonmedullary thyroid cancer / Bauer, A.J. -- Genetic defects associated with familial and sporadic hyperparathyroidism / Hendy, G.N., Cole, D.E.C. -- Endocrine tumors associated with neurofibromatosis type 1, Peutz-Jeghers syndrome, and other familial neoplasia syndromes / Kalkan, E., Waguespack, S.G.
- Endocrine updates v. 25-, 2007-, Springer
- Endocrine-disrupting chemicals 2007, Springer
- Endocrinology 2001, NCBI Bookshelf
- Endocrinology of physical activity and sport. 2nd ed. 2013, SpringerUnderstanding the influence and interaction between physical activity and the endocrine system are of paramount importance in dealing with a multitude of health problems. In Endocrinology of Physical Activity and Sport, renowned physicians and researchers provide a comprehensive and expanded update on the scientific, clinical and practical components of endocrinology as related to sport and exercise. The authors thoroughly review what is known about how such activity affects the endocrine system and how in turn these hormonal responses affect many other organs and systems of the body. In addition, aspects of endocrinology in non-glandular tissue which have endocrine actions are addressed; for example, adipocytes and the release of leptin and related adipocytokines. Further, a wide range of clinically related topics such as athletic amenorrhea, osteopenia, sarcopenia, and hypogonadism are included. This new edition critically integrates what is known about the complex interaction of the endocrine system in the sports context and will again prove immensely valuable to all physicians and clinical investigators treating those active in sports today.
- Endocrinology. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Endocrinology. 5th ed. v. 1-3, 2006.Print Material
- Endocrinology. 6th ed. v. 1-2, 2010.Print MaterialV. 1 -- Endocrinology: impact on science and medicine -- Control of hormone gene expression -- Control of hormone secretion -- Insulin and growth factor signaling pathways -- Hormone signaling via G protein-coupled receptors -- Nuclear receptors: structure, function, and coregulators -- Applications of genetics in endocrinology -- Development of the pituitary -- Prolactin -- Adrenocorticotropic hormone -- Endocrine rhythms, the sleep-wake cycle, and biological clocks -- Hypothalamic syndromes -- Hypopituitarism and growth hormone deficiency -- Acromegaly -- Cushing's syndrome -- Clinically nonfunctioning sellar masses -- TSH-producing adenomas -- Disorders of prolactin secretion and prolactinomas -- Pituitary surgery -- Evaluation and management of childhood hypothalamic and pituitary tumors -- Vasopressin, diabetes insipidus, and the syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion -- The pineal gland and melatonin -- Regulation of growth hormone and action (secretagogues) -- Insulin-like growth factor-1 and its binding proteins -- Somatic growth and maturation -- Growth hormone deficiency in children -- Appetite regulation and thermogenesis -- Obesity: the problem and its management -- Genetic syndromes associated with obesity -- Anorexia nervosa, bulimia nervosa, and other eating disorders -- Development of the endocrine pancreas -- Biosynthesis, processing, and secretion of the islet hormones: insulin, islet amyloid polypeptide (amylin), glucagon, somatostatin, and pancreatic polypeptide -- Insulin secretion -- The mechanisms of insulin action -- Glucagon and the glucagon-like peptides -- Regulation of intermediatory metabolism during fasting and feeding --Role of the adipocyte in metabolism and endocrine function -- Lipodystrophy syndromes -- Classification and diagnosis of diabetes mellitus -- Type 1 (insulin-dependent) diabetes mellitus: etiology, pathogenesis, prediction, and prevention -- Type 2 diabetes mellitus: etiology, pathogenesis, and natural history -- Lipoprotein metabolism and the treatment of lipid disorders -- Hyperglycemia secondary to nondiabetic conditions and therapies -- The metabolic syndrome -- Treatment of type 1 diabetes mellitus in adults -- Ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar coma -- Hypoglycemia and hypoglycemic syndromes -- Management of type 2 diabetes mellitus -- Management of diabetes mellitus in children -- Pancreatic and islet transplantation -- Diabetes control, long-term complications, and large vessel disease -- Diabetic eye disease -- Diabetes mellitus: neuropathy -- Diabetic nephropathy -- Diabetic foot and vascular complications -- Parathyroid hormone and parathyroid hormone-related peptide in the regulation of calcium homeostasis and bone development -- Calcitonin -- Vitamin D: from photosynthesis, metabolism, and action to clinical applications -- Bone development and remodeling -- Calcium regulation, calcium homeostasis, and genetic disorders of calcium metabolism -- Genetic disorders of phosphate homeostasis -- Primary hyperparathyroidism -- Malignancy-associated hypercalcemia and medical management -- Surgical management of hyperparathyroidism -- Pseudohypoparpathyroidism, Albright's hereditary osteodystrophy, and progressive osseous heteroplasia: disorders caused by inactivating GNAS mutations -- Genetic defects in vitamin D metabolism and action -- Hereditary disorders of the skeleton -- Bone density and imaging of osteoporosis -- Chronic kidney disease mineral and bone disorder -- Disorders of calcification: osteomalacia and rickets -- Paget's disease of bone --V. 2 -- Anatomy and development of the thyroid -- Thyroid-stimulating hormone: physiology and secretion -- Thyroid regulatory factors -- Thyroid hormone metabolism -- Mechanisms of thyroid hormone action -- Thyroid function testing -- Thyroid imaging -- Autoimmune thyroid disease -- Graves' disease -- Graves' ophthalmopathy -- Autonomously functioning thyroid nodules and other causes of thyrotoxicosis -- Chronic (Hashimoto's) thyroiditis -- Subacute and Riedel's thyroiditis -- Hypothyroidism and myxedema coma -- Nonthyroidal illness syndrome: a form of hypothyroidism -- Multinodular goiter -- Iodine deficiency disorders -- Thyroid neoplasia -- Medullary thyroid carcinoma and multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 -- Thyroid-stimulating hormone receptor mutations -- Genetic defects in thyroid hormone synthesis and action -- Thyroid hormone binding and variants of transport proteins -- Resistance to thyroid hormone -- Surgery of the thyroid -- The principles, enzymes, and pathways of human steroidogenesis -- Glucocorticoid action: physiology -- Glucocorticoid receptors: their mechanisms of action and glucocorticoid resistance -- Aldosterone: secretion and action -- Glucocorticoid therapy -- Adrenal insufficiency -- Adrenal causes of hypercortisolism -- Defects of adrenal steroidogenesis -- Adrenarche and adrenopause -- Adrenal gland imaging -- Adrenocortical carcinoma -- Primary mineralocorticoid excess syndromes and hypertension -- Mineralocorticoid deficiency -- Pheochromocytoma -- Adrenal surgery --Hormones of the cardiovascular system -- Hyponatremia and hypernatremia -- Orthostatic hypotension and orthostatic intolerance -- Endocrine aspects of critical care medicine -- Gonadotropin-releasing hormones -- Gonadal peptides: inhibins, activins, follistatin, Müllerian-inhibiting substance (antimüllerian hormone) -- Gonadotropins-regulation of synthesis and secretion -- Genetic basis of gonadal and genital development -- Diagnosis and treatment of disorders of sexual development -- Endocrinology of sexual maturation and puberty -- Precocious puberty -- Delayed puberty -- Hormonal control of breast development -- The endocrinology of sexual behavior and gender identity -- Folliculogenesis, ovulation, and luteogenesis -- Ovarian hormone synthesis -- Estrogen and progesterone action -- Hormonal regulation of the menstrual cycle, mechanisms of ovulation, premenstrual syndromes -- Amenorrhea, anovulation, and dysfunctional uterine bleeding -- Endometriosis -- Female subfertility: evaluation and management -- Hyperandrogenism, hirsutism, and the polycystic ovary syndrome -- Ovulation induction and assisted reproduction -- Contraception -- Menopause -- Functional morphology of the testis -- Androgen physiology, pharmacology, and abuse -- Testicular dysgenesis syndrome, cryptorchidism, hypospadias, and testicular tumors -- Androgen deficiency disorders -- Gynecomastia -- Clinical management of male infertility -- Male contraception -- Endocrinology of the prostate -- The endocrinology of human pregnancy and parturition -- Fetal and neonatal endocrinology -- Diabetes mellitus and pregnancy -- Diagnosis and treatment of thyroid disease during pregnancy -- Hormonal changes and endocrine testing in pregnancy -- Autoimmune polyglandular syndromes -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 1 -- Multiple endocrine neoplasia type 2 -- Gastrointestinal hormones and tumor syndromes -- Carcinoid syndrome -- Ectopic hormone syndromes -- Endocrine testing.
- Endocrinopathy after childhood cancer treatment 2009, KargerHypopituitarism following radiotherapy revisited / Darzy, K.H., Shalet, S.M. -- Alterations in pubertal timing following therapy for childhood malignancies / Armstrong, G.T., Chow, E.J., Sklar, C.A. -- Obesity during and after treatment for childhood cancer / Reilly, J.J. -- Metabolic disorders / Gregory, J.W. -- Bone and bone turnover / Crofton, P.M. -- Male fertility and strategies for fertility preservation following childhood cancer treatment / Mitchell, R.T. ... [et al.] -- Fertility in female childhood cancer survivors / De Bruin, M.L. ... [et al.] -- Long-term follow-up of survivors of childhood cancer / Edgar, A.B. ... [et al.].
- Endometrial adenocarcinoma 2008, KargerCurrent status of the prevention and early diagnosis of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- The value of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial cytology -- Techniques of endometrial histopathology -- New techniques for the diagnosis of endometrial pathology -- Cytology of the normal endometrium - cycling and postmenopausal -- Benign endometrial lesions -- Cytopathology of endometrial hyperplasias -- Cytopathology of endometrial adenocarcinoma -- Cytopathology of the non-epithelial malignant tumors of the uterine corpus.
- Endometrial cytology with tissue correlations 2009, Springer
- Endometriosis 2004Print Material
- Print Material
- Endophthalmitis 2004Print Material
- Endoplasmic reticulum stress in health and disease 2012, SpringerThe Endoplasmic Reticulum (ER) is an organelle with extraordinary signaling and homeostatic functions. It is the organelle responsible for protein folding, maturation, quality control and trafficking of proteins destined for the plasma membrane or for secretion into the extracellular environment. Failure, overloading or malfunctioning of any of the signaling or quality control mechanisms occurring in the ER may provoke a stress condition known as âER stressâ. Accumulating evidence indicates that ER stress may dramatically perturb interactions between the cell and its environment, and contribute to the development of human diseases, ranging from metabolic diseases and cancer to neurodegenerative diseases, or impact therapeutic outcome. This book primarily focuses on the pathophysiology of ER stress. It introduces the molecular bases of ER stress, the emerging relevance of the ER-mitochondria cross-talk, the signaling pathways engaged and cellular responses to ER stress, including the adaptive Unfolded Protein Response (UPR), autophagy as well as cell death. Next the book addresses the role of ER stress in physiology and in the etiology of relevant pathological conditions, like carcinogenesis and inflammation, neurodegeneration and metabolic disease. The last chapter describes how ER stress pathways can be targeted for therapeutic benefit. Altogether, this book will provide the reader with an exhaustive view of ER stress biology and the latest insights in the role of ER stress in relevant human diseases.
- Endoscopic anatomy of the third ventricle 2006, Springer
- Endoscopic and microsurgical anatomy of the cranial base 2010, SpringerSurvey -- Cavum nasi and fossa pterygopalatina -- Sinus sphenoidalis and fossa pterygopalatina -- Tuba auditiva (eustachii) -- Pyramis (petrous bone, pars petrosa plus pars tympanica) -- Clivus area and pars condylaris -- Special surgical aspects examples.
- Endoscopic approaches to the skull base 2012, Karger
- Endoscopic extraperitoneal radical prostatectomy 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Endoscopic oncology 2006, SpringerBarrett's esophagus : screening, diagnosis, and management / Glenn M. Eisen -- Endoscopic screening for squamous cell carcinoma of the esophagus / Brian C. Jacobson -- Image enhancement endoscopy / Stephan M. Wildi and Michael B. Wallace -- Staging of esophageal cancer / Jason Vollweiler and Gregory Zuccaro, Jr. -- Endoscopic therapy for early esophageal cancer and premalignant lesions in Barrett's esophagus / Granapathy A. Prasad and Kenneth K. Wang -- Endoscopic therapy for advanced esophageal cancer / Sanjay Jagannath and Marcia I. Canto -- Radiological imaging of the upper gastrointestinal tract / Marc S. Levine -- Esophageal cancer therapy : surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy / John M. Holland and Christopher A. Canning -- Premalignant lesions of the stomach / Omid A. Shaye and Andrew Ippoliti -- Gastric polyps / George A. Makar and Gregory G. Ginsberg -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging gastric cancer / Gregory Olds and Amitabh Chak -- Endoscopic treatment for gastric cancer / Takuji Gotoda and Roy M. Soetikno -- Diagnosis and management of gastrointestinal lymphoma / John G. Kuldau, Peter R. Holman, and Thomas J. Savides -- Gastrointestinal stromal tumors / Raquel E. Davila -- Carcinoid tumors / Wilscott E. Naugler and Gordon C. Hunt -- Medical and surgical therapy for gastric cancer / Diane Hershock -- Colorectal cancer screening / Jason A. Dominitz and William M. Grady --Polyposis and familial cancer syndromes / Fernando S. Velayos, Madhulika G. Varma, and Jonathan P. Terdiman -- Endoscopic colon surveillance : post-polypectomy, post-colorectal cancer resection, and inflammatory bowel disease / Douglas B. Nelson and Mandeep S. Sawhney -- Endoscopic ultrasound for staging rectal and anal cancer / Deepak V. Gopal -- Endoscopic therapy of colorectal carcinoma / Vaman Jakribettuu and Yang K. Chen -- Radiological imaging of the lower gastrointestinal tract / Steven E. Rubesin -- Current status of colorectal cancer therapy / John Strother ... [et al.] -- Cystic neoplasms of the pancreas / William R. Brugge -- Diagnosis and evaluation of pancreatic ductal adenocarcinoma / Kenneth H. Yu and Nuzhat A. Ahmad -- Adenocarcinoma of the pancreas : endoscopic palliation / Georgios I. Papachristou, Kevin McGrath, and Adam Slivka -- Pancreatic neuroendocrine tumors / Erik-Jan Wamsteker and James M. Scheiman -- Endoscopic diagnosis and management of cholangiocarcinoma / Vanessa M. Shami and Irving Waxman -- Ampullary neoplasia / Ian D. Norton -- Magnetic resonance imaging of neoplasms of the pancreatobiliary system / Evan S. Siegelman and Wendy C. Hsu -- Medical and surgical therapy of pancreatic cancer / Weijing Sun, Jon Morris, and Jeffrey Drebin -- Endoscopic ultrasound for thoracic disease / Timothy Woodward, Massimo Raimondo, and Michael B. Wallace.
- Print Material
- Endoscopic skull base surgery 2008, Springer
- Print Material
- Endoscopic surgery in infants and children 2008, Springer
- Endoscopic surgery of the potential anatomical spaces 2005, Springer
- Endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus 2009, SpringerNew technologies for imaging of Barrett's esophagus -- Argon plasma coagulation in Barrett's esophagus: the most widely available technique -- Radiofrequency ablation for eradication of Barrett's esophagus: a description of the endoscopic technique, its clinical results, and future prospects -- Decision making in ablation: disease, patients, and institutional factors -- Multipolar electrocoagulation (MPEC): an early, widely available technique -- Endoscopic mucosal resection in Barrett's esophagus: endoscopic surgery -- Combination: multimodal therapy -- Photodynamic therapy (PDT): the best-validated technique -- Cyroablation of Barrett's esophagus -- Cost-effectiveness of endoscopic therapy for Barrett's esophagus.
- Print MaterialBasics of radial endoscopic ultrasound -- Longitudinal EUS anatomy -- EUS meets VOXEL-MAN: a computer-based training system for longitudinal EUS -- Miniprobes -- Intraductal ultrasound -- Radial EUS, linear EUS, or ultrasound miniprobe: which if the most suitable device? -- Ultrasound contrast agents and contrast-enhanced ultrasonography.
- Endoscopic ultrasound 2010, Springer
- Endosome signalling. Part A-B. First edition. pt. A-B, 2014, ScienceDirectPt. B ScienceDirect
- Endosonography 2006Print Material
- Endosperm 2007, Springer
- Print Material
- Endothelial cytoskeleton 2014, CRCnetBASEThe endothelial cytoskeleton : multifunctional role of the endothelial actomyosin cytoskeleton / Yuka Shimizu and Joe G.N. Garcia -- Emerging themes on pulmonary microvascular endothelial cell : microtubules and microtubule associated proteins / Cristiaan D. Ochoa, Ron Balczon, and Troy Stevens -- Endothelial actin cytoskeleton and angiogenesis / Sadiqa K. Quadri -- Adherens junctions and endothelial cytoskeleton / Younes Smani and Tarik Smani-Hajami -- Mechanical force transmission via the cytoskeleton in vascular endothelial cells / Bori Mazzag ... [et al.] -- The functional role of the microtubule/microfilament cytoskeleton in the regulation of pulmonary vascular endothelial barrier / Irina B. Alieva and Alexander D. Verin -- Membrane-cytoskeleton interactions and control of vesicle trafficking in endothelial cells / Felicia Antohe -- Cell-matrix adhesion proteins in the regulation of endothelial permeability / Jurjan Aman, Geerten P. van Nieuw Amerongen, and Victor W.M. van Hinsbergh -- Endothelial cells and the regulation of platelet function / P.C. Redondo ... [et al.].
- Endothelial dysfunction and inflammation 2010, Springer
- Print Material
- Endothelin in renal physiology and disease 2011, Karger
- Endotoxemia and endotoxin shock 2010, KargerEndotoxin in the pathogenesis of sepsis / Marshall, J.C. -- Endotoxins and other sepsis triggers / Opal, S.M. -- Rationale of extracorporeal removal of endotoxin in sepsis : theory, timing and technique / Ronco, C., Piccinni, P., Kellum, J. -- Extracorporeal removal of endotoxin : the polymyxin B-immobilized fiber cartridge / Tani, T. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : molecular interactions / Vesentini, S. ... [et al.] -- Mechanisms of polymyxin B endotoxin removal from extracorporeal blood flow : hydrodynamics of sorption / Fiore, G.B. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal by polymyxin B immobilized cartridge inactivates circulating proapoptotic factors / Martin, E.L., Ranieri, V.M. -- Polymyxin-B hemoperfusion and endotoxin removal : lessons from a review of the literature / Cruz, D.N. ... [et al.] -- PMX endotoxin removal in the clinical practice : results from the EUPHAS trial / Antonelli, M. ... [et al.] on behalf of the EUPHAS Study Group -- Early management of endotoxemia using the endotoxin activity assay and polymyxin B-based hemoperfusion / Novelli, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin activity level and septic shock : a possible role for specific anti-endotoxin therapy? / Monti, G. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : from EUPHAS to EUPHRATES / Rachoin, J.-S. ... [et al.] -- Endotoxin removal : how far from the evidence? : the EUPHAS 2 project / Martin, E.L. ... [et al.].
- Endotoxins 2010, SpringerEndotoxins: Lipopolysaccharides of Gram-negative bacteria / X. Wang and P.J. Quinn -- Purification and characterization of lipopolysaccharides / X. Wang ... [et al.] -- Endotoxins: Relationship between structure, function, and activity / K. Brandenburg, A.B. Schromm and T. Gutsmann -- The diversity of the core oligosaccharide in lipopolysaccharides / A. Silipo and A. Molinaro -- Salmonella-regulated lipopolysaccharide modifications / S.M. Richards, K.L. Strandberg and J.S. Gunn -- The variation of O antigens in Gram-negative bacteria / L. Wang, Q. Wang and P.R. Reeves -- Regulators of TLR4 signaling by endotoxins / A.F. McGettrick and L.A.J. O'Neill -- Membrane partitioning: Is location everything when it comes to endotoxin recognition? / M. Triantafilou and K. Triantafilou -- Endotoxin detection - from limulus amebocyte lysate to recombinant Factor C / J.L. Ding and B. Ho -- The role of endotoxin in infection: Helicobacter pylori and Campylobacter jejuni / A.P. Moran -- The role of pseudomonas lipopolysaccharide in cystic fibrosis airway infection / S.M. Moskowitz and R.K. Ernst -- Development of small-molecule endotoxin sequestering agents / S.A. David and D. Sil -- Development of an anti-endotoxin vaccine for sepsis / A.S. Cross -- Synthetic and natural TLR4 agonists as safe and effective vaccine adjuvants / C.B. Fox ... [et al.] -- Targeting endotoxin in the treatment of sepsis / J.-S. Rachoin, C.A. Schorr and R.P. Dellinger -- Lipopolysaccharides in rhizobium-legume symbioses / R.W. Carlson, L.S. Forsberg and E.L. Kannenberg -- Lipopolysaccharides and plant innate immunity / G. Erbs ... [et al.].
- Endourological management of urogenital carcinoma 2006, Springer
- Endourooncology 2005, SpringerMerging of endourology and oncology: endourooncology / A. El-Hakim, B.R. Lee, and A.D. Smith -- Surgical robots and three-dimensional displays for computer-aided surgery / T. Dohi -- Robot-assisted (Da Vinci) urologic surgery: an emerging frontier / A.K. Hemal and M. Menon -- Robotic surgery assisted by the ZEUS system / M. Eto and S. Naito -- Telesurgery: remote monitoring and assistance laparoscopy / T. Inagaki, S.B. Bhayani, and L.R. Kavoussi -- Remote percutaneous renal access using a telesurgical robotic system / B. Challacombe, L. Kavoussi, and D. Stoianovici -- Radiofrequency ablation for percutaneous treatment of malignant renal tumors / S. Kanazawa, T. Iguchi, K. Yasui, H. Mimura, T. Tsushima, and H. Kumon -- High-intensity focused ultrasound for noninvasive renal tumor thermoablation / A. Häckr, M.S. Michel, and K.U. Köhrmann -- High-intensity focused ultrasound (HIFU) for the treatment of localized prostate cancer / T. Uchida, H. Ohkusa, H. Yamashita, and Y. Nagata -- Renal cryoablation / K. Nakagawa and M. Murai -- Prostate cryoablation / B.J. Donnelly and J.C. Rewcastle -- Tumor control outcome and tolerance of permanent interstitial implanation for patients with clinically localized prostate cancer / Y. Nasu, F. Abarzua, and H. Kumon.
- "Despite the "hot topic" status of this subject, there are few book-length resources that cover the subjects presented here in any depth. There is a particular need for high-quality coverage of hybrid techniques, which have emerged only over the last 3-4 years. Some of the techniques/procedures covered in this book have gained approval and are being used in patient care in Europe and elsewhere and are sure to see approval soon in the United States. Thus, this book not only fills a current need, but also anticipates a very likely near-term need amongst its target audience. The book aims to be a clear, practical guide to the topics covered, and with its combination of text with high-quality still images and videos presented on a companion website it should more than meet the expectations of buyers looking for expert guidance in this area"--Provided by publisher.
- Endovascular aneurysm repair 2005, Springer
- Endovascular interventions 2014, SpringerPart I: Basic MRI Principles.- A Brief History of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- Fundamentals of Magnetic Resonance Imaging -- The Relaxation Concept in MRI -- MRI Pulse Sequences -- MR Imaging Parameters and Options -- Part II: MR Safety, Patient Positioning, Protocol Design, Graphical Prescription and MR Applications for Anatomical Regions.- Introduction to Safe Clinical Scanning -- Central Nervous System: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Musculoskeletal Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Body Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Cardiovascular Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions -- Breast Imaging: MRI Protocols, Imaging Parameters and Graphical Prescriptions.
- Endurance exercise and adipose tissue 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Enemies of the myocytes 2002, HighWire
- Enemies to the vessel wall 2002, HighWire
- Energetics of biological macromolecules. Part A-E ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. B) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. C) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. D) ScienceDirectFulltext (pt. E) ScienceDirectParts [A]-E.
- Energy balance and cancer v. 1-, 2011-, Springer
- Energy balance and hematologic malignancies 2012, Springer
- Energy medicine East and West 2011, ScienceDirectQi in Asian medicine / Nancy N. Chen -- Flows and blockages in Rwandan ritual and notions of the body / Christopher C. Taylor -- Elemental souls and vernacular qi : some attributes of what moves us / David Mayor -- The anatomical foundations of qi / John L. Stump -- Qi in China's traditional medicine : the example of tuina / Kevin V. Ergil and Marc S. Micozzi -- Qi cultivation in qigong and taiji quan / Gideon Enz -- Qigong theory and research / Amy L. Ai -- The language of qi, quantum physics, and the superimplicate body / F. David Peat -- Qi and the frequencies of bioelectricity / Cyril W. Smith -- Systems theory : trapping and mapping healing with qi / Christopher Low -- The physiology of qi / Hakima Amri and Mones S. Abu-Asab -- Energy and medicine / John A. Ives and Wayne B. Jonas -- What does it mean to practice an energy medicine? / Claire M. Cassidy -- Evidencing energy : experiences in acupuncture and therapeutic bodywork (zero balancing) / Tim Newman -- Eight modalities for working with qi : chakra acupuncture, with qigong, meditation, and the five sources of energy / Gabriel Stux -- Ki in shiatsu / Patrizia Stefanini -- Bioelectricity and qi : a microcurrent approach / Darren Starwynn -- Energy psychology : working with mind-body synergy / Phil Mollon -- Craniosacral biodynamics / Franklyn Sills -- Qi in children / May Loo -- Qigong, taiji quan (tai chi) and HIV : the psychoneuroimmunology connection / Mary Lou Galantino and Laura Muscatello -- Energy-based therapies in neurology : the example of therapeutic touch / Eric Leskowitz -- Qi in chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia / Carolyn McMakin and Peter H. Fraser -- The electrical heart : energy in cardiac health and disease / Alan Watkins -- Themes of qi and a dozen definitions : content analysis and discussion / David Mayor and Marc S. Micozzi.
- Energy metabolism and lifespan determination. 1st ed. 2003., ScienceDirect
- Energy metabolism and obesity 2008, SpringerMolecular Physiology of Monogenic and Syndromic Obesities in Humans / Wendy K. Chung and Rudolph L. Leibel -- Leptin Signaling In the Brain / Ofer Reizes, Stephen C. Benoit, and Deborah J. Clegg -- Inactivating Melanocortin-4 Receptor Mutations and Human Obesity / Ya-Xiong Tao -- The Role of Central Melanocortins in Cachexia / Daniel L. Marks -- The Efferent Arm of the Energy Balance Regulatory Pathway: Neuroendocrinology and Pathology / Robert H. Lustig -- Adiponectin: A Multifunctional Adipokine / Kristen Clarke and Robert L. Judd -- The Role of the Gastrointestinal Hormones Ghrelin, Peptide YY and Glucagon-like Peptide-1 in the Regulation of Energy Balance / Ruben Nogueiras, Hilary Wilson, Diego Perez-Tilve and Matthias H. Tschöp -- The Role of Growth Hormone Secretagogues and Ghrelin in Feeding and Body Composition / Cyril Y. Bowers, Blandine Laferrère, David Hurley, and Johannes D. Veldhuis -- Interaction Between Physical Activity and Genetic Factors in Complex Metabolic Disease / Paul W. Franks and Stephen M. Roth -- 11ss-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase Type 1 and Obesity / Roland H. Stimson and Brian R. Walker -- Prader-Willi Syndrome : A Model of Disordered Energy Homeostasis / Andrea Haqq -- Antipsychotic Medication-Induced Weight Gain and Risk for Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease / John W. Newcomer -- Treatment of Insulin Resistance in Youth: The Role of Metformin / Molly Emott and Michael Freemark -- The Surgical Approach to Morbid Obesity / Edward E. Mason, Mohammad K. Jamal and Thomas O'Dorisio.
- Engineered zinc finger proteins 2010, Springer ProtocolsThe generation of zinc finger proteins by modular assembly / Mital S. Bhakta and David J. Segal -- Engineering single Cys2His2 zinc finger domains using a bacterial cell-based two-hybrid selection system / Stacey Thibodeau-Beganny, Morgan L. Maeder, and J. Keith Joung -- Bipartite selection of zinc fingers by phage display for any 9-bp DNA target site / Jia-Ching Shieh -- Structure-based DNA-binding prediction and design / Andreu Alibés, Luis Serrano, and Alejandro D. Nadra -- Generation of cell-permeable artificial zinc finger protein variants / Takashi Sera -- Inhibition of viral transcription using designed zinc finger proteins / Kimberley A. Hoeksema and D. Lorne J. Tyrrell -- Modulation of gene expression using zinc finger-based artificial transcription factors / Sabine Stolzenburg ... [et al.] -- Construction of combinatorial libraries that encode zinc finger-based transcription factors / Seokjoong Kim, Eun Ji Kim, and Jin-Soo Kim -- Silencing of gene expression by targeted DNA methylation : concepts and approaches / Renata Z. Jurkowska and Albert Jeltsch -- Remodeling genomes with artificial transcription factors (ATFs) / Adriana S. Beltran and Pilar Blancafort -- Transgenic mice expressing an artificial zinc finger regulator targeting an endogenous gene / Claudio Passananti ... [et al.] -- Artificial zinc finger nucleases for DNA cloning / Vardit Zeevi, Andriy Tovkach, and Tzvi Tzfira -- In vitro assessment of zinc finger nuclease activity / Toni Cathomen and Cem Șöllü -- Quantification of zinc finger nuclease-associated toxicity / Tatjana I. Cornu and Toni Cathomen -- A rapid and general assay for monitoring endogenous gene modification / Dmitry Y. Guschin ... [et al.] -- Engineered zinc finger proteins for manipulation of the human mitochondrial genome / Michal Minczuk -- High-efficiency gene targeting in Drosophila with zinc finger nucleases / Dana Carroll, Kelly J. Beumer, and Jonathan K. Trautman -- Using zinc finger nucleases for efficient and heritable gene disruption in zebrafish / Jasmine M. McCammon and Sharon L. Amacher -- A transient assay for monitoring zinc finger nuclease activity at endogenous plant gene targets / Justin P. Hoshaw ... [et al.] -- Validation and expression of zinc finger nucleases in plant cells / Andriy Tovkach, Vardit Zeevi, and Tzvi Tzfira -- Non-FokI-based zinc finger nucleases / Miki Imanishi, Shigeru Negi, and Yukio Sugiura -- Designing and testing chimeric zinc finger transposases / Matthew H. Wilson and Alfred L. George -- Seeing genetic and epigenetic information without DNA denaturation using sequence-enabled reassembly (SEER) / Jason R. Porter ... [et al.] -- Zinc finger-mediated live cell imaging in Arabidopsis roots / Beatrice I. Lindhout, Tobias Meckel, and Bert J. van der Zaal -- Biophysical analysis of the interaction of toxic metal ions and oxidants with the zinc finger domain of XPA / Andrea Hartwig, Tanja Schwerdtle, and Wojciech Bal -- Preparation and zinc-binding properties of multi-fingered zinc-sensing domains / John H. Laity and Linda S. Feng -- Using ChIP-seq technology to identify targets of zinc finger transcription factors / Henriette O'Geen, Seth Frietze, and Peggy J. Farnham -- Crystallization of zinc finger proteins bound to DNA / Nancy C. Horton and Chad K. Park -- Beyond DNA : zinc finger domains as RNA-binding modules / Josep Font and Joel P. Mackay.
- MATLAB basics -- MATLAB functions, operators, and commands -- MATLAB and problem solving -- MATLAB graphics -- MATLAB applications : numerical simulations of differential equations and introduction to dynamic systems -- SIMULINK.
- Engineering of functional skeletal tissues 2007, Springer
- England's Leonardo 2005, CRCnetBASE
- English for biomedical scientists 2009, Springer
- Print Material
- Enhancement in drug delivery 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Enhancing cognitive fitness in adults 2011, SpringerMemory Enhancement Strategies: What Works Best for Obtaining Memory Goals? -- Mental and Physical Exercise as a Means to Reverse Cognitive Aging and Enhance Well-Being -- Consumer-Based Brain Fitness Programs -- Synapse: A Clinical Trial Examining the Impact of Actively Engaging the Aging Mind -- Meditation, Mindfulness, Cognition, and Emotion: Implications for Community-Based Older Adult Programs -- Keys to a Sharp Mind: Providing Choice and Quality Programming in a Retirement Community -- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Montana: A Model of Successful University and Community Partnerships -- Closing the Generation Gap: Using Discussion Groups to Benefit Older Adults and College Students -- A Practical Guide to Senior Odyssey -- Spelling Clubs and Competitions for Older Adults: Language Boosting Within a Social Context -- Oral Life Review in Older Adults: Principles for the Social Service Professional -- Creative Writing Groups: A Promising Avenue for Enhancing Working Memory and Emotional Well-Being -- Peer-Led Memory Training Programs to Support Brain Fitness -- Cognitive Wellness for Diverse Populations -- The Role of Physical Activity in Cognitive Fitness: A General Guide for Community Programs -- Nutrition and Nutritional Supplements to Promote Brain Health -- Enhancing Healthy Cognitive Aging Through Theater Arts -- Coming Alive: Kairos Dance Theatre's Dancing Heart[TM] - Vital Elders Moving in Community -- Art, Museums, and Culture -- The Songwriting Works[TM] Model: Enhancing Brain Health and Fitness Through Collaborative Musical Composition and Performance -- Supporting Cognition and Well-Being in Older Adults with Mild Cognitive Impairment: A Pilot Intervention -- Early Memory Loss Clubs: A Novel Approach for Stimulating and Sustaining Cognitive Function -- Implementing the "I'm Still Here"[TM] Approach: Montessori-Based Methods for Engaging Persons with Dementia -- Kirtan Kriya Meditation: A Promising Technique for Enhancing Cognition in Memory-Impaired Older Adults -- Brain Brightening: Neurotherapy for Enhancing Cognition in the Elderly -- Neurons in Neighborhoods: How Purposeful Participation in a Community-based Intergenerational Program Enhanced Quality of Life for Persons Living with Dementia -- Experience Corps®: A Civic Engagement-Based Public Health Intervention in the Public Schools.
- Enhancing early child development 2013, SpringerRationale for developmental interventions in children -- Enhancing childhood development in a normal child -- Enhancing childhood development in children with autism -- Enhancing childhood development in children with cerebral palsy and other disorders -- Enhancing childhood development in children with behavioral and psychological disorders -- Nutrition for better development -- Summary of the "Care for Childhood Development" program (UNICEF/WHO).
- Enhancing performance for action and perception Part 1-2 multisensory integration, neuroplasticity and neuroprosthetics pt. 1-2, 2011., ScienceDirectpt. 2 ScienceDirectPt. I / (xii, 312 p.) -- Pt. II / (x, 278 p.).
- Print Material
- Enhancing the role of ultrasound with contrast agents 2006, Springer
- Enigma of ferment 2005Print Material
- Introduction to the guidelines. Purpose, target and scope -- Background -- A dual obligation, a quadruple imperative -- Indispensability of controlled medicines in contemporary medical practices -- Safety of controlled medicines -- Current availability -- Impediments to availability, accessibility and affordability -- Why and how to work with this document? -- Guidelines for ensuring balance in national policies on controlled substances. Content of drug control legislation and policy -- Authorities and their role in the system -- Policy planning for availability and accessibility -- Healthcare professionals -- Estimates and statistics -- Procurement -- Other -- Country assessment checklist.
- ENT secrets. 3rd ed. 2005Print Material
- Print MaterialThe enteric plexuses -- Interconnections between the plexuses -- Extent of the ganglionated plexuses -- Intramural extensions of extrinsic nerves -- Electron microscope studies -- Enteric glia -- The structural similarities and functional differences between regions may have an evolutionary basis -- Development of the enteric nervous system -- Maturation of enteric neurons and development of function -- Changes in enteric neurons with aging -- Summary and conclusions -- Shapes of enteric neurons -- Cell physiological classifications of enteric neurons -- Functionally defined enteric neurons -- Neurons in human intestine with equivalence to those investigated in laboratory animals -- Summary and conclusions -- Evolution of ideas about enteric circuitry -- Motility controlling circuits of the small and large intestine -- Intrinsic secretomotor and vasomotor circuits -- Assemblies of neurons -- Circuits in the esophagus and stomach -- Co-ordination of motility, secretomotor and vasomotor reflexes -- Circuits connecting the intestine, biliary system and pancreas -- Sympathetic innervation of the gastrointestinal tract -- Summary and conclusions -- Chemical coding and multiple transmitters -- Transmitters of motor neurons that innervate the smooth muscle of the gut -- Transmitters at neuro-neuronal synapses -- Sites within the reflex circuitry where specific pharmacologies of transmission can be deduced to occur -- Transmission from entero-endocrine cells to IPANs -- Roles of interstitial cells of Cajal in neuromuscular transmission -- Transmitters of secretomotor and vasodilator neurons -- Synapses in secretomotor and vasodilator pathways -- Transmitters of motor neurons innervating gastrin cells -- Summary and conclusions -- Rhythmic activity of gastrointestinal muscle -- Structure and properties of interstitial cells of cajal -- Relationship between slow wave activity and neural control -- Gastric motility -- Patterns of small intestine motility and their intrinsic neural control -- Motility of the colon -- Neural control of the esophagus -- Gall-bladder motility -- Sphincters -- Muscle of the mucosa -- Mechanism of sympathetic inhibition of motility in non-sphincter regions -- Sympathetic innervation of the sphincters -- Physiological effects of noradrenergic neurons on motility in undisturbed animals -- Reflex activities of sympathetic neurons that affect motility -- Summary and conclusions -- Water and electrolyte secretion in the small and large intestines -- Reflex control of water and electrolyte secretion -- Secretion of gastric acid -- Pepsinogen secretion -- Gastric secretion of bicarbonate -- Secretion into the gall bladder -- Pancreatic exocrine secretion -- Summary and conclusions -- Therapeutic endpoints for motility disorders -- Therapies for secretory diarrheas -- Enteric neuropathies involving neuronal loss or phenotypic changes -- Mitochondriopathies with intestinal manifestations -- Irritable bowel syndrome and plasticity of enteric neurons -- Summary and conclusions.
- Print MaterialThis report provides a review of commented Entrobacter sakazakii (Cronobacter spp.) infections worldwide in infants and young children as well as the existing surveillance systems and their capacity to capture cases of E. sakazakii (Cronobacter spp.) infection.--Publisher's description.
- Print Material
- Print MaterialEnterobacter sakazakii and Salmonella are the primary pathogens of concern with regard to powdered infant formula. Guidance for the control of these hazards is currently being developed by Codex Alimentarius through the revision of the Recommended International Code of Hygienic Practices for Foods for Infants and Children. FAO and WHO are providing the scientific advice to facilitate this work. FAO and WHO implemented the first meeting on this issue in 2004, the outcome of which is reported in number six of this series. This report builds on the information and advice provided in 2004.
- Enterprise Rails. 1st ed. SU Catalog (SearchWorks), Click LINK above for location/circulation status.Print Material
- Entomology. 3rd ed. 2005, Springer
- Entry inhibitors in HIV therapy 2007, Springer
- Environment and breast cancer 2011, SpringerEpidemiologic basis of the role of environmental endocrine disruptors in breast cancer /Robert A. Hiatt --Puberty as a window of susceptibility /Frank M. Biro and Mary S. Wolff --In search of the optimal experimental model /Irma H. Russo and Jose Russo --Early life exposure to bisphenol A and breast neoplasia /Maricel V. Maffini, Carlos Sonnenschein, and Ana M. Soto --Endocrine disruptors affect the genomic profile of the rat mammary gland at different developmental stages /Ricardo Lopez de Cicco ... [et al.] --Proteomic basis for the increased susceptibility of the mammary gland to carcinogenesis after perinatal exposure to bisphenol A /Sarah Jenkins ... [et al.] --Dioxin as an environmental pollutant and its role in breast cancer /Stephen Safe, Kelcey Walker, and Shu Zhang --Mammary gland as a sensitive tissue to developmental exposures of perfluorooctanoic acid (PFOA) in the mouse /Sally S. White ... [et al.] --Atropine : an environmental endocrine disruptor that alters mammary gland development and tumor susceptibility /Jennifer L. Rayner and Suzanne E. Fenton --Biological impact of radiation exposure on breast cancer development /David H. Nguyen, Irineu Illa Bochaca, and Mary Helen Barcellos-Hoff --Brain estrogens and metabolism /Yong Xu and Deborah J. Clegg.
- Environmental and microbial relationships. 2nd ed. 2007, Springer
- Environmental and health risk assessment and management 2006, Springer
- Discipline of environmental and occupational medicine /William N. Rom --The Role of surveillance in occupational health /Steven B. Markowitz --The Occupational and environmental history and examination /John E. Parker --Epidemiology of occupational diseases /Gary M. Marsh --Occupational biostatistics /Howard E. Rockette --Impairment, disability, and functional capacity /Alan L. Engelberg and William Greaves --Molecular biology /John G. Hay --TP53 tumor suppressor gene /S. Perwez Hussain and Curtis C. Harris --Biomarkers /Sudhir Srivastava and Karl E. Krueger --Genetic susceptibility /Chu-Ling Yu and David C. Christiani --Environmental mutagenesis /C. Stuart Baxter --Evaluation of occupational exposures and effects on male and female reproduction /Susan Rae Reutman and Grace K. LeMasters --Particle deposition and pulmonary defense mechanisms /Morton Lippmann and Lung-chi Chen --Lung immune defenses against environmental agents /Lester Kobzik --Pulmonary function testing /Stuart M. Garay --Imaging of pneumoconioses /David A. Lynch --Molecular mechanisms of particle-induced lung disease /Arnold R. Brody and Gilbert F. Morris --Analysis of fibrous and nonfibrous particles /Jerrold L. Abraham and Bryan R. Burnett --Asbestosis, pleural fibrosis, and lung cancer /William N. Rom --Malignant mesothelioma /Delia Nelson ... [et al.] --Man-made vitreous fibers, vermiculite, and zeolite /James E. Lockey, Vikas Kapil, and Nancy K. Wiese --Respiratory disease in coal miners /Michael D. Attfield, Vincent Castranova, and Gregory R. Wagner --The Health effects of silica exposure /Ahmad S. Jalloul and Daniel E. Banks --Hypersensitivity pneumonitis /Yvon Cormier and Yves Lacasse --Inhalation fever /Paul David Blanc --Occupational and environmental asthma /Stuart M. Brooks, Thomas Truncale, and James McCluskey --Environment, genes, and immune mechanisms in asthma /Joan Reibman, Linda Rogers, and Maria Elena Fernandez-Beros --Firefighter's health and health effects of the world trade center collapse /Michael Weiden ... [et al.] --International byssinosis /Denise Harrison --Isocyanates exposures and health effects /Carrie Redlich and Dhimiter Bello --Occupational exposures as a cause of chronic airways disease /John R. Balmes --Lung Diseases associated with silicates and other dust /Vinicius Antao, Germania Pinheiro, and John E. Parker --Respiratory tract irritants /Tee Guidotti --Simple asphyxiants /Marc Wilkenfeld --Chemical asphyxiants /William S. Beckett --Agricultural dust-induced lung disease /M. Brian Hartz, Nancy Sprince, and Joel Kline --Upper airway disorders /Rebecca Bascom and Marina Y. Dolina --Occupational skin disease /David Cohen and Megan M. Moore --Toxic peripheral neuropathy /Margit L. Bleecker --Human behavioral neurotoxicology /W. Kent Anger, Diane S. Rohlman, and Daniel Storzbach --Occupational heart disease /Kenneth D. Rosenman --Occupational eye disorders /Jason A. Goldsmith, Norman A. Zabriskie and Randall J. Olson --Occupational infections /Kevin Dieckhaus --Terrorism preparedness /Lewis Goldfrank and Howard Greller --HIV in the workplace /Marty Markowitz ... [et al.] --The Occupational risk of tuberculosis care /Kent A. Sepkowitz and Tara Palmore --Hematologic effects of occupational hazards /John H. Ward --Toxic liver disorders /John D. Groopman and Denise Johnson --Environmental and occupational causes of toxic injury to the kidneys and urinary tract /Edward T. Zawada, Jr. --Occupational bladder cancer /Steven B. Markowitz --Psychiatric syndromes common to the workplace /Robert C. Larsen --Alcohol and drug abuse in industry /Kent W. Peterson and Donna R. Smith --Psychological job stress /Joseph J. Hurrell, Jr. --Multiple chemical sensitivity /Alan M. Ducatman --Gulf war illness /Howard Kipen and Melissa McDiarmid --Occupational safety and human factors /Howard Sandler --Ergonomics and occupational biomechanics /Manny Halpern --Nonspecific low back pain /Margareta Nordin --Carpal tunnel syndrome /Owen Kieran --Toxicogenomics and exposure assessment /Samuel Wilson ... [et al.] --Occupational and environmental exposure to lead /Alf Fischbein and Howard Hu --Mercury /Lynn Goldman --Cadmium /Dominique F. Lison and Violaine Verougstraete --Arsenic /Toby G. Rossman --Beryllium disease /Lisa A. Maier, Carol Gunn and Lee S. Newman --Hard metal disease /Dominique F. Lison --Chromium compounds /Mitchell D. Cohen and Max Costa --Nickel compounds /Mitchell D. Cohen, Catherine Klein and Max Costa --Metal compounds and rare earths /Bruce Fowler --Organic solvents and fuels /Nancy L. Fiedler and Steven Lerman --Benzene /Philip J. Landrigan --Formaldehyde /Dean B. Baker --Ethylene oxide /Anthony D. LaMontagne, N. Kyle Steenland and Karl T. Kelsey --Pesticides /Marc B. Schenker, Steven R. Offerman, and Timothy E. Albertson --Health effects of agent orange, other military herbicides, and dioxins /Jeanne M. Stellman and Steven D. Stellman --Pentachlorophenol and tetrachlorophenol /Glenys M. Webster, Shona J. Kelly and Kay Teschke --Polychlorinated biphenyls /Stephen H. Safe --Trimellitic anhydride and other acid anhydrides /Leslie C. Grammer and Kathleen E. Harris --Carbon disulfide /Stephen M. Levin and Ruth Lilis --N Nitrosamines /Stephen S. Hecht --Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons and petroleum industry /Steven D. Stellman and Tee L. Guidotti --Occupational hazards in the microelectronics industry /Joseph LaDou --Radiation carcinogenesis /Fred Burns ... [et al.] --Nonionizing radiation /W. Gregory Lotz --Occupational exposure to noise /Robert J. McCunney and John Meyer --Dysbarism /Rafael E. de la Hoz --High-altitude illnesses /William N. Rom --Thermal extremes in the work environment /Kathleen A. Delaney and Lewis R. Goldfrank --Occupational exposure to vibration /Donald E. Wasserman and Jack Wasserman --Shift work and long work hours /Claire Caruso and Roger R. Rosa --Sleep disorders and work /Joyce A. Walsleben, Edward B. O'Malley, and David M. Rapoport --Sick building syndrome and building-related illness /Kathleen Kreiss --Air pollution : outdoor and indoor sources /George D. Thurston --Air pollution : epidemiology /Johnathan Samet --Air pollution : human health studies /Robert B. Devlin and Donald Graff --Air pollution : toxicological studies /Terry Gordon --Ozone /Morton Lippmann --Nitrogen oxides /Richard Schlesinger --Sulfur dioxide /Mark Frampton and Mark J. Utell --Particulate matter /Sverre Vedal and Jeffrey H. Sullivan --Acid rain /Kathleen C. Weathers, Gene E. Likens, and Thomas J. Butler --Cigarette smoking /Jonathan Samet and Stephen S. Hecht --Bioaccumulation and toxicities of aromatic hydrocarbon contaminants at different trophic levels of the Hudson River ecosystem /Isaac I. Wirgin --The Built environment /Howard Frumkin --Biological and medical implications of global warming /Paul R. Epstein --Chlorofluorocarbons and destruction of the ozone layer /Mario J. Molina and Luisa T. Molina --Environmental law and policy /Jeffrey G. Miller --Clean Air Act /Daniel Greenbaum --Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health /John Howard --United States Environmental Protection Agency /Kathleen Callahan ... [et al.] --Environmental health practice and research at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry /Thomas H. Sinks and Henry Falk --Risk assessment and economic evaluation /James Hammitt --Workers' compensation /Nicholas A. Ashford --International occupational and environmental health /Joseph LaDou --Children's environmental health research /Frederica Perera and Sheila Viswanathan --Disparities in environmental and occupational health /George Friedman-Jiménez and Luz Claudio --Industrial hygiene measurement and control /Beverly S. Cohen --Respirators /Philip Harber --The Occupational health service /Peter Rabinowitz and Oyebode Taiwo --Moral questions of occupational and environmental medicine /Sheldon Samuels --New frontiers in environmental health research /David A. Schwartz, Brenda K. Weis, and Samuel H. Wilson.
- Environmental engineering dictionary and directory 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Environmental factors in skin diseases 2007, Karger
- Part 1. General Principles -- Introduction / Deodutta Roy and M. Tevfik Dorak -- Gene-Environment Interactions, Phenotypic Changes, and Human Health / Rosemarie G. Ramos and Kenneth Olden -- Statistics for Testing Gene-Environment Interaction / Momiao Xiong and Xuesen Wu -- Clustering Studies for Identifying the Role of Environmental Factors in Aetiology of Human Cancers / Richard J.Q. McNally -- Discovering Gene-Gene and Gene-Environment Causal Interactions Using Bioinformatics Approaches / Changwon Yoo -- Gene Environment Interactions and Vascular Lesions / Quentin Felty -- Epigenetic Changes in Cancer: Role of Environment / Zdenko Herceg and Paolo Boffetta -- Approaches to Identify Environmental and Epigenomic Components or Covariates of Cancer and Disease Susceptibility / Alok Deoraj and Deodutta Roy -- Part 2. Environment and Specific Types of Cancer -- Gene-Environment Interaction and Susceptibility to Pediatric Brain Tumors / Brian Kunkle, David Sandberg, Prasanna Jayakar, Quentin Felty and Deodutta Roy -- Genetic Polymorphisms Predisposing Individuals to Breast Cancer Via Gene-Environment Interaction / Keun-Young Yoo, Sue K. Park and Aesun Shin -- Environment, Genetic Immunology and Childhood Cancer / Esma Ucisik-Akkaya and M. Tevfik Dorak -- Exposure to Environmental Mutagens: APC and Colorectal Carcinogenesis / Aruna S. Jaiswal, Melissa L. Armas, Shahnjayla K. Connors, Harekrushna Panda and Satya Narayan -- Gene-Environmental Interactions and Susceptibility to Liver Cancer / John B. Colerangle -- Genetic Epidemiology of Mismatch Repair Deficiency in Ovarian Cancer / Tuya Pal, Jenny Permuth Wey and Thomas A. Sellers -- Part 3. Case Studies -- Betel Nut and Susceptibility to Cancer / Rajesh N. Sharan and Yashmin Choudhury -- Birth Weight and Cancer Associations / Nadia Barahmani and M. Fatih Okcu -- Iron Excess and Cancer / Charronne F. Davis and M. Tevfik Dorak.
- Environmental genomics 2007, Springer ProtocolsPreface --Contributors --Pt. 1.Gene expression profiling --1.High-throughput whole mount in situ hybridization of zebrafish embryos for analysis of tissue-specific gene expression changes after environmental perturbation /Louise E. Coverdale, Lindsay E. Burton, and C. Cristofre Martin --2.Fluorescent RNA arbitrarily primed polymerase chain reaction /Doug Crump ... [et al.] --3.Isolation of O₃-response genes from Arabidopsis thaliana using cDNA macroarray /Masanori Tamaoki --4.Use of cDNA macroarrays and gene profiling for detection of effects of environmental toxicants /Jason L. Blum ... [et al.] --5.Constructing and screening a cDNA library /Kevin Larade and Kenneth B. Storey --6.Comparative molecular physiological genomics /Sean F. Eddy and Kenneth B. Storey --7.Proteomic analysis of neuroendocrine peptidergic system disruption using the AtT20 pituitary cell line as a model /Fumin Dong ... [et al.] --8.Proteomics-based method for risk assessment of peroxisome proliferating pollutants in the marine environment /Susana Cristobal --9.Environmental metabolomics using ¹H-NMR spectroscopy /Mark R. Viant --Pt. 2.Detection of whole genome mutation --10.Restriction landmark genome scanning for the detection of mutations /Jun-ichi Asakawa --11.Use of the comet assay in environmental toxicology /Loren D. Knopper and James P. McNamee --12.The micronucleus assay determination of chromosomal level DNA damage /Michael Fenech --13.Fluorescence in situ hybridization for the detection of chromosome aberrations and aneuploidy induced by environmental toxicants /Francesca Pacchierotti and Antonella Sgura --14.Laboratory methods for the detection of chromosomal structural aberrations in human and mouse sperm by fluorescence in situ hybridization /Francesco Marchetti, Debby Cabreros, and Andrew J. Wyrobek --Pt. 3.Determination of species diversity --15.Assembling DNA barcodes /Jeremy R. deWaard ... [et al.] --16.Application of suppressive subtractive hybridization to uncover the metagenomic diversity of environmental samples /Elizabeth A. Galbraith, Dionysios A. Antonopoulos, and Bryan A. White --17.16S rRNA targeted DGGE fingerprinting of microbial communities /Vesela A. Tzeneva ... [et al.] --18.An emulsion polymerase chain reaction-based method for molecular haplotyping /James G. Wetmur and Jia Chen --Index.
- Environmental health impacts of transport and mobility 2005, Springer
- Environmental health indicators 2004, NAP
- Environmental health procedures. 6th ed. 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Environmental management, sustainable development and human health 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Environmental microbiology 2005, ScienceDirectCultivation -- Physiological ecology -- Nucleic acid techniques.
- Environmental microbiology 2004, Springer ProtocolsCommunities and biofilms -- Fermented milks -- Nucleic acids, recovery, and determination -- Reviews.
- Environmental monitoring for cleanrooms and controlled environments 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Environmental stressors in health and disease 2001, CRCnetBASE1. Free Radical Reactions in Human Disease / Barry Halliwell -- 2. Radicals and Inflammation: Mediators and Modulators / Claire A. Davies, David R. Blake, and Paul G. Winyard -- 3. Autoimmunity Caused by Oxidizing Foreign Compounds / Kaye H. Kilbur -- 4. Role of Oxidative Stress in Chemical Carcinogenesis / James E. Klaunig and Lisa M. Kamendulis -- 5. Proposed Mechanisms of Arsenic Toxicity Carcinogenesis / Michael I. Luster and Petia P. Simeonova -- 6. Redox Regulation of Gene Expression and Transcription Factors in Response to Environmental Oxidants / Hiroshi Masutani, Akira Nishiyama, Yong-Won Kwon, Yong-Chul Kim, Hajime Nakamura, and Junji Yodoi -- II. Target Organs of Environmental Oxidants: Lung -- 7. Cigarette Smoking and Pulmonary Oxidative Damage / Ching K. Chow -- 8. Health Effects of Diesel Exhaust and Diesel Exhaust Particles / Masaru Sagai and Takamichi Ichinose -- 9. The Role of Free Radicals in Asbestos- and Silica-Induced Fibrotic Lung Diseases / Arti Shukla, Cynthia R. Timblin, Brooke T. Mossman, and Andrea Hubbard -- 10. Reactive Oxygen Species and Silica-Induced Carcinogenesis / Xianglin Shi, Min Ding, Fei Chen, Val Vallyathan, and Vince Castranova -- 11. Atmospheric Oxidants and Respiratory Tract Surfaces / Carroll E. Cross, Samuel Louie, Sunye Kwack, Pat Wong, Sharanya Reddy, and Albert van der Vliet -- III. Target Organs of Environmental Oxidants: Skin -- 12. Redox Modulation and Oxidative Stress in Dermatotoxicology / Jiirgen Fuchs, Maurizio Podda, and Thomas Zollner -- 13. Dermatotoxicology of Environmental and Occupational Chemical Hazards: Agents and Action / Jiirgen Fuchs -- 14. Photooxidative Stress in Skin and Regulation of Gene Expression / Lee Ann Laurent-Applegate and Stefan Schwarzkopf -- 15. Ozone Stress in the Skin Barrier / Stefan U. Weber and Lester Packer -- 16. Immunotoxicity of Environmental Agents in the Skin / Santosh K. Katiyar and Hasan Mukhtar -- IV. Target Organs of Environmental Oxidants: Eye -- 17. Environmental Stressors and the Eye / John R Trevithick and Kenneth P. Mitton -- 18. Free Radicals and Aging of Anterior Segment Tissues of the Eye / Keith Green -- 19. The Role of Ocular Free Radicals in Age-Related Macular Degeneration / Paul S. Bernstein and Nikita B. Katz -- 20. Nutritional Influences on Risk for Cataract / Allen Taylor.
- Environmental toxicology 2004, Wellcome Trust
- Environmental toxicology 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Environmental toxicology 2005, ScienceDirectThe utility of zebrafish as a model for toxicological research / Michael J. Carvan III, Tisha King Heiden and Henry Tomasiewicz -- Use of fish cell lines in the toxicology and ecotoxicology of fish : piscine cell lines in environmental toxicology / N.C. Bols, V.R. Dayeh, L.E.J. Lee and K. Schirmer -- Approaches in proteomics and genomics for eco-toxicology -- Nancy D. Denslow, Iris Knoebl and Patrick Larkin -- Interactions between lipids and persistent organic pollutants in fish / Adria A. Elskus, Tracy K. Collier and Emily Monosson -- Metabolic fate of nonylphenols and related phenolic compounds in fish / Jean-Pierre Cravedi and Daniel Zalko -- Pesticide biotransformation in fish / Daniel Schlenk -- Xenobiotic receptors in fish : Structural and functional diversity and evolutionary insights / Mark E. Hahn, Rebeka R. Merson and Sibel I. Karchner -- Impacts of environmental toxicants and natural variables on the immune system of fishes / Karen G. Burnett -- Fish models of carcinogenesis / Gary K. Ostrander and Jeanette M. Rotchell -- Metallothionein : structure and regulation / Peter Kling and Per-Erik Olsson -- Cell death : investigation and application in fish toxicology / Antony W. Wood, David M. Janz and Glen J. Van Der Kraak -- Adrenal toxicology : environmental pollutants and the HPI axis / Alice Hontela -- Xenobiotic impact on corticosteroid signaling / Mathilakath M. Vijayan, Patrick Prunet and Adrienne N. Boone -- Thyroid hormones / J.G. Eales and S.B. Brown -- The biology and toxicology of retinoids in fish / D. Alsop, Glen J. Van Der Kraak, S.B. Brown and J.G. Eales -- Vitellogenesis and endocrine disruption / Naoshi Hiramatsu, Ann O. Cheek, Craig V. Sullivan, Takahiro Matsubara and Akihiko Hara -- Pharmaceuticals in the environment : drugged fish? / Vance L. Trudeau, Chris D. Metcalfe, Caroline Mimeault and Thomas W. Moon -- P-glycoproteins and xenobiotic efflux transport in fish / Armin Sturm and Helmut Segner.
- Environmental tracking for public health surveillance 2013, CRCnetBASE"Satellite imagery and data are widely used in public health surveillance to provide early warning of disease outbreaks and for averting pandemics. Convergence of these technologies began in the 1970s and has gained wide acceptance in the 21st Century. This book is written jointly by experts in both the health and Earth-science technologies. Each chapter is accompanied by an extensive list of citations to provide background and validation of the current state-of-the-art for a variety of high-interest human diseases and associated health and well-being issues. The importance of day-to-day weather patterns, the impacts of severe weather events and longer-term climate cycles form the basis for developing information systems that meet goals and expectations of national and international health monitoring bodies"--Provided by publisher.
- Print Material
- Enzyme functionality 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Enzyme kinetics 2002, WileyIntroduction, p. 1-3 -- ch. 1. Multiple Equilibria, p. 5-50 -- ch. 2. Enzyme Kinetics, p. 51-160 -- ch. 3. Methods, p. 161-246.
- Enzyme kinetics 2003, WileyTools and techniques of kinetic analysis -- How do enzymes work? -- Characterization of enzyme activity -- Reversible enzyme inhibition -- Irreversible enzyme inhibition -- pH dependence of enzyme-catalyzed reactions -- Two-substrate reactions -- Multisite and cooperative enzymes -- Immobilized enzymes -- Interfacial enzymes -- Transient phases of enzymatic reactions -- Characterization of enzyme stability -- Mechanism-based inhibition / Leslie J. Copp -- Putting kinetic principles into practice / Kirk L. Parkin -- Use of enzyme kinetic data in the study of structure-function relationships of proteins / Takuji Tanaka and Ricky Y. Yada.
- Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part C, Intermediates, stereochemistry, and rate studies ScienceDirect
- e-EROS, Encyclopedia of reagents for ...
- — Emotions as bio-cultural processes .....
- Emperor of all maladies. 1st Scribner...
- — Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part D...
- Enzyme kinetics and mechanism. Part F...
- — Ethical choices. 2nd ed. ...............
- Ethical conduct of clinical research ...
- — Eye. 3rd ed. ...........................
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases