- Fabry disease ..........................
- — First aid for the medicine clerkship....
- First aid for the obstetrics & gyneco...
- — Food, diet and obesity .................
- Food-borne parasitic zoonoses ..........
- — Frontiers in eating and weight regula...
- Frontiers in research of the renin-an...
- — Fuzzy expert systems and fuzzy reason...
- Food-borne parasitic zoonoses 2007, Springer
- Food-borne pathogens 2006, Springer ProtocolsDetection of hemolysins in Aeromonas spp. isolates from food sources / Rosabel Falcón ... [et al.] -- Detection and purification of Bacillus cereus enterotoxins / Toril Lindbäck and Per Einar Granum -- Campylobacter / Rachel Gorman and Catherine C. Adley -- Detection of Clostridium botulinum by multiplex PCR in foods and feces / Miia Lindström, Mari Nevas, and Hannu Korkeala -- Multiplex PCR for the specific identification of enterohemorrhagic Escherichia coli strains in the O157:H7 complex / Peter C.H. Feng and Steven R. Monday -- Pulsenet's step-by-step laboratory protocol for molecular subtyping of Listeria monocytogenes by macrorestriction and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis / Lewis M. Graves and Balasubramanian Swaminathan --Plesiomonas shigelloides / Ivan Ciznar ... [et al.] -- Pulsed-field gel electrophoresis as a molecular technique in Salmonella epidemiological studies / Rachel Gorman and Catherine C. Adley -- Kits for the detection of food poisoning toxins produced by Bacillus cereus and Staphylococcus aureus / Moira M. Brett -- Microbiological and molecular methods to identify and characterize toxigenic Vibrio cholerae from food samples / Keya De, Ranjan K. Nandy, and G. Balakrish Nair -- HPLC measurement of aflatoxin B1 and metabolites in isolated rat hepatocytes / Jennifer Colford -- Detection of noroviruses of genogroups I and II in drinking water by real-time one-step rRT-PCR / Christian M. Beuret -- Detection of enteroviruses / Miguel-Angel Jiménez-Clavero ... [et al.] --Detection of hepatitis A virus and rotavirus using nucleic acid sequence-based amplification / Julie Jean and Ismaïl Fliss -- Isolation and characterization of cathepsin-L1 protease from Fasciola hepatica excretory/secretory products for the serodiagnosis of human fasciolosis / Sandra O'Neill, Grace Mulcahy, and John Dalton -- Molecular biology methods for detection and identification of Cryptososporidium species in feces, water and shellfish / C.J.P. Lowery ... [et al.] -- Molecular identification of nematode worms from seafood (Anisakis spp. and Pseudoterranova spp.) and meat (Trichinella spp.) / Giuseppe La Rosa, Stefano D'Amelio, and Eduardo Pozio -- Approaches to developing quantitative risk assessment models / Enda J. Cummins -- A review of surveillance networks of food-borne diseases / Camelia Molnar, Rita Wels, and Catherine C. Adley.
- Food-drug synergy and safety 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Foodborne disease outbreaks 2008, WHO"These guidelines have been written for public health practitioners, food and health inspectors, district and national medical officers, laboratory personnel and others who may undertake or participate in the investigation and control of foodborne disease outbreaks."--P. 4 of cover.
- Foodborne diseases 2007, SpringerEscherichia coli / Jianghong Meng and Carl M. Schroeder -- Listeria / Franz Allerberger -- Clostridium botulinum and Clostridium perfringens / Jim McLauchlin and Kathie A. Grant -- Yersinia enterocolitica and Yersinia pseudotuberculosis / Maria Fredriksson-Ahomaa -- Foodborne pathogenic vibrios / T. Ramamurthy and G. Balakrish Nair -- Enterococcus and its association with foodborne illness / Simona F. Oprea and Marcus J. Zervos -- Foodborne viral hepatitis / Hazel Appleton ... [et al.] -- Gastroenteric virus / Miren Iturriza-Gómara, Chris I. Gallimore, and Jim Gray -- Cryptosporidium / Huw V. Smith -- Toxoplasma gondii / Dolores E. Hill ... [et al.] -- Aflatoxins : background, toxicology, and molecular biology / Joan W. Bennett, S. Kale, and Jiujiang Yu -- Scombroid fish poisoning / Elijah W. Stommel -- Pathogen control in meat and poultry production: implementing the USDA food safety and inspection service's hazard analysis and critical control point system / Moshe S. Dreyfuss ... [et al.] -- Use of antimicrobials in food animal production / Frank M. Aaestrup and Lars B. Jensen -- Alternatives to antimicrobials* / Toni L. Poole, Todd R. Callaway, and David J. Nisbet -- Microbial risk assessment / Carl M. Schroeder -- Food irradiation and other sanitation procedures / Donald W. Thayer -- Molecular techniques of detection and discrimination of foodborne pathogens and their toxins / Steven L. Foley and Kathie A. Grant -- Future directions in food safety* / Ross C. Beier and Suresh D. Pillai.
- Foodborne microbial pathogens 2008, Springer
- Foodborne parasites 2006, Springer
- Foodborne pathogens 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Foot and ankle in rheumatoid arthritis 2006, SpringerDiagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis at an early stage / P. Miossec and J. Tebib, p. 1-8 -- The Rheumatoid foot. Pathomechanics, clinical and radiological features. Therapeutic conditions / M. Bouysset and P. Hugueny, p. 9-48 -- Some reflections on pathomechanics of the rheumatoid foot and ankle / X. Crevoisier, p. 49-72 -- CT and MRI in rheumatoid arthritis (midfoot, hindfoot and ankle) / Th. Tavernier, p. 73-95 -- Management of the patient with rheumatoid arthritis / J. Tebib and P. Miossec, p. 97-109 -- Footwear for the rheumatoid foot and ankle / M. Bouysset, P. Hugueny, G. Guaydier-Souquières and F. Lapeyre, p. 111-121 -- Corticosteroid injections and synoviortheses of the foot and ankle in rheumatoid arthritis / M. Bouysset, P. Hugueny, B. Gintz, J. Jalby and J. Tebib, p. 123-130 -- Forefoot surgery for rheumatoid arthritis / Y. Tourné, p. 131-147 -- Hindfoot surgery for rheumatoid arthritis / B. Valtin and Th. Leemrijse, p. 149-167 -- Points of view about synovectomy of the ankle joint in rheumatoid arthritis / H. Thabe, p. 169-178 -- Total ankle replacement. History, evolution of concepts, designs and surgical technique / M. Bonnin, T. Judet, T. Siguier and J. Colombier, p. 179-200 -- Some reflections about the evolution of ankle prosthesis / H. Kofoed, p. 201-206 -- Total ankle replacement in rheumatoid arthritis: treatment strategy / M. Bonnin, M. Bouysset, J. Tebib and E. Noël, p. 207-219 -- Respective indications of talocrural arthrodesis and ankle prosthesis with different situations in rheumatoid arthritis / K. Tillmann and B. Fink, p. 221-228 -- Surgical strategy in surgery of the lower limb in rheumatoid arthritis / W. Souter, p. 229-236 -- Surgery of the foot and ankle in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: some reflexions / F. Koeck, G. Heers, W. Caro and J. Grifka, p. 237-46.
- Foot and ankle motion analysis 2008, CRCnetBASE
- Foot and mouth disease 2003, Wellcome Trust
- Foot and mouth disease 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Foot-and-mouth disease virus 2005, Springer
- Football traumatology 2006, Springer
- Footmarks of innate immunity in the ovary and cytokeratin-positive cells as potential dendritic cells 2011, Springer
- Forefoot reconstruction. 2nd ed. 2005, Springer
- Forensic anthropology and medicine 2006, Springer
- Forensic anthropology laboratory 2008, CRCnetBASEIntroduction / Heather Walsh-Haney -- The Anthropology Research Facility, University of Tennessee / Lee Meadows Jantz and Richard L. Jantz -- The forensic anthropology laboratory in a medical examiner setting / Dana Austin and Laura Fulginiti -- Joint POW/MIA Accounting Command's Central Identification Laboratory / Thomas Holland, John Byrd and Vincent Sava -- The University of Indianapolis Archeology & Forensics Laboratory / Stephen P. Nawrocki -- The mass fatality incident morgue : a laboratory for disaster victim identification / Paul S. Sledzik and Patricia J. Kaufmann -- The Repatriation Osteology Laboratory at the Smithsonian Institution / Erica B. Jones and Stephen D. Ousley -- History and collections of the Division of Physical Anthropology, Smithsonian Institution / David R. Hunt -- The LSU Forensic Anthropology and Computer Enhancement Services Laboratory / Mary H. Manhein ... [et al.] -- The working forensic anthropology laboratory / Heather Walsh-Haney, Laurel Freas and Michael Warre.
- Forensic art and illustration 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic cardiovascular medicine 2009, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic DNA evidence interpretation 2005, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic DNA typing protocols 2004, Springer ProtocolsForensic DNA-typing technologies: a review / Angel Carracedo and Paula Sánchez-Diz -- DNA extraction and quantitation of forensic samples using the phenol-chloroform method and real-time PCR / Silvano Köchl, Harald Niederstätter, and Walther Parson -- A real-time PCR protocol to determine the number of amelogenine (X-Y) gene copies from forensic DNA samples / Antonio Alonso and Pablo Martín -- Species determination: the role and use of the cytochrome b gene / Adrian Linacre and James Chun-l Lee -- Constructing STR multiplex assays / John M. Butler -- Y chromosome STR typing / Leonor Gusma̋o and Cíntia Alves -- Using online databases for developing SNP markers of forensic interest / Christopher Phillips -- SNP typing in forensic genetics: a review / Beatriz Sobrino and Angel Carracedo -- Genotyping SNPs with the LightCycler / María Victoria Lareu and Clara Ruiz-Ponte -- Universal tag arrays in forensic SNP analysis / Marie Allen and Anna-Maria Divne --SNP typing on the nanochip electronic microarray / Claus Børsting, Juan J. Sanchez, and Niels Morling -- Genotyping SNPs using a UV-photocleavable oligonucleotide in MALDI-TOF MS / Peter M. Vallone, Kristina Fahr, and Markus Kostrzewa -- Mitochondrial D-loop and coding sequence analysis using pyrosequencing / Marie Allen and Hanna Andréasson -- SNaPshot typing of mitochondrial DNA coding region variants / Antonio Salas, Beatriz Quintáns, and Vanesa Álvarez-Iglesias -- Typing of Y chromosome SNPs with multiplex PCR methods / Juan J. Sanchez, Claus Børsting, and Niels Morling -- Y chromosome SNP analysis using the single-base extension: a hierarchical multiplex design / María Brión -- SNaPshot for pharmacogenetics by minisequencing / Klaus Bender -- Methods for the study of ancient DNA /Christine Keyser-Tracqui and Bertrand Ludes -- Protocols for ancient DNAtyping / Cristian Capelli and Frank Tschentscher.
- Forensic document examination 2007, SpringerEvolution of the written word -- Principles of handwriting -- Factors that cause changes in handwriting -- Handprinting and numerals -- History of document examination -- Forgery -- Other types of fraud -- Equipping a laboratory -- Care and handling of documents -- Standards of comparison -- Systematic examination of handwriting -- Master pattern -- Detecting fraudulent documents -- Weighing the evidence -- Preparing reports -- Alteration of documents -- Disguised writing -- Disguise versus simulation -- Check and credit card fraud -- Paper -- Writing instruments -- Seals, stamps, and paper -- Typewriters and printers -- Duplicating methods -- Desktop publishing -- The discovery process -- The litigation process -- Demonstrative evidence -- Court cases.
- Forensic emergency medicine. 2nd ed. 2007, OvidPerpetrators / John E. Douglas and Mark Olshaker -- The Victims of violence / Carroll Ann Ellis -- Interviewing techniques / Peggy L. Johnson and John S. O'Brien II -- Forensic emergency medicine: penetrating trauma / William S. Smock -- Forensic aspects of motor vehicle trauma / William S. Smock -- Forensic examination of adult victims and perpetrators of sexual assault / Judith A. Linden, Annie Lewis-O'Connor, and M. Christine Jackson -- Sexual abuse and sexual assault of adolescents / V. Jill Kempthorne -- Child sexual assault: the acute assessment / Mary-Theresa L. Baker -- Child abuse/assault / Richard Lichenstein and Adrienne H. Suggs -- Elder abuse / Adam J. Geroff and Jonathan S. Olshaker -- Treating survivors of intimate partner abuse: forensic identification and documentation / Daniel J. Sheridan -- New drugs of abuse / K. Sophia Dyer -- Serology and DNA evidence / Rosalind Bowman, Teri J. Labbe, and Kimberly A. Mullings -- Law enforcement / Donald E. Steinhice -- Sexual assault and the criminal justice system / Sharon A.H. May -- Testifying / Sharon A.H. May -- Forensic photography in the emergency department / William S. Smock and Patrick E. Besant-Matthews.
- Forensic epidemiology 2010, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic evidence 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic evidence. 2nd ed. 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic histopathology 2011, SpringerIntroduction -- Staining Techniques and Microscopy -- Histopathology of Selected Trauma -- Histopathology and Drug Abuse -- Toxin- and Drug-Induced Pathologies -- Alcohol-Related Histopathology -- Heat, Fire, Electricity, Lightning, Radiation, and Gases -- Hypothermia -- Thrombosis and Embolism -- Vitality, Injury Age, Determination of Skin Wound Age, and Fracture Age -- Aspiration and Inhalation -- Forensic-Histological Diagnosis of Species, Gender, Age, and Identity -- Coronary Sclerosis, Myocardial Infarction, Myocarditis, Cardiomyopathy, Coronary Anomalies, and the Cardiac Conduction System -- Vascular, Cardiac Valve, and Metabolic Diseases -- Lethal Infections, Sepsis, and Shock -- Endocrine Organs -- Pregnancy-Related Death, Death in Newborns, and Sudden Infant Death Syndrome -- Forensic Cytology -- Histothanatology: Autolysis, Putrefaction, Mummification -- Forensic Neuropathology.
- Forensic human identification 2007, CRCnetBASEsection 1. Identification from biomolecular evidence -- section 2. Identification from latent prints -- section 3. Identification from the soft tissues -- section 4. Identification from the hard tissues -- section 5. Facial identification -- section 6. Identification from methods of communication -- section 7. Identification from podiatry and walking -- section 8. Identification from personal effects -- section 9. The Context of forensic human identification -- section 10. Forensic human identification case studies.
- Forensic investigation of stolen-recovered and other crime-related vehicles 2006, ScienceDirectThe problem of auto theft / Mikel Longman -- Victim and witness interviews and collection of circumstantial information / Jean-François Chevalley, Manuel Poza -- General crime scene considerations and documentation / Moira Johnson, Simone Reynolds -- Forensic examination of stolen-recovered vehicles : technical examination and general forensic traces / Marc Demierre ; Chemical traces--drugs, explosives, and gunshot residue / Francesco Saverio Romolo -- Traces and their evidentiary value / Eric Stauffer -- Vehicle identification / William T. Smylie -- Restoration of serial numbers / Horst Katterwe -- Anti-theft systems / Robert F. Mangine -- Examination of steering columns and ignition locks / Robert F. Mangine -- Examination of vehicle keys / Emmanuel Fivaz, Monica S. Bonfanti -- Analysis of vehicle fluids / Eric Stauffer -- Examination of burned vehicles / Eric Stauffer -- Examination of vehicles recovered underwater / Jean-François Voillot -- Examination of vehicle license plates / Didier Brossier -- Examination of vehicle registration documents / Diana Ombelli -- Vehicle searching procedures / Stéphane Kummer -- Examination of vehicles involved in terrorism / Greg Terp -- Investigation from the public side / Greg Terp -- Investigation from the private side : the European perspective / Marc Stauffer ; The U.S. perspective / Glenn Wheeler -- Vehicle tracking / Greg Terp -- Vehicle crime mapping / Jerry Ratcliffe -- International collaboration through Interpol / Alain G. Barbier.
- Forensic issues in alcohol testing 2008, CRCnetBASEMeasuring acute alcohol impairment / Christopher S. Martin -- Update on clinical and forensic analysis of alcohol / Alan Wayne Jones and Derrick J. Pounder -- Post-mortem alcohol: aspects of interpretation / Derrick J. Pounder and Alan Wayne Jones -- Recent advances in biochemical tests for acute and chronic alcohol consumption / Anders Helander and Alan Wayne Jones -- Alcohol determination in point of collection testing / J. Robert Zettl.
- Forensic laboratory handbook 2006, SpringerSerology and DNA / Lisa A. Gefrides and Katherine E. Welch -- Forensic chemistry / Donnell Christian -- Crime reconstruction / W. Jerry Chisum -- Digital evidence / Robert P. Bianchi and Mark Pollitt -- Explosives and arson : boom and flame / James B. Crippin -- Fingerprints / Brian E. Dalrymple -- Firearms and tool marks / Edward E. Hueske -- Forensic odontology : teeth and their secrets / Helena Soomer / Forensic pathology / Joye Carter -- Assuring quality in the crime laboratory / William J. Tilstone -- Introduction to forensic document Examination / William L. Leaver -- Toxicology in the crime laboratory / Ashraf Mozayani -- Trace evidence in the real crime lab / Richard E. Bisbing.
- Forensic linguistics 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic medical investigation of motor vehicle incidents 2007, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic medicine of the lower extremity 2005, SpringerThe decomposition of human remains: a biochemical perspective / Robert H. Powers -- Forensically significant skeletal anatomy / Nancy E. Tatarek and Dorothy E. Dean -- Normal osteology of the knee joint and markers of stress and injury / Emily A. Craig -- Anthropological analysis of the lower extremity: etermining sex, race, and stature from skeletal elements / Nancy E. Tatarek and Paul W. Sciulli -- Estimating age at death / Douglas H. Ubelaker -- Radiology of the lower extremity / B.G. Brogdon -- Injuries to children: a surgeon's perspective / Jonathan I. Groner -- Skeletal trauma analysis of the lower extremity / Alison Galloway and Lauren Zephro -- Biomechanics of impact injury / David J. Porta -- Injuries of the thigh, knee, and ankle as reconstructive factors in road traffic accidents / Grzegorz Teresiński -- Biomechanical analysis of slip, trip, and fall accidents / Scott D. Batterman and Steven C. Batterman -- "The game is afoot": feet help solve forensic puzzles in the United States and overseas / Julie Mather Saul and Frank P. Saul -- The role of feet and footwear in medicolegal investigations / John A. DiMaggio -- Ongoing research into barefoot impression evidence / Robert B. Kennedy.
- Forensic neuropathology and associated neurology 2006, SpringerIntroduction -- Risks, responsibilities and liabilities -- Cytology of the CNS -- Cell and tissue reactions -- Methods in forensic neuropathology -- Basic principles of mechanical trauma -- Injuries of the brain's coverings -- Open brain injuries -- Closed brain injuries -- Injuries of spine and spinal cord -- Injuries of peripheral nerves -- Special physical trauma -- Hypoxia, ischemia (hypoglycemia) -- Forensic types of ischemia and asphyxia -- Permanent global ischemia -- Introductory remarks -- Specific types of neurotoxins -- Alcohol, organic solvents, and aerosols -- Illegal drugs and drug dependence -- Basic principles -- Fetal neuropathology -- Perinatal CNS injury -- Postnatal natural CNS death -- Postnatal mechanical brain injury (MBI) -- Physical abuse -- Basic principles -- Seizures and epilepsy -- Vascular diseases -- Inflammatory diseases -- Nutritional and metabolic insults -- Aging and brain pathology.
- Forensic pathology of trauma 2007, SpringerThe "complete autopsy" : the management of risk -- Postmortem changes : the "great pretenders" -- Asphyxia -- Thermal injury -- Bodies recovered from water -- Penetrating trauma: close-range firearm wounds -- Penetrating trauma: sharp force injuries -- Blunt trauma : with reference to planes, trains, and automobiles -- Craniocerebral trauma and vertebrospinal trauma -- Sudden neurological death.
- Forensic pathology. 2nd ed. 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic psychiatry 2006, SpringerOrganizations as evil structures / Dave Holmes and Cary Federman -- The psychopharmaceutical complex / Brian Kean -- Intention, excuse, and insanity / Tamas Pataki -- An archaeology of the "psychopath": the medicalization of evil / Tom Mason -- The comforts of evil: dangerous personalities in high-security hospitals and the horror film / Mick McKeown and Mark Stowell-Smith -- Madness, badness, and evil / Deidre N. Greig -- Destruction as a constructive choice / David A. Winter --Violence as secular evil: forensic evaluation and treatment of violent offenders from the viewpoint of existential depth psychology / Stephen A. Diamond -- Scapegoat, spectacle, and confessional: close encounters with sex offenders and other species of dangerous individuals / Dave Mercer and Joel Richman -- The villification of victimized children in historical perspective / Victoria Van Slyke -- Evil: a clinical perspective / J. David Kinzie -- Capacities and dispositions: what psychiatry and psychology have to say about evil / Gwen Adshead -- Should radical evil be forgiven? / Marguerita La Caze -- Mad, bad, and evil: psychiatry, psychoanalysis, and evil / Michael Levine -- Talking about evil, even when it's not supposed to exist / C. Fred Alford -- The influence of evil on forensic clinical practice / Tom Mason, Joel Richman, and Dave Mercer -- Hope in the face of evil / Geri Miller and Ron Hood.
- Forensic recovery of human remains 2006, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic science 2004, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic science in healthcare 2011, CRCnetBASE"This book contains basic forensic information necessary for healthcare professionals to assess and manage victims of trauma and criminal behavior. Chapters cover information on types of wounds and how to describe them; various types of evidence which may be encountered in the healthcare setting; and general principles of evidence collection. Common evidentiary items such as clothing, foreign objects, trace evidence, biological evidence, and bite marks are discussed and collection procedures are identified. A glossary of terms is included and a downloadable CD-ROM with information and printable templates such as human body diagrams supplements the text"--Provided by publisher.
- Forensic speaker identification 2002, CRCnetBASE
- Forensic uses of digital imaging 2001, CRCnetBASE
- Pt. 1. Creating a grievance -- pt. 2. Forgiveness -- pt. 3. Forgive for good.
- Offers a seven-step program for creating and maintaining a lasting relationship that teaches forgiveness skills in order to resolve conflicts and increase happiness.
- Forgotten cure 2012, Springer
- Forkhead transcription factors 2009, SpringerFOXO1, T-cell trafficking and immune responses / Florent Carrette, Stéphanie Fabre and Georges Bismuth -- FOXP3 and its role in the immune system / Chang H. Kim -- Molecular regulation of cellular immunity by FOXP3 / Alicia N. McMurchy ... [et al.] -- The biology of FOXP3 : a key player in immune suppression during infections, autoimmune diseases and cancer / Frances Mercer and Derya Unutmaz -- The cooperative roles of FOXC1 and FOXC2 in cardiovascular development / Tsutomu Kume -- FOXO proteins and cardiac pathology / Albert Wong and Elizabeth A. Woodcock -- The forkhead transcription factors play important roles in vascular pathology and immunology / Xiao-Feng Yang ... [et al.] -- Regulatory T cells, FOXP3 and atherosclerosis / Michal Entin-Meer, Arnon Afek and Jacob George -- FOXP genes, neural development, speech and language disorders / Hiroshi Takahashi, Kaoru Takahashi and Fu-Chin Liu -- Pathophysiological relevance of forkhead transcription factors in brain ischemia / Kohji Fukunaga and Norifumi Shioda -- New insights for FOXO and cell-fate decision in HIV infection and HIV associated neurocognitive disorder / Min Cui ... [et al.] -- FOXP3+ regulatory T-cells in chronic kidney disease : molecular pathways and clinical implications / Pascal Meier -- Transcriptional role of FOXO1 in drug resistance through antioxidant defense systems / Tomoko Goto and Masashi Takano -- FOXP3 expressing regulatory T-cells in allergic disease / Kayhan T. Nouri-Aria -- Human clinical phenotype associated with FOXN1 mutations / Claudio Pignata, Anna Fusco and Stefania Amorosi -- FOXL2 : at the crossroads of female sex determination and ovarian function / Bérénice A. Benayoun ... [et al.] -- FOXO transcription factors : from cell fate decisions to regulation of human female reproduction / Jan J. Brosens, Miranda S.C. Wilson and Eric W.-F. Lam -- The "O" class : crafting clinical care with FOXO transcription factors / Kenneth Maiese ... [et al.].
- Formulating poorly water soluble drugs 2012, Springer
- Fostering nurse-led care 2013, ebrary"Nurse leaders exist at every level--from the bedside to the boardroom. But these days, nurse leaders and managers face major changes in health care delivery models that pressure them to improve patient care but at the same time improve efficiency and lower costs. Add to this the demand to provide nursing education and improve retentions, and the pressure can mount and create additional problems for your organization. The solution? Fostering Nurse-Led Care--from three of Massachusettes General Hospital's top nurse executives--tells nurse leaders and care providers the secrets of the professional practice model that has improved system outcomes and increased patient, family, and staff satisfaction for nearly 20 years. The book provides details including developing, implementing, and evaluating a professional practice environment; optimizing quality standards; implementing patient safety measurements and balancing cost with quality; building an effective learning environment; and resolving conflicts and ethical dilemmas"--Page 4 of cover.
- Foundations of Chinese psychology 2012, Springer
- The beginning of computational genomics -- Finding sequence similarities -- Homology: can we get it right? -- Getting ready for the era of comparative genomics: the importance of viruses -- The first fact of comparative genomics: protein sequences are remarkably resilient in evolution -- The second fact of comparative genomics: functional convergence at the molecular level -- Prediction of function and reconstruction of metabolism from genomic data: homology-based approaches -- Prediction of function and reconstruction of metabolism: post-homology approaches -- Structural genomics: what does it tell us about life? -- How many protein families are there? -- Phylogenetic inference and the era of complete genomes -- Two stories about evolution -- Minimal and ancestral genomes -- Comparative genomics and systems biology.
- Foundations of genetic algorithms 6 2001, ScienceDirectMachine generated contents note: Introduction-- Worthy N. Martin and William M. Spears -- Overcoming Fitness Barriers in Multi-Modal Search Spaces5 -- Martin J. Oates and David Come -- N iches in N K -Landscapes27 -- Keith E. Mathia, Larry J. Eshelman, and J. David Schaffer -- New Methods for Tunable, Random Landscapes 47 -- R. E. Smith and J. E. Smith -- Analysis of Recombinative Algorithms on a Non-Separable Building-Block Problem69 -- Richard A. Watson -- Direct Statistical Estimation of GA Landscape Properties 91 -- Colin R. Reeves -- Comparing Population Mean Curves109 -- B. Naudts and I. Landrieu -- Local Performance of the ((/(I, () -ES in a Noisy Environment 127 -- Dirk V Arnold and Hans-Georg Beyer -- Recursive Conditional Scheme Theorem, Convergence and -- Population Sizing in Genetic Algorithms 143 -- Riccardo Poli -- Towards a Theory of Strong Overgeneral Classifiers 165 -- Tim Kovacs -- Evolutionary Optimization through PAC Learning 185 -- Forbes J. Burkowski -- Continuous Dynamical System Models of Steady-State Genetic Algorithms209 -- Alden H. Wright and Jonathan E. Rowe -- Mutation-Selection Algorithm: A Large Deviation Approach 227 -- Paul Albuquerque and Christian Mazza -- The Equilibrium and Transient Behavior of Mutation and Recombination 241 -- William M. Spears -- The Mixing Rate of Different Crossover Operators 261 -- Adam Prigel-Bennett -- Dynamic Parameter Control in Simple Evolutionary Algorithms 275 -- Stefan Droste, Thomas Jansen, and Ingo Wegener -- Local Search and High Precision Gray Codes: Convergence Results and Neighborhoods295 -- Darrell Whitley, Laura Barbulescu, and Jean-Paul Watson -- Burden and Benefits of Redundancy 313 -- Karsten Weicker and Nicole Weicker -- Author Index 335 -- Key Word Index337.
- Foundations of sport-related brain injuries 2006, Springer
- Foundations of sport-related injuries 2008, SpringerI. Foundations of Injury in Athletics -- Classification of Injuries in Athletics, p. 3-23 -- Science of Training and Injury in Athletics, p. 25-43 -- Balance as a Risk Factor for Athletic Injuries, p. 45-75 -- Fatigue-Related Injuries in Athletes, p. 77-95 -- Nutrition as a Risk Factor for Injury in Elite Athletes, p. 97-109 -- II. Coaches and Athletes' Perspectives of Injury -- Injury in Athletics: Coaches' Point of View, p. 113-146 -- Injury from Athletes' Perspectives, p. 147-159 -- Interviews with Injured Athletes, p. 161-195 -- Overuse Injuries: Students' Points of View, p. 197-216 -- Fitness Assessment in Athletes, p. 217-239 -- III. Psychological Traumas in Athletes -- Psychological Trauma: Unfortunate Experience in Athletics, p. 243-267 -- Fear as Adaptive or Maladaptive Form of Emotional Response, p. 269-287 -- Fear of Injury, Kinesiophobia & Perceived Risk, p. 289-309 -- Multiple Facets of Pain due to Injury, p. 311-330 -- Psychological Trauma: Case Studies, p. 331-355 -- Psychological Trauma: Age & Gender Factors, p. 357-374 -- IV. Concussion in Athletes -- Concussion: Why Bother?, p. 377-398 -- Concussion Classification: Historical Perspectives and Current Trends, p. 399-414 -- Evaluation of Concussion: Signs and Symptoms, p. 415-445 -- Traumatic Brain Injuries in Children, p. 447-466 -- V. Injury Rehabilitation -- Integrated Injury Rehabilitation, p. 469-491 -- EEG & Neurofeedback in Rehabilitation, p. 493-513 -- Virtual Reality in Injury Rehabilitation, p. 515-540.
- Foundations of systematics and biogeography 2008, SpringerIntroduction: Systematics, evolution, and classification -- Systematics as problem solving -- The archetype -- Ernest Haeckel and systematische phylogenie -- The German development of morphology: from Ernest Haeckel to Willie Hanning -- Pattern Cladistics -- Homologues and homology -- Discovering homologues -- Homology and systematics -- Homology and transformation -- Character conflict -- The analyses of relationships -- Biogeograhical relationships, evolution, and classification.
- Fountain of youth 2004The search for prolongevity : a contentious pursuit / Robert H. Binstock -- The quest for immortality : visions and presentiments in science and literature / Mark B. Adams -- Decelerated aging : should I drink from a fountain of youth? / Stephen G. Post -- A Jewish theology of death and the afterlife / Neil Gillman -- In defense of immortality / Carol G. Zaleski -- In search of the holy grail of senescence / S. Jay Olshansky and Bruce A. Carnes -- The metabiology of life extension / Michael R. Rose -- Extending human longevity : a biological probability / Robert Arking -- Eat less, eat better, and live longer : does it work and is it worth it? : the role of diet in aging and disease / Gemma Casadesus, George Perry, James A. Joseph, and Mark A. Smith -- Extending life : scientific prospects and political obstacles / Richard A. Miller -- An engineer's approach to developing real anti-aging medicine -- Aubrey D.N.J. de Grey -- An unnatural process : why it is not inherently wrong to seek a cure for aging / Arthur L. Caplan -- Longevity, identity, and moral character : a feminist approach / Christine Overall -- L'chaim and its limits : why not immortality? / Leon R. Kass -- Anti-aging research and the limits of medicine / Eric T. Juengst -- The social and justice implications of extending the human life span / Audrey R. Chapman -- The prolonged old, the long-lived society, and the politics of age / Robert H. Binstock.
- Fourier transforms in spectroscopy 2001, Wileych. 1. Basic definitions -- ch. 2. General properties of Fourier transforms -- ch. 3. Discrete Fourier transform -- ch. 4. Fast Fourier transform (FFT) -- ch. 5. Other integral transforms -- ch. 6. Fourier transform spectroscopy (FTS) -- ch. 7. Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectrometry -- ch. 8. Ion cyclotron resonance (ICR) mass spectrometry -- ch. 9. Diffraction and Fourier transform -- ch. 10. Uncertainty principle -- ch. 11. Processing of signal and spectrum -- ch. 12. Fourier self-deconvolution (FSD) -- ch. 13. Linear prediction.
- "WHO's third decade was characterized by a sense of optimism, perhaps naive in retrospect. There was a feeling that progress was possible, not only in health, but in social and economic ways to improve individual and collective well-being. This optimism was reflected in the approval by the Thirtieth World Health Assembly in May 1977 of resolution WHA30.43, which stated that WHO's main social target for the coming decades should be for all citizens of the world to attain by the year 2000 a level of health to enable them to lead socially and economically productive lives."--Introduction, p. vii.
- Fractals in biology and medicine. Volume IV 2005, Springer
- Fracture classifications in clinical practice 2006, Springer
- Fractures in the elderly 2011, SpringerPt. 1. The aging of bone and etiologies of fractures -- pt. 2. Perioperative management -- pt. 3. Common fractures in the elderly -- pt. 4. Rehabilitation, post-fracture evaluation, and prevention.
- Fragile wisdom 2013If reproductive hormones are so important, why is there so much variation? -- Coevolution of biology and culture : agriculture and selection for high levels of estrogens -- You are what you eat ... as a fetus -- The French paradox : did child welfare reduce the risk of heart disease? -- Intergenerational echoes of slavery -- The price of reproduction -- The ultimate test of costs of reproduction : life span -- Evolutionary past and modern diet -- Evolution and physical activity -- Evolutionary trade-offs and culture -- Fallacies of philanthropy -- Fixing genes versus fixing lifestyles.
- Fragile X-associated tremor ataxia syndrome (FXTAS) 2010, SpringerClinical Neurological Phenotype of FXTAS / Maureen A. Leehey, Elizabeth Berry-Kravis, Christopher G. Goetz and Randi J. Hagerman -- The Epidemiology of FXTAS / Deborah A. Hall and Sebastien Jacquemont -- FXTAS: Neuropsychological/Neuropsychiatric Phenotypes / Jim Grigsby, Angela G. Brega, Andreea L. Seritan and James A. Bourgeois -- Radiological Findings in FXTAS / Susan M. Rivera, Glenn T. Stebbins and Jim Grigsby -- The Pathology of FXTAS / Claudia M. Greco, Michael R. Hunsaker and Robert F. Berman -- The Molecular Biology of FXTAS / Flora Tassone and Paul J. Hagerman -- Genotype/Phenotype Relationships in FXTAS / Emily Allen, Maureen A. Leehey, Flora Tassone and Stephanie Sherman -- Animal Models for FXTAS / Rob Willemsen, Yujing Li, Robert F. Berman, Judith R. Brouwer and Ben A. Oostra, et al. -- Treatment and Management of FXTAS / Elizabeth Berry-Kravis, Deborah A. Hall, Maureen A. Leehey and Randi J. Hagerman -- Genetic Counseling for FXTAS and FMR1-Associated Disorders / Louise W. Gane, Katherine Howard and Liane Abrams.
- Fragment-based drug design 2011, ScienceDirect
- Fragmented intimacy 2008, SpringerPART 1: THEORY -- Addiction in Perspective -- Dangerous Consumptions -- Overview of this Book -- Companion Relationships -- A Social World -- Worlds, Paradigms and Assumptions -- The Particle Paradigm -- The Social Paradigm -- Switching to a Social World -- Addiction and Connecting -- Connecting to the World -- Patterns of Fragmentation -- Responding to Addiction -- The Prospect of Change -- Setting Out and Setting Back -- Making it Stick -- PART 2: PROCESSES -- Becoming Intimate -- Living in Relationships -- Intimacy and the "Four Cs" -- Special Considerations -- Quality Intimacy? -- Intimacies in Addictive Contexts -- Intimacy within Addictive Relationships -- Intimacies for Others -- Systems of Intimate Connections -- Intimacy and Power -- Controlling Tactics -- The Myth of Disinhibition -- Violence as a Social Event -- Managed Intimacy -- PART 3: FAMILIES & COMMUNITIES -- Fragmented Lives -- Fragmenting Environments -- How Intimates Respond -- Broader Social Dynamics -- Collective Opportunities -- Empowerment and Connectedness -- Reconnecting Intimates -- Responsibility for Change -- Change Processes -- Guidelines for Effective Collective Action -- Reintegration -- What is Reintegration? -- Six Phases of Reintegration -- Reforming Intimacies -- Enabling Closeness and Compassion -- Domains of Connectedness -- PART 4: APPLICATIONS -- Family Resources -- Social Resources from Inner Power -- Social Resources Offered by Services -- Mobilizing Communities -- Volunteer Networks -- Croatian/Italian Community Clubs -- An Indigenous Approach -- Applications to Practice -- Barriers to Social Inclusive Practice -- Social Engagement -- Social Assessment -- Facilitative Meetings -- Looking Ahead -- Where It Fits -- Future Opportunities
- Frailty model 2008, Springer
- Frailty models in survival analysis 2011, CRCnetBASEThe concept of frailty offers a convenient way to introduce unobserved heterogeneity and associations into models for survival data. In its simplest form, frailty is an unobserved random proportionality factor that modifies the hazard function of an individual or a group of related individuals. Frailty Models in Survival Analysis presents a comprehensive overview of the fundamental approaches in the area of frailty models. The book extensively explores how univariate frailty models can represent unobserved heterogeneity. It also emphasizes correlated frailty models as extensions of univariate and shared frailty models. The author analyzes similarities and differences between frailty and copula models; discusses problems related to frailty models, such as tests for homogeneity; and describes parametric and semiparametric models using both frequentist and Bayesian approaches. He also shows how to apply the models to real data using the statistical packages of R, SAS, and Stata. The appendix provides the technical mathematical results used throughout. Written in nontechnical terms accessible to nonspecialists, this book explains the basic ideas in frailty modeling and statistical techniques, with a focus on real-world data application and interpretation of the results. By applying several models to the same data, it allows for the comparison of their advantages and limitations under varying model assumptions. The book also employs simulations to analyze the finite sample size performance of the models.--From the publisher's website.
- Free radical biology in digestive diseases 2011, KargerFree radicals and lipid peroxidation / Niki, E. -- Mitochondria as source of free radicals / Majima, H.J. ... [et al.] -- The Nox family of NADPH oxidases that deliberately produce reactive oxygen species / Sumimoto, H., Minakami, R., Miyano, K. -- Neutrophil-dependent oxidative stress in inflammatory gastrointestinal diseases / Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Oxidative DNA damage and carcinogenesis / Jiang, L., Toyokuni, S. -- Plasma marker of oxidative stress in circulation and in tissue / Yamamoto, Y. -- Immunochemical detection of 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal-specific epitopes / Uchida, K. -- Carbon monoxide-dependent regulation of microvascular function : one gas regulates another / Suematsu, M., Kajimura, M., Kabe, Y. -- Nrf2-Keap1 signaling as a prime chemopreventive target for antioxidative and anti-inflammatory phytochemicals / Surh, Y.-J. -- Free radicals and gastric mucosal injury / Ock, C.Y. ... [et al.] -- Free radicals in helicobacter pylori infection / Suzuki, H. ... [et al.] -- Free radical and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug-induced small intestinal injury / Handa, O., Naito, Y. -- Free radicals in inflammatory bowel disease / Takagi, T., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Free radicals and chronic hepatitis C / Sakaida, I -- Free radicals and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease/nonalcoholic steatohepatitis / Sumida, Y., Naito, Y., Yoshikawa, T. -- Role of free radicals in pancreatitis / Hamada, S., Shimosegawa, T. -- Free radicals and cancer treatment / Kokura, S.
- Free-radical-induced DNA damage and its repair 2006, Springer
- Frege and the logic of sense and reference 2002, CRCnetBASE
- FRET and FLIM techniques 2009., ScienceDirect
- Freud on interpretation 2012, Springer"In its early days, some saw psychology as a substitute for religion. Others regarded it as a new religion in its own right. What was less obvious to most observers--and far less obvious today--were the roots of Freud's work in the ancient mystical teachings of the Middle East. A unique analysis, Freud on Interpretation examines the inner workings of his thought process and the rich mine of knowledge that led him toward his theories and therapies. In the beliefs of ancient Egypt, with its sexually ambiguous dieties, and ancient Israel, with its Biblical accounts of madness and feigned madness, are found surprising sources of inspiration for such core Freudian concepts as free association, dream interpretation, the psychosexual stages, the libido, and the unconscious. Psychoanalyis here is seen in its early growth stages, fed and nurtured by philosophers, scientists, and fearless mind explorers; and Freud is boldly synthesizing modes of knowledge from an age when science and superstition were rarely separate. This compelling volume: Overviews the pre-Freudian history of psychology in the writings of Herbart, Morel, and Krafft-Ebing; Probes Freud's interest in ancient Egyptian creation myths and the Kabbala, and their influence on his work; Explores the paradoxes inherent in the interpretation of the mind; Offers unique insights into the origins of the Rorschach test; Considers the real meaning behind Freud's self-identification as a determinist; Includes a listing of Freud's library of titles on ancient Egypt; Freud on Interpretation is stimulating reading for clinical psychologists and those interested in the intellectual and professional development of the master psychiatrist."--Publisher's website.
- From action to cognition 2007, ScienceDirectPt. I. The structuring of the brain -- Unaltered development of the archi- and neocortex in prematurely born infants: genetic control dominates in proliferation, differentiation and maturation of cortical neurons / H. Ábrahám ... [et al.] -- Subcortical regulation of cortical development: some effects of early, selective deprivations / G.M. Innocenti -- The mirror-neurons system: data and models / L. Craighero ... [et al.] -- Apraxia: a review / B. Petreska ... [et al.] -- Pt. II. The early development of perception and action -- Effects of early visual deprivation on perceptual and cognitive development / D. Maurer, C.J. Mondloch, T.L. Lewis -- Visual tracking and its relationship to cortical development / K. Rosander -- Visual and visuocognitive development in children born very prematurely / J. Atkinson, O. Braddick -- Development of brain mechanisms for visual global processing and object segmentation / O. Braddick, J. Atkinson -- How face specialization emerges in the first months of life / F. Simon ... [et al.] -- The early development of visual attention and its implications for social and cognitive development / S. Hunnius -- Pt. III. The development of action and cognition -- Visual constraints in the development of action / G. Savelsbergh ... [et al.] -- Object and event representation in toddlers / R. Keen, K. Shutts -- Learning and development in infant locomotion / S.E. Berger, K.E. Adolph -- Core Systems in human cognition / K.D. Kinzler, E.S. Spelke -- Taking an action perspective on infant's object representations / G. Gredebäck, C. von Hofsten -- Pt. IV. The development of action and social cognition -- Infants' perception and production of intentional actions / P. Hauf -- The role of behavioral cues in understanding goal-directed actions in infancy / S. Biro, G. Csibra, G. Gergely -- Seeing the face through the eyes: a developmental perspective on face expertise / T. Gliga, G. Csibra -- Past and present challenges in theory of mind research in nonhuman primates / J. Call -- Infancy and autism: progress, prospects, and challenges / M. Elasbbagh, M.H. Johnson -- Children-robot interaction: a pilot study in autism therapy / H. Kozima, C. Nakagawa, Y. Yasuda -- Pt. V. The development of artificial systems -- Sensorimotor coordination in a "baby" robot: learning about objects through grasping / L. Natale ... [et al.] -- Emergence and development of embodied cognition: a constructivist approach using robots / Y. Kuniyoshi ... [et al.].
- From animals to animats 10 2008, Springer
- From basic cardiac imaging to image fusion 2013, Springer
- From brains to systems 2011, SpringerIntroduction: From Brains to the Machines of the Future / Ricardo Sanz, Carlos Hernández and Jaime Gómez-Ramirez -- Emergent Feature Sensitivity in a Model of the Auditory Thalamocortical System / Martin Coath, Robert Mill, Susan L. Denham and Thomas Wennekers -- STDP Pattern Onset Learning Depends on Background Activity / James Humble, Steve Furber, Susan L. Denham and Thomas Wennekers -- Emergence of Small-World Structure in Networks of Spiking Neurons Through STDP Plasticity / Gleb Basalyga, Pablo M. Gleiser and Thomas Wennekers -- Coupling BCM and Neural Fields for the Emergence of Self-organization Consensus / Mathieu Lefort, Yann Boniface and Bernard Girau -- Alpha and Theta Rhythm Abnormality in Alzheimer's Disease: A Study Using a Computational Model / Basabdatta Sen Bhattacharya, Damien Coyle and Liam P. Maguire -- Oscillatory Neural Network for Image Segmentation with Biased Competition for Attention / Tapani Raiko and Harri Valpola -- Internal Simulation of Perceptions and Actions / Magnus Johnsson and David Gil -- Building Neurocognitive Networks with a Distributed Functional Architecture / Marmaduke Woodman, Dionysios Perdikis, Ajay S. Pillai, Silke Dodel and Raoul Huys, et al. -- Reverse Engineering for Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures: A Critical Analysis / Andreas Schierwagen -- Competition in High Dimensional Spaces Using a Sparse Approximation of Neural Fields / Jean-Charles Quinton, Bernard Girau and Mathieu Lefort -- Informational Theories of Consciousness: A Review and Extension / Igor Aleksander and David Gamez -- Hippocampal Categories: A Mathematical Foundation for Navigation and Memory / Jaime Gómez-Ramirez and Ricardo Sanz -- The Role of Feedback in a Hierarchical Model of Object Perception / Salvador Dura-Bernal, Thomas Wennekers and Susan L. Denham -- Machine Free Will: Is Free Will a Necessary Ingredient of Machine Consciousness? / Riccardo Manzotti -- Natural Evolution of Neural Support Vector Machines / Magnus Jändel -- Self-conscious Robotic System Design Process - From Analysis to Implementation / Antonio Chella, Massimo Cossentino and Valeria Seidita -- Simulating Visual Qualia in the CERA-CRANIUM Cognitive Architecture / Raúl Arrabales, Agapito Ledezma and Araceli Sanchis -- The Ouroboros Model, Selected Facets / Knud Thomsen.
- From cancer patient to cancer survivor 2006, NAPCancer survivors -- The medical and psychological concerns of cancer survivors after treatment -- Delivering cancer survivorship care -- Providers of survivorship care: their supply and education and training -- Employment, insurance, and economic issues -- Research.
- From fragments to objects 2001, ScienceDirectThe concept of an "object" in perception and cognition / Robert Schwartz -- Balls of wax and cans of worms : the early history of object perception / Margaret Atherton -- Perceptual unit formation in infancy / Martha E. Arterberry -- Perceptual units and their mapping with language / Barbara Landau -- An object substitution theory of visual masking / James T. Enns and Vincent Di Lollo -- Attention and unit formation : a biased competition account of object-based attention / Shaun P. Vecera and Marlene Behrmann -- Geometric and neural models of object perception / Philip J. Kellman, Sharon E. Guttman, and Thomas D. Wickens -- Varieties of grouping and its role in determining surface layout / Barbara Gillam -- Amodal completion : a case study in grouping / Allison B. Sekuler and Richard F. Murray -- Perceptual organization as generic object recognition / David W. Jacobs -- Simplicity, regularity, and perceptual interpretations : a structural information approach / Rob Van Lier -- Computational neural models of spatial integration in perceptual grouping / Heiko Neumann and Ennio Mingolla -- Part-based representations of visual shape and implications for visual cognition / Manish Singh and Donald D. Hoffman -- Gaze control for face learning and recognition by humans and machines / John Henderson ... [et al.] -- The visual interpretation of object and human movement / Maggie Shiffrar -- Contours from apparent motion : a computational theory / William Prophet, Donald Hoffman, and Carol Cicerone -- Breathing illusions and boundary formation in space-time / Nicola Bruno -- Perception of occluding and occluded objects over time : spatiotemporal segmentation and unit formation / Thomas F. Shipley and Douglas W. Cunningham.
- From innate immunity to immunological memory 2006, SpringerTLR signaling / S. Akira -- Dendritic cells : translating innate to adaptive immunity / R.M. Steinman and H. Hemmi -- Helper T cell-regulated B cell immunity / L.J. Mcheyzer-Williams, L.P. Malherbe, and M.G. McHeyzer-Williams -- T cell memory / J.T. Tan an C.D. Surh -- The privacy of T cell memory to viruses / R.M. Welsh ... [et al.] -- Enhancement of infectious disease vaccines through TLR9-dependent recognition of CpG DNA / M.J. McCluskie and A.M. Krieg.
- From local invasion to metastatic cancer 2009, Springer
- From melanocytes to melanoma 2006, SpringerThe origin and development of neural crest-derived melanocytes / Debra L. Silver and William J. Pavan -- MITF : a matter of life and death for the developing melanocytes / Heinz Arnheiter ... [et al.] -- MITF : critical regulator of the melanocyte lineage / Erez Feige, Laura L. Poling, and David E. Fisher -- Melanocytes and the transcription factor Sox10 / Michael Wegner -- Human cutaneous pigmentation : a collaborative act in the skin, directed by paracrine, autocrine, and endocrine factors and the environment / Zalfa A. Abdel-Malek and Ana Luisa Kadekaro -- Melanocyte distribution and function in human skin : effects of ultraviolet radiation / Yuji Yamaguchi and Vincent J. Hearing --Altered signal transduction in melanoma / Pablo López Bergami, Anindita Bhoumik, and Ze'ev Ronai -- BRN2 in melanocytic cell development, differentiation, and transformation / Anthony L. Cook ... [et al.] -- The dynamic roles of cell-surface receptors in melanoma development / Dong Fang and Meenhard Herlyn -- Familial melanoma genes, melanocyte immortalization, and melanoma initiation / Dorothy C. Bennett -- Genetic progression from melanocyte to malignant melanoma / Boris C. Bastian -- The multiple roles of the oncogenic protein SKI in human malignant melanoma / Dahu Chen ... [et al.] -- RB/E2F regulation and dual activity in the melanocytic system / Ruth Halaban -- Melanoma development and pigment cell transformation / Claudia Wellbrock -- The biology and genetics of melanoma / Norman E. Sharpless and Lynda Chin -- The biology of xeroderma pigmentosum : insights into the role of ultraviolet light in the development of melanoma / James E. Cleaver -- Divergent pathways to cutaneous melanoma / David C. Whiteman and Adéle C. Green -- Pigmentation, DNA repair, and candidate genes : the risk of cutaneous malignant melanoma in a mediterranean population / Maria Teresa Landi -- Low-penetrance genotypes, pigmentation phenotypes, and melanoma etiology / Peter A. Kanetsky and Timothy R. Rebbeck -- The biology of melanoma progression : from melanocyte to metastatic seeds / A. Neil Crowson, Cynthia Magro, and Martin C. Mihm, Jr. -- Optical imaging analysis of atypical nevi and melanoma / Amanda Pfaff Smith and Dorothea Becker -- Proteomics analysis of melanoma cell lines and cultured melanocytes / Katheryn A. Resing and Natalie G. Ahn --Paradigm of metastasis for malignant melanoma / Stanley P.L. Leong -- Repair of UV-induced DNA damage and melanoma risk / Qingyi Wei -- High risk factors for melanoma metastasis / Neil A. Accortt and Seng-jaw Soong -- Role of melanoma inhibitory activity in early development of malignant melanoma / Anja-Katrin Bosserhoff -- Role and regulation of PAR-1 in melanoma progression / Carmen Tellez and Menashe Bar-Eli -- Molecular mechanisms of melanoma metastasis / Mohammed Kashani-Sabet -- Overview of tumor progression in melanoma / David E. Elder -- The plasticity of melanoma cells and associated clinical implications / Mary J. C. Hendrix ... [et al.] -- The clinical use of molecular markers as predictors of disease outcome and response to therapy in malignant melanoma / Steve R. Martinez, Hiroya Takeuchi, Dave S.B. Hoon -- The role of DCT/TYRP2 in resistance of melanoma cells to drugs and radiation / Brian J. Pak and Yaacov Ben-David -- How melanoma cells evade chemotherapy : role of transporter-dependent and -independent resistance mechanisms / Kevin G. Chen and Michael M. Gottesman -- Apoptosis in melanoma: approaches to therapy / Heicke Röckmann and Dirk Schadendorf -- Role of melanoma-associated antigens / Rishab K. Gupta, Ana M. McElrath-Garza, and Donald L. Morton -- Host responses to melanoma : implications for immunotherapy / Julian A. Kim and Ernest Borden -- Future perspectives / Vincent J. Hearing and Stanley P.L. Leong.
- From molecular to modular tumor therapy 2010, Springer"The traditional problem of the poor presentability as well as diagnostic and therapeutic practicability of individual patient care is still unresolved. The present book aims at leading the reader (cancer researchers, pharmacologists, biologists) away-in a scientifically accessible manner-from the daily conflicts between theory and practice and between the generalized and individual tumor patient, so that more personalized diagnostic and therapeutic strategies can be developed for controlling metastatic tumor disease: First, recording the systems concept of tumor biology based on rather different sciences (biochemistry, cell biology, and medical oncology) including their potential contribution to communication, then, giving reductionistically derived systems features an internal communicative context (formal-pragmatic communication theory), and finally, binding the systems features to (tumor-immanent) evolutionary processes (modularity of biochemical and cellular processes, rationalization of biologic functions)"--Back cover.
- From molecules to networks 2004, ScienceDirectCellular components of nervous tissue / Patrick R. Hof, Bruce D. Trapp, Jean De Vellis, Luz Claudio and David R. Colman -- Subcellular organization of the nervous system : organelles and their functions / Scott T. Brady, David R. Colman and Peter J. Brophy -- Brain energy metabolism / Pierre J. Magistretti -- Electrotonic properties of axons and dendrites / Gordon M. Shepherd -- Membrane potential and action potential / David A. McCormick -- Molecular properties of ion channels / Lily Yeh Jan and Yuh Nung Jan -- Dynamical properties of excitable membranes / Douglas A. Baxter, Carmen C. Canavier and John H. Byrne -- Release of neurotransmitters / Robert S. Zucker, Dimitri M. Kullmann and Thomas L. Schwarz -- Pharmacology and biochemistry of synaptic transmission : classic transmitters / Ariel Y. Deutch and Robert H. Roth -- Nonclassic signaling in the brain / Ariel Y. Deutch and James L. Roberts -- Neurotransmitter receptors / M. Neal Waxham -- Intracellular signaling / Howard Schulman -- Regulation of neuronal gene expression and protein synthesis / James L. Roberts and James R. Lundblad -- Mathematical modeling and analysis of intracellular signaling pathways / Paul D. Smolen, John H. Byrne and Douglas A. Baxter -- Cell-cell communication : an overview emphasizing gap junctions / David C. Spray, Eliana Scemes, Renato Rozental and Rolf Dermietzel -- Postsynaptic potentials and synaptic integration / John H. Byrne -- Information processing in complex dendrites / Gordon M. Shepherd -- Learning and memory : basic mechanisms / Thomas H. Brown, John H. Byrne, Kevin S. LaBar, Joseph E. LeDoux, Derick H. Lindquist, Richard F. Thompson and Timothy J. Teyler.
- From neurology to methodology and back 2012, Springer
- From neuroscience to neurology 2005, ScienceDirect1. Seeing the brain so we can save it: the evolution of magnetic resonance imaging as a clinical tool -- 2. Advances in the acute treatment and secondary prevention of stroke -- 3. Preserving function in acute nervous system injury -- 4. Slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis -- 5. The Emergence of neurosurgical approaches to the treatment of epilepsy -- 6. The Neurobiology of migraine and transformation of headache therapy -- 7. Botulinum toxins: transformation of a toxin into a treatment -- 8. Prospects for slowing the progression of Parkinson's disease -- 9. Current neurosurgical treatments for Parkinson's disease: where did they come from? --10. Treatable peripheral neuropathies: plasma exchange, intravenous immunoglobulin, and other emerging therapies -- 11. Molecular pharmacology and the treatment of Tourette's syndrome and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder -- 12. Neuroscience, molecular medicine, and new approaches to the treatment of depression and anxiety -- 13. Genomics, proteomics, and neurology -- 14. Neuroprotection: where are we going? -- 15. Prospects for gene therapy for central nervous system disease -- 16. Therapeutics development for hereditary neurological diseases -- 17. Inherited channelopathies of the CNS: lessons for clinical neurology -- 18. Inherited channelopathies of muscle: implications for therapy -- 19. Transcriptional channelopathies of the nervous system: new targets for molecular medicine --20. New molecular targets for the treatment of neuropathic pain -- 21. Therapeutic transfer and regeneration of neural progenitors or neurons in gray matter of the adult brain -- 22. Cellular plasticity of the adult human brain -- 23. Harnessing endogenous stem cells for central nervous system repair -- 24. Neuropathies-translating causes into treatments -- 25. Therapeutic potential of neurotrophic factors -- 26. Promoting the regeneration of axons within the central nervous system -- 27. Alzheimer's disease: clinical features, neuropathological and biochemical abnormalities, genetics, models, and experimental therapeutics -- 28. Behavioral intervention and recovery from CNS damage -- 29. What functional brain imaging will mean for neurology.
- From nucleic acids sequences to molecular medicine 2012, Springer
- London apothecaries and other medical retailers / Patrick Wallis -- Medical advertising in the popular press / Louise Hill Curth -- Accessing drugs in the eighteenth century regions / Steve King -- "The doctor's shop" / Hilary Marland -- From "bespoke" to "off-the-peg" / Stuart Anderson -- "A cascade of medicine" / Judy Slinn.
- From protein structure to function with bioinformatics 2009, SpringerSection I:Generating and inferring structures.Ab Initio protein structure prediction /Jooyoung Lee,Sitao Wu,andYang Zhang ;Fold recognition /Lawrence A. Kelley ;Comparative protein structure modelling /András Fiser ;Membrane protein structure prediction /Timothy NugentandDavid T. Jones ;Bioinformatics approaches to the structure and function of intrinsically disordered proteins /Peter Tompa --Section II:From structure to functions.Function diversity within folds and superfamilies /Benoit H. DessaillyandChristine A. Orengo ;Predicting protein function from surface properties /Nicholas J. BurgoyneandRichard M. Jackson ;3D motifs /Elaine C. Meng,Benjamin J. Polacco,andPatricia C. Babbitt ;Protein dynamics: from structure to function /Marcus B. Kubitzki,Bert L. de Groot,andDaniel Seeliger ;Integrated servers for structure-informed function prediction /Roman A. Laskowski ;Case studies: Function predictions of structural genomics results /James D. WatsonandJanet M. Thornton ;Prediction of protein function from theoretical models /Iwona A. Cymerman,Daniel J. Rigden,andJanusz M. Bujnicki.
- From research to manuscript. 2nd ed. 2009, Springer
- From signals to colours 2008, Springer
- Front line surgery 2011, Springer
- Frontal sinus 2005, Springer
- Overview of mechanisms of resistance to anticancer agents / Michael P. Draper ... [et al.] -- Development of resistance to anticancer agents / David E. Modrak, Graham Jones, and Michael P. Draper -- The birth of the alliance for the prudent use of antibiotics (apua) / Ellen Koenig -- Alliance for the prudent use of antibiotics: scientific vision and public mission / Kathleen T. Young and Thomas F. O'Brien -- Antimicrobial use in animals in the United States: developments in policy and practice / Stephen J. DeVincent and Christina Viola -- From perplexing proteins to paratek pharmaceuticals: one scientific front forged / by Stuart B. Levy / Mark L. Nelson and S. Ken Tanaka.Phenicol resistance / Stefan Schwarz and David G. White -- Multiple antimicrobial resistance / Anthony M. George -- Metal resistance loci of bacterial pathogens / Anne O. Summers -- Biocides and resistance / Bonnie Marshall, Laura M. McMurry, and Merri C. Moken -- The nexus of oxidative stress responses and antibiotic resistance mechanisms in escherichia coli and salmonella / Bruce Demple -- The mar locus / Thamarai Schneiders, Herbert Haechler, and William Yan -- The mar regulon / Teresa M. Barbosa and Pablo J. Pomposiello -- Identification of mar mutants among clinical bacterial isolates / JoAnn Dzink-Fox and Margret Oethinger -- Structure and function of mara and its homologs / Robert G. Martin and Judah L. Rosner -- Function and structure of marr family members / Michael N. Alekshun and James F. Head -- Role, structure, and function of multidrug efflux pumps in gram-negative bacteria / Hiroshi Nikaido -- Role of multidrug efflux pumps in gram-positive bacteria / Glenn W. Kaatz -- Advances in vancomycin resistance: research in staphylococcus aureus / Keiichi Hiramatsu ... [et al.] -- Enterococcus / Roland Leclercq and Patrice Courvalin -- Streptococcus pneumoniae / Joyce Sutcliff and Marilyn C. Roberts -- Helicobacter and campylobacter / Patrick F. McDermott and Diane E. Taylor -- Anaerobes / Isabelle Podglajen, Jacques Breuil, and Ekkehard Collatz -- Pseudomonas aeruginosa / Keith Poole -- Antibiotic resistance in salmonella and shigella / E. J. Threlfall -- Antibiotic resistance in escherichia coli / Mark A. Webber and Laura J. V. Piddock -- Epidemiology and treatment options for select community-acquired and nosocomial antimicrobial-resistant pathogens / John E. Gustafson and John D. Goldman -- Drug-resistant falciparum malaria: mechanisms, consequences, and challenges / Karen Hayton ... [et al.] -- Antimicrobial susceptibility testing of bacterial agents of bioterrorism: strategies and considerations / Fred C. Tenover -- Fitness traits in soil bacteria / Fabrice N. Gravelat, Stephen R. Strain, and Mark W. Silby -- Ecology of antibiotic resistance genes / Abigail A. Salyers, Hera Vlamakis, and Nadja B. Shoemaker -- Resistance in the food chain and in bacteria from animals: relevance to human infections / Vincent Perreten -- Antimicrobial use in plant agriculture / Anne K. Vidaver --Tetracycline resistance: efflux, mutation, and other mechanisms / Frederic M. Sapunaric, Mila Aldema-Ramos, and Laura M. McMurry -- Tetracycline resistance due to ribosomal protection proteins / Marilyn C. Roberts -- Discovery and industrialization of therapeutically important tetracyclines / Mark L. Nelson and Steven J. Projan -- Fluoroquinolone resistance / Jordi Vila -- [beta]-lactam resistance in the 21st century / George Jacoby and Karen Bush -- Macrolide, lincosamide, streptogramin, ketolide, and oxazolidinone resistance / Marilyn C. Roberts and Joyce Sutcliff -- Aminoglycoside resistance mechanisms / David D. Boehr, Ian Moore, and Gerard D. Wright -- Glycopeptide resistance in enterococci / Florence Depardieu and Patrice Courvalin --
- Frontiers in biochip technology 2006, SpringerFulltext MyiLibrary
- Frontiers in brain repair 2010, SpringerIn vivo imaging of cellular transplants / Justin Chan ... [et al.] -- Culture and manipulation of neural stem cells / Jennifer Katz, Bryan Keenan, and Evan Y. Snyder -- Animal models of neurological disease / Amol Shah ... [et al.] -- Stem cell transplantation methods / Kimberly D. Tran, Allen L. Ho and Rahul Jandial -- Stem cell origin of brain tumors / Dawn Waters, Ben Newman, and Michael L. Levy -- The tumor microenvironment / Lissa Baird and Alexey Terskikh -- Exploitation of genetically modified neural stem cells for neurological disease / Allen L. Ho, Sassan Keshavarzi, and Michael L. Levy -- Biological horizons for targeting brain malignancy / Samuel A. Hughes .. [et al.] -- Stem cells in the treatment of stroke / Klaudia Urbaniak Hunter, Chester Yarbrough, and Joseph Ciacci -- Gene- and cell-based approaches for neurodegenerative disease / Klaudia Urbaniak Hunter, Chester Yarbrough, and Joseph Ciacci.
- Frontiers in celiac disease 2008, KargerHistorical perspective of celiac disease / Guandalini, S. -- Natural history of celiac disease / Kaukinen, K.; Collin, P.; Mäki, M. -- The changing clinical presentation of celiac disease / Lebenthal, E.; Shteyer, E.; Branski, D. -- The global village of celiac disease / Catassi, C.; Yachha, S.K. -- HLA and non-HLA genes in celiac disease / Zhernakova, A.; Wijmenga, C. -- Twins and family contribution to genetics of celiac disease / Greco, L.; Stazi, M.A.; Clerget-Darpoux, F. -- Biochemistry and biological properties of gliadin peptides / Barone, M.V.; Auricchio, S. -- Innate immunity and celiac disease / Meresse, B. ... [et al.] -- Celiac disease: across the threshold of tolerance / Koning, F. -- The role of the intestinal barrier function in the pathogenesis of celiac disease / Fasano, A.; Schulzke, J.D. -- Diagnosis of coeliac disease: open questions / Auricchio, R.; Troncone, R. -- Current guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of celiac disease / Caicedo, R.A.; Hill, I.D. -- Current therapy / Stern, M. -- Update on the management of refractory coeliac disease / Al-toma, A.; Verbeek, W.H.M.; Mulder, C.J.J. -- The National Institutes of Health consensus conference report / Cohen, M.B.; Barnard, J.A. -- Beyond coeliac disease toxicity: detoxified and non-toxic grains / Gilissen, L.J.W.J.; van der Meer, I.M.; Smulders, M.J.M. -- Oral glutenase therapy for celiac sprue / Ehren, J.; Khosla, C. -- Inhibitors of intestinal barrier dysfunction / Paterson, B.M.; Turner, J.R. -- Development of a vaccine for celiac disease / Anderson, R.P. -- Regulatory T cells in the coeliac intestinal mucosa: a new perspective for treatment? / Gianfrani, C. ... [et al.] -- Strategies for prevention of celiac disease / Hogen Esch, C.E. ... [et al.] -- Towards preventing celiac disease: an epidemiological approach / Ivarsson, A.; Myléus, A.; Wall, S. -- Animal models of celiac disease / Marietta, E.V.; Murray J.A.; David C.S.
- Frontiers in chemical sensors 2005, Springer
- Frontiers in clinical neuroscience Lane Catalog record
- Frontiers in eating and weight regulation 2010, Karger"The development of effective preventive and therapeutic measures to control eating and body weight involves basic physiology as well as cognitive and social psychology. The potential of molecular genetics to illuminate brain-behavior relationships became apparent with the discovery of the leptin gene in 1994. At present, molecular methodologies are being integrated with other physiological approaches, resulting in a number of options from which effective therapeutic strategies may evolve. This book highlights this exciting juncture: Fifteen leading experts present brief descriptions of some of the latest developments of the physiology of eating and weight regulation, ranging from endocrine and neural controls to genetics and functional brain imaging. These Frontier chapters are preceded by a general overview that provides requisite background on the physiology of eating as well as a conceptual framework for the Frontier chapters."--Publisher's description.
- Fabry disease ..........................
- — First aid for the medicine clerkship....
- First aid for the obstetrics & gyneco...
- — Food, diet and obesity .................
- Food-borne parasitic zoonoses ..........
- — Frontiers in eating and weight regula...
- Frontiers in research of the renin-an...
- — Fuzzy expert systems and fuzzy reason...
- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- AAP Red Book Online
- Robbins & Cotran Pathologic Basis of Disease
- Sabiston Textbook of Surgery
- Nelson's Textbook of Pediatrics
- Surgical Exposures in Orthopaedics
- Mandell, Douglas, & Bennett's Principles & Practice of Infectious Diseases
- Red Book Online
- ICU Book
- Primary Care Medicine
- Campbell-Walsh Urology
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Can't find it?
- Springer Protocols
- MD Consult
- Lange Series
- National Academy Press
- NCBI Bookshelf
- Thieme Atlases
Editor: Jianfang, Zhang
Translated & Donated by Muoi Arnold and Keith Arnold former Stanford faculty