- Alam, Daniel S.
- Steven Hayes, PhD.In this first video of the ACT in Action series, you will meet Steven Hayes, PhD, founder of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), who will guide you through the core processes and principles used in this evidence-based approach. Hayes first works with Jerry, a man suffering from significant social anxiety who has very little access to his emotions. Using the concept of creative hopelessness, he helps Jerry drop into his feelings and sensations and begin to more deeply engage in the work of therapy. You'll get to watch several ACT therapists demonstrate techniques and interventions used in the opening stages of therapy with a variety of clients, including a young mother struggling with anxiety and depression, a teacher with panic disorder and a woman who suffers from chronic pain. Offering commentary throughout, Hayes illustrates the key concepts of ACT as they are unfolding moment-to-moment in these riveting therapy sessions. Watch later volumes of this ACT in Action series to learn the many techniques that support the ACT principles of mindfulness, acceptance, cognitive defusion, valued living, and others. Keywords: ACT, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Steven Hayes, facing the struggle, creative hopelessness, act in action series, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Bernard, Rebecca S.; Shaw, Richard J.
- Rhine, William D.; Wayman, Karen I.
- Antonelli, Richard C.
- Evan Imber-Black, PhD.Most families have secrets, handed down from generation to generation like "booby-trapped heirlooms" waiting to explode. Secrets have far-reaching implications for families, setting the stage for a tense emotional climate of guardedness, anger, and reactivity. In this illuminating video, Evan Imber-Black, an expert on rituals, larger systems, and family secrets, speaks to viewers about the implications of secrets, and presents techniques for ushering families through the process of identifying, understanding, and resolving secrets. Imber-Black leads a moving series of reenacted family therapy sessions to illustrate the important stages of helping families to uncover their shrouded pasts. Keywords: family, secrets, Evan, Imber-Black, purchase, online, children, parents, psychotherapist, counselor, continuing education, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Kenneth V. Hardy, PhD.For Kenneth Hardy, it is imperative to move therapy beyond a strict individualistic approach, focusing instead on how clients influence and are influenced by their relationships and larger social contexts. In this video, Hardy works with a client who's efforts to avoid conflict have the unintended effect of increasing tension and creating a rift in his marriage. He urges the client to express his feelings to his wife directly, bringing to light deep fears of revealing his anger and receiving disapproval. Hosts Jon Carlson and Diane Kjos introduce Dr. Hardy and facilitate an enlightening discussion, highlighting the relational and contextual aspects of the case. Keywords: Kenneth, Hardy, family, systems, therapy, culture, diversity, context, experts, expert, video, videos, series, session, ce, continuing, education, course, credit, psychotherapist, counselor, social, worker, psychologist, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Kaplan, Lee M.
- Johnstone, Noelle; Musick, Matthew.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyLawrence R. Goodman.The radiographic examination : the basics -- Cross-sectional imaging techniques -- The normal chest x-ray : reading like the pros -- Chest CT : putting it all together -- Lobar anatomy -- The silhouette sign -- The air bronchogram sign -- Signs of lung and lobar collapse -- Patterns of lung disease -- Understanding the mediastinum -- The pleural and extrapleural spaces -- Cardiovascular disease.
- 2007 NEJMNg, Linda; Ortega, Rafael A.; Sekhar, Pavan; Song, Michael.N Engl J Med. 2008-04-03; 358(14):e15[video]
- Lenore Walker, EdD.Lenore Walker believes that it is important to empathize not only with clients' problems, but also with their strengths, and that many female clients have never had their strengths valued. Walker's feminist approach incorporates a focus on how a client's social context contributes to her problem and puts importance on maintaining an even power balance between the therapist and the client. In this video, Walker works with a woman who is in the final stages of divorce from a man that abused her. Walker demonstrates how to ask direct questions about the abuse without overwhelming her client. In addition, Walker focuses on her client's accomplishments and the importance of keeping safe even though her ex-husband is now out of the house. Jon Carlson and Diane Kjos introduce Walker and facilitate a discussion on the approach. Keywords: feminist, therapy, domestic, violence, counseling, abusive, abuse, abused, woman, Lenore Walker, survivor, victim, counselor, dv, psychotherapist, social worker, psychologist, continuing education, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Eisenberg, Michael L.; Westphal, Lynn M.
- Blackburn, Brian; Koontz, Zach.
- Chakravarty, Eliza; Di Giulio, Daniel B.; Miller, Jared; Petersdorf, Robert G.; Wunderlich, C. A.
- 2011 NEJMHeidegger, Thomas.N Engl J Med. 2011-05-19 ; 364(20):e42[video]"This video will demonstrate a nasal approach in an awake patient with a difficult airway and will also demonstrate an oral technique in an anesthetized patient whose . . ."--Website.
- Rosen, Glenn D.
- Gotlib, Jason; Schrier, Stanley L.A film memoir conceived at the 50th Society of Hematology Meeting in San Francisco celebration honoring Dr. Stanley Schrier for his fifty years at Sanford and his 80th birthday in 2008.
- Grainger-Monsen, Maren.
- Koltai, Peter J.
- Fisher, Paul G.
- Liang, Matthew H.; Weyand, Cornelia M.Program begins at: 00:04:42 with a synopsis of Dr. Holman's life and accomplishments given by Cornelia Weyand, MD, Chief, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology. Dr. Liang's talk begins at 00:12:13.
- Myers, Jonathan.
- Spiekerkoetter, Edda.
- 2016 ClinicalKey[edited by] Fu-Chan Wei, Samir Mardini.Problem analysis in reconstructive surgery : reconstructive ladders, elevators, and surgical judgment -- Classification of flaps -- Considerations in flap selection -- Emerging technology in reconstructive surgery -- Prefabrication and prelamination -- Tissue engineering -- Percutaneous aponeurotomy and lipofilling (palf) : a regenerative alternative to the flap -- Lymphedema : microsurgical reconstruction -- Robotic applications in plastic and reconstructive surgery -- Clinical anatomy of the head and neck, and recipient vessel selection -- Clinical anatomy and recipient vessel selection in the chest, abdomen, groin, and back -- Clinical anatomy and recipient vessel selection in the upper extremity -- Clinical anatomy and recipient vessel selection and exposure in the lower extremity -- Head and neck reconstruction -- Facial reanimation : evolution and refinements -- Breast reconstruction -- Chest and back reconstruction -- Abdominal wall reconstruction -- Pelvic and urogenital reconstruction -- Upper extremity reconstruction -- Adult brachial plexus injury (a-bpi) reconstruction -- Lower extremity reconstruction -- Functional muscle transfers for various purposes -- Nerves -- Vessels -- Thinning and tailoring -- Avoiding complications -- Flap re-exploration and salvage -- Postoperative care -- Reconstructive options following flap failure -- Local flaps in the head and neck : forehead, famm, submental, nasolabial and cervicofacial flaps -- Temporoparietal fascia flap -- Supraclavicular artery flap -- Pectoralis major flap -- Deltopectoral flap and internal mammary artery perforator flap -- Omentum, superior epigastric, and external/internal oblique flaps -- Rectus abdominis flap -- Jejunum flap -- Trapezius flap -- Scapular and parascapular flaps -- Latissimus dorsi flap -- Iliac flap -- Groin flap and superficial circumflex iliac artery perforator flap -- Gluteus flap -- Pedicled flaps of the hand -- Lateral arm flap -- Radial forearm flap -- Local flaps in the foot -- Gracilis flap -- Gastrocnemius flap -- Soleus flap -- Fibula flap -- Glabrous skin flaps -- Toe flaps and toe transplantation -- Medial femoral condyle and descending genicular artery perforator flaps -- Perforator flaps in the lateral thoracic region -- Deep and superficial inferior epigastric artery perforator flaps -- Superior and inferior gluteal artery perforator flaps -- Anterolateral and anteromedial thigh flaps -- Tensor fascia lata flap -- Posterior tibial artery perforator flap -- Free-style flaps -- Starting a reconstructive transplantation program -- Face transplantation -- Hand and upper extremity transplantation -- Laryngeal, abdominal wall, and uterus transplantation -- Immunology and research in reconstructive transplantation -- Peripheral nerve allotransplantation.
- Ghajar, Jam.
- Nadeau, Kari C.
- Fitzgerald, C. George."Presented by the Stanford Spiritual Care Program. Maintaining our quality of life as we age means expanding our spiritual and emotional horizons even as we optimize our physical health. The staff chaplains of Stanford Hospital and Clinics will share their learning and reflections, teach nurturing life practices and facilitate conversations filled with meaning"--Website.
- Kerner, John A.
- Stirling, John.
- Winslow, Dean L.
- Fuster, Valentin.Includes announcement of Internal Medicine Chief Residents for 2014-2015: JimBoonyaratanakornit (MD/PhD, UCSF), Iris Ma (MD, UCSF) and Akanksha Thakur (MD, Case Western).
- Shah, Bimal.
- Horwitz, Ralph I.
- Ahmed, Bilal.Describes how good observational methods at the bedside helped to diagnose hypo-cupremic myelopathy due to excessive zinc intake from intensive use of denture cream.
- Reaven, Gerald M.
- Musen, Mark A.
- Singer, Peter A.
- Peterson, Josh F.
- Yock, Torunn I.
- Moss, Richard B.
- "Future Medicine Ltd has developed an innovative publishing portfolio to reflect the advances in postgenomic medicine and to guide best clinical practice in modern medicine."--Publisher's website.
- Hakonarson, Hakon.
- Von Gunten, Charles F.
- Guttmacher, Alan E.
- Utz, Paul J.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.