- Psaltis, Alkis.
- Quagliarello, Vincent.
- Rizk, Norman W.
- Winslow, Dean L.
- Wachter, Robert M.
- Koehler, Jane E.
- 2010 ClinicalKey[edited by] Tommaso Falcone, Jeffrey M. Goldberg ; illustrated by Joe Chovan.Abdominal wall and pelvic anatomy for laparoscopists / Tommaso Falcone, Richard L. Drake, and William W. Hurd -- Indications and contraindications for laparoscopy / Jeffrey M. Goldberg -- Trocar insertion : choosing the appropriate position and techniques for placement / Minita S. Patel and Paul Tulikangas -- Instrumentation and energy sources utilized during laparoscopic procedures / Jeffrey M. Goldberg and Andrew Brill -- Techniques for laparoscopic suturing / Kevin J. Stepp and Sarah Kane -- Laparoscopic management of adnexal masses / Richard D. Drake and Tommaso Falcone -- Indications and techniques for laparoscopic myomectomy / Devorah Wieder, Jeffrey M. Goldberg, and Tommaso Falcone -- Indications and techniques for total and subtotal laparoscopic hysterectomy / Beri Ridgeway and Tommaso Falcone -- Laparoscopic tubal surgery / Jeffrey M. Goldberg -- Laparoscopic surgery for mullerian anomalies, incompetent cervix, and ovarian transposition / Marjan Attaran, Mohamed A. Bedaiwy, and Tommaso Falcone -- Indications and techniques for laparoscopic management of pelvic endometriosis / Amy J. Park, Jeffrey M. Goldberg, and Tommaso Falcone -- Laparoscopic treatment of pelvic pain / Jeffrey M. Goldberg -- Robotic surgery / Gouri B. Diwadkar and Tommaso Falcone -- Laparoscopic and robotic advances in gynecologic malignancies / Amanda Nickles Fader ... [et al.] -- Complications of laparoscopic surgery / Jeffrey M. Goldberg, Chi Chiung Grace Chen, and Tommaso Falcone.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyAbul K. Abbas, Andrew H. Lichtman, Shiv Pillai ; Illustrations by David L. Baker, Alexandra Baker.Introduction to the immune system : nomenclature, general properties, and components -- Innate immunity : the early defense against infections -- Antigen capture and presentation to lymphocytes : what lymphocytes see -- Antigen recognition in the adaptive immune system : structure of lymphocyte antigen receptors and development of immune repertoires -- T cell-mediated immunity : activation of t lymphocytes by cell-associated antigens -- Effector mechanisms of t cell-mediated immunity : functions of t cells in host defense -- Humoral immune responses : activation of b lymphocytes and production of antibodies -- Effector mechanisms of humoral immunity : elimination of extracellular microbes and toxins -- Immunological tolerance and autoimmunity : self-nonself discrimination in the immune system and its failure -- Immune responses against tumors and transplants : immunity to noninfectious transformed and foreign cells -- Hypersensitivity : disorders caused by immune responses -- Congenital and acquired immunodeficiencies : diseases caused by defective immunity.
- 2006 NEJMBarclay, Derek A.; Setnik, Gary S.; Thomsen, Todd W.N Engl J Med. 2006-10-26; 355(17):e18[video]
- 2008 NEJMFitch, Michael T.; Manthey, David E.; McGinnis, Henderson D.; Nicks, Bret A.; Pariyadath, Manoj.N Engl J Med. 2008-12-25; 359(26):e32[video]
- Bates, Barbara.Abdomen -- Breast and axillae -- Cardiovascular: neck vessels and heart -- Cardiovascular: peripheral vascular system -- Female genitalia, anus, and rectum -- Head, eyes and ears -- Male genitalia, rectum and hernias -- Musculoskeletal system -- Neurologic: motor system & reflexes -- Neurologic: cranial nerves and sensory system -- Nose, mouth and neck -- Thorax & lungs.
- Erik Sween, PsyD.This video presents the insider's story of student therapists during their internship or practicum year. What's it like seeing your first clients? How do you handle making mistakes? How do you get the most out of Supervision? Five beginning therapists describe the challenges and the important turning points they experienced during their first year of seeing clients. Students will welcome this video for its honesty and instructors will appreciate it for raising key issues and generating classroom discussion. This 25-minute format is ideal for classroom use. Designed for students just starting Practicum or Internship, this video provides an invaluable resource for Faculty, Libraries, and Supervisors in graduate programs in Counseling, Social Work, and Psychology. Keywords: intern, trainee, training, beginning, beginner, internship, interns, trainees, practicum, first client, Sween, Erik Sween, confidence, supervision, Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- 2015by Paul Kalanithi ; photography by Gregg Segal.Stanf Med. 2015 spring; 32(1):24-7Also available: Print – 2015
- Wolfe, Nathan D.
- Powell, Lynda H.
- Richard Stuart, DSW.Stuart utilizes basic principles of Behavioral Therapy to empower clients to change their own behaviors and develop insight and understanding into how what they do influences the behavior of others. In this video, Stuart works with Adele and Wesley, a couple with many elements of a successful marriage but struggling to find a way to stay together. While issues from her past trouble Adele, Wesley feels hurt and rejected and does not know how to recapture his loving feelings for his wife. Using information derived from a brief developmental history as well as pre-session questionnaires, Stuart is able to quickly dive into the language and metaphor of each client-using anecdotes and personal stories to reflect his understanding. He then moves on to identify each of their primary concerns, and reframe their understanding of problematic behaviors. After negotiating strategies for achieving a mutually desired solution, the clients are then asked to engage in specific behavioral changes that can be evaluated the following week. Consistently focusing on their strengths and the positive aspects of their marriage, Stuart helps the couple re-commit to each other in order to successfully undertake the behavioral changes asked for. Keywords: couples, family, cognitive, intimacy, spark, relationship, relationships, cognitive-behavioral, behavior, behavioural, behaviour Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyedited by Carin A. Hagberg.Enhance your airway management skills and overcome clinical challenges with Benumof and Hagberg's Airway Management, 3rd Edition. Trusted by anesthesiologists, residents, and nurse anesthetists, this one-of-a-kind anesthesiology reference offers expert, full-color guidance on pre- and post-intubation techniques and protocols, from equipment selection through management of complications. Practice with confidence by consulting the only reference exclusively dedicated to airway management, and trusted by anesthesiologists, residents, and nurse anesthetists for up-to-date information on every aspect of the field. Focus on the most essential and practical information with a concise, how-to approach, carefully chosen illustrations, and case examples and analysis throughout.
- Benzel's Spine surgery : techniques, complication avoidance, and management. Fourth edition. [4th ed.]2017 ClinicalKey[edited by] Edward C. Benzel, Michael P. Steinmetz.
- 2007Atul Gawande.Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog RecordThe struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives are on the line with every decision. Author Gawande explores how doctors strive to close the gap between best intentions and best performance in the face of obstacles that sometimes seem insurmountable. Gawande's stories take us to battlefield surgical tents in Iraq, to labor and delivery rooms in Boston, to a polio outbreak in India, and to malpractice courtrooms around the country. He discusses the ethical dilemma of lethal injections, examines the influence of money on modern medicine, and recounts the contentious history of hand washing. And he gives us an inside look at his own life as a practicing surgeon, offering a firsthand account of a field where mistakes are both unavoidable and unthinkable.--From publisher description.
- Papadatou, Danai.
- Fearon, William F.
- Koltai, Peter J.
- Kohane, Isaac S.
- Hu, Frank B.
- Ashley, Euan A.
- Strehlow, Matthew.
- Ganounl, Pejman.
- Bernstein, Ari.
- Rameau, Anaïs.
- Kuo, Calvin Jay.
- Quon, Andrew.
- Lowe, Anson W.; Chen, Ann.
- Komaroff, Anthony L.
- A query-oriented data management system developed jointly by the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL).
- Johnson, Kevin B.
- Balise, Raymond R.
- Satir, Virginia.Golden Triad Films is proud to present Virginia Satir, a family therapist, interviewing a a blended family with a troubled boy. A family composed of a stepfather, a mother, and her two children.
- Video search engine.
- 2009 NEJMBrown, Stacey M.; Conlin, Paul R.; Williams, Jonathan S.N Engl J Med. 2009-01-29; 360(5):e6[video]
- Chang, Tara I.
- Goodnough, Lawrence Tim.
- 2017 ClinicalKeyeditor-in-chief, William R. Jarnigan ; associate editors, Peter J. Allen, William C. Chapman, Michael I. D'Angelica, Ronald P. DeMatteo, Richard Kinh Gian Do, Jean-Nicolas Vauthey ; editor emeritus, Leslie H. Blumgart.
- Carragee, Eugene.
- Williams, Sarah R.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyedited by Jeffery S. Orringer, Jeffrey S. Dover, Murad Alam.Improve your technique, treat patients with confidence, and obtain optimal results using today's most advanced body shaping treatments with guidance from Body Shaping: Skin, Fat and Cellulite, a volume in the Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series. Renowned cosmetic dermatologists-Drs. Orringer, Alam, and Dover-provide you with procedural how-to's and step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade, equipping you to successfully incorporate the very latest for skin tightening, fat reduction, and sculpting procedures into your busy practice!
- Wu, Joy.
- Gordon, Catherine M.
- 2009 NEJMBraner, Dana A.V; Joshi, Sarita; Lai, Susanna; Malempati, Suman; Tegtmeyer, Ken.N Engl J Med. 2009-10-08; 361(15):e28[video]This video will demonstrate the procedure for bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy from the posterior iliac crest. Obtaining a bone marrow aspirate and core biopsy is often necessary when evaluating a patient who has a hematologic abnormality. Examining bone marrow is also useful in the diagnosis of metastatic spread of nonhematologic malignancies and to diagnose metabolic disorders.
- Mitchell, Beverly S.
- Miklos, David B.
- Widdison, Julie; Williams, Sarah R.
- Grover, Casey A.
- 2013 ClinicalKeyedited by Alastair Carruthers, Jean Carruthers.Botulinum Toxin, a volume in the Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology Series, helps you keep up with the growing demand for non-invasive procedures and provide the optimum results your patients expect. Evidence-based, procedural how-to's and step-by-step advice on proper techniques, pitfalls, and tricks of the trade equip you to successfully incorporate the very latest botulinum injection techniques into your busy practice! Offer your patients the best care and avoid pitfalls. Evidence-based findings and practical tips equip you with the knowledge you need to recommend and discuss the most effective treatment options with your patients. Know how to vary your technique for patients with darker skin types, and learn alternate approaches used internationally. Expand your repertoire and refine your skills with a wealth of color illustrations, photographs, and procedural videos depicting cases as they appear in practice.
- Philip Guerin, MD.Pam is a 32-year-old woman who lives at home with her parents, Adrian and Judy, and doesn't have many friends. She clearly has some sort of developmental disability, but Adrian and Judy don't understand why Pam is so angry and uncommunicative. In fact, Pam says she doesn't even understand why she behaves the way she does. In this live family therapy session, Dr. Guerin helps this befuddled family gain more understanding and clarity, while shining a light on the underlying anger, fear, and sadness that reside beneath the surface not only in Pam, but in her parents as well. In this video, Guerin skillfully demonstrates ways to engage a closed family system, while highlighting several key principles of Bowenian therapy, including: establishing therapeutic safety and connection with each family member; lowering anxiety; utilizing process questions; neutralizing dysfunctional triangles in the family system; and offering relationship experiments. Part of the 10-Video series: Family Therapy with the Experts. Keywords: Guerin, Bowen, bowenian, learning, developmental, adoption, adopted, genogram, structure, structural, systems, family, anger, frustration, Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyedited by David X. Cifu ; associate editors, Darryl L. Kaelin, Karen J. Kowalske, Henry L. Lew, Michelle A. Miller, Kristjan T. Ragnarsson, Gregory Worsowicz.
- 2016 ClinicalKey[edited by] Robert B. Daroff, Joseph Jankovic, John C. Mazziotta, Scott L. Pomeroy.Diagnosis of neurological disease -- Episodic impairment of consciousness -- Falls and drop attacks -- Delirium -- Stupor and coma -- Brain death, vegetative state, and minimally conscious states -- Intellectual and memory impairments -- Global developmental delay and regression -- Behavior and personality disturbances -- Depression and psychosis in neurological practice -- Limb apraxias and related disorders -- Agnosias -- Aphasia and aphasic syndromes -- Dysarthria and apraxia of speech -- Neurogenic dysphagia -- Visual loss -- Abnormalities of the optic nerve and retina -- Pupillary and eyelid abnormalities -- Disturbances of smell and taste -- Cranial and facial pain -- Brainstem syndromes -- Ataxic and cerebellar disorders -- Diagnosis and assessment of Parkinson disease and other movement disorders -- Gait disorders -- Hemiplegia and monoplegia -- Paraplegia and spinal cord syndromes -- Proximal, distal, and generalized weakness -- Muscle pain and cramps -- Hypotonic (floppy) infant -- Sensory abnormalities of the limbs, trunk, and face -- Arm and neck pain -- Lower back and lower limb pain -- Laboratory investigations in diagnosis and management of neurological disease -- Electroencephalography and evoked potentials -- Clinical electromyography -- Neuromodulation and transcranial magnetic stimulation -- Deep brain stimulation -- Intraoperative monitoring -- Structural imaging using magnetic resonance imaging and computed tomography -- Vascular imaging : computed tomographic angiography, magnetic resonance angiography, and ultrasound -- Functional neuroimaging : functional magnetic resonance imaging, positron emission tomography, and single-photon emission computed tomography -- Chemical imaging : ligands and pathology-seeking agents -- Neuropsychology -- Neuro-ophthalmology : ocular motor system -- Neuro-ophthalmology : afferent visual system -- Neuro-otology : diagnosis and management of neuro-otological disorders -- Neurourology -- Sexual dysfunctions in neurological disorders -- Neuroepidemiology -- Clinical neurogenetics -- Neuroimmunology -- Neuroendocrinology -- Management of neurological disease -- Principles of pain management -- Principles of neurointensive care -- Principles of neurointerventional therapy -- Neurological rehabilitation -- Neurological complications of systemic disease : adults -- Neurological complications of systemic disease : children -- Basic neuroscience of neurotrauma -- Sports and performance concussion -- Craniocerebral trauma -- Spinal cord trauma -- Trauma of the nervous system : peripheral nerve trauma -- Ischemic cerebrovascular disease -- Intracerebral hemorrhage -- Intracranial aneurysms and subarachnoid hemorrhage -- Stroke in children -- Spinal cord vascular disease -- Central nervous system vasculitis -- Epidemiology of brain tumors -- Pathology and molecular genetics -- Clinical features of brain tumors and complications of their treatment -- Primary nervous system tumors in adults -- Primary nervous system tumors in infants and children -- Nervous system metastases -- Neurological manifestations of human immunodeficiency virus infection in adults -- Viral encephalitis and meningitis -- Bacterial, fungal and parasitic diseases of the nervous system -- Multiple sclerosis and other inflammatory demyelinating diseases of the central nervous system -- Paraneoplastic disorders of the nervous system -- Autoimmune encephalitis with antibodies to cell surface antigens -- Anoxic-ischemic encephalopathy -- Toxic and metabolic encephalopathies -- Deficiency diseases of the nervous system -- Effects of toxins and physical agents on the nervous system -- Effects of drug abuse on the nervous system -- Brain edema and disorders of cerebrospinal fluid circulation -- Developmental disorders of the nervous system -- Autism and other developmental disabilities -- Inborn errors of metabolism and the nervous system -- Neurodegenerative disease processes -- Mitochondrial disorders -- Prion diseases -- Alzheimer disease and other dementias -- Parkinson disease and other movement disorders -- Disorders of the cerebellum, including the degenerative ataxias -- Disorders of upper and lower motor neurons -- Channelopathies : episodic and electrical disorders of the nervous system -- Neurocutaneous syndromes -- Epilepsies -- Sleep and its disorders -- Headache and other craniofacial pain -- Cranial neuropathies -- Disorders of bones, joints, ligaments, and meninges -- Disorders of nerve Roots and plexuses -- Disorders of peripheral nerves -- Disorders of the autonomic nervous system -- Disorders of neuromuscular transmission -- Disorders of skeletal muscle -- Neurological problems of the newborn -- Neurological problems of pregnancy -- Functional and dissociative (psychogenic) neurological symptoms.
- Wang, Winfred C.
- 2015 ClinicalKeyedited by Douglas L. Mann, Douglas P. Zipes, Peter Libby, Robert O. Bonow ; founding editor and online editor Eugene Braunwald.Global burden of cardiovascular disease -- Heart disease in varied populations -- Ethics in cardiovascular medicine -- Clinical decision making in cardiology -- Measurement and improvement of quality of care : relevance to cardiovascular clinical practice -- Critical evaluation of clinical trials -- Personalized and precision cardiovascular medicine -- Principles of cardiovascular genetics -- Drug therapeutics and personalized medicine -- Biomarkers, proteomics, metabolomics, and personalized medicine -- The history and physical examination : an evidence-based approach -- Electrocardiography -- Exercise testing -- Echocardiography -- The chest radiograph in cardiovascular disease -- Nuclear cardiology -- Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging -- Cardiac computed tomography -- Cardiac catheterization -- Coronary arteriography and intracoronary imaging -- Mechanisms of cardiac contraction and relaxation -- Pathophysiology of heart failure -- Clinical assessment of heart failure -- Diagnosis and management of acute heart failure -- Management of patients with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction -- Devices for monitoring and managing heart failure -- Heart failure with a preserved ejection fraction -- Surgical management of heart failure -- Mechanical circulatory support -- Cardiovascular regeneration and gene therapy -- Care of patients with end-stage heart disease -- Genetics of cardiac arrhythmias -- Genesis of cardiac arrhythmias : electrophysiologic considerations -- Diagnosis of cardiac arrhythmias -- Therapy for cardiac arrhythmias -- Pacemakers and implantable cardioverter-defibrillators -- Specific arrhythmias : diagnosis and treatment -- Atrial fibrillation : clinical features, mechanisms, and management -- Cardiac arrest and sudden cardiac death -- Hypotension and syncope -- The vascular biology of atherosclerosis -- Risk markers and the primary prevention of cardiovascular disease -- Systemic hypertension : mechanisms and diagnosis -- Systemic hypertension : management -- Lipoprotein disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Nutrition and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases -- Exercise-based, comprehensive cardiac rehabilitation -- Integrative approaches to the management of patients with heart disease -- Coronary blood flow and myocardial ischemia -- Approach to the patient with chest pain -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : pathology, pathophysiology, and clinical features -- ST-elevation myocardial infarction : management -- Non-ST elevation acute coronary syndromes -- Stable ischemic heart disease -- Percutaneous coronary intervention -- Transcatheter therapies for structural heart disease in adults -- Diseases of the aorta -- Peripheral artery diseases -- Prevention and management of ischemic stroke -- Treatment of noncoronary obstructive vascular disease -- Diabetes and the cardiovascular system -- Congenital heart disease -- Valvular heart disease -- Cardiovascular infections -- The dilated, restrictive, and infiltrative cardiomyopathies -- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy -- Myocarditis -- Chemical cardiomyopathies -- Cardiovascular complications of cancer therapeutic agents -- Cardiovascular abnormalities in HIV-infected individuals -- Pericardial diseases -- Traumatic heart disease -- Pulmonary embolism -- Pulmonary hypertension -- Sleep apnea and cardiovascular disease -- Cardiovascular disease in the elderly -- Cardiovascular disease in women -- Pregnancy and heart disease -- Exercise and sports cardiology -- Anesthesia and noncardiac surgery in patients with heart disease -- Endocrine disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Hemostasis, thrombosis, fibrinolysis, and cardiovascular disease -- Rheumatic fever -- Rheumatic diseases and the cardiovascular system -- Tumors affecting the cardiovascular system -- Psychiatric and behavioral aspects of cardiovascular disease -- Neurologic disorders and cardiovascular disease -- Interface between renal disease and cardiovascular illness -- Cardiovascular manifestations of autonomic disorders.
- Schraga, Erik.
- Richard LeBlond.
- O'Brodovich, Hugh M.
- Bland, Richard D.; Northway, William H.
- 2012 ClinicalKey[edited by] Henri Colt, Septimiu Murgu.Section 1. Practical approach to benign exophytic airway obstruction -- section 2. Practical approach to benign traheal stenosis -- section 3. Practical approach to expiratory central airway collapse -- section 4. Practical approach to mediastinal lymphadenopathy (EBUS and alternatives) -- section 5. Practical approach to malignant central airway obstruction -- section 6. Practical approach to other central airway disease processes -- section 7.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyEhab Farag, Loran Mounir-Soliman, with David L. Brown.
- Budget woes, children's foes : responding to the changes in early intervention services for California children.SUNet ID login requiredFeldman, Heidi M.
- Altman, Russ B.
- Brouwer, Estelle; Roth, Stephen Joel; Staveski, Sandra.
- Cathy Cole, LCSW.A key component of successfully making a change is having the confidence to put a change plan into action. In this fourth and final video in the series Motivational Interviewing Step by Step, expert MI practitioner and trainer Cathy Cole demonstrates various strategies to address clients' lack of confidence. In three full-length sessions, Cole provides viewers a unique opportunity to see MI in action in diverse settings with clients who lack confidence in their ability to achieve their goals. Janet believes it is important to get more exercise but, as a single mother, doesn't know how to fit this into her busy life. Cole helps her develop a personalized and specific plan of action that increases the likelihood that Janet will be successful at attaining her objective. Julie is a vivacious teenager torn between her love of good food and her desire to lose weight. Cole walks her through a series of manageable dietary changes, then elicits past successes and personal strengths as a way of increasing Julie's confidence. Vance is concerned that he is not making as much progress as he would like toward financial security. Cole uncovers his core life values in the course of an explorative conversation and, by tying these values to his goals, helps Vance increase his commitment to make tough choices and come up with a plan of action. By watching this video, you will be able to: identify in sessions various roadblocks to confidence in effecting change; learn to utilize personal strengths, values, and past successes; use MI techniques best suited for clients who want to change but are low in confidence. Keywords: change commitment, weight loss, exercise, health, finance, financial, money, EAP, diet, dieting, healthcare, motivational, MI, interviewing, Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Shah, Nirav.
- Building the Learning Health System-- Improving health care through data, technology, disciplined analysis, and actionSUNet ID login requiredAbernethy, Amy P.
- Blazar, Bruce R.
- Tarshis, Thomas Paul.
- Bradley. L. S.; Edgerley-Gibb, Laura.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.