- Psaltis, Alkis.
- Quagliarello, Vincent.
- Rizk, Norman W.
- Winslow, Dean L.
- Wachter, Robert M.
- Koehler, Jane E.
- 2006 NEJMBarclay, Derek A.; Setnik, Gary S.; Thomsen, Todd W.N Engl J Med. 2006-10-26; 355(17):e18[video]
- 2008 NEJMFitch, Michael T.; Manthey, David E.; McGinnis, Henderson D.; Nicks, Bret A.; Pariyadath, Manoj.N Engl J Med. 2008-12-25; 359(26):e32[video]
- Bates, Barbara.12 downloadable videos covering physical examination of: Abdomen. Breast and axillae. Cardiovascular: neck vessels and heart. Cardiovascular: peripheral vascular system. Female genitalia, anus, and rectum. Head, eyes and ears. Male genitalia, rectum and hernias. Musculoskeletal system. Neurologic: motor system & reflexes Neurological: cranial nerves and sensory system. Nose, mouth and neck. Thorax and lungs.
- Bates, Barbara.Abdomen -- Breast and axillae -- Cardiovascular: neck vessels and heart -- Cardiovascular: peripheral vascular system -- Female genitalia, anus, and rectum -- Head, eyes and ears -- Male genitalia, rectum and hernias -- Musculoskeletal system -- Neurologic: motor system & reflexes -- Neurologic: cranial nerves and sensory system -- Nose, mouth and neck -- Thorax & lungs.
- Sween, Erik.This video presents the insider's story of student therapists during their internship or practicum year. What's it like seeing your first clients? How do you handle making mistakes? How do you get the most out of Supervision? Five beginning therapists describe the challenges and the important turning points they experienced during their first year of seeing clients. Students will welcome this video for its honesty and instructors will appreciate it for raising key issues and generating classroom discussion. This 25-minute format is ideal for classroom use. Designed for students just starting Practicum or Internship, this video provides an invaluable resource for Faculty, Libraries, and Supervisors in graduate programs in Counseling, Social Work, and Psychology. Keywords: intern, trainee, training, beginning, beginner, internship, interns, trainees, practicum, first client, Sween, Erik Sween, confidence, supervision, Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Wolfe, Nathan D.
- Stuart, Richard B.Stuart utilizes basic principles of Behavioral Therapy to empower clients to change their own behaviors and develop insight and understanding into how what they do influences the behavior of others. In this video, Stuart works with Adele and Wesley, a couple with many elements of a successful marriage but struggling to find a way to stay together. While issues from her past trouble Adele, Wesley feels hurt and rejected and does not know how to recapture his loving feelings for his wife. Using information derived from a brief developmental history as well as pre-session questionnaires, Stuart is able to quickly dive into the language and metaphor of each client-using anecdotes and personal stories to reflect his understanding. He then moves on to identify each of their primary concerns, and reframe their understanding of problematic behaviors. After negotiating strategies for achieving a mutually desired solution, the clients are then asked to engage in specific behavioral changes that can be evaluated the following week. Consistently focusing on their strengths and the positive aspects of their marriage, Stuart helps the couple re-commit to each other in order to successfully undertake the behavioral changes asked for. Keywords: couples, family, cognitive, intimacy, spark, relationship, relationships, cognitive-behavioral, behavior, behavioural, behaviour Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- 2007Gawande, Atul.Status: Not Checked OutLane Catalog RecordThe struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives are on the line with every decision. Author Gawande explores how doctors strive to close the gap between best intentions and best performance in the face of obstacles that sometimes seem insurmountable. Gawande's stories take us to battlefield surgical tents in Iraq, to labor and delivery rooms in Boston, to a polio outbreak in India, and to malpractice courtrooms around the country. He discusses the ethical dilemma of lethal injections, examines the influence of money on modern medicine, and recounts the contentious history of hand washing. And he gives us an inside look at his own life as a practicing surgeon, offering a firsthand account of a field where mistakes are both unavoidable and unthinkable.--From publisher description.
- Papadatou, Danai.
- Fearon, William F.
- Koltai, Peter J.
- Kohane, Isaac S.
- Hu, Frank B.
- Ashley, Euan A.
- Strehlow, Matthew.
- Ganounl, Pejman.
- Bernstein, Ari.
- Kuo, Calvin Jay.
- Quon, Andrew.
- Lowe, Anson W.; Chen, Ann.
- Komaroff, Anthony L.
- A query-oriented data management system developed jointly by the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL).
- Johnson, Kevin B.
- Balise, Raymond R.
- Satir, Virginia.Golden Triad Films is proud to present Virginia Satir, a family therapist, interviewing a a blended family with a troubled boy. A family composed of a stepfather, a mother, and her two children.
- Video search engine.
- Chang, Tara I.
- Goodnough, Lawrence Tim.
- 2009 NEJMBrown, Stacey M.; Conlin, Paul R.; Williams, Jonathan S.N Engl J Med. 2009-01-29; 360(5):e6[video]
- Carragee, Eugene.
- Williams, Sarah R.
- Wu, Joy.
- Gordon, Catherine M.
- 2009 NEJMBraner, Dana A.V; Joshi, Sarita; Lai, Susanna; Malempati, Suman; Tegtmeyer, Ken.N Engl J Med. 2009-10-08; 361(15):e28[video]This video will demonstrate the procedure for bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy from the posterior iliac crest. Obtaining a bone marrow aspirate and core biopsy is often necessary when evaluating a patient who has a hematologic abnormality. Examining bone marrow is also useful in the diagnosis of metastatic spread of nonhematologic malignancies and to diagnose metabolic disorders.
- Mitchell, Beverly S.
- Miklos, David B.
- Grover, Casey A.
- Widdison, Julie; Williams, Sarah R.
- Guerin, Philip J.Pam is a 32-year-old woman who lives at home with her parents, Adrian and Judy, and doesn't have many friends. She clearly has some sort of developmental disability, but Adrian and Judy don't understand why Pam is so angry and uncommunicative. In fact, Pam says she doesn't even understand why she behaves the way she does. In this live family therapy session, Dr. Guerin helps this befuddled family gain more understanding and clarity, while shining a light on the underlying anger, fear, and sadness that reside beneath the surface not only in Pam, but in her parents as well. In this video, Guerin skillfully demonstrates ways to engage a closed family system, while highlighting several key principles of Bowenian therapy, including: establishing therapeutic safety and connection with each family member; lowering anxiety; utilizing process questions; neutralizing dysfunctional triangles in the family system; and offering relationship experiments. Part of the 10-Video series: Family Therapy with the Experts. Keywords: Guerin, Bowen, bowenian, learning, developmental, adoption, adopted, genogram, structure, structural, systems, family, anger, frustration, Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Wang, Winfred C.
- Schraga, Erik.
- Bland, Richard D.; Northway, William H.
- O'Brodovich, Hugh M.
- Budget woes, children's foes : responding to the changes in early intervention services for California children.SUNet ID login requiredFeldman, Heidi M.
- Altman, Russ B.
- Brouwer, Estelle; Roth, Stephen Joel; Staveski, Sandra.
- Cole, Cathy.A key component of successfully making a change is having the confidence to put a change plan into action. In this fourth and final video in the series Motivational Interviewing Step by Step, expert MI practitioner and trainer Cathy Cole demonstrates various strategies to address clients' lack of confidence. In three full-length sessions, Cole provides viewers a unique opportunity to see MI in action in diverse settings with clients who lack confidence in their ability to achieve their goals. Janet believes it is important to get more exercise but, as a single mother, doesn't know how to fit this into her busy life. Cole helps her develop a personalized and specific plan of action that increases the likelihood that Janet will be successful at attaining her objective. Julie is a vivacious teenager torn between her love of good food and her desire to lose weight. Cole walks her through a series of manageable dietary changes, then elicits past successes and personal strengths as a way of increasing Julie's confidence. Vance is concerned that he is not making as much progress as he would like toward financial security. Cole uncovers his core life values in the course of an explorative conversation and, by tying these values to his goals, helps Vance increase his commitment to make tough choices and come up with a plan of action. By watching this video, you will be able to: identify in sessions various roadblocks to confidence in effecting change; learn to utilize personal strengths, values, and past successes; use MI techniques best suited for clients who want to change but are low in confidence. Keywords: change commitment, weight loss, exercise, health, finance, financial, money, EAP, diet, dieting, healthcare, motivational, MI, interviewing, Counseling, Counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Shah, Nirav.
- Building the Learning Health System-- Improving health care through data, technology, disciplined analysis, and actionSUNet ID login requiredAbernethy, Amy P.
- Blazar, Bruce R.
- Tarshis, Thomas Paul.
- Bradley. L. S.; Edgerley-Gibb, Laura.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.