- Cooper, Allen D.
- Butte, Manish J.
- Mignot, Emmanuel.
- Beginning with the premise that "the problem is the problem, the person is not the problem," Madigan guides the viewer on an intriguing journey through the foundational narrative therapy techniques such as externalization and re-authoring conversations. By asking a series of purposeful questions intended to help Ollie and his mother "tell their story," Madigan masterfully shows how to uncover the client's stance on the problem and how to develop an alternative plot that supports a client's preferred identity. With persistence and openness, Madigan validates this family's experience of racism and helps Ollie regain his "good boy" reputation. This is an exceptional opportunity to engage with the compelling principles of Narrative Therapy and learn how to put these transformational ideas into practice. Part of the 10-video series: Family Therapy with the Experts. Keywords: racism, court-ordered, court-mandated, violence, teenager, teen, narrative, family, African-American, adolescent, boy, bully, bullying, school, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Watch expert Narrative therapist Stephen Madigan in an actual counseling session with a perfectionist 10-year old boy and his mother. Children can feel overtaken by family problems and allow those problems to define who they are. In this video, Stephen Madigan presents a refreshing approach that allows family members to separate themselves from their problems and retell their stories. By asking a series of compassionate questions, Madigan quickly gets to the heart of this family's frustration--a pattern of competitive taunting among the six children in the house. Madigan then helps them uncover skills, strengths and solutions to take home in order to break the family pattern. Jon Carlson and Don Keat introduce Dr. Madigan, and facilitate an in-depth discussion of the further impact and uses of the model. Keywords: narrative, perfectionism, bully, bullying, children, fighting, mother, family, anxiety, child, mother-son, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- 2006 NEJMSetnik, Gary S.; Shaffer, Robert W.; Thomsen, Todd W.N Engl J Med. 2006-04-27; 354(17):e16[video]
- 2013 NEJMCarron, Pierre-Nicolas; Hugli, Olivier; Pasquier, Mathieu.N Engl J Med. 2013-05-09; 368:e24[video]"Needle aspiration is an alternative treatment to the placement of a chest tube for patients with a first episode of primary spontaneous pneumothorax. A careful preprocedural evaluation is needed to be certain that there are no contraindications. All patients should be monitored closely during the procedure. After the anatomical landmarks have been identified and the local anesthetic agent has been administered, the intrapleural air can be evacuated through a large-bore catheter. The success of the procedure is confirmed by clinical improvement and by a chest film showing no or minimal residual pneumothorax."
- 2012 NEJMCagno, Colleen K.; Gordon, Paul R.N Engl J Med. 2012-07-12; 367(2):e3[video]The video demonstrates circumcision performed with a clamp device.
- Halamek, Louis P.
- Aschner, Judy L.
- Liang, Erica Chiu.
- Maris, John M.
- Blumenfeld, Hal.Demonstrates how to perform a complete neurologic examination. It is intended for medical students, residents, and other students in the health care professions.
- Vobecky, Jan.
- Henry, Gregory L.
- Genovese, Mark.
- Albanese, Craig T.; Butler, Marilyn W.; Dutta, Sanjeev; Hartman, Gary E.
- Alvira, Cristina M.
- Baker, Julie C.
- Bhargava, Sumit.Educational objectives: The relationship between birth weight, weight gain and the development of adult disease in South Asians -- Sleep patterns and habits of South Asian children -- Transgenerational influences on the development of disease.
- Briggs, Josephine P.
- Ivy, D. Dunbar.
- Krasnow, Mark.
- New insights into an old disease : recent advances in understanding the biology of Entamoeba histolytica.SUNet ID login requiredSingh, Upinder.
- Agrawal, Anu; Dabbs, Devon.
- Leung, Lawrence L. K.
- Greenberg, Harry B.
- Greenberg, Harry B.
- Tam, Paul Kwong-hang.
- Fitzgerald, Peter J.
- Balasubramaniam, Vivek.
- Pichichero, Michael.
- -Collection of videos covering health, medical, and spiritual news and events at Stanford Hospital and Clinics.
- Glenn, Jeffrey S.
- Khazeni, Nayer.I. Background: Influenza & pandemics -- II. Methods to evaluate health & economic outcomes during a pandemic -- III. Analysis: Vaccination to mitigate pandemic A (H1N1) -- IV. Analysis: Vaccination to mitigate pandemic A (H5N1).
- Coelho, Anthony W.Module I: Scientific peer reviews -- Module II: Grant writing for success -- Video of mock study section at NIH.
- The National Institutes of Health's Center for Information Technology (CIT) makes special NIH events, seminars, and lectures available to viewers on the NIH network and the Internet via the VideoCast web site.
- Lutchman, Glen.
- Sinatra, Frank R.
- Kay, Mark A.
- McConnell, Michael V.
- Khush, Kiran K.
- 2015 NEJMChandra, Subani; Higgins, Andrew R.; Kelly, Christopher R.N Engl J Med. 2015-06-04; 372:e30[video]"NPPV can help to stabilize the condition of patients with acute respiratory failure and prevent the need for intubation. The patients most likely to benefit include those with acute hypercapnic respiratory failure caused by a COPD exacerbation and those with cardiogenic pulmonary edema in the absence of shock or ischemia."
- Krauss, Baruch.
- Weissman, Irving L.
- Weissman, Irving L.
- Connolly, Andrew J.; Khan, Salman.In this teaching video, Salman Khan talks with Dr. Andy Connolly from Stanford Medical School on what normal colon tissue looks like.
- Kollef, Marin H.
- Jackler, Robert K.
- Brown, Janice M. Y.
- Einav, Shirit.
- Maldonado, Yvonne.
- Kay, Mark A.
- Shaw, Gary M.
- Bresler, Michael Jay.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.