- SABIO-RK DatabaseSABIO-RK stores data about biochemical reactions, their kinetic equations, parameters and experimental conditions under which these parameters were measured.
- Saccharomyces genome database Stanf UnivA scientific database of the molecular biology and genetics of the yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiae, which is commonly known as baker's or budding yeast.
- SAGE KE 2001-06., HighWire
- SAGEmap NCBIA SAGE data resource for the query and retrieval and analysis of SAGE data from any organism.
- SciELO (Online service) 1998-, SciELOAn electronic virtual library of scholarly journals published in Latin America, the Caribbean, Spain, and Portugal. Search or browse by country of publication or subject area. Strong in coverage of science, medicine, and public health along with social sciences and humanities journals. "SciELO, the Scientific Electronic Library Online, uses a methodology developed by BIREME/PAHO/WHO that enables the implementation of web digital libraries of scientific journal collections of full text articles. Various SciELO gateways are now in operation, providing access to academic journals from Brazil and other countries in Latin America and the Caribbean. SciELO plays a very important role in the worldwide dissemination of the technical and scientific literature published in developing countries, thereby increasing visibility of this literature that otherwise would be accessible only within the borders of those developing countries."--"The SciELO Brazilian Scientific Journal Gateway and Open Archives," D-Lib Magazine, Vol. 9, no. 3, March 2003.Scientific Electronic Library Online is a model for cooperative electronic publishing of scientific journals on the Internet. Especially conceived to meet the scientific communication needs of developing countries, particularly Latin America and the Caribbean countries, it provides an efficient way to assure universal visibility and accessibility to their scientific literature, contributing to overcome the phenomena known as 'lost science'. In addition, the SciELO model comprises integrated procedures for the measurement of usage and impact of scientific journals.
- SciELO citation index 1990-, ThomsonSciELO (Scientific Electronic Library Online) is a database index of about 650 OA journals covering research in Latin America, Spain, Portugal, the Caribbean and South Africa. SciELO is a program of the Sao Paulo Research Foundation for the cooperative publishing of open access journals on the internet. Covers 1997 to present.The Scientific Electronic Library Online - SciELO is an electronic virtual library covering a selected collection of Brazilian scientific journals. The library is an integral part of a project being developed by FAPESP - Fundação de Amparo à Pesquisa do Estado de São Paulo, in partnership with BIREME - the Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information. The FAPESP-BIREME Project envisages the development of a common methodology for the preparation, storage, dissemination and evaluation of scientific literature in electronic format. As the project develops, new journal titles will be added in the library collection.The objective of the site is to implement an electronic virtual library, providing full access to a collection of serial titles, a collection of issues from individual serial titles, as well as to the full text of articles. The access to both serial titles and articles is available via indexes and search forms. SciELO interface provides access to its serials collection via an alphabetic list of titles or a subject index or a search by word of serial titles, publisher names, city of publication and subject. The interface also provides access to the full text of articles via author index or subject index or a search form on article elements such as author names, words from title, subject and words from the full text.
- Science accelerator DatabaseMetasearch engine that queries across collections of the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE's) scientific and technical information to return the results of research and development (R&D) projects and programs, descriptions of R&D projects under way or recently completed, and major R&D accomplishments.
- Science citation index (SCI) 1900-, ThomsonProvides access to ISI Citation Databases: Science citation index expanded (SCI-EXPANDED), 1974- ; Social sciences citation index (SSCI), 1974- ; Arts & humanities citation index (A & HCI), 1975- . With the online backfile, this resource now completely matches the print editions of the three citation indexes.
- Science.gov U.S. Dep EnergyAn interagency working group of scientific and technical information organizations from major U.S. government science agencies have collaborated to create science.gov, the "FirstGov for Science" web site. It provides a gateway to reliable information about science and technology from across federal government organizations. Major types of information included are selected authoritative science Web sites and databases of technical reports, journal citations, conference proceedings, and fact sheets.
- ScienceDirect (Online service) ElsevierDatabase for scientific research that contains abstracts, tables of contents, and full text of articles in the sciences, technology, medicine and social sciences.
- ScienceHack alpha Video database"ScienceHack is a vertical search engine for science videos. Search for science experiments, science projects, science movies and science news."--Website.
- SciFinder Web version Research Tool, Users must registerProvides access to several Chemical Abstracts Service databases.
- Scirus Search Engine
- SciVee WebsiteRepository of scientific multimedia presentations incorporated within the content of published scientific articles. SciVee is operated in partnership with the Public Library of Science (PLoS), the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the San Diego Supercomputer Center (SDSC).
- Aims to provide a detailed and comprehensive description of the relationships of known protein structures. It provides a broad survey of all known protein folds, detailed information about the close relatives of any particular protein, and a framework for future research and classification.
- Scope DatabaseScope is written by medical school writers at Stanford and was started to provide an alternate way to discuss medical, research, and health-policy news. The goal is to give readers high quality, timely, and compelling coverage of science and medicine around the world.
- Scopus Database, Compatible with Firefox 3 or higher, IE 7 or 8, or IE 9 in Compatibility Mode. To view in Compatibility mode, click the Compatibilty Mode icon (looks like a torn piece of paper) next to the URL in the address bar. 1-20-2012Abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources. Subject coverage : Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics and Engineering ; Life and Health Sciences ; Social Sciences, Psychology and Economics ; Biological, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- Searchable collection of clinical trials currently being conducted at the NIH Clinical Center in Bethesda, Maryland. The collection can also be browsed by NIH institute and by primary disease category.
- Search copyright records Lib CongressWeb-based search access of 3 databases containing copyright information records of registrations and ownership documents since 1978. Search by author, claimant, title, and registration number. COHM, Copyright Monographs Database, includes works registered for copyright since January 1978, including books, films, music, maps, sound recordings, software, multimedia kits, drawings, posters, sculpture, and renewals of previous registrations. Updated weekly. COHS, Copyright Serials Database, includes serials (periodicals, magazines, journals, newspapers, etc.) registered for copyright since 1978. Updated twice yearly. COHD, Copyright Documents Database, encompasses documents relating to copyright ownership, such as name changes and transfers. Includes Notice of Intent to Enforce a Restored Copyright (NIE) documents. Updated weekly.
- Searchworks DatabaseStanford Libraries & Academic Information Resources next generation search engine. Searches the same records as Socrates as of Monday, May 3, 2010.
- A SAGE data resource for the query and retrieval and analysis of SAGE data from any organism.
- SLACspeak DatabaseGlossary of SLAC-related Photon Science, Particle and Astroparticle Science, and HEP-related acronyms and terms.
- Social SciSearch 1956-, Thomson
- Socrates Stanford's Online Catalog DatabaseSocrates is the online catalog of the Stanford University Libraries, (except archival items, and materials in the SLAC Library).
- Software At Stanford DatabaseDatabase of software available at Stanford University. Provides product description, download site or location at Stanford where the software can be used or purchased.
- SOLV-DB DatabaseContains a wide range of properties for commonly used solvents, including physical property data, health and safety information, and regulatory information. Solvents can be searched by name, CAS registry number, formula or property range.
- SOURCE Stanf Univ SOMCollects and compiles data from many scientific databases, and thereby attempts to encapsulate the genetics and molecular biology of genes from the genomes of Homo sapiens, Mus musculus, Rattus norvegicus into easy to navigate GeneReports.Provides a unique scientific resource that pools publicly available data commonly sought after for any clone, GenBank accession number, or gene. It is specifically designed to facilitate the analysis of large sets of data that biologists can now produce using genome-scale experimental approaches.
- SPIE Digital Library DatabaseThe SPIE Digital Library, SPIEDL, is a resource for research on optics and photonics, providing full text access to technical papers from journals and conference proceedings published by SPIE, the International Society for Optical Engineering. Stanford's subscription includes all the resources in SPIEDL.
- SPL Anatomy browser Image
- Springer protocols (Online service) SpringerIncludes peer-reviewed life science and biomedical research protocols compiled from Methods in Molecular Biology, Methods in Molecular Medicine, Methods in Biotechnology, Methods in Pharmacology and Toxicology, Neuromethods, the Biomethods Handbook, the Proteomics Handbook, and Springer Laboratory Manuals.
- SpringerImages SpringerCollection of scientific images and videos that spans the scientific, technical and medical fields. The continually updated collection gathers photos, graphs, histograms, figures, and tables, and is available as a searchable online database and as a tool to create and save slide sets.
- SpringerLink (Online service) DatabaseProvides online, full-text access to Springer's journal titles as well as journals from other publishers. Subjects include: life sciences, chemical sciences, environmental sciences, geosciences, computer science, mathematics, medicine, physics & astronomy, engineering and economics. Also includes eBooks.
- SpringerMaterials SpringerSpringerMaterials is based on the Landolt-Börnstein New Series, the unique, fully evaluated data collection in all areas of physical sciences and engineering. SpringerMaterials also comprises the Dortmund Data Bank Software & Separation Technology, a Database on Thermophysical Properties and the Linus Pauling Files, a Database on Inorganic Solid Phases and chemical safety data.Chemical Safety data has: REACH Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals, GHS Globally Harmonized System RoHS Restriction of Hazardous Substances, WEEE Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
- SpringerOpen (Online service) Database"Springer is proud to introduce SpringerOpen, the new suite of open access journals which will cover all disciplines. SpringerOpen journals are fully and immediately open access and will publish articles under the Creative Commons Attribution license"--Website.
- Standard agent database Database
- Stanford Microarray Database (SMD) Stanf UnivSMD stores raw and normalized data from microarray experiments, as well as their corresponding image files. In addition, SMD provides interfaces for data retrieval, analysis and visualization. Data is released to the public at the researcher's discretion or upon publication.
- Search engine for Stanford technologies available for licensing.
- Stanford on iTunes U Search EngineVideo search engines for lectures given at Stanford University
- Stanford Tissue microarray database Stanf UnivTMAD is database of raw and processed data from tissue microarray experiments. It can be searched for stained tissue images using markers, disorders and other controlled terms. TMAD also provides methods for data retrieval, grouping of data, analysis and visualization as well as export to standard formats.
- Stanford University MSDS management system Stanf Univ
- Lane Community Info File
- Stanford.who Database
- STAT!Ref (Online service) Database
- Statehealthfacts.org Kais Fam Found
- Statistical universe Database
- STD sequence databases Database
- STRING stores known and predicted protein-protein interactions where the interactions are either direct (physical) or indirect (functional) associations.
- Integrated collections of programs for identifying novel cis-regulatory elements from groups of upstream sequences.
- Includes links to libraries' home pages, online databases, information about hours and locations, maps and directions, and places to study.
- SUMSearch DatabaseSUMSearch is metasearch engine designed to automate and facilitate the search for medical evidence.
- A premier source for cancer statistics in the United States. SEER collects information on incidence, survival, and prevalence from specific geographic areas representing 26 percent of the US population and compiles reports on all of these plus cancer mortality for the entire US.
- SymAtlas DatabaseA repository of microarray gene expression measurements maintained by the Genomics Institute of the Novartis Research Foundation . The atlas is aimed at profiling gene expression in a large number of tissues from Mus musculus and Homo sapiens .
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.