UAccess restricted to Stanford Community unless noticed otherwise
- UC directory servers Database
- UCSF Tobacco industry audio recordings Internet ArchiveThe University of California, San Francisco Tobacco Control Archives audio collection contains audiotapes related to the advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research of tobacco products as well as materials gathered and produced by tobacco control advocates.
- UCSF Tobacco industry videos Internet ArchiveThe University of California, San Francisco Tobacco Control Archives Video Collection contains videotapes related to the advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research of tobacco products as well as materials gathered and produced by tobacco control advocates.
- Ulrich's Periodicals directory Database
- UMLS semantic network Database
- Collates the most recent country-specific data on the spread and impact of the HIV virus, together with information on risky behaviors and health sector response information (e.g. data on people receiving treatment and coverage of HIV counselling and testing).
- UniProt Database (unitprot.org)Database EMBL-EBIUniversal Protein Resource ("UniProt") is the largest provider of data on the proteome of organisms. The data are based on submissions to the DNA sequence databases, as well as varying levels of curation. It is the good way to quickly assess a vast set of protein properties, particularly for species that are not model organisms.
- UniSTS NCBIAn NCBI resource that reports information about markers, or Sequence Tagged Sites (STS).
- This site contains the reference sequence for the human and C. elegans genomes.
- UpToDate UpToDate (Firm)Mobile Application, UpToDate for iOS Users must register through the campus network, download the app, and sign in.UpToDate is a web-based, clinical information resource, designed to provide concise, practical answers to clinical questions. The content is updated quarterly. Nearly 3,000 author physicians continually review the literature for material that is well supported by data and would be useful in a clinical setting. If a medical finding is deemed important, it is then added to the relevant topic review(s) after approval by an internal peer review and by the authors. The content is comprehensive, concise, and fully referenced.
- Urbana atlas of pathology DatabaseAn extensive collection of online pathology images from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign. It is a searchable database of pathology images.
- USMLE Step 1 Qbank Database, To request a login, Stanford students contact Mary.Buttner at stanford.eduExamination preparation and subject review for USMLE Step 1 Qbank. Includes over 3,000 questions (2,200 Qbank questions, 1 diagnostic test, 2 full simulated exams).--Website
- USMLE Step 2 CK Qbank Database, To request a login, Stanford students contact Mary.Buttner at stanford.eduExamination preparation and subject review for USMLE Step 2 CK Qbank. Includes over 2,000 questions, 1,200 revised questions, 1 diagnostic test, 2 full-length simulated exams).--Website
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.