- AACR meeting abstracts onlineHighWireSearchable database containing abstracts of the Annual Meeting of the American Association for Cancer Research.
- AAFP conditions A to Z 2005-STAT!Ref, Limited to 7 simultaneous usersA patient-information tool created by the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). Common conditions, medical diseases, treatments and health tips (many available in Spanish) are presented alphabetically and may be printed as 1-2 page documents. All of the information has been written and reviewed by physicians and patient education professionals at the AAFP.
- Site includes information regarding medical school applicants, matriculants, and graduates from the AAMC Data Warehouse: Applicant Matriculant File (DW:AMF) and the AAMC Student Records System (SRS).
- This searchable, web-based resource includes patient handouts and other health information for children, teens, and parents from the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP).
- AAP PolicyHighWire
- An extensive repository of antibodies available for purchase. It provides information and purchase information for antibodies.
- ABI/INFORM globalProQuestContains content from business and management publications worldwide, covering advertising, marketing, economics, human resources, finance, taxation, computers, and more. Provides full text articles. Also provides access to information on more than 60,000 companies as well as executive profiles, reports on market conditions, and in-depth case studies of global business trends. Coverage starts from 1971 forward.
- AbMiner is a tool that allows users to search for appropriate, commercially available antibodies (>600) for research purposes, and to match each antibody to its respective genomic identifiers. The unique feature of this antibody collection is that all antibodies are screened by Western blot. The sample used for antibody screening was a pool of the NCI-60 cancer cell lines, comprised of 60 different cell lines from 9 different tissues of origin. Besides results, AbMiner also includes the dilutions used and pertinent vendor information for all antibodies. The target antigen for each antibody was translated to the encoding gene symbol using MatchMiner. Other identifiers include gene name, HUGO status, UniGene Cluster ID, RefSeq for protein and mRNA, and Entrez Gene Ids. These identifiers are updated periodically as new information becomes available. Users can search AbMIner by any of the identifiers and easily navigate between antibody, protein, mRNA, and gene.
- A multidisciplinary database which provides full-text for scholarly publications, includes topics in the social sciences, humanities, general science, education and most areas of academic study. Abstracts and indexing provided for all journals in the collection. Coverage is from 1965 to the present.
- Access Emergency Medicine (Online service)McGraw-HillAccessEmergency Medicine is a complete online service that allows users to quickly search the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of emergency cases with videos.
- Access Medicine (Online service)McGraw-HillA repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.
- Access Surgery (Online service)McGraw-Hill, Limited to 50 simultaneous usersA comprehensive resource for surgical education.
- AccessEmergency Medicine (Online service)McGraw-HillAccessEmergency Medicine is a complete online service that allows users to quickly search the diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of emergency cases with videos.
- AccessMedicine (Online service)McGraw-HillA repository of medical knowledge from internal medicine, cardiology, genetics, pharmacy, diagnosis and management, basic sciences, patient care, and more. Continuously expanding, all databases in the repository contain the latest editions of selected medical titles.
- AccessMedicine Lange Case filesAccessMedicineClinical cases selected from the LANGE Case Files series, edited by Eugene C. Toy, MD.
- AccessMedicine [mobile] (Online service)McGraw-Hill, Users must create a personal profile in AccessMedicine using a non-mobile browser, and log into AccessMedicine with that username and password on the mobile device (optimized for): iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry Bold.The AccessMedicine mobile website includes Harrison's Online, CURRENT Medical Diagnosis and Treatment, Picture Galleries from Fitzpatrick's Color Atlas and Synopsis of Clinical Dermatology, Clinician's Pocket Reference: The Scut Monkey, CURRENT Practice Guidelines in Primary Care, Diagnostic Tests from Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Tests, Quick Answers, Diagnosaurus, and Drug monographs.
- AccessSurgery (Online service)McGraw-Hill, Limited to 50 simultaneous usersA comprehensive resource for surgical education.
- provides access to current and retrospective United Nations documents and publications.
- AceDB is a genome database designed specifically for handling bioinformatic data flexibly. It includes tools designed to manipulate genomic data, but is increasingly also used for non-biological data.
- The ACM Portal provides the complete collection of citations and full text for the Association of Computing Machinery's (ACM) journals, newsletters, articles and conference proceedings.
- ACP journal club v. 136-, 2002-Am Coll Physv. 136-, 2002- Acad Search Prem
- ACP smart medicineSTAT!Ref, Limited to 1 userThis point-of-care decision support tool provides access to hundreds of evidence-based recommendations on diagnosis, therapy, prevention, screening and more. Includes AHFS DI Essentials.
- The Adverse Event Reporting System (AERS) contains over four million reports of adverse events and reflects data from 1969 to the present presented as summary statistics.
- A database of affinity data for structurally resolved protein-ligand complexes from the Protein Data Bank (PDB).
- Combines databases to form a multidisciplinary aggregation offering unique and extensive coverage of all facets of Africa and African studies. Contains over 2.4 million citations and abstracts dating back to the 16th century.
- AJOL is the world's largest online collection of African-published, peer-reviewed scholarly journals. Includes TOCs, abstracts, and links to online full-text where available.
- Listing of self-paced tutorials on common tasks for the GeneSpring microarray analysis platform.
- AGRICOLAEBSCOIndexes current acquisitions of the National Agricultural Library, including books, serials, pamphlets, government documents, research reports, FAO and USDA publications, conference proceedings, and translations, patents, audiovisuals and technical reports. Updated monthly.
- Provides browse and search access to patient safety literature, news, tools, and meetings.
- Provides non-technical, technical, and Spanish language drug fact sheets on use, pharmacology, and side effects, for approved and investigational HIV/AIDS drugs.
- Alcohol and other drug thesaurus : a guide to concepts and therminology in substance abuse and addiction [ developed by the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism].. 3rd ed.NIAAAAOD thesaurus NIAAA
- All that JAS journal abbreviation sources.Iowa State UnivA categorized registry of Web resources that list or provide access to the full title of journal abbreviations or other types of abbreviated publication titles. Selected library catalogs providing abbreviated title searching have also been included.
- The Allen Brain Atlas (ABA) is a genome-wide image database of gene expression in the mouse brain. RNA in situ hybridization data, detailed Reference Atlases and analysis tools combine to provide a searchable digital atlas of gene expression. Presents a comprehensive online platform for exploration of the brain at the cellular and molecular level.
- Produced from MEDLARS database searches, performed and analyzed by subject experts from the Toxicology and Environmental Health Information Program (TEHIP) of the Specialized Information Services Division (SIS) of the National Library of Medicine (NLM). The intent of the bibliography is to assist in identifying methods and procedures helpful in supporting the development, testing, application, and validation of alternatives to the use of vertebrates in biomedical research and toxicology testing.
- AMA Physician Select provides information on virtually every licensed physician in the United States and its possessions, including doctors of medicine (MD) and doctors of osteopathy or osteopathic medicine (DO). All physician credential data have been verified for accuracy and authenticated by accrediting agencies, medical schools, residency training programs, licensing and certifying boards, and other data sources.
- The directory provides comparative data for most hospitals on hospital characteristics, services, statistics, financial reports, inpatient utilization, costs and charges. The database is built from medicare claims data, cost reports, and other public use files obtained from HCFA, the Health Care Financing Administration.
- AnAge is a curated database of ageing and life history in animals, including extensive longevity records. AnAge is useful primarily for comparative biology studies, in particular studies of longevity and ageing.
- anatomy.tvSTAT!Ref, Limited to 5 simultaneous users, logoff when finished.
- "AntiJen is a database of kinetic, thermodynamic and cellular properties for immune system proteins (MHCs, T cell receptors, B cell epitopes). It stores quantitative binding data for peptides binding to MHC Ligand, TCR-MHC Complexes, T Cell Epitope, TAP, B Cell Epitope molecules and immunological Protein-Protein interactions. AntiJen also includes a Peptide Library, Copy Numbers and Diffusion Coefficient data. All entries are from published experimentally determined data. The database currently holds over 24,000 entries. No data in AntiJen is from prediction experiments."
- antimicrobe.orgLimited to 6 simultaneous usersIncludes information on antimicrobial therapy and alternative therapy when the drug of choice cannot be given. The resource delivers information via review articles, capsule summaries, mini-reviews, and a guided PubMed search to pick up post-publication research.
- Maintains a database of genetic and molecular biology data for the model higher plant Arabidopsis thaliana. Includes the complete genome sequence along with gene structure, gene product information, metabolism, gene expression, DNA and seed stocks, genome maps, genetic and physical markers, publications, and information about the Arabidopsis research community.
- Sponsored by the National Library of Medicine's Division of Specialized Information Services. Its aim is to provide a central source of information on diverse aspects of the Arctic environment and the health of Northern peoples. Links are provided to major web resources on Arctic health and environment, both in general and by specific subject, and current articles are retrievable from the National Library of Medicine's PubMed database.
- Provides instant access to images published in selected peer-reviewed radiology journals; allows viewers to search for images by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, and patient age and sex. It can filter the search results by imaging modality (e.g., "CT"), age, and/or sex.
- "arXiv is an e-print service in the fields of physics, mathematics, non-linear science, computer science, and quantitative biology. The contents of arXiv conform to Cornell University academic standards. arXiv is owned, operated and funded by Cornell University, a private not-for-profit educational institution. arXiv is also partially funded by the National Science Foundation."--home page.
- ASH Image bankHighwireAn extensive online library of screen-sized blood disease images and cases for educational use.
- Recombinant materials (Clones, Hosts, Kits, Libraries, Media, Membranes, Oligonucleotides, Vectors, I.M.A.G.E. consortium clones) -- All other collections (Bacteria, Cell lines and hydridomas, Filamentous fungi and yeasts, Protozoa and algae, Seeds, Animal viruses and antisera, chlamydiae and rickettsae, plant viruses and antisera, Media formulations, Bacteriophages, Plant tissue culture.
- Atlas of dermatologyDermISA dermatologic image and case report database to be used for teaching and diagnosis.
- The Atlas of Gene Expression in Mouse Aging Project ( AGEMAP ) is a database that catalogs changes in gene expression as a function of the aging process in Mus musculus.
- The Atlas of Genetics and Cytogenetics in Oncology and Haematology is a highly authoritative, peer reviewed on-line journal and database devoted to genes, cytogenetics, and clinical entities in cancer and cancer-prone diseases.
- Includes fulltext of the ATSDR Substances A-Z Listing, ATSDR ToxFAQs, Public Health Statements, and ToxProfiles for toxic substances included in the U.S. Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry.
Medicine, Healthcare, Nursing, Biomedicine, Genetics
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
A drug information resource containing: American Hospital Formulary System (AHFS), drug formulary for Lucile Packard Children's Hospital (LPCH) and Stanford Hospital & Clinics (SHC), Lexi-Drugs (adverse reactions, dosage and administration, mechanism of action, storage, use, and administration information), Lexi-Calc, Lexi-ID, Lexi-I.V. Compatibility (King Guide), Lexi-Interact, and Lexi-PALS.Cumulative Index to Nursing and Allied Health Literature (CINAHL) contains coverage of nursing and allied health literature.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A knowledge database that provides access to topic reviews based on over 6000 clinically relevant articles.Provides critical assessments of systematic reviews compiled from a variety of medical journals.Selects from the biomedical literature original studies and systematic reviews that are immediately clinically relevant and then summarizes these articles in an enhanced abstract with expert commentary.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Multidisciplinary coverage of over 10,000 high-impact journals in the sciences, social sciences, and arts and humanities, as well as international proceedings coverage for over 120,000 conferences. Includes cited reference searching, citation maps, and an analyze tool.Features systematic reviews that summarize the effects of interventions and makes a determination whether the intervention is efficacious or not. Cochrane reviews are created through a strict process of compiling and analyzing data from multiple randomized control trials to ensure comprehensiveness and reliability.Provides systematic coverage of the psychological literature from the 1800s to the present through articles, book chapters and dissertations.A decision support tool that includes guidelines, articles, text books and drug information.Lane provides access to over 5,000 eBooks many of which provide helpful background material that will prepare you to better tackle primary literature.Features topic reviews that include a synthesis of the biomedical literature and specific patient care recommendations.Provides reviews of treatments for over 250 conditions that summarize the related available evidence from systematic reviews, clinical trials, observational studies and clinical practice guidelines.PIER (Physicians' Information and Education Resource) is a Web-based decision-support tool designed for rapid point-of-care delivery of up-to-date, evidence-based guidance for primary care physicians.Cochrane Central registry of Controlled Trials (CCTR) provides access to 300,000 controlled trials that have been identified the Cochrane Collaboration.A major drug resource providing information organized by drug types, diseases, acute care, toxicology and alternative medicines.Provides drug information targeted for patients.A drug database organized by generic name, trade name and drug class.LPCH / Stanford Hospital Formulary.A goldmine of trusted consumer health information from the world's largest medical library.Provides patient handouts from the American Academy of Family Physician.Access to the Stanford Health Library for patients.A continually updating drug monograph.