LAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Lab tests online Am Assoc Clin ChemProvides patients and caregivers with information about clinical tests that are part of routine care, diagnosis, and treatment of various conditions and diseases.
- LactMed NLMIncludes information on drugs and lactation and contains over 450 drug records, and maternal levels in breast milk, infant levels in blood, potential effects in breastfeeding infants and on lactation itself, the AAP category for level of compatibility of the drug with breastfeeding, and alternate drugs to consider. References are included, as is nomenclature information, such as the drug's Chemical Abstract Service's (CAS) Registry number and its broad drug class.
- Landolt-Börnstein SpringerSpringerMaterials is based on the Landolt-Börnstein New Series, the unique, fully evaluated data collection in all areas of physical sciences and engineering. SpringerMaterials also comprises the Dortmund Data Bank Software & Separation Technology, a Database on Thermophysical Properties and the Linus Pauling Files, a Database on Inorganic Solid Phases and chemical safety data.Chemical Safety data has: REACH Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals, GHS Globally Harmonized System RoHS Restriction of Hazardous Substances, WEEE Waste from Electrical and Electronic Equipment.
- Lane catalog Lane Med LibrThe Lane Catalog contains records for 280,000 specific resources, including journals, books, pamphlets, articles, chapters, videos, graphics, software, objects, etc., much of it available in digital formats regardless of age. The catalog emphasizes relationships between works, MeSH (medical subject headings), and coverage from the 13th century to today. Most content represented in the catalog is in English, with strong collections of German, French, and Latin, former languages of science, and specialized or representative materials in other languages, particularly Arabic.
- Includes records for controlled vocabulary used at Lane Medical Library, including MeSH (with local extensions and appended references), as well as personal, corporate, meeting, language, and place names, with historical and biographical information, name changes, time periods, uniform titles for works, etc. These records are derived from internal authority files.
- Lane Library Mobile Mobile Website, Various PlatformsMobile version of the Lane Medical Library website. Quick access to Lane Library's key resources on mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android, etc. "Search or browse to get fulltext articles, journals, books or databases. Use Lane's Clinical PICO search to target the best available clinical information quickly. Handy links to Lane hours and mobile versions of PubMed, UpToDate, and more"--Website.
- LaneConnex WebsiteAn information service interface with bioresearch, clinical, pediatrics, and history portals. It provides federated search of a variety of resources, including databases, fulltext books and journals, clinical calculators, and other local and remote resources. It also serves as the library's homepage and conduit to its many services. In May 2007, the search covers around 200 databases and fulltext resources, as well as metadata for 7167 local records extracted from the Lane catalog.
- LANGE Educational Library McGraw-Hill
- Lange Self-assessment tool AccessMedicine, Stanford users must registerAccess to 3000+ exam questions.
- Latin America data base DatabaseAn information service which includes an online searchable archive of articles on politics, economics, human rights, the environment, drugs, guerrillas, military and other stories dating from 1986 and updated weekly. Also includes back issues of Latin American economic journals in Spanish and RETAnet: Resources for teaching about the Americas.
- Lecture browser (MIT) Search EngineVideo search engine for lectures given at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Lexi-Comp Online Database, Classic VersionMobile Application, Various Platforms Users must download the app, obtain a product code and register per instructions on website.Includes these databases in Lexi-Comp's complete Clinical Reference Library: -- - Lexi-Drugs Online -- - Pediatric Lexi-Drugs Online -- - AHFS Essentials (Adult and Pediatric) -- - AHFS DI (Adult and Pediatric) -- - Geriatric Lexi-Drugs Online -- - Natural Products Database.Includes these local databases: -- - Lucile Packard Children's Hospital Housestaff Manual (Formulary) -- - Stanford Hospital & Clinics Formulary.
- Lexi-DrugID online Database
- Lexi-Interact online Database
- Lexis-Nexis academic DatabaseProvides access to information on top news, general news topics, company news, industry & market news, government & political news, legal company news, industry & market news, government & political news, legal news, company financial information, country profiles, state profiles, biographical information, reference & directories, general medical & health topics, medical abstracts, accounting, auditing & tax, law reviews, federal case law, U.S. Code, Constitution & court rules, and state legal research.
- Library of Congress online catalog Lib Congress
- LILACS DatabaseIndexes literature produced in Latin American countries that are not indexed in Medline. Includes MeSH.
- An annotated bibliography of prose, poetry, film, video and art for use in the medical humanities.
- Litt's D.E.R.M. database DatabaseMobile Website Users must create a username and password in Litt's, and log into Litt's with that username and password on the mobile device.This database provides the user with a basis for the correct diagnosis and identification of agents responsible for dermatological reaction patterns.
- LiverTox Fulltext"LIVERTOX provides up-to-date, accurate, and easily accessed information on the diagnosis, cause, frequency, patterns, and management of liver injury attributable to prescription and nonprescription medications, herbals and dietary supplements. "--Website.
- LOCATE DatabaseA curated, web-accessible database that houses data describing the membrane organization and subcellular localization of proteins from the FANTOM3 Isoform Protein Sequence set.
- LocatorPlus NLM
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.