DocXpress » eDelivery
DocXpress, Lane's web-based interlibrary loan and document delivery service, provides access to research materials from around the world, as well as from the Stanford Libraries. Use DocXpress eDelivery to request materials not available at Stanford or unavailable in digital format from Lane or other Stanford Libraries. If you need help, contact us via or ask for assistance at our User Services Desk.
- Articles are delivered as PDF files to your DocXpress account. You may access them for 14 days.
- Turnaround time is typically 24-48 hours (more time may be required if the item is located at other Stanford libraries or offsite).
- Rush service for patient care is available.
- Requests are processed daily, Monday–Friday. We make every effort to process your requests as soon as they are received.
Rush Service Definitions
- Urgent Patient Care
- A case where the information requested is required to aid in immediate treatment of acute medical emergencies. Only SUMC medical staff is eligible to place such requests. We will make every effort possible to rapidly obtain this information.
- Rush Delivery
- One-day service in support of work or study related to time-sensitive Stanford research or clinical activity. While we make every effort to submit requests immediately, Lane Library and the requester must still wait for the supplier's processing and delivery time.
For a fee, we will create and deliver digital copies of articles and book chapters currently owned by a Stanford library, but available in print only. Available only to registered DocXpress users.
- You must have a DocXpress account to request Pull & Copy service (Register now).
- Log in to your account.
- Select "Yes, I am willing to pay" on the web form, just before the submit button.
- Submit request form.
Articles from Lane Library
- $5.00 per article (1-20 pgs)
- Add 20¢ per page after 20 pages
- Request for duplicate copies billed at same rate.
Articles from other Stanford Libraries
- Add a $5.00 fee for each trip made by the library runner to the base fee
A monthly invoice will be sent via email attachment for requests filled within each calendar month.
We accept the following:
- Personal checks
- Cash (exact amount only)
- Credit cards
If the material you need is not available from Stanford libraries, there is NO CHARGE for DocXpress Interlibrary Loan service to eligible Stanford School of Medicine students, faculty and staff (excludes duplicate requests). (Check your eligibility). However, Lane Medical Library incurs costs for this service averaging $50.00 per item, so please request prudently.
- Call: 650-725-4584
- Fax: 650-725-7471
- Ariel: 184.108.40.206
- Call Pull & Copy: 650-725-8164