- Course Reserve items can be checked out only if you are registered to borrow from Lane.
- Ask staff at the User Services Desk for assistance; provide the call number, title, or author for fastest service.
- Course Reserve items must be checked out. Due dates vary - be sure to check return time online and on date due slips.
- A late fee of $1.00 per hour per item is assessed for overdue materials.
- No renewal is permitted.
- To identify what is on reserve, consult the Course Reserves binder at the Service Desk or search online (learn how in the section below).
Identifying Materials Reserved for SoM Courses
Search for Course Reserves by following these steps:
- Go to the Lane Catalog
- Click the red "Course Reserves" tab (next to "Basic Search" and "Advanced Search" tabs)
- Select any of the following:
- Click the "Search" button.
A printed list is also available at the Service Desk at Lane main location.
Requests to Reserve Course Materials
Here are four ways to request that course materials be placed on reserve at Lane Library:
- Complete the "Course Reserve Materials List"
included with the reserves packet mailed to your department
each quarter, or download
Mail it to:
- MC 5123, Attention: Course Reserves Processing.
- Email the following information to the course reserves
coordinator Youping Li at :
- Course Name,
- Course Number,
- Instructor(s) Name(s),
- Complete Citations for Books or Book Chapters.
- Come to the library in person and submit forms at the User Services Desk at Lane Library.
- To activate a previous quarter's course reserve list, email your request to the course reserves coordinator, Youping Li, at , or call 723-6832.
Not owned by the library?
If you need materials not currently owned by library, please request that we purchase the item(s) one to two months in advance of the class. The library can purchase only one copy per title.
To make a purchase request and reserve that material: