Immunology & Rheumatology
Guidelines/ Diagnostic criteria/ Management
ACR practice guidelines
EULAR recommendations for management
- Systemic Lupus Erytematosus
- Systemic Lupus Erythematosus With Neuropsychiatric Manifestations
- Lupus Nephritis
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- Management Of Ankylosing Spondylitis - The Patient Version
- Anklyosing Spondylitis: A Systematic Literature Review
- Calcium Pyrophosphate Disease
- Vaccination In Adult Patients With Autoimmune Inflammatory Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis With Synthetic And Biological Disease-Modifying Antirheumatic Drugs
- Cardiovascular Risk Management In Patients With Rheumatoid Arthritis And Other Forms Of Inflammatory Arthritis
- Systemic Glucocorticoid Therapy In Rheumatic Diseases
- Systemic Glucocorticoid Therapy In Rheumatic Diseases Pt 2
- Treatment Of Systemic Sclerosis: A Report From The Eular Scleroderma Trials And Research Group (Eustar)
- Behçet Disease
- Fibromyalgia Syndrome
- Hand Osteoarthritis
- Early Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
ACR criteria for rheumatic diseases
- Sjogren's Syndrome
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Churg-Strauss Syndrome
- Giant Cell (Temporal) Arteritis
- Henoch-Schoenlein Purpura
- Hypersensitivity Vasculitis
- Osteoarthritis- Hand
- Osteoarthritis- Hip
- Osteoarthritis- Knee
- Polyarteritis Nodosa
- Reactive Arthritis
- Systemic Sclerosis
- Takayasu Arteritis
- Wegener'S Granulomatosis- Granulomatosis With Polyangiitis
EULAR classification and diagnosis criteria/ response criteria
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Systemic Vasculitis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Diagnosis And Initial Management Of Patients With Acute Or Recent Onset Swelling Of The Knee
- Hand Osteoarthritis
Patient Handouts and Resources
Recommended Reading & Guidelines
- A randomized study of the effect of withdrawing hydroxychloroquine sulfate in systemic lupus erythematosus. The Canadian Hydroxychloroquine Study Group. N Engl J Med, 1991. 324(3): p. 150-4.
- Alarcon, G.S., et al., Effect of hydroxychloroquine on the survival of patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: data from LUMINA, a multiethnic US cohort (LUMINA L). Ann Rheum Dis, 2007. 66(9): p. 1168-72.
- American College of Rheumatology, New NOF Guidelines and the WHO Fracture Assessment Tool or FRAX. 2008.
- American College of Rheumatology, Osteoporosis and Bone Mineral Density - American College of Rheumatology. 2010.
- Appel, G.B., et al., Mycophenolate mofetil versus cyclophosphamide for induction treatment of lupus nephritis. J Am Soc Nephrol, 2009. 20(5): p. 1103-12.
- Cummings, S.R., et al., Denosumab for prevention of fractures in postmenopausal women with osteoporosis. N Engl J Med, 2009. 361(8): p. 756-65.
- Erkan, D., G. Espinosa, and R. Cervera, Catastrophic antiphospholipid syndrome: updated diagnostic algorithms. Autoimmun Rev, 2010. 10(2): p. 74-9.
- Fam, A.G., Paraneoplastic rheumatic syndromes. Baillieres Best Pract Res Clin Rheumatol, 2000. 14(3): p. 515-33.
- Ginzler, E.M., et al., Nonrenal disease activity following mycophenolate mofetil or intravenous cyclophosphamide as induction treatment for lupus nephritis: findings in a multicenter, prospective, randomized, open-label, parallel-group clinical trial. Arthritis Rheum, 2010. 62(1): p. 211-21.
- Houssiau, F.A., et al., Immunosuppressive therapy in lupus nephritis: the Euro-Lupus Nephritis Trial, a randomized trial of low-dose versus high-dose intravenous cyclophosphamide. Arthritis Rheum, 2002. 46(8): p. 2121-31.
- Manzi, S., et al., Effects of belimumab, a B lymphocyte stimulator-specific inhibitor, on disease activity across multiple organ domains in patients with systemic lupus erythematosus: combined results from two phase III trials. Ann Rheum Dis, 2012. 71(11): p. 1833-8.
- Merrill, J.T., et al., The efficacy and safety of abatacept in patients with non-life-threatening manifestations of systemic lupus erythematosus: results of a twelve-month, multicenter, exploratory, phase IIb, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum, 2010. 62(10): p. 3077-87.
- Miyakis, S., et al., International consensus statement on an update of the classification criteria for definite antiphospholipid syndrome (APS). J Thromb Haemost, 2006. 4(2): p. 295-306.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, IMACS FORM 07A: MYOSITIS DISEASE ACTIVITY. 2005.
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences, MANUAL MUSCLE TESTING PROCEDURES for MMT8 TESTING. 2007.
- Petri, M., et al., Combined oral contraceptives in women with systemic lupus erythematosus. N Engl J Med, 2005. 353(24): p. 2550-8.
- Petri, M., et al., Derivation and validation of the Systemic Lupus International Collaborating Clinics classification criteria for systemic lupus erythematosus. Arthritis Rheum, 2012. 64(8): p. 2677-86.
- Stone, J.H., et al., Mechanisms of Disease: IgG4-related disease. N Engl J Med, 2012. 366(6): p. 539-51.
- Weening, J.J., et al., The classification of glomerulonephritis in systemic lupus erythematosus revisited. Kidney Int, 2004. 65(2): p. 521-30.
Arthritis & Rheumatism
Arthritis Care & Research
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
Limit your PubMed search to Cochrane Reviews, AHRQ Evidence Reports, BMJ Clinical Evidence topics, FPIN Clinical Inquiries, and ACP Journal Club article reviews. Limit your PubMed search to systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development name conferences, guidelines and citations to articles from journals specializing in review studies of value to clinicians.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.PubMed Guidelines: PubMed search restricted to articles identified as "guidelines"PubMed Reviews: Reviews limited to selected pediatric journals, core clinical journals, past 5-years, and English-language.eMedicine: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing articles on 7,000 diseases and disorders. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesMedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffBMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditionsMicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.Micromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test information