Google Health News
- Random mutations blamed for big role cancer - CBS News
- Study finds white working class increasingly dying 'deaths of despair' - Chicago Tribune
- CancerLocator Tool Aims to Non-Invasively Diagnose Cancer, Pinpoint Tissue of Origin - GenomeWeb
- Want to examine your semen? There's a device for that - The Verge
- Brother of courageous mom who kicked cancer: 'She made sure those babies would live' - WLS-TV
- Critical step found in DNA repair, cellular aging - Harvard Gazette
- Doctor believes he found cure for sepsis - 9NEWS.com
- Health Officials Warn About Detroit-Area Hepatitis A Cases - U.S. News & World Report
- St. Louis County jury finds mother guilty of poisoning 9-year-old son - STLtoday.com
- Scientists discover way to produce unlimited blood supply - UPI.com
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Medicine & Molecular Biology
Bay Area Health Care
Provides fulltext access to Lane's resources.
Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 25 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)A medical search engine provides access to 9,000 medical and procedural videos, 1,000 books and over.All online issues of the Journal of the American Medical Association.Nature, the international weekly journal of science.New England Journal of Medicine.Search Ovid databases.Lane Library's DocXpress service obtains article and book chapter PDFs as well as print book loans from other libraries at no cost to School of Medicine affiliated users as well as scans PDFs of articles or book chapters from Lane's print collection for a small fee.
VisualDx is a decision support system that allows clinicians to build a patient-specific differential, search by diagnosis, or review medication-related events.Health education and information about illnesses, diseases and conditions provided by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Critical appraisals of new drugs and comparative reviews of drugs for common diseases.Micromedex CareNotes for SHC delivers patient education materials across the continuum of care — including pre-care, inpatient, discharge, emergency department, ambulatory, and wellness education. CareNotes are available in both English and Spanish.The key resource for information on dietary supplements, natural medicines, and complementary alternative and integrative therapies. Excellent source for checking interactions.Limit your PubMed search to Cochrane Reviews, AHRQ Evidence Reports, BMJ Clinical Evidence topics, FPIN Clinical Inquiries,and ACP Journal Club article reviews. A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access systematic reviews.A specialized PubMed search geared towards helping clinicians quickly access clinical trials.Using the links on this site will get you directly to the ICPSR (Inter-University Consortium for Political and Social Research) and the Roper Center for Public Opinion Research. Stanford is a member of both. If you create an individual account with your Stanford affiliation, you will be able to download available datasets on these sites.Population health science requires scientists from different disciplinary backgrounds to combine their knowledge and expertise to answer questions that individual disciplines alone cannot. The Interdisciplinary Association for Population Health Science (IAPHS) was founded to bring them all together.Public health protects and improves the health of individuals, families, communities, and populations, locally and globally.The mission of the Population Health Alliance is to advance the principles of population health improvement, so they become pillars of our healthcare system.