Google Health News
- Deadly Ebola virus on the move in Africa - Washington Post
- Ebola patient arriving in Atlanta on Saturday, and doctors are ready - Los Angeles Times
- Officials warn of vibrio vulnificus - WBAL Baltimore
- No reported cases of West Nile virus in area - Temple Daily Telegram
- Blood test could identify people more likely to commit suicide, says study - South China Morning Post (subscription)
- The Pill linked to breast cancer risk for younger women - Fox News
- US CDC lab inspectors may have risked public safety: documents - Reuters
- Scientists develop way to make bodies "see-through" - HealthCentral.com
- The 9 unhealthiest restaurant meals in America - Philly.com
- Oklahoma is sitting out new Affordable Care Act grant $$ - Enid News & Eagle
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Medicine & Molecular Biology
- Encyclopedia of Genetics, Genomics, Proteomics, and Bioinformatics, 2005
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, 2007.
- Encyclopedia of Molecular Medicine, 2002.
- Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2006.
- Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 1989.
Math & Statistics
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
Limit your PubMed search to Cochrane Reviews, AHRQ Evidence Reports, BMJ Clinical Evidence topics, FPIN Clinical Inquiries, and ACP Journal Club article reviews. Limit your PubMed search to systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development name conferences, guidelines and citations to articles from journals specializing in review studies of value to clinicians.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.PubMed Guidelines: PubMed search restricted to articles identified as "guidelines"PubMed Reviews: Reviews limited to selected pediatric journals, core clinical journals, past 5-years, and English-language.eMedicine: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing articles on 7,000 diseases and disorders. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesMedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffBMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditionsMicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.Micromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test information