Google Health News
- Sebelius asks inspector general to review health site - USA TODAY
- Dementia: Five priorities - BBC News
- FDA targets antibiotics in meat - USA TODAY
- WHO: Malaria Control Efforts Saved 3.3 Million Since 2000 - Voice of America
- Long-term antacid use linked to vitamin B12 deficiency - Medical News Today
- Does dad's diet determine a baby's genetic fate? - Los Angeles Times
- Kansans once again trump Missourians in health rankings - Kansas City Star
- HIPARCO: CPAP reduced BP in patients with sleep apnea, resistant hypertension - Healio
- UPDATE 1-CytRx's cancer treatment meets main goal, shares soar - Reuters
- Nebraska AG Bruning diagnosed with colon cancer - San Francisco Chronicle
Dictionaries & Encyclopedias
Medicine & Molecular Biology
- Encyclopedia of Genetics, Genomics, Proteomics, and Bioinformatics, 2005
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences, 2007.
- Encyclopedia of Molecular Medicine, 2002.
- Oxford Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2006.
- Dictionary of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 1989.
Math & Statistics
Bay Area Health Care
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
Limit your PubMed search to Cochrane Reviews, AHRQ Evidence Reports, BMJ Clinical Evidence topics, FPIN Clinical Inquiries, and ACP Journal Club article reviews. Limit your PubMed search to systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development name conferences, guidelines and citations to articles from journals specializing in review studies of value to clinicians.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.PubMed Guidelines: PubMed search restricted to articles identified as "guidelines"PubMed Reviews: Reviews limited to selected pediatric journals, core clinical journals, past 5-years, and English-language.eMedicine: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing articles on 7,000 diseases and disorders. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesMedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffBMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditionsMicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.Micromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test information