- Being Mortal: medicine and what matters in the end
- Changing the way we die : compassionate end-of-life care and the hospice movement
- Cicely Saunders Selected Writings 1958-2004
- Clinician's Handbook of Symptoms Relief in Palliative Care (Amazon)
- The Divine Art of Dying: How to Live Well While Dying 2014
- Introducing Palliative Care
- Knocking on Heaven's Door : the Path to a Better Way of Death
- Palliative aspects of emergency care
- Palliative Care Perspectives
- Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine
- Research Methods in Palliative Care
Advance Care Planning
- National Institute on Aging
- MOLST (NY)
- MOLST (MA)
- MOLST (MD)
- Advance Directives NCI)
- Doctor, How Long Have I Got? (InteliHealth)
- Communication with Your Family and Your Doctor about Your Wishes (ACEP)
- Conversations Before the Crisis (NHPCO)
- Stanford Letter Project
- Talking about End-of-life Treatment Decisions (AHRQ)
- If You or Someone You Love is Very Ill... Ask Tough Questions (NHPCO)
- End of Life Choices - CPR and DNR (FCA)
- Artificial Hydration and Nutrition (AAFP)
- Food and Fluid Issues at End of Life (HPNA)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (AAFP)
- End of Life Choices - Feeding Tubes and Ventilators (FCA)
- End of Life: Caring for a Dying Loved One (Mayo)
- How Can an Emergency Department Assist Patients and Caregivers at the End of Life? (ACEP)
- Things to Do After Someone Dies (NIA)
- What Happens When Someone Dies? (NIA)
- When You Have Pain at the End-of-Life (ACP)
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)
- Center to Advance Palliative Care
- European Association for Palliative Care
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
- Hospice Foundation of America
- National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- National Palliative Care Research Center
Patient Financial Issues
Stanford Grand Rounds
- Good Communication is Not Magic: An Empirical Approach to Talking with Seriously Ill Patients
- A Wise Choice: Palliative Sedation for Refractory Pain and Suffering at the End-of-Life
- The Two Minute Drill: Tools for Conducting Crucial Conversations
- Integrating Palliative Care into Out-Patient Cancer Care
Stanford Palliative on YouTube
Can We Talk?: An interview with Dr. Stephanie Pincus, Institute of Medicine on End-of-life care
Self Care: What doctors do
Can we talk? Helping our loved ones express their end-of-life wishes
MedEd 2.0: Competency Based Medical Education, by Eric Holmboe, MD : Chapter 6 of 6
National Hospice on YouTube
Bringing the Positive Message of Hospice and Palliative Care… to the Skies
Grandma Luk’s Journey
- Burden of caring: risks and consequences imposed on caregivers of those living and dying with advanced heart failure.
- Parenting challenges in the setting of terminal illness: a family-focused perspective.
- The supportive roles of religion and spirituality in end-of-life and palliative care of patients with cancer in a culturally diverse context: a literature review.
- Understanding death with limited experience in life: dying children's and adolescents' understanding of their own terminal illness and death.
- Existential distress among healthcare providers caring for patients at the end of life.
- Improving the quality of end-of-life discussions.
- Heart failure and palliative care: training needs assessment to guide priority learning of multiprofessionals working across different care settings.
- Desire for hastened death: exploring the emotions and the ethics.
- Supporting youth grieving the dying or death of a sibling or parent: considerations for parents, professionals, and communities.
- Palliative and end-of-life care issues in chronic kidney disease.
- Medically provided hydration and nutrition in infants: ethical considerations.
Journal of Palliative Medicine
- Cochrane Reviews: Four Proposals for Improvement
- The Safety of Terminal Withdrawal of Mechanical Ventilation in End-of-Life Care: Unanswered Questions
- The Spiritual Comfort Measure
- Understanding the Barriers to Hospice Care in Saudi Arabia
- Case Report: Relieving the Itch of Cholestasis with Corticosteroids in Palliative Care
- Adding Value to Palliative Care Services: The Development of an Institutional Bereavement Program
- Have We Improved Pain Control in Cancer Patients? A Multicenter Study of Ambulatory and Hospitalized Cancer Patients
- Longitudinal Trends in Costs of Palliative Radiation for Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Oropharyngeal Candidiasis in Palliative Care Patients in Denmark
- Caring Decisions: The Development of a Written Resource for Parents Facing End-of-Life Decisions
- The Impact of Inpatient Palliative Care Consultations on 30-Day Hospital Readmissions
- An Advanced Practice Nurse Coordinated Multidisciplinary Intervention for Patients with Late-Stage Cancer: A Cluster Randomized Trial
- The Preference to Discuss Expected Survival Is Associated with Loss of Meaning and Purpose in Terminally Ill Cancer Patients
- Prophylactic Use of Antiemetics for Prevention of Opioid-Induced Nausea and Vomiting: A Questionnaire Survey among Japanese Physicians
- Psychological Well-Being and Family Environment of Siblings of Children with Life Threatening Illness
- Total Artificial Heart #296
- Lost in Translation: The Patient-Physician Relationship in the Molecular Era
- The Ride
- Going to Hospice
- Caring for Children Who Have Severe Neurological Impairment
- Intensity of Medical Interventions between Diagnosis and Death in Patients with Advanced Lung and Colorectal Cancer: A CanCORS Analysis
- Medical Student Training On Code Status Discussions: How Far Have We Come?
- Avoiding Spending While Meeting Patients' Wishes: A Model of Community-Based Palliative Care Uptake in California from 2014–2022
- Winged Metal Needles versus Plastic Winged and Nonwinged Cannulae for Subcutaneous Infusions in Palliative Care: A Quality Improvement Project To Enhance Patient Care and Medical Staff Safety in a Singaporean Hospital
- Impact of a Palliative Care Program on Tracheostomy Utilization in a Community Hospital
- Teaching Surgery Residents the Skills to Communicate Difficult News to Patient and Family Members: A Literature Review
- Patient-Reported Barriers to High-Quality, End-of-Life Care: A Multiethnic, Multilingual, Mixed-Methods Study
- Palliative Surgery for Advanced Cancer: Identifying Evidence-Based Criteria for Patient Selection: Case Report and Review of Literature
- Flying Away: Music as a Means for Letting Go at the End of Life
- Time to Death after Terminal Withdrawal of Mechanical Ventilation: Specific Respiratory and Physiologic Parameters May Inform Physician Predictions
- Waiting for an Answer: Hospice Care and Novel Immunotherapy
- Cleansing of Body and Spirit
- Things I Wish I Knew about Nursing Homes Before I Worked There
- Do Not Assume!
- Impact of Staffing on Access to Palliative Care in U.S. Hospitals
- Exploring the Relationship of Patient and Informal Caregiver Characteristics with Heart Failure Self-Care Using the Actor-Partner Interdependence Model: Implications for Outpatient Palliative Care
- Clinical Criteria for Physician Aid in Dying
- Correlates of Family Satisfaction with Hospice Care: General Inpatient Hospice Care versus Routine Home Hospice Care
- The Effect of Community-Based Specialist Palliative Care Teams on Place of Care
- Identification of Challenges to the Availability and Accessibility of Opioids in Twelve European Countries: Conclusions from Two ATOME Six-Country Workshops
- Consensus-Based Palliative Care Competencies for Undergraduate Nurses and Physicians: A Demonstrative Process with Colombian Universities
- Gender Differences in Caregiving at End of Life: Implications for Hospice Teams
- The Growth of Palliative Care in U.S. Hospitals: A Status Report
- Preferred and Actual Location of Death: What Factors Enable a Preferred Home Death?
- Olanzapine in the Management of Difficult to Control Nausea and Vomiting in a Palliative Care Population: A Case Series
- A Quantitative Framework Classifying the Palliative Care Workforce into Specialist and Generalist Components
- Persistent Diarrhea after Celiac Plexus Block in a Pancreatic Cancer Patient: Case Report and Literature Review
- Nebulized Tranexamic Acid as a Noninvasive Therapy for Cancer-Related Hemoptysis
- Clergy Views on a Good Versus a Poor Death: Ministry to the Terminally Ill
- Does Disclosure of Terminal Prognosis Mean Losing Hope? Insights from Exploring Patient Perspectives on their Experience of Palliative Care Consultations
- Does Diagnosis Make a Difference? Comparing Hospice Care Satisfaction in Matched Cohorts of Heart Failure and Cancer Caregivers
- Advanced Cancer and End-of-Life Preferences: Curative Intent Surgery Versus Noncurative Intent Treatment
- Drug-Induced Acute Urinary Retention #287
- Why Interdisciplinary Teams Ten Years Later?
- From Goals of Care to Improved Family Outcomes in the NICU: Determining the Intervention
- Comparing Symptom Burden in Patients with Metastatic and Nonmetastatic Cancer
- A Practical Guide to Improving End-of-Life Care
- Community Discussions: A Vision for Cutting the Costs of End-of-Life
- Courage, Leadership, and End-of-Life Care: When Courage Counts
- Early Palliative Care for Patients with Metastatic Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Temel et al.
- In the End, it May Not Be About Medicine (Reuters Health)
- More Visits from Hospice May Allow Death at Home (Reuters Health)
- Pivotal articles via CAPC
- On a mission to transform end-of-life care (SCOPE)
Provides fulltext access to Lane's resources.
Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.A medical search engine provides access to 9,000 medical and procedural videos, 1,000 books and over 500 journals from Elsevier Publishing.