- Being Mortal: medicine and what matters in the end
- Changing the way we die : compassionate end-of-life care and the hospice movement
- Cicely Saunders Selected Writings 1958-2004
- Clinician's Handbook of Symptoms Relief in Palliative Care (Amazon)
- The Divine Art of Dying: How to Live Well While Dying 2014
- Introducing Palliative Care
- Knocking on Heaven's Door : the Path to a Better Way of Death
- Palliative aspects of emergency care
- Palliative Care Perspectives
- Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine
- Research Methods in Palliative Care
Advance Care Planning
- National Institute on Aging
- MOLST (NY)
- MOLST (MA)
- MOLST (MD)
- Advance Directives NCI)
- Doctor, How Long Have I Got? (InteliHealth)
- Communication with Your Family and Your Doctor about Your Wishes (ACEP)
- Conversations Before the Crisis (NHPCO)
- Talking about End-of-life Treatment Decisions (AHRQ)
- If You or Someone You Love is Very Ill... Ask Tough Questions (NHPCO)
- End of Life Choices - CPR and DNR (FCA)
- Artificial Hydration and Nutrition (AAFP)
- Food and Fluid Issues at End of Life (HPNA)
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) (AAFP)
- End of Life Choices - Feeding Tubes and Ventilators (FCA)
- End of Life: Caring for a Dying Loved One (Mayo)
- How Can an Emergency Department Assist Patients and Caregivers at the End of Life? (ACEP)
- Things to Do After Someone Dies (NIA)
- What Happens When Someone Dies? (NIA)
- When You Have Pain at the End-of-Life (ACP)
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Academy of Hospice and Palliative Medicine (AAHPM)
- Center to Advance Palliative Care
- European Association for Palliative Care
- Family Caregiver Alliance
- Hospice and Palliative Nurses Association (HPNA)
- Hospice Foundation of America
- National Hospice & Palliative Care Organization
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- National Palliative Care Research Center
Patient Financial Issues
Stanford Grand Rounds
- Good Communication is Not Magic: An Empirical Approach to Talking with Seriously Ill Patients
- A Wise Choice: Palliative Sedation for Refractory Pain and Suffering at the End-of-Life
- The Two Minute Drill: Tools for Conducting Crucial Conversations
- Integrating Palliative Care into Out-Patient Cancer Care
Stanford Palliative on YouTube
Can We Talk?: An interview with Dr. Stephanie Pincus, Institute of Medicine on End-of-life care
Self Care: What doctors do
Can we talk? Helping our loved ones express their end-of-life wishes
National Hospice on YouTube
Carmin's Love, Light, and Circle of Song
Medicare Technical Reports: What They Mean for Future Hospice Payment Changes
Don Schumacher on Why This Data Matters So Much!!!
- Self-determination, end-of-life decisions, and the role of nurse practitioners.
- Communicating patient DNR status using color-coded wristbands.
- Medicine and the arts. By Small and Small: Midnight to Four A.M. by Jack Gilbert. Commentary.
- A Vienna reflection.
- Training the next generation of doctors in palliative care is the key to the new era of value-based care.
- Recording medical students' encounters with standardized patients using Google Glass: providing end-of-life clinical education.
- A comparison of Web-based and small-group palliative and end-of-life care curricula: a quasi-randomized controlled study at one institution.
- Interventions to improve hospice and palliative care referral: a systematic review.
- End-of-life-vignettes. In God's hands.
- Caregivers experiences of managing medications for palliative care patients at the end of life: a qualitative study.
- South African critical care nurses' views on end-of-life decision-making and practices.
- Intimacy or utility? Organ donation and the choice between palliation and ventilation.
- Predictive role of different dimensions of burden for risk of complicated grief in caregivers of terminally ill patients.
- Clinical review: the role of the intensivist and the rapid response team in nosocomial end-of-life care.
- Does end-of-life decision making matter? Perspectives of older homeless adults.
- End-of-life care in a general respiratory ward in the United Kingdom.
- Feeding: what it means to patients and caregivers and how these views influence Singaporean Chinese caregivers' decisions to continue feeding at the end of life.
- End-of-life care attitudes, values, and practices among health care workers.
- Commonly prescribed medications in a population of hospice patients.
- End-of-life-vignettes. Afraid.
Journal of Palliative Medicine
- In This Issue
- Rearranging the Toes on My Baby
- A “Gleevec Moment”
- Aripiprazole for the Treatment of Depression in Palliative Care
- Long-Term Continuous Subcutaneous Infusion of Ketorolac in Hospice Patients
- Physician and Parent Perceptions of Prognosis and End-of-Life Experience in Children with Advanced Heart Disease
- Palliative Care Case Managers in Primary Care: A Descriptive Study of Referrals in Relation to Treatment Aims
- Promoting Resiliency among Palliative Care Clinicians: Stressors, Coping Strategies, and Training Needs
- Curricular Innovations for Medical Students in Palliative and End-of-Life Care: A Systematic Review and Assessment of Study Quality
- Complex Chronic Conditions in Rhode Island's Pediatric Populace: Implications for Palliative and Hospice Services, 2000–2012
- A Survey of Bereaved Family Members To Assess Quality of Care on a Palliative Care Unit
- Daily Subcutaneous Parecoxib Injection for Cancer Pain: An Open Label Pilot Study
- Intravenous Lidocaine for Cancer Pain without Electrocardiographic Monitoring: A Retrospective Review
- Proactive Case Finding To Improve Concurrently Curative and Palliative Care in Patients with End-Stage Liver Disease
- Lack of Documentation of Evidence-Based Prognostication in Cancer Patients by Inpatient Palliative Care Consultants
- A Comparison of Pregabalin and Gabapentin in Palliative Care #289
- Your Own Sweet Time: Discontinuing Ventilator Support at Home
- The Legacy of Anatomical Donation
- Abstracts from the; Center to Advance Palliative Care National Seminar Pathways to Quality Palliative Care; November 13–15, 2014; Orlando, Florida
- Abstracts Author Index; by abstract number
- Prevalence of Renal Impairment in Palliative Care Inpatients—A Retrospective Analysis
- A Long Way from Morphine in Rural Cameroon
- The Journey of A Million Losses
- Wise Shoes to Fill: A Fellow's Reflection
- Hypoglycemia Management in Nondiabetic Adults at the End of Life #291
- Evaluating Stakeholder-Identified Barriers in Accessing Palliative Care at an NCI-Designated Cancer Center with a Rural Catchment Area
- Hospice Enrollment, Local Hospice Utilization Patterns, and Rehospitalization in Medicare Patients
- Constipation in Specialized Palliative Care: Prevalence, Definition, and Patient-Perceived Symptom Distress
- Teaching Health Care Providers To Provide Spiritual Care: A Pilot Study
- Heart Failure Prognosis: Comorbidities Matter
- Hearing Loss in Palliative Care
- The Population Burden of Chronic Symptoms that Substantially Predate the Diagnosis of a Life-Limiting Illness
- Update in Hospice and Palliative Care
- Does Interdisciplinary and Multiprofessional Undergraduate Education Increase Students' Self-Confidence and Knowledge Toward Palliative Care? Evaluation of an Undergraduate Curriculum Design for Palliative Care at a German Academic Hospital
- “We Haven't Got a Prayer” (Or Much of Anything Else for That Matter)
- Suffering to Change
- “Allow Natural Death” versus “Do Not Resuscitate:” What Do Patients with Advanced Cancer Choose?
- Last Medical Wishes
- An Unanticipated Awakening
- What Are the Most Loving Moments of Your Life?
- Oxycodone Frequently Induced Nausea and Vomiting in Oxycodone-Naïve Patients with Hepatic Dysfunction
- Cost Savings Associated with Expanded Hospice Use in Medicare
- Symptom Burden and Performance Status among Community-Dwelling Patients with Serious Illness
- Use of Vinegar To Relieve Persistent Hiccups in an Advanced Cancer Patient
- End-of-Life Care in Nursing Homes with Greater Versus Less Palliative Care Knowledge and Practice
- Advance Directives for Older Adults in the Emergency Department: A Systematic Review
- A Scalable Web-Based Module for Improving Surgical and Medical Practitioner Knowledge and Attitudes about Palliative and End-of-Life Care
- The Role of Palliative Care in Population Management and Accountable Care Organizations
- Being Discharged from Hospice Alive: The Lived Experience of Patients and Families
- Use of a Modified Liverpool Care Pathway in a Tertiary Asian Hospital: Is There Still a Role for It?
- Parents' Faith and Hope during the Pediatric Palliative Phase and the Association with Long-Term Parental Adjustment
- Risk Factors for Complicated Grief in Older Adults
- Palliative Care in Latin America from the Professional Perspective: A SWOT Analysis
- Conversations about End of Life: Perspectives of Nursing Home Residents, Family, and Staff
- Gabapentin for Management of Recurrent Pain in 22 Nonverbal Children with Severe Neurological Impairment: A Retrospective Analysis
- Drug-Induced Acute Urinary Retention #287
- Why Interdisciplinary Teams Ten Years Later?
- From Goals of Care to Improved Family Outcomes in the NICU: Determining the Intervention
- Comparing Symptom Burden in Patients with Metastatic and Nonmetastatic Cancer
- A Practical Guide to Improving End-of-Life Care
- Community Discussions: A Vision for Cutting the Costs of End-of-Life
- Courage, Leadership, and End-of-Life Care: When Courage Counts
- Early Palliative Care for Patients with Metastatic Non–Small-Cell Lung Cancer. Temel et al.
- In the End, it May Not Be About Medicine (Reuters Health)
- More Visits from Hospice May Allow Death at Home (Reuters Health)
- Pivotal articles via CAPC
- On a mission to transform end-of-life care (SCOPE)
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
Limit your PubMed search to Cochrane Reviews, AHRQ Evidence Reports, BMJ Clinical Evidence topics, FPIN Clinical Inquiries, and ACP Journal Club article reviews. Limit your PubMed search to systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development name conferences, guidelines and citations to articles from journals specializing in review studies of value to clinicians.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.PubMed Guidelines: PubMed search restricted to articles identified as "guidelines"PubMed Reviews: Reviews limited to selected pediatric journals, core clinical journals, past 5-years, and English-language.eMedicine: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing articles on 7,000 diseases and disorders. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesMedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffBMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditionsMicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.Micromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test information