Nursing & Allied Health
Evidence-Based Resources & Systematic Reviews
- Intro to EBP Resources
- Centre for Evidence-Based Medicine, Toronto
- Penn State Evidence-Based Practice Tutorial
- Duke and UNC – Introduction to Evidence-Based Practice
- American Journal of Nursing Series
NOTE: Search Google to find additional tutorials: tutorial "evidence based" nursing OR practice
Find Journal Articles
Use Lane Search or choose a database:
- American Journal of Nursing (AJN)
- Advances in Nursing Science (ANS)
- AORN Journal
- Journal of Nursing Administration (JONA)
- Journal of Pediatric Nursing
- Journal of Transcultural Nursing
- Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Clinics of North America
- Nursing Ethics
- Nursing Research
- Oncology Nursing Forum
- Stanford Nursing Publications
- Western Journal of Nursing Research
- Worldviews on Evidence-Based Nursing
- All Nursing Journals
Use Lane’s Clinical Search to explore UpToDate, PubMed, guidelines, and EBP resources in a single search.
- Back Injury among Healthcare Workers
- Choices in Palliative Care
- End-of-Life Communication in the ICU
- Guide to Culturally Competent Health Care
- Introduction to Nursing Informatics
- Handbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Keeping Patients Safe
- Lippincott Manual of Nursing Practice
- Textbook of Medical-Surgical Nursing [print]
- Pediatric Nursing
- Pediatric Oncology
- Pediatric Oncology Nursing
- Textbook of Palliative Nursing, 2nd edition
- Nursing Care Plans & Documentation
- Handbook of Consultation-Liaison Psychiatry
- AORN Guidelines for Perioperative Practice
Cross Cultural Health
Quality of Life & Spirituality
Provides fulltext access to Lane's resources.
Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)Provides one-click access to important clinical resources; includes evidence-based diagnosis and treatment guidelines, Books, EBM articles, Ovid MEDLINE, Drug facts and comparisons, Drug interaction facts, guidelines from National Guideline Clearinghouse, patient handouts (English and Spanish), and local content.A medical search engine provides access to 9,000 medical and procedural videos, 1,000 books and over 500 journals from Elsevier Publishing.
Limited to 1 simultaneous user; be sure to logoff when done. Radiological images: search by findings, anatomy, imaging technique, patient age, sex.David Lee Bassett MD (1913-1966), a professor in the Department of Anatomy at Stanford University School of Medicine, pioneered innovations in dissection to create this comprehensive set of three-dimensional human anatomy photographs. An interactive atlas of human anatomy; over 40 modules covering the full body.68,600 images and videos, 400+ step-by-step illustrated procedures, simultaneous search across Thieme's journals, e-books, and PubMed.
Limited to 19 simultaneous users. Designed to teach or review human anatomy; turn labels on/off, some quizzing.6th edition of An Atlas of illustrations and radiologic images provides views and perspectives that elucidate complex anatomic relationships.
Incorporates muscle tables as quick look-up appendices. Database of must-know cases covering every radiology subspecialty; clearly annotated images to identify key findings at-a-glance.Select “Images” tab; search over 2 million images covering these subject areas: Biochemistry, Dentistry, Genetics, Immunology, Microbiology, Medicine, Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Nursing & Health Professions, Veterinary Science & MedicineA presentation tool with thousands of stunning illustrations and clinical images from Gilroy et al.'s Atlas of Anatomy, 2nd Edition, and other Thieme titles.Archive of medical images of cancer for free public download. Images are organized as “Collections”, e.g., disease (lung cancer, etc.), image modality (MRI, CT, etc.) or research focus. DICOM file format.