LPCH Heart Center Nursing
Hand Washing Procedures
- Nontunneled Central Venous Catheters (NCVC): Maintenance and Management
- Peripheral Arterial Lines: Maintenance and Management
- Peripheral Intravenous (PIV) Catheter: Insertion and Management
- Peripherally Inserted Central Catheters (PICC) and Midline Catheter: Maintenance and Management
- Transthoracic Intracardiac Lines
- Tunneled Central Venous Catheters (CVC): Maintenance and Management
- Umbilical Artery Catheter Care
- Umbilical Venous Catheter Care
- Airway Care: Extubation
- Airway Care: Intubation, Assisting
- Inhaled Nitrogen Hypoxic Gas Mixtures
- Nasal Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Ventilation, Guideline for Nursing Care of the Infant
- Respiratory Care of the Child after Congenital Heart Surgery
- Suctioning, Oral, Nasal or Pharyngeal
- Suctioning of Ventilated Patients
- Tracheostomy Tubes: Maintenance and Care
Site Care & Dressing Changes
Tube Feeding Information
Urine Catheter Care
Peritoneal Dialysis Care
Post-Op Cardiac Surgery Topics
The Heart Center portal is a one-stop collection of high quality online resources and tools oriented towards all nursing staff who care for patients within LPCH Heart Center. One of the functions of the portal is to increase awareness of resources that otherwise might remain hidden and under-utilized.
Provide a thematically organized, curated list of clinical reference, research and teaching resources. Facilitate learning through selected high quality tutorials and reference resources.
Alice Rich, RN
Assistant Nurse Manager
Winnie Yung, RN,MN
Clinical Nurse Specialist
Cardiovascular Intensive Care Unit, Lucille Packard Children's Hospital
Provides fulltext access to Lane's resources.
Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 25 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)A medical search engine provides access to 9,000 medical and procedural videos, 1,000 books and over.All online issues of the Journal of the American Medical Association.Nature, the international weekly journal of science.New England Journal of Medicine.Search Ovid databases.