Genomes & Homology
- Ensembl Genome Browser
- NCBI Genome Browser
- UCSC Genome Browser | Videos
- MGD: Mouse Genome Database
- RGD: Rat Genome Database
- TAIR: The Arabidopsis Information Resource
- CGD: Candida Genome Database
- CMR: Comprehensive Microbial Repository
- SGD: Saccharomyces genome database
- The S. pombe Genome Project
- TGD: Tetrahymena Genome Database
Gene Expression & Function
High Throughput Data Analysis
Literature and Patent Search
PCR, Cloning and Sequence Analysis
Chemistry & Proteomics
- BIOBASE Knowledge Library | Videos
- PharmGKB | Videos
- Accelrys DiscoveryViewer
- BIND: Biomolecular Interaction Network Database
- Cn3D | Videos
- DIP: Database of Interacting Proteins
- DiscoveryGate | Videos
- NCBI MMDB
- PRIDE: Protein and Peptide Identification
- SCOP: Structural Classification of Proteins
Books for Learning R
- Introductory Statistics with R. 2002. Peter Dalgaard.
- Bioinformatics and Computational Biology Solutions Using R and Bioconductor. 2005. Robert Gentleman, Vince Carey, Wolfgang Huber, Rafael Irizarry, Sandrine Dudoit.
- R Programming for Bioinformatics. 2009. Robert Gentleman.
Online R Courses
- Essential Resources for Quantitative PCR
- How can I download full text of a set of search results?
- How can I find information about patents?
- Molecular biology software from the Broad Institute
- What is the easiest way to find transcription start site data?
- What is the fastest way to learn SQL?
- What is the Online Bioinformatics Resources Collection?
- Where can I find good summaries of bioinformatics, genomics and proteomics topics?
- Where can I find help with designing a microarray experiment?
- Where can I find market data for health care, including research topics?
- Get started programming in Perl
- What is CMGM?
- What is Eureka?
- What is the BIOBASE Knowledge Library database?
- What is the MMDB database?
- What is the TRANSFAC database?
To Be Announced
If you have any questions, or concerns,
please Contact Us
UpToDate: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing succinct and aggressively updated clinical topic reviews.PubMed: provides fulltext access to Lane's resources. Includes the MEDLINE database, which contains coverage of over 5000 journals and more than 16 million citations for biomedical articles, including, but not limited to, clinical trials, systematic reviews, case reports, and clinical practice guidelines.Lane RSS feeds (Really Simple Syndication)
Limit your PubMed search to Cochrane Reviews, AHRQ Evidence Reports, BMJ Clinical Evidence topics, FPIN Clinical Inquiries, and ACP Journal Club article reviews. Limit your PubMed search to systematic reviews, meta-analyses, reviews of clinical trials, evidence-based medicine, consensus development name conferences, guidelines and citations to articles from journals specializing in review studies of value to clinicians.The National Guideline Clearinghouse (NGC): A comprehensive database of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines and related documents.PubMed Guidelines: PubMed search restricted to articles identified as "guidelines"PubMed Reviews: Reviews limited to selected pediatric journals, core clinical journals, past 5-years, and English-language.eMedicine: A point-of-care clinical information resource containing articles on 7,000 diseases and disorders. The evidence-based content, updated regularly, provides the latest practice guidelines in 59 medical specialtiesMedlinePlus: A repository of health information from the National Library of Medicine. Links are from trusted sites. No advertising, no endorsement of commercial companies or productsLPCH CareNotes via MicroMedex: Patient education handouts customized by LPCH clinical staffBMJ Clinical Evidence. A clinical information tool built around systematic reviews summarizing the current state of knowledge about prevention and treatment of clinical conditionsMicroMedex: Premier pharmaceutical information source containing multiple databases and drug reference tools. Of particular value is DRUGDEX Evaluations, one of the most comprehensive drug sources available.Micromedex Lab Advisor: Evidence based laboratory test information