Using UpToDate at Stanford
Access UpToDate and Earn CME/CE/CPD Credits
Access UpToDate from:
Earn CME/CE/CPD credits
From Lane Library Website
Click on any UpToDate link on the Lane website.
IF YOU ARE NOT ACCESSING FROM LPCH OR STANFORD CAMPUS, FOLLOW BELOW
IF YOU ARE ACCESSING FROM LPCH OR STANFORD CAMPUS, SKIP AHEAD
Select your organization
Enter your ID and Password for the selected organization
If you are in LPCH or a Stanford campus
- Below is the main UpToDate search screen. It indicates that you're registered, have accessed UpToDate from Stanford in the last 90 days and CME/CE/CPD credits will accrue to your account.
- Additional Information about Earning CME/CE/CPD credits
- Go to UpToDate
Clicking UpToDate link in LPCH Epic top tool bar you will see either:
- The page with large search box in image immediately above or If you’re not registered (or its your first time) you’ll see the login/registration page below.
Registering & Earning CME/CE/CPD credits
- CME, CE or CPD credits are recorded in your UpToDate account
- Create your account by registering with UpToDate. Complete form on right side of page shown below.
- Accessing UpToDate from Epic or Lane’s website ensures credits go to your account and resets the 90 day clock
- If you have not accessed UpToDate from Epic or Lane’s website for 90+ days, re-validate your account
- UpToDate’s explanation of how CME/CE/CPD credits are earned
UpToDate Mobile Access
Once registered, you can install the Mobile App on up to two devices by following the instructions below:
- On your smartphone or tablet, search for “UpToDate” in your app store and install the free app
- Open the UpToDate Mobile App upon completion of download
- Log in with your UpToDate User Name and Password. You only need to do this once; the app remembers your User Name and Password
- Wi-Fi access is required for initial UpToDate Mobile download and full content updates.
If you have not accessed UpToDate from Epic or Lane’s website
in past 90 days,
you must login to continue earning CME credits.
The first time you access UpToDate you will be brought to the Login/Registration page. Upon completing the registration form you'll receive a confirmation email from UpToDate (that will include instructions for downloading the Mobile App).
If you already have an UpToDate User Name and password, DO NOT re-register.
If you do not know your UpToDate username or password or want to inquire about your personal subscription, please
UpToDate Customer Service
(Subject line "UpToDate Anywhere")
- Call +1-781-392-2000
Do not share your username or password.
It violates the user agreement and can lead to your losing UpToDate access.
Hit a Paywall?
- Contact Lane Medical Library: firstname.lastname@example.org