School of Medicine
Importing PubMed Citations into EndNote
- Connect to PubMed from Lane's homepage
- Run your search in PubMed. After you've selected some citations to download (by clicking
in the checkboxes to the left of the author name, click Send to and select File. Next, change Format to MEDLINE and click Create File.
- The default name for your downloaded references is pubmed-result.txt Click on Save to save the references.
- Start EndNote and open a Library (new or existing).
- Within EndNote, go to File and choose Import to import the citations you downloaded
- Use the Choose File button to locate your downloaded citations. Next, be sure that
the Import Option is set to PubMed (NLM). If it's not, locate the Other Filters option within the list and use it to retrieve
the filter for PubMed (NLM). Click on the Import button to import the citations. That's it!
- Today's hours: 8 am – 8 pm