How can I access online journals from EndNote version 9?
You can configure EndNote to use Lane's FindIt@Stanford menu. Use the instructions below for a one-time set up in EndNote, then you are set for all of your EndNote libraries and all of your article references, regardless of whether they are from PubMed or any other database.
I. Configure EndNote
- Open EndNote
- Select Edit; Preferences
- In Endnote Preferences, select the last option on the left, "OpenURL" as shown below:
- Check the box for Enable OpenURL.
- In the OpenURL Path box, enter: http://sfx.stanford.edu/local
- In the Arguments box change the text "ISI:WoS" to "ISI:endnote"
- Select OK and configuration is complete.
II. Once configured, Access the FindIt@Stanford menu
- Open an EndNote Library.
- Double-click on a reference to open the reference.
- From the "References" menu, select "OpenURL Link."
- The FindIt@Stanford menu will pop-up in a browser window. Access full text, print availability on campus, and auto-populated DocXpress forms (Lane's Interlibrary Loan and Pull & Copy services.)
- If two or more journals have the same title, all will appear as choices.