Trends and Emerging Issues Relating to Open Access, Open Data, and Open Education
Lauren Schoenthaler, Senior University Counsel at Stanford University, will discuss
issues related to a variety of “open” initiatives and their potential impact on Stanford
faculty, staff and students.
- Stanford author rights in an era of openness: Options for Stanford researchers when submitting articles to journals, and how to negotiate for open access to materials.
- How “open” should data be? Data security and ensuring the privacy of data.
- Online education: the three things every online educator should know about: access, copyright & privacy.
- Third party technology in the classroom.
- The Stanford Digital Repository. Possible applications and limitations of Stanford’s repository of faculty research