We will reopen at noon Sunday Sept. 21, 2014
Introduction to R programming, Part 1 and 2
Video Available - Part I
Video Available - Part II
NOTE: The instructor, podium and monitors for this lecture will be audio and videotaped. Please keep this in mind if you want to avoid being audio and video recorded.
This is a two-part series of workshops on "R" programming sponsored by the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs and Lane Medical Library.
Part I: Aug 15th, 9:30 am - noon (from 9:30 – 10:00 am Dr. Ruau will help troubleshoot problems w/ installation of R on your laptops)
Part II: Aug 16th, 10:00 am - noon
By the end of parts I and II, participants will be able to:
- Interact with R using commands passed through the console.
- Import and export data in various formats and transform those data in R.
- Make statistical graphics plots (and more)
- Write small scripts and functions using the R language.
- The introduction to R programming parts I and II course are intended as interactive classes where participants would bring their own laptop and put in practice what they learn directly.
- Although not a pre-requesite for Part 2, the content from Part 1 will NOT be "re-presented" for attendees who missed Part 1.
For a complete description of the classes: please see instructions for "Introduction to R programming I & II course" [pdf]
Installing "R" and other packages prior to the class: please see instruction for "Introduction to R programming I & II course" [pdf]