UAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- UCSC genome browser. Additional tools Video (Additional tools)
- UCSC genome browser. Advanced topics Video (Advanced topics)Advanced Topics Training for the University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC) Genome Browser UCSC Genome Browser: Table Browser, Custom Tracks & Gene Sorter.
- UCSC genome browser. An Introduction Video (Introduction)Overview of the University of California Santa Cruz (UCSC) Genome Browser.
- UCSF Tobacco industry videos Internet ArchiveThe University of California, San Francisco Tobacco Control Archives Video Collection contains videotapes related to the advertising, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and scientific research of tobacco products as well as materials gathered and produced by tobacco control advocates.
- Ultrasound Video, SUNet ID login requiredFive case reports accompanied by ultrasound images demonstrating various conditions that may be encountered in the ER.
- Ultrasound basics 1 AccessSurgery
- Ultrasound basics 2 AccessSurgery
- Ultrasound workshop Video, SUNet ID login required
- "It is easy to learn how to use ultrasound guidance when performing radial arterial catheterization in either the transverse or the longitudinal orientation. Clinicians who regularly insert arterial catheters should master this technique because it can increase the success rate and reduce the number of attempts required for successful catheterization as compared with the palpation technique."
- This procedure video demonstrates blood pressure measurement.
- Ultrasound-guided peripheral IV placement 2012, NEJMThis procedure video demonstrates how to use ultrasound guidance for the placement of peripheral intravenous (IV) catheters.
- Umbilical hernia repair AccessSurgery
- Umbilical hernia repair AccessSurgery
- Umbilical vascular catheterization 2008, NEJM
- Uncertain future of health reform Video, SUNet ID login required
- Understanding human evolution Video, SUNet ID login required
- Unusual Case of Hepatitis B Reactivation YouTube video
- Indications for long acting reversible contraception for adolescents -- Most frequent contraindications to combination oral contraceptives in adolescents -- Evidence-based risks and benefits of IUD and implant use in adolescents -- Evidence-based contraceptive options for adolescents.
- Update on dengue epidemiology, pathogenesis, and clinical management Video, SUNet ID login required
- Update on female adolescent reproductive health Video, SUNet ID login required
- Update on iron overload Video, SUNet ID login required
- Update on mitchondrial diseases in children Video, SUNet ID login required
- Update on pediatric cochlear implants YouTube video
- Update on the management of intracerebral hemorrhage Video, SUNet ID login required
- Updates in invasive and non-invasive prenatal diagnosis Video, SUNet ID login required
- Upper extremity injury exam Video, SUNet ID login required
- UPPP outcomes YouTube video
- Urgent matters in pediatric gastroenterology Video, SUNet ID login required
- Urologic emergencies Video, SUNet ID login required
- Urologic procedures Video, SUNet ID login required
- Use of Hemodynamic Support in the Cath Lab, Current Practice and Future Indications Download video (QuickTime)
- Utilizing Technology to Empower Patients YouTube video
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.