- Cooper, Allen D.
- Butte, Manish J.
- Mignot, Emmanuel.
- Stephen Madigan, PhD.Beginning with the premise that "the problem is the problem, the person is not the problem," Madigan guides the viewer on an intriguing journey through the foundational narrative therapy techniques such as externalization and re-authoring conversations. By asking a series of purposeful questions intended to help Ollie and his mother "tell their story," Madigan masterfully shows how to uncover the client's stance on the problem and how to develop an alternative plot that supports a client's preferred identity. With persistence and openness, Madigan validates this family's experience of racism and helps Ollie regain his "good boy" reputation. This is an exceptional opportunity to engage with the compelling principles of Narrative Therapy and learn how to put these transformational ideas into practice. Part of the 10-video series: Family Therapy with the Experts. Keywords: racism, court-ordered, court-mandated, violence, teenager, teen, narrative, family, African-American, adolescent, boy, bully, bullying, school, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Stephen Madigan, PhD.Watch expert Narrative therapist Stephen Madigan in an actual counseling session with a perfectionist 10-year old boy and his mother. Children can feel overtaken by family problems and allow those problems to define who they are. In this video, Stephen Madigan presents a refreshing approach that allows family members to separate themselves from their problems and retell their stories. By asking a series of compassionate questions, Madigan quickly gets to the heart of this family's frustration--a pattern of competitive taunting among the six children in the house. Madigan then helps them uncover skills, strengths and solutions to take home in order to break the family pattern. Jon Carlson and Don Keat introduce Dr. Madigan, and facilitate an in-depth discussion of the further impact and uses of the model. Keywords: narrative, perfectionism, bully, bullying, children, fighting, mother, family, anxiety, child, mother-son, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- 2006 NEJMSetnik, Gary S.; Shaffer, Robert W.; Thomsen, Todd W.N Engl J Med. 2006-04-27; 354(17):e16[video]
- 2013 NEJMCarron, Pierre-Nicolas; Hugli, Olivier; Pasquier, Mathieu.N Engl J Med. 2013-05-09; 368:e24[video]"Needle aspiration is an alternative treatment to the placement of a chest tube for patients with a first episode of primary spontaneous pneumothorax. A careful preprocedural evaluation is needed to be certain that there are no contraindications. All patients should be monitored closely during the procedure. After the anatomical landmarks have been identified and the local anesthetic agent has been administered, the intrapleural air can be evacuated through a large-bore catheter. The success of the procedure is confirmed by clinical improvement and by a chest film showing no or minimal residual pneumothorax."
- 2016 ClinicalKeyRobert M. Kliegman, Bonita Stanton, Joseph St. Geme, Nina F. Schor.After more than 75 years, Nelson Textbook of Pediatrics remains your indispensable source for definitive, state-of-the-art answers on every aspect of pediatric care. Embracing the new advances in science as well as the time-honored art of pediatric practice, this classic reference provides the essential information that practitioners and other care providers involved in pediatric health care throughout the world need to understand to effectively address the enormous range of biologic, psychologic, and social problems that our children and youth may face. Brand-new chapters and comprehensive revisions throughout-along with regular online updates personally selected by Dr. Kliegman-ensure that you have the most recent information on diagnosis and treatment of pediatric diseases based on the latest recommendations and methodologies.
- 2012 NEJMCagno, Colleen K.; Gordon, Paul R.N Engl J Med. 2012-07-12; 367(2):e3[video]The video demonstrates circumcision performed with a clamp device.
- Halamek, Louis P.
- Aschner, Judy L.
- Liang, Erica Chiu.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyDavid L. Felton, M. Kerry O'Banion, Mary Summo Maida ; illustrations by Frank H. Netter ; contributing illustrators James A. Perkins, Carlos A. G. Machado, John A. Craig.Neurons and their properties -- Skull and meninges -- Brain -- Brain stem and cerebellum -- Spinal cord -- Ventricles and the cerebrospinal fluid -- Vasculature -- Developmental neuroscience -- Peripheral nervous system -- Spinal cord -- Brain stem and cerebellum -- Diencephalon -- Telencephalon -- Sensory systems -- Motor systems -- Autonomic-hypothalamic-limbic systems.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyJoshua A. Cleland, Shane Koppenhaver, Jonathan Su ; illustrations by Frank H. Netter; contributing illustrators, Carlos A.G. Machado, John A. Craig.The reliability and diagnostic utility of the orthopaedic clinical examination -- Temporomandibular joint -- Cervical spine -- Thoracolumbar spine -- Sacroiliac region -- Hip and pelvis -- Knee -- Foot and ankle -- Shoulder -- Elbow and forearm -- Hand -- Diagnostic and reliability interpretation keys.
- 2014 ClinicalKeyConor P. Delaney ; illustrations by Frank H. Netter ; contributing illustrators, Carlos A.G. Machado, Kristen Wienandt Marzejon, James A. Perkins, John A. Craig.This one-of-a-kind resource combines the unmatched surgical anatomy illustrations of Frank H. Netter, MD with endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images - integrated with expert descriptions of each operative procedure - to provide a clear overview of the exposures, incision sites, surgically relevant landmarks, structures, fascial planes, and common anatomical variants and operative methods that are critical to your success in the operating room. Key Features: Vividly visualize the surgical anatomy you need to know through the uniquely detailed, memorable artwork of Dr. Netter, Carlos Machado, MD, and other anatomy illustrators working in the Netter tradition. View surgical anatomy from a clinical perspective through photographs and endoscopic, laparoscopic, and radiologic images that capture important landmarks and anatomy and are integrated into an expert description of each operative procedure. Access the complete contents online for quick look-ups, including videos of relevant surgical dissections to help you review approaches to common operations.
- Maris, John M.
- Hal Blumenfeld.Demonstrates how to perform a complete neurologic examination. It is intended for medical students, residents, and other students in the health care professions.
- Vobecky, Jan.
- Henry, Gregory L.
- Genovese, Mark.
- Albanese, Craig T.; Butler, Marilyn W.; Dutta, Sanjeev; Hartman, Gary E.
- Alvira, Cristina M.
- Baker, Julie C.
- Bhargava, Sumit.Educational objectives: The relationship between birth weight, weight gain and the development of adult disease in South Asians -- Sleep patterns and habits of South Asian children -- Transgenerational influences on the development of disease.
- Briggs, Josephine P.
- Ivy, D. Dunbar.
- Krasnow, Mark.
- New insights into an old disease : recent advances in understanding the biology of Entamoeba histolytica.SUNet ID login requiredSingh, Upinder.
- Agrawal, Anu; Dabbs, Devon.
- Leung, Lawrence L. K.
- Greenberg, Harry B.
- Greenberg, Harry B.
- Tam, Paul Kwong-hang.
- Fitzgerald, Peter J.
- Balasubramaniam, Vivek.
- Pichichero, Michael.
- -Collection of videos covering health, medical, and spiritual news and events at Stanford Hospital and Clinics.
- Glenn, Jeffrey S.
- Khazeni, Nayer.I. Background: Influenza & pandemics -- II. Methods to evaluate health & economic outcomes during a pandemic -- III. Analysis: Vaccination to mitigate pandemic A (H1N1) -- IV. Analysis: Vaccination to mitigate pandemic A (H5N1).
- with Anthony Coelho.Module I: Scientific peer reviews -- Module II: Grant writing for success -- Video of mock study section at NIH.
- The National Institutes of Health's Center for Information Technology (CIT) makes special NIH events, seminars, and lectures available to viewers on the NIH network and the Internet via the VideoCast web site.
- NIHSeniorHealth features authoritative and up-to-date health information from Institutes and Centers at NIH. In addition, the American Geriatrics Society provides expert and independent review of some of the material found on this Web site. Health topics include general background information, open-captioned videos, quizzes and frequently asked questions (FAQs). New topics are added to the site on a regular basis.
- Piot, Peter.
- 2016 ClinicalKeyTodd W. Vanderah and Douglas J. GouldMichigan.
- Lutchman, Glen.
- Sinatra, Frank R.
- Kay, Mark A.
- Khush, Kiran K.
- Krauss, Baruch.
- McConnell, Michael V.
- 2015 NEJMChandra, Subani; Higgins, Andrew R.; Kelly, Christopher R.N Engl J Med. 2015-06-04; 372:e30[video]"NPPV can help to stabilize the condition of patients with acute respiratory failure and prevent the need for intubation. The patients most likely to benefit include those with acute hypercapnic respiratory failure caused by a COPD exacerbation and those with cardiogenic pulmonary edema in the absence of shock or ischemia."
- Weissman, Irving L.
- Weissman, Irving L.
- Connolly, Andrew J.; Khan, Salman.In this teaching video, Salman Khan talks with Dr. Andy Connolly from Stanford Medical School on what normal colon tissue looks like.
- Kollef, Marin H.
- Jackler, Robert K.
- Brown, Janice M. Y.
- Einav, Shirit.
- Maldonado, Yvonne.
- 2017 ClinicalKeyeditor, Frank R. Noyes ; associate editor, Sue D. Barber-Westin.
- Kay, Mark A.
- Jacobson, Michael F.
- Shaw, Gary M.
- Bresler, Michael Jay.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.