- Shieh, Lisa.
- 2014 NEJMJuern, Jeremy; Verhaalen, Amy.N Engl J Med. 2014-05-01; 370:e28[video]"It is important for clinicians to be comfortable performing gastrostomy-tube exchange. Understanding the procedure and its potential hazards should help to minimize the risk of complications."
- Gearing up for growth-- new insights into genomic, epigenetic and physiological mechanisms of exercise in child health and diseaseSUNet ID login requiredCooper, Dan M.
- Peggy Papp, LCSW.The Depression Project at the Ackerman Institute for the Family has pioneered a marital therapy approach that addresses the cultural gender "mandates" that predispose men and women to depression and undermine intimate relationships. This emotionally compelling video features a series of real clinical sessions in which the Depression Project's treatment team works with a severely depressed couple to help reduce marital discord, alleviate each partner's feelings of despair, and bolster the couple's sense of competency and satisfaction within the marriage. Keywords: gender, differences, depression, Ackerman, institute, family, Peggy, Papp, couples, marital, psychotherapist, counselor, continuing education, online, purchase, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Steinhorn, Robin H.
- Rosenthal, Stephen M.
- Khokha, M. K.
- Orchard, Sandra.
- Kohn, Donald B.
- Kahana, Madelyn.
- Genes and diseases associated with protein and miRNA secretion : 2014 Edward Rubenstein Lectureship.SUNet ID login requiredSchekman, Randy W.
- Lifton, Richard P.
- Desai, Tushar.
- Bacchetta, Rosa.
- Hobbs, Helen H.
- Quertermous, Thomas.
- Levine, Ross.
- Winn, Michelle.
- Ji, Hanlee P.
- Nabel, Elizabeth G.
- Khoury, Muin J.
- Ioannidis, John P. A.
- Violet Oaklander, PhD.Expert child therapist Dr. Violet Oaklander has a knack for getting her clients to speak honestly and reveal their difficult feelings. In this video she meets with a 13-year old boy who is angry with his father but unable to express it directly. Watch as she gauges the boy's level of contact throughout the session, and masterfully provides openings for him to show cut-off parts of himself. She then collaborates to develop real-world strategies for ongoing expression of his difficult emotions. Jon Carlson and Don Keat introduce Dr. Oaklander, and facilitate an in-depth discussion of the further impact and uses of the model. Keywords: gestalt, play, child, art, adolescent, divorce, adolescents, 13-year-old, pre-teen, anger, angry, express, emotions, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Jackler, Robert K.
- "This 45-minute documentary explores three remarkable stories of medical progress that have taken place over the course of the long history of NEJM. In 1812, we had no understanding of infectious disease, surgery was unsanitary and performed without anesthesia, and cancer was unrecognized. Two centuries later, this film tells the story of research, clinical practice, and patient care, and of how we have continued to get better over the last 200 years"--NEJM200.NEJM.org website.
- Christian Conte, PhD.Do your clients struggle with anger? Do you struggle with finding empathy for clients who act out in anger or violence? Are you searching for new and better ways to help them manage these issues? Take this powerful workshop that will increase your self-understanding and give you tools to help your clients handle challenges without losing control. Going far beyond the old "count to 10, take a deep breath" models, and completely eliminating shame-based techniques, Christian Conte, PhD, offers radical new ways of understanding why people rage and how they can stop. In this video, you will learn about the neurochemistry of anger, how to recognize your client's personal anger-types, and how to help them master antidotes to each. In addition, you will become skilled at helping clients recognize their triggers, detach from their thoughts, and use their self-awareness more effectively. Keywords: anger management, violence, violent offenders, domestic abuse, Christian Conte, yield theory, anger problems, anger management groups, tools and techniques, class, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Stone, Neil J.YouTube video in-process.
- Paganelli, Ryan.
- Irvin Yalom, MD.The Gift of Therapy: A Conversation with Irvin Yalom, MD, the video, coincides with the publication of his book, The Gift of Therapy: An Open Letter to a New Generation of Therapists and Their Patients. In this hour-long interview by Randall Wyatt, PhD of Psychotherapy.net, renowned psychiatrist and author Dr. Yalom. discusses the central themes of his life's work as a psychotherapist and writer. He addresses such core concepts as existential psychotherapy, therapists' fears of self-disclosure, working in the here-and-now, group psychotherapy, and challenges for the next generation of therapists. He elucidates these topics as always with engaging stories from his work with patients, and his own life. This video will be quite valuable for teaching purposes and personal learning for both therapists, as well as anyone interested in the process of human growth and self-understanding. Keywords: Yalom, Irvin, gift, interview, conversation, group, existential, humanistic, video, videos, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Gifts of life at a time of great grief : the role of the practictioner in organ procurement in end-of-life careSUNet ID login requiredFrankel, Lorry R.
- Fine, Howard.
- Global child health, a strategic issue for today's world : what pediatricians should know and what we can do.SUNet ID login requiredSchaller, Jane G.
- Barry, Michele.
- Leonard, Kathleen.
- Glass, Roger I.
- Global HIV Pandemic : From Viral Particles to Sexual Networks. Implications for an AIDS Free Generation.SUNet ID login requiredQuinn, Thomas C.
- Santos, Jose Ignacio.
- Barry, Michele.
- Kraemer, Rick.
- Barry, Michele.YouTube video in-process.
- Tulsky, James A.
- Crowe, Susan.
- Bhutani, Vinod K.; Glader, Bertil E.
- Henry, Gregory L.
- Rosen, Peter.
- Strehlow, Matthew.
- Strehlow, Matthew.
- Corrales, C. Eduardo.
- Bauman, Sheri; Steen, Sam.Although child therapy is a vast subset of our field, much emphasis is placed on the various modalities that support either very young children or high school-age youth, while the treatment of middle schoolers is often neglected. In this video, Drs. Sam Steen and Sheri Bauman co-facilitate a series of structured sessions with a diverse group of eighth graders, offering therapists a much-needed picture of the issues young teens face and age-appropriate ways to help them connect with each other. Six 13-year-olds from different schools around Tuscon, Arizona, have been selected to participate in Steen and Bauman's group demonstrating their collaborative approach to adolescent group counseling. Through a warm, mutually developed combination of interactive icebreakers, expressive arts activities, and structured discussions designed to prompt self-reflection and direct communication, the facilitators demonstrate a range of methods to engage members of this challenging yet insightful age group. Over the course of eight sessions, the kids discover that despite real and perceived differences in race, gender, and family background, they share more traits and circumstances than they initially thought"”and even their differences offer opportunities for connection. Between sessions, Steen and Bauman debrief with nuts-and-bolts processing that will guide your understanding of their goals and showcase their clinical skills. Addressing the poignant themes raised by the youngsters and modifying activities as they go, they offer a useful framework for conducting adolescent groups and assessing their collective progress. If you're looking for effective ways to engage young teens in a short-term group process "either as a solo practitioner or in collaboration with a colleague" watch these two specialists to find inspiration as well as practical training you can start using today. Note: If you wish to see this talented team of therapists co-lead a similar series of sessions with fifth graders, consider watching
- Sam Steen, PhD, & Sheri Bauman, PhD.How do you introduce the topic of cultural diversity to children, when so often it is the "elephant in the room?" What are age-appropriate ways to talk about such complex concepts as discrimination and culture? Watch as group counseling experts, Drs. Sheri Bauman and Sam Steen, demonstrate the answers to these and other thought-provoking questions in this complete recording of six live, unscripted counseling sessions with a group of fifth graders. Then go behind the scenes with the co-leaders as they process each session, providing the viewer with rich insights into their thinking processes. As you get to know the leaders through their revealing conversations, you will learn what works and what mistakes to avoid, while gaining a deeper understanding of the benefits and challenges of co-leading groups. Chock-full of tips on everything from participant screening to self-disclosure to termination, this uncut video is an exceptionally valuable learning tool for professionals who want to improve their group facilitation skills, no matter the topic or population. Keywords: children, diversity, multicultural, child, group, minority, culture, cultural, race, gender, class, celebrating diversity with 5th graders, fifth, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Molyn Leszcz, MD, Irvin Yalom, MD.Group therapy sets the stage for a study in character and transformation in Yalom's novel The Schopenhauer cure. Master group therapist and teacher Molyn Leszcz leads two groups based on the characters and plot, which allows for the major themes and dynamics that occur in all working groups to quickly emerge in full force: authentic interpersonal engagement and feedback, conflict, jealousy, and the prospect of real intimacy. Additionally, you will see Leszcz skillfully demonstrate the core techniques in Yalom's interpersonal model of group psychotherapy: activating here-and-now interactions, reflection on group process, and the judicious use of therapist transparency. Commentary by Yalom and Leszcz help the viewer gain deeper understanding of the subtleties and nuances that occur in these fast-paced groups. Keywords: group, Yalom, here-and-now, Schopenhauer, groups, group therapy, existential, existential-humanistic, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Pouliot, Yannick.
- Nelson, Catherine S.; Sandberg, Michelle.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.