- Alam, Daniel S.
- In this first video of the ACT in Action series, you will meet Steven Hayes, PhD, founder of Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), who will guide you through the core processes and principles used in this evidence-based approach. Hayes first works with Jerry, a man suffering from significant social anxiety who has very little access to his emotions. Using the concept of creative hopelessness, he helps Jerry drop into his feelings and sensations and begin to more deeply engage in the work of therapy. You'll get to watch several ACT therapists demonstrate techniques and interventions used in the opening stages of therapy with a variety of clients, including a young mother struggling with anxiety and depression, a teacher with panic disorder and a woman who suffers from chronic pain. Offering commentary throughout, Hayes illustrates the key concepts of ACT as they are unfolding moment-to-moment in these riveting therapy sessions. Watch later volumes of this ACT in Action series to learn the many techniques that support the ACT principles of mindfulness, acceptance, cognitive defusion, valued living, and others. Keywords: ACT, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Steven Hayes, facing the struggle, creative hopelessness, act in action series, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Bernard, Rebecca S.; Shaw, Richard J.
- Rhine, William D.; Wayman, Karen I.
- Antonelli, Richard C.
- Most families have secrets, handed down from generation to generation like "booby-trapped heirlooms" waiting to explode. Secrets have far-reaching implications for families, setting the stage for a tense emotional climate of guardedness, anger, and reactivity. In this illuminating video, Evan Imber-Black, an expert on rituals, larger systems, and family secrets, speaks to viewers about the implications of secrets, and presents techniques for ushering families through the process of identifying, understanding, and resolving secrets. Imber-Black leads a moving series of reenacted family therapy sessions to illustrate the important stages of helping families to uncover their shrouded pasts. Keywords: family, secrets, Evan, Imber-Black, purchase, online, children, parents, psychotherapist, counselor, continuing education, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- For Kenneth Hardy, it is imperative to move therapy beyond a strict individualistic approach, focusing instead on how clients influence and are influenced by their relationships and larger social contexts. In this video, Hardy works with a client who's efforts to avoid conflict have the unintended effect of increasing tension and creating a rift in his marriage. He urges the client to express his feelings to his wife directly, bringing to light deep fears of revealing his anger and receiving disapproval. Hosts Jon Carlson and Diane Kjos introduce Dr. Hardy and facilitate an enlightening discussion, highlighting the relational and contextual aspects of the case. Keywords: Kenneth, Hardy, family, systems, therapy, culture, diversity, context, experts, expert, video, videos, series, session, ce, continuing, education, course, credit, psychotherapist, counselor, social, worker, psychologist, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Kaplan, Lee M.
- Johnstone, Noelle; Musick, Matthew.
- 2007 NEJMNg, Linda; Ortega, Rafael A.; Sekhar, Pavan; Song, Michael.N Engl J Med. 2008-04-03; 358(14):e15[video]
- Lenore Walker believes that it is important to empathize not only with clients' problems, but also with their strengths, and that many female clients have never had their strengths valued. Walker's feminist approach incorporates a focus on how a client's social context contributes to her problem and puts importance on maintaining an even power balance between the therapist and the client. In this video, Walker works with a woman who is in the final stages of divorce from a man that abused her. Walker demonstrates how to ask direct questions about the abuse without overwhelming her client. In addition, Walker focuses on her client's accomplishments and the importance of keeping safe even though her ex-husband is now out of the house. Jon Carlson and Diane Kjos introduce Walker and facilitate a discussion on the approach. Keywords: feminist, therapy, domestic, violence, counseling, abusive, abuse, abused, woman, Lenore Walker, survivor, victim, counselor, dv, psychotherapist, social worker, psychologist, continuing education, Counseling, counselling, Social Work, Social Worker, Therapy, Psychotherapy, Psychotherapy.net, Therapist.--Supplied by publisher.
- Eisenberg, Michael L.; Westphal, Lynn M.
- Blackburn, Brian; Koontz, Zach.
- Chakravarty, Eliza; Di Giulio, Daniel B.; Miller, Jared; Petersdorf, Robert G.; Wunderlich, C. A.
- 2011 NEJMHeidegger, Thomas.N Engl J Med. 2011-05-19 ; 364(20):e42[video]"This video will demonstrate a nasal approach in an awake patient with a difficult airway and will also demonstrate an oral technique in an anesthetized patient whose . . ."--Website.
- Rosen, Glenn D.
- Grainger-Monsen, Maren.
- Gotlib, Jason; Schrier, Stanley L.A film memoir conceived at the 50th Society of Hematology Meeting in San Francisco celebration honoring Dr. Stanley Schrier for his fifty years at Sanford and his 80th birthday in 2008.
- Koltai, Peter J.
- Fisher, Paul G.
- Liang, Matthew H.; Weyand, Cornelia M.Program begins at: 00:04:42 with a synopsis of Dr. Holman's life and accomplishments given by Cornelia Weyand, MD, Chief, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology. Dr. Liang's talk begins at 00:12:13.
- Myers, Jonathan.
- Spiekerkoetter, Edda.
- Ghajar, Jam.
- Nadeau, Kari C.
- Fitzgerald, C. George."Presented by the Stanford Spiritual Care Program. Maintaining our quality of life as we age means expanding our spiritual and emotional horizons even as we optimize our physical health. The staff chaplains of Stanford Hospital and Clinics will share their learning and reflections, teach nurturing life practices and facilitate conversations filled with meaning"--Website.
- Kerner, John A.
- Stirling, John.
- Winslow, Dean L.
- Fuster, Valentin.Includes announcement of Internal Medicine Chief Residents for 2014-2015: JimBoonyaratanakornit (MD/PhD, UCSF), Iris Ma (MD, UCSF) and Akanksha Thakur (MD, Case Western).
- Shah, Bimal.
- Horwitz, Ralph I.
- Ahmed, Bilal.Describes how good observational methods at the bedside helped to diagnose hypo-cupremic myelopathy due to excessive zinc intake from intensive use of denture cream.
- Reaven, Gerald M.
- Singer, Peter A.
- Yock, Torunn I.
- Moss, Richard B.
- "Future Medicine Ltd has developed an innovative publishing portfolio to reflect the advances in postgenomic medicine and to guide best clinical practice in modern medicine."--Publisher's website.
- Hakonarson, Hakon.
- Von Gunten, Charles F.
- Guttmacher, Alan E.
- Utz, Paul J.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.