- Bacterial biofilms YouTube video
- Bacterial meningitis Video, SUNet ID login required
- Bacterial pneumonias in the 21century Video, SUNet ID login required
- Baghdad ER Video, SUNet ID login required
- Balancing "No Blame" and accountability Video, SUNet ID login required
- Bartonella infections Video, SUNet ID login required
- Bates' Guide to the physical examination videos Video (QuickTime Player)Abdomen -- Breast and axillae -- Cardiovascular: neck vessels and heart -- Cardiovascular: peripheral vascular system -- Female genitalia, anus, and rectum -- Head, eyes and ears -- Male genitalia, rectum and hernias -- Musculoskeletal system -- Neurologic: motor system & reflexes -- Neurologic: cranial nerves and sensory system -- Nose, mouth and neck -- Thorax & lungs.
- Bates' Visual Guide. 5th ed. Video database, TRIAL ENDS Friday 1-31-2014."Now in its Fifth Edition and featuring completely reshot content and new clinical skills videos, Bates' Visual Guide delivers head-to-toe and systems-based physical examination techniques for the (Advanced) Assessment or Introduction to Clinical Medicine course. The site features more than 8 hours of video content"
- Better. 1st ed. 2007The struggle to perform well is universal: each of us faces fatigue, limited resources, and imperfect abilities in whatever we do. But nowhere is this drive to do better more important than in medicine, where lives are on the line with every decision. Author Gawande explores how doctors strive to close the gap between best intentions and best performance in the face of obstacles that sometimes seem insurmountable. Gawande's stories take us to battlefield surgical tents in Iraq, to labor and delivery rooms in Boston, to a polio outbreak in India, and to malpractice courtrooms around the country. He discusses the ethical dilemma of lethal injections, examines the influence of money on modern medicine, and recounts the contentious history of hand washing. And he gives us an inside look at his own life as a practicing surgeon, offering a firsthand account of a field where mistakes are both unavoidable and unthinkable.--From publisher description.
- Beyond coronary angiography Video, SUNet ID login required
- Beyond T&A-- secondary management of obstructive sleep apnea in children Video, SUNet ID login required
- Big hearts, sudden death and adventures in personal genomics Video, SUNet ID login required
- Billing Video, SUNet ID login required
- Biochem 101: case presentation Video, SUNet ID login required
- Biodiversity, its importance to health and medicine Video, SUNet ID login required
- Biology and applications of intestinal stem cells Video, SUNet ID login required
- Biology and clinical applications of positron emission tomography (PET) imaging Video, SUNet ID login required
- Biology and treatment of Barrett's esophagus Video, SUNet ID login required
- BioMart VideoA query-oriented data management system developed jointly by the European Bioinformatics Institute (EBI) and Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory (CSHL).
- Biostatistics : Video, SUNet ID login required
- Blinkx Search EngineVideo search engine.
- Blood Transfusions-- Less is More? Video, SUNet ID login required
- BMP-2 Affair Video
- Boards boot camp, endocrine and electrolytes Video, SUNet ID login required
- This video will demonstrate the procedure for bone marrow aspiration and bone marrow biopsy from the posterior iliac crest. Obtaining a bone marrow aspirate and core biopsy is often necessary when evaluating a patient who has a hematologic abnormality. Examining bone marrow is also useful in the diagnosis of metastatic spread of nonhematologic malignancies and to diagnose metabolic disorders.
- Bone Marrow Failure Syndromes YouTube video
- Bone marrow transplantation 2011-01-19, SUNet ID login required
- Boot camp-- Adams review Video, SUNet ID login required
- Boot camp-- Adams review Video, SUNet ID login required
- Brain and sickle cell disease Video, SUNet ID login required
- Breaking bad news Video, SUNet ID login required
- Breast anatomy and incisions AccessSurgery
- Bronchopulmonary dysplasia, 20 years later Video, SUNet ID login required
- Budget woes, children's foes Video, SUNet ID login required
- Building a genotype-phenotype database Video, SUNet ID login required
- Building upon the platform of umbilical cord blood transplants using cellular therapies Video, SUNet ID login required
- Burns Video, SUNet ID login required
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
Shortcut for iPhone
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.
Unless otherwise noted, SUNet ID is required on and off campus to watch the videos.