WAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Water encyclopedia hydrologic data and Internet resources. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- WebCASPAR DatabaseProvides easy access to a large body of statistical data resources for science and engineering (S&E) at U.S. academic institutions, including life sciences.
- WHO Child growth standards growth velocity based on weight, length and head circumference : methods and development. 2009Print Material1. Introduction -- 2. Methodology -- 3. Construction of the weight velocity standards -- 4. Construction of the length velocity standards -- 5. Construction of the head circumference velocity standards -- 6. Computation of centiles and z-scores for velocities based on weight, length and head circumference -- 7. Discussion -- 8. Bibliography -- Appendix B Model specifications of the WHO child growth velocity standards -- Appendix C Results from analyses related to regression to the mean.
- WHO Child growth standards head circumference-for-age, arm circumference-for-age, triceps skinfold-for-age and subscapular skinfold-for-age : methods and development 2007Print Material
- WHO Child growth standards length/height-for-age, weight-for-age, weight-for-length, weight-for-height and body mass index-for-age : methods and development 2006Print Material
- I. Magnitude of falls : a worldwide overview -- II. Active ageing: a framework for the global strategy for the prevention of falls in older age -- III. Determinants of active ageing as they relate to falls in older age -- IV. Challenges for prevention of falls in older age -- V. Examples of effective policies and interventions
- WHO report on the global tobacco epidemic, 2013 enforcing bans on tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship. 2013, WHO
- Second in a series of WHO reports on the global tobacco epidemic. Tracks the status of the tobacco epidemic and the impact of interventions implemented to stop it.
- Women of color health data book. 3rd ed- Latest ed. only
- Women's health and mortality chartbook 2004, Natl Cent Health StatIncludes: death rates; health risk factors; preventive care utilization; and, health insurance coverage.
- Work and occupations v. 9-, 1982-, HighWire
- Worker drug use and workplace policies and programs results from the 1994 and 1997 National Household Survey on Drug Abuse Google Books
- World health report 1995-
- World health statistics 2005-, WHO
- Print Material
- World malaria report 2009 2009, WHO1. Introduction -- 2. Policies, strategies and targets for malaria control -- 3. Interventions to control malaria -- 4. Impact of malaria control -- 5. Elimination of malaria -- 6. Financing malaria control -- PROFILES -- 31 high-burden countries -- -- Annex 1. Methods for preparing the country profiles -- Annex 2. Reported malaria cases and deaths, 2008 -- Annex 3. A. Reported malaria cases, 1990--2008 -- Annex 3. B. Reported malaria deaths, 1990--2008 -- Annex 4. A. Recommended policies and strategies for malaria control, 2009 -- Annex 4. B. Antimalarial drug policy, 2009 -- Annex 5. Operational coverage of ITNs, IRS and antimalarial treatment, 2007--2008 -- Annex 6. A. Household surveys of mosquito nets ownership and usage, 2006--2008 -- Annex 6. B. Household surveys of antimalarial treatment, 2006--2008 -- Annex 7. Funding for malaria control, 2008
- World malaria report 2013 2013, WHO1. Introduction -- 2. Policies, strategies, goals and targets for malaria control and elimination -- 3. Financing malaria control -- 4. Vector control for malaria -- 5. Preventive therapies for malaria -- 6. Diagnostic testing and treatment of malaria -- 7. Malaria surveillance -- 8. Changes in malaria incidence and mortality -- Regional profiles -- Country profiles -- Annexes.
Help at Stanford
- Department of Statistics' Consulting (free to Stanford affiliates)
- Spectrum (The Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research)
- Biostatistics fast help FAQ
- Biostatistics Department (Stanford Medicine)
- Stanford University Statistics
- Lane statistical software
- Statistics A-Z from SULAIR
- Social Science Data and Software group
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.