- Gaceta sanitaria v. 16-, 2002-, SciELO
- Global burden of disease 2004 update. Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
- Global health facts Kais Fam FoundProvides data by country on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other key health and socio-econmic indicators.
- "This publication presents a comprehensive perspective on the worldwide, regional and country consumption of alcohol, patterns of drinking, health consequences and policy responses in member states. It represents a continuing effort by WHO to support member states with global information in their efforts to reduce the harmful use of alcohol and its health and social consequences"--Publisher's description.
- The Global status report on alcohol and health 2014 presents a comprehensive perspective on the global, regional and country consumption of alcohol, patterns of drinking, health consequences and policy responses in Member States. It represents a continuing effort by the World Health Organization (WHO) to support Member States in collecting information in order to assist them in their efforts to reduce the harmful use of alcohol, and its health and social consequences. The report was launched in Geneva on Monday 12 May 2014 during the second meeting of the global network of WHO national counterparts for implementation of the global strategy to reduce the harmful use of alcohol.--Publisher's description.
- This global status report on prevention and control of NCDs (2014), is framed around the nine voluntary global targets. The report provides data on the current situation, identifying bottlenecks as well as opportunities and priority actions for attaining the targets. The 2010 baseline estimates on NCD mortality and risk factors are provided so that countries can report on progress, starting in 2015. In addition, the report also provides the latest available estimates on NCD mortality (2012) and risk factors, 2010-2012. All ministries of health need to set national NCD targets and lead the development and implementation of policies and interventions to attain them. There is no single pathway to attain NCD targets that fits all countries, as they are at different points in their progress in the prevention and control of NCDs and at different levels of socioeconomic development. However all countries can benefit from the comprehensive response to attaining the voluntary global targets presented in this report.--Publisher description.
- This report provides legislation data last updated in 2011 and fatality data updated for 2010.
- The Global status report on violence prevention 2014, which reflects data from 133 countries, is the first report of its kind to assess national efforts to address interpersonal violence, namely child maltreatment, youth violence, intimate partner and sexual violence, and elder abuse. Jointly published by WHO, the United Nations Development Programme, and the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, the report reviews the current status of violence prevention efforts in countries, and calls for a scaling up of violence prevention programmes; stronger legislation and enforcement of laws relevant for violence prevention; and enhanced services for victims of violence.--Publisher description
- Global tuberculosis report 2013 2013, WHOch. 1. Introduction -- ch. 2. The burden of disease caused by TB -- ch. 3. TB case notifications and treatment outcomes -- ch. 4. Drug-resistant TB -- ch. 5. Diagnostics and laboratory strengthening -- ch. 6. Addressing the co-epidemics of TB and HIV -- ch. 7. Financing -- ch. 8. Research and development.
- Global tuberculosis report 2014 2014, WHOSupplement WHO"This is the nineteenth global report on tuberculosis (TB) published by WHO in a series that started in 1997. It provides a comprehensive and up-to-date assessment of the TB epidemic and progress in implementing and financing TB prevention care and control at global regional and country levels using data reported by over 200 countries that account for over 99% of the world's TB cases. The report is accompanied by a special supplement that marks the 20th anniversary of the establishment of the Global Project on Anti-TB Drug Resistance Surveillance. The supplement highlights the latest status of knowledge about the epidemic of multidrug-resistant TB (MDR-TB) and the programmatic response."--Ebook Library.
- Globalhealthfacts.org Kais Fam FoundProvides data by country on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria and other key health and socio-econmic indicators.
- "Provides contemporary estimates of the incidence of, mortality and prevalence from major types of cancer, at national level, for 184 countries of the world. The GLOBOCAN estimates are presented for 2012, separately for each sex. 1-, 3- and 5-year prevalence data are available for the adult population only (ages 15 and over)."--Website.
- Government digest Lane Catalog recordPrint Material
Access restricted to Stanford community
Help at Stanford
- Department of Statistics' Consulting (free to Stanford affiliates)
- Spectrum (The Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research)
- Biostatistics fast help FAQ
- Biostatistics Department (Stanford Medicine)
- Stanford University Statistics
- Lane statistical software
- Statistics A-Z from SULAIR
- Social Science Data and Software group
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.