- Dartmouth atlas of health care 1996, 1998-Maps, figures, and tables present data for defined hospital service areas and referral regions on these topics: hospital resources, expenditures, capacity, utilization, and outcomes; Medicare; physician workforce; diagnosis and surgical treatment of common medical conditions.
- DataFerrett Analytical ToolA data mining and extraction tool for statistical data from US and international government agencies, including US Census and the National Center for Health Statistics.
- Print Material
- Disability among older people Fulltext
- Disability statistics abstract v. 1-, 1991-
- Disease and mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa. 2nd ed. 2006, NCBI BookshelfChanging patterns of disease and mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview /Florence K. Baingana and Eduard R. Bos --Levels and trends in mortality in Sub-Saharan Africa: an overview /Jacob Adetunji and Eduard R. Bos --Trends in child mortality, 1960 to 2000 /Kenneth Hill and Agbessi Amouzou --Levels and trends of adult mortality /Debbie Bradshaw and Ian M. Timaeus --Causes of death /Chalapati Rao, Alan D. Lopez, and Yusuf Hemed --Population and mortality after AIDS /Rodolfo A. Bulatao --Levels and patterns of mortality at INDEPTH demographic surveillance systems /Osman A. Sankoh ... [et al.] --Trends and issues in child undernutrition /Todd Benson and Meera Shekar --Diarrheal diseases /Cynthia Boschi-Pinto, Claudio F. Lanata, Walter Mendoza, and Demissie Habte --Developmental disabilities /Geoff Solarsh and Karen J. Hofman --Acute respiratory infections /Shabir A. Mahdi and Keith P. Klugman --Vaccine-preventable diseases /Mark A. Miller and John T. Sentz --Tuberculosis /Christopher Dye ... [et al.] --Malaria /Robert W. Snow and Judy A. Omumbo --Onchocerciasis /Uche Amazigo ... [et al.] --Maternal mortality /Khama O. Rogo, John Oucho, and Philip Mwalali --HIV/AIDS /Souleymane Mboup ... [et al.] --Lifestyle and related risk factors for chronic diseases /Krisela Steyn and Albertino Damasceno --Diabetes mellitus /Jean-Claude Mbanya and Kaushik Ramiaya --Cancers /Freddy Sitas ... [et al.] --Cardiovascular disease /Anthony Mbewu and Jean-Claude Mbanya --Mental health and the abuse of alcohol and controlled substances /Florence K. Baingana, Atalay Alem, and Rachel Jenkins --Neurological disorders /Donald Silberberg and Elly Katabira --Violence and injuries /Brett Bowman ... [et al.].
- Disparities from decreased access to specialized emergency care Video, SUNet ID login required
Popular Statistics Databases
- Department of Statistics' Consulting (free to Stanford affiliates)
- Spectrum (The Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research)
- Biostatistics fast help FAQ
- Biostatistics Department (Stanford Medicine)
- Stanford University Statistics
- Lane statistical software
- Statistics A-Z from SULAIR
- Social Science Data and Software group
Shortcut to Licensed Content
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.