ALLAccess restricted to Stanford unless otherwise noted
- Print Material
- Print Material
- Review of public data use v. 1-12, 1972-84., Acad Search Prem
- Revolving door 2013This report is being released in conjunction with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation's Care About Your Care initiative, which is devoted to improving care transitions when people leave the hospital. It looks at the issue of readmissions in two ways: by the numbers and through the eyes of the people who live them.
- Right start Fulltext
- Rseek SearchEngine/DatabaseSearch engine specializing in finding information about the R statistical analysis language.
- RStudio Open Source EditionDuck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Open Source EditionRedwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Open Source EditionM051-PC1,2,3,4 Open Source Edition"RStudio is an integrated development environment (IDE) for R. It includes a console, syntax-highlighting editor that supports direct code execution, as well as tools for plotting, history, debugging and workspace management."--Website.
- SAS Product DescriptionDuck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Version 9.4 (Windows)Redwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Version 9.4 (Windows)M051-PC1,2,3,4 Version 9.4 (Windows)
- SAS Enterprise Guide Product DescriptionDuck Room, Duck-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 Version 4.3 (Windows)Redwood Room, Redwood-PC1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 Version 4.3 (Windows)M051-PC1,2,3,4 Version 4.3 (Windows)
- Science.gov U.S. Dep EnergyAn interagency working group of scientific and technical information organizations from major U.S. government science agencies have collaborated to create science.gov, the "FirstGov for Science" web site. It provides a gateway to reliable information about science and technology from across federal government organizations. Major types of information included are selected authoritative science Web sites and databases of technical reports, journal citations, conference proceedings, and fact sheets.
- Selected papers of Frederick Mosteller 2006, Springer
- Significance Analysis of Microarrays (SAM). Version 3.X. Analytical Tool, Registration requiredA leading significance analysis tool for microarray gene expression measurements.
- This report sets out to illuminate the different ways people seek health information as well as how people use online social tools to share knowledge with loved ones, fellow patients, and caregivers.
- Social security bulletin v. 62-, 1999-, USAGovv. 53-69, no. 1, 1990-May 2009. Acad Search Prem
- Social security bulletin Annual statistical supplement 2000-, USAGov
- Sociology of work and occupations v. 1-8, 1974-81., HighWire
- Specialty and geographic distribution of the physician workforce-- What influences medical student and resident choices? 20091. What We Know About Factors Affecting Medical Student & Resident Career Decisions -- 2. Study Aims, Questions, Methods, Limitations -- 3. Outcomes of Current Physician Training -- 4. Debt -- 5. Title VII Effect, Personal Interests, and Experiences in Medical School -- 6. Return on Investment -- 7. Conclusions and Recommendations -- Appendices.
- SPSS Product DescriptionDuck Room Version 22 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 22 (Windows)M051 Version 22 (Windows)Program that allows the user to do statistical analysis.
- "All known local tobacco control ordinances in the US that have one or more of the following provisions--clean indoor air, youth access, or restrictions on tobacco advertising and promotion."
- State estimates of substance use from the 2002 National Survey on Drug Use and Health 2004, Google Books
- State health ranking Oxford
- State rankings 2009-12Print Material
- Statehealthfacts.org Kais Fam Found
- Statistical universe Database
- A premier source for cancer statistics in the United States. SEER collects information on incidence, survival, and prevalence from specific geographic areas representing 26 percent of the US population and compiles reports on all of these plus cancer mortality for the entire US.
- SYSTAT Product DescriptionM051 Version 12 (Windows)Duck Room Version 12 (Windows)Redwood Room Version 12 (Windows)Program that allows the user to calculate statistics, generate data reports and produce graphics.
- Trace archive NCBIConsists of the raw, single-pass, reads of DNA sequence generated from large-scale sequencing projects.
- Triplet births Fulltext
- U.S. decennial life tables for 1989-91. Volume II, State life tables 1989-, CDC, Scroll down to U.S. Decennial Life Tables for 1989 to 1991.no. 1. Alabama -- no. 2. Alaska -- no. 3. Arizona -- no. 4. Arkansas -- no. 5. California -- no. 6. Colorado -- no. 7. Connecticut -- no. 8. Delaware -- no. 9. District of Columbia -- no. 10. Florida -- no. 11. Georgia -- no. 12. Hawaii -- no. 13. Idaho -- no. 14. Illinois -- no. 15. Indiana -- no. 16. Iowa -- no. 17. Kansas -- no. 18. Kentucky -- no. 19. Louisiana -- no. 20. Maine -- no. 21. Maryland -- no. 22. Massachusetts -- no. 23. Michigan -- no. 24. Minnesota -- no. 25. Mississippi -- no. 26. Missouri -- no. 27. Montana -- no. 28. Nebraska -- no. 29. Nevada -- no. 30. New Hampshire -- no. 31. New Jersey -- no. 32. New Mexico -- no. 33. New York -- no. 34. North Carolina -- no. 35. North Dakota -- no. 36. Ohio -- no. 37. Oklahoma -- no. 38. Oregon -- no. 39. Pennsylvania -- no. 40. Rhode Island -- no. 41. South Carolina -- no. 42. South Dakota -- no. 43. Tennessee -- no. 44. Texas -- no. 46. Vermont -- no. 47. Virginia -- no. 48. Washington -- no. 49. West Virginia -- no. 50. Wisconsin-- no. 51. Wyoming.
- Collates the most recent country-specific data on the spread and impact of the HIV virus, together with information on risky behaviors and health sector response information (e.g. data on people receiving treatment and coverage of HIV counselling and testing).
- Contains statistics on end stage renal disease (ESRD) such as life expenctancy following transplant, survival rates, prevalence and costs of ESRD therapy, international comparisons of ESRD, and treatment modalitites such as dialysis and hemodialysis.
- Vaccines. 4th ed. 2004Print Material
- Vaccines. 5th ed. 2008Print MaterialA short history of vaccination / Susan L. Plotkin, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Vaccine immunology / Claire-Anne Siegrist -- The vaccine industry / R. Gordon Douglas, Jerald C. Sadoff, Vijay B. Samant -- Vaccine manufacturing / Phillip L. Gomez, James M. Robinson, Joseph A. Rogalewicz -- Immunologic adjuvants / Frederick R. Vogel, Stanley L. Hem -- Vaccine additives and manufacturing residuals in United States-licenced vaccines / Theresa M. Finn, William Egan -- General immunization practices / William L. Atkinson, Andrew L. Kroger, Larry K. Pickering -- Anthrax vaccines / Philip S. Brachman, Arthur M. Friedlander, John D. Grabenstein -- Cholera vaccines / Carol O. Tacket, David A. Sack -- Diphtheria toxoid / Charles R. Vitek, Melinda Wharton -- Haemophilus influenzae vaccines / Aruna Chandran, James P. Watt, Mathuram Santosham -- Hepatitis A vaccines / Anthony E. Fiore, Stephen M. Feinstone, Beth P. Bell -- Hepatitis B vaccines / Eric E. Mast, John W. Ward -- Human papillomavirus vaccines / John T. Schiller, Ian H. Frazer, Douglas R. Lowy -- Inactivated influenza vaccines / Carolyn B. Bridges ... [et al.] -- Influenza vaccine--live / Robert B. Belshe ... [et al.] -- Japanese encephalitis virus vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, Julie Jacobson -- Measles vaccines / Peter M. Strebel ... [et al.] -- Meningococcal vaccines / Dan M. Granoff, Lee H. Harrison, Ray Borrow -- Mumps vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Steven A. Rubin -- Pertussis vaccines / Kathryn M. Edwards, Michael D. Decker -- Plague vaccines / E. Diane Williamson, Andrew J. Simpson, Richard W. Titball -- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccine and pneumococcal common protein vaccines / Steven Black ... [et al.] -- Pneumococcal polysaccharide vaccines / Lisa A. Jackson, Kathleen M. Neuzil -- Poliovirus vaccine-inactivated / Stanley A. Plotkin, Emmanuel Vidor -- Poliovirus vaccine-live / Roland W. Sutter, Olen M. Kew, Stephen L. Cochi -- Rabies vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin, Hilary Koprowski, Charles E. Rupprecht -- Rotavirus vaccines / H. Fred Clark ... [et al.] -- Rubella vaccine / Stanley A. Plotkin, Susan E. Reef -- Smallpox and vaccinia / Donald A. Henderson, Luciana L. Borio, John D. Grabenstein -- Tetanus toxoid / Steven G.F. Wassilak ... [et al.] -- Tick-borne encephalitis virus vaccines / P. Noel Barrett, Stanley A. Plotkin, Hartmut J. Ehrlich -- Tuberculosis vaccines / Kim Connelly Smith, Ian M. Orme, Jeffrey R. Starke -- Typhoid fever vaccines / Myron M. Levine -- Varicella vaccine / Anne A. Gershon, Michiaki Takahashi, Jane F. Seward -- Yellow fever vaccine / Thomas P. Monath, Martin S. Cetron, Dirk E. Teuwen -- Zoster vaccine / Myron J. Levin -- Combination vaccines / Michael D. Decker, Kathryn M. Edwards, Hugues H. Bogaerts -- Adenovirus vaccines / Charlotte A. Gaydos, Gregory C. Gray -- Biodefense and special pathogen vaccines / Philip Pittman, Stanley A. Plotkin -- Therapeutic cancer vaccines / Neil L. Berinstein, David Spaner -- Cytomegalovirus vaccines / Stanley A. Plotkin -- Dengue vaccines / Scott B. Halstead, David W. Vaughn -- Diarrheal disease vaccines / James P. Nataro, Eileen M. Barry -- Ebola vaccines / Nancy J. Sullivan, Gary J. Nabel -- Epstein-Barr virus vaccines / Joanne E. Davis, Denis J. Moss -- Hepatitis C virus vaccines / Eva Reali, Michael Houghton, Sergio Abrignani -- Hepatitis E virus vaccines / Robert H. Purcell, Suzanne U. Emerson -- Herpes simplex virus vaccines / Lawrence R. Stanberry -- Human immunodeficiency virus vaccines / Marc P. Girard, Wayne C. Koff -- Lyme disease vaccines / Allen C. Steere -- Malaria vaccines / Filip Dubovsky, Elissa Malkin -- Noninfectious disease vaccines / George R. Siber -- Respiratory syncytial virus and parainfluenza virus vaccines / Ruth A. Karron -- Parasitic disease vaccines / Peter J. Hotez, Jeffrey M. Bethony -- Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) vaccines / Bart L. Haagmans, Albert D.M.E. Osterhaus -- Staphylococcus aureus vaccines / Robert S. Daum -- Streptococcus group A vaccines / Karen L. Kotloff -- Streptococcus group B vaccines / C. Mary Healy, Carol J. Baker -- Technologies for making new vaccines / Ronald W. Ellis -- Alternative vaccine delivery methods / Bruce G. Weniger, Mark J. Papania -- The development of gene-based vectors for immunization / Gary J. Nabel --- Vaccination in the immunocompromised host / Per Ljungman -- Vaccination of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons / William J. Moss, Neal A. Halsey -- Vaccines for international travel / Elizabeth D. Barnett, Phyllis E. Kozarsky, Robert Steffen -- Vaccines for health care workers / David J. Weber, William A. Rutala -- Immunization in the United States / Walter A. Orenstein ... [et al.] -- Immunization in Europe / David M. Salisbury, John S. Spika -- Immunization in the Asia-Pacific region / Theodore F. Tsai, Zhi Yi Xu -- Immunization in developing countries / Stephen C. Hadler ... [et al.] -- Community immunity / Paul E.M. Fine, Kim Mulholland -- Economic analyses of vaccine policies / Mark A. Miller, Alan R. Hinman -- Regulation and testing of vaccines / Norman W. Baylor, Karen Midthun -- Vaccine safety / Paul A. Offit, Robert L. Davis, Deborah Gust -- Legal issues / Geoffrey Evans, Emily Marcus Levine, Elizabeth H. Saindon -- Ethics / Arthur L. Caplan, Jason L. Schwartz.
- Vital and health statistics Fulltext
- Vital and health statistics. Series 10, Data from the National Health Survey v. 1-, 1963-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 12, Data from the National Health Survey v. 1-24, 1965-74., NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 13, Data from the National Health Survey v. 1-, 1966-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 14 no. 1-, 1968-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 15, Data from the National Health Survey no. 1-, 1981-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 2, Data evaluation and methods research v. 1-, 1963-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 23, Data from the National Survey of Family Growth v. 1-, 1977-, NCHS
- Vital and health statistics. Series 5, Comparative international vital and health statistics reports v. 1-, 1984-, NCHS
- Water encyclopedia. 3rd ed. 2007, CRCnetBASE
- WebCASPAR DatabaseProvides easy access to a large body of statistical data resources for science and engineering (S&E) at U.S. academic institutions, including life sciences.
- Print Material1. Introduction -- 2. Methodology -- 3. Construction of the weight velocity standards -- 4. Construction of the length velocity standards -- 5. Construction of the head circumference velocity standards -- 6. Computation of centiles and z-scores for velocities based on weight, length and head circumference -- 7. Discussion -- 8. Bibliography -- Appendix B Model specifications of the WHO child growth velocity standards -- Appendix C Results from analyses related to regression to the mean.
- Print Material
- Print Material
- I. Magnitude of falls : a worldwide overview -- II. Active ageing: a framework for the global strategy for the prevention of falls in older age -- III. Determinants of active ageing as they relate to falls in older age -- IV. Challenges for prevention of falls in older age -- V. Examples of effective policies and interventions
- Second in a series of WHO reports on the global tobacco epidemic. Tracks the status of the tobacco epidemic and the impact of interventions implemented to stop it.
- This landmark new report presents the first comprehensive worldwide analysis of tobacco use and control efforts. It provides countries with a roadmap to reverse the devastating global tobacco epidemic that could kill up to one billion people by the end of this century. The report outlines the MPOWER package, a set of six key tobacco control measures that reflect and build on the WHO Framework Convention on Tobacco Control.
- Women of color health data book. 3rd ed- Latest ed. only
- Women's health and mortality chartbook 2004, Natl Cent Health StatIncludes: death rates; health risk factors; preventive care utilization; and, health insurance coverage.
- Work and occupations v. 9-, 1982-, HighWire
- Worker drug use and workplace policies and programs Google Books
- World health report 1995-
- World health statistics 2005-, WHO
- Print Material
- World malaria report 2009 2009, WHO1. Introduction -- 2. Policies, strategies and targets for malaria control -- 3. Interventions to control malaria -- 4. Impact of malaria control -- 5. Elimination of malaria -- 6. Financing malaria control -- PROFILES -- 31 high-burden countries -- -- Annex 1. Methods for preparing the country profiles -- Annex 2. Reported malaria cases and deaths, 2008 -- Annex 3. A. Reported malaria cases, 1990--2008 -- Annex 3. B. Reported malaria deaths, 1990--2008 -- Annex 4. A. Recommended policies and strategies for malaria control, 2009 -- Annex 4. B. Antimalarial drug policy, 2009 -- Annex 5. Operational coverage of ITNs, IRS and antimalarial treatment, 2007--2008 -- Annex 6. A. Household surveys of mosquito nets ownership and usage, 2006--2008 -- Annex 6. B. Household surveys of antimalarial treatment, 2006--2008 -- Annex 7. Funding for malaria control, 2008
- World malaria report 2012 2012, WHOThe World Malaria Report 2012 summarizes information received from 104 malaria-endemic countries and other sources, and updates the analyses presented in the 2011 report. It highlights the progress made towards the global malaria targets set for 2015 and describes current challenges for global malaria control and elimination.
- World malaria report 2013 2013, WHO1. Introduction -- 2. Policies, strategies, goals and targets for malaria control and elimination -- 3. Financing malaria control -- 4. Vector control for malaria -- 5. Preventive therapies for malaria -- 6. Diagnostic testing and treatment of malaria -- 7. Malaria surveillance -- 8. Changes in malaria incidence and mortality -- Regional profiles -- Country profiles -- Annexes.
- YMF Analytical ToolA popular DNA motif finder applicable to finding candidates for regulatory factor binding sites by searching for statistically overrepresented motifs. It enumerates all motifs in the search space and is guaranteed to produce those motifs with greatest z-scores
- Consists of publications (selectively listed in this record) issued by various units of the San Francisco Department of Public Health and listed alphabetically by title. The Knowledge Sharing & Collaboration tab contains separate lists of publications about community health, environmental health, occupational safety and health, etc.
Help at Stanford
- Department of Statistics' Consulting (free to Stanford affiliates)
- Spectrum (The Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research)
- Biostatistics fast help FAQ
- Biostatistics Department (Stanford Medicine)
- Stanford University Statistics
- Lane statistical software
- Statistics A-Z from SULAIR
- Social Science Data and Software group
Shortcut to Licensed Content
Bookmark on other websites
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Links” (IE7) or “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
What is it?
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) gives you access to resources licensed by the library even when you're not coming from a Lane or a Stanford IP address.
While we'd like Lane to be your gateway to our licensed content, we recognize that links to books, articles and journals come from a variety of different sources (Google, your email, RSS reader, etc.).
When installed, it will look your browser bookmark.
At the page you would like to proxy, click the "Lane Gateway to Licensed Content" to invoke it.
If Lane licenses that content, you'll get access as if you were on campus.
How does it work?
This allows you to view the URL as though you were on campus, giving you access to materials licensed for use by the Stanford academic community.
If you're not authenticated, you'll be prompted for your SUNetID and password.
Don't see the Toolbar, Bookmarks, or Links or Favorites bar?
From the "View" menu, select "Toolbars" & choose "Bookmarks Toolbar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Show Bookmarks Bar"
From the "View" menu, choose "Always Show Bookmarks Bar"
- Right-click in a clear area near the browser address bar
- In the menu, check a box next "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9)
- Managing IE Favorites
This shortcut (Lane proxy bookmarklet) only works with resources Lane has licensed and configured to work with our proxy server.
If invoked on a resource we do not license and/or have not yet configured, you will see an error message:
The Lane proxy server cannot complete your request because this host has not been configured properly.
We make no attempt to configure our proxy server for every resource, only those we license and for which a Stanford IP address grants access.
Drag this button onto your browser toolbar to install.
- Right click this button
- Select "Add to Favorites", click "Continue" if you see a security alert
- In "Create in" menu, select "Links" (IE7) or "Favorites Bar" (IE8, IE9) to install
Drag this button onto Safari Bookmarks bar to install.