- 2015 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures : includes a special report on disclosing a diagnosis of Alzheimer's Disease2015Specific information in this year's Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures includes: Proposed criteria and guidelines for diagnosing Alzheimer's disease from the National Institute on Aging and the Alzheimer's Association; Overall number of Americans with Alzheimer's disease nationally and for each state; Proportion of women and men with Alzheimer's and other dementias; Estimates of lifetime risk for developing Alzheimer's disease; Number of deaths due to Alzheimer's disease nationally and for each state, and death rates by age; Number of family caregivers, hours of care provided, economic value of unpaid care nationally and for each state, and the impact of caregiving on caregivers; Use and costs of health care, long-term care and hospice care for people with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias; Challenges surrounding the disclosure of an Alzheimer's disease diagnosis to individuals with the disease. The Appendices detail sources and methods used to derive data in this report. This report frequently cites statistics that apply to all individuals with dementia. When possible, specific information about individuals with Alzheimer's disease is provided; in other cases, the reference may be a more general one of individuals with "Alzheimer's disease and other dementias."
- 2014 Alzheimer's disease facts and figures : includes a special report on women and Alzheimer's disease20142014 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures is a statistical resource for U.S. data related to Alzheimer's disease, the most common type of dementia, as well as other dementias. Background and context for interpretation of the data are contained in the Overview. This information includes definitions of the various types of dementia and a summary of current knowledge about Alzheimer's disease. Additional sections address prevalence, mortality and morbidity, caregiving and use and costs of care and services. The Special Report discusses women and Alzheimer's disease.
Access restricted to Stanford community
Help at Stanford
- Department of Statistics' Consulting (free to Stanford affiliates)
- Spectrum (The Stanford Center for Clinical and Translational Education and Research)
- Biostatistics fast help FAQ
- Biostatistics Department (Stanford Medicine)
- Stanford University Statistics
- Lane statistical software
- Statistics A-Z from SULAIR
- Social Science Data and Software group
Shortcut to Licensed Content
TO INSTALL, DRAG THIS BUTTON to your browser Bookmarks or Tools Bar.
Bookmark on Other Websites
- TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.
- Select "Add to Favorites" (click “Continue” if you see a security alert)
- From the "Create in" menu, select “Favorites Bar” (IE8, IE9) to install
- Once installed it will look like this
- Click "Bookmark on Lane" to bookmark any webpage
- Your saved bookmark will appear on this page
TO INSTALL, RIGHT CLICK this button.